Summary: A plant genus of the family LAMIACEAE that contains tilianin, agastanol, and agastaquinone (a cytotoxic diterpenoid quinone).
- Antifungal activity of the essential oil of Agastache rugosa Kuntze and its synergism with ketoconazoleS Shin
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Ssangmoondong 419, Dobongku, Seoul, Korea
Lett Appl Microbiol 36:111-5. 2003To evaluate the fungitoxic activity of the essential oil of Agastache rugosa alone and to determine its combination effect with ketoconazole against Blastoschizomyces capitatus.
- Agastache rugosa leaf extract inhibits the iNOS expression in ROS 17/2.8 cells activated with TNF-alpha and IL-1betaHwa Min Oh
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 751, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 28:305-10. 2005..e., participating in osteoblast apoptosis in an arthritic joint. The components of Agastache rugosa are known to have many pharmacological activities...
- Protective Mechanisms of Acacetin against d-Galactosamine and Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Fulminant Hepatic Failure in MiceHong Ik Cho
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Nat Prod 77:2497-503. 2014This study examined the hepatoprotective effects of acacetin (1), a flavonoid isolated from Agastache rugosa, against d-galactosamine (GalN) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced fulminant hepatic failure...
- Tracheal relaxation of five medicinal plants used in Mexico for the treatment of several diseasesAmanda Sánchez-Recillas
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Avenida Universidad 1001, Col Chamilpa, Cuernavaca, Morelos 62209, Mexico
Asian Pac J Trop Med 7:179-83. 2014To assess the relaxant effect of several organic extracts obtained from Agastache mexicana (A. mexicana), Cochlospermum vitifolium (C. vitifolium), Cordia morelosana (C. morelosana), Lepechinia caulescens (L...
- Accumulation of tilianin and rosmarinic acid and expression of phenylpropanoid biosynthetic genes in Agastache rugosaPham Anh Tuan
Department of Crop Science, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung Dong, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 60:5945-51. 2012Korean mint (Agastache rugosa), a perennial, medicinal plant of the Labiatae family, has many useful constituents, including monoterpenes and phenylpropanoids...
- Central nervous system effects and chemical composition of two subspecies of Agastache mexicana; an ethnomedicine of MexicoRosa Estrada-Reyes
Laboratório de Fitofarmacologia, Dirección de Investigaciones en Neurociencias del Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Calzada Mexico Xochimilco 101, Sn Lorenzo Huipulco, Mexico, D F 14370, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 153:98-110. 2014b>Agastache mexicana subspecies mexicana (Amm) and xolocotziana (Amx) are used in Mexican traditional medicine to relief cultural affiliation syndromes known as "susto" or "espanto", for "nervous" condition, and as a sleep aid...
- Metabolomics analysis and biosynthesis of rosmarinic acid in Agastache rugosa Kuntze treated with methyl jasmonateYeon Bok Kim
Department of Crop Science, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e64199. 2013..of methyl jasmonate (MeJA) on metabolic profiles and rosmarinic acid (RA) biosynthesis in cell cultures of Agastache rugosa Kuntze. Transcript levels of phenylpropanoid biosynthetic genes, i.e...
- Anti-nociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of the Agastache mexicana extracts by using several experimental models in rodentsAdriana González-Ramírez
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV Sur, Calz De Tenorios No 235, Col Granjas Coapa, CP 14330, Mexico DF, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 142:700-5. 2012b>Agastache mexicana is a plant that has long been used in large demand in Mexican folk medicine to treat pain, among others affections. Nevertheless, no scientific data confirming its use have been reported...
- Dose-dependent antihypertensive determination and toxicological studies of tilianin isolated from Agastache mexicanaOswaldo Hernández-Abreu
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Av Universidad 1001 Col Chamilpa, 62209 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 146:187-91. 2013b>Agastache mexicana is used in Mexican traditional medicine for the treatment of hypertension, anxiety and related diseases.
- Agastinol and agastenol, novel lignans from Agastache rugosa and their evaluation in an apoptosis inhibition assayChoonghwan Lee
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, P O Box 115, Yusong, Taejon 305 600, Korea
J Nat Prod 65:414-6. 2002Investigation of the whole plant of Agastache rugosa resulted in the isolation of two new lignan compounds...
- Chemical composition and nematicidal activity of essential oil of Agastache rugosa against Meloidogyne incognitaHe Qin Li
Department of Entomology, China Agricultural University, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, China
Molecules 18:4170-80. 2013The aim of this research was to determine the chemical composition and nematicidal activity of essential oil of Agastache rugosa flowering aerial parts against the root knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita, and to isolate and identify ..
- Preference of a polyphagous mirid bug, Apolygus lucorum (Meyer-Dür) for flowering host plantsHongsheng Pan
State Key Laboratory for Biology of Plant Diseases and Insect Pests, Institute of Plant Protection, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e68980. 2013..g. Ricinus communis, Impatiens balsamina, Humulus scandens, Ocimum basilicum, Agastache rugosus and Coriandrum sativum); in early September, they largely migrated to flowering Artemisia spp. (e.g. A...
- GC-MS fingerprint of Pogostemon cablin in ChinaL F Hu
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau SAR, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 42:200-6. 2006..Hainan Province, which was called GuangHuoXiang to differentiate it from the HuoXiang of the north, the species Agastache rugosa, that it resembles. Essential oil of P...
- Spasmolytic and antinociceptive activities of ursolic acid and acacetin identified in Agastache mexicanaMaria Eva González-Trujano
Laboratorio de Neurofarmacología de Productos Naturales, Dirección de Investigaciones en Neurociencias del Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Calz Mexico Xochimilco 101, 14370 Mexico, D F Mexico
Planta Med 78:793-6. 2012b>Agastache mexicana is a plant in high demand that has long been used in Mexican folk medicine to treat anxiety, insomnia, and stomachache, among other afflictions...
- Ursolic acid from Agastache mexicana aerial parts produces antinociceptive activity involving TRPV1 receptors, cGMP and a serotonergic synergismJazmín Verano
Laboratorio de Neurofarmacología de Productos Naturales, Dirección de Investigaciones en Neurociencias del Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente Muñiz, Calz Mexico Xochimilco 101, Col Sn Lorenzo Huipulco, 14370 Mexico, D F, Mexico Sección de Estudios de Posgrado e Investigación, Escuela Superior de Medicina, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Col Santo Tomas, 11340 Mexico, D F, Mexico
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 110:255-64. 2013b>Agastache mexicana is a plant that has long been used in large demands in Mexican folk medicine to treat anxiety, insomnia and pain, among others affections. Chromatographic technique was used to identify ursolic acid (UA), 130...
- Active components of common traditional Chinese medicine decoctions have antioxidant functionsK J Guo
College of Animal Science and Technology, Beijing University of Agriculture, Beijing 102206, PR China
J Anim Sci 89:3107-15. 2011..According to TCM theory, Cortex Phellodendri (COP), Rhizoma Atractylodes (RA), Agastache Rugosa (AR), and Gypsum Fibrosum (GF) can be used to formulate a medicinal compound that prevents or cures ..
- Taguchi approach for anti-heat stress prescription compatibility in mice spleen lymphocytes in vitroXiao yu Zhu
TCVM Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, China
Arch Pharm Res 34:1125-33. 2011..The effects of four herbal extracts from Agastache rugosa, Atractylodes lancea, Cortex Phellodendri, and Gypsum Fibrosum on heat treated splenic lymphocytes were ..
- Pharmacological activity of (R)-(+)-pulegone, a chemical constituent of essential oilsDamiao P de Sousa
Department of Physiology, Federal University of Sergipe, CEP 49100 000, Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil
Z Naturforsch C 66:353-9. 2011..This compound is a major constituent of Agastache formosanum oil. In this study, the effect of (R)-(+)-pulegone on the central nervous system was evaluated...
- Validated liquid chromatographic method and analysis of content of tilianin on several extracts obtained from Agastache mexicana and its correlation with vasorelaxant effectOswaldo Hernández-Abreu
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Avenida Universidad 1001, Colonia Chamilpa, 62209 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 138:487-91. 2011To optimize the obtention of tilianin, an antihypertensive flavonoid isolated from Agastache mexicana (Lamiaceae), a medicinal plant used in Mexico for the treatment of hypertension...
- Survival of three commercially available natural enemies exposed to Michigan wildflowersNathaniel J Walton
Department of Entomology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Environ Entomol 40:1177-82. 2011..Lamiaceae), Solidago juncea Aiton (Asteraceae), and Daucus carota L. (Apiaceae). Agastache nepetoides (L.) Kuntze (Lamiaceae), Lobelia siphilitica L. (Campanulaceae), and Trifolium pratense L...
- [Analysis of essential oil in herbal pair Artemisia annua-Agastache rugosa by GC-MS and chemometric resolution method]Yun hai Xiong
School of Life Science and Technology, Chongqing University ofArts and Science, Chongqing 402168, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 44:1267-72. 2009..overall volume integration method were used to analyze the essential components of herbal pair Artemisia annua-Agastache rugosa (AA-AR) and compare it with that of single herbs AA and AR...
- Vasoactive and antioxidant activities of plants used in Mexican traditional medicine for the treatment of cardiovascular diseasesC Ibarra-Alvarado
Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Centro Universitario, 76010 Querétaro, Mexico
Pharm Biol 48:732-9. 2010..b>Agastache mexicana (Kunth) Lint & Epling (Labiatae), Chenopodium murale L...
- Agastache mexicana may produce anxiogenic-like actions in the male ratM Molina-Hernandez
Instituto de Investigaciones Psicologicas, Universidad Veracruzana, Mexico
Phytomedicine 7:199-203. 2000Behavioral effects of a water-soluble extract of Agastache mexicana, a plant with purported anxiolytic actions, were studied in male Wistar rats. In the elevated plus-maze test, various doses of the plant extract (3.0 mg/kg body wt.; 9...
- Molecular cloning, functional expression and characterization of d-limonene synthase from Agastache rugosaTakuro Maruyama
Department of Pharmacognosy, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 25:661-5. 2002We cloned the gene of d-limonene synthase (ArLMS) from Agastache rugosa (Labiatae). The function of ArLMS was elucidated by the preparation of recombinant protein and subsequent enzyme assay...
- [Effect of space flight on ultrastructure of chloroplast in Agastache rugosa]W Gao
Key Laboratory for the Development and Conservation of Chinese Materia Medica, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, CAMS and PUMC, Beijing 100094
Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao 21:478-82. 1999To substantiate the effects of space condition on medicinal plants, the seeds of Agastache rugosa were set up in retrievable satellites.
- [DNA sequencing and molecular identification of Patchouli and its substitute wrinkled gianthyssop]Ji Peng Luo
Guangdong College of Pharmacy, Guangzhou 510224, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:739-42. 2002..To analyze sequences of the nuclear ribosomal RNA small subunit (18S rRNA) gene and the chloroplast matK gene of crude drug Patchouli (Pogostemon cablin) in order to provide molecular evidence for identification of Patchouli drug...
- [Chemical composition of essential oil in stems, leaves and flowers of Agastache rugosa]D Yang
School of Life Sciences, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275
Zhong Yao Cai 23:149-51. 2000..components and their relative contents of essential oil in different parts (stems, leaves and flowers) of Agastache rugosa have been analyzed by GC-MS technique, and 32 kinds of chemical structures in these three kinds of oils ..
- [Anti-fungal test of composite agastache lotion on seven pathogenic fungi and its clinical application]Meng Na
Kaiyuan Municipal People s Hospital, Yunnan 661600
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 23:414-6. 2003..To study the effect of Chinese composite recipe in treating mycotic infection...
- Essential oil compounds from Agastache rugosa as antifungal agents against Trichophyton speciesSeungwon Shin
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul 132 714, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 27:295-9. 2004The antifungal activities of the essential oil from Agastache rugosa and its main component, estragole, combined with ketoconazole, one of the azole antibiotics commonly used to treat infections caused by Trichophyton species, were ..
- Anti-Candida effects of estragole in combination with ketoconazole or amphotericin BSeungwon Shin
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, Seoul, Korea
Phytother Res 18:827-30. 2004..Thus, we have shown the synergistic combination effects between estragole and ketoconazole, which may be effective combinations for the treatment of Candida infections...
- Protein kinase G-dependent heme oxygenase-1 induction by Agastache rugosa leaf extract protects RAW264.7 cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced injuryHwa Min Oh
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, South Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 103:229-35. 2006..Although components of Agastache rugosa showed antioxidant effect, it is unclear this effect is related with HO-1 activity...
- Attractiveness of Michigan native plants to arthropod natural enemies and herbivoresA K Fiedler
Department of Entomology, 204 Center for Integrated Plant Systems, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1311, USA
Environ Entomol 36:751-65. 2007..Silphium perfoliatum L., Potentilla fruticosa auct. non L., Coreopsis lanceolata L., Spiraea alba Duroi, Agastache nepetoides (L.) Kuntze, Anemone canadensis L., and Angelica atropurpurea L...
- [Textual research on history of introduction [corrected] and herbal medicine of Pogostemon cablin]You Gen Wu
Institute of Chinese Medicinal Materials, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:2114-7, 2181. 2007..To study the history of introduction and herbal medicine of Pogostemon cablin by textual researches and clarify the confusion in literatures...
- [Professor Ling Changquan's experience in treating primary liver cancer: an analysis of herbal medication]Zhen Sun
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:1221-5. 2008..Spatholobi and Chinese jujube for blood asthenia; Fructus Corni and Ophiopogon japonicus for yin deficiency; Agastache rugosa, Semen Plantaginis and Poria for water-dampness; cape jasmine fruit and baikal skullcap root for heat ..
- 4-Methoxycinnamaldehyde inhibited human respiratory syncytial virus in a human larynx carcinoma cell lineKuo Chih Wang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Phytomedicine 16:882-6. 20094-Methoxycinnamaldehyde, an active constituent of Agastache rugosa, was examined for its cytoprotective activity against RSV by XTT method in human larynx carcinoma cell line...
- Antihypertensive and vasorelaxant effects of tilianin isolated from Agastache mexicana are mediated by NO/cGMP pathway and potassium channel openingOswaldo Hernández-Abreu
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Autonoma del Estado de Morelos, Avenida Universidad 1001, Colonia Chamilpa, 62209 Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
Biochem Pharmacol 78:54-61. 2009Current investigation was undertaken to elucidate the mode of action of tilianin, isolated from Agastache mexicana, as a vasorelaxant agent on in vitro functional rat thoracic aorta test and to investigate the in vivo antihypertensive ..
- [Studies on characteristics of volatile oil and micro-identification between Herba Pogostemonis and Herba Agastachis rugosae]Jian Xia Mo
College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhong Yao Cai 32:1675-7. 2009..To compare the chemical components of Herba Pogostemonis and Herba Agastachis rugosae, and develop a new method for the identification of them...
- Molecular systematics of the nepetoideae (family Labiatae): phylogenetic implications from rbcL gene sequencesM Kaufmann
, , Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 49:635-45. 1994..A number of distinctive clades are apparent within the Nepetoideae: I-Collinsonia, II-Lavandula, III-Agastache, Glechoma, IV-Satureja, Hyssopus, Dracocephalum, V-Nepeta, VI-Hormium, VII-Prunella, VIII-Melissa, Ocimum, IX-..