Summary: A plant genus of the family CONVOLVULACEAE. The common name of morning glory also refers to IPOMOEA. The common name of bindweed also refers to IPOMOEA; CALYSTEGIA; or POLYGONUM.
- Phytoremediation of petroleum-polluted soils: application of Polygonum aviculare and its root-associated (penetrated) fungal strains for bioremediation of petroleum-polluted soilsFariba Mohsenzadeh
Department of Environmental Health Engineering, School of Public Health and Center for Environmental Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 73:613-9. 2010..Fabaceae), Amaranthus retroflexus L. var. retroflexus (Amaranthaceae), Convolvulus arvensis L. (Convolvulaceae), Chrozophora hierosolymitana Spreg. (Euphorbiaceae), Noea mucronata L...
- Biochemical and spectroscopic studies of the response of Convolvulus arvensis L. to chromium(III) and chromium(VI) stressMilka O Montes-Holguin
Chemistry Department, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, Texas 79968, USA
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:220-6. 2006..the oxidative stress caused by hexavalent chromium (Cr[VI]), the chromium (Cr) uptake, and the Cr speciation in Convolvulus arvensis L. plants grown in hydroponics media containing either Cr(VI) or Cr(III)...
- Evaluation of the antidepressant-like activity of Convolvulus pluricaulis choisy in the mouse forced swim and tail suspension testsDinesh Dhingra
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology Division, Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology, Hisar, India
Med Sci Monit 13:BR155-61. 2007This study investigates the effect of the petroleum ether, chloroform, and ethyl acetate fractions of the total ethanolic extract of Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy (Family: Convolvulaceae) on depression in mice.
- Allelopathic potential of Trifolium resupinatum and T. alexandrium on seed germination of four weed speciesFariba Maighany
Department of Weed Research, Plant Pests and Diseases Research Institute, P O Box 19395 1454, Tehran, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 10:1141-3. 2007Laboratory studies were conducted to determine the seed germination of Amaranthus retroflexus, Convolvulus arvensis, Secale cereale and Sinapis arvensis as affected by water-and methanol-soluble constituents of Persian and Berseem ..
- Neuroprotective role of Convolvulus pluricaulis on aluminium induced neurotoxicity in rat brainSyed Waseem Bihaqi
Dr B R Ambedkar Center for Biomedical Research, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
J Ethnopharmacol 124:409-15. 2009b>Convolvulus pluricaulis (Convolvulaceae) has long been used as traditional herbal medicine in India as nerve tonic...
- Convolvulus galaticus, Crocus antalyensis, and Lilium candidum extracts show their antitumor activity through induction of p53-mediated apoptosis on human breast cancer cell line MCF-7 cellsOnur Tokgun
Department of Medical Biology, School of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Kinikli, Denizli, Turkey
J Med Food 15:1000-5. 2012..Here we first report that Convolvulus galaticus, Crocus antalyensis, and Lilium candidum species have cytotoxic activity on human breast cancer cell ..
- Effect of Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy and Asparagus racemosus Willd on learning and memory in young and old mice: a comparative evaluationKomal Sharma
B N PG College of Pharmacy, Udaipur 313 001, India
Indian J Exp Biol 48:479-85. 2010..reacemosus and CA3 area with C. pluracaulis treatment. The underlying mechanism of these actions of A. racemosus and C. pluricaulis may be attributed to their antioxidant, neuroprotective and cholinergic properties...
- Identification and phenology of Hyalesthes obsoletus (Hemiptera: Auchenorrhyncha: Cixiidae) nymphal instarsE Cargnus
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, University of Udine, via delle Scienze 206, 33100 Udine, Italy
Bull Entomol Res 102:504-14. 2012Urtica dioica and Convolvulus arvensis are the main host plants of Hyalesthes obsoletus and play an important role in the epidemiology of Bois noir of grapevines...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of 5-enolpyruvylshikimate-3-phosphate synthase gene from Convolvulus arvensis LZhao Feng Huang
Institute of Plant Protection, Key Laboratory of Weed and Rodent Biology and Management, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, 100193, China
Mol Biol Rep 41:2077-84. 2014..The full-length cDNA of 1,751 nucleotides (CaEPSPS, Genbank accession number: EU698030) from Convolvulus arvensis was cloned and characterized...
- Stereochemistry of Consabatine from Convolvulus sabatius Viv. (Convolvulaceae)Sonja Christina Ott
Institut für Pharmazie Pharmazeutische Biologie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Konigin Luise Str 2 4, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Sci Pharm 81:247-50. 2013The stereochemistry of consabatine, which was isolated from the roots of Convolvulus sabatius Viv. as a novel natural compound, has now been determined by the synthesis of its Mosher esters. Consabatine was found to be 1'R-configurated.
- Metal-organic framework-199/graphite oxide hybrid composites coated solid-phase microextraction fibers coupled with gas chromatography for determination of organochlorine pesticides from complicated samplesSuling Zhang
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, China
Talanta 115:32-9. 2013..This method was successfully used for simultaneous determination of eight OCPs from river water, soil, water convolvulus and longan with satisfactory recoveries of 90.6-104.4%, 82.7-96.8%, 72.2-107.7% and 82.8-94.3%, respectively...
- Squash leaf curl virus (SLCV): a serious disease threatening cucurbits production in PalestineM S Ali-Shtayeh
Biodiversity and Biotechnology Research Unit, Biodiversity and Environmental Research Center BERC, Til, Nablus, Palestine
Virus Genes 48:320-8. 2014..SLCV was also found to occur naturally in Chenopodium murale, Convolvulus sp, and Prosporis farcta which showed yellowing...
- Perception of host plant volatiles in Hyalesthes obsoletus: behavior, morphology, and electrophysiologyPaola Riolo
Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie, Alimentari ed Ambientali, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Via Brecce Bianche, 60131 Ancona, Italy
J Chem Ecol 38:1017-30. 2012..The volatile organic compounds that elicited electrophysiological responses in male and female antennae were identified. These findings are discussed with respect to behavior of H. obsoletus males and females in the field...
- Clinical study of the Immunoglobululin Enhancing effect of "Bala compound" on InfantsRao R Appaji
Head of Dept Prasooti, Stree Roga and Bala roga, Dr N R S Govt Ay College, Vijayawada, India
Anc Sci Life 28:18-22. 2009..cordifolia Welld Miers), Pippali (Piperlongum linn), Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra Linn), Shankhapuspi (Convolvulus pluricaulis Chois ), Vacha (Acorus calamus Linn), Musta (Cyperus rotundus Linn) and Ativisha (Aconitum ..
- Cement dust pollution induces toxicity or deficiency of some essential elements in wild plants growing around a cement factorySalih Mutlu
Department of Biology, Erzincan University, Erzincan, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 29:474-80. 2013..varia, Anchusa leptophylla, Euphorbia orientalis, Lactuca serriola, Artemisia spicigera, Crambe orientalis, Convolvulus sepium and Senecio vernalis) using wavelength-dispersive spectrometer X-ray fluorescence technique...
- Wild buckwheat is unlikely to pose a risk to buckwheat-allergic individualsJulie A Nordlee
Food Allergy Research and Resource Program, Dept of Food Science and Technol, Univ of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE 68583 0919, USA
J Food Sci 76:T189-91. 2011..Wild buckwheat (Polygonum convolvulus, recently changed to Fallopia convolvulus) is an annual weed prevalent in grain-growing areas of the United ..
- Determination of the genotoxic effects of Convolvulus arvensis extracts on corn (Zea mays L.) seedsSerap Sunar
Department of Biology, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 29:449-59. 2013In this research, the methanolic extracts of Convolvulus arvensis were tested for genotoxic and inhibitor activity on the total soluble protein content and the genomic template stability against corn Zea mays L. seed...
- In vitro screening on amyloid precursor protein modulation of plants used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese medicine for memory improvementLiang Feng Liu
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
J Ethnopharmacol 141:754-60. 2012..The 15 herbs for the screening have been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine or in Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for the treatment of cognitive disorders clinically...
- Study of Convolvulus pluricaulis for antioxidant and anticonvulsant activitySristi Verma
Ram Eesh Institute of Vocational and Technical Education, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem 12:55-9. 2012b>Convolvulus pluricaulis Choisy is a perennial wild herb commonly found on sandy & rocky areas under xerophytic conditions in northern India...
- 'Candidatus Phytoplasma convolvuli', a new phytoplasma taxon associated with bindweed yellows in four European countriesMarta Martini
Department of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, University of Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 62:2910-5. 2012Plants of Convolvulus arvensis exhibiting symptoms of undersized leaves, shoot proliferation and yellowing, collectively defined as bindweed yellows, were sampled in different regions of Europe and assessed for phytoplasma infection by ..
- Effect of fertilization on the weediness of maize in a long-term field experimentA Kismányoky
Georgikon Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Pannon University P O Box 71, H 8360 Keszthely, Hungary
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:787-92. 2006..Polygonum lapathifolium, Xantium strumarium, Veronica hederi-folia, and 3 perennial: Cirsium arvense, Convolvulus arvensis, Lathyrus tuberosus. On the NPK plots the Ch. album, on NPK + FYM treatments the A...
- Antioxidant compounds from Algerian Convolvulus tricolor (Convolvulaceae) seed husksNassira Kacem
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, University Mentouri Constantine, Algeria
Nat Prod Commun 7:873-4. 2012Seed husk extracts of Convolvulus tricolor L...
- Heavy metals and arsenic uptake by wild vegetation in the Guadiamar river area after the toxic spill of the Aznalcóllar mineMercedes del Rio
Instituto de Agricultura Sostenible IAS CSIC, Alameda del Obispo s n, E 14080, Cordoba, Spain
J Biotechnol 98:125-37. 2002..Among the 99 different plant species studied, Anchusa azurea, Beta vulgaris, Chamaemelum fuscatum, Convolvulus arvensis, Cynodon dactylon, Diplotaxis virgata, Erodium aethiopicum, Lavatera cretica, Malva nicaeensis, ..
- Comparative study on the free flavonoid aglycones in herbs of different species of Polygonum LHelena D Smolarz
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Medical University, Lublin Poland
Acta Pol Pharm 59:145-8. 2002..lapathifolium ssp. nodosum (Pers.) Dans, P. amphibium L., P. mite Schrank, P. conolvulus L. (Bilderdykia convolvulus L.) by means of the RP-HPLC method...
- Survival of weed seeds and animal parasites as affected by anaerobic digestion at meso- and thermophilic conditionsAnders Johansen
Department of Environmental Science, Aarhus University, Roskilde, Denmark
Waste Manag 33:807-12. 2013..Sinapsis arvensis, Solidago canadensis had completely lost germination ability, while Brassica napus, Fallopia convolvulus and Amzinckia micrantha still maintained low levels (~1%) of germination ability after 1 week...
- New, rare and remarkable records of microfungi from the Slovakian RepublicG B Feige
Universität Duisburg Essen Standort Essen, FB Biologie Geographie Allgemeine Botanik Universitätsstr 5, D 45117 Essen, Germany
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 70:269-80. 2005..Puccinia polygoni ALB. & SCHW. and Puccinia polygoni-amphibii PERS. on Bilderdykia convolvulus (L.) Du Mont.; Ramularia chamaenerii Rostr. and Mycosphaerella chamaenerii Saville on Epilobium angustifolium L...
- 2,3-cis-2R,3R-(-)-epiafzelechin-3-O-p-coumarate, a novel flavan-3-ol isolated from Fallopia convolvulus seed, is an estrogen receptor agonist in human cell linesJennifer C Brennan
Department of Environmental Toxicology, University of California, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:133. 2013..Although phytoestrogen content has been analyzed in the rhizomes of various Fallopia sp., seeds of a Fallopia sp. have never been examined for phytoestrogen presence...
- Antioxidant markers based TLC-DPPH differentiation on four commercialized botanical sources of Shankhpushpi (A Medhya Rasayana): A preliminary assessmentNeeraj K Sethiya
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Technology and Engineering, Kalabhavan, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
J Adv Pharm Technol Res 4:25-30. 2013Shankhpushpi is a cognition boosting traditional ayurvedic brain supplement. Convolvulus pluricaulis (Convolvulaceae), Evolvulus alsinoides (Convolvulaceae), Clitoria ternatea (Papilionaceae), and Canscora decussata (Gentianaceae) are ..
- Absorption and metabolism of bisphenol A, a possible endocrine disruptor, in the aquatic edible plant, water convolvulus (Ipomoea aquatica)Imadeddin M Noureddin
Department of Biochemistry and Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1398-402. 2004Water convolvulus, a vegetable, absorbed bisphenol A (BPA), an endocrine disruptor, from the medium. One week later, no BPA could be detected in the plant, indicating that BPA had been metabolized in the plant...
- Health risk assessment and multivariate apportionment of trace metals in wild leafy vegetables from Lesser Himalayas, PakistanArshad Mehmood Abbasi
Department of Plant Sciences, Quaid i Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 92:237-44. 2013..Nevertheless, maximum concentrations of Mn and Pb were found in Convolvulus arvensis and Amaranthus viridis, respectively...
- Spectroscopic determination of the toxicity, absorption, reduction, and translocation of Cr(VI) in two Magnoliopsida speciesMilka O Montes
Chemistry Department, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, Texas, USA
Int J Phytoremediation 15:168-87. 2013..In this work, the physiological response of Convolvulus arvensis and Medicago truncatula plants to Cr(VI) treatments was compared. C...
- Local host adaptation and use of a novel host in the seed beetle Megacerus eulophusGisela C Stotz
Departamento de Botanica, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
PLoS ONE 8:e53892. 2013..of the seed beetle Megacerus eulophus (Coleoptera: Bruchidae) in central Chile: a population from the host Convolvulus chilensis (in Aucó) and a population from C. bonariensis (in Algarrobo). In Aucó C...
- Vitex agnus-castus is a preferred host plant for Hyalesthes obsoletusRakefet Sharon
Northern Research and Development, Kiryat Sh mona, Israel
J Chem Ecol 31:1051-63. 2005..Using a Y-olfactometer, we compared the planthoppers relative preference for V. agnus-castus, Convolvulus arvensis, and V. vinifera. V. agnus-castus was more attractive to both male and female H...
- Supplementation of Convolvulus pluricaulis attenuates scopolamine-induced increased tau and amyloid precursor protein (AβPP) expression in rat brainSyed Waseem Bihaqi
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, RI, USA
Indian J Pharmacol 44:593-8. 2012..The present study investigated the potential of Convolvulus pluricaulis (CP) to attenuate scopolamine (2 mg/kg, i...
- Customized cooking method improves total antioxidant activity in selected vegetablesZhi Xiang Ng
Department of Molecular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Int J Food Sci Nutr 62:158-63. 2011..and antioxidant activities in Chinese long bean (Vigna unguiculata), bitter gourd (Momordica charantia), water convolvulus (Ipomoea aquatica) and broccoli (Brassica olearacea) prior to and after subjecting to boiling, microwaving and ..
- Favorable fragmentation: river reservoirs can impede downstream expansion of riparian weedsStewart B Rood
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 3M4, Canada
Ecol Appl 20:1664-77. 2010..plants, with Canada thistle (Cirsium arvense) restricted to the upstream reaches, where field morning glory (Convolvulus arvensis) was also more common. In contrast, St...
- Three new flavonoids from the active extract of Fallopia convolvulusChao Feng Zhang
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines, Ministry of Education, Research Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 13:136-42. 2011Five solvent extracts (ethanol, petroleum ether, EtOAC, n-butanol, and water) from Fallopia convolvulus (L...
- Antioxidant activity of Convolvulus hystrix Vahl and its chemical constituentsAbd El Raheim Mohammed Donia
Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Department, Desert Research Center, Cairo, Egypt
Pak J Pharm Sci 24:143-7. 2011....
- Determination of fungal pathogens of common weed species in the vicinity of Tokat, TurkeyI Kadioglu
Department of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture Gaziosmanpasa University, Tokat, Turkey
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 75:97-105. 2010..This study was carried out to determine the fungal pathogens on Chenopodium album L., Cirsium arvense (L.) Scop., Convolvulus arvensis L., Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers., Delphinium consolida L., Portulaca oleracea L., Rumex crispus L...
- Nootropic, anxiolytic and CNS-depressant studies on different plant sources of shankhpushpiJai Malik
Department of Herbal Drug Research, ISF College of Pharmacy, Moga, Punjab, India
Pharm Biol 49:1234-42. 2011..Plants commonly used under the name shankhpushpi are: Convolvulus pluricaulis Chois., Evolvulus alsinoides Linn., both from Convolvulaceae, and Clitoria ternatea Linn...
- Ethnobotany of food plants in the high river Ter valley (Pyrenees, Catalonia, Iberian Peninsula): non-crop food vascular plants and crop food plants with medicinal propertiesMontse Rigat
Laboratori de Botànica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Ecol Food Nutr 48:303-26. 2009..Some of them, such as Achillea ptarmica subsp. pyrenaica, Convolvulus arvensis, Leontodon hispidus, Molopospermum peloponnesiacum and Taraxacum dissectum, have not been previously ..
- In vivo investigation of the neuroprotective property of Convolvulus pluricaulis in scopolamine-induced cognitive impairments in Wistar ratsSyed Waseem Bihaqi
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Rhode Island, RI 02881, USA
Indian J Pharmacol 43:520-5. 2011To investigate the neuroprotective effect of Convolvulus pluricaulis aqueous extract (AE) against scopolamine (1 mg/kg body weight (bwt))-induced neurotoxicity in the cerebral cortex of male Wistar rats.
- Comparative pharmacognostical investigation on four ethanobotanicals traditionally used as Shankhpushpi in IndiaNeeraj K Sethiya
Department of Pharmacy, Herbal Drug Technology Laboratory, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, GH Patel Pharmacy Building, Donor s Plaza, Fatehgunj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
J Adv Pharm Technol Res 1:388-95. 2010People in Indian region often apply Shankhpushpi and other Sanskrit-based common name to Evolvulus alsinoides, Convolvulus pluricaulis, Canscora decussata, and Clitorea ternatea...
- Antidiarrhoeal activity of some Egyptian medicinal plant extractsAttia H Atta
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza 12211, Egypt
J Ethnopharmacol 92:303-9. 2004..a significant antidiarrhoeal effect against castor oil-induced diarrhoea, while Mentha microphylla (MM), Convolvulus arvensis (CA), Conyza linifolia (CL) produced no significant effect...
- [Chemical constituents from aerial parts of Fallopia convolvulus]Jing Chen
Department of Phamacognosy, China Phannaceutical University, Nanjing 211198, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 35:3165-7. 2010To investigate the chemical constituents in the herbs of Fallopia convolvulus.
- Potential medicinal plants for CNS disorders: an overviewVikas Kumar
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University, Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
Phytother Res 20:1023-35. 2006..been made to review the most important medicinal plants, including Ginkgo biloba, St John's wort, Kava-kava, Valerian, Bacopa monniera and Convolvulus pluricaulis, which are widely used for their reputed effectiveness in CNS disorders.
- Vegetative reproduction and chemical control with post-emergent herbicides of field bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis L.)V Gyenes
University of Veszprem, Georgikon Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 70:481-7. 2005It is clearly seen from data that roots of Convolvulus arvensis L. have more and less intensive regenerative period during growing season...
- Inhibition of T3 production in levothyroxine-treated female mice by the root extract of Convolvulus pluricaulisS Panda
School of Life Sciences, D. A. University, Indore, India
Horm Metab Res 33:16-8. 2001An investigation was made to evaluate the role of Convolvulus pluricaulis root extract in the regulation of hyperthyroidism in female mice. Its possible site of action was also studied...
- Effect of a copper gradient on plant community structureBeate Strandberg
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Terrestrial Ecology, P O Box 314, DK 8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Environ Toxicol Chem 25:743-53. 2006..Comparison of single-species (Black Bindweed, Fallopia convolvulus) performance at the field site and in laboratory tests involving field soil and spiked soil indicates that the ..
- Evaluation of some medicinal plant extracts for antidiarrhoeal activityAttia H Atta
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza 12211, Egypt
Phytother Res 19:481-5. 2005..EP), Bidens bipinnata L. (BB), Cynachum acutum L. (CyAc), Diplotaxis acris (Forssk.) Boiss (DA), Convolvulus fatmensis (CF) and Schouwia thebaica Webb (ST) and the leaves of Plantago major L...
- Leaf damage induces twining in a climbing plantErnesto Gianoli
Departamento de Botanica, Universidad de Concepcion, Casilla 160 C, Concepcion, Chile
New Phytol 167:385-9. 2005..We assessed field herbivory in climbing and prostrate ramets of the twining vine Convolvulus arvensis...
- Herbicide-resistant crops and weed resistance to herbicidesMicheal D K Owen
Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1011, USA
Pest Manag Sci 61:301-11. 2005..dayflower (Commelina cumminus L) common lambsquarters (Chenopodium album L) and wild buckwheat (Polygonum convolvulus L) are reported to be increasing in prominence in some agroecosystems due to the simple and significant ..
- The antinociceptive effect of some Egyptian medicinal plant extractsA H Atta
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Giza 12211, Egypt
J Ethnopharmacol 95:235-8. 2004..Oral administration of 400 mg kg(-1) methanolic extracts of Convolvulus fatmensis, Alhagi maurorum, Plantago major seeds, Conyza dioscaridis significantly (P < 0...
- Bioaccumulation of cadmium, chromium and copper by Convolvulus arvensis L.: impact on plant growth and uptake of nutritional elementsJ L Gardea-Torresdey
Environmental Science and Engineering Ph D Program, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
Bioresour Technol 92:229-35. 2004..In this study, the potential accumulation of Convolvulus arvensis L. for Cd(II), Cr(VI), and Cu(II) was determined using an agar-based medium. The shoots of C...
- Phenolic antioxidants attenuate hippocampal neuronal cell damage against kainic acid induced excitotoxicityM S Parihar
Biochemistry Division, Faculty of Life Science, School of Studies in Zoology, Vikram University, Ujjain 456 010, India
J Biosci 28:121-8. 2003..Dried ethanolic plant extracts of Withania somnifera (WS), Convolvulus pleuricauas (CP) and Aloe vera (AV) dissolved in distilled water were tested for their total antioxidant ..
- Effects of a high molecular mass Convolvulus arvensis extract on tumor growth and angiogenesisXiao Long Meng
Bio Communications Research Institute, Center for the Improvement of Human Functioning, 3100 North Hillside Avenue, Wichita, KS 67219, USA
P R Health Sci J 21:323-8. 2002Plant materials represent promising sources of anti-cancer agents. We developed and tested a novel extract from the ubiquitous plant Convolvulus arvensis.
- Evaluation of the growth response of six invasive species to past, present and future atmospheric carbon dioxideLewis H Ziska
USDA ARS Alternate Crop and Systems Laboratory, Beltsville Agricultural Center, Bldg 001, Room 342, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
J Exp Bot 54:395-404. 2003..Scop.), field bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis L.), leafy spurge (Euphorbia esula L.), perennial sowthistle (Sonchus arvensis L...
- Efficacy of Phomopsis convolvulus as a mycoherbicide for Convolvulus arvensisW El-Sayed
Department of Weed Science, Institute of Phytomedicine, University of Hohenheim, D 70593 Stuttgart, Germany
Meded Rijksuniv Gent Fak Landbouwkd Toegep Biol Wet 66:775-89. 2001The purpose of the investigations was to determine the efficacy of different conidia concentrations of Phomopsis convolvulus Ormeno on different leaf stages of Convolvulus arvensis seedlings and regrowth potential of C...
- Elsinochrome A production by the bindweed biocontrol fungus Stagonospora convolvuli LA39 does not pose a risk to the environment or the consumer of treated cropsDésirée Boss
Plant Pathology, Institute of Integrative Biology, Zurich, Switzerland
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 59:194-205. 2007..We conclude that the production of ELA by biocontrol strain LA39 does not pose a risk to the environment or to the consumer...
- Interactive effects of leaf damage, light intensity and support availability on chemical defenses and morphology of a twining vineErnesto Gianoli
Departamento de Botanica, Universidad de Concepcion, Casilla 160 C, Concepcion, Chile
J Chem Ecol 33:95-103. 2007..and support availability on the induction of tropane alkaloids (TAs) after leaf damage in the twining vine Convolvulus arvensis...
- Extensive conserved synteny of genes between the karyotypes of Manduca sexta and Bombyx mori revealed by BAC-FISH mappingYuji Yasukochi
Insect Genome Research Unit, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e7465. 2009....
- Characterization of Bois noir isolates by restriction fragment length polymorphism of a Stolbur-specific putative membrane protein geneD Pacifico
Istituto di Virologia Vegetale, CNR, Strada delle Cacce, 73, I 10135 Torino, Italy
Phytopathology 99:711-5. 2009..obsoletus collected on this species. Four Italian-specific profiles were represented among infected Convolvulus arvensis, the most frequent of which (V12) was also detected in H. obsoletus collected on this species...
- Reproduction of Pratylenchus penetrans on 24 Common Weeds in Potato Fields in QuébecG Belair
Horticulture Research and Development Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, St Jean sur Richelieu, Quebec, J3B 3E6, Canada
J Nematol 39:321-6. 2007..pumila, S. viridis, Polygonum convolvulus, P. scabrum and P. persicaria were intermediate hosts with Pf/Pi values ranging from 0.33 to 2.01...
- Degradation of fuel oil in salt marsh soils affected by the Prestige oil spillFlora A Vega
Departamento de Biología Vegetal y Ciencia del Suelo, Lagoas, Marcosende, Universidad de Vigo, 36310 Vigo, Pontevedra, Spain
J Hazard Mater 166:1020-9. 2009..We additionally assessed the phytoremediation potential of Lolium perenne, L., Convolvulus arvensis L. and Raphanus raphanistrum L...
- A member of a new Tospovirus species isolated in Italy from wild buckwheat (Polygonum convolvulus)M Ciuffo
Istituto di Virologia Vegetale, Sez di Torino, CNR, Strada delle Cacce 73, 10135, Turin, Italy
Arch Virol 153:2059-68. 2008Electron microscopy of extracts from diseased Polygonum convolvulus plants from Piedmont (Italy) revealed particles with the morphological features of a tospovirus...
- Neuronutrient impact of Ayurvedic Rasayana therapy in brain agingRam Harsh Singh
Department of Kayachikitsa, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005, India
Biogerontology 9:369-74. 2008..The popular Medhya Rasayanas are Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera Dunal), Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri Linn), Mandukaparni (Centella asiatica Linn) and Sankhapuspi (Convolvulus pluricaulis Chois).
- Tropane and pyrrolidine alkaloids from Convolvulus lanatus VahlAssem El-Shazly
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig 44519, Egypt
Z Naturforsch C 63:321-5. 2008The alkaloid composition of Convolvulus lanatus was investigated by GLC and GLC-MS. Altogether, thirteen tropane and pyrrolidine alkaloids were identified on the basis of mass spectral data and/or Kovats retention indices...
- Transgenic mimicry of pathogen attack stimulates growth and secondary metabolite accumulationKuntal Chaudhuri
Department of Botany, University of Calcutta, Calcutta, 700019, India
Transgenic Res 18:121-34. 2009..and biomass production in transformed root cultures of the medicinal plant, Withania somnifera, and the weed, Convolvulus sepium...
- Analysis of the sugar-binding specificity of mannose-binding-type Jacalin-related lectins by frontal affinity chromatography--an approach to functional classificationSachiko Nakamura-Tsuruta
Lectin Application and Analysis Team, Research Center for Medical Glycoscience, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Tsukuba Central 2, 1 1 1 Umezono, Ibaraki, Tsukuba, Japan
FEBS J 275:1227-39. 2008..sepium (hedge bindweed, Convolvulaceae), CCA from Castanea crenata (Japanese chestnut, Fagaceae), Conarva from Convolvulus arvensis (bindweed, Convolvulaceae), CRLL from Cycas revoluta (King Sago palm tree, Cycadaceae), Heltuba from ..
- ISSR fingerprinting for the assessment of the bindweed biocontrol agent Stagonospora convolvuli LA39 after field releaseDésirée Boss
Plant Pathology, Institute of Integrative Biology, ETH Zurich, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Lett Appl Microbiol 45:244-51. 2007..To develop a molecular identification method based on ISSR fingerprints to monitor the fungal leaf pathogen Stagonospora convolvuli LA39 used to biologically control bindweeds after a field release...
- Crop-weed competition between sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) and Convolvulus arvensis L. in substitutive experimentsG Kazinczi
Virological Group, Pannon University, Georgikon Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Institute for Plant Protection, Keszthely, Hungary
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:781-6. 2006..In our experiments early competition between sunflower and field bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis) was studied in a replacement studies under glasshouse conditions...
- Tillage and residue burning affects weed populations and seed banksS Narwal
School of Rural Science and Agriculture, The University of New England, Cooperative Research Centre for Australian Weed Management, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:715-23. 2006..and Phalaris paradoxa later in the season in 2004 and Convolvulus erubescens emerged as a new weed in 2005...
- Performance of potential non-crop or wild species under OECD 208 testing guideline study conditions for terrestrial non-target plantsKen Pallett
Bayer CropScience Ltd, 230 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WB, UK
Pest Manag Sci 63:134-40. 2007..These species were Abutilon theophrasti (L.) Medic., Avena fatua L., Fallopia convolvulus (L.) Adans., Galium aparine L., Ipomoea hederacea (L.) Jacq. and Veronica persica Poir. Only I...
- Relationships between sulfonylurea herbicide treatment of host plants and the performance of herbivorous insectsC Kjaer
National Environmental Research Institute, Department of Terrestrial Ecology, PO Box 314, Vejlsøvej 25, DK 8600, Silkeborg, Denmark
Pest Manag Sci 57:1161-6. 2001..The species pairs tested were Pieris brassicae/Brassica napus, Gastrophysa polygoni/Fallopia convolvulus and Sitobium avenae/Triticum aestivium...