Summary: A plant genus of the family CAPPARACEAE that contains cleogynol and 15alpha-acetoxycleomblynol (dammaranes) and 1-epibrachyacarpone (a triterpene), and ISOTHIOCYANATES.
- Paleopolyploidy in the brassicales: analyses of the cleome transcriptome elucidate the history of genome duplications in Arabidopsis and other brassicalesMichael S Barker
Department of Botany and The Biodiversity Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Genome Biol Evol 2009:391-9. 2009..Analysis of these Cleome data with homologous sequences from other Rosid genomes (Arabidopsis, Carica, Gossypium, Populus, and Vitis) ..
- Evaluation of antipyretic potential of Cleome viscosa Linn. (Capparidaceae) extract in ratsB Parimala Devi
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta 700032, India
J Ethnopharmacol 87:11-3. 2003The antipyretic activity of a methanol extract of Cleome viscosa Linn. (CVME) was investigated for its potential on normal body temperature and yeast-induced pyrexia in albino rats. The CVME, at doses of 200, 300, and 400mg/kg BW p.o...
- Analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activities of the ethanolic extract and its fractions of Cleome rutidospermaAnindya Bose
Institute of Pharmacy and Technology, Salipur, Cuttack District, Orissa 754 202, India
Fitoterapia 78:515-20. 2007..o) and its fractions (200 mg/kg each) of the aerial parts of Cleome rutidosperma produced significant analgesic activity in acetic acid-induced writhing and tail immersion tests, ..
- Evaluation of anticancer activity of Cleome gynandra on Ehrlich's Ascites Carcinoma treated miceAsis Bala
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Jadavpur University, Raja S C Mullik Road, Kolkata 700032, West Bengal, India
J Ethnopharmacol 129:131-4. 2010The plant Cleome gynandra L. (Capparidaceae), is commonly known as 'Hurhur'and 'Karaila' in India and 'Cat's whiskers' in English...
- Cleome viscosa (wild mustard): a review on ethnobotany, phytochemistry, and pharmacologyRavindra G Mali
Department of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, L B Rao Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Kambhat, Gujarat
Pharm Biol 48:105-12. 2010b>Cleome viscosa Linn. (Capparidaceae), commonly known as "wild or dog mustard," is an annual, sticky herb found as a common weed all over the plains of India and throughout the tropics of the world...
- Cleome, a genus closely related to Arabidopsis, contains species spanning a developmental progression from C(3) to C(4) photosynthesisDiana M Marshall
Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Plant J 51:886-96. 2007..We show that Cleome, a genus closely related to Arabidopsis, contains species spanning a developmental progression from C(3) to C(4) ..
- Studies on analgesic activity of Cleome viscosa in miceB Parimaladevi
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta 700032, India
Fitoterapia 74:262-6. 2003The analgesic activity of methanol extract of Cleome viscosa, given orally at the doses of 100, 200, 400 mg/kg was evaluated for its analgesic activity in mice using the acetic acid-induced writhing and the tail flick, tail clip, tail ..
- Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of Cleome viscosa and Gmelina asiaticaM Sudhakar
Shri Vishnu College of Pharmacy, Vishnupur, Bhimavaram, 534 202 A P, India
Fitoterapia 77:47-9. 2006The ethanolic extracts of the leaves and flowers of Cleome viscosa and roots of Gmelina asiatica were tested for antimicrobial activity...
- Free radical scavenging activity of Cleome gynandra L. leaves on adjuvant induced arthritis in ratsR T Narendhirakannan
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai, India
Mol Cell Biochem 276:71-80. 2005..The present study was aimed to investigate the possible anti-oxidant potential of Cleome gynandra leaf extract at a dose of 150 mg/kg body weight for 30 days on adjuvant induced arthritis in experimental ..
- Studies on psychopharmacological effects of Cleome viscosa Linn. extract in rats and miceB Parimala Devi
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
Phytother Res 18:169-72. 2004Methanol extract of the entire plant Cleome viscosa Linn...
- The future of C4 research--maize, Flaveria or Cleome?Naomi J Brown
Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK CB2 3EA
Trends Plant Sci 10:215-21. 2005..We propose that Cleome, the most closely related genus containing C4 species to the C3 model Arabidopsis, be used together with ..
- Production of two volatile glucosinolate hydrolysis compounds in Nasturtium montanum and Cleome chelidonii plant cell culturesT Songsak
School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Fitoterapia 75:296-301. 2004Callus and suspension cultures established from Nasturtium montanum and Cleome chelidonii were shown to produce glucosinolates by analysis of their hydrolysis products...
- New cembranes from Cleome spinosaDwight O Collins
Department of Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica, West Indies
J Nat Prod 67:179-83. 2004Examination of the aerial portions of Cleome spinosa yielded five new cembranes, named cleospinols A (1), B (3), C (4), and D (5), and the 3'-hydroxy-iso-pentan-10-oate ester of cleospinol A (2)...
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation of Cleome gynandra L., a C(4) dicotyledon that is closely related to Arabidopsis thalianaChristine A Newell
Department of Plant Sciences, Downing Street, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
J Exp Bot 61:1311-9. 2010..to C(4) species, an Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation protocol was developed for the C(4) species Cleome gynandra. A...
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils from Cleome spinosaMegil J McNeil
Department of Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Nat Prod Commun 5:1301-6. 2010Five different essential oil extractions of the aerial parts of Cleome spinosa Jacq. were examined...
- Evaluation of hepatoprotective activity of Cleome viscosa Linn. extractNishant Kumar Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dr H S Gour Vishwavidyalaya, Sagar, MP, India
Indian J Pharmacol 41:36-40. 2009To evaluate the hepatoprotective activity of ethanolic extract of Cleome viscosa Linn. (Capparidaceae) against carbon tetrachloride (CCI(4)) induced hepatotoxicity in experimental animal models.
- Isolation and characterization of a new steroid derivative as a powerful antioxidant from Cleome arabica in screening the in vitro antioxidant capacity of 18 Algerian medicinal plantsAmar Djeridane
Laboratoire des Sciences Fondamentales, Université Amar Telidji, Laghouat, BP37G Laghouat, Algeria
Food Chem Toxicol 48:2599-606. 2010..The phenolic extract of Cleome arabica (Capparaceae) was found to be the most active one...
- The first DNA 1-like alpha satellites in association with New World begomoviruses in natural infectionsT Paprotka
Biologisches Institut, Abteilung für Molekularbiologie und Virologie der Pflanzen, Universitat Stuttgart, Pfaffenwaldring 57, D 70550 Stuttgart, Germany
Virology 404:148-57. 2010..After coinoculation with their helper begomoviruses (Euphorbia mosaic virus, EuMV or Cleome leaf crumple virus, ClLCrV) the satellite DNAs were transmitted to experimental and natural host plants...
- An mRNA blueprint for C4 photosynthesis derived from comparative transcriptomics of closely related C3 and C4 speciesAndrea Bräutigam
Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Plant Physiol 155:142-56. 2011..candidates associated with the C(4) pathway, we used massively parallel mRNA sequencing of closely related C(3) (Cleome spinosa) and C(4) (Cleome gynandra) species...
- Effect of Cleome arabica leaf extract treated by naringinase on human neutrophil chemotaxisHamama Bouriche
Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Ferhat ABBAS, 19000, Setif, Algeria
Nat Prod Commun 5:415-8. 2010The leaves of Cleome arabica L. (Capparaceae), which contain a number of glucosylated and rhamnosylated flavonols, possess anti-inflammatory activity and are used for the treatment of abdominal and rheumatic pains...
- Insecticidal activity of three plants extracts on the cowpea pod sucking bug, Clavigralla tomentosicollis, STAL (Hemiptera: Coreidae)N M Ba
Institut de l Environnement et de Recherches Agricoles, Laboratoire d Entomologie Agricole de Kamboinse, Burkina Faso
Pak J Biol Sci 12:1320-4. 2009..Cymbopogon schoenanthus S. and Cleome viscosa L...
- Biochemical and immunological studies on eight pollen types from South Assam, IndiaDhruba Sharma
Department of Forestry, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 8:185-92. 2009..Out of them, eight pollen types viz., Acacia auriculiformis, Amaranthus spinosus, Cassia alata, Cleome gynandra, Cocos nucifera, Imperata cylindrica, Ricinus communis and Trewia nudiflora, were selected for ..
- Terpenes and flavonoids from an Egyptian collection of Cleome droserifoliaMohamed I Aboushoer
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Alexandria University, Alexandria 21215, Egypt
Nat Prod Res 24:687-96. 2010Four new sesquiterpene derivatives have been isolated from the aerial parts of Cleome droserifolia...
- Development of QSAR model for immunomodulatory activity of natural coumarinolignoidsDharmendra K Yadav
Metabolic and Structural Biology Department, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, PO CIMAP, Lucknow, India
Drug Des Devel Ther 4:173-86. 2010..Natural coumarinolignoids isolated from the seeds of Cleome viscose have been recognized as having hepatoprotective action and have recently been tested preclinically for ..
- A comparative study of the anthelmintic potential of cleome viscosa L. And cleome burmanni w. And aLakshmi S Pillai
Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695 581, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 73:98-100. 2011Methanol, aqueous and chloroform extracts of Cleome viscosa and Cleome burmanni were tested for anthelmintic potential against the Indian earthworm Pheritima posthuma...
- Comparison of ROS formation and antioxidant enzymes in Cleome gynandra (C₄) and Cleome spinosa (C₃) under drought stressB Uzilday
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Ege University, Bornova, 35100 Izmir, Turkey
Plant Sci 182:59-70. 2012..glutathione reductase (GR) enzymes and their isoenzymes), CAT1 mRNA level, and lipid peroxidation in seedlings of Cleome spinosa (C(3)) and Cleome gynandra (C(4)) species of Cleome genus exposed to drought stress for 5 and 10 day (d) ..
- High genetic variability and recombination in a begomovirus population infecting the ubiquitous weed Cleome affinis in northeastern BrazilSarah J C da Silva
Departamento de Fitopatologia BIOAGRO, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Arch Virol 156:2205-13. 2011..b>Cleome affinis (family Capparaceae) is an annual weed that is frequently associated with leguminous crops in Brazil...
- Hepatoprotective Effects and Safety Evaluation of Coumarinolignoids Isolated from Cleome viscosa SeedsN P Yadav
Molecular Bioprospection, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, P O CIMAP, Lucknow 226 015, India
Indian J Pharm Sci 72:759-65. 2010....
- Determination of bioactive markers in Cleome droserifolia using cell-based bioassays for antidiabetic activity and isolation of two novel active compoundsA Abdel Motaal
Pharmacognosy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Kasr El Ainy St, Cairo 11562, Egypt a
Phytomedicine 19:38-41. 2011The antidiabetic activities of the aqueous (AqEx) and ethanolic (AlEx) extracts of Cleome droserifolia (Forssk.) Del., were tested in cultured C2C12 skeletal muscle cells and 3T3-L1 adipocytes...
- A plastidial sodium-dependent pyruvate transporterTsuyoshi Furumoto
Graduate School of Science, Hiroshima University, 1 3 1, Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, 739 8526, Japan
Nature 476:472-5. 2011..Using differential transcriptome analyses of C(3) and C(4) plants of the genera Flaveria and Cleome, here we have identified a novel gene that is abundant in C(4) species, named BASS2 (BILE ACID:SODIUM SYMPORTER ..
- A new alkaloid and a new diterpene from Cleome paradoxa B.Br. (Cleomaceae)Azza R Abdel-Monem
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo 11562, Egypt
Nat Prod Res 26:264-9. 2012..cembranoid diterpene, paradoxenoic acid, were isolated from the chloroformic fraction of the methanolic extract of Cleome paradoxa B.Br...
- In silico exploration of anti-inflammatory activity of natural coumarinolignoidsAbha Meena
Metabolic and Structural Biology Department, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Lucknow 226015, India
Chem Biol Drug Des 78:567-79. 2011Natural coumarinolignoids isolated from the seeds of Cleome viscosa consist of a racemic mixture of cleomiscosins A, B and C...
- Independent and parallel recruitment of preexisting mechanisms underlying C₄ photosynthesisNaomi J Brown
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Science 331:1436-9. 2011..We conclude that these conserved functional genetic elements likely facilitated the repeated evolution of C₄ photosynthesis...
- Critical assessment of assembly strategies for non-model species mRNA-Seq data and application of next-generation sequencing to the comparison of C(3) and C(4) speciesAndrea Bräutigam
Plant Biochemistry, Universitatsstrasse 1, Heinrich Heine University, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Exp Bot 62:3093-102. 2011..The mature leaf transcriptomes of the C(3) species Cleome spinosa and the C(4) species Cleome gynandra were assembled and analysed...
- Antifungal properties of crude extracts of five Egyptian medicinal plants against dermatophytes and emerging fungiMohamed Hashem
Botany Department, Faculty of Science, Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Mycopathologia 172:37-46. 2011Antifungal properties of the crude extracts of five medicinal plants (Artemisia judaica, Ballota undulate, Cleome amblyocarpa, Peganum harmala, and Teucrium polium) were tested against dermatophytes and emerging fungi...
- Diversity in forms of C4 in the genus Cleome (Cleomaceae)Nuria K Koteyeva
Laboratory of Anatomy and Morphology, V L Komarov Botanical Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences, Prof Popov Street 2, 197376, St Petersburg, Russia
Ann Bot 107:269-83. 2011..The aim of the study was to determine the type, and diversity, of structural and functional forms of C(4) in genus Cleome. Methods Plants of Cleome species were grown from seeds, and leaves were subjected to carbon isotope analysis, ..
- High-performance liquid chromatographic method for identification and quantification of three potent liver protective coumarinolignoids-cleomiscosin A, cleomiscosin B and cleomiscosin C-in extracts of Cleome viscosaRanjeet Kaur
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, PO CIMAP, Lucknow, India
Biomed Chromatogr 24:1000-5. 2010..cleomiscosin A (Cliv A), cleomiscosin B (Cliv B) and cleomiscosin C (Cliv C) in different extracts of the seeds of Cleome viscosa using photodiode array detection at 326 nm...
- Hepatoprotective activity of Cleome viscosa Linn. extract against thioacetamide-induced hepatotoxicity in ratsNishant Kumar Gupta
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Natural Product Research Laboratory, Dr H S Gour University, Sagar, MP, India
Nat Prod Res 23:1289-97. 2009b>Cleome viscosa Linn. (Family Capparidaceae) is naturalised throughout the hot and moist parts of India...
- Anti-inflammatory and lysosomal stability actions of Cleome gynandra L. studied in adjuvant induced arthritic ratsR T Narendhirakannan
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025, Tamil Nadu, India
Food Chem Toxicol 45:1001-12. 2007The present study was aimed to assess the anti-arthritic nature of Cleome gynandra L. (Cat's whiskers) against Freund's complete adjuvant induced arthritis in rats. The ethanolic extract of C...
- Does Cleome droserifolia have anti-schistosomiasis mansoni activity?Nahla S El-Shenawy
Zoology Department, Faculty of Science, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 48:223-8. 2006The present study was undertaken to assess the effect of the crude extract of Cleome droserifolia (CD) leaves on experimentally infected mice with Schistosoma mansoni. Two groups of mice, showing a patent infection of S...
- Chains of edge-fused hydrogen-bonded R(3)3(22) rings in 5,3'-dihydroxy-3,6,7,4',5'-pentamethoxyflavoneG Y S K Swamy
Laboratory of X-ray Crystallography, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad 500 007, India
Acta Crystallogr C 62:o495-7. 2006
- Cellular and subcellular compartmentation of Ni in the Eurasian serpentine plants Alyssum bracteatum, Alyssum murale (Brassicaceae) and Cleome heratensis (Capparaceae)T Asemaneh
Department of Biology, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran
Planta 225:193-202. 2006..and subcellular compartmentation of Ni in the Eurasian serpentine species Alyssum murale, Alyssum bracteatum and Cleome heratensis and a non-serpentine population of A. murale (as a control) grown in hydroponic culture...
- Independent ancient polyploidy events in the sister families Brassicaceae and CleomaceaeM Eric Schranz
Department of Genetics and Evolution, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, D 07745 Jena, Germany
Plant Cell 18:1152-65. 2006..We isolated and sequenced three genomic regions from diploid Cleome spinosa (Cleomaceae) that are each homoeologous to a duplicated region shared between At3 and At5, centered on the ..
- Medicinal potential from in vivo and acclimatized plants of Cleome roseaCláudia Simões
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal Laboratório de Biotecnologia de Plantas LABPLAN, Instituto de Biologia Roberto Alcantara Gomes, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro UERJ, Brazil
Fitoterapia 77:94-9. 2006Methanolic extracts obtained from different organs of Cleome rosea, collected from its natural habitat and from in vitro-propagated plants, were submitted to in vitro biological assays...
- Anti-inflammatory activity of Cleome gynandra L. on hematological and cellular constituents in adjuvant-induced arthritic ratsR T Narendhirakannan
Department of Inorganic Chemistry, University of Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
J Med Food 8:93-9. 2005b>Cleome gynandra L. (cat whiskers) has traditionally been used for the treatment of rheumatic and other inflammatory conditions. In this work, the methanolic extract of the leaves of C...
- Effect of Cleome arabica leaf extract, rutin and quercetin on soybean lipoxygenase activity and on generation of inflammatory eicosanoids by human neutrophilsH Bouriche
Laboratory of Applied Biochemistry, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Ferhat ABBAS, 19000 Setif, Algeria
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 72:195-201. 2005The effects of Cleome arabica leaf extract, rutin and quercetin on soybean lipoxygenase (Lox) activity and on calcium ionophore (A23187)-stimulated generation of the leukotriene B4 and prostaglandin E2 by human neutrophils were examined...
- Flavonoids from Cleome droserifolia suppress NO production in activated macrophages in vitroS Fushiya
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Planta Med 65:404-7. 1999The effect of an Egyptian medicinal plant, Cleome droserifolia (Forssk.) Del. on nitric oxide (NO) production in bacillus Calmette-Guérin-induced mouse peritoneal macrophages activated by lipopolysaccharide was investigated in vitro...
- Biological activities of an extract from Cleome viscosa L. (Capparaceae)L A D Williams
Institute for Bio organic Chemistry, University of Hohenheim, Garbenstrasse 30, 70593 Stuttgart, Germany
Naturwissenschaften 90:468-72. 2003Electron micrograph examination of the leaf and stem surfaces of Cleome viscosa L (Family Capparaceae) revealed the presence of secretory glandular trichomes with club-cylinder and cylinder morphologies...
- Evaluation of anti-diarrheal activity of Cleome viscosa L. extract in ratsB Parimala Devi
Division of Pharmacognosy, Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India
Phytomedicine 9:739-42. 2002A study was undertaken to evaluate the effect of a methanol extract of the entire plant Cleome viscosa L. (CVME) (Family; Capparidaceae) for its anti-diarrheal potential against some of the experimental models of diarrhea in rats...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic method for identification and quantification of two isomeric coumarinolignoids-cleomiscosin A and cleomiscosin B-in extracts of Cleome viscosaSunil K Chattopadhyay
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Biomed Chromatogr 21:1214-20. 2007..and quantification of two isomeric coumarinolignoids, cleomiscosin A and B in different extracts of the seeds of Cleome viscosa using photodiode array detection at 326 nm...
- Terpenoids from Cleome droserifolia (Forssk.) DelHesham I El-Askary
Pharmacognosy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, 11562 Cairo, Egypt
Molecules 10:971-7. 2005A new diacetyl triterpene lactone, drosericarpone (2), was isolated from the hexane extract of the herb Cleome droserifolia, together with buchariol (1, a sesquiterpene oxide, isolated for the first time from Cleome species) and ..
- Linolenic acid and folate in wild-growing African dark leafy vegetables (morogo)Anna M van der Walt
1School of Environmental Sciences and Development, North West University, Private Bag, Potchefstroom, South Africa
Public Health Nutr 12:525-30. 2009..Consumption of morogo is a distinguishing feature of rural African diets...
- Anthocyanin production in callus cultures of Cleome rosea: modulation by culture conditions and characterization of pigments by means of HPLC-DAD/ESIMSCláudia Simões
Núcleo de Biotecnologia Vegetal, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro UERJ, Rua Sao Francisco Xavier, 524 PHLC, sala 509, Maracana, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:895-903. 2009Leaf and stem explants of Cleome rosea formed calluses when cultured on MS medium supplemented with different concentrations of 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4-D) or 4-amino-3,5,6-trichloropicolinic acid (PIC)...
- Mineral nutrient uptake from prey and glandular phosphatase activity as a dual test of carnivory in semi-desert plants with glandular leaves suspected of carnivoryBartosz Jan Płachno
Department of Plant Cytology and Embryology, Jagiellonian University, 52 Grodzka st, PL 31 044 Cracow, Poland
Ann Bot 104:649-54. 2009..same characteristics might also hold for two semi-desert plants with glandular sticky leaves from Israel, namely Cleome droserifolia and Hyoscyamus desertorum...
- Hepatoprotective constituents from Cleome droserifoliaMaged Saad Abdel-Kader
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, P O Box 2457, Riyadh 11451, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:620-4. 2009The effect of ethanol extract from aerial parts of Cleome droserifolia was investigated against carbon tetrachloride induced liver injury...
- Nutritional and anti-nutritional compositions of Cleome rutidosperma, Lagenaria siceraria, and Cucurbita maxima seeds from NigeriaO A Ojiako
Department of Biochemistry, Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
J Med Food 10:735-8. 2007Flours produced from the seeds of Cleome rutidosperma (DC), Lagenaria siceraria (Mol.), and Cucurbita maxima (Duch) were evaluated for proximate and elemental compositions...
- Antinociceptive activity of Gynandropsis gynandra leavesU R Ghogare
Department of Pharmacognosy, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Loni, MH, India
Nat Prod Res 23:327-33. 2009..c.) in the hot plate test, which suggests involvement of opioid receptors in the action. Flavonoids and tannins were observed in the active extracts, so we can say that they may responsible for the antinociceptive activity...
- Insecticidal activity of Jatropha gossypifolia L. (Euphorbiaceae) and Cleome viscosa L. (Capparidacae) on Spodoptera litura (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Toxicity and carboxylesterase and glutathione-S-transferase activities studiesSuwadee Phowichit
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science Kasetsart University Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 73:611-9. 2008..Leaf extracts and the senescent leaf Cleome viscosa L. (Capparidacae) against S. litura and detoxification enzyme activities...
- Modulation of inflammatory mediators by coumarinolignoids from Cleome viscosa in female swiss albino miceD U Bawankule
Genetic Resources and Biotechnology Division, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants CIMAP, Kukrail Picnic Spot Road, Lucknow 226015, India
Inflammopharmacology 16:272-7. 2008The effect of coumarinolignoid cleomiscosins A, B and C isolated from the plant Cleome viscosa on inflammatory mediators were studied in female swiss albino mice...
- Identification and quantification of two antihepatotoxic coumarinolignoids cleomiscosin A and cleomiscosin B in the seeds of Cleome viscosa using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometrySunil K Chattopadhyay
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, PO CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Biomed Chromatogr 23:340-56. 2009..of two antihepatotoxic coumarinolignoids cleomiscosin A and cleomiscosin B in different extracts of the seeds of Cleome viscosa...
- High-performance liquid chromatography and LC-ESI-MS method for the identification and quantification of two biologically active isomeric coumarinolignoids cleomiscosin A and cleomiscosin B in different extracts of Cleome viscosaSunil K Chattopadhyay
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, CSIR, PO CIMAP, Lucknow 226015, India
Biomed Chromatogr 22:1325-45. 2008..13 and 0.82% for cleomiscosin A and 1.78 and 1.28% for cleomiscosin B, respectively. The validated method was successfully applied for the analysis of the above two compounds in different extracts of Cleome viscosa.
- 15alpha-acetoxycleomblynol A from Cleome amblyocarpaA A Ahmed
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, El Minia University, El Minia, 61519, Egypt
J Nat Prod 64:106-7. 2001Reinvestigation of the MeOH-CH(2)Cl(2) extract of the aerial parts of Cleome amblyocarpa led to isolation of a new dammarane triterpenoid, 15alpha-acetoxycleomblynol A, whose structure was determined to be 11alpha,15alpha-..
- Investigation of acute toxicity of Jatropha gossypifolia L. (Euphorbiaceae) and Cleome viscosa L. (Capparidacae) extract on guppies, Poecilia reticulateSudatip Siriarcharungroj
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 73:871-4. 2008Jotropha gossypifolio L. (Etphorbiaceae) and Cleome viscosa, L. (Capparidacae), Thai-plant species, have phytocidal chemical components and responsible for controlling and repelling insects from the host plants...
- Acylated anthocyanins in inflorescence of spider flower (Cleome hassleriana)Monica Jordheim
Department of Chemistry, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Phytochemistry 70:740-5. 2009..together with five known anthocyanins have been identified in flowers of Cleome hassleriana Queen line...