Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plant genus of the family ASTERACEAE with strong-smelling foliage. It is a source of SANTONIN and other cytotoxic TERPENES.
Publications263 found, 100 shown here
- Anti-inflammatory activity and effect on gastric acid secretion of dehydroleucodine isolated from Artemisia douglasianaT Guardia
Pharmacology Unit, Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy, National University of San Luis, Chacabuco and Pedernera, C P 5 700, San Luis, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 88:195-8. 2003..It is suggested that the anti-inflammatory activity of DhL may be attributed to interference with multiple targets on the level of transcription factors, such as NF-kappaB, and cytokines...
- Central properties of the essential oil and the crude ethanol extract from aerial parts of Artemisia annua LF F Perazzo
, Universidade de Alfenas, Rod. MG 179, Km 0, CP 23, CEP 37130-000, MG, Alfenas, Brazil
Pharmacol Res 48:497-502. 2003The present study evaluated the central activity of the essential oil and the ethanolic extract from Artemisia annua L. in animals as a part of a psychopharmacological screening of this plant...
- Survey on the safety of a no-updosing regimen of sublingual immunotherapyA Musarra
Servizio Allergologia ASL 11, Reggio Calabria
Eur Ann Allergy Clin Immunol 38:313-4. 2006
- Determination of artemisinin in Artemisia sieberi and anticoccidial effects of the plant extract in broiler chickensH A Arab
Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Trop Anim Health Prod 38:497-503. 2006..This study showed that the levels of artemisinin in AS were comparable with those in other species including A. annua, and that the extract of this plant can reduce coccidial infection in broiler chickens...
- Quantitative determination of flavonoids by column high-performance liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry and ultraviolet absorption detection in Artemisia afra and comparative studies with various species of Artemisia plantsBharathi Avula
The University of Mississippi, School of Pharmacy, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science and Department of Pharmacognosy, National Center for Natural Products Research, MS 38677, USA
J AOAC Int 92:633-44. 2009..and specific analytical method for the quantitative determination of flavonoids from the aerial parts of the Artemisia afra plant samples was developed...
- Mefloquine resistance in Plasmodium falciparum and increased pfmdr1 gene copy numberRic N Price
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine-Infectious Diseases, St George's Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Lancet 364:438-47. 2004..Monitoring of pfmdr1 copy number will be useful in epidemiological surveys of drug resistance in P falciparum, and potentially for predicting treatment failure in individual patients...
- Prevalence of sensitization to Artemisia allergens Art v 1, Art v 3 and Art v 60 kDa. Cross-reactivity among Art v 3 and other relevant lipid-transfer protein allergensM Lombardero
Dept I D, ALK Abelló SA, Madrid, Spain
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1415-21. 2004b>Artemisia vulgaris is a widespread weed in the Mediterranean area and several allergens have been detected in its pollen...
- Regulation of obesity and lipid disorders by herbal extracts from Morus alba, Melissa officinalis, and Artemisia capillaris in high-fat diet-induced obese miceJinmi Lee
Department of Life Sciences, Mokwon University, Daejon 302 729, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 115:263-70. 2008Melissa officinalis L. (Labiatae), Morus alba L. (Moraceae), and Artemisia capillaris Thunb. (Compositae) are suggested to be involved in the regulation of hyperlipidemia...
- Antilipogenic and hypolipidemic effects of ethanol extracts from two variants of Artemisia princeps Pampanini in obese diabetic miceUn Ju Jung
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 12:1238-44. 2009The objective of this study was to determine the effects of the ethanol extract of two variants of Artemisia princeps Pampanini, Sajabalssuk (SB) and Sajuarissuk (SS), on lipid metabolism in type 2 diabetic animals...
- Bioactives of Artemisia dracunculus L enhance cellular insulin signaling in primary human skeletal muscle cultureZhong Q Wang
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Metabolism 57:S58-64. 2008An alcoholic extract of Artemisia dracunculus L (PMI 5011) has been shown to decrease glucose and improve insulin levels in animal models, suggesting an ability to enhance insulin sensitivity...
- Role of mucilage in the germination of Artemisia sphaerocephala (Asteraceae) achenes exposed to osmotic stress and salinityXuejun Yang
State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, China
Plant Physiol Biochem 48:131-5. 2010b>Artemisia sphaerocephala (Asteraceae) is one of the pioneer species in moving and semi-stable sand dunes in the deserts of northwest China. The outer surface of A...
- Possible role of pectin-containing mucilage and dew in repairing embryo DNA of seeds adapted to desert conditionsZhenying Huang
Laboratory of Quantitative Vegetation Ecology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, PR China
Ann Bot 101:277-83. 2008..These pellicles are secreted during early seed development and form mucilage when hydrated...
- Mitigating effects of antioxidant properties of Artemisia campestris leaf extract on hyperlipidemia, advanced glycation end products and oxidative stress in alloxan-induced diabetic ratsMediha Sefi
Animal Physiology Laboratory, Sciences Faculty, BP 1171, 3000 Sfax, Tunisia
Food Chem Toxicol 48:1986-93. 2010b>Artemisia campestris is used as antivenom and anti-inflammatory Tunisian folk medicine. Recently, increased oxidative stress was shown to play an important role in the etiology and pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus and its complications...
- Making artemisininPatrick S Covello
Plant Biotechnology Institute, SK, Canada
Phytochemistry 69:2881-5. 2008..These include native biosynthesis, genetic modification of Artemisia annua and other plants, engineering of microbes, total and partial chemical synthesis and combinations of the ..
- Artemisia asiatica extracts protect against ethanol-induced injury in gastric mucosa of ratsSang Woon Park
Digestive Disease Center and DMC MECOX Biomedical Research Center, Jesaeng Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:976-84. 2008Based on our previous studies that Artemisia asiatica extracts exert either antioxidative or cytoprotective actions against non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric mucosal injury, or imposes qualified ..
- Hypersensitivity to mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) in patients with peach allergy is due to a common lipid transfer protein allergen and is often without clinical expressionElide A Pastorello
Allergy Center, 3rd Division of General Medicine, Ospedale Maggiore IRCCS, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Allergy Clin Immunol 110:310-7. 2002..The results were similar with other pollens. CONCLUSIONS: Patients sensitized only to the 9-kd LTP of mugwort do not present hay fever symptoms, and this sensitization is a consequence of the peach sensitization...
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of Artemisia scoparia and A. capillarisJeong-Dan Cha
Institute of Oral Bioscience and Department of Oral Microbiology, School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, South Korea
Planta Med 71:186-90. 2005The chemical composition of the essential oils obtained from Artemisia scoparia Waldst. et Kitamura and Artemisia capillaris Thunb. was analyzed by GC/MS. The essential oil of A. scoparia was rich in camphor (11.0 %), 1,8-cineole (21...
- Determination of the chemical composition and antioxidant activity of the essential oil of Artemisia dracunculus and of the antifungal and antibacterial activities of Turkish Artemisia absinthium, A. dracunculus, Artemisia santonicum, and Artemisia spicigSaban Kordali
Department of Plant Protection, Faculty of Agriculture, and Department of Chemistry, Kazim Karabekir Education Faculty, Ataturk University, Campus, 25240 Erzurum, Turkey
J Agric Food Chem 53:9452-8. 2005The essential oil isolated from Turkish tarragon (Artemisia dracunculus) by hydrodistillation was analyzed by GC-MS. Thirty compounds representing 99.5% of total oil were identified...
- The genetic map of Artemisia annua L. identifies loci affecting yield of the antimalarial drug artemisininIan A Graham
Centre for Novel Agricultural Products, Department of Biology, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Science 327:328-31. 2010Artemisinin is a plant natural product produced by Artemisia annua and the active ingredient in the most effective treatment for malaria...
- Volatile components of four Ethiopian Artemisia species extracts and their in vitro antitrypanosomal and cytotoxic activitiesEndalkachew Nibret
Institut für Pharmazie und molekulare Biotechnologie, Universitat Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 364, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Phytomedicine 17:369-74. 2010b>Artemisia species are one of the many traditional medicinal plants of Ethiopia used for the treatment of infectious and non-infectious health problems...
- DA-9601, a standardized extract of Artemisia asiatica, blocks TNF-alpha-induced IL-8 and CCL20 production by inhibiting p38 kinase and NF-kappaB pathways in human gastric epithelial cellsSuck-Chei Choi
Digestive Disease Research Institute, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, Chonbuk, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 12:4850-8. 2006..CONCLUSION: DA-9601 blocked TNF-alpha-mediated inflammatory signals by potentially modulating the p38 kinase pathway and/or a signal leading to NF-kappaB-dependent pathways in gastric epithelial cells...
- Artemisia and Ambrosia hypersensitivity: co-sensitization or co-recognition?R Asero
Ambulatorio di Allergologia, Clinica San Carlo, Paderno Dugnano MI, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 36:658-65. 2006..Clinical and serological studies showed that ragweed and mugwort sensitization are often associated and this poses relevant clinical problems in patients for whom specific immunotherapy is warranted...
- Plant uptake of inorganic and organic nitrogen: neighbor identity mattersAmy E Miller
Mountain Research Station, Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research, and Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Ecology 88:1832-40. 2007..Our study suggests that plasticity in the uptake of different forms of N may be a mechanism by which cooccurring plants reduce competition for N...
- Inhibition of blood platelet adhesion, aggregation and secretion by Artemisia dracunculus leaves extractsLeila Shahriyary
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, P O Box 13145 1384, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
J Ethnopharmacol 114:194-8. 2007Platelet hyperactivity plays an important role in atherosclerosis and arterial thrombosis. Artemisia dracunculus L. (tarragon) is a common table vegetable all over Iran and known for its anticoagulant activity in Iranian folk medicine.
- Determination of essential oil components of Artemisia haussknechtii Boiss. using simultaneous hydrodistillation-static headspace liquid phase microextraction-gas chromatography mass spectrometryM Jalali Heravi
Department of Chemistry, Sharif University of Technology, P O Box 11365 9516, Tehran, Iran
J Chromatogr A 1160:81-9. 2007A novel method for extraction and analysis of volatile compounds of Artemisia haussknechtii Boiss...
- Nondiffusional release of allergens from pollen grains of Artemisia vulgaris and Lilium longiflorum depends mainly on the type of the allergenClaudia Hoidn
Molecular Plant Physiology Group, Department of Molecular Biology, Division of Allergy and Immunology, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 137:27-36. 2005..METHODS: An improved pollen chromatography was performed with Artemisia vulgaris and Lilium longiflorum pollen...
- Ethanolic extract of Artemisia aucheri induces regression of aorta wall fatty streaks in hypercholesterolemic rabbitsS Asgary
Isfahan Cardiovascular research center WHO Collaborating centre in EMR, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Pharmazie 63:394-7. 2008b>Artemisia aucheri is a native-growing plant which is widely used in Iranian traditional medicine. This study was designed to evaluate the effects of A. aucheri on regression of atherosclerosis in hypercholesterolemic rabbits...
- Acute and chronic toxicity of the aqueous extract of Artemisia afra in rodentsJ T Mukinda
Discipline of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy and South African Herbal Science and Medicine Institute, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, South Africa
J Ethnopharmacol 112:138-44. 2007b>Artemisia afra (Jacq. Ex. Willd), "African Wormwood" is widely used traditionally in South Africa with no literature evidence substantiating its safety...
- Inhibitory effect of eupatilin and jaceosidin isolated from Artemisia princeps in IgE-induced hypersensitivitySeung Hoon Lee
College of Pharmacy, Kyung Hee University, 1, Hoegi, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 701, South Korea
Int Immunopharmacol 7:1678-84. 2007To understand the antiallergic effect of Artemisia princeps (AP), which has been found to show inhibitory activity against degranulation and a passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) reaction, eupatilin and jaceosidin, as the active ..
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Artemisia lavandulaefoliaJeong-Dan Cha
Institute of Oral Bioscience and Department of Oral Microbiology, School of Dentistry, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, South Korea
Planta Med 71:575-7. 2005The chemical components of the essential oil obtained from Artemisia lavandulaefolia DC. were analyzed by GC-MS. Ninety-nine compounds accounting for 94.9 % of the essential oil were identified...
- Anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of ethanol extract of Artemisia princeps in C57BL/6 mice fed a high-fat dietNorio Yamamoto
Food Science Research Center, House Wellness Foods Corporation, 3 20 Imoji, Itami, Hyogo 664 0011, Japan
Food Funct 2:45-52. 2011b>Artemisia princeps is commonly used as a food ingredient and in traditional Asian medicine. In this study, we examined the effects of long-term administration of an ethanol extract of A...
- An extract of Artemisia dracunculus L. enhances insulin receptor signaling and modulates gene expression in skeletal muscle in KK-A(y) miceZhong Q Wang
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Nutr Biochem 22:71-8. 2011An ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus L. (PMI 5011) has been observed to decrease glucose and insulin levels in animal models, but the cellular mechanisms by which insulin action is enhanced in vivo are not precisely known...
- Insecticidal activity and chemical composition of the essential oils of Artemisia lavandulaefolia and Artemisia sieversiana from ChinaZhi Long Liu
Department of Entomology, China Agricultural University, Haidian District, Beijing 100094, P R China
Chem Biodivers 7:2040-5. 2010In our screening program for new agrochemicals from local wild plants, Artemisia lavandulaefolia and A. sieversiana were found to possess insecticidal activity against the maize weevil Sitophilus zeamais...
- Optimisation of ultra-performance LC conditions using response surface methodology for rapid separation and quantitative determination of phenolic compounds in Artemisia minorYan Zhou
Key Laboratory of Mountain Ecological Restoration and Bioresource Utilization, Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, PR China
J Sep Sci 33:3675-82. 2010..was established for the first simultaneous qualitative and quantitative analysis of phenolic compounds in Artemisia minor...
- The achene mucilage hydrated in desert dew assists seed cells in maintaining DNA integrity: adaptive strategy of desert plant Artemisia sphaerocephalaXuejun Yang
State Key Laboratory of Vegetation and Environmental Change, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e24346. 2011..b>Artemisia sphaerocephala achenes were first treated γ-irradiation to induce DNA damage, and then they were repaired in ..
- Transcriptome characterization and polymorphism detection between subspecies of big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata)Prabin Bajgain
Plant and Wildlife Science Department, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT 84602, USA
BMC Genomics 12:370. 2011Big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) is one of the most widely distributed and ecologically important shrub species in western North America. This species serves as a critical habitat and food resource for many animals and invertebrates...
- Chemical constituents from the aerial parts of Artemisia minorZhi Zhou He
National Engineering Research Center for Natural Medicines, Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 72:1198-201. 2009..1-3), and one neolignan, arteminorin D (4), together with 31 known ones were isolated from the aerial parts of Artemisia minor...
- Antidiabetic effects of Artemisia sphaerocephala Krasch. gum, a novel food additive in China, on streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetic ratsXiao Hui Xing
Northwest A and F University, College of Food Science and Engineering, No 28 Xinong Road, Yangling, Shaanxi 712100, China
J Ethnopharmacol 125:410-6. 2009Since ancient times, practicians of traditional Chinese medicine have discovered that Artemisia sphaerocephala Krasch. (Asteraceae) seed powder was useful for the treatment of diabetes. Artemisia sphaerocephala Krasch...
- DA-9601, Artemisia asiatica herbal extract, ameliorates airway inflammation of allergic asthma in miceJi Young Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Suwon 440-746, Korea
Mol Cells 22:104-12. 2006We previously reported that DA-9601, ethanol herbal extract of Artemisia asiatica, inhibited histamine and leukotriene releases in guinea pig lung mast cells activated with specific antigen/antibody reaction...
- Artemisia capillaris inhibits lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and obesity in C57BL/6J mice fed a high fat dietJung Hee Hong
The Center for Traditional Microorganism Resources Center, Keimyung University, Daegu, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 12:736-45. 2009The purpose of the current study was to determine the effect of the Artemisia capillaris ethyl acetate (ACE) fraction on diet-induced obesity and to elucidate the underlying mechanism...
- Eupatilin, a pharmacologically active flavone derived from Artemisia plants, induces cell cycle arrest in ras-transformed human mammary epithelial cellsDo-Hee Kim
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Shinlim-Dong, Kwanak-Ku, 151-742, South Korea
Biochem Pharmacol 68:1081-7. 2004Extracts of Artemisia asiatica Nakai (Asteraceae) possess anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative activities. Eupatilin (5,7-dihydroxy-3',4',6-trimethoxyflavone), one of the pharmacologically active ingredients derived from A...
- Comparison of the effects of Artemisia vulgaris and Artemisia absinthium growing in western Anatolia against trichinellosis (Trichinella spiralis) in ratsAyse Caner
Department of Parasitology, Ege University Medical School, Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Exp Parasitol 119:173-9. 2008..The Artemisia genus has been found to be effective against a variety of parasites...
- [Studies on flavonoid constituents from herbs of Artemisia ordosica II]Wei Zhang
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Henan University, Kaifeng 475001, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:1959-61. 2006OBJECTIVE: To study the chemical constituents of herbs of Artemisia ordosica...
- Anaphylaxis to pine nut: cross-reactivity to Artemisia vulgaris?R Rodrigues-Alves
Allergol Immunopathol (Madr) 36:113-6. 2008..Specific IgE to pine nut and Artemisia vulgaris was demonstrated by skin prick tests and in vitro determination of specific IgE, although no IgE to ..
- Antifungal constituents of the essential oil fraction of Artemisia dracunculus L. Var. dracunculusKumudini M Meepagala
Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Natural Product Utilization Research Unit, University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:6989-92. 2002..isolation and structure elucidation of antifungal constituents of the steam-distilled essential oil fraction of Artemisia dracunculus are described...
- Protective effect of 4',5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica against Abeta-induced oxidative stress in PC12 cellsH J Heo
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul
Amyloid 8:194-201. 2001..The effect of 4',5-dihydroxy-3',6,7-trimethoxyflavone from Artemisia asiatica on Abeta induced neurotoxicity was investigated using PC12 cells...
- Chemopreventive effects of the standardized extract (DA-9601) of Artemisia asiatica on azoxymethane-initiated and dextran sulfate sodium-promoted mouse colon carcinogenesisHyun Soo Kim
Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Nutr Cancer 60:90-7. 2008..In this study, we examined the chemopreventive effects of the standardized extract (DA-9601) of Artemisia asiatica that has been used in the traditional herbal medicine for the treatment of inflammatory disorders...
- The ethanol extract from Artemisia princeps Pampanini induces p53-mediated G1 phase arrest in A172 human neuroblastoma cellsEun Young Park
Department of Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, College of Pharmacy, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 11:237-45. 2008In the present study, the antiproliferative effects of the ethanol extract of Artemisia princeps Pampanini (EAPP) and the mechanism involved were investigated...
- Diuretic activity of Artemisia thuscula, an endemic Canary speciesD Benjumea
, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de La Laguna, 38207, La Laguna, Canary Islands, Spain
J Ethnopharmacol 100:205-9. 2005A pharmacological evaluation for diuretic activity of infusions at 5, 10 and 15% of Artemisia thuscula Cav. was carried out...
- The history of qing hao in the Chinese materia medicaElisabeth Hsu
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford, 51 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6PE, UK
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:505-8. 2006Artemisinin is currently used for treating drug-resistant malaria. It is found in Artemisia annua and also in A. apiacea and A. lancea. Artemisia annua and A...
- Comparative effects of Artemisia dracunculus, Satureja hortensis and Origanum majorana on inhibition of blood platelet adhesion, aggregation and secretionRazieh Yazdanparast
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, P O Box 13145 1384, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vascul Pharmacol 48:32-7. 2008..b>Artemisia dracunculus (tarragon), Satureja hortensis (summer savory) and Origanum majorana (marjoram) are used as blood ..
- Artemisone--a highly active antimalarial drug of the artemisinin classRichard K Haynes
Department of Chemistry, Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, Institute of Molecular Technology for Drug Discovery and Synthesis, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, PR China
Angew Chem Int Ed Engl 45:2082-8. 2006
- Increased susceptibility of ethanol-treated gastric mucosa to naproxen and its inhibition by DA-9601, an Artemisia asiatica extractTae Young Oh
Research Laboratories, Dong-A Pharm. Co, Ltd, 47-5, Sanggal, Kiheung, Yongin, Kyunggi, 449-905, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 11:7450-6. 2005....
- Bioassay-guided isolation of aldose reductase inhibitors from Artemisia dracunculusSithes Logendra
Biotech Center, Cook College, Rutgers University, 59 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8520, USA
Phytochemistry 67:1539-46. 2006An ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus L. having antidiabetic activity was examined as a possible aldose reductase (ALR2) inhibitor, a key enzyme involved in diabetic complications. At 3...
- Flavonoids from Artemisia copa with anti-inflammatory activityValeria Moscatelli
Cátedras de Farmacognosia y Farmacología, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Planta Med 72:72-4. 2006Bioactivity-guided fractionation of the dichloromethane and ethanol extracts from the aerial parts of Artemisia copa led to the isolation of the flavonoids spinacetin, jaceosidin, axillarin, penduletin, tricin and chrysoeriol...
- Anthelmintic activity of Artemisia brevifolia in sheepZafar Iqbal
Department of Veterinary Parasitology, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad 38040, Pakistan
J Ethnopharmacol 93:265-8. 2004This paper describes the in vitro and in vivo anthelmintic activity of Artemisia brevifolia in comparison with levamisole...
- Artemisolide from Artemisia asiatica: nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) inhibitor suppressing prostaglandin E2 and nitric oxide production in macrophagesAlavala Matta Reddy
College of Pharmacy and Research Center for Bioresource and Health, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju 361-763, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:591-7. 2006Aerial parts of Artemisia asiatica (Compositae) have been traditionally used as an oriental medicine for the treatment of inflammatory and ulcerogenic diseases...
- Antihyperglycemic activity of Tarralin, an ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus LD M Ribnicky
Biotech Center, Cook College, Rutgers University, 59 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 8520, USA
Phytomedicine 13:550-7. 2006The studies reported here were undertaken to examine the antihyperglycemic activity of an ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus L., called Tarralin in diabetic and non-diabetic animals...
- Inhibitors of the LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation from Artemisia sylvaticaHui Zi Jin
Anticancer Research Laboratory, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Yuseong, Daejeon 305-600, Korea
Phytochemistry 65:2247-53. 2004..B and D were isolated by bioassay-guided fractionation from the methanol extract of the aerial parts of Artemisia sylvatica using the NF-kappaB mediated reporter gene assay...
- Artesunate in the treatment of metastatic uveal melanoma--first experiencesThomas G Berger
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Oncol Rep 14:1599-603. 2005Artesunate (ART) is a derivative of artemisinin, the active principle of the Chinese herb Artemisia annua L. Artesunate is approved for the treatment of multidrug-resistant malaria and has an excellent safety profile...
- Antinociceptive and antiinflammatory activities of Artemisia copa extractsJ Mino
Catedra de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junín 956 5do piso CP 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pharmacol Res 50:59-63. 2004The aqueous extract from aerial parts of Artemisia copa Phil. (Compositae), was evaluated for antinociceptive activity using writhing, formalin, and hot-plate tests in mice...
- Antiherpevirus activity of Artemisia arborescens essential oil and inhibition of lateral diffusion in Vero cellsManuela Saddi
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Sezione di Microbiologia Medica, Viale Sant Ignazio 38, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob 6:10. 2007..New prophylactic and therapeutic tools are needed for the treatment of herpes simplex virus infections. Several essential oils have shown to possess antiviral activity in vitro against a wide spectrum of viruses...
- Antinociceptive peripheral effect of Achillea millefolium L. and Artemisia vulgaris L.: both plants known popularly by brand names of analgesic drugsJúlia Movilla Pires
Department of Psychobiology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Phytother Res 23:212-9. 2009The hydroalcohol extracts of Achillea millefolium L. (AM) and Artemisia vulgaris L...
- Simple and rapid physico-chemical methods to examine action of antimalarial drugs with hemin: its application to Artemisia annua constituentsAnna Rita Bilia
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Life Sci 70:769-78. 2002..Artemisinin, a sesquiterpene from Artemisia annua L...
- Eupatilin, isolated from Artemisia princeps Pampanini, enhances hepatic glucose metabolism and pancreatic beta-cell function in type 2 diabetic miceYoung Jin Kang
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, South Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 82:25-32. 2008Eupatilin (5,7-dihydroxy-3',4',6-trimethoxyflavone) was isolated from Artemisia princeps to investigate the dose-response effects on blood glucose regulation and pancreatic beta-cell function in type 2 diabetic mice...
- Fractionation and characterization of biologically-active polysaccharides from Artemisia tripartitaGang Xie
Department of Veterinary Molecular Biology, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Phytochemistry 69:1359-71. 2008The leaves of Artemisia species have been traditionally used for prevention and treatment of a number of diseases...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a gene encoding RING zinc finger ankyrin protein from drought-tolerant Artemisia desertorumXiuhong Yang
College of Life Sciences, National Key Laboratory of Protein Engineering and Plant Genetic Engineering, Peking University, Beijing 100871, People s Republic of China
J Biosci 33:103-12. 2008A RING zinc finger ankyrin protein gene,designated AdZFP1, was isolated from drought-tolerant Artemisia desertorum Spreng by mRNA differential display and RACE...
- Artesunate reduces chicken chorioallantoic membrane neovascularisation and exhibits antiangiogenic and apoptotic activity on human microvascular dermal endothelial cellChen Huan-huan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, the First Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 211:163-73. 2004Artesunate (ART), a semi-synthetic derivative of artemisinin extracted from the Chinese herb Artemisia annua, is a safe and effective antimalarial drug. ART has now been analyzed for its anti-angiogenic activity in vivo and in vitro...
- Screening of chemical composition, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of Artemisia essential oilsDaise Lopes-Lutz
Olds College School of Innovation, 4500 50th Street Olds, Alberta, Canada T4H 1R6
Phytochemistry 69:1732-8. 2008The chemical composition of essential oils isolated from aerial parts of seven wild sages from Western Canada -Artemisia absinthium L., Artemisia biennis Willd., Artemisia cana Pursh, Artemisia dracunculus L., Artemisia frigida Willd...
- Effects of Artemisia capillaris ethyl acetate fraction on oxidative stress and antioxidant enzyme in high-fat diet induced obese miceJung Hee Hong
Traditional Microorganism Resources Center, Keimyung University, 1000 Shndang Dong, Dalseo Gu, Daegu 704 701, Republic of Korea
Chem Biol Interact 179:88-93. 2009The current study examined the effects of Artemisia capillaris ethyl acetate (ACE) fraction on oxidative stress and antioxidant enzyme in high-fat diet induced obese mice...
- Development of a sensitive monoclonal antibody-based enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the antimalaria active ingredient artemisinin in the Chinese herb Artemisia annua LSu Ping He
College of Agronomy and Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing, 100193, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 393:1297-303. 2009Artemisinin is an endoperoxide sesquiterpene lactone isolated from the Chinese medicinal plant Artemisia annua L...
- Antibacterial and antioxidant activities of Artemisia annua essential oilFabien Juteau
, , UFR DENTES et SVTE, case 17, 3 Place Victor Hugo, F-13331 Marseille Cedex 3, France
Fitoterapia 73:532-5. 2002The essential oil of Artemisia annua aerial parts, consisting of camphor (44%), germacrene D (16%), trans-pinocarveol (11%), beta-selinene (9%), beta-caryophyllene (9%) and artemisia ketone (3%), was screened for its antimicrobial ..
- Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oil from Artemisia feddeiJeong Dan Cha
Oral Cancer Research Institute, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul 120 749, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:2061-5. 2007The chemical components of the essential oil from Artemisia feddei LEV. et VNT. were analyzed using GC-MS. Ninety-nine compounds, accounting for 96.23% of the extracted essential oil, were identified...
- New trends in extraction, identification and quantification of artemisinin and its derivativesP Christen
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, University of Geneva, Bd d Yvoy 20, Geneva, 1211, Switzerland
Curr Med Chem 8:1827-39. 2001..Applications to plant material, pharmaceutical formulations and biological fluids will also be reviewed...
- The genetics of artemisinin content in Artemisia annua L. and the breeding of high yielding cultivarsN Delabays
Federal Agricultural Research Station For Plant Production, Nyon, CH-1960, Switzerland
Curr Med Chem 8:1795-801. 2001Artemisinin, the endoperoxide sesquiterpene lactone produced by the Chinese medicinal herb Artemisia annua, is very difficult to synthesise. Moreover, its production by mean of cell, tissue or organ cultures is very low...
- Toxicological evaluation of the ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus L. for use as a dietary supplement and in functional foodsDavid M Ribnicky
Biotech Center, Cook College, Rutgers University, 59 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901 8520, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 42:585-98. 2004TARRALIN is an ethanolic extract of Artemisia dracunculus (Russian tarragon), a common medicinal and culinary herb with centuries of use...
- Characteristics, clinical effect profile and tolerability of a nasal spray preparation of Artemisia abrotanum L. for allergic rhinitisP Remberg
Department of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Phytomedicine 11:36-42. 2004A nasal spray formulation containing an extract of Artemisia abrotanum L. was developed for therapeutic use in patients with allergic rhinitis and other upper airway disorders...
- Linkage of 35S and 5S rRNA genes in Artemisia (family Asteraceae): first evidence from angiospermsSonia Garcia
Laboratori de Botànica, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Chromosoma 118:85-97. 2009..in situ hybridisation, cloning and sequencing were used to reveal 5S and 35S rDNA genomic organisation in Artemisia. We observed thousands of rDNA units at two-three loci containing 5S rDNA in an inverted orientation within the ..
- Genome size in 21 Artemisia L. species (Asteraceae, Anthemideae): systematic, evolutionary, and ecological implicationsM Torrell
, , Universitat de Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Genome 44:231-8. 2001Genome size was estimated by flow cytometry in 24 populations belonging to 22 Artemisia taxa (21 species, 1 with two subspecies), which represent the distinct subgenera, life forms, basic chromosome numbers, and ploidy levels in the ..
- Parallel evolutionary patterns in multiple lineages of arctic Artemisia L. (Asteraceae)Natalia V Tkach
Institute of Biology, Department of Geobotany and Botanic Garden, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Neuwerk 21, D 06099, Halle, Germany
Evolution 62:184-98. 2008..our study was to survey these and other traits in multiple closely related but independently evolved lineages of Artemisia. Our phylogenetic study was based on 133 taxa using 3'-ETS and ITS, and on data on morphology, karyology, ..
- Inhibitory effects on HIV-1 protease of tri-p-coumaroylspermidine from Artemisia caruifolia and related amidesC M Ma
Institute of Natural Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 49:915-7. 2001From a methanol extract of Artemisia caruifolia, which showed a moderate inhibitory activity on HIV-1 protease in a preliminary screening, N1,N5,N10-tri-p-coumaroylspermidine and three dicaffeoylquinic acids were isolated...
- Plant-derived natural products exhibiting activity against formosan subterranean termites (Coptotermes formosanus)Kumudini M Meepagala
USDA ARS, Natural Products Utilization Research Unit, PO Box 8048, University, MS 38677, USA
Pest Manag Sci 62:565-70. 2006..Among the natural products tested, vulgarone B (isolated from Artemisia douglasiana Besser), apiol (isolated from Ligusticum hultenii (Fern...
- Allergoid-specific T-cell reaction as a measure of the immunological response to specific immunotherapy (SIT) with a Th1-adjuvanted allergy vaccineV von Baehr
Laboratory Center Berlin, Department of Immunology, Germany
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 15:234-41. 2005..Thus an immunological response to SIT was detected after very few injections. This methodology could provide a basis for monitoring the immediate progress of allergy vaccinations...
- Ethanol extract from Artemisia vestita, a traditional Tibetan medicine, exerts anti-sepsis action through down-regulating the MAPK and NF-kappaB pathwaysYang Sun
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Int J Mol Med 17:957-62. 2006b>Artemisia vestita Wall., a traditional Tibetan medicine, has wide clinical application for inflammatory diseases. However, its molecular mechanism of anti-inflammatory effect is poorly understood...
- Arthropod repellency, especially tick (Ixodes ricinus), exerted by extract from Artemisia abrotanum and essential oil from flowers of Dianthus caryophyllumH Tunon
Swedish Biodiversity Centre, Box 7007, 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Fitoterapia 77:257-61. 2006A toluene extract of southernwood (Artemisia abrotanum) and the essential oil from flowers of carnation (Dianthus caryophyllum ) exerted pronounced a repellent effect both against ticks (nymphs of Ixodes ricinus) and yellow fever ..
- In vitro activity of artemisia abrotanum extracts against Malassezia Spp., Candida albicans and Staphylococcus aureusKristoffer Brodin
Acta Derm Venereol 87:540-2. 2007
- Prairie sage, Artemisia ludovicianaRichard W Weber
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Room J326, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 95:A6. 2005
- Comparative analysis of the oil and supercritical CO(2) extract of Artemisia arborescens L. and Helichrysum splendidum (Thunb.) LessBruno Marongiu
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Universita degli Studi di Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato, SS 554, Km 4, 500 09042, Cagliari, Italy
Nat Prod Res 20:421-8. 2006Isolation of volatile concentrate from the dried leaves of Artemisia arborescens and of Helichrysum splendidum has been obtained by supercritical extraction with carbon dioxide...
- Sensitization and allergy to Cannabis sativa leaves in a population of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)-sensitized patientsCarlos Hernando de Larramendi
Unidad de Alergia, Hospital Marina Baixa, Villajoyosa Alicante and Centro de Especialidades Foietes, Benidorm, Spain
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 146:195-202. 2008..Cases of allergy to Cannabis sativa have occasionally been reported, but both the allergenic profile and eventual cross-reactivity pattern remain unknown...
- Activity against Mycobacterium smegmatis and M. tuberculosis by extract of South African medicinal plantsSannah Patience Nkami Mativandlela
Department of Plant Science, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, 0002, South Africa
Phytother Res 22:841-5. 2008..The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of four plants namely Artemisia afra, Dodonea angustifolia, Drosera capensis and Galenia africana ranged from 0.781 to 6...
- Quantification of Art v 1 and Act c 1 being major allergens of mugwort pollen and kiwi fruit extracts in mass-units by ion-exchange HPLC-UV methodMilan Blanusa
Faculty of Chemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Studentski trg 16, 11 000 Belgrade, Serbia
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 857:188-94. 2007..This method could be a useful tool for standardization of allergenic extracts for clinical use...
- Inhibition of 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene induced mouse skin carcinogenesis by Artemisia capillarisY S Kim
Division of Applied Life Sciences, Graduated School, and Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
J Food Sci 73:T16-20. 2008Anticarcinogenic activity of medicinal herbs (Artemisia capillaris, Taxus cuspidata, Anthriscus sylveatris, and Curcuma longa) was examined for 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA)-induced mouse skin carcinogenesis...
- A water extract of Artemisia capillaris prevents 2,2'-azobis(2-amidinopropane) dihydrochloride-induced liver damage in ratsKyu-Ho Han
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology of Animal Resources, Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Med Food 9:342-7. 2006A water extract of Artemisia capillaris Thunberg (Compositae) was investigated for protective effects against oxidative stress induced by 2,2'-azobis(2-amidinopropane) dihydrochloride (AAPH) in Sprague-Dawley male rats...
- Artemisia iwayomogi inhibits immediate-type allergic reaction and inflammatory cytokine secretionTae Yong Shin
College of Pharmacy, Woosuk University, Jeonju, Jeonbuk, Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 28:421-30. 2006..In this study, we investigated the effect of Artemisia iwayomogi (AIAE) on mast cell-mediated allergic reaction and inflammatory cytokine secretion...
- Effectiveness of mugwort lotion for the treatment of post-burn hypertrophic scarsRei Ogawa
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:210-2. 2008
- Artemisia princeps var orientalis induces apoptosis in human breast cancer MCF-7 cellsVasiraju J Sarath
Division of Basic and Clinical Immunology, University of California, Irvine, CA, 92697, USA
Anticancer Res 27:3891-8. 2007Dried leaves of Artemisia princeps var orientalis are used in the Eastern practice of moxibustion to improve general health. The ability of A...
- Hypoglycaemic effect of Artemisia sphaerocephala Krasch seed polysaccharide in alloxan-induced diabetic ratsJi Zhang
College of Life Science, Northwest Normal University, Lanzhou, PR China
Swiss Med Wkly 136:529-32. 2006..The monosaccharides of ASP were composed of L-Ara, D-Xyl, D-Lyx, D-Man, D-Glc, D-Gal. Their molar proportions were 1, 4.98, 1.69, 27.86, 3.76 and 13.92, respectively...
- Strategies for assessment of botanical action on metabolic syndrome in the mouse and evidence for a genotype-specific effect of Russian tarragon in the regulation of insulin sensitivityAamir R Zuberi
Botanical Research Center, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, Baton Rouge, LA 70810, USA
Metabolism 57:S10-5. 2008..Finally, we present data suggesting that one of the major botanical extracts being studied, an extract of Russian tarragon, may manifest a mouse strain genotype-specific insulin-sensitizing phenotype...
- Cyclization mechanism of amorpha-4,11-diene synthase, a key enzyme in artemisinin biosynthesisSoon-Hee Kim
School of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul 151-921, Korea
J Nat Prod 69:758-62. 2006..Incorporation of one deuterium into amorphadiene in the cyclization process was observed when the reaction was performed in (2)H(2)O, as evidenced by an increase of 1 amu in the mass of the molecular ion...
- Reflections on the 'discovery' of the antimalarial qinghaoElisabeth Hsu
Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Br J Clin Pharmacol 61:666-70. 2006....
- [Antimicrobial activity and constituents in rumput roman extract as a natural food preservative]Naoki Sugimoto
National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Shokuhin Eiseigaku Zasshi 48:106-11. 2007..The concentrations of capillin and capillene were determined to 17.9 mg/mL and 36.1 mg/mL, respectively, from standard curves of authentic compounds on HPLC...
- Treatment of Cervical Cancer with ArtemisininRichard Schlegel; Fiscal Year: 2005..Artemisinin, derived from the Chinese herb, Artemisia annua, has been used for more than 2,000 years as a therapy for malaria and recent studies indicate that its ..
- TERPENE CYCLASES: FUNCTIONAL DOMAINS AND STRUCTURESJOSEPH NOEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..TEAS), Hyoscyamus muticus vetispiradiene synthase (HVS), Gossypium arboreum cadinene synthase (GCADS), and Artemisia annua L epi-cedrol synthase (AECS)...
- Acu/Moxa for Peripheral Neuropathy in Pts with HIVJOYCE ANASTASI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, no studies examined the use of acupuncture with moxibustion (artemisia vulgaris) for DSP. In TCM, acupuncture and moxibustion complement each other to form one mode of therapy...
- Artemisinin Biosynthesis: Control of TranscriptionPamela Weathers; Fiscal Year: 2007..AN is a complex compound and still best produced by the plant Artemisia annua...
- A topical treatment for genital papillomavirus infectionsRichard Schlegel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The second compound is dihydroartemisinin (derived from the Chinese herb, Artemisia annua)...
- Low Cost Production of the Malaria Drug ArtemetherBrooks Hybertson; Fiscal Year: 2007..been developed based on the Chinese medicine component Qinghaosu (artemisinin) - extracted from sweet wormword (Artemisia annua)...
- CALORIC RESTRICTION, AGING, AND INSULIN ACTIONWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Chromium, Cellular Energy Status and Whole Body Energy BalanceWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT FOR PREVENTION OF VISCERAL OBESITYWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Anti-Trypanosomal Agents from a Neotropical CloudforestWILLIAM SETZER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-term benefit of this research project is the development of new medicines to treat patients with Chagas disease. ..
- Polygenic regulation of murine obesityAamir Zuberi; Fiscal Year: 2006..The identity of these candidate genes will form the basis behind directed functional assays in downstream studies to identify the underlying novel polygenic obesity gene. ..
- Chromium and Insulin ActionWilliam Cefalu; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..