Summary: A mitosporic Trichocomaceae fungal genus that develops fruiting organs resembling a broom. When identified, teleomorphs include Eupenicillium and TALAROMYCES. Several species (but especially PENICILLIUM CHRYSOGENUM) are sources of the antibiotic penicillin.
Publications305 found, 100 shown here
- Glucose oxidase from Penicillium amagasakiense. Primary structure and comparison with other glucose-methanol-choline (GMC) oxidoreductasesM Kiess
Department of Molecular Structure Research, Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung, Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Biochem 252:90-9. 1998The complete amino acid sequence of glucose oxidase from Penicillium amagasakiense was determined by Edman degradation and mass spectrometry of peptide fragments derived from three different specific proteolytic digests and a cyanogen ..
- Sex in Penicillium: combined phylogenetic and experimental approachesM López-Villavicencio
Origine, Structure, Evolution de la Diversité, UMR 7205 CNRS MNHN, Museum national d histoire naturelle, CP39, 57 rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Fungal Genet Biol 47:693-706. 2010We studied the mode of reproduction and its evolution in the fungal subgenus Penicillium Biverticillium using phylogenetic and experimental approaches...
- Penicinoline, a new pyrrolyl 4-quinolinone alkaloid with an unprecedented ring system from an endophytic fungus Penicillium spChang Lun Shao
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, The Ministry of Education of China, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, People s Republic of China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:3284-6. 2010..The structure of 1a was unambiguously confirmed by single-crystal X-ray analysis. Penicinoline (1) showed potent in vitro cytotoxicity toward 95-D and HepG2 cell lines with IC(50) values of 0.57 and 6.5 microg/mL, respectively...
- Characterization of beta-glucosidase from a strain of Penicillium purpurogenum KJS506Marimuthu Jeya
Department of Chemical Engineering, Konkuk University, Seoul, 143 701, South Korea
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:1473-84. 2010A novel beta-glucosidase (BGL)-producing strain was isolated and identified as Penicillium purpurogenum KJS506 based on its morphology and internal transcribed spacer (ITS) rDNA gene sequence...
- A fungal sexual revolution: Aspergillus and Penicillium show the wayPaul S Dyer
School of Biology, University Park, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, NG7 2RD, UK
Curr Opin Microbiol 14:649-54. 2011..Using experimental and genomic findings from Aspergillus and Penicillium species as examples, it is argued that evidence such as the presence and expression of apparently functional ..
- Germination of penicillium paneum Conidia is regulated by 1-octen-3-ol, a volatile self-inhibitorGilma S Chitarra
Laboratory of Food Microbiology, Wageningen University, 6703 HD Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:2823-9. 2004b>Penicillium paneum is an important contaminant of cereal grains which is able to grow at low temperature, low pH, high levels of carbon dioxide, and under acid conditions. P...
- Penicillium parvulum and Penicillium georgiense, sp. nov., isolated from the conidial heads of Aspergillus speciesStephen W Peterson
Microbial Genomics and Bioprocessing Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, U S Department of Agriculture, Peoria, Illinois 61604, USA
Mycologia 101:71-83. 2009Two new Penicillium species were isolated from peanut-field soils in Georgia. The species were noted particularly because they sporulated on the conidial heads of Aspergillus species...
- Differences in clinical and laboratory diagnostic characteristics of penicilliosis marneffei in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)- and non-HIV-infected patientsS S Wong
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong
J Clin Microbiol 39:4535-40. 2001..By a Penicillium marneffei-specific mannoprotein Mp1p enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, serum antigen titers were found to be ..
- Fungal indole alkaloid biosynthesis: genetic and biochemical investigation of the tryptoquialanine pathway in Penicillium aethiopicumXue Gao
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Am Chem Soc 133:2729-41. 2011..This work provides new genetic and biochemical insights into the biosynthesis of this group of fungal alkaloids, including the tremorgens related to 2...
- The plant growth-promoting fungus Penicillium simplicissimum GP17-2 induces resistance in Arabidopsis thaliana by activation of multiple defense signalsMd Motaher Hossain
United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Gifu University, Yanagido 1 1, Gifu, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 48:1724-36. 2007Arabidopsis thaliana grown in soil amended with barley grain inocula of Penicillium simplicissimum GP17-2 or receiving root treatment with its culture filtrate (CF) exhibited clear resistance to Pseudomonas syringae pv...
- Aspergillus and Penicillium allergens: focus on proteasesHorng Der Shen
Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shih Pai, Taipei, 11217, Taiwan
Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 7:351-6. 2007b>Penicillium and Aspergillus species are prevalent airborne fungi. It is imperative to identify and characterize their major allergens...
- A transcriptomic approach highlights induction of secondary metabolism in citrus fruit in response to Penicillium digitatum infectionLuis González-Candelas
Departamento de Ciencia de los Alimentos, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, Apartado de Correos 73, Burjassot, E46100 Valencia, Spain
BMC Plant Biol 10:194. 2010Postharvest losses of citrus fruit due to green mold decay, caused by the fungus Penicillium digitaum, have a considerable economic impact...
- Chemical epigenetics alters the secondary metabolite composition of guttate excreted by an atlantic-forest-soil-derived Penicillium citreonigrumXiaoru Wang
Natural Products Discovery Group, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 620 Parrington Oval, Room 208, and Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Program, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma 73019 3032, USA
J Nat Prod 73:942-8. 2010Chemical epigenetic manipulation of Penicillium citreonigrum led to profound changes in the secondary metabolite profile of its guttate...
- The G-protein alpha-subunit GasC plays a major role in germination in the dimorphic fungus Penicillium marneffeiSophie Zuber
Department of Genetics, University of Melbourne, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Genetics 164:487-99. 2003The opportunistic human pathogen Penicillium marneffei exhibits a temperature-dependent dimorphic switch. At 25 degrees, multinucleate, septate hyphae that can undergo differentiation to produce asexual spores (conidia) are produced...
- Disseminated Penicillium marneffei infection among HIV-infected patients in Manipur state, IndiaK H Ranjana
Department of Microbiology, J N Medical Hospital, Imphal 795001, Manipur, India
J Infect 45:268-71. 2002To further describe the clinical and epidemiological characteristics of Penicillium marneffei infection in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infected patients in India.
- Discrimination of Penicillium isolates by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry fingerprintingJustin M Hettick
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Health Effects Laboratory Division, 1095 Willowdale Road, Morgantown, WV 26505, USA
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 22:2555-60. 2008..spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) was used to generate highly reproducible mass spectral 'fingerprints' for twelve Penicillium species...
- Penicillium araracuarense sp. nov., Penicillium elleniae sp. nov., Penicillium penarojense sp. nov., Penicillium vanderhammenii sp. nov. and Penicillium wotroi sp. nov., isolated from leaf litterJos Houbraken
CBS KNAW Fungal Biodiversity Centre, PO Box 85167, 3508 AD Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:1462-75. 2011Several species of the genus Penicillium were isolated during a survey of the mycobiota of leaf litter and soil in Colombian Amazon forest. Five species, Penicillium penarojense sp. nov...
- Identity and effects of quorum-sensing inhibitors produced by Penicillium speciesThomas Bovbjerg Rasmussen
Center for Biomedical Microbiology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Microbiology 151:1325-40. 2005..During a screening of 100 extracts from 50 Penicillium species, 33 were found to produce QS inhibitory (QSI) compounds...
- Identification of novel hexapeptides bioactive against phytopathogenic fungi through screening of a synthetic peptide combinatorial libraryBelen Lopez-Garcia
Departamento de Ciencia de los Alimentos, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, E 46100 Valencia, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2453-60. 2002..PAF32 (Ac-rkwhfw-NH(2)), and PAF34 (Ac-rkwlfw-NH(2)) showed stronger activity than PAF19 against isolates of Penicillium digitatum, Penicillium italicum, and Botrytis cinerea...
- Penicillium marneffei infection and recent advances in the epidemiology and molecular biology aspectsNongnuch Vanittanakom
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Clin Microbiol Rev 19:95-110. 2006b>Penicillium marneffei infection is an important emerging public health problem, especially among patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus in the areas of endemicity in southeast Asia, India, and China. Within these regions, P...
- Low occurrence of patulin- and citrinin-producing species isolated from grapesM R Bragulat
Veterinary Mycology Group, Department of Animal Health and Anatomy, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Lett Appl Microbiol 47:286-9. 2008..To assess the ability of fungi isolated from grapes to produce patulin and citrinin...
- G-protein signaling mediates asexual development at 25 degrees C but has no effect on yeast-like growth at 37 degrees C in the dimorphic fungus Penicillium mameffeiSophie Zuber
Department of Genetics, University of Melbourne, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Eukaryot Cell 1:440-7. 2002The ascomycete Penicillium marneffei is an opportunistic human pathogen exhibiting a temperature-dependent dimorphic switch. At 25 degrees C, P...
- Microsatellite loci to recognize species for the cheese starter and contaminating strains associated with cheese manufacturingFrederic Giraud
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Departement Systematique et Evolution, UMR OSEB 7205, CP 39, 57 rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Int J Food Microbiol 137:204-13. 2010We report the development of 17 microsatellite markers in the cheese fungi Penicillium camemberti and P. roqueforti, using an enrichment protocol. Polymorphism and cross-amplification were explored using 23 isolates of P...
- High concentration ethanol production from corncob residues by fed-batch strategyKai Liu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, National Glycoengineering Research Center, Shangdong University, No 27 Shanda Nan Road, Jinan Shandong 250100, China
Bioresour Technol 101:4952-8. 2010..Simultaneous saccharification and fermentation (SSF) was performed by adding crude cellulase preparations from Penicillium decumbens JUA10-1 at 30 degrees C...
- High-level production of a thermoacidophilic beta-glucosidase from Penicillium citrinum YS40-5 by solid-state fermentation with rice branI Son Ng
Biotechnology Center in Southern Taiwan, Academia Sinica, 2F, No 22, Lane 31, Sec 1, Huandong Rd, Sinshih Township, Tainan 74146, Taiwan, ROC
Bioresour Technol 101:1310-7. 2010..pNPG) was achieved by rice bran-based solid-state fermentation (SSF) of the recently characterized fungus Penicillium citrinum YS40-5...
- Cloning, characterization and heterologous expression of the first Penicillium echinulatum cellulase geneM R Rubini
Department of Cellular Biology, Institute of Biological Sciences, University of Brasilia, Brasilia DF, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 108:1187-98. 2010b>Penicillium echinulatum is effective for bioconversion processes. However, nothing is known about the molecular biology of its cellulolytic system. We describe for the first time the isolation, cloning and expression of a P...
- Characterization and kinetic analysis of a thermostable GH3 beta-glucosidase from Penicillium brasilianumKristian B R M Krogh
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, Technical University of Denmark, Building 223, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 86:143-54. 2010A GH3 beta-glucosidase (BGL) from Penicillium brasilianum was purified to homogeneity after cultivation on a cellulose and xylan rich medium...
- Production of galacto-manno-oligosaccharides from guar gum by beta-mannanase from Penicillium oxalicum SOMasahiro Kurakake
Department of Applied Biological Science, Fukuyama University, Sanzou, Gakuenchou 1 banchi, Fukuyama, Hiroshima 729 0292, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 54:7885-9. 2006Beta-mannanase from Penicillium oxalicum SO efficiently hydrolyzed guar galactomannan to galacto-manno-oligosaccharides. Gel filtration estimated the molecular weight of the beta-mannanase as 35 000 and SDS-PAGE as 29 000...
- Antimicrobial properties of derivatives of the cationic tryptophan-rich hexapeptide PAF26Alberto Munoz
Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos IATA CSIC, Apartado de Correos 73, Burjassot, 46100 Valencia, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 354:172-7. 2007..PAF26 is a hexapeptide identified previously by a combinatorial approach against the fungus Penicillium digitatum and shows antimicrobial properties towards certain phytopathogenic fungi...
- Mold-inhibitory activity of different yeast species during airtight storage of wheat grainUlrika Adel Druvefors
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, P O Box 7025, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
FEMS Yeast Res 5:373-8. 2005The yeast Pichia anomala J121 inhibits spoilage by Penicillium roqueforti in laboratory and pilot studies with high-moisture wheat in malfunctioning airtight storage...
- A novel cellulase free alkaliphilic xylanase from alkali tolerant Penicillium citrinum: production, purification and characterizationT Dutta
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Science, Calcutta University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Lett Appl Microbiol 44:206-11. 2007..The enzymatic hydrolysis of xylan has potential economic and environment-friendly applications. Therefore, attention is focused here on the discovery of new extremophilic xylanase in order to meet the requirements of industry...
- Anti-tumor effects of Rubratoxin B on cell toxicity, inhibition of cell proliferation, cytotoxic activity and matrix metalloproteinase-2,9Tao Wang
Department of Pharmacognosy, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Kyoto 607 8412, Japan
Toxicol In Vitro 21:646-50. 2007..A bioassay-guided fractionation of soil fungus Penicillium purpurogenum fermentation, yielded the metabolite Rubratoxin B using morphological deformation of Pyricularia ..
- Filipin is a reliable in situ marker of ergosterol in the plasma membrane of germinating conidia (spores) of Penicillium discolor and stains intensively at the site of germ tube formationM R Van Leeuwen
Applied and Industrial Mycology, CBS Fungal Biodiversity Centre, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Microbiol Methods 74:64-73. 2008..Germinating conidia of Penicillium discolor stained with filipin, displayed a fluorescent cap at the location of germ tube appearance and ..
- Characterization of genetic and biochemical mechanisms of fludioxonil and pyrimethanil resistance in field isolates of Penicillium digitatumL Kanetis
Department of Plant Pathology, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Phytopathology 98:205-14. 2008Genetic and biochemical mechanisms of fludioxonil and pyrimethanil resistance in isolates of Penicillium digitatum were evaluated and compared to those characterized in other fungi...
- Physiological traits of Penicillium glabrum strain LCP 08.5568, a filamentous fungus isolated from bottled aromatized mineral waterL Nevarez
Universite Europeenne de Bretagne, France
Int J Food Microbiol 130:166-71. 2009b>Penicillium glabrum is a ubiquitous fungus distributed world wide. This fungus is a frequent contaminant in the food manufacturing industry...
- Studies on silver nanoparticles synthesized by a marine fungus, Penicillium fellutanum isolated from coastal mangrove sedimentK Kathiresan
Centre of Advanced Study in Marine Biology, Annamalai University, Parangipettai 608502, Tamil Nadu, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 71:133-7. 2009In this work, in vitro biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles was achieved using AgNO(3) as a substrate by Penicillium fellutanum isolated from coastal mangrove sediment...
- Genome shuffling improves production of cellulase by Penicillium decumbens JU-A10Y Cheng
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, National Glycoengineering Reserch Center, Shandong University, Jinan, China
J Appl Microbiol 107:1837-46. 2009Improvement of cellulase production of Penicillium decumbens by genome shuffling of an industrial catabolite-repression-resistant strain JU-A10 with its mutants.
- Sporicidal activity of synthetic antifungal undecapeptides and control of Penicillium rot of applesEsther Badosa
Laboratory of Plant Pathology, Institute of Food and Agricultural Technology CIDSAV XaRTA, University of Girona, Campus Montilivi, 17071 Girona, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:5563-9. 2009..A set of 15 sequences was screened in vitro against Fusarium oxysporum, Penicillium expansum, Aspergillus niger, and Rhizopus stolonifer. Most compounds were highly active against F...
- Natural formation of styrene by cinnamon mold floraJ L Lafeuille
McCormick France, McCormick Europe Central Analysis Laboratory, 84210 Carpentras, France
J Food Sci 74:M276-83. 2009..An investigation into the ability of the 5 species of mold to produce styrene showed that 3 of them--namely, Penicillium citrinum, Penicillium oxalicum, Aspergillus niger--produced styrene in vitro in buffered peptone water at 25 ..
- Atypical cutaneous lesions of Penicillium marneffei infection as a manifestation of the immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after highly active antiretroviral therapyLahari Saikia
Department of Microbiology, Assam Medical College, Dibrugarh 786 002, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 76:45-8. 2010b>Penicillium marneffei infections normally manifest as molluscum contagiosum like skin lesion in HIV-infected persons. We report a case with verrucous lesions over nose and face due to Penicillium marneffei infection after HAART treatment...
- Development of a highly efficient gene targeting system allowing rapid genetic manipulations in Penicillium decumbensZhong Hai Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, 27 Shanda South Road, Jinan, 250100, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 87:1065-76. 2010b>Penicillium decumbens is an important industrial filamentous fungus and has been widely used in biorefinery due to its high production of cellulase and hemicellulase...
- Clonality despite sex: the evolution of host-associated sexual neighborhoods in the pathogenic fungus Penicillium marneffeiDaniel A Henk
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College, Norfolk Place, London, United Kingdom
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002851. 2012..However, genetic data have shown the AIDS-associated pathogen Penicillium marneffei to have extensive spatial genetic structure at local and regional scales, and although there has been ..
- GH10 xylanase D from Penicillium funiculosum: biochemical studies and xylooligosaccharide productionMickael Lafond
Universite Paul Cezanne, Faculté des Sciences et Techniques Saint Jérôme, 13397 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Microb Cell Fact 10:20. 2011The filamentous fungus Penicillium funiculosum produces a range of glycoside hydrolases (GH). The XynD gene, encoding the sole P...
- Ameliorative symbiosis of endophyte (Penicillium funiculosum LHL06) under salt stress elevated plant growth of Glycine max LAbdul Latif Khan
School of Applied Biosciences, Kyungpook National University, Sangyuk Dong, Buk Gu, Daegu 702 701, South Korea
Plant Physiol Biochem 49:852-61. 2011..L cv. Hwangkeum-kong) growing under salinity stress. GMC-2A was identified as a new strain of Penicillium funiculosum on the basis of sequence homology and phylogenetic analysis of D1/D2 regions of 28S rDNA...
- Purification and characterization of vanillyl-alcohol oxidase from Penicillium simplicissimum. A novel aromatic alcohol oxidase containing covalently bound FADE de Jong
Department of Food Science, Agriculture University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Biochem 208:651-7. 1992Vanillyl-alcohol oxidase was purified 32-fold from Penicillium simplicissimum, grown on veratryl alcohol as its sole source of carbon and energy. SDS/PAGE of the purified enzyme reveals a single fluorescent band of 65 kDa...
- The mycobiota of three dry-cured meat products from SloveniaSilva Sonjak
Department of Biology, Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Vecna pot 111, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Food Microbiol 28:373-6. 2011..The predominant filamentous fungal genus isolated was Penicillium. Eurotium spp., Aspergillus versicolor and Cladosporium spp. were isolated from only two of the products...
- Transcriptomic profiling of citrus fruit peel tissues reveals fundamental effects of phenylpropanoids and ethylene on induced resistanceAna Rosa Ballester
Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas IATA CSIC, Valencia, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 12:879-97. 2011b>Penicillium spp. are the major postharvest pathogens of citrus fruit in Mediterranean climatic regions...
- Effect of heat shock treatment on stress tolerance and biocontrol efficacy of Metschnikowia fructicolaJia Liu
US Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service USDA ARS, Kearneysville, WV 25430, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 76:145-55. 2011..Additionally, HS-treated yeast exhibited significantly greater (P<0.0001) biocontrol activity against Penicillium expansum and a significantly faster (P<0...
- Ochratoxin A in airborne dust and fungal conidiaM A Skaug
Department of Agriculture and Natural Science, Hedmark College, Ridabu, Norway
Mycopathologia 151:93-8. 2001..08 to 0.21 mg/m3. Conidia collected from cultures of Penicillium verrucosum and Aspergillus ochraceus contained 0.4-0.7 and 0.02-0.06 pg OTA per conidium, respectively...
- The chitinolytic activity of Penicillium janthinellum P9: purification, partial characterization and potential applicationsR Di Giambattista
Dipartimento di Agrobiologia e Agrochimica, University of Tuscia, Viterbo-01100, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 91:498-505. 2001AIMS: To purify and characterize the chitinolytic activity of Penicillium janthinellum P9 and to evaluate possible uses of the purified enzymes in the control of fungal growth and spore germination...
- Complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the phytopathogenic fungus Penicillium digitatum and comparative analysis of closely related speciesXuepeng Sun
Institute of Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 323:29-34. 2011The complete mitochondrial genome of Penicillium digitatum (Pers.:Fr) Sacc is reported, the first time in a phytopathogenic Penicillium species...
- Genome sequence of the necrotrophic fungus Penicillium digitatum, the main postharvest pathogen of citrusMarina Marcet-Houben
Centre for Genomic Regulation, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Genomics 13:646. 2012b>Penicillium digitatum is a fungal necrotroph causing a common citrus postharvest disease known as green mold...
- Activation of the dormant secondary metabolite production by introducing gentamicin-resistance in a marine-derived Penicillium purpurogenum G59Yun Jing Chai
Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 27 Tai Ping Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100850, China
Mar Drugs 10:559-82. 2012..has been developed by introducing gentamicin-resistance to an originally inactive, marine-derived fungal strain Penicillium purpurogenum G59...
- Household airborne Penicillium associated with peak expiratory flow variability in asthmatic childrenKemp W Bundy
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy Immunology and Rheumatology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 103:26-30. 2009..Exposure to airborne fungi has been associated with increased airway hyperreactivity and asthma prevalence...
- Characterization of the endoglucanase and glucomannanase activities of a glycoside hydrolase family 45 protein from Penicillium decumbens 114-2Guodong Liu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Technology, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, P R China
J Gen Appl Microbiol 56:223-9. 2010..To our knowledge, this is the first report of characterization of a GH family 45 protein from Penicillium species...
- Azaphilone and isocoumarin derivatives from the endophytic fungus Penicillium sclerotiorum PSU-A13Jiraporn Arunpanichlert
Department of Chemistry and Center for Innovation in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1033-6. 2010..new isocoumarin, penicilisorin (3), together with six known compounds were isolated from the endophytic fungus Penicillium sclerotiorum PSU-A13. Their structures were identified by analysis of spectroscopic data...
- A taxonomic and ecological overview of cheese fungiJeanne Ropars
Museum national d histoire naturelle, Departement Systematique et Evolution, UMR MNHN CNRS 7205, CP 39, 57 rue Cuvier, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
Int J Food Microbiol 155:199-210. 2012..Apart from the emblematic species, Penicillium camemberti and Penicillium roqueforti, cheese fungi are not well known...
- Improvement of cellulase activity in Trichoderma reesei by heterologous expression of a beta-glucosidase gene from Penicillium decumbensLiang Ma
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Enzyme Microb Technol 49:366-71. 2011..In this study, a beta-glucosidase I coding sequence from Penicillium decumbens was ligated with the cellobiohydrolase I (cbh1) promoter of T...
- Triazole and dihydroimidazole alkaloids from the marine sediment-derived fungus Penicillium paneum SD-44Chun Shun Li
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanhai Road 7, Qingdao 266071, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 74:1331-4. 2011..and a very recently reported quinazolinone derivative (4) were isolated from the marine sediment-derived fungus Penicillium paneum SD-44...
- Penicillium astrolabium and Penicillium neocrassum, two new species isolated from grapes and their phylogenetic placement in the P. olsonii and P. brevicompactum cladeRita Serra
Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Mycologia 99:78-87. 2007We describe two new terverticillate Penicillium species isolated from grapes on the basis of phenotypic and phylogenetic differences from known species...
- Genital ulcer caused by Penicillium marneffei in an HIV-infected patientVamseedhar Annam
Sex Transm Infect 83:249-50. 2007
- Effect of chitin on the antagonistic activity of Cryptococcus laurentii against Penicillium expansum in pear fruitTing Yu
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310029, People s Republic of China
Int J Food Microbiol 122:44-8. 2008..chitin on the antagonistic activity of Cryptococcus laurentii against the postharvest blue mold rot caused by Penicillium expansum in pear fruit. The results showed that the antagonistic activity of C...
- MP1 encodes an abundant and highly antigenic cell wall mannoprotein in the pathogenic fungus Penicillium marneffeiL Cao
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong
Infect Immun 66:966-73. 1998..the MP1 gene, which encodes an abundant antigenic cell wall mannoprotein from the dimorphic pathogenic fungus Penicillium marneffei. MP1 is a unique gene without homologs in sequence databases...
- Multilocus sequence identification of Penicillium species in cork bark during plank preparation for the manufacture of stoppersRita Serra
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre of Biological Engineering, University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Res Microbiol 159:178-86. 2008Despite several studies reporting Penicillium as one of the most frequent fungal genera in cork planks, the isolates were rarely identified to species level...
- The protease allergen Pen c 13 induces allergic airway inflammation and changes in epithelial barrier integrity and function in a murine modelJui Chieh Chen
Graduate Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 286:26667-79. 2011..in response to continuous exposure to proteolytically active Pen c 13, a major allergen secreted by Penicillium citrinum...
- Chronic airway colonization by Penicillium emersonii in a patient with cystic fibrosisB Cimon
Laboratoire de Parasitologie Mycologie, CHU, Angers, France
Med Mycol 37:291-3. 1999b>Penicillium emersonii Stolk, the conidial state of Talaromyces emersoniii Stolk, is a heat-resistant fungus usually isolated from soil. In this paper the authors report, to our knowledge, the first human case in which P...
- Development and evaluation of rapid urinary antigen detection tests for diagnosis of penicilliosis marneffeiVarunee Desakorn
Clinical Infectious Diseases Research Unit, Department of Clinical Tropical Medicine, Faculty of Tropical Medicine Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Clin Microbiol 40:3179-83. 2002Penicilliosis, caused by the dimorphic fungus Penicillium marneffei, is an important opportunistic systemic fungal infection affecting immunocompromised individuals living in areas where penicilliosis is endemic...
- Discontinuation of secondary prophylaxis against penicilliosis marneffei in AIDS patients after HAARTRomanee Chaiwarith
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
AIDS 21:365-7. 2007..The observed incidence of relapse of penicilliosis marneffei was zero cases per 641 person-months (95% confidence interval 0-0.6 cases per person-month) after a median follow-up of 18 months (range 6-45)...
- A new species of Penicillium, P. ramulosum sp. nov., from the natural environmentCobus M Visagie
Department of Microbiology, University of Stellenbosch, Private Bag X1, Matieland, 7602, South Africa
Mycologia 101:888-95. 2009During a recent survey of Penicillium spp. from fynbos soils in the Western Cape Province of South Africa, several undescribed species were isolated...
- Characterization of the Penicillium chrysogenum antifungal protein PAFLydia Kaiserer
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Innsbruck, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, 6020, Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Microbiol 180:204-10. 2003The filamentous fungus Penicillium chrysogenum abundantly secretes the small, highly basic and cysteine-rich protein PAF ( Penicillium antifungal protein). In this study, the antifungal activity of PAF is described...
- Use of chemosensitization to overcome fludioxonil resistance in Penicillium expansumJ H Kim
Plant Mycotoxin Research Unit, Western Regional Research Center, USDA ARS, Albany, CA, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 51:177-83. 2010To overcome fludioxonil resistance of Penicillium expansum, a mycotoxigenic fungal pathogen causing postharvest decay in apple, by using natural phenolic chemosensitizing agents.
- Citrate efflux in glucose-limited and glucose-sufficient chemostat culture of Penicillium simplicissiumM Gallmetzer
Institute of Microbiology, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 79:81-7. 2001Citrate excretion by Penicillium simplicissimum was investigated in a chemostat. Carbon-limited grown P. simplicissimum did not excrete no citrate. Citrate was excreted, however, when growth was nitrogen-limited...
- [A comparative analysis of the clinical and laboratory characteristics in disseminated penicilliosis marneffei in patients with and without human immunodeficiency virus infection]Jian Quan Zhang
Department of Respiratory Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning 530022, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 31:740-6. 2008..To study the differences in the clinical and laboratory characteristics of disseminated penicilliosis marneffei (PSM) in patients with and without human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- A simple method for extraction of fungal genomic DNAT H Al-Samarrai
Institute of Molecular Biosciences, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Lett Appl Microbiol 30:53-6. 2000..flavus, Fusarium graminarum, Neotyphodium lolii, Penicillium citrinum and Rhizopus nigricanes. The DNA was digestible with EcoRI, HindIII, SalI and BamHI...
- Molecular basis for mycophenolic acid biosynthesis in Penicillium brevicompactumTorsten Bak Regueira
Department of Systems Biology, Technical University of Denmark, 2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:3035-43. 2011..synthase (PKS), MpaC, which we successfully characterized and identified as responsible for MPA production in Penicillium brevicompactum...
- Detection of specific antibodies to an antigenic mannoprotein for diagnosis of Penicillium marneffei penicilliosisL Cao
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong
J Clin Microbiol 36:3028-31. 1998The disseminated and progressive fungal disease Penicillium marneffei penicilliosis is one of the most common infectious diseases in AIDS patients in Southeast Asia...
- Versatile enzyme expression and characterization system for Aspergillus nidulans, with the Penicillium brevicompactum polyketide synthase gene from the mycophenolic acid gene cluster as a test caseBjarne G Hansen
Technical University of Denmark, Department of Systems Biology, Center for Microbial Biotechnology, Building 223, 2800 Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:3044-51. 2011..We have demonstrated the potential of the system by transferring the 7,745-bp large mpaC gene from Penicillium brevicompactum to A. nidulans...
- Citrinin dimers from the halotolerant fungus Penicillium citrinum B-57Zhen Yu Lu
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Chinese Ministry of Education, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 71:543-6. 2008..for structurally novel and bioactive natural compounds from microorganisms, a halotolerant fungal strain, Penicillium citrinum B-57, which mainly produces citrinin derivatives, was isolated from sediments collected from the ..
- Purification, immobilization and characterization of tannase from Penicillium variableShashi Sharma
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110 021, India
Bioresour Technol 99:2544-51. 2008Tannase from Penicillium variable IARI 2031 was purified by a two-step purification strategy comprising of ultra-filtration using 100 kDa molecular weight cutoff and gel-filtration using Sephadex G-200...
- Role of Cannomys badius as a natural animal host of Penicillium marneffei in IndiaHarish Gugnani
Department of Medical Mycology, University of Delhi, India
J Clin Microbiol 42:5070-5. 2004Infection by Penicillium marneffei in human immunodeficiency virus-positive patients in India has recently been described; the aim of our study was to survey wild rodents and their associated environment in order to identify the natural ..
- Voriconazole as therapy for systemic Penicillium marneffei infections in AIDS patientsKhuanchai Supparatpinyo
Faculty of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease, Chiang Mai University, 110 Intavaroros Road, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:350-3. 2007..The objective of this study was to evaluate the triazole anti-fungal agent, voriconazole, as therapy for systemic Penicillium marneffei infections in patients with advanced HIV infection. Patients with systemic P...
- Detection of cell wall mannoprotein Mp1p in culture supernatants of Penicillium marneffei and in sera of penicilliosis patientsL Cao
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong
J Clin Microbiol 37:981-6. 1999..The MP1 gene encodes a cell wall mannoprotein of the pathogenic fungus Penicillium marneffei...
- Studies on the mode of action of the antifungal hexapeptide PAF26Alberto Munoz
Instituto de Agroquímica y Tecnología de Alimentos IATA, Apartado de Correos 73, Burjassot, E 46100 Valencia, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:3847-55. 2006..In this work, we investigated the mode of action and inhibitory effects of PAF26 on the fungus Penicillium digitatum. The dye Sytox Green was used to demonstrate that PAF26 induced cell permeation...
- Identification of the viridicatumtoxin and griseofulvin gene clusters from Penicillium aethiopicumYit Heng Chooi
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Chem Biol 17:483-94. 2010b>Penicillium aethiopicum produces two structurally interesting and biologically active polyketides: the tetracycline-like viridicatumtoxin 1 and the classic antifungal agent griseofulvin 2...
- Ambient pH stress inhibits spore germination of Penicillium expansum by impairing protein synthesis and folding: a proteomic-based studyBoqiang Li
Key Laboratory of Photosynthesis and Environmental Molecular Physiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100093, China
J Proteome Res 9:298-307. 2010..In this study, effects of ambient pH on spore germination were determined by culturing spores of Penicillium expansum in medium with pH values at 2.0, 5.0 and 8...
- Penicillium marneffei infection presenting as an immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in an HIV patientA Ho
The Infection, Tropical Medicine and Counselling Services, Brownlee Centre, Gartnavel General Hospital, Glasgow, UK
Int J STD AIDS 21:780-2. 2010We describe a case of Penicillium marneffei infection acquired in Thailand, manifesting as an immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS) in a Caucasian man with advanced HIV-related immunosuppression (CD4 72 cells/mm³)...
- Genomic and experimental evidence for a potential sexual cycle in the pathogenic thermal dimorphic fungus Penicillium marneffeiPatrick C Y Woo
Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
FEBS Lett 580:3409-16. 2006..fumigatus and Aspergillus nidulans and a putative MAT-1 alpha box mating-type gene were present in the Penicillium marneffei genome...
- Influence of light on food relevant fungi with emphasis on ochratoxin producing speciesMarkus Schmidt-Heydt
Department for Safety and Quality of Fruit and Vegetables, Max Rubner Institut, Haid und Neu Str 9, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Int J Food Microbiol 145:229-37. 2011..niger, A. steynii and on Penicillium nordicum and P. verrucosum was analysed...
- Clinical presentations and outcomes of Penicillium marneffei infections: a series from 1994 to 2004T C Wu
Department of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, 30 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 14:103-9. 2008To describe the clinical presentation, management, and outcomes of patients with Penicillium marneffei infections in a regional hospital in Hong Kong.
- Multilocus microsatellite typing system for Penicillium marneffei reveals spatially structured populationsMatthew C Fisher
Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, London W2 1PG, UK
J Clin Microbiol 42:5065-9. 2004..Here, we describe the application of an MLMT system to the emerging pathogenic fungus Penicillium marneffei...
- Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and dectin-1 contribute to the production of IL-12p40 by bone marrow-derived dendritic cells infected with Penicillium marneffeiKiwamu Nakamura
Department of Infection Control and Laboratory Diagnostics, Internal Medicine, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Microbes Infect 10:1223-7. 2008..TLR4 and dectin-1 in the production of IL-12p40 by bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (BM-DCs) infected with Penicillium marneffei...
- Penicillium species endophytic in coffee plants and ochratoxin A productionFernando E Vega
Insect Biocontrol Laboratory, US Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, BARC W, Beltsville, Maryland 20705, USA
Mycologia 98:31-42. 2006..DNA was extracted from a set of isolates visually recognized as Penicillium, and the internal transcribed spacer region and partial LSU-rDNA was amplified and sequenced...
- Delimitation of Penicillium virgatum sp. nov. and P. daleae on the basis of morphological and molecular charactersHanna Kwaśna
Department of Forest Pathology, Agriculture University, ul Wojska Polskiego 71 c, 60 625 Poznan, Poland
Mycol Res 109:974-82. 2005b>Penicillium virgatum sp. nov. is described from the soil of a soybean field in New Caledonia. Its delimitation from P. daleae, isolated from forest soils in Poland and Germany, is discussed...
- Development and evaluation of loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) for the rapid diagnosis of Penicillium marneffei in archived tissue samplesJiufeng Sun
Department of Dermatology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 58:381-8. 2010b>Penicillium marneffei is the etiologic agent of a severe systemic disease in immunocompromised hosts in Southeast Asia...
- Molecular analysis of two cytochrome P450 monooxygenase genes required for paxilline biosynthesis in Penicillium paxilli, and effects of paxilline intermediates on mammalian maxi-K ion channelsL K McMillan
Centre for Functional Genomics, Institute of Molecular Biosciences, College of Sciences, Massey University, Private Bag 11 222, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Mol Genet Genomics 270:9-23. 2003The gene cluster required for paxilline biosynthesis in Penicillium paxilli contains two cytochrome P450 monooxygenase genes, paxP and paxQ...
- Efflux of organic acids in Penicillium simplicissimum is an energy-spilling process, adjusting the catabolic carbon flow to the nutrient supply and the activity of catabolic pathwaysMartin Gallmetzer
Institute of Microbiology, Leopold Franzens University of Innsbruck, Technikerstrasse 25, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Microbiology 148:1143-9. 2002..ammonium, nitrate or phosphate limitation on the excretion of tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle intermediates by Penicillium simplicissimum...
- Comparison of modular and non-modular xylanases as carrier proteins for the efficient secretion of heterologous proteins from Penicillium funiculosumM J C Alcocer
School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Nottingham, University Park, NG7 2RD, Nottingham
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 60:726-32. 2003Genes encoding three enzymes with xylanase activity from the filamentous fungus Penicillium funiculosum are described...
- [A case of disseminated Penicillium marneffei infection in a liver transplant recipient]Ja Young Seo
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Genetics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Lab Med 30:400-5. 2010b>Penicillium marneffei is the only dimorphic fungus among Penicillium spp. that can cause a fatal infection in immunocompromised patients. P. marneffei is endemic in Southeast Asia and eastern China. P...
- Novel bioactive breviane spiroditerpenoids from Penicillium brevicompactum DierckxF A Macias
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Cadiz, Apdo 40, 11510 Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
J Org Chem 65:9039-46. 2000..B, C, D, and E, potential allelopathic agents, have been determined from extracts of semisolid fermented Penicillium brevicompactum Dierckx. The structures display the novel breviane spiroditerpenoid skeleton...
- Conidiation induction in PenicilliumTomás Roncal
Unidad de Bioquímica 2, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad del Pais Vasco, PO Box 1072, 20080 San Sebastian, Spain
Res Microbiol 154:539-46. 2003..The aim of this review is to summarize the current advances in conidiation induction in the genus Penicillium, and to put them into context with the state of our knowledge stemming from work in widely studied fungal model ..
- Cloning, characterization and differential expression of an hsp70 gene from the pathogenic dimorphic fungus, Penicillium marneffeiAksarakorn Kummasook
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
DNA Seq 18:385-94. 2007A gene encoding heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70) of Penicillium marneffei was isolated and characterized. The structure of P...
- TAS::75 0862::TASMartin D Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2010..versicolor, Stachybotrys and Penicillium spp...
- Enantioselective Total Synthesis of Marcfortine B via SmI2-mediated C-C Bond FormTIMOTHY KUM BENG; Fiscal Year: 2013..Marcfortines A, B, and C are fungal metabolites of Penicillium roqueforti. To date, an enantioselective synthesis of the marcfortines has not been reported...
- Health Effects of CREON2000 In Asthmatic ChildrenMark Glazman; Fiscal Year: 2003..will include air and settled dust samples to analyze allergens (dust mite, cat, dog, cockroach and Aspergillus, Penicillium, Cladosporium and Alternaria mold spores) and bacterial and endotoxin levels in the child's bedroom...
- Remediation Process for Aflatoxin Contaminated FoodsADRIAN DENVIR; Fiscal Year: 2002Mycotoxins are carcinogenic compounds that are produced by Aspergillus, Penicillium and Fusarium molds on agricultural produce and affect up to 25 per cent of the worlds food crops...
- Inhibitors of transcription of fungal glucan synthaseClaude Selitrennikoff; Fiscal Year: 2003..at least in the ascomycetes, and appears to be very similar in human pathogens including Candida albicans, Penicillium spp., and Aspergillus spp...
- DNA DAMAGE AND MUTAGENICITY OF OCHRATOXIN ARichard Manderville; Fiscal Year: 2002..OTA is a mycotoxin produced by several species of Aspergillus and Penicillium fungi. It is widely found in food products, particularly in northern climates of Europe and North America...
- Taxol Production with a Novel Fermentation ReactorTODD MCADAMS; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ultimate objective is a commercially viable route to Taxol based on an optimized strain of Penicillium raistrickii, an optimized fermentation protocol and a high-intensity, low shear fermentation reactor...
- SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE NATURAL PRODUCTSBARRY SNIDER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In the course of these studies new methods will be developed that are of general utility for preparing drugs more economically. ..
- Structure of Microsomal Enzymes in Estrogen BiosynthesisDebashis Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- NMR systems : 2 Bruker Avance 500 ConsolesAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2006..The areas of public health research include, among others, cancer, infectious diseases, neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, and heart and cardiovascular disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Technologies for the rapid engineering of bacterial chromosomes with synthetic DNJAMES KEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Design/Advanced Electrostatic Sampler for Total BioaerosolsGediminas Mainelis; Fiscal Year: 2007..The research findings and practical recommendations developed in this research will be disseminated to stakeholders through internet, national and international conferences and workshops. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Synthesis of Macrolides, Steroids, Cyclopentanoids, etc.BARRY TROST; Fiscal Year: 2009..These new synthetic methods apply to many structural types beyond those illustrated and constitutes a significant to gain access to complex molecular targets more easily. ..
- Molecular epidemiologic identification of pneumococcal tissue specific genesMELINDA MARY PETTIGREW; Fiscal Year: 2010..A greater understanding of the genetic factors that influence the virulence potential of pneumococcal clones is critical to our ability to develop effective methods to control, prevent, and treat these important infections. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF SPONGISTATIN ANTITUMOR AGENTSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Duke Center for Geospatial Medicine (RMI)Marie Lynn Miranda; Fiscal Year: 2006..Using neural tube defects as a prototype health endpoint, we will develop a generalized framework for applying these methods to a wide variety of health endpoints, including autism, asthma, ADHD, and obesity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Evaluation of Portable Samplers for Viable BioaerosolsGediminas Mainelis; Fiscal Year: 2006..Future directions of this research will be development of a portable bioaerosol sampler, sampling characteristics of which follow conventions for inhalable, thoracic and respirable particles. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Discovery for Pneumococcal Otitis MediaMelinda Pettigrew; Fiscal Year: 2005..Discovery of additional factors involved in streptococcal OM will facilitate the development of new strategies for the control and prevention of this important disease. ..
- Design and Synthesis of HIV-1 Protease InhibitorsAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- North Carolina Needs Assessment for Oral Cancer ControlLauren Patton; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Metabolic Engineering of Yeast for Polyketide ProductionJAMES KEALEY; Fiscal Year: 2002..PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: A generic overproducing yeast strain will enable production of commercially valuable polyketides with significant cost and time savings over existing native host organisms and production methods. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF CHLOROPEPTINS, GP120 CD4 BINDING INHIBITORSAMOS SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- REDUCED DRUG INTERACTIONS OF AZOLE ANTIFUNGAL DRUGSJoseph Gal; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..