Summary: A mitosporic Saccharomycetales fungal genus, various species of which have been isolated from pulmonary lesions. Teleomorphs include Dipodascus and Galactomyces.
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Carbon and nitrogen substrates consumption, ammonia release and proton transfer in relation with growth of Geotrichum candidum and Penicillium camemberti on a solid mediumMazen Aldarf
Laboratoire des Procédés de Séparation Unité associée INRA, Universite de Rennes I, Campus de Beaulieu, Bat 10A, 263, Avenue du General Leclerc, CS 74205, 35042, Cedex, Rennes, France
J Biotechnol 95:99-108. 2002..This has been carried out for Geotrichum candidum and Penicillium camemberti growing on a gelified lactic acid+peptone medium...
- Proteolytic yeasts isolated from raw, ripe tomatoes and metabiotic association of Geotrichum candidum with SalmonellaWendy N Wade
Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia, 1109 Experiment Street, Griffin, GA 30223 1797, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 86:101-11. 2003..hansenii and Trichosporon pullulans, and one strain each of Cryptococcus humicolus, Cryptococcus laurentii, Geotrichum candidum, and Sporidiobolus pararoseus...
- Antimalarial dihydroisocoumarins produced by Geotrichum sp., an endophytic fungus of Crassocephalum crepidioidesPalangpon Kongsaeree
Department of Chemistry and Center for Protein Structure and Function, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama VI Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Nat Prod 66:709-11. 2003..and antifungal activities have been isolated by bioassay-guided fractionation from an endophytic fungus, Geotrichum sp., collected from Crassocephalum crepidioides...
- Detection of the sour-rot pathogen Geotrichum candidum in tomato fruit and juice by using a highly specific monoclonal antibody-based ELISAChristopher R Thornton
University of Exeter, Exeter, United Kingdom
Int J Food Microbiol 143:166-72. 2010b>Geotrichum candidum is a common soil-borne fungus that causes sour-rot of tomatoes, citrus fruits and vegetables, and is a major contaminant on tomato processing equipment...
- The interrelationships of actin and hyphal tip growth in the ascomycete Geotrichum candidumI Brent Heath
Biology Department, York University, 4700 Keele Street, Toronto, Ont M3J1P3, Canada
Fungal Genet Biol 38:85-97. 2003b>Geotrichum candidum is unusual among reported hyphal ascomycetes in that its hyphae readily stain with phalloidin to reveal actin concentrated in the Spitzenkörper (SPK) and plaques associated with the plasma membrane (PM)...
- A thermostable lipase produced by a newly isolated Geotrichum-like strain, R59G Ginalska
Department of Biochemistry, Maria Curie Skłodowska University, 20 031 Lublin, Poland
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 31:177-82. 2004Growth and production of lipase by a new Geotrichum-like strain, R59, were studied...
- Invasive infections caused by Trichosporon species and Geotrichum capitatum in patients with hematological malignancies: a retrospective multicenter study from Italy and review of the literatureCorrado Girmenia
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita La Sapienza, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 43:1818-28. 2005..Of the 52 cases identified, 17 were classified as Trichosporon sp. infections and 35 were attributed to Geotrichum capitatum. Acute myeloid leukemia accounted for 65.4% of the cases. The incidence rates of Trichosporon sp...
- The crystal structure of a xyloglucan-specific endo-beta-1,4-glucanase from Geotrichum sp. M128 xyloglucanase reveals a key amino acid residue for substrate specificityKatsuro Yaoi
Institute for Biological Resources and Functions, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
FEBS J 276:5094-100. 2009b>Geotrichum sp. M128 possesses two xyloglucan-specific glycoside hydrolases belonging to family 74, xyloglucan-specific endo-beta-1,4-glucanase (XEG) and oligoxyloglucan reducing-end-specific cellobiohydrolase (OXG-RCBH)...
- Optimization of extracellular lipase production by Geotrichum sp. using factorial designJ F M Burkert
Department of Food Engineering, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, UNICAMP SP, CP 6121, CEP 13081 970, Campinas, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 91:77-84. 2004..and glucose) and nitrogen source concentrations (corn steep liquor and NH(4)NO(3)) on the lipase production by Geotrichum sp. The experiment included a 2(4) central composite rotatable design (CCRD) and four others 2(3) CCRD...
- Separation and characterization of two molecular forms of Geotrichum candidum lipaseA Sugihara
Osaka Municipal Technical Research Institute
J Biochem 107:426-30. 1990Southern blot analysis of the Geotrichum candidum genome with a cloned lipase cDNA as the probe indicated the existence of two genes on the chromosome of the fungus which are homologous to the cDNA...
- Disseminated Geotrichum capitatum infection with predominant liver involvement in a patient with non Hodgkin's lymphomaN Amft
3rd Division of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Italy
Haematologica 81:352-5. 1996b>Geotrichum capitatum is an emerging opportunistic pathogen which causes invasive disease in immunocompromized patients. We describe a patient with non Hodgkin's lymphoma and disseminated infection by G...
- Interests in Geotrichum candidum for cheese technologyR Boutrou
Unité Mixte de Recherche INRA Agrocampus, Sciences et Technologie du Lait et de l Oeuf, 65 rue de Saint Brieuc, 32042 Rennes cedex, France
Int J Food Microbiol 102:1-20. 2005The wide genotypic and phenotypic diversity of Geotrichum candidum strains does not facilitate its classification as yeast or a yeast-like fungus that is still a matter of debate. Whatever its classification, G...
- Re-examination of some species of the genus Geotrichum Link: FrM T Smith
Centraalbureau voor Schimmelcultures, Yeast Division, Delft, The Netherlands
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 77:71-81. 2000The nutritional physiology and the growth rate of thirty-four strains representing species of Geotrichum without known teleomorph states were examined. From twenty-seven strains the mol% G+C were calculated from the DNA melting curves...
- Identification of Geotrichum candidum at the species and strain level: proposal for a standardized protocolS Gente
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Alimentaire, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Esplanade de la Paix, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 33:1019-31. 2006In this study, the M13 primer was used to distinguish Geotrichum candidum from the anamorphic and teleomorphic forms of other arthrospore-forming species (discriminatory power = 0.99)...
- Aspergillus galactomannan enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay cross-reactivity caused by invasive Geotrichum capitatumMareva Giacchino
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, University La Sapienza of Rome, Via Benevento 6, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 44:3432-4. 2006We report three cases of invasive Geotrichum capitatum infection in patients with acute leukemia for which an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for Aspergillus galactomannan was positive, with no evidence of aspergillosis...
- In vitro susceptibility testing of Geotrichum capitatum: comparison of the E-test, disk diffusion, and Sensititre colorimetric methods with the NCCLS M27-A2 broth microdilution reference methodC Girmenia
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie Cellulari ed Ematologia, Universita, Pfizer Italia SpA, Rome, Italy
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3985-8. 2003..activities of amphotericin B, flucytosine, fluconazole, itraconazole, and voriconazole against 23 isolates of Geotrichum capitatum were determined by the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards (NCCLS) M27-A2 ..
- Fungi isolated from contaminated baled grass silage on farms in the Irish MidlandsMartin O'Brien
Teagasc, Grange Research Centre, Dunsany, Co Meath, Ireland
FEMS Microbiol Lett 247:131-5. 2005..Other moulds isolated were Penicillium paneum, Geotrichum, Fusarium and mucoraceous species...
- Inhibition of citrus postharvest pathogens by vapor of citral and related compounds in cultureErminawati Wuryatmo
School of Agriculture and Wine, The University of Adelaide, Waite Campus, PMB1, Glen Osmond, SA 5064, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 51:2637-40. 2003..and its related compounds were examined for their effect on Penicillium digitatum, Penicillium italicum, and Geotrichum candidum, the major fungi responsible for postharvest spoilage of citrus...
- Dual influence of the carbon source and L-methionine on the synthesis of sulphur compounds in the cheese-ripening yeast Geotrichum candidumK Arfi
Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 61:359-65. 2003The effect of the carbon source and l-methionine on the ability of Geotrichum candidum to produce volatile sulphur compounds (VSC) was studied...
- Fatal Blastoschizomyces capitatus sepsis in a neutropenic patient with acute myeloid leukemia: first documented case from GreeceG Christakis
Mycoses 48:216-20. 2005Blastoschizomyces capitatus (formerly known as Geotrichum capitatum and Trichosporon capitatum) is a rare, yet an emerging, cause of invasive infections in immunosuppressed patients...
- Isolation, identification and antifungal susceptibility of lemon pathogenic and non pathogenic fungiMaría Cristina Maldonado
Instituto de Biotecnologia, Facultad de Bioquimica, Quimica y Farmacia, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Rev Iberoam Micol 22:57-9. 2005..the fungi Fusarium oxysporum, Fusarium moniliforme, Aspergillus niger, Aspergillus flavus, Aspergillus clavatus, Geotrichum candidum, Rhizopus sp, Penicillium sp, Penicillium digitatum and Mucor sp were studied...
- Effect of water activity and temperature on germination and growth of Penicillium digitatum, P. italicum and Geotrichum candidumP Plaza
Postharvest Unit, CeRTA, Centre UdL IRTA, Rovira Roure Avenue, Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 94:549-54. 2003..99-0.87) and their interactions on the germination rates, lag times prior to germination and mycelial growth 'in vitro' of Penicillium digitatum, P. italicum and Geotrichum candidum, the main postharvest pathogens affecting citrus fruits.
- Catabolism of volatile sulfur compounds precursors by Brevibacterium linens and Geotrichum candidum, two microorganisms of the cheese ecosystemKenza Arfi
Department of Food and Fermentation Engineering, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, LGMPA, CBAI, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Biotechnol 105:245-53. 2003Two Brevibacterium linens strains and the cheese-ripening yeast Geotrichum candidum were compared with regard to their ability to produce volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) from three different precursors namely L-methionine, 4-methylthio-2-..
- Geotrichum candidum septicemia in a child with hepatoblastomaNicolas Andre
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:86. 2004
- Diffusion of lactate and ammonium in relation to growth of Geotrichum candidum at the surface of solid mediaM Aldarf
Universite de Rennes I, Laboratoire des Procédés de Séparation UPRES EA 3191, UC I N R A, Campus de Beaulieu, Batiment 10A, CS 74205, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:69-80. 2004b>Geotrichum candidum was cultivated at the surface of solid model media containing peptone to simulate the composition of Camembert cheese. The surface growth of G...
- Controlled production of Camembert-type cheeses. Part I: Microbiological and physicochemical evolutionsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et de Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires INRA, INA P G, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 71:346-54. 2004..Model cheeses were prepared from pasteurized milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti and Brevibacterium linens under aseptic conditions...
- Effect of water activity and temperature on competing abilities of common postharvest citrus fungiPilar Plaza
Postharvest Unit, CeRTA, Centre UdL IRTA, 177 Rovira Roure Avenue, 25198 Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 90:75-82. 2004..995-0.90) on the 'in vitro' interactions between Penicillium digitatum, Penicillium italicum and Geotrichum candidum were evaluated...
- Controlled production of Camembert-type cheeses. Part II. Changes in the concentration of the more volatile compoundsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires INRA INA P G, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 71:355-66. 2004..Camembert-type cheeses were prepared in duplicate from pasteurized milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti and Brevibacterium linens under aseptic conditions...
- [Filamentous fungi and mycotoxins as potential occupational risk factors among farmers harvesting various crops]Ewa Krysinska-Traczyk
Zakładu Biologicznych Szkodliwości Zawodowych, Instytutu Medycyny Wsi w Lublinie
Med Pr 54:133-8. 2003..0 cfu/g.10(3) and from 275.0 to 2825.0 cfu/g.10(3), respectively Allergizing and toxigenic fungi of Alternaria, Geotrichum, Cladosporium, Penicillium, Aspergillus and Fusarium species were observed in the study samples of grain and ..
- Does smearing inoculum reflect the bacterial composition of the smear at the end of the ripening of a French soft, red-smear cheese?C Feurer
Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, INRA, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 87:3189-97. 2004..Therefore, fitness and colonization potential of smearing inocula should be carefully assessed by the industry before use. The use of Arthrobacter strains as part of the smearing inoculum should be evaluated...
- Development and validation of a plate technique for screening of microorganisms that produce volatile sulfur compoundsHugues Guichard
Adria Normandie, Boulevard du 13 Juin 1944, BP2, F 14310 Villers Bocage, France
Anal Biochem 338:299-305. 2005..Using this method, 18 Geotrichum candidum strains isolated from cheeses were compared, and the color intensity was found to be correlated with ..
- Submerged cultures of Geotrichum candidum and Penicillium camembertii on amino acids and glucoseAbdeltif Amrane
Laboratoire des Procédés de Séparation, UPRES EA3191, UC INRA, Universite de Rennes 1, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
J Gen Appl Microbiol 49:251-5. 2003
- Phytate degradation by micro-organisms in synthetic media and pea flourM Fredrikson
Department of Food Science, Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden
J Appl Microbiol 93:197-204. 2002..To screen micro-organisms for the ability to produce phytase enzyme(s) and to use promising strains for the fermentation of pea flour...
- Reconstruction of the biomass history from carbon and nitrogen substrate consumption, ammonia release and proton transfer during solid cultures of Geotrichum candidum and Penicillium camembertiiM Aldarf
Laboratoire des Procédés de Séparation, UPRES EA 3191, UC INRA, Universite de Rennes 1, Campus de Beaulieu, Bat 10A, CS 74205, 35042 Rennes Cedex, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 58:823-9. 2002b>Geotrichum candidumand Penicillium camembertii were cultivated on the surface of a gelified medium, simulating the composition of the aqueous phase of a Camembert cheese...
- The inhibitory effect of Penicillium camemberti and Geotruchum candidum on the associated funga of white mould cheeseMarianne Decker
Centre for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum, Technical University of Denmark, Sølvtofts Plads Building 221, DK 2800, Kgs Lyngby, Denmark
Int J Food Microbiol 104:51-60. 2005..camemberti. No correlation of any kind was found in the pour-plated spore concentration totals by the inhibition of the C. herbarum and P. roqueforti contaminants whereas P. caseifulvum and P. commune were sensitive to this...
- Levels of cystathionine gamma lyase production by Geotrichum candidum in synthetic media and correlation with the presence of sulphur flavours in cheeseStéphanie Gente
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Alimentaire, EA 3213, Institut de Biologie Fondamentale et Appliquée, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Esplanade de la Paix, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
Int J Food Microbiol 114:136-42. 2007b>Geotrichum candidum is a cheese-ripening agent with the potential to produce sulphur flavour compounds in soft cheeses. We aimed to develop an alternative test for predicting the aromatic (sulphur flavours) potential of G...
- Ammonia production and its possible role as a mediator of communication for Debaryomyces hansenii and other cheese-relevant yeast speciesK Gori
Department of Food Science, Food Microbiology, The Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 90:5032-41. 2007..production of single colonies of Debaryomyces hansenii, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Yarrowia lipolytica, and Geotrichum candidum was determined on glycerol medium (GM) agar and cheese agar...
- Effect of antifungal treatment in a murine model of blastoschizomycosisCarolina Serena
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Carrer Sant Llorenç, 21 43201 Reus, Spain
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:79-83. 2007..High-dose fluconazole was the most effective drug at prolonging the survival of mice and at reducing fungal burden in the kidneys, spleen and liver...
- Geotrichum candidum dominates in yeast population dynamics in Livarot, a French red-smear cheeseSandra Larpin
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Alimentaire, Université de Caen Basse Normandie Caen cedex, France
FEMS Yeast Res 6:1243-53. 2006..A real-time PCR method was developed to quantify the four main yeast species: Debaryomyces hansenii, Geotrichum candidum, Kluyveromyces sp. and Yarrowia lipolytica. Culture and molecular approaches showed that G...
- Development of primers for detecting dominant yeasts in smear-ripened cheesesStéphanie Gente
Laboratoire de Microbiologie Alimentaire, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, Esplanade de la Paix, 14032 Caen Cedex, France
J Dairy Res 74:137-45. 2007..primers were developed for the specific detection of Clavispora lusitaniae, Debaryomyces hansenii var hansenii, Geotrichum candidum, Kluyveromyces lactis and K...
- Controlled production of camembert-type cheeses: part III role of the ripening microflora on free fatty acid concentrationsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et de Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires UMR G M P A, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 74:218-25. 2007..Camembert-type cheeses were prepared in duplicate from pasteurised milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti, and Brevibacterium aurantiacum under aseptic conditions...
- Comparison of volatile sulphur compound production by cheese-ripening yeasts from methionine and methionine-cysteine mixturesM López Del Castillo-Lozano
UMR782 GMPA, AgroParisTech INRA, INRA Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 75:1447-54. 2007..mixtures, using five cheese-ripening yeasts: Debaryomyces hansenii DH47(8), Kluyveromyces lactis KL640, Geotrichum candidum GC77, Yarrowia lipolytica YL200 and Saccharomyces cerevisiae SC45(3)...
- Use of the selective agar medium CREAD for monitoring the level of airborne spoilage moulds in cheese productionCathrine Finne Kure
Norwegian Food Research Institute, Oslov 1, 1430 As, Norway
Int J Food Microbiol 122:29-34. 2008..The conclusion from the investigation is that it is recommended to use a selective medium for cheese spoilage moulds, such as CREAD in hygienic monitoring...
- Combined therapies in a murine model of blastoschizomycosisCarolina Serena
Unitat de Microbiologia, Facultat de Medicina i Ciencies de la Salut, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2608-10. 2007..However, such combinations can constitute therapeutic options for those cases where fluconazole fails...
- Effects of atmospheric composition on respiratory behavior, weight loss, and appearance of Camembert-type cheeses during chamber ripeningD Picque
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 89:3250-9. 2006..However, CO(2) concentrations higher than 2% negatively influenced the appearance of the cheeses...
- Microbiological characterisation of Robiola di Roccaverano cheese using PCR-DGGESilvia Bonetta
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e della Vita, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Via Bellini 25 G, 15100 Alessandria, Italy
Food Microbiol 25:786-92. 2008..Moreover, the results obtained allowed the identification of microbial species such as Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Geotricum spp. and Kluyveromyces lactis that are related to the production of this typical cheese...
- Fate and effects of Camembert cheese micro-organisms in the human colonic microbiota of healthy volunteers after regular Camembert consumptionOlivier Firmesse
Unité d Ecologie et Physiologie du Système Digestif, INRA, 78350 Jouy en Josas, France
Int J Food Microbiol 125:176-81. 2008..For Ln. mesenteroides, persistence was observed 15 days after the end of Camembert consumption. The survival of Geotrichum candidum was also assessed and the fecal concentration reached a median level of 7.1 Log(10) CFU/g in stools...
- Successful treatment of disseminated Geotrichum capitatum infection with a combination of caspofungin and voriconazole in an immunocompromised patientA Etienne
Service d Hematologie, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Mycoses 51:270-2. 2008Disseminated Geotrichum capitatum infection is uncommon, and has been reported exclusively in immunocompromised patients. The prognosis is poor with a mortality rate of approximately 50-75%. We report a case of disseminated G...
- Polymicrobial keratomycosis in a three-year-old childFulvio Parentin
Department of Surgery Ophthalmology Unit, Institute of Child Health BURLO GAROFOLO, Trieste, Italy
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 14:129-31. 2006To describe a previously unreported case of polymicrobial mycotic keratitis caused by an association between Candida lusitaniae, C. parapsilosis, and Geotrichum candidum.
- Microbial diversity and succession during the manufacture and ripening of traditional, Spanish, blue-veined Cabrales cheese, as determined by PCR-DGGEAna Belén Flórez
Instituto de Productos Lácteos de Asturias CSIC, Carretera de Infiesto s n, 33300 Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 110:165-71. 2006..Other, completely unknown lactococci were also detected. The dominant eukaryotic populations from day 15 onwards were those of Penicillium roqueforti and Geotrichum candidum.
- [Contamination of dairy products by yeasts-like fungi]D Białasiewicz
Katedra Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej, 90 436 Lodz, al Kościuszki 4
Wiad Parazytol 47:345-51. 2001..72%) strains of yeast-like fungi. Diary products were contamined with 19 species of fungi from types: Candida, Geotrichum, Trichosporon, Saccharomyces and Rhodotorula. The highest percentage of fungi was seen in cream (95.7 +/- 4...
- Coinfection of Cryptosporidium and Geotrichum in a case of AIDSAshoka Mahapatra
Department of Microbiology, M K C G Medical College, Berhampur
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 48:25-7. 2005..Cryptosporidium and Geotrichum were simultaneously detected from his stool and sputum respectively.
- Role of Geotrichum candidum in canine oral ulcersMahendra Pal
Rev Iberoam Micol 22:183. 2005
- Geotrichum capitatum fungemia in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia: case reportR Fanci
J Chemother 15:412-3. 2003
- Mycotic bovine nasal granulomaIsmael Alejandro Conti Díaz
Department of Microbiology, University School of Veterinary, Montevideo, Uruguay
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:163-6. 2003..b>Geotrichum sp. was isolated. The need of an early diagnosis and treatment of the disease is stressed.
- Growth of lignocellulosic-fermenting fungi on different substrates under low oxygenation conditionsErika C Pavarina
Faculdade de Engenharia de Alimentos, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 98:663-77. 2002..The results obtained with the basidiomycete specie, Trichocladium canadense, Geotrichum sp., and Fusarium sp. suggest that they prefer lower oxygen concentration for growth and enzyme production...
- Voriconazole activity against clinical yeast isolates: a multicentre Italian studyGiulia Morace
Istituto di Microbiologia, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via C Pascal, 36 20133 Milan, Italy
Int J Antimicrob Agents 26:247-53. 2005..Our findings confirm the broad-spectrum in vitro activity of voriconazole against yeasts, including Candida species that are generally less susceptible to other azoles...
- Purification, characterization, and sequencing of novel antimicrobial peptides, Tu-AMP 1 and Tu-AMP 2, from bulbs of tulip (Tulipa gesneriana L.)Masatoshi Fujimura
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Korimoto, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:571-7. 2004..The structural characteristics of Tu-AMP 1 and Tu-AMP 2 indicated that they were novel thionin-like antimicrobial peptides, though Tu-AMP 2 was a heterodimer composes of two short peptides joined with disulfide bonds...
- Diversity of microflora in the gut and casts of tropical composting earthworms reared on different substratesK Parthasarathi
Division of Vermibiotechnology, Department of Zoology, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608 002, India
J Environ Biol 28:87-97. 2007..Cunninghamella echinulata, Mycetia sterila, Syncephalostrum racemosum, Curvalaria lunata, C. geniculata and Geotrichum candidum) and bacteria (Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacterium antitratum, Mima polymorpha, Enterobacter aerogenes, E...
- Liposomal amphotericin B: what is its role in 2008?F Lanternier
Faculté de Médecine Paris Descartes, Service des Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Centre d Infectiologie Necker Pasteur, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:71-83. 2008..b>Geotrichum spp. and Trichosporon spp.. LAmB is also active against Cryptococcus spp...
- Microbiological contamination with moulds in work environment in libraries and archive storage facilitiesKatarzyna Zielinska-Jankiewicz
Nofer Institute of Occupational Medicine, Department of Environmental Health Hazards, Sw Teresy 8, 91 348 Lodz, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 15:71-8. 2008..The species involved include Aspergillus, Penicillium, Geotrichum, Alternaria, Cladosporium, Mucor, Rhizopus, Trichoderma, Fusarium which are associated mostly with allergic ..
- Evaluation of food additives as alternative or complementary chemicals to conventional fungicides for the control of major postharvest diseases of stone fruitLluis Palou
Centre de Tecnologia Postcollita, Institut Valencià d Investigacions Agràries, Apartat Oficial, 46113 Montcada, Valencia, Spain
J Food Prot 72:1037-46. 2009..had been artificially inoculated with seven major postharvest pathogens: Monilinia fructicola, Botrytis cinerea, Geotrichum candidum, Alternaria alternata, Penicillium expansum, Mucor piriformis, and Rhizopus stolonifer...
- In vitro susceptibility of yeasts isolated from patients in intensive care units to fluconazole and amphotericin B during a 3-year periodEmine Kucukates
Laboratory of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Institute of Cardiology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
APMIS 113:278-83. 2005..2%), Candida kefyr, Candida krusei, Candida parapsilosis, Trichosporon mucoides and Geotrichum spp. Fluconazole and amphotericin B MIC90 values were 0.75 microg/ml; 0.19 microg/ml and 1 microg/ml; 0...
- Differential activation of the NF-kappaB-like factors Relish and Dif in Drosophila melanogaster by fungi and Gram-positive bacteriaMarika Hedengren-Olcott
Department of Zoology, Oregon State University, 220 Nash Hall, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
J Biol Chem 279:21121-7. 2004..Induction of Attacin A by Geotrichum candidum required Relish, whereas activation by Beauvaria bassiana required Dif, suggesting that the Drosophila ..
- Airborne fungi in industrial environments--potential agents of respiratory diseasesAlbinas Lugauskas
Institute of Botany, Zaliuju ezeru 49, LT 2021 Vilnius, Lithuania
Ann Agric Environ Med 11:19-25. 2004..claviforme and Botryotrichum longibrachiatum prevailed in the poultry farm; Geotrichum candidum, Cladosporium cladosporioides, C. herbarum, Penicillium viridicatum and P...
- [Morphological and biochemical features of fungi isolated from patients with renal failure]Agata Drozdowska
Zakładzie Biologii i Parazytologii Lekarskiej, Katedry Biologii i Genetyki Medycznej, Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi
Wiad Parazytol 53:145-8. 2007..48%). The remaining isolated fungal strains (3.11 +/- 1.37%) belonged to genera Cryptococcus, Geotrichum, Saccharomyces and Trichosporon...
- Isolation and identification of yeast flora from genital tract in healthy female camels (Camelus dromedarius)Hojjatollah Shokri
Mycology Research Center, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Vet Microbiol 144:183-6. 2010..Yeast isolates belonged to 8 genera: Candida (73.1%), Trichosporon (10.1%), Geotrichum (7.5%), Kluyveromyces (3.5%), Rhodotorula (2.4%), Aureobasidium (1.4%), Cryptococcus (1.1%) and Prototheca (0...
- Species distribution and frequency of isolation of yeasts and dermatophytes from toe webs of diabetic patientsEmilija Mlinarić-Missoni
Croatian National Institute of Public Health, Rockefellerova 2, HR 10000 Zagreb Croatia
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 13:85-92. 2005..belonging to nine genera (Candida, Rhodotorula, Cryptococcus, Trichosporon, Saccharomyces, Blastoschizomyces, Geotrichum, Debaryomyces, and Ustilago) as well as three species of dermatophytes of the genera Trichophyton and ..
- Exposure to airborne fungi during conservative dental treatmentJolanta Szymanska
Department of Paedodontics, Medical University of Lublin, ul Staszica 11, 20 018 Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 13:177-9. 2006..68%, Penicillium roseopurpureum - 9.41%, Rhizopus nigricans - 5.93%, Aspergillus terreus - 3.89%, Geotrichum candidum - 2.25%, Aspergillus glaucus group - 2.04%, Cladosporium cladosporoides - 1...
- Characterization of filamentous fungi isolated from Moroccan olive and olive cake: toxinogenic potential of Aspergillus strainsSevastianos Roussos
Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Institut de Recherche pour le Developpement, Universite Paul Cezanne, Marseille, France
Mol Nutr Food Res 50:500-6. 2006..Strains included 167 mesophilic strains belonging to ten genera: Penicillium, Aspergillus, Geotrichum, Mucor, Rhizopus, Trichoderma, Alternaria, Acremonium, Humicola, Ulocladium as well as 118 thermophilic strains ..
- Rapid identification of fungi by sequencing the ITS1 and ITS2 regions using an automated capillary electrophoresis systemT M Pryce
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia 6847, Australia
Med Mycol 41:369-81. 2003..apiospermum. Furthermore, 21 reference strains representing 19 different Candida species, Geotrichum candidum and Malassezia furfur were also sequenced as part of this study and were used either as standards for ..
- Opportunistic infections in polymyositis and dermatomyositisIsabelle Marie
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Rouen Boisguillaume and Inserm Unit 644, Rouen, France
Arthritis Rheum 53:155-65. 2005..To determine the predictive values for opportunistic infections on clinical presentation, biochemical findings, and paraclinical features of PM/DM to detect patients at risk of opportunistic infections...
- Commercial ripening starter microorganisms inoculated into cheese milk do not successfully establish themselves in the resident microbial ripening consortia of a South german red smear cheeseStefanie Goerges
Abteilung Mikrobiologie, Zentralinstitut für Ernährungs und Lebensmittelforschung Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:2210-7. 2008..milk was supplemented with a commercial smear starter culture containing Debaryomyces hansenii, Galactomyces geotrichum, Arthrobacter arilaitensis, and Brevibacterium aurantiacum...
- Comparison of RapID yeast plus system with API 20C system for identification of common, new, and emerging yeast pathogensA Espinel-Ingroff
Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond 23298 0049, USA
J Clin Microbiol 36:883-6. 1998..A total of 447 yeast isolates representing Blastoschizomyces capitatus, 17 Candida spp., 5 Cryptococcus spp., Geotrichum spp., 2 Hanseniaspora spp., Hansenula anomala, Hansenula wingei, 3 Rhodotorula spp...
- Glycosphingolipids as a possible signature of microbial communities in activated sludge and the potential contribution of fungi to wastewater treatment under cold conditionsJunichi Tsuge
The United Graduate School of Agriculture Sciences, Iwate University, Iwate, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 72:2667-74. 2008Seven strains of fungi were isolated from activated sludge and identified as Mucor sp., Geotrichum sp., Trichosporon sp., Candida sp., and Trichoderma sp. by 28S rDNA D2 region sequences analysis...
- Occurrence and dominance of yeast species in naturally fermented milk from the Tibetan Plateau of ChinaMei Bai
Key Laboratory of Dairy Biotechnology and Engineering, Ministry of Education, Inner Mongolia Agricultural University, 306 Zhaowuda road, Huhhot, Inner Mongolia 010018, PR China
Can J Microbiol 56:707-14. 2010..orientalis, Kazachstania unisporus, Rhodotorula mucilaginosa, Candida pararugosa, Torulaspora delbrueckii, Geotrichum sp...
- Enhancement of survival of probiotic and non-probiotic lactic acid bacteria by yeasts in fermented milk under non-refrigerated conditionsShao Quan Liu
Department of Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Int J Food Microbiol 135:34-8. 2009..Seven yeasts examined (Candida krusei, Geotrichum candidum, Pichia subpelliculosa, Kloeckera apiculata, Pichia membranifaciens, Schizosaccharomyces pombe and Y...
- Moulds and yeasts in fruit salads and fruit juicesV H Tournas
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition HFS 315, Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD 20740, USA
Food Microbiol 23:684-8. 2006..0 to 6.83 log10 cfu/ml. Yeasts commonly found in fruit juices were C. lambica, C. sake, and Rhodotorula rubra. Geotrichum spp. and low numbers of Penicillium and Fusarium spp. (1.70 and 1...
- Endophytic fungi diversity of aquatic/riparian plants and their antifungal activity in vitroHai yan Li
Faculty of Life Sciences and Technology, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, P R China
J Microbiol 48:1-6. 2010..They were identified to 31 taxa in which Cladosporium, Fusarium, and Geotrichum were the dominant genera. Among all isolates, 169 (79%) were anamorphic fungi, 1 (0...
- Interactions between yeasts and bacteria in the smear surface-ripened cheesesA Corsetti
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita degli Studi di Perugia, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 69:1-10. 2001..Yeasts such as Candida spp., Cryptococcus spp., Debaryomyces spp., Geotrichum candidum, Pichia spp., Rhodotorula spp., Saccharomyces spp...
- Metal tolerance and biosorption potential of filamentous fungi isolated from metal contaminated agricultural soilShaheen Zafar
Department of Agricultural Microbiology, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202 002, India
Bioresour Technol 98:2557-61. 2007..fungi isolated from wastewater-treated soil belonged to genera Aspergillus, Penicillium, Alternaria, Geotrichum, Fusarium, Rhizopus, Monilia and Trichoderma...
- In vitro degradation of equine keratin by dermatophytes and other keratinophilic fungiVeronika Apprich
Clinic of Orthopaedics in Ungulates, Clinical Department of Small Animals and Horses, University of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinarplatz 1, 1210 Wien, Vienna, Austria
Vet Microbiol 114:352-8. 2006..gypseum, Trichophyton mentagrophytes) and three moulds (Scopulariopsis brevicaulis, Alternaria alternata, Geotrichum candidum) isolated from diseased equine hooves were examined to improve the understanding of pathogenic ..
- [Study on development of the principles for determination and evaluation of antimicrobial effectiveness of food preservatives]Fengqin Li
Institute of Nutrition and Food Safety, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100021, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:657-61. 2009..To establish the principles for determination and evaluation of the preservative properties demonstrates the effectiveness of a substance when used as a food preservative...
- Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry for fast and reliable identification of clinical yeast isolatesG Marklein
Institute of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Parasitology, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 47:2912-7. 2009..strains and 267 recent clinical isolates of Candida (n = 250), Cryptococcus, Saccharomyces, Trichosporon, Geotrichum, Pichia, and Blastoschizomyces spp. were identified by MALDI-TOF MS...
- Hygienic quality of traditional processing and stability of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) puree in TogoYaovi Ameyapoh
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et de Contrôle de Qualité des Denrées Alimentaires, Ecole Supérieure des Techniques Biologiques et Alimentaires ESTBA, Universite de Lome, B P 1515, Lome, Togo
Bioresour Technol 99:5798-803. 2008..involved in spoilage of the opened products were moulds of genera Penicillium, Aspergillus, Fusarium, Geotrichum, Mucor and gram-positive Bacillus bacteria. The preserved tomato puree exhibited a pH value of 4...
- Antifungal activity of fluid extract and essential oil from anise fruits (Pimpinella anisum L., Apiaceae)Ivan Kosalec
Department of Microbiology Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Pharm 55:377-85. 2005..No activity was noticed against C. glabrata, and anis fruits extracts showed growth promotion activity on Geotrichum spp. Anise fruits extract inhibited the growth of dermatophyte species (Trichophyton rubrum, T...
- Yeasts associated with Sardinian ewe's dairy productsS Cosentino
Department of Experimental Biology, University of Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria, Monserrato, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 69:53-8. 2001..8% of the total isolates. Other frequently appearing species were Geotrichum candidum, Kluyveromyces lactis and K. marxianus...
- In vitro antifungal activity of extract and plumbagin from the stem bark of Diospyros crassiflora Hiern (Ebenaceae)J P Dzoyem
Laboratory of Mycology, Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University of Yaounde I, Cameroon
Phytother Res 21:671-4. 2007..Cladosporium sp., Geotrichum candidum, Fusarium sp. and Penicillium sp...
- Fungal colonization of haematological patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy: emergence of azole-resistant Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJ H Salonen
Department of Medicine, Turku University Central Hospital, Finland
J Hosp Infect 45:293-301. 2000..In addition to Candida species, Malassezia furfur, Geotrichum candidum and Saccharomyces cerevisiae were frequently isolated. The rate of S...
- Efficacy of Chromogenic Candida Agar for isolation and presumptive identification of pathogenic yeast speciesE Ghelardi
Dipartimento di Patologia Sperimentale, Biotecnologie Mediche, Infettivologia ed Epidemiologia, Unviersità di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:141-7. 2008..albicans, C. tropicalis, C. krusei, Candida guilliermondii, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Trichosporon mucoides and Geotrichum capitatum. The sensitivity and specificity of the medium exceeded 99.4% for each of these species...
- Microbial quality and presence of moulds in Kuflu cheeseA A Hayaloglu
Department of Food Engineering, Inonu University, 44280 Malatya, Turkey
Int J Food Microbiol 115:376-80. 2007..verrucosum were the most abundant species in the cheeses sampled. The other dominant fungal groups were Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium expansum and P. chrysogenum...
- Evaluation of mycological contamination of dental unit waterlinesJolanta Szymanska
Department of Paedodontics, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 12:153-5. 2005..from Aspergillus glaucus group, Aspergillus repens, Citromyces spp., Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium aspergilliforme, Penicillium pusillum, Penicillium turolense, Sclerotium sclerotiorum; ..
- Characterization of cultivated fungi isolated from grape marc wastes through the use of amplified rDNA restriction analysis and sequencingSpyridon Ntougias
National Agricultural Research Foundation, Institute of Kalamata, Lakonikis 87, 24100, Kalamata, Greece
J Microbiol 48:297-306. 2010..while members of OTUs #6 and #7 were closer linked with Geotrichum candidum var. citri-aurantii and Mycocladus corymbifer, respectively (95.4 and 97...
- Species distribution and influence of glycemic control on fungal infections in pregnant women with diabetesDorota Nowakowska
Medical University of Łódź, Chair of Medical Biology and Parasitology, Kościuszki 85, 90 436 Łódź, Poland
J Infect 48:339-46. 2004....
- An investigation of the substrate specificity of the xyloglucanase Cel74A from Hypocrea jecorinaTom Desmet
Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Faculty of Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium
FEBS J 274:356-63. 2007..pH 5), which has only been observed before with the oligoxyloglucan-reducing-end-specific cellobiohydrolase from Geotrichum (EC 126.96.36.199)...
- Lactobacilli and dairy propionibacterium with potential as biopreservatives against food fungi and yeast contaminationP H Ho
School of Environmental and Life Sciences, The University of Newcastle, University Drive, Callaghan, NSW 2308, Australia
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 45:460-4. 2009..Only one fungi, Geotrichum candidum was highly resistant to the bacteria...
- [Micosis among five highly underprivileged Mexican communities]Luis J Mendez-Tovar
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Dermatología y Micología Dr Ernesto Macotela, UMAE Hospital de Especialidades Dr Bernardo Sepúlveda, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico D F, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 142:381-6. 2006..In many small rural communities in Mexico, medical care is deficient, empirical or absent...
- [Diversity of filamentous fungi associated with Hypothenemus hampei (Ferrari) (Coleoptera: Scolytidae) and its galleries in berries of Coffea canephora (Pierre)]Farah de C Gama
Embrapa Rondônia, BR 364, km 5, 5, C postal 406, 78900 970, Porto Velho, RO
Neotrop Entomol 35:573-8. 2006..Fusarium, Penicillium and Geotrichum, with abundance of 55.7, 24.3 and 10.8%, respectively, were dominant genera...
- Oral Geotrichum candidum infection associated with HIV infection. A case reportG S Heinic
Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 73:726-8. 1992Infections with Geotrichum species, although rare, are sometimes seen in immunocompromised hosts...
- Occurrence and characterization of yeasts isolated from artisanal Fiore Sardo cheeseM E Fadda
Section of Hygiene, Department of Experimental Biology, University of Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria, S S 554, 09042, Monserrato CA, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 95:51-9. 2004..Strains belonging to the prevalent species Debaryomyces hansenii, Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Candida zeylanoides and Candida lambica were selected for technological and genotypic characterization...
- Isolation and biochemical characterization of an antifungal peptide from Amaranthus hypochondriacus seedsLina A Rivillas-Acevedo
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Circuito Exterior, Ciudad Universitaria, Delegación Coyoacán C P 04510, Mexico D F, Mexico
J Agric Food Chem 55:10156-61. 2007..Fusarium solani, Penicillium chrysogenum, Geotrichum candidum, Aspergillus candidus, Aspergillus schraceus, and Alternaria alternata...