Summary: A genus of fungi in the family Ganodermataceae, order POLYPORALES, containing a dimitic hyphal system. It causes a white rot, and is a wood decomposer. Ganoderma lucidum (REISHI) is used in traditional Chinese medicine (MEDICINE, CHINESE TRADITIONAL).
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- An insight into spore dispersal of Ganoderma boninense on oil palmF R Sanderson
Mycopathologia 159:139-41. 2005The disease of oil palm caused by Ganoderma boninense, although universally referred to as Ganoderma basal stem rot, occurs in three very distinct phases, with basal stem rot only part of the disease cycle. G...
- Research on basal stem rot (BSR) of ornamental palms caused by basidiospores from Ganoderma boninenseH P Lim
Singapore Zoological Gardens, 80 Mandai Lake Road, Singapore 729826, Singapore
Mycopathologia 159:171-9. 2005Basidiospores were isolated from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma infecting oil palms from an estate in Johor and from ornamental palms (including oil palms) from Singapore. The spores were then germinated to obtain homokaryotic mycelia...
- Ganoderma tsugae extract inhibits expression of epidermal growth factor receptor and angiogenesis in human epidermoid carcinoma cells: In vitro and in vivoShih Chung Hsu
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taiwan, ROC
Cancer Lett 281:108-16. 2009We examined the anti-angiogenic effects of Ganoderma tsugae methanol extract (GTME) on human epidermoid carcinoma A-431 cells...
- Natural products of the medicinal fungus Ganoderma lucidum: occurrence, biological activities, and pharmacological functionsMing Shi Shiao
Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan 11217
Chem Rec 3:172-80. 2003b>Ganoderma lucidum, a fungus used in traditional Chinese medicine, produces polysaccharides and oxygenated triterpenoids with a very broad spectrum of biological activities and pharmacological functions...
- Ganoderma - a therapeutic fungal biofactoryR Russell M Paterson
Micoteca da Universidade do Minho, Centro de Engenharia Biólogica, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Phytochemistry 67:1985-2001. 2006b>Ganoderma is a basidiomycete white rot fungus which has been used for medicinal purposes for centuries particularly in China, Japan and Korea. A great deal of work has been carried out on Ganoderma lucidum...
- Ganoderma tsugae extracts inhibit colorectal cancer cell growth via G(2)/M cell cycle arrestShih Chung Hsu
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Kang Ning Junior College of Medical Care and Management, Taipei, Taiwan
J Ethnopharmacol 120:394-401. 2008b>Ganoderma, known as Lingzhi or Reishi, has been traditionally administered throughout Asia for centuries as a cancer treatment and for other medicinal purposes.
- Effect of Ganoderma tsugae on chronically carbon tetrachloride-intoxicated ratsYueh Wern Wu
Department of Pharmacology, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 32:841-50. 2004The purpose of this study was to evaluate the hepatoprotective and anti-fibrotic actions of crude extracts of Ganoderma tsugae (GTE) on chronic liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl4) in rats. CCl4 (20%, 0...
- Antitumor and antimetastatic effects on liver of triterpenoid fractions of Ganoderma lucidum: mechanism of action and isolation of an active substanceYoshiyuki Kimura
Second Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu cho, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 095, Japan
Anticancer Res 22:3309-18. 2002The triterpenoid fraction (100 and 200 mg/kg) of the fruit bodies of Ganoderma lucidum inhibited primary solid-tumor growth in the spleen, liver metastasis and secondary metastatic tumor growth in the liver in intrasplenic Lewis lung ..
- Analysis of genetic diversity in Ganoderma population with a novel molecular marker SRAPShu Jing Sun
College of Life Science, Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University, Fuzhou 350002, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 72:537-43. 2006..To eliminate the confusion on the taxonomy of Ganoderma strains, in this study, a collection of 31 accessions representative of morphotypes and some unclassified types ..
- Performance analyses of a pH-shift and DOT-shift integrated fed-batch fermentation process for the production of ganoderic acid and Ganoderma polysaccharides by medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidumYa Jie Tang
Hubei Provincial Key Laboratory of Industrial Microbiology, College of Bioengineering, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, China
Bioresour Technol 100:1852-9. 2009Investigations on Ganoderma lucidum fermentation suggested that the responses of the cell growth and metabolites biosynthesis to pH and dissolved oxygen tension (DOT) were different. The ganoderic acid (GA) production of 321...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of a glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene from Ganoderma lucidumXu Fei
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Agricultural University, PR China
J Microbiol 44:515-22. 2006A cDNA library of Ganoderma lucidum has been constructed using a Zap Express cloning vector...
- Evaluation of antiproliferative activities and action mechanisms of extracts from two species of Ganoderma on tumor cell linesYu Wei Liu
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
J Agric Food Chem 57:3087-93. 2009..MCF-7 and MDA-MB-231), hepatoma (HepG2) and myeloid leukemia (HL-60), of ethanolic extracts from two species of Ganoderma, G. lucidum and G. sinense, were investigated...
- Decolorization of different dyes by a newly isolated white-rot fungi strain Ganoderma sp.En3 and cloning and functional analysis of its laccase geneRui Zhuo
Key Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics of Ministry of Education, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
J Hazard Mater 192:855-73. 2011A laccase-producing white-rot fungi strain Ganoderma sp.En3 was newly isolated from the forest of Tzu-chin Mountain in China. Ganoderma sp...
- Medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (Leyss: Fr) Karst. triggers immunomodulatory effects and reduces nitric oxide synthesis in miceRosália Rubel
Bioprocess Engineering and Biotechnology Division, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
J Med Food 13:142-8. 2010This study investigated the effect of Ganoderma lucidum supplementation on lymphocytes and peritoneal macrophages from mice. Our results show that G...
- Effect of Ganoderma on drug-sensitive and multidrug-resistant small-cell lung carcinoma cellsDavid Sadava
Division of Tumor Cell Biology, Beckman Research Institute at City of Hope, 1500 East Duarte Road, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Cancer Lett 277:182-9. 2009Multidrug resistance is a major problem in small-cell lung cancer (SCLC). Ganoderma lucidum is a widely used herb in traditional Chinese medicine...
- Effect of lanostane triterpenes from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma lucidum on adipocyte differentiation in 3T3-L1 cellsIkSoo Lee
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea
Planta Med 76:1558-63. 2010..triterpenes, methyl lucidenate N ( 1) and T-butyl lucidenate B ( 2), were isolated from the fruiting bodies of GANODERMA LUCIDUM together with five known compounds ( 3- 7)...
- Intrastrain internal transcribed spacer heterogeneity in Ganoderma speciesD M Wang
Systematic Mycology and Lichenology Laboratory, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, China
Can J Microbiol 51:113-21. 2005Intrastrain internal transcribed spacer (ITS) heterogeneity is first reported from Ganoderma, a fungal genus within Basidiomycetes. ITS amplification products from 4 strains, representing 4 Ganoderma species, were cloned and sequenced...
- Quality evaluation of Ganoderma through simultaneous determination of nine triterpenes and sterols using pressurized liquid extraction and high performance liquid chromatographyJing Zhao
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau, PR China
J Sep Sci 29:2609-15. 2006..DM, ganoderol A, ganoderol B, ganoderal A, methyl ganoderate D and ganoderate G) and a sterol (ergosterol), in Ganoderma. The determination was achieved by using a Zorbax ODS C18 analytical column (4...
- A PCR-based method for the identification of important wood rotting fungal taxa within Ganoderma, Inonotus s.l. and Phellinus s.lFabio Guglielmo
Department of Exploitation and Protection of the Agricultural and Forestry Resources, University of Torino, Grugliasco, TO, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 282:228-37. 2008..designed on rRNA gene regions, were developed for the identification of taxa within the lignivorous genera Ganoderma, Inonotus s.l. and Phellinus s.l., each comprising both secondary and primary aggressive decay fungi...
- Sensitive and selective liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of five ganoderic acids in Ganoderma lucidum and its related speciesYongLi Liu
School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, 103 Wenhua Road, Shenyang, PR China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 54:717-21. 2011..mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for the simultaneous analysis of ganoderic acids C(2), B, A, H, D in Ganoderma lucidum and its related species. Ganoderma samples were prepared using simple ultrasonic extraction...
- [Effects of Gadol and Ganoderma spores on the adiponectin signal pathway in hypertrophic myocardium of spontaneous hypertensive rats]Zhi Guo Zhang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Health Science Center of Peking University, Beijing
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 29:233-7. 2009..the adiponectin signal pathway in hypertrophic myocardium of spontaneous hypertensive rats (SHR) and to observe the effects of Gadol (GD) and Ganoderma spores (GS) on the hemodynamic parameters and the adiponectin signal pathway of SHR.
- Inhibition of quorum sensing in the opportunistic pathogenic bacterium Chromobacterium violaceum by an extract from fruiting bodies of Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum (W.Curt.:Fr.) P. Karst. (higher Basidiomycetes)Hu Zhu
Center for Bioengineering and Biotechnology, China University of Petroleum East China, Qingdao 266555, P R China
Int J Med Mushrooms 13:559-64. 2011Extracts of Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom, Ganoderma lucidum, inhibited quorum sensing in Chromobacterium violaceum CV026. G. lucidum fruiting bodies were milled and extracted with ethyl acetate...
- Nuclear translocation of telomerase reverse transcriptase and calcium signaling in repression of telomerase activity in human lung cancer cells by fungal immunomodulatory protein from Ganoderma tsugaeChien Huang Liao
Institute of Medical and Molecular Toxicology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Biochem Pharmacol 74:1541-54. 2007Recombinant fungal immunomodulatory protein, reFIP-gts, was cloned from Ganoderma tsugae and purified. In our previous study, it was shown that reFIP-gts has anti-telomerase effects in A549 cells...
- 5alpha-reductase inhibitory effect of triterpenoids isolated from Ganoderma lucidumJie Liu
Department of Forest and Forest Products Science, Faculty of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:392-5. 20065alpha-Reductase inhibitory activity-guided fractionation of the EtOH extract of the fruiting body of Ganoderma lucidum (LEYSS.:FR.) KARST...
- Cytokines expression induced by Ganoderma sinensis fungal immunomodulatory proteins (FIP-gsi) in mouse spleen cellsQizhang Li
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Agrobiotechnology, School of Agriculture and Biology, Fudan SJTU Nottingham Plant Biotechnology R and D Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, People s Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162:1403-13. 2010b>Ganoderma sinensis fungal immunomodulatory protein (FIP-gsi) was a new member of FIPs family. Based on the cloning of FIP-gsi gene from G...
- Antimicrobial activity of some Ganoderma species from NigeriaL N Ofodile
Department of Biological Sciences, Yaba College of Technology, P M B 2011, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
Phytother Res 19:310-3. 2005The crude n-hexane:diethyl ether, chloroform:acetone and methanol extracts of four species of Ganoderma (Ganoderma colossum (Fr.) C. F. Baker, G. resinaceum Boud., G. lucidum (cf.) (Curtis) P. Karst. and G. boninense (cf.) Pat...
- Ganoderic acid Sz, a new lanostanoid from the mushroom Ganoderma lucidumCanjun Li
tPharmanex Shanghai R and D, 116 Lane 572, Bi Po Road, Shanghai, 201203 China
Nat Prod Res 19:461-5. 2005A new lanostanoid, ganoderic acid SZ (1), isolated from a lipophilic extract of the fruiting body of Ganoderma lucidum, is a geometric Z-isomer of the known ganoderic acid S (2)...
- Anti-human immunodeficiency virus-1 protease activity of new lanostane-type triterpenoids from Ganoderma sinenseNaoto Sato
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 57:1076-80. 2009..20(21)-dehydrolucidenic acid N (4) and 20-hydroxylucidenic acid A (5)] were isolated from the fruiting body of Ganoderma sinense, together with known compounds including 6 triterpenoids and 3 sterols...
- Selenium distribution in a Se-enriched mushroom species of the genus GanodermaLei Zhao
DAPR Laboratory, College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100083, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 52:3954-9. 2004Data reported here show that Ganoderma lucidum could biotransform inorganic selenite in the substrate into organic forms by intergrating Se into proteins (56-61%) and polysaccharides (11-18%) and other components...
- Enhancing biological control of basal stem rot disease (Ganoderma boninense) in oil palm plantationsA Susanto
Indonesian Oil Palm Research Institute, Jl Bigjen Katamso No 51, Medan 20158, Indonesia
Mycopathologia 159:153-7. 2005Basal Stem Rot (BSR) disease caused by Ganoderma boninense is the most destructive disease in oil palm, especially in Indonesia and Malaysia...
- Quantification and characterisation of Trichoderma spp. from different ecosystemsM Sariah
Department of Plant Protection, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400UPM, Serdang, Selangor DE, Malaysia
Mycopathologia 159:113-7. 2005Basal stem rot of oil palm caused by Ganoderma boninense is of major economic importance...
- Improvement of ganoderic acid and Ganoderma polysaccharide biosynthesis by Ganoderma lucidum fermentation under the inducement of Cu2+Ya Jie Tang
Key Laboratory of Fermentation Engineering Ministry of Education, Hubei Provincial Key Laboratory of Industrial Microbiology, College of Bioengineering, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan 430068, China
Biotechnol Prog 26:417-23. 2010..were significantly improved by Cu(2+) addition during the submerged fermentation of medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum...
- The protective effect of Ganoderma atrum polysaccharide against anoxia/reoxygenation injury in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesWen Juan Li
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Nanchang University, Nanchang, China
Life Sci 85:634-41. 2009Oxidative stress has been largely implicated in the pathogenesis of anoxia/reoxygenation injury. Ganoderma atrum polysaccharide (PSG-1), the most abundant component extracted from the fruiting bodies of G...
- Synthetic dye decolorization by white rot fungus, Ganoderma sp. WR-1Madhavi S Revankar
Food Engineering and Technology Department, Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
Bioresour Technol 98:775-80. 2007..dyes by an indigenous strain of white rot fungus isolated from bark of dead tree, WR-1 identified as Ganoderma sp. was investigated...
- Preparation, characterization, and antiproliferative activities of the Se-containing polysaccharide SeGLP-2B-1 from Se-enriched Ganoderma lucidumDejing Shang
Liaoning Provincial Key Laboratory of Biotechnology and Drug Discovery, Faculty of Life Science, Liaoning Normal University, Dalian 116029, China
J Agric Food Chem 57:7737-42. 2009..selenite can be transformed into organic forms and bind to proteins and polysaccharides in Se-enriched submerged Ganoderma lucidum cultures...
- GMI, an immunomodulatory protein from Ganoderma microsporum, induces autophagy in non-small cell lung cancer cellsI Lun Hsin
Institute of Medical and Molecular Toxicology, Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan ROC
Autophagy 7:873-82. 2011..Immunomodulatory protein, one major bioactive component of Ganoderma, has antitumor activity...
- Comparison of two officinal Chinese pharmacopoeia species of Ganoderma based on chemical research with multiple technologies and chemometrics analysisJuan Da
Shanghai Research Center for Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine, National Engineering Laboratory for TCM Standardization Technology, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
J Chromatogr A 1222:59-70. 2012To investigate the chemical differences between Ganoderma lucidum (G. lucidum, Chizhi) and Ganoderma sinense (G. sinense, Zizhi).
- Polysaccharides purified from the submerged culture of Ganoderma formosanum stimulate macrophage activation and protect mice against Listeria monocytogenes infectionCheng li Wang
Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Biotechnol Lett 33:2271-8. 2011The bioactive components of Ganoderma formosanum have not yet been characterized. We investigated the immunomodulatory activities of the extracellular polysaccharides produced from a submerged mycelial culture of G. formosanum...
- An assessment of the genetic diversity within Ganoderma strains with AFLP and ITS PCR-RFLPLinyong Zheng
Key Laboratory of Biological Resource and Ecological Environment of the Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Microbiol Res 164:312-21. 2009b>Ganoderma lucidum is one of the most important medicinal materials and plant pathogens. Because of its specific interhybridization, the genetic background, however, is relatively unclear...
- Ganoderma applanatum: a promising mushroom for antitumor and immunomodulating activityYong Tae Jeong
Department of Biotechnology, Daegu University, Gyeongbuk, Gyeongsan 712 714, Korea
Phytother Res 22:614-9. 2008The antitumor effect of exo-biopolymer (EXP) produced by Ganoderma applanatum was investigated using sarcoma-180 bearing mice...
- Ganoderma atrum polysaccharide attenuates oxidative stress induced by d-galactose in mouse brainWen Juan Li
State Key Laboratory of Food Science and Technology, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330047, China
Life Sci 88:713-8. 2011b>Ganoderma atrum polysaccharide (PSG-1), the main constituent of G. atrum, has been reported to attenuate oxidative stress in vitro...
- Antiviral Terpenoid Constituents of Ganoderma pfeifferiTimo H J Niedermeyer
Institute of Pharmacy, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Friedrich Ludwig Jahn Strasse 17, 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Nat Prod 68:1728-31. 2005Four sterols and 10 triterpenes were isolated from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma pfeifferi, including the three new triterpenes 3,7,11-trioxo-5alpha-lanosta-8,24-diene-26-al (lucialdehyde D, 1), 5alpha-lanosta-8,24-diene-26-hydroxy-3,..
- Antiviral lanostanoid triterpenes from the fungus Ganoderma pfeifferiR A A Mothana
Department of Pharmaceutical Biology, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Greifswald D 17487, Germany
Fitoterapia 74:177-80. 2003Ganodermadiol, lucidadiol and applanoxidic acid G were isolated as first triterpenes from the European Basidiomycete Ganoderma pfeifferi. The compounds show antiviral activity against influenza virus type A and HSV type 1.
- Hypoglycemic effects of Ganoderma applanatum and Collybia confluens exo-polymers in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsByung Keun Yang
Research Center for Processing and Application of Agricultural Products, Daegu University, Gyungsan, Gyungbuk 712 714, South Korea
Phytother Res 21:1066-9. 2007The hypoglycemic effects of Ganoderma applanatum exo-polymer (GAE) and Collybia confluens exo-polymer (CCE) produced by submerged mycelial cultures in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats were investigated...
- Pharmacological and anti-tumor activities of ganoderma spores processed by top-down approachesXin Liu
Food Engineering Research Center of State Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, P R China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 5:2001-13. 2005b>Ganoderma was considered to be the most valuable medicine in ancient China, and it is still widely esteemed as a valuable health supplement and herbal medicine for the prevention and treatment of a variety of chronic diseases...
- Interaction of Ganoderma triterpenes with doxorubicin and proteomic characterization of the possible molecular targets of Ganoderma triterpenesQing Xi Yue
Shanghai Research Center for Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Cancer Sci 99:1461-70. 2008Triterpenes are the main components with cytotoxicity in Ganoderma lucidum, which is used popularly as a complementary treatment for cancer therapy in traditional Chinese medicine...
- Purification, characterization, and modification of T lymphocyte-stimulating polysaccharide from spores of Ganoderma lucidumXing feng Bao
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:623-9. 2002The hot-water extract of the spores of Ganoderma lucidum was shown to have a stimulating effect on concanavalin A-induced mitogenic activity of T lymphocytes...
- New lanostane triterpene lactones from the Vietnamese mushroom Ganoderma colossum (FR.) C. F. BAKERRiham Salah El Dine
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:642-6. 2008..I, colossolactone II, colossolactone III and colossolactone IV) were isolated from the Vietnamese mushroom Ganoderma colossum (FR.) C. F. BAKER along with five known compounds...
- Highly oxygenated lanostane triterpenoids from the fungus Ganoderma applanatumFei Wang
State Key Laboratory of Phytochemistry and Plant Resources in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:1035-7. 2008..ganoderic acid AP2 (1) and ganoderic acid AP3 (2), were isolated from the fruiting bodies of the fungus Ganoderma applanatum (Ganodermataceae), along with four known analogues, ganoderenic acids A, B, D and G (3-6)...
- Characterization of ganoderma spore lipid by stable carbon isotope analysis: implications for authenticationXin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol Food Engineering Research Center of State Ministry of Education, College of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, 510275, China
Anal Bioanal Chem 388:723-31. 2007The ratios of stable carbon isotopes ((13)C/(12)C) of ganoderma fruiting body, ganoderma spore, ganoderma spore lipid (GSL) and individual fatty acids in GSL were determined by gas chromatography-stable isotope ratio mass spectrometry ..
- Ganoderma total sterol (GS) and GS1 protect rat cerebral cortical neurons from hypoxia/reoxygenation injuryHong Bo Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, P R China
Life Sci 76:1027-37. 2005The effect of Ganoderma total sterol (GS) and its main components(GS(1)) on rat cortical neuronal cultures exposed to hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) was studied in vitro. GS (0.01,0.1,1 microg/ml) increased neuron viability following H/R...
- Effects of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide on CYP2E1, CYP1A2 and CYP3A activities in BCG-immune hepatic injury in ratsXin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School, Beijing Peking University, Beijing 100083, P R China
Biol Pharm Bull 30:1702-6. 2007The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide (GLPS), a major active component in Chinese medicinal fungus, on cytochrome P450 metabolic activity in Bacillus Calmette Guérin (BCG)-..
- Enhanced production of exopolysaccharides by fed-batch culture of Ganoderma resinaceum DG-6556Hyun Mi Kim
Department of Biotechnology, College of Engineering, Daegu University, Kyungsan, Kyungbuk 712 714, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 44:233-42. 2006..It may be worth attempting with other mushroom fermentation processes for enhanced production of mushroom polysaccharides, particularly those with industrial potential...
- Laccase and manganese peroxidase activities of Phellinus robustus and Ganoderma adspersum grown on food industry wastes in submerged fermentationG Songulashvili
Institute of Evolution, University of Haifa, Mt Carmel, Haifa 31905, Israel
Biotechnol Lett 28:1425-9. 2006..U l(-1)) and manganese peroxidase (MnP) (1,000-11,300 U l(-1)) in fermentation of nine food wastes, whereas Ganoderma adspersum produced only laccase (600-34,000 U l(-1)). Glucose provided high laccase and MnP activity of P...
- The anti-invasive effect of lucidenic acids isolated from a new Ganoderma lucidum strainChia Jui Weng
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Nutr Food Res 51:1472-7. 2007b>Ganoderma lucidum is a well-known mushroom with various pharmacological effects that has been used for health and longevity purposes...
- A mushroom (Ganoderma capense) lectin with spectacular thermostability, potent mitogenic activity on splenocytes, and antiproliferative activity toward tumor cellsPatrick H K Ngai
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 314:988-93. 2004..slight similarity to some lectins and fungal immunomodulatory proteins, was isolated from the mushroom Ganoderma capense (Lloyd) Teng...
- Ganoderma tsugae in vivo modulates Th1/Th2 and macrophage responses in an allergic murine modelJin Yuarn Lin
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuokuang Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, ROC
Food Chem Toxicol 44:2025-32. 2006We have reported that Ganoderma tsugae supplementation alleviates bronchoalveolar inflammation in an airway sensitization and challenge model with female BALB/c mice. However, the effects of G...
- Aldose reductase inhibitors from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma applanatumSanghyun Lee
Natural Products Research Institute and College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 28:1103-5. 2005The isolation and characterization of rat lens aldose reductase (RLAR) inhibitors from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma applanatum were conducted. Among the extracts and fractions from G...
- Ganoderiol F, a ganoderma triterpene, induces senescence in hepatoma HepG2 cellsUe Min Chang
Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences and Medical Biotechnology, College of Medicine, Taiwan ROC
Life Sci 79:1129-39. 2006Ganoderiol F (GolF), a tetracyclic triterpene, was isolated from Ganoderma amboinense and found to induce senescence of cancer cell lines...
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses of nucleosides and nucleobases in Ganoderma spp. by HPLC-DAD-MSJ L Gao
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Taipa, Macau, China
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:807-11. 2007..developed for detection of the nucleosides and nucleobases in two species of Lingzhi, the dried sporophore of Ganoderma lucidum and G. sinense...
- Antifungal activity of sterols and triterpenes isolated from Ganoderma annulareE F A Smania
Departamento de Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC 88040 900, Brazil
Fitoterapia 74:375-7. 2003..and five triterpenes, applanoxidic acids A, C, F, G and H, have been isolated from Ganoderma annulare...
- Lanostane triterpenoids from the Sri Lankan basidiomycete Ganoderma applanatumE Dilip de Silva
Department of Chemistry, University of Colombo, P O Box 1490, Colombo 3, Sri Lanka
J Nat Prod 69:1245-8. 2006..acid (5), have been isolated from the EtOAc extract of the fruiting body of Ganoderma applanatum...
- Comparison of rapid DNA extraction methods applied to PCR identification of medicinal mushroom Ganoderma sppXuanwei Zhou
Plant Biotechnology Research Center, School of Agriculture and Biology, Fudan SJTU Nottingham Plant Biotechnology R and D Center Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, PR China
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 37:369-80. 2007..The method developed could effectively eliminate the influence of the secondary metabolites to DNA extraction. The DNA samples extracted from the developed method could be successfully used for PCR applications...
- Stem rots of oil palm caused by Ganoderma boninense: pathogen biology and epidemiologyC A Pilotti
PNG Oil Palm Research Association Inc, P O Box 36, Alotau, Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea
Mycopathologia 159:129-37. 2005..into the causal pathogen have revealed that the stem rots in PNG are caused predominantly by the basidiomycete Ganoderma boninense, with a minor pathogen identified as G. tornatum G...
- Following basal stem rot in young oil palm plantingsG Panchal
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Birkbeck College, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HX, UK
Mycopathologia 159:123-7. 2005The PCR primer GanET has previously been shown to be suitable for the specific amplification of DNA from Ganoderma boninense. A DNA extraction and PCR method has been developed that allows for the amplification of the G...
- Investigations on the causes of upper stem rot (USR) on standing mature oil palmsY Hasan
Bah Lias Research Station, PTPP London Sumatra Indonesia Tbk, P O Box 1154, Medan 20011, North Sumatra, Indonesia
Mycopathologia 159:109-12. 2005..In the second experiment, particular attention was given to ensure that the Ganoderma spores were freshly collected to maintain viability but no infection was observed around the inoculation sites ..
- Quantitative determination of bitter principles in specimens of Ganoderma lucidum using high-performance liquid chromatography and its application to the evaluation of ganoderma productsJiang Jing Gao
Institute of Natural Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 230 0194, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 52:688-95. 2004For quantitative determination of 19 triterpene constituents, including six ganoderma alcohols (1-6) and 13 ganoderma acids (7-19), in the products of Ganoderma lucidum, an analytical system was developed using high-performance liquid ..
- Studies on oil palm trunks as sources of infection in the fieldJ Flood
CABI Bioscience, Bakeham Lane, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9TY, United Kingdom
Mycopathologia 159:101-7. 2005Diseases of oil palm caused by Ganoderma boninense are of major economic importance in much of South-East Asia...
- Possible sources of genetic resistance in oil palm (Elaeis guineensis Jacq.) to basal stem rot caused by Ganoderma boninense--prospects for future breedingT Durand-Gasselin
Tree Crops Department, Oil Palm Programme, CIRAD CP, TA 80 03, 34398, Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mycopathologia 159:93-100. 2005Oil palm estates in southeast Asia suffer from substantial losses due to basal stem rot caused by Ganoderma boninense...
- New lanostane-type triterpenoids from Ganoderma applanatumSang Hee Shim
Natural Products Research Institute and College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, 28 Yeungun dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 460, Korea
J Nat Prod 67:1110-3. 2004Four new lanostane-type triterpenes were isolated from the MeOH extract of the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma applanatum...
- [Comparative study on triterpenes in different Ganoderma species]Zengtao Xing
Edible Fungi Institute, Shanghai Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Shanghai
Zhong Yao Cai 27:575-6. 2004The triterpene profiles of different Ganoderma products was analysed by HPLC. The results showed that the seven-day fermented mycelia had little triterpene and different growth stages fruiting bodies almost had changeless triterpene...
- Morphological variation and host range of two Ganoderma species from Papua New GuineaCarmel A Pilotti
PNG Oil Palm Research Association, PR O Box 36, Alotau, Milne Bay Province, Papua New Guinea
Mycopathologia 158:251-65. 2004Two species of Ganoderma belonging to different subgenera which cause disease on oil palms in PNG are identified by basidiome morphology and the morphology of their basidiospores. The names G. boninense and G. tornatum have been applied...
- [Correlations between the characters of the mycelium vegetative growth and the formation of the fruiting body of Ganoderma luciderm]Shu Fang Wang
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:21-3. 2006To select a proper Ganoderma luciderm strain for the fruiting body production.
- Ganoderic acid X, a lanostanoid triterpene, inhibits topoisomerases and induces apoptosis of cancer cellsChyi Hann Li
Graduate Institute of Medical Technology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Life Sci 77:252-65. 2005Lanostanoid triterpenes isolated from Ganoderma amboinense were found to inhibit the growth of numerous cancer cell lines, and some of them inhibited the activities of topoisomerases I and IIalpha in vitro...
- Anti-HIV-1 protease activity of lanostane triterpenes from the vietnamese mushroom Ganoderma colossumRiham Salah El Dine
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan
J Nat Prod 71:1022-6. 2008..VII (3), and colossolactone VIII (4), were isolated from the fruiting bodies of the Vietnamese mushroom Ganoderma colossum, together with the known compound colossolactone E (5)...
- [Chemical constituents of the spores of Ganoderma lucidum]Xiao qi Zhang
Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Natural Products, Jinan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Zhong Yao Cai 31:41-4. 2008To study the chemical constituents of the sporoderm-broken spores of Ganoderma lucidum.
- [Effect of Ganoderma triterpene on proliferation of dendritic cells from mouse spleen]Bin Wang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Guangzhou UTCM, Guangzhou 510405
Zhong Yao Cai 28:577-9. 2005To investigate the effect of Ganoderma Triterpene (GT) on proliferation of Dendritic cells (DC) from mouse spleen.
- Constituents from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma applanatum and their aldose reductase inhibitory activitySang Hyun Lee
Department of Applied Plant Science, College of Industrial Science, Chung Ang University, Anseong, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 29:479-83. 2006Eight compounds were isolated from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma applanatum, and were identified as 2-methoxyfatty acids (1), 5-dihydroergosterol (2), ergosterol peroxide (3) 3beta,7beta, 20,23xi-tetrahydroxy-11,15-dioxolanosta-8-en-..
- [Studies on chemical constituents from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma sinense Zhao, Xu et Zhang]Chao Liu
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Ministry of Education, Beijing 100050, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 32:235-7. 2007To study the chemical constituents from the fruiting bodies of Ganoderma sinense Zhao, Xu et Zhang.
- Two new lanostanoids from Ganoderma resinaceumXue Mei Niu
School of Chinese Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:659-64. 2007..with a known compound, 3-oxo-5alpha-lanosta-8,24-dien-21-oic acid (3), were isolated from the fruiting body of Ganoderma resinaceum. The structure elucidation was accomplished by spectroscopic methods, especially NMR experiments...
- Two novel lanostane triterpenoids from Ganoderma sinenseYin Qiao
State Key Laboratory Phytochemistry and Plant Resource in West China, Kunming Institute of Botany, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming 650204, PR China
Molecules 12:2038-46. 2007....
- Solid-state fermentation for enhanced production of laccase using indigenously isolated Ganoderma spMadhavi S Revankar
Food Engineering and Technology Department, Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 143:16-26. 2007Laccase production by solid-state fermentation (SSF) using an indigenously isolated white rot basidiomycete Ganoderma sp. was studied...
- An unlikely cause of anemia and abdominal painTatiana Levit
Department of Internal Medicine F, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:408-9. 2007
- A prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the platelet and global hemostatic effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Ling-Zhi) in healthy volunteersYung Kwok
Department of Anaesthesiology, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Anesth Analg 101:423-6, table of contents. 2005b>Ganoderma lucidum is a Chinese herbal medicine popular with cancer patients. Previous in vitro studies suggested that Ganoderma lucidum might impair hemostasis...
- Influence of Ganoderma lucidum on blood biochemistry and immunocompetence in horsesShao Wen Lai
Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Am J Chin Med 32:931-40. 2004The characteristic ingredients of Ganoderma lucidum, such as polysaccharides, triterpenoids, nucleic acids and small proteins, have been found and proved to have many special pharmacological properties...
- Diseases caused by Ganoderma spp. on perennial crops in PakistanNasreen Nasir
Research Committee, Pakistan Coconut and Oil Palm Plantation Society, DHA Degree College for Women, Khayaban e ghalib, Phase 8, Defence Housing Authority, Karachi, Pakistan
Mycopathologia 159:119-21. 2005b>Ganoderma applanatum (Pres. Wallr) Pat. and G. lucidum (Leyss. ex Fr.) Karst attack species of Pinus, Dalbergia, Artocarpus, Morus, Cedrus, Melia, Quercus, Populus and other trees in Pakistan causing stem, butt and root rot diseases...
- Ganoderma diseases of perennial crops in India--an overviewK V Sankaran
Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi 680653, Kerala, India
Mycopathologia 159:143-52. 2005The species of Ganoderma recorded from India as causing diseases of perennial crops are listed, and their host range and taxonomy discussed. Four new hosts of G. lucidum are also reported...
- [The pharmacological study of Ganoderma spores and their active components]Zhi bin Lin
Department of Pharmacology, Peking University School of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing 100083, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 38:541-7. 2006Recently, the pharmacological study of Ganoderma spores and active components has become a focus of attention in the world. The present review is based on the auctorial research on Ganoderma spores...
- Ganoderma tsugae supplementation alleviates bronchoalveolar inflammation in an airway sensitization and challenge mouse modelJin Yuarn Lin
Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuokuang Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan, Republic of China ROC
Int Immunopharmacol 6:241-51. 2006b>Ganoderma tsugae (a Chinese mushroom Songshan lingzhi) cultivated in Taiwan is extensively used in Chinese traditional medicine to treat different diseases. To determine whether G...
- Development of fungal mycelia as a skin substitute: characterization of keratinocyte proliferation and matrix metalloproteinase expression during improvement in the wound-healing processChing Hua Su
Graduate Institute of Biomedical Material Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Mater Res A 72:220-7. 2005SACCHACHITIN membranes, prepared from the waste residue of the fruiting body of Ganoderma taugae, were used in our previous study to enhance skin wound healing in animal models...
- [The kinetic characteristics of mycelium growth of medicinal mushroom Ganoderma sinense in liquid-submerged cultivation]Jianhua Gong
Institute of Microbiology, Academia Sinica, Beijing 100080, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 42:93-8. 2002The study was carried out to investigate the kinetic characteristics of Ganoderma sinense mycelium growth in liquid-submerged cultivation, using a air-lift bioreactor ALR/ff specially designed for the cultivation of mushrooms' suspending ..
- The immune effects of edible fungus polysaccharides compounds in miceYuanmin Yin
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, Zhejiang University, 268 Kaixuan Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 310029
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:258-60. 2007..5: 0.5) extracted from Lentinus edodes, Ganoderma lucidium and Grifola frondosa...
- Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides peptide inhibits the growth of vascular endothelial cell and the induction of VEGF in human lung cancer cellQi zhen Cao
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing, 100083, China
Life Sci 78:1457-63. 2006b>Ganoderma lucidum Polysaccharide Peptide (Gl-PP) has shown some effects as anti-tumors in mice and potential anti-angiogenesis. In this study, we elucidated the possible mechanism of Gl-PP action on anti-angiogenesis of tumor...
- [Effects of the polysaccharides isolated from ganoderma applanatum (PGA) on the level of PGE2 and gastric mucosal blood flow (GMBF) and gastric mucus secretion of rats with gastric mucosa injury]Ming Yang
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica, Changchun 130021, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1176-8. 2005To investigate the protective effects of the polysaccharides isolated from ganoderma applanatum (PGA) on gastric mucosal injury in rats and the underlying mechanism.
- [Atmospheric concentration of fungus spores in Ankara and the effect of meteorological factors in 2003 period]Talip Ceter
Kastamonu Üniversitesi Fen Edebiyat Fakültesi, Biyoloji Bolumu, Kastamonu
Mikrobiyol Bul 43:627-38. 2009..Curvularia, Coprinus, Nigrospora, Periconia, Melanomma, Torula, Ascobolus, Agrocybe, Pithomyces, Stemphyllium, Ganoderma, Boletus, Peronospora, Venturia, Paraphaeosphaeria, Epicoccum, Didymella, Chaetomium and Fusarium rates between ..
- Update from Asia. Asian studies on cancer chemopreventionT K Yun
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Korea Cancer Center Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 889:157-92. 1999..In brief, ascorbic acid, soybean lecithin, capsaicin, biochanin A, Ganoderma lucidum, caffeine, and a novel synthetic 2-(allylthio)pyrazine decrease the incidence of mouse lung tumors, ..
- Immunomodulatory capacity of fungal proteins on the cytokine production of human peripheral blood mononuclear cellsPrescilla V Jeurink
Cell Biology and Immunology Group, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Int Immunopharmacol 8:1124-33. 2008..Eight mushroom strains (Agaricus blazei, Coprinus comatus, Flammulina velutipes, Ganoderma lucidum, Grifola frondosa, Volvariella volvacea, Lentinus edodes, and Pleurotus ostreatus) were tested for the ..
- [Effects of extracts of Chinese medicines on Ganoderma lucidum in submerged culture]Hailong Yang
Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214036, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 43:519-22. 2003..on biomass and exopolysaccharide of Ganoderma lucidum were studied by submerged culture...
- Changes in weight gain, faecal oocyst count and packed cell volume of Eimeria tenella-infected broilers treated with a wild mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) aqueous extractA O Ogbe
Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology, National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom, Nigeria
J S Afr Vet Assoc 80:97-102. 2009An experiment was conducted to study the effect of a wild Ganoderma lucidum aqueous extract in coccidian-infected broilers. At 6 weeks of age the birds were randomly allocated to 6 treatment groups of 20 Ross broilers each in wire cages...
- Immunomodulatory and antimicrobial effects of some traditional chinese medicinal herbs: a reviewBenny K H Tan
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 18 Medical Drive, Singapore 117597
Curr Med Chem 11:1423-30. 2004..Aloaceae), Angelica species (Umbelliferae), Astragalus membranaceus Bunge. (Leguminosae), Ganoderma lucidum (Fr.) Karst. (Ganodermataceae), Panax ginseng C.A Mey...
- Ganoderma spore lipid inhibits N-methyl-N-nitrosourea-induced retinal photoreceptor apoptosis in vivoYang Gao
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 54 Xianlie Road South, Guangzhou 510060, China
Exp Eye Res 90:397-404. 2010The purpose of the present study was to investigate the effect of Ganoderma spores lipid (GSL) on Bax, Bcl-xl and Caspase-3 expression in damaged retina and to address the effect of GSL on photoreceptor cell lesions induced by N-methyl-N-..
- Antiviral/Antitumor Roles of Ganoderma Lucidum SporesRui Liu; Fiscal Year: 2005..Therefore, there is an urgent need for novel or alternative treatment methods for HBV therapy. Ganoderma lucidum spores used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) have been shown to have antiviral and anticancer ..
- Effect of Mushroom Extracts on Prostate CancerJoel Slaton; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) contain a number of bioactive compounds including triterpenes which can down-regulate MMP-9, a ..