Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus of ascomycetous fungi of the family Saccharomycetaceae, order SACCHAROMYCETALES.
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Modeling yeast spoilage in cold-filled ready-to-drink beverages with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Zygosaccharomyces bailii, and Candida lipolyticaAlyce Stiles Battey
Food Risk Analysis Initiative, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901 8520, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:1901-6. 2002..with a yeast cocktail (100 microl/50 ml) consisting of equal proportions of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Zygosaccharomyces bailii, and Candida lipolytica (approximately 5.0 x 10(4) CFU/ml each)...
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the Zygosaccharomyces bailii HIS3 gene encoding the imidazole glycerolphosphate dehydratasePaola Branduardi
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza, 2 20126 Milano, Italy
Yeast 19:1165-70. 2002b>Zygosaccharomyces bailii is a spoilage yeast belonging to the Zygosaccharomyces genus...
- A new strategy for inhibition of the spoilage yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii based on combination of a membrane-active peptide with an oligosaccharide that leads to an impaired glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-dependent yeaI J Bom
Unilever Research Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
FEMS Yeast Res 1:187-94. 2001..of yeast cells to the antimicrobial peptide were obtained with the notorious food spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii...
- Comparison of media performances for the recovery of some yeasts from grape juiceSule Senses Ergul
Food Engineering Department, Faculty of Engineering, Hacettepe University, Beytepe 06532, Ankara, Turkey
J Gen Appl Microbiol 51:51-5. 2005
- Comparative genomics of protoploid SaccharomycetaceaeJean Luc Souciet
Universite de Strasbourg, CNRS UMR, France
Genome Res 19:1696-709. 2009..and Saccharomyces (Lachancea) kluyveri (two members of the newly described Lachancea clade), and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii...
- Individual cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii exhibit different short-term intracellular pH responses to acetic acidN Arneborg
Department of Dairy and Food Science, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Arch Microbiol 174:125-8. 2000..of glucose on short-term intracellular pH (pH(i)) changes in individual Saccharormyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii cells were studied using fluorescence-ratio-imaging microscopy and a perfusion system. In the S...
- Detection of viable Zygosaccharomyces bailii in fruit juices using ethidium monoazide bromide and real-time PCRHelen Rawsthorne
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 3141 Chestnut Street, Stratton Hall, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 131:246-50. 2009..31 x 10(6) CFU/ml) and this was also seen in the other two injured populations. Thus we feel that we have designed an assay which will be useful for the detection of viable spoilage yeasts in various fruit juices...
- Molecular evidence for the existence of natural hybrids in the genus ZygosaccharomycesStephen A James
National Collection of Yeast Cultures NCYC, Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UA, United Kingdom
FEMS Yeast Res 5:747-55. 200526S rDNA D1/D2 sequencing was used to characterise a number of food-associated Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strains held at the National Collection of Yeast Cultures...
- Heterologous protein production in Zygosaccharomyces bailii: physiological effects and fermentative strategiesIleana Vigentini
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milan, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 5:647-52. 2005..The ability of Zygosaccharomyces bailii to tolerate high sugar concentrations as well as high temperatures and acidic environments renders ..
- The Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strain CBS732 contains only one copy of the HOG1 and the SOD2 genesO Kinclová
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology CzAcadSci, Videnska 1083, 142 20 4, Prague, Czech Republic
J Biotechnol 88:151-8. 2001The osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii CBS732 contains only one copy of the ZrHOG1 and ZrSOD2-22 genes. Both genes were cloned and sequenced (Acc. Nos...
- Efficient transformation of the osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii by electroporationLenka Pribylova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology AS CR, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague 4, Czech Republic
J Microbiol Methods 55:481-4. 2003A rapid and simple electroporation method to transform osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii has been developed and conditions for efficient transformation of mutants derived from different Z. rouxii wild-type strains optimized.
- Tools for the genetic manipulation of Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiLenka Pribylova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
FEMS Yeast Res 7:1285-94. 2007A set of tools for the genetic manipulation of the osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii was developed. Auxotrophic mutants (ura3 leu2, ura3 ade2, ura3 leu2 ade2) derived from the CBS 732 type strain were prepared...
- Amplification of a Zygosaccharomyces bailii DNA segment in wine yeast genomes by extrachromosomal circular DNA formationVirginie Galeote
INRA, UMR1083 Sciences Pour l Œnologie, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 6:e17872. 2011..We report here evidence for the amplification of one of these segments, a 17 kb DNA segment from Zygosaccharomyces bailii, in the genome of S. cerevisiae strains...
- Recent allopolyploid origin of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strain ATCC 42981Jonathan L Gordon
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland
Yeast 25:449-56. 2008b>Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strain ATCC 42981 has been reported to have two copies of several genes including HOG1 and SOD2, whereas the type strain of Z. rouxii (CBS 732) has only one...
- Adaptive response to acetic acid in the highly resistant yeast species Zygosaccharomyces bailii revealed by quantitative proteomicsJoana F Guerreiro
Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Department of Bioengineering, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
Proteomics 12:2303-18. 2012b>Zygosaccharomyces bailii is the most tolerant yeast species to acetic acid-induced toxicity, being able to grow in the presence of concentrations of this food preservative close to the legal limits. For this reason, Z...
- Mechanisms of chromosome number evolution in yeastJonathan L Gordon
Smurfit Institute of Genetics, Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
PLoS Genet 7:e1002190. 2011..number of chromosomes in post-WGD species now ranges between 10 and 16, and the number in non-WGD species (Zygosaccharomyces, Kluyveromyces, Lachancea, and Ashbya) ranges between 6 and 8...
- Genome size and ploidy level: new insights for elucidating relationships in Zygosaccharomyces speciesLisa Solieri
Department of Agricultural and Food Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via Amendola 2, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Fungal Genet Biol 45:1582-90. 2008..We applied complementary molecular tools to highlight differences in genome size and ploidy between Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strain CBS 732T and other related wild strains (ATCC 42981, ABT 301, and ABT 601)...
- Isolation of an acetyl-CoA synthetase gene (ZbACS2) from Zygosaccharomyces bailiiFernando Rodrigues
Instituto de Ciências da Vida e Saúde, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Yeast 21:325-31. 2004..to Saccharomyces cerevisiae ACS genes, coding for acetyl-CoA synthetase, has been cloned from the yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii ISA 1307, by using reverse genetic approaches. A probe obtained by PCR amplification from Z...
- A new putative Zygosaccharomyces yeast species isolated from traditional balsamic vinegarLisa Solieri
Department of Agricultural Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via J F Kennedy 17, 42100 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Yeast 24:403-17. 2007The taxonomic status and species number of the genus Zygosaccharomyces have rapidly changed in the last years. In this study, two new osmotolerant Zygosaccharomyces strains isolated from traditional balsamic vinegar, viz...
- Improved transformation of the halo-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii by electroporationJun Watanabe
Manufacturing Division, Yamasa Corporation, Choushi, Chiba, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 74:1092-4. 2010To improve the transformation efficiency of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii by electroporation, glycerol was added to the electroporation buffer and the cells were frozen at -80 degrees C...
- Zygocin, a secreted antifungal toxin of the yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii, and its effect on sensitive fungal cellsFrank Weiler
Angewandte Molekularbiologie, FR 8 3, Gebäude 2, Universitat des Saarlandes, P O Box 151150, D 66041, Saarbrucken, Germany
FEMS Yeast Res 3:69-76. 2003Zygocin, a protein toxin produced and secreted by a killer virus-infected strain of the osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii, kills a great variety of human and phytopathogenic yeasts and filamentous fungi...
- The spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii forms mitotic spores: a screening method for haploidizationFernando Rodrigues
Instituto de Ciências da Vida e Saúde and Centro de Ciências do Ambiente, Departamento de Biologia, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:649-53. 2003b>Zygosaccharomyces bailii ISA 1307 and the type strain of this spoilage yeast show a diploid DNA content...
- A peculiar stimulatory effect of acetic and lactic acid on growth and fermentative metabolism of Zygosaccharomyces bailiiT D T Dang
Laboratory of Food Microbiology and Food Preservation, Department of Food Safety and Food Quality, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Food Microbiol 26:320-7. 2009..g. acetic and lactic acid, on microorganisms have previously been reported. Especially in case of Zygosaccharomyces bailii, a peculiar growth stimulation by these two acids has recently been noticed...
- The osmotolerant fructophilic yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii employs two plasma-membrane fructose uptake systems belonging to a new family of yeast sugar transportersMaria José Leandro
CBAA, Instituto Superior de Agromonia, TUL, 1349 017 Lisboa, Portugal
Microbiology 157:601-8. 2011Owing to its high resistance to weak-acid preservatives and extreme osmotolerance, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii is one of the main spoilage yeasts of sweet foods and beverages. In contrast with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Z...
- Production of D-arabitol by a newly isolated Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiBadal C Saha
Fermentation Biotechnology Research Unit, National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Peoria, IL 61604, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 34:519-23. 2007A newly isolated Zygosaccharomyces rouxii NRRL 27,624 produced D-arabitol as the main metabolic product from glucose. In addition, it also produced ethanol and glycerol. The optimal conditions were temperature 30 degrees C, pH 5...
- Zygosaccharomyces lentus: a significant new osmophilic, preservative-resistant spoilage yeast, capable of growth at low temperatureH Steels
Microbiology Section, Unilever Research, Bedford, UK
J Appl Microbiol 87:520-7. 1999b>Zygosaccharomyces lentus is a yeast species recently identified from its physiology and 18S ribosomal sequencing (Steels et al. 1999)...
- Zygosaccharomyces sapae sp. nov., isolated from Italian traditional balsamic vinegarLisa Solieri
Department of Life Sciences, Via Amendola 2, Padiglione Besta, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, 42121 Reggio Emilia, Italy
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 63:364-71. 2013..D1/D2 domains of the 26S rRNA gene indicated that these strains represented a distinct species of the genus Zygosaccharomyces, closely related to Zygosaccharomyces rouxii and Zygosaccharomyces mellis...
- Physiological characterization of spoilage strains of Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii isolated from high sugar environmentsPatricia Martorell
Departamento de Biotecnologia, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, P O Box 73, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 114:234-42. 2007Two isolates of spoilage yeasts Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii were obtained from a high sugar environment, in a factory producing candied fruit and nougat. Other strains, Z...
- Osmoresistant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii: the two most studied wild-type strains (ATCC 2623 and ATCC 42981) differ in osmotolerance and glycerol metabolismLenka Pribylova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology AS CR, 142 20 Prague 4, Czech Republic
Yeast 24:171-80. 2007The yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii is known for its high tolerance to osmotic stress, which is thought to be caused by sets of specific genes. Relatively few Z...
- Production of L-ascorbic acid by metabolically engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailiiMichael Sauer
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milan, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:6086-91. 2004..intermediates from the plant or animal pathway leading to l-ascorbic acid, Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii cells accumulate the vitamin intracellularly. Overexpression of the S...
- Formation of 5-methyl-4-hydroxy-3[2H]-furanone in cytosolic extracts obtained from Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiTobias Hauck
Lehrstuhl fur Lebensmittelchemie, Universitat Wurzburg, Am Hubland, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 51:1410-4. 2003..HMF, norfuraneol) was demonstrated in cytosolic protein extracts obtained from Zygosaccharomyces rouxii after incubation with a number of carbohydrate phosphates...
- Genomic exploration of the hemiascomycetous yeasts: 8. Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiJ De Montigny
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, UPRES A 7010 ULP CNRS, Institut de Botanique, Strasbourg, France
FEBS Lett 487:52-5. 2000This paper reports the genomic analysis of strain CBS732 of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, a homothallic diploid yeast...
- Synergistic inhibitory effect of citral with selected phenolics against Zygosaccharomyces bailiiKarla Rivera-Carriles
Departamento de Ingeniería Química y Alimentos, Universidad de las Américas, Puebla, Cholula, Puebla, Mexico
J Food Prot 68:602-6. 2005Antifungal susceptibilities of Zygosaccharomyces bailii to individual and binary mixtures of citral with selected phenolics were evaluated to identify synergistic combinations...
- Targeted gene deletion in Zygosaccharomyces bailiiM Mollapour
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Yeast 18:173-86. 2001Yeasts of the genus Zygosaccharomyces are notable agents of large-scale food spoilage...
- Characterisation of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii centromeres and construction of first Z. rouxii centromeric vectorsLenka Pribylova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology, vvi, Videnska 1083, 142 20, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Chromosome Res 15:439-45. 2007b>Zygosaccharomyces rouxii is a hemiascomycetous yeast known for its high osmotolerance, the basis of which still remains unknown. By exploring the Génolevures I database, four Z...
- Ffz1, a new transporter specific for fructose from Zygosaccharomyces bailiiCarlos Pina
Dep Botânica e Engenharia Biológica, Instituto Superior de Agronomia, 1349 017 Lisbon, Portugal
Microbiology 150:2429-33. 2004The basis of fructophily in the yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii has been shown to reside in the performance of transport systems for hexoses. In this study, a gene encoding a fructose-specific transporter was characterized...
- Acetic acid induces a programmed cell death process in the food spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailiiPaula Ludovico
Centro de Ciências do Ambiente Departamento de Biologia, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4719 057, Braga, Portugal
FEMS Yeast Res 3:91-6. 2003Here we show that 320-800 mM acetic acid induces in Zygosaccharomyces bailii a programmed cell death (PCD) process that is inhibited by cycloheximide, is accompanied by structural and biochemical alterations typical of apoptosis, and ..
- The yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii: a new host for heterologous protein production, secretion and for metabolic engineering applicationsPaola Branduardi
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Bioscienze, Universita degli Studi di Milano Bicocca, Piazza della Scienza 2, 20126 Milan, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 4:493-504. 2004..the production of heterologous proteins and metabolic engineering applications of the non-conventional yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii were developed. The combination of Z...
- Identification of salt-induced genes of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii by using Saccharomyces cerevisiae GeneFiltersSung Ah Schoondermark-Stolk
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and the Institute of Biomembranes, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, The Netherlands
FEMS Yeast Res 2:525-32. 2002..cerevisiae open reading frame (ORF) sequences were used to elucidate gene activity in the osmotolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii. Labelled cDNA derived from Z. rouxii was targeted to spotted S. cerevisiae ORFs...
- The Zygosaccharomyces bailii antifungal virus toxin zygocin: cloning and expression in a heterologous fungal hostFrank Weiler
Angewandte Molekularbiologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, Saarbrucken, Germany
Mol Microbiol 46:1095-105. 2002..a monomeric protein toxin secreted by a virus-infected killer strain of the osmotolerant spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii, kills a broad spectrum of human and phytopathogenic yeasts and filamentous fungi by disrupting ..
- Detection of antifungal properties in Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei SM20, SM29, and SM63 and molecular typing of the strainsSusanne Miescher Schwenninger
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
J Food Prot 68:111-9. 2005..Out of 1,424 isolates tested, 82 were shown to be inhibitory to different yeasts (Candida spp. and Zygosaccharomyces bailii) and a Penicillium sp., which were previously isolated from spoiled yoghurt and fruits...
- Controlling the proliferation of Zygosaccharomyces bailii in ephedrine anti-phlegm cough mixtureC Charnock
Faculty of Health Sciences, Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway
J Clin Pharm Ther 30:329-35. 2005To explain a reported proliferation of Zygosaccharomyces bailii in a commercially available ephedrine anti-phlegm cough mixture preserved with 0.1% sodium benzoate, and to present a strategy for controlling its growth.
- Inhibitory activity of essential oils of garlic and onion against bacteria and yeastsJay W Kim
Department of Food Science, Sejong University, Kunja Dong, Kwangjin ku, Seoul 143 747, Korea
J Food Prot 67:499-504. 2004..Film formation on soy sauce by Zygosaccharomyces rouxii SS1 was completely prevented for 30 days by the addition of 30 and 40 ppm of garlic oil and onion oil,..
- Potential of using real-time PCR-based detection of spoilage yeast in fruit juice--a preliminary studyGarrett D Casey
Department of Microbiology, University College, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland
Int J Food Microbiol 91:327-35. 2004A real-time PCR system was used to differentiate between the common spoilage yeasts, Zygosaccharomyces bailii, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, Candida krusei, Rhodotorula glutinis and Saccharomyces cerevisiae, based on melting peak Tm analysis ..
- Aerobic sugar metabolism in the spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailiiAnnamaria Merico
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomolecolari e Biotecnologie, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Celoria 26, 20133, Milan, Italy
FEMS Yeast Res 4:277-83. 2003Despite the importance of some Zygosaccharomyces species as agents causing spoilage of food, the carbon and energy metabolism of most of them is yet largely unknown. This is the case with Zygosaccharomyces bailii...
- Caffeine induces macroautophagy and confers a cytocidal effect on food spoilage yeast in combination with benzoic acidGal Winter
Department of Biochemistry and Food Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Autophagy 4:28-36. 2008..In this report, we demonstrate that Zygosaccharomyces bailii, a food spoilage yeast with relatively high resistance to weak acid stress, also exhibits a cytocidal ..
- Pentadiene production from potassium sorbate by osmotolerant yeastsE Casas
Departamento de Microbiologia III, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, c Jose Antonio Novais 2, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 94:93-6. 2004Some yeast strains belonging to the species Zygosaccharomyces rouxii and Debaryomyces hansenii are capable of spoiling sorbate containing high-sugar foods by producing pentadiene, a volatile compound reported to have 'petroleum-like' ..
- Structural analysis of a novel saccharide isolated from fermented beverage of plant extractHideki Okada
Ohtaka kohso, Co Ltd, Otaru 047 0193, Japan
Carbohydr Res 341:925-9. 2006..Natural fermentation was carried out mainly by lactic acid bacteria (Leuconostoc spp.) and yeast (Zygosaccharomyces spp. and Pichia spp.)...
- Plasma membrane H+ and K+ transporters are involved in the weak-acid preservative response of disparate food spoilage yeastsNeil Macpherson
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
Microbiology 151:1995-2003. 2005The food spoilage yeasts Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Saccharomyces cerevisiae have been proposed to resist weak-acid preservative stress by different means; Z. bailii by limiting influx of preservative combined with its catabolism, S...
- Differences in osmotolerant and cell-wall properties of two Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strainsL Pribylova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 142 20 Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 52:241-5. 2007The osmotolerant and cell wall properties of the two most studied wild-type Zygosaccharomyces rouxii strains (CBS 732 and ATCC 42981) were examined...
- The effect of citric acid and pH on growth and metabolism of anaerobic Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii culturesMarina Karelina Nielsen
Department of Food Science, Food Microbiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Rolighedsvej 30, 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Food Microbiol 24:101-5. 2007..0, 4.0, and 4.5 on growth and metabolism of anaerobic Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces bailii cultures were investigated. S. cerevisiae and Z...
- A real-time PCR assay for the enumeration and detection of Zygosaccharomyces bailii from wine and fruit juicesHelen Rawsthorne
3141 Chestnut Street, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Stratton Hall, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Food Microbiol 112:1-7. 2006b>Zygosaccharomyces bailii is a major food and beverage spoilage organism. Existing methods for its detection involve lengthy enrichment techniques and then the result does not always differentiate between Z...
- Co-expression of the Na(+)/H(+)-antiporter and H(+)-ATPase genes of the salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, National University Corporation Ehime University, Matsuyama, Ehime 790 8566, Japan
FEMS Yeast Res 5:411-7. 2005We cloned two genes from the salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii: ZrSOD2 for the cell membrane Na(+)/H(+)-antiporter and ZrPMA1 for the cell membrane H(+)-ATPase...
- Effects of the amino-carbonyl reaction of ribose and glycine on the formation of the 2(or 5)-ethyl-5(or 2)-methyl-4-hydroxy-3(2H)-furanone aroma component specific to miso by halo-tolerant yeastEtsuko Sugawara
Faculty of Education, Iwate University, Ueda, Morioka, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1761-3. 2007..the aroma component specific to miso and soy sauce, was promoted by cultivating the halo-tolerant yeast, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, in a medium including the amino-carbonyl reaction products based on ribose and glycine...
- ATP requirements for benzoic acid tolerance in Zygosaccharomyces bailiiJ S Leyva
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 98:121-6. 2005To calculate the energetic requirements for benzoic acid tolerance in Zygosaccharomyces bailii in chemostat experiments.
- Production of glutaminase (E.C.126.96.36.199) from Zygosaccharomyces rouxii: statistical optimization using response surface methodologyPadma Iyer
Food Engineering and Technology, Department, Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai, Matunga, Mumbai 400 019, India
Bioresour Technol 99:4300-7. 2008..chloride, and glutamine, identified earlier by one-factor-at-a-time approach, on glutaminase production by Zygosaccharomyces rouxii. A significant influence of yeast extract on glutaminase production was noted...
- Evolution of divergent DNA recognition specificities in VDE homing endonucleases from two yeast speciesKaren L Posey
Center for Genome Research, Institute of Biosciences and Technology, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 2121 W Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:3947-56. 2004..Only two enzymes are active, PI-ZbaI from Zygosaccharomyces bailii and PI-ScaI from Saccharomyces cariocanus. PI-ZbaI cleaves the Z...
- Identification of conserved prolyl residue important for transport activity and the substrate specificity range of yeast plasma membrane Na+/H+ antiportersOlga Kinclova-Zimmermannova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology AS CR, Prague 4, 142 20, Czech Republic
J Biol Chem 280:30638-47. 2005..To identify amino acid residues responsible for substrate specificity determination (recognition of K+), the Zygosaccharomyces rouxii Sod2-22 antiporter (non-transporting K+) was mutagenized and a collection of ZrSod2-22 mutants that ..
- Two putative MAP kinase genes, ZrHOG1 and ZrHOG2, cloned from the salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii are functionally homologous to the Saccharomyces cerevisiae HOG1 geneT Iwaki
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
Microbiology 145:241-8. 1999The salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii can adjust its osmotic balance when responding to osmotic shock by accumulating glycerol as the compatible osmolyte. However, the mechanism of glycerol production in Z...
- Oxygen requirements of the food spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii in synthetic and complex mediaF Rodrigues
, Departamento de Biologia, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4710-057 Braga, Portugal
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2123-8. 2001..requirement and regulation of alcoholic fermentation were studied in batch cultures of the spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii at a constant pH, pH 3.0. In aerobic, glucose-grown cultures, Z...
- A mixed culture of Propionibacterium jensenii and Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei inhibits food spoilage yeastsSusanne Miescher Schwenninger
Laboratory of Food Biotechnology, Institute of Food Science and Nutrition, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology ETH, Zurich, Switzerland
Syst Appl Microbiol 27:229-37. 2004..of propionibacteria and 1 x 10(8) cells/g of lactobacilli were the optimal concentrations to yield a total inhibition of the spoilage yeasts (Candida pulcherrima, Candida magnoliae, Candida parapsilosis and Zygosaccharomyces bailii).
- Assessment of mitochondrial membrane potential in yeast cell populations by flow cytometryP Ludovico
, Departamento de Biologia, Universidade do Minho, Campus de Gualtar, 4719-057 Braga Codex, Portugal
Microbiology 147:3335-43. 2001..The method described here allows assessment of Delta Psi m changes in whole yeast cells in response to a given drug. Moreover, the relationship between drug effects and disorders of mitochondrial energetics might be addressed...
- Fermentation and microflora of plaa-som, a thai fermented fish product prepared with different salt concentrationsChristine Paludan-Müller
Department of Seafood Research, Danish Institute for Fisheries Research, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby
Int J Food Microbiol 73:61-70. 2002..Phenotypic characteristics, ITS-PCR and carbohydrate assimilation identified 95% of the yeasts as Zygosaccharomyces rouxii...
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces mellis exhibit different hyperosmotic shock responsesJannik Vindeløv
Department of Dairy and Food Science, Food Microbiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Rolighedsvej 30, DK 1958 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Yeast 19:429-39. 2002..volume, vacuole volume, and intracellular pH (pH(i)) of individual cells of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Zygosaccharomyces mellis was investigated...
- Two novel oligosaccharides isolated from a beverage produced by fermentation of a plant extractNaoki Kawazoe
Ohtakakohso, Co Ltd, Otaru 047 0193, Japan
Carbohydr Res 343:549-54. 2008..and yeast (Zygosaccharomyces spp. and Pichia spp.). Two new saccharides were found in this fermented beverage...
- Physiological characterization of osmotolerant yeast Pichia sorbitophila and comparison with a putative synonym Pichia farinosaL Maresova
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 142 20 Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 48:211-7. 2003..Schizosaccharomyces pombe), but also from those widely known as osmotolerant (Debaryomyces hansenii, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii). P. sorbitophila was able to survive extremely high extracellular concentrations of salts (e.g...
- Heterologous expression of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene (ZrGPD1) and glycerol dehydrogenase gene (ZrGCY1) in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeYasuo Watanabe
Department of Biological Resources, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime Univeristy, Matsuyama, Ehime790 8566, Japan
FEMS Yeast Res 4:505-10. 2004..When the ORF of the Zygosaccharomyces rouxii glycerol 3-phosphate dehydrogenase gene (ZrGPD1) was expressed under the control of the GAL10 ..
- Yeast identification in grape juice concentrates from ArgentinaM Combina
Instituto Nacional de Tecnologia Agropecuaria, EEA Mendoza, Mendoza, Argentina
Lett Appl Microbiol 46:192-7. 2008..The purpose of this study was to identify yeast species present in spoiled and unspoiled grape juice concentrates from Argentine industries...
- 4-hydroxy-2,5-dimethyl-3(2H)-furanone formation by Zygosaccharomyces rouxii: effect of the mediumTobias Hauck
Lehrstuhl fur Lebensmittelchemie, Universitat Wurzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
J Agric Food Chem 51:4753-6. 2003The formation of 4-hydroxy-2,5-dimethyl-3(2H)-furanone (HDMF) by Zygosaccharomyces rouxii was studied in yeast-peptone-dextrose medium containing d-fructose 1,6-diphosphate under various culture conditions...
- Role of the glutamic and aspartic residues in Na+-ATPase function in the ZrENA1 gene of Zygosaccharomyces rouxiiYasuo Watanabe
Laboratory of Biochemistry, Department of Applied Bioscience, Faculty of Agriculture, Ehime University, 3 5 8 Tarumi, Matsuyama shi, 790 8566, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 209:39-43. 2002..negatively charged amino acid residues on the function of Na+ transport proteins of the salt-tolerant yeast Zygosaccharomyces rouxii was examined by heterologous expression of mutant proteins in a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, ..
- Effect of mixed antimicrobial agents and flavors in active packaging filmsLaura Gutierrez
Aragon Institute of Engineering Research I3A, CPS, University of Zaragoza, Maria de Luna 3, 50018 Zaragoza, Spain
J Agric Food Chem 57:8564-71. 2009..choleraesuis, Yersinia enterocolitica, Escherichia coli), yeasts (Candida albicans, Debaryomyces hansenii, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii), and molds (Botrytis cinerae, Aspergillus flavus, Penicillium roqueforti, Eurotium repens, ..
- RAPD analysis of salt-tolerant yeasts from contaminated seasoned pickled plums and their growth inhibition using food additivesShingen Ozaki
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Kinki University, 3327 204, Nakamachi, Nara City, Nara 631 8505, Japan
Biocontrol Sci 13:125-30. 2008..The type strains of each group were identified as Zygosaccharomyces bisporus, Pichia subpeliculosa, and two strains of Candida apicola based on the D1/D2 region sequence of the ..
- Structural analysis of three novel trisaccharides isolated from the fermented beverage of plant extractsHideki Okada
Department of Food and Nutrition Sciences, Graduate School of Dairy Science Research, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu 069 8501, Japan
Chem Cent J 3:8. 2009..Natural fermentation was carried out mainly by lactic acid bacteria (Leuconostoc spp.) and yeast (Zygosaccharomyces spp. and Pichia spp.)...
- Decarboxylation of sorbic acid by spoilage yeasts is associated with the PAD1 geneMalcolm Stratford
School of Biology, University of Nottingham, University Park, Nottingham NG7 2RD, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:6534-42. 2007..The decarboxylation of either sorbic or cinnamic acid was not detected for Zygosaccharomyces, Kazachstania (Saccharomyces sensu lato), Zygotorulaspora, or Torulaspora, the genera containing the most ..
- Antimicrobial activity of Pelargonium essential oils added to a quiche filling as a model food systemM Lis-Balchin
School of Applied Science, South Bank University, London, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 27:207-10. 1998..were added at 250, 500 and 1000 ppm to a quiche filling, inoculated with either Saccharomyces ludwigii or Zygosaccharomyces bailii (at 10(8) cfu g-1), Salmonella enteriditis or Listeria innocua (at 10(9) cfu g-1)...
- Effect of halotolerant starter microorganisms on chemical characteristics of fermented chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) sauceShuji Yoshikawa
Hokkaido Food Processing Research Center, 589 4, Bunkyodai Midorimachi Ebetsu 069 0836, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 58:6410-7. 2010..barley koji (barley steamed and molded with Aspergillus oryzae ) and halotolerant microorganisms (HTMs), Zygosaccharomyces rouxii , Candida versatilis , and Tetragenococcus halophilus , in nine different combinations under non-..
- Distribution of bacteria and fungi in the earthworm Libyodrillus violaceous (Annelida: Oligochaeta), a native earthworm from NigeriaA B Idowu
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria
Rev Biol Trop 54:49-58. 2006..Halobacterium for bacteria. Yeast isolates were identified as Candida spp., Zygosaccharomyces spp., Pichia spp., and Saccharomyces spp while molds were identified as, Aspergillus spp., Pytium spp...
- Yeast species associated with wine grapes in ChinaShuang Shi Li
College of Food Science and Nutritional Engineering, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Int J Food Microbiol 138:85-90. 2010..Cryptococcus flavescens, Pichia fermentans, Candida zemplinina, Cryptococcus carnescens, Candida inconpicua, Zygosaccharomyces fermentati, Issatchenkia terricola, Candida quercitrusa, Hanseniaspora guilliermondii, Candida bombi, ..
- Antimicrobial activity of cinnamon and clove oils under modified atmosphere conditionsN Matan
Faculty of Agro Industry, Department of Product Development, Kasetsart University, Bangkok 10900, Thailand
Int J Food Microbiol 107:180-5. 2006..four yeasts species (Debaryomyces hansenii, Pichia membranaefaciens, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii and Candida lipolytica), and two bacteria species (Staphylococcus aureus and Pediococcus halophilus) ..
- Eukaryote-to-eukaryote gene transfer events revealed by the genome sequence of the wine yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae EC1118Maite Novo
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 1083 Sciences Pour l Oenologie, F 34060 Montpellier, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16333-8. 2009..We identified Zygosaccharomyces bailii, a major contaminant of wine fermentations, as the donor species for 1 of these 2 regions...
- Lactobacillus plantarum MiLAB 393 produces the antifungal cyclic dipeptides cyclo(L-Phe-L-Pro) and cyclo(L-Phe-trans-4-OH-L-Pro) and 3-phenyllactic acidKatrin Ström
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:4322-7. 2002..No inhibitory activity could be detected against the mold Penicillium roqueforti or the yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii...
- Presence of non-Saccharomyces yeasts in cellar equipment and grape juice during harvest timeE Ocon
ICVV, Instituto de Ciencias de la Vid y el Vino, Universidad de La Rioja, CSIC, Logrono, Spain
Food Microbiol 27:1023-7. 2010..The Zygosaccharomyces bailii yeast responsible for taint was detected in one cleaned winery, in both the winemaking equipment and ..
- Microbiota during fermentation of chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) sauce mash inoculated with halotolerant microbial starters: analyses using the plate count method and PCR-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE)Shuji Yoshikawa
Hokkaido Food Processing Research Center, 589 4, Bunkyodai Midorimachi, Ebetsu, Hokkaido 069 0836, Japan
Food Microbiol 27:509-14. 2010..of mugi koji (barley steamed and molded with Aspergillus oryzae) and halotolerant microorganisms (HTMs), Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, Candida versatilis, and Tetragenococcus halophilus, were inoculated into chum salmon sauce mash ..
- Enhanced formation of isoamyl alcohol in Zygosaccharomyces rouxii due to elimination of feedback inhibition of alpha-isopropylmalate synthaseS Yoshikawa
Food Technology Research Institute of Nagano Prefecture, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 127:139-43. 1995Mutants of the 'miso' yeast, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, that produced a large amount of isoamyl alcohol, an important flavour in miso fermentation, were isolated from 5,5,5-trifluoro-DL-leucine-resistant mutants, an analogue of L-leucine...
- Yeast communities in a natural tequila fermentationM A Lachance
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 68:151-60. 1995..progressively ceded the way to S. cerevisiae, Zygosaccharomyces bailii, Candida milleri, and Brettanomyces spp...
- Antimicrobial activity of crude epicarp and seed extracts from mature avocado fruit (Persea americana) of three cultivarsTeck Wah Raymond Chia
School of Land and Food Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Pharm Biol 48:753-6. 2010..0 microg/mL) and Staphylococcus epidermidis (354.2 microg/mL). The minimum concentration required to inhibit Zygosaccharomyces bailii was 500 microg/mL for the ethanol extracts, while no inhibition was observed for the water extracts...
- Antimicrobial action of synthetic peptides towards wine spoilage yeastsMaría Enrique
Departamento de Biotecnologia de Alimentos, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, P O Box 73, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 118:318-25. 2007..yeasts such as Cryptococcus albidus, Dekkera bruxellensis, Pichia membranifaciens, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Zygosaccharomyces bisporus has been examined...
- Genomic evolution of the long terminal repeat retrotransposons in hemiascomycetous yeastsCécile Neuvéglise
Collection de Levures d Intérêt Biotechnologique, Laboratoire de Genetique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, INRA UMR216, CNRS URA1925, INA PG, BP01, F 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Genome Res 12:930-43. 2002..uvarum, S. exiguus, S. servazzii, and S. kluyveri but not Zygosaccharomyces rouxii), and in two of three Kluyveromyces species (K. lactis and K. marxianus but not K. thermotolerans)...
- Importance of the seryl and threonyl residues of the fifth transmembrane domain to the substrate specificity of yeast plasma membrane Na+/H+ antiportersOlga Kinclova-Zimmermannova
Department of Membrane Transport, Institute of Physiology AS CR, Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Membr Biol 23:349-61. 2006The Zygosaccharomyces rouxii Na+/H+ antiporter Sod2-22p is a member of the subfamily of yeast plasma membrane Nha/Sod antiporters that do not recognize potassium as their substrate...
- Novel stress responses facilitate Saccharomyces cerevisiae growth in the presence of the monocarboxylate preservativesMehdi Mollapour
Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Yeast 25:169-77. 2008..Still other mechanisms of weak acid resistance are found in Zygosaccharomyces, including a capacity for the oxidative degradation of sorbic and benzoic acids conferred by a mitochondrial ..
- Yeast biodiversity from oleic ecosystems: study of their biotechnological propertiesSheila Romo-Sánchez
Instituto Regional de Investigación Científica Aplicada IRICA, Avd Camilo José Cela, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
Food Microbiol 27:487-92. 2010..techniques allowed to identify fourteen different species of yeasts, belonging to seven different genera (Zygosaccharomyces, Pichia, Lachancea, Kluyveromyces, Saccharomyces, Candida, Torulaspora) from the 108 yeast isolates...
- Transcriptional response of Saccharomyces cerevisiae to the plasma membrane-perturbing compound chitosanAnna Zakrzewska
Molecular Microbial Physiology and Molecular Biology and Microbial Food Safety, Swammerdam Institute of Life Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eukaryot Cell 4:703-15. 2005..Chitosan strongly affected the growth of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the food spoilage yeast Zygosaccharomyces bailii, and two human-pathogenic yeasts, Candida albicans and Candida glabrata...
- Ecology of yeasts in plant-bumblebee mutualism in Central EuropeMichael Brysch-Herzberg
Department of Biology, Philipps University Marburg, 35043 Marburg, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 50:87-100. 2004..Species in the Metschnikowia clade, the Starmarella clade, and the genera Debaryomyces and Zygosaccharomyces were associated with the mutualism...
- Epsilon-poly-L-lysine and nisin A act synergistically against Gram-positive food-borne pathogens Bacillus cereus and Listeria monocytogenesM Badaoui Najjar
Department of Food Science, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Lett Appl Microbiol 45:13-8. 2007..To test epsilon-poly-L-lysine and nisin A for possible synergistic activity against selected food-borne pathogens and food spoilage organisms...
- Yeast community structures and dynamics in healthy and Botrytis-affected grape must fermentationsAspasia A Nisiotou
Laboratory of Microbiology and Biotechnology of Foods, Department of Food Science and Technology, Agricultural University of Athens, Iera Odos 75, 118 55 Athens, Greece
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:6705-13. 2007..than their healthy counterparts, being enriched with fermentative and/or spoilage species, such as Zygosaccharomyces bailii and Issatchenkia spp. or Kluyveromyces dobzhanskii and Kazachstania sp...
- Elaboration, diversification and regulation of the Sir1 family of silencing proteins in SaccharomycesJennifer E G Gallagher
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, California Institute of Quantitative Biosciences, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3220, USA
Genetics 181:1477-91. 2009..b>Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, which diverged from Saccharomyces after the appearance of the silent mating cassettes, but before ..
- Microbial spoilage of date rutab collected from the markets of Al-Hofuf city in the Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaSiddig Hussein Hamad
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, College of Agricultural and Food Sciences, King Faisal University, P O Box 420, Al Hofuf 31982, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
J Food Prot 71:1406-11. 2008..delbrueckii, Lactobacillus fructivorans, Lactobacillus collinoides, Lactobacillus salivarius, Zygosaccharomyces mellis or Zygosaccharomyces rouxii, Candida sphaerica, Candida rugosa, Candida colliculosa, Candida ..
- Metabolism of the soy isoflavones daidzein and genistein by fungi used in the preparation of various fermented soybean foodsTe Sheng Chang
Department of Biological Science and Technology, National University of Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 71:1330-3. 2007..included Actinomucor, Aspergillus, Candida, Debaryomyces, Monascus, Mucor, Rhizopus, Saccharomyces, and Zygosaccharomyces. The results were that all tested Aspergillus strains from these soybean foods, including five A...
- Screening of non-Saccharomyces wine yeasts for the production of beta-D-xylosidase activityP Manzanares
Departamento de Biotecnologia de Alimentos, Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de Alimentos CSIC, Valencia, Spain
Int J Food Microbiol 46:105-12. 1999..to the genera Candida, Dekkera, Hanseniaspora, Metschnikowia, Pichia, Rhodotorula, Schizosaccharomyces and Zygosaccharomyces, mainly isolated from grapes and wines, were screened for the production of beta-D-xylosidase activity...
- Organoleptic Analysis of Doughs Fermented with Yeasts From A Nigerian Palm Wine (Elaeis guineensis) and Certain Commercial YeastsDayo Owoyemi I
Department of Microbiology, Federal University of Technology, P M B 704, Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria
Open Microbiol J 2:115-20. 2008..as Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Debaryomyces hansenii, Geotrichum lactis and Zygosaccharomyces rouxii. Each of the isolates was used to ferment wheat flour dough and baked...
- Phylogeny of the genus Kluyveromyces inferred from the mitochondrial cytochrome-c oxidase II geneC Belloch
Colección Española de Cultivos Tipo, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 50:405-16. 2000..relationships between the genus Kluyveromyces and the closely related genera Saccharomyces, Torulaspora and Zygosaccharomyces, future changes to their taxonomic status should take account of the existence of these four groups of ..
- MECHANISM OF SITE SPECIFIC DNA RECOMBINATIONMakkuni Jayaram; Fiscal Year: 1999..proteins, which includes lambda integrase, Flp, the cre recombinase of P1 and the R recombinase of Zygosaccharomyces. These recombinases have limited sequence similarity within a 40 amino acid region in their carboxyl termini,..
- MECHANISM OF SITE SPECIFIC DNA RECOMBINATIONMakkuni Jayaram; Fiscal Year: 2000..proteins, which includes lambda integrase, Flp, the cre recombinase of P1 and the R recombinase of Zygosaccharomyces. These recombinases have limited sequence similarity within a 40 amino acid region in their carboxyl termini,..
- MECHANISM OF SITE SPECIFIC DNA RECOMBINATIONMakkuni Jayaram; Fiscal Year: 2001..proteins, which includes lambda integrase, Flp, the cre recombinase of P1 and the R recombinase of Zygosaccharomyces. These recombinases have limited sequence similarity within a 40 amino acid region in their carboxyl termini,..