Summary: A common inhabitant of the vagina and cervix and a potential human pathogen, causing infections of the male and female reproductive tracts. It has also been associated with respiratory disease and pharyngitis. (From Dorland, 28th ed)
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Detection of Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma parvum (biovar 1) and Ureaplasma urealyticum (biovar 2) in patients with non-gonococcal urethritis using polymerase chain reaction-microtiter plate hybridizationShin ichi Maeda
Japanese Research Group for UTI, Kitakyushu, Japan
Int J Urol 11:750-4. 2004To use polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-microtiter plate hybridization assays to detect Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma parvum (biovar 1) and Ureaplasma urealyticum (biovar 2) in first-voided urine specimens from ..
- Detection of Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and Ureaplasma parvum DNAs in urine from asymptomatic healthy young Japanese menSatoshi Takahashi
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
J Infect Chemother 12:269-71. 2006..C. trachomatis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and Ureaplasma parvum in first-voided urine specimens were detected by polymerase ..
- Prevalence and treatment of Chlamydia trachomatis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, and Mycoplasma hominis in patients with non-gonococcal urethritisDilek Kilic
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, University of Kirikkale Faculty of Medicine, Kirikkale, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 57:17-20. 2004The aim of present study was to evaluate the occurrence of Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis, and Ureaplasma urealyticum in non-gonococcal urethritis (NGU) and to determine the bacterial resistance to six antibiotics in order to ..
- Life on arginine for Mycoplasma hominis: clues from its minimal genome and comparison with other human urogenital mycoplasmasSabine Pereyre
Universite de Bordeaux, Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Bordeaux, France
PLoS Genet 5:e1000677. 2009b>Mycoplasma hominis is an opportunistic human mycoplasma. Two other pathogenic human species, M. genitalium and Ureaplasma parvum, reside within the same natural niche as M. hominis: the urogenital tract...
- Female genital-tract HIV load correlates inversely with Lactobacillus species but positively with bacterial vaginosis and Mycoplasma hominisBeverly E Sha
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Rush University Medical Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Infect Dis 191:25-32. 2005..Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) acquisition. We examined the association between BV and BV-associated bacteria and expression of HIV in the female genital tract...
- Detection of bacterial vaginosis-related organisms by real-time PCR for Lactobacilli, Gardnerella vaginalis and Mycoplasma hominisM Reza Zariffard
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush University, 1653 West Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 34:277-81. 2002..Frozen cervicovaginal lavage (CVL) samples from 21 women were analyzed by real-time PCR for the numbers of Mycoplasma hominis, Gardnerella vaginalis and lactobacilli. Lactobacilli organisms were detected in all CVL samples, G...
- Congenital and opportunistic infections: Ureaplasma species and Mycoplasma hominisKen B Waites
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35249, USA
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 14:190-9. 2009..The ability of Ureaplasma spp. and Mycoplasma hominis to cause pneumonia, bacteremia, and meningitis in newborns can no longer be questioned...
- In vitro activity of trovafloxacin compared to those of five antimicrobials against mycoplasmas including Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum fluoroquinolone-resistant isolates that have been genetically characterizedC M Bebear
Laboratoire de Bacteriologie, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2557-60. 2000..25 microg/ml. Whatever the associated mutations, trovafloxacin exhibited greater activity than the other fluoroquinolones tested against fluoroquinolone-resistant Mycoplasma hominis and U. urealyticum isolates.
- OppA, the ecto-ATPase of Mycoplasma hominis induces ATP release and cell death in HeLa cellsMiriam Hopfe
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Center for Biological Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
BMC Microbiol 8:55. 2008In the facultative human pathogen Mycoplasma hominis, which belongs to the cell wall-less Mollicutes, the surface-localised substrate-binding domain OppA of the oligopeptide permease was characterised as the main ecto-ATPase.
- Fatal outcome of a disseminated dual infection with drug-resistant Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma parvum originating from a septic arthritis in an immunocompromised patientColin R Mackenzie
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hospital Hygiene, University Hospital, Heinrich Heine University, Universitätsstraße 1, Dusseldorf, Germany
Int J Infect Dis 14:e307-9. 2010b>Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma parvum are rare causes of severe and fatal infections...
- The Alabama Preterm Birth Study: umbilical cord blood Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis cultures in very preterm newborn infantsRobert L Goldenberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:43.e1-5. 2008..was undertaken to evaluate the frequency of umbilical cord blood infections with Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in preterm 23- to 32-week births and to determine their association with various obstetric conditions, ..
- P80, the HinT interacting membrane protein, is a secreted antigen of Mycoplasma hominisMiriam Hopfe
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Center for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
BMC Microbiol 4:46. 2004Mycoplasmas are cell wall-less bacteria which encode a minimal set of proteins. In Mycoplasma hominis, the genes encoding the surface-localized membrane complex P60/P80 are in an operon with a gene encoding a cytoplasmic, nucleotide-..
- In-vitro activities of tetracyclines, macrolides, fluoroquinolones and clindamycin against Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma ssp. isolated in Germany over 20 yearsR Krausse
Institute for Infection Medicine, University Medical Center Schleswig Holstein, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Germany
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1649-55. 2010..We determined the susceptibilities of 469 mycoplamas, comprising 290 Mycoplasma hominis and 179 ureaplasma isolates collected during 1983 and 1989-2004, to eleven antibacterials by agar dilution...
- Ureaplasma urealyticum, Ureaplasma parvum, Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma genitalium infections and semen quality of infertile menRadhouane Gdoura
Department of Microbiology and Research Laboratory Microorganismes et Pathologie Humaine, Habib BOURGUIBA Hospital Sfax TUNISIA
BMC Infect Dis 7:129. 2007Genital ureaplasmas (Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma parvum) and mycoplasmas (Mycoplasma genitalium and Mycoplasma hominis) are potentially pathogenic species playing an etiologic role in both genital infections and male infertility...
- Effect of induced expression of an antimicrobial peptide melittin on Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycoplasma hominis infections in vivoV N Lazarev
Research Institute of Physico Chemical Medicine, Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation, 1a Malaya Pirogovskaya St, Moscow 119992, Russia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338:946-50. 2005..gene transcription with doxycycline markedly suppressed subsequent genital tract infection of mice by Mycoplasma hominis and Chlamydia trachomatis...
- Recombination in Mycoplasma hominisI Z Søgaard
Department of Genetics and Ecology, Bioinformatics Research Center BiRC, University of Aarhus, Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Infect Genet Evol 1:277-85. 2002b>Mycoplasma hominis has been previously described as a heterogeneous species, and in the present study intraspecies diversity of 20 M...
- Host cell responses to persistent mycoplasmas--different stages in infection of HeLa cells with Mycoplasma hominisMiriam Hopfe
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hospital Hygiene, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e54219. 2013b>Mycoplasma hominis is a facultative human pathogen primarily associated with bacterial vaginosis and pelvic inflammatory disease, but it is also able to spread to other sites, leading to arthritis or, in neonates, meningitis...
- Hypogammaglobulinemic patient with polyarthritis mimicking rheumatoid arthritis finally diagnosed as septic arthritis caused by Mycoplasma hominisHiroe Sato
Division of Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
Intern Med 51:425-9. 2012..Finally, a diagnosis of disseminated Mycoplasma hominis infection was made...
- Seeding of a cavernous angioma with Mycoplasma hominis: case reportPaul House
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Neurosurgery 53:749-52; discussion 752-3. 2003To describe a unique case of hematogenous seeding of a cavernous angioma with the commensal organism Mycoplasma hominis.
- A high Nugent score but not a positive culture for genital mycoplasmas is a risk factor for spontaneous preterm birthSi Eun Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:212-7. 2009..This study was performed to evaluate the relationship among the Nugent score for the diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis (BV), the results of vaginal fluid culture for genital mycoplasmas, and the subsequent occurrence of preterm birth...
- Mycoplasma hominis expresses two variants of a cell-surface protein, one a lipoprotein, and one notS A Ladefoged
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Denmark
Microbiology 144:761-70. 1998..characterized variable surface-exposed membrane protein P120 was identified (P120'), establishing that Mycoplasma hominis PG21 possesses a novel gene family...
- Mycoplasma hominis and Trichomonas vaginalis: a unique case of symbiotic relationship between two obligate human parasitesDaniele Dessi
Division of Microbiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sassari, Viale S Pietro 43 B 07100 Sassari, Italy
Front Biosci 11:2028-34. 2006..b>Mycoplasma hominis is a human sexually transmitted mycoplasma which is able to establish a biological association with ..
- Activity of moxifloxacin against the urogenital mycoplasmas Ureaplasma spp., Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma genitalium and Chlamydia trachomatisC M Bebear
Laboratoire de Bactériologie EA 3671, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 and CHU de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:801-5. 2008..54 strains of Mycoplasma hominis, 14 strains of Mycoplasma genitalium, and 44 strains of Chlamydia trachomatis...
- The diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis and vaginal flora changesD Hellberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Falun Hospital, Sweden
Arch Gynecol Obstet 265:11-5. 2001..which is easily performed, strongly suggests BV and a vaginal flora predominated by Gardnerella vaginalis, Mycoplasma hominis, Mobiluncus species and anaerobic species on one hand, and lack of lactobacilli on the other...
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in men attending for routine semen analysis. Prevalence, incidence by age and clinical settings, influence on sperm characteristics, relationship with the leukocyte count and clinical valueFernando Tadeu Andrade-Rocha
Homero Soares Ramos Laboratory, Petropolis, R J, Brazil
Urol Int 71:377-81. 2003To investigate the clinical value of the screening of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in routine semen analysis.
- Assessment of Chlamydia trachomatis, Ureaplasma urealyticum, Ureaplasma parvum, Mycoplasma hominis, and Mycoplasma genitalium in semen and first void urine specimens of asymptomatic male partners of infertile couplesR Gdoura
Department of Microbiology and Research Laboratory Microorganismes et Pathologie Humaine, Habib Bourguiba Hospital, Sfax, Tunisia
J Androl 29:198-206. 2008..trachomatis, genital ureaplasmas (Ureaplasma urealyticum and Ureaplasma parvum) and genital mycoplasmas (Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma genitalium)...
- Difficulties experienced in defining the microbial cause of pelvic inflammatory diseaseD Taylor-Robinson
Department of Medicine, Imperial College London, UK
Int J STD AIDS 23:18-24. 2012..In all laparoscopic categories, Ureaplasma spp. and Mycoplasma hominis, but not Mycoplasma genitalium, were at least as common in the cervix/vagina as Chlamydia trachomatis and ..
- Induced expression of melittin, an antimicrobial peptide, inhibits infection by Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycoplasma hominis in a HeLa cell lineV N Lazarev
Ministry of Health of Russian Federation, Institute of Physico Chemical Medicine, 1a, Malaya Pirogovskaya str, 119992, Moscow, Russia
Int J Antimicrob Agents 19:133-7. 2002..within recombinant plasmid vectors, on infection with urogenital pathogens Chlamydia trachomatis and Mycoplasma hominis in HeLa cell culture...
- Prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in pregnant womenMehmet Refik Bayraktar
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Inonu University, 44315 Malatya, Turkey
Int J Infect Dis 14:e90-5. 2010b>Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum are important opportunistic pathogens implicated in urogenital infections and complicated pregnancy...
- Potential role of Mycoplasma hominis in interleukin (IL)-17-producing CD4+ T-cell generation via induction of IL-23 secretion by human dendritic cellsMarie Elise Truchetet
Univ de Bordeaux, Unité sous Contrat Mycoplasmal and chlamydial infections in humans
J Infect Dis 204:1796-805. 2011b>Mycoplasma hominis, a human urogenital pathogen, is involved in genital and extragenital infections and arthritis, particularly in immunocompromised patients...
- In Mycoplasma hominis the OppA-mediated cytoadhesion depends on its ATPase activityMiriam Hopfe
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Hospital Hygiene, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
BMC Microbiol 11:185. 2011In Mycoplasma hominis, a facultative human pathogen of the human genital tract, OppA, the substrate-binding domain of the oligopeptide permease, is a multifunctional protein involved in nutrition uptake, cytoadhesion and hydrolysis of ..
- Successful treatment of post-neurosurgical intracranial Mycoplasma hominis infection using gatifloxacinK L McCarthy
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Taringa, Qld 4068, Australia
J Infect 57:344-6. 2008We describe two cases of intracerebral infection with Mycoplasma hominis following neurosurgery, the first after removal of a colloid cyst, the other after a craniotomy following a motor vehicle accident (MVA)...
- Genetic heterogeneity of Mycoplasma hominis clinical isolates detected during observation of patients with recurrent urogenital inflammationA E Soroka
Laboratory of Gene Engineering and Immunogenetics, Institute of Physico-Chemical Medicine, Ministry of Health of Russian Federation, Moscow
Bull Exp Biol Med 132:663-5. 2001A rapid reproducible effective method for molecular typing of Mycoplasma hominis strains based on random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) technique was developed...
- Evidence for the predominance of a single tet(M) gene sequence type in tetracycline-resistant Ureaplasma parvum and Mycoplasma hominis isolates from Tunisian patientsBoutheina Ben Abdelmoumen Mardassi
Unit of Mycoplasmas, Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Vaccinology, and Biotechnology Development, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13 Place Pasteur, B P 74, 1002 Tunis Belvedere, Tunis, Tunisia
J Med Microbiol 61:1254-61. 2012..Twenty Ureaplasma parvum, two Ureaplasma urealyticum and 48 Mycoplasma hominis isolates, recovered from Tunisian patients with urogenital and infertility disorders, were evaluated for ..
- Preterm labour--is Mycoplasma hominis involved?H J Odendaal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg Hospital, Medical Research Council Perinatal Mortality Research Unit, W Cape
S Afr Med J 92:235-7. 2002To assess whether Mycoplasma hominis is associated with preterm labour in primigravidae and multigravidae with previous midtrimester abortion or preterm labour.
- Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in patients with sterile pyuriaFlorian Daxboeck
Division of Hospital Hygiene, Clinical Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, University of Vienna, University Hospital Vienna, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Infect 51:54-8. 2005b>Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum are associated with various diseases of the urogenital tract, but they are usually not detected by routine microbiological diagnosis...
- Mycoplasma hominis deep wound infection after neuromuscular scoliosis surgery: the use of real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR)Matthijs R Krijnen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, P O Box 7057, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Spine J 15:599-603. 2006b>Mycoplasma hominis is a commensal of the genitourinary tract. It mostly causes infections to associated structures of this system; however, occasionally it is a pathogen in nongenitourinary tract infections. Since, M...
- Mycoplasma hominis infection of a subdural haematoma in the peripartum periodMark W Douglas
Pathology 35:452-4. 2003
- PCR versus culture in the detection of vaginal Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominisG L Petrikkos
Infectious Diseases Research Laboratory G K Daikos, Athens University School of Medicine, First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 97:202-3. 2007
- The cytosolic HinT protein of Mycoplasma hominis interacts with two membrane proteinsA Kitzerow
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Virology, and Center for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich-Heine-University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
Mol Microbiol 41:279-87. 2001..In this study, we provide evidence that, in the cell wall-less prokaryote, Mycoplasma hominis, the gene encoding the HinT protein forms an operon with two other genes...
- Utility of Amsel criteria, Nugent score, and quantitative PCR for Gardnerella vaginalis, Mycoplasma hominis, and Lactobacillus spp. for diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis in human immunodeficiency virus-infected womenBeverly E Sha
Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:4607-12. 2005..Lactobacilli, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Mycoplasma hominis in cervicovaginal lavage samples were quantified by PCR...
- Association of Mycoplasma hominis infection with prostate cancerYulia A Barykova
NF Gamaleya Research Institute for Epidemiology and Microbiology, Moscow, Russia
Oncotarget 2:289-97. 2011..hominis infection may be involved in PCa development and may, therefore, be a potential PCa marker and/or target for improved prevention and treatment of this disease...
- Morphology of human Fallopian tubes after infection with Mycoplasma genitalium and Mycoplasma hominis--in vitro organ culture studyAgata Baczynska
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Hum Reprod 22:968-79. 2007..We analysed the effects of infections with Mycoplasma hominis and Mycoplasma genitalium on the HFT epithelium and compared them with the effects of infections with ..
- Susceptibilities of Mycoplasma hominis, M. pneumoniae, and Ureaplasma urealyticum to GAR-936, dalfopristin, dirithromycin, evernimicin, gatifloxacin, linezolid, moxifloxacin, quinupristin-dalfopristin, and telithromycin compared to their susceptibilities G E Kenny
Department of Pathobiology, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:2604-8. 2001The susceptibilities of Mycoplasma hominis, Mycoplasma pneumoniae, and Ureaplasma urealyticum to eight new antimicrobial agents were determined by agar dilution. M. pneumoniae was susceptible to the new glycylcycline GAR-936 at 0...
- Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in midtrimester amniotic fluid: association with amniotic fluid cytokine levels and pregnancy outcomeSriram C Perni
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1382-6. 2004The association between the detection of Mycoplasma hominis or Ureaplasma urealyticum in midtrimester amniotic fluid and amniotic fluid cytokine concentrations and subsequent pregnancy outcome were examined.
- Prevalence of Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis and Chlamydia trachomatis among Danish patients requesting abortionAgata Baczynska
Institute for Women s Health, Translational Research Laboratories, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Syst Biol Reprod Med 54:127-34. 2008..genitalium) and to compare it to the carriage rates of Mycoplasma hominis (M. hominis ) and Chlamydia trachomatis (C...
- Abscess formation due to Mycoplasma hominis infection after cesarean sectionMasayuki Yamaguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Chuo Ku, Niigata, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:593-6. 2009..Consequently, she underwent transvaginal abscess drainage, after which she promptly became afebrile. Mycoplasma hominis was considered to be the primary causative organism...
- Updated phylogenetic description of the Mycoplasma hominis cluster (Weisburg et al. 1989) based on 16S rDNA sequencesB Pettersson
Department of Biotechnology, The Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 50:291-301. 2000..In this report we have determined the phylogeny of the Mycoplasma hominis cluster of the hominis group...
- Serological investigation of Mycoplasma genitalium in infertile womenH F Clausen
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, The Bartholin Building, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Hum Reprod 16:1866-74. 2001..The role of Mycoplasma genitalium in the pathogenesis of pelvic inflammatory disease has not been characterized...
- Treatment of men with urethritis negative for Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma parvum and Ureaplasma urealyticumShin ichi Maeda
Department of Urology, Toyota Memorial Hospital, Toyota, Japan
Int J Urol 14:422-5. 2007..trachomatis-positive NGU have been performed. We assessed the efficacy of antimicrobial agents that are active against C. trachomatis on non-mycoplasmal, non-ureaplasmal and non-chlamydial NGU (NMNUNCNGU)...
- Mycoplasma hominis meningitis in a neonate: case report and reviewAtsuko Hata
Department of Pediatrics, Kitano Hospital, Tazuke Kofukai Medical Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
J Infect 57:338-43. 2008Despite frequent colonization with Mycoplasma hominis, the invasive disease is rare in neonates. This study describes a neonatal case with meningitis in which M...
- [Subdural empyema due to Mycoplasma hominis following epidural anesthesia]F Escamilla
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves, Granada, Espana
Rev Neurol 30:326-8. 2000..In the literature there are sporadic reports of spinal epidural abscesses after epidural anaesthesia (Staphylococcus aureus in 82%), whilst subdural empyemas are more often related to ear and sinus conditions...
- Host and pathogen interaction during vaginal infection by Trichomonas vaginalis and Mycoplasma hominis or Ureaplasma urealyticumC van der Schee
Department of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam (EMCR, Dr. Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Microbiol Methods 45:61-7. 2001Vaginal infections by Trichomonas vaginalis and Mycoplasma hominis have been shown to be associated. Since M...
- Isolation of Mycoplasma hominis in critically ill patients with pulmonary infections: clinical and microbiological analysis in an intensive care unitCelia García
Microbiology Service, University Hospital Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
Intensive Care Med 33:143-7. 2007b>Mycoplasma hominis is a well recognized extragenital pathogen. However, it is an uncommon cause of respiratory infections in critically ill patients admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU).
- Long-term survival and intracellular replication of Mycoplasma hominis in Trichomonas vaginalis cells: potential role of the protozoon in transmitting bacterial infectionDaniele Dessi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Experimental and Clinical Microbiology, University of Sassari, Viale S Pietro 43 B, 07100 Sassari, Italy
Infect Immun 73:1180-6. 2005The existence of a symbiotic relationship between Trichomonas vaginalis and Mycoplasma hominis, which is the first reported example of symbiosis between two obligate human pathogens, has been recently reported by our research group...
- Rapid detection of Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma parvum, and Ureaplasma urealyticum organisms in genitourinary samples by PCR-microtiter plate hybridization assayTakashi Yoshida
Research and Development, Mitsubishi Kagaku Bio Clinical Laboratories, Inc, Itabashi, Tokyo 174 8555, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 41:1850-5. 2003We present a method for detecting the presence of Mycoplasma genitalium, Mycoplasma hominis, Ureaplasma parvum, and Ureaplasma urealyticum organisms, which are thought to be associated with nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) and other ..
- Entry and intracellular location of Mycoplasma hominis in Trichomonas vaginalisRicardo Gomes Vancini
Universidade Santa Ursula, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arch Microbiol 189:7-18. 2008..vaginalis in association with Mycoplasma fermentans or Mycoplasma hominis. However, the consequences and behavior of mycoplasma during trichomonad infections are virtually unknown...
- Mycoplasma endocarditis: two case reports and a reviewFlorence Fenollar
Unite des Rickettsies, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de la Mediterranee, and Fédération de Bactériologie, Virologie et Hygiene Hospitaliere, Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Clin Infect Dis 38:e21-4. 2004..reaction (PCR) amplification performed on cardiac valve specimens from these 2 patients detected DNA of Mycoplasma hominis, for one patient, and of Ureaplasma parvum, for the other patient...
- Genetic variability of the P120' surface protein gene of Mycoplasma hominis isolates recovered from Tunisian patients with uro-genital and infertility disordersBoutheina Ben Abdelmoumen Mardassi
Laboratoire des Mycoplasmes, Institut Pasteur de Tunis, 13, Place Pasteur B, P, 74, 1002 Tunis Belvedere, Tunis, Tunisie
BMC Infect Dis 7:142. 2007Among the surface antigens of Mycoplasma hominis, the P120' protein was previously shown to elicit a subtle antibody response and appears to be relatively conserved...
- [Comparison of polymerase chain reaction assay and Mycoplasma IST 2 test with culture for detection of infections caused by Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis]Waldemar Rastawicki
Zakład Bakteriologii PZH w Warszawie
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 56:99-108. 2004..0%) for U. urealyticum in PCR and Mycoplasma IST 2 test. The discrepancy of results obtained in Mycoplasma IST 2 test and culture as well as in PCR may suggest the over sensitivity of the commercial test for detection of M. hominis...
- OppA, the substrate-binding subunit of the oligopeptide permease, is the major Ecto-ATPase of Mycoplasma hominisMiriam Hopfe
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Center for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Bacteriol 186:1021-928. 2004..However, external membrane-bound ATPases have also been described in parasites and eukaryotic cells. In Mycoplasma hominis, a bacterium lacking a cell wall, the surface-exposed substrate-binding protein OppA of an oligopeptide ..
- Susceptibility testing of Singapore strains of Mycoplasma hominis to tetracycline, gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, clindamycin, and azithromycin by the Etest methodCecilia C L Ngan
Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 48:207-10. 2004..gatifloxacin, moxifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, clindamycin and azithromycin for 28 Singapore clinical Mycoplasma hominis strains were studied using the Etest method...
- Severe Mycoplasma hominis infections in two renal transplant patientsP Rohner
Service des Maladies Infectieuses, Hopitaux Universitaire de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 23:203-4. 2004Systemic infections due to Mycoplasma hominis are rare and occur mainly in immunocompromised patients. Reported here are the cases of two renal transplant patients with peritonitis who did not respond to empirical antimicrobial treatment...
- Mycoplasma hominis endocarditis in a child with a complex congenital heart defectSamuel R Dominguez
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, CO 80010, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:851-2. 2006..This is the first reported case of Mycoplasma endocarditis in a child and suggests consideration of this organism as a cause of culture-negative endocarditis...
- Cytokine concentrations in seminal plasma from subfertile men are not indicative of the presence of Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis in the lower genital tractY Pannekoek
Department of Medical Microbiology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Microbiol 49:697-700. 2000The inflammatory response to the presence of Ureaplasma urealyticum or Mycoplasma hominis in the lower genital tract of subfertile men without any signs or symptoms of infection was investigated by measuring the concentrations of ..
- Ureaplasma parvum or Mycoplasma hominis as sole pathogens cause chorioamnionitis, preterm delivery, and fetal pneumonia in rhesus macaquesMiles J Novy
Divisions of Reproductive Sciences Oregon National Primate Research Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Reprod Sci 16:56-70. 2009..assess causal, cellular and inflammatory links between intraamniotic infection with Ureaplasma parvum or Mycoplasma hominis and preterm labor in a nonhuman primate model...
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis infection in women with urogenital diseasesB Zdrodowska-Stefanow
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:250-3. 2006The aim of the study was to assess the incidence of Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum) and Mycoplasma hominis (M. hominis) infection in women with urogenital diseases.
- In vitro susceptibilities of Mycoplasma hominis to six fluoroquinolones as determined by E testK B Waites
Departments of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:2571-3. 1999Twenty isolates of Mycoplasma hominis were tested for their susceptibility to six fluoroquinolones by the E test. The MICs at which 90% of the isolates were inhibited (in micrograms per milliliter) were as follows: sparfloxacin, 0...
- Detection of a microbial biofilm in intraamniotic infectionRoberto Romero
Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD NIH DHHS, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:135.e1-5. 2008..A case is presented in which "amniotic fluid sludge" was found to contain microbial biofilms. This represents the first report of a microbial biofilm in the amniotic cavity...
- The adherence-associated lipoprotein P100, encoded by an opp operon structure, functions as the oligopeptide-binding domain OppA of a putative oligopeptide transport system in Mycoplasma hominisB Henrich
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Virology and Center for Biological and Medical Research, Heinrich Heine University, 40225 Duesseldorf, Germany
J Bacteriol 181:4873-8. 1999b>Mycoplasma hominis, a cell-wall-less prokaryote, was shown to be cytoadherent by the participation of a 100-kDa membrane protein (P100)...
- Mycoplasma hominis attaches to and locates intracellularly in human spermatozoaFrancisco Javier Díaz-García
Departamento de Microbiologia, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas IPN, Mexico City, Mexico
Hum Reprod 21:1591-8. 2006..The study of sperm-mycoplasma interaction has been focused on the effects of infection on sperm quality, but few studies have reported the direct interaction of this bacterium with spermatozoa...
- [Endocarditis due to Mycoplasma hominis]C Hidalgo-Tenorio
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 24:470-1. 2006
- Brain abscess caused by Mycoplasma hominis: a clinically recognizable entity?L Kupila
Eur J Neurol 13:550-1. 2006
- A GTP-binding protein of Mycoplasma hominis: a small sized homolog to the signal recognition particle receptor FtsYS A Ladefoged
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, Denmark
Gene 201:37-44. 1997..recognition particle receptor (SRalpha) in the membrane of the endoplasmic reticulum, was identified in Mycoplasma hominis and its encoding DNA sequenced. The aa similarity to E. coli FtsY and B...
- Prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in women with chronic urinary symptomsStavroula Baka
Department of Biopathology, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Urology 74:62-6. 2009To assess the prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in women experiencing chronic urinary symptoms.
- Symbiosis of Mycoplasma hominis in Trichomonas vaginalis may link metronidazole resistance in vitroJ C Xiao
Center for Parasitic Organisms, State Key Laboratory of Biocontrol and Key Laboratory for Tropical Diseases Control of the Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, 510275, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 100:123-30. 2006..collected from patients in Guangzhou, China from 2003 to 2004 were found to be naturally infected with Mycoplasma hominis, as determined by PCR using specific primers...
- Prosthetic valve endocarditis caused by Mycoplasma hominisM Blasco
Department of Microbiology, Hospital Universitario Miguel Servet, Zaragoza, Spain
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 19:638-40. 2000b>Mycoplasma hominis endocarditis is extremely uncommon and difficult to diagnose...
- Comparative in vitro activities of the investigational fluoroquinolone DC-159a and other antimicrobial agents against human mycoplasmas and ureaplasmasKen B Waites
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3776-8. 2008The in vitro susceptibilities of 151 unique clinical isolates of Mycoplasma pneumoniae, Mycoplasma hominis, Mycoplasma fermentans, Mycoplasma genitalium, and Ureaplasma species to DC-159a, an investigational fluoroquinolone, in comparison ..
- Post-operative mediastinitis, pleuritis and pericarditis due to Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum with a fatal outcomeCelia García-de-la-Fuente
Microbiology Service, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Santander, Spain
J Med Microbiol 57:656-7. 2008..We report an unusual case of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum post-surgical mediastinitis with persistent pleural and pericardial effusion...
- Mycoplasma hominis and Trichomonas vaginalis symbiosis: multiplicity of infection and transmissibility of M. hominis to human cellsP Rappelli
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sassari, Italy
Arch Microbiol 175:70-4. 2001We recently reported that most Trichomonas vaginalis isolates cultured in vitro are infected by Mycoplasma hominis. In this work, we have characterized some aspects of the relationships between the two microorganisms...
- [Systematic screening tests for Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in urogenital specimens of infertile couples]A Rosemond
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital Bretonneau, CHRU de Tours, 37044 Tours Cedex, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 54:125-9. 2006..Tours, with the scope to determine if there is a benefit for systematic screening of Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum among genito-urinary specimen when exploring couples infertility. C...
- The vaa locus of Mycoplasma hominis contains a divergent genetic islet encoding a putative membrane proteinThomas Boesen
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Aarhus, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
BMC Microbiol 4:37. 2004The Mycoplasma hominis vaa gene encodes a highly variable, surface antigen involved in the adhesion to host cells. We have analysed the structure of the vaa locus to elucidate the genetic basis for variation of vaa.
- In vitro susceptibility of Mycoplasma hominis clinical isolates to tetracyclines, quinolones and macrolidesZmira Samra
Chlamydia and Mycoplasma National Center, Department of Microbiology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 44:359-61. 2002..tetracycline, erythromycin, roxithromycin, clarithromycin and azithromycin against 110 clinical isolates of Mycoplasma hominis. The minimal inhibitory concentrations (MICs) were determined with the Etest...
- Prostate cell lines secrete IL-8 in response to Mycoplasma hominis through Toll-like receptor 2-mediated mechanismKoh Takeyama
Department of Biochemistry, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Prostate 66:386-91. 2006..The roles of Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and Mycoplasma in prostate inflammation remain unclear. We investigated whether Mycoplasma induced inflammatory cytokine secretion through TLR2-mediated mechanism in prostate cancer cell line...
- Genital mycoplasmas in non-sexually active young females with vaginal dischargeP Christopoulos
Division of Pediatric Adolescent Gynecology and Reconstructive Surgery, 2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Medical School, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 97:49-50. 2007
- Prevalence of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma genitalium in men with non-gonococcal urethritisM H Salari
Department of Pathobiology, School of Public Health, Teheran University of Medical Sciences, Teheran, Islamic Republic of Iran
East Mediterr Health J 9:291-5. 2003..urealyticum and M. genitalium but not M. hominis. It is concluded that in men, U. urealyticum and M. genitalium may have an etiologic role in non-gonococcal urethritis...
- Severe endometritis caused by genital mycoplasmas after Caesarean sectionKalman Patai
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Semmelweis University, Ullöi Street, Budapest, Hungary
J Med Microbiol 54:1249-50. 2005..A case of post-Caesarean endometritis caused by Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum is reported in a young patient...
- Interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in cervical and amniotic fluid: relationship to microbial invasion of the chorioamniotic membranesBo Jacobsson
Perinatal Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Institute for the Health of Women and Children, Goteborg, Sweden
BJOG 112:719-24. 2005..To evaluate the levels of interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-8 in cervical and amniotic fluid in relation to the presence of bacteria in the membranes in women in preterm labour (PTL)...
- Prevalance of Chlamydia trochomatis, Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis infections in the unexplained infertile womenMelih A Guven
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 276:219-23. 2007To prospectively investigate the prevalence of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT), Mycoplasma hominis (MH) and Ureaplasma urealyticum (UU) in the cervical canal and pouch of Douglas in unexplained infertile women and compare it to healthy ..
- [Frequency of detection of Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis in cervical canal and the Douglas pouch of infertile and fertile women]Joanna Grześko
Klinika Ginekologii II Katedry Ginekologii i Połoznictwa AM we Wrocławiu
Med Dosw Mikrobiol 59:169-75. 2007..The aim of this study was to find out whether two investigated species- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis can be detect more often in a group of infertile women...
- [Female urogenital mycoplasma infection and drug sensitivity status in Changsha]Cheng xin Zuo
Department of Dermatology, Third Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410013, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:831-2, 836. 2006..To survey mycoplasma infection in female urogenital tract and analyze the drug sensitivity of mycoplasma in Changsha...
- Antibiotic administration to patients with preterm premature rupture of membranes does not eradicate intra-amniotic infectionRicardo Gomez
Center for Perinatal Diagnosis and Research CEDIP, Hospital Dr Sotero del Rio, P Universidad Catolica de Chile, Puente Alto, Chile
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 20:167-73. 2007....
- Detecting of Mycoplasma genitalium in male patients with urethritis symptoms in Turkey by polymerase chain reactionIstar Dolapci
Department of Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Sihhiye 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Saudi Med J 26:64-8. 2005..Along with Neisseria gonorrhoeae (N. gonorrhoeae) and Chlamydia trachomatis (C. trachomatis). We also investigated Mycoplasma hominis (M. hominis) and Ureaplasma urealyticum (U. urealyticum), both of which are known to cause urethritis.
- Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum infections in male urethritis and its complicationsB Zdrodowska-Stefanow
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 51:254-7. 2006..The aim of this study was to estimate the incidence of M. hominis and U. urealyticum infections among men with urethritis and its complications...
- [The presence of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in the cervical canal of uterus]Marek Elias
Klinika Ginekologii II Katedry Ginekologii i Połoznictwa AM we Wrocławiu
Ginekol Pol 76:28-32. 2005b>Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma species are common commensal inhabitants of the lower genitourinary tract in adolescents and adults who are sexually active...
- Evaluation of the Mycoplasma Duo kit for the detection of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum from urogenital and placental specimensG E Evans
Microbiology Unit, Canterbury Health Laboratories
Br J Biomed Sci 64:66-9. 2007..detection of genital mycoplasmas with conventional culture using A7 differential agar for the detection of Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma urealyticum in clinical samples...
- [Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis infections in newborns: personal data and review of the literature]Y Aujard
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, Hopital Robert Debre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 48, boulevard Serurier, 75019 Paris, France
Arch Pediatr 12:S12-8. 2005Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis colonized 20-40% of newborns and are more frequent in premature. They are responsible for localized infections such as pleural effusion, pneumopathy, adenopathy, abscess or systemic sepsis...
- Presence of mycoplasma and ureaplasma species in the vagina of women of reproductive ageN R Agbakoba
Department of Vet Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 26:28-31. 2007....
- [Comparative study of application of two kinds of culture media for cultivating of mycoplasma and its clinical significance]Pei Wang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Statistics, Public Health College, Dongnan University, Nanjing 210009, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:1093-4. 2004
- Association between preterm birth and vaginal colonization by mycoplasmas in early pregnancySoromon Kataoka
Department of Obstetrics, Hokkaido University Hospital, Sapporo, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 44:51-5. 2006..4; 95% CI, 2.7 to 40.5)-were independently associated with late abortion and preterm birth. In conclusion, vaginal colonization with U. parvum, but not U. urealyticum, is associated with late abortion or early preterm birth...
- Ureaplasma urealyticum and Mycoplasma hominis susceptibility to antimicrobial agentsI Marekovic
J Chemother 19:465-6. 2007
- Targeted Enzyme for HCCJAMES LARRICK; Fiscal Year: 2006..I/II cohort dose-escalation study of 19 HCC patients treated with PEGylated arginine deiminase [cloned from Mycoplasma hominis] demonstrates proof-of-concept in humans (Izzo et al., 2004)...
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen Waites; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Predoctoral Training Program in Reproductive, Perinatal & Pediatric EpidemiologyRoberta Ness; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the University of Pittsburgh, the combination of outstanding potential students, didactic experiences, and mentorship will maximize the likelihood of producing future leaders in RPP epidemiology. ..
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen Waites; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Molecular Epidemiology, Virulence, and Genomic Characterization of UreaplasmasKen B Waites; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- GENETIC ELEMENTS TRANSFORMING MOUSE FIBROBLASTSAndrei Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2009..The success of the proposed study will indicate development of a powerful target discovery tool that will be applicable for ACTT identification in other types of cancer. ..
- Innate Immune Responses of Trophoblasts in PregnancyVIKKI ABRAHAMS; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide new insight into how trophoblast cells function in the presence of an infection and will advance our understanding of pathological conditions, such as preeclampsia, IUGR or preterm deliveries. ..
- Gulf South STI/Topical Microbicide Cooperative Res CentDavid Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Funding this center will have significant social and public health impact on STIs in this high risk region for many years into the future. ..
- MODULATORS OF P53 EXPRESSION AND FUNCTIONAndrei Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 4 addresses the safety concerns related to the p53 inhibitory approach and will result in estimation of a potential risk of carcinogenic effects of different classes of p53 inhibitors. ..
- Controlling Radiation Injury by TLR5 AgonistsAndrei V Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments will provide essential mechanistic insight into the previously observed radio-protective and -mitigative effects of CBLB502. ..
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine L Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Novel Bacterial Pathogens in Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the risk factors, clinical characteristics, treatment efficacy, and morbidity of L. sanguinegens/amnionii, A. vaginae, BVAB, and UU-2 PID will direct future clinical and public health recommendations. ..
- Infection, Inflammation and PreeclampsiaCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, cytokine and CRP testing may prove to be effective tools for identifying women at risk for developing preeclampsia. ..
- Mycoplasma Genitalium and Pelvic Inflammatory DiseaseCatherine Haggerty; Fiscal Year: 2007..Exploring the role of M. genitalium in PID is imperative to optimize diagnosis and treatment and prevent reproductive morbidity among women with nongonococcal/nonchlamydial PID. ..
- Diagnostic Therapeutic Targets in Prostate CancerAndrei Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Annotation of the Mycoplasma alligatoris genomeDaniel Brown; Fiscal Year: 2002..The ease of PCR-based cloning and the accessibility of bioinformatics software make this an ideal project to engage undergraduate students in innovative biomedical research. ..
- ANTI-HIV-1 ACTIVITY OF MANNAN-BINDING LECTINGregory Spear; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Utilize inhibitors of glycosylation to enhance biological effects of MBL. Exarnine the interaction of MBL with anti-viral antibodies in mediating anti-viral effects. Deterrnine the interaction of HIV-1 with MBL in vivo. ..
- STRESS INDUCED BYSTANDER EFFECT IN CANCER TREATMENTAndrei Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Murine Model of Sexually Transmitted Disease-enhanced HIV TransmissionGregory Spear; Fiscal Year: 2007..This revised application includes new data that shows infection of Tg mice by HIV can be detected both in vitro and in vivo thus indicating the feasibility of the proposed experiments. ..
- MODULATORS OF P53 EXPRESSION AND FUNCTIONAndrei Gudkov; Fiscal Year: 2001..The expression patterns of the candidate proteins and their chromosome map positions are included in these aims. ..
- The Acquisition of Bacterial Vaginosis in LesbiansJeanne Marrazzo; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lesbian couples provide a unique opportunity to conduct comparative studies of vaginal microbial ecology in sex partners, and to directly analyze determinants of transmission. ..
- DOUCHING, VAGINAL MICROBIOLOGY, AND PIDRoberta Ness; Fiscal Year: 2003..Given the paucity of information regarding the relationship between douching and reproductive outcomes, the proposed study is imperative in order to direct future public health recommendations. ..
- EFFECTIVENESS OF OUTPATIENT TREATMENT OF PIDRoberta Ness; Fiscal Year: 2003..We gain great efficiency in the use of the extensive resources and excellent follow-up success within the PEACH cohort. ..