Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic bacteria in the family ENTEROBACTERIACEAE. It is found in FOOD; SOIL; and SEWAGE; and is an opportunistic pathogen of humans.
- Clinically significant Kluyvera infections: a report of seven casesJ Elliot Carter
Department of Pathology, University of South Alabama, Medical Center, Mobile 36617, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 123:334-8. 2005To determine the clinical significance of Kluyvera isolates at our institution, we retrospectively analyzed clinical microbiology data from January 1999 to September 2003...
- Urinary tract infection caused by Kluyvera ascorbata in an immunocompromised patient: case report and reviewDonato Torre
Section of Infectious Diseases, General Hospital, Cittiglio, Varese, Italy
Scand J Infect Dis 37:375-8. 2005We describe an immunocompromised patient, aged 78 y, with urinary tract infection caused by Kluyvera ascorbata. Complete recovery was achieved on antibiotic therapy with ceftriaxone. Review of the literature clearly indicates that K...
- Enterobacteriaceae and related organisms isolated from shell eggs collected during commercial processingM T Musgrove
Agricultural Research Service, USDA, Richard B Russell Agricultural Research Center, Athens, GA 30605, USA
Poult Sci 87:1211-8. 2008..Other genera isolated from at least 1 of the 3 plants included Cedecea, Citrobacter, Erwinia, Hafnia, Klebsiella, Kluyvera, Leclercia, Morganella, Proteus, Providencia, Rahnella, Salmonella, and Serratia...
- The genome and proteome of the Kluyvera bacteriophage Kvp1--another member of the T7-like AutographivirinaeErika J Lingohr
Public Health Agency of Canada, Laboratory for Foodborne Zoonoses, Guelph, ON, Canada
Virol J 5:122. 2008b>Kluyvera, a genus within the family Enterobacteriaceae, is an infrequent cause of human infections...
- A plasmid-borne Shewanella algae Gene, qnrA3, and its possible transfer in vivo between Kluyvera ascorbata and Klebsiella pneumoniaeChristine Lascols
Universite Paris 12, IFR10, Bacteriologie, F 94000 Creteil, France
J Bacteriol 190:5217-23. 2008..We isolated two qnrA3-positive strains, one of Klebsiella pneumoniae (He96) and one of Kluyvera ascorbata (Kas96), from the feces of an immunocompromised outpatient. The qnrA3 allele was identical to that of S...
- Identification of a progenitor of the CTX-M-9 group of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases from Kluyvera georgiana isolated in GuyanaAdam B Olson
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2112-5. 2005Chromosomal beta-lactamase genes (bla(KLUY)) from six Kluyvera georgiana strains isolated in Guyana were cloned and expressed in Escherichia coli...
- Kluyvera infections in the pediatric populationJ Elliot Carter
Department of Pathology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL 36617, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:839-41. 2008In pediatric patients, Kluyvera spp. has emerged as a cause of disease ranging from soft tissue infections to sepsis with multiorgan failure...
- In vitro analysis of ISEcp1B-mediated mobilization of naturally occurring beta-lactamase gene blaCTX-M of Kluyvera ascorbataMarie Frédérique Lartigue
Service de Bacteriologie Virologie, Hopital de Bicetre, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Universite Paris, K Bicêtre, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1282-6. 2006..Thus, the ability of this insertion sequence to mobilize the blaCTX-M-2 gene was tested from its progenitor, Kluyvera ascorbata. Insertions of ISEcp1B upstream of the blaCTX-M-2 gene in K...
- Isolation and antimicrobial sensitivities of Kluyvera spp. from humans in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, 2005-2006Berit Muller-Pebody
Int J Antimicrob Agents 30:371-2. 2007
- Chromosome-encoded CTX-M-3 from Kluyvera ascorbata: a possible origin of plasmid-borne CTX-M-1-derived cefotaximasesMaría Margarita Rodríguez
Catedra de Microbiologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:4895-7. 2004A gene identical to plasmid-borne bla(CTX-M-3) is present in the chromosome of one Kluyvera ascorbata strain...
- Characterisation of KLUA-9, a beta-lactamase from extended-spectrum cephalosporin-susceptible Kluyvera ascorbata, and genetic organisation of bla(KLUA-9)María Margarita Rodríguez
Catedra de Microbiologia, Facultad de Farmacia y Bioquimica, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Junín 954 1113, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Antimicrob Agents 29:332-7. 2007This study characterised the genetic environment of the chromosomally encoded bla(KLUA-9) gene from a clinical Kluyvera ascorbata isolate and performed a kinetic characterisation of KLUA-9...
- Evidence for the involvement of arginyl residue at the active site of penicillin G acylase from Kluyvera citrophilaR Suresh Kumar
Division of Biochemical Sciences, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune 411008, India
Biotechnol Lett 26:1601-6. 2004..Penicillin G acylase from Kluyvera citrophila was purified and chemically modified to identify the role of arginine in catalysis...
- Kluyvera meningitis in a newbornMarisa Rosso
Neonatology Unit, Virgen del Rocío University Children s Hospital, Seville, Spain
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1070-1. 2007b>Kluyvera is described infrequently in association with clinically significant infections in humans. It can produce a wide range of clinically significant manifestations...
- Occurrence of strains producing specific antibacterial inhibitory agents in five genera of EnterobacteriaceaeJan Smarda
Department of Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Tomesova 12, 602 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Curr Microbiol 54:113-8. 2007..We tested 50-163 strains each of the potentially pathogenic genera: Escherichia, Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Kluyvera, and Leclercia for their ability to produce bacteriophages, high-molecular-weight (HMW) and low-molecular-weight (..
- Characterization of the Enterobacteriaceae isolated from an artisanal Italian ewe's cheese (Pecorino Abruzzese)C Chaves-López
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Università di Teramo, Via Carlo Lerici 1 Mosciano Stazione TE, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 101:353-60. 2006..To evaluate some physiological characteristics of the Enterobacteriaceae isolated from Pecorino cheese...
- Differentiation of Kluyvera cryocrescens from Kluyvera ascorbata by irgasan susceptibility testingM Altwegg
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Ann Inst Pasteur Microbiol 137:159-68. 1986From the faeces of a diarrhoeic patient, we isolated a strain of Kluyvera ascorbata on cefsulodin-irgasan-novobiocin (CIN) agar, a highly selective medium used for Yersinia enterocolitica...
- Genetic and structural insights into the dissemination potential of the extremely broad-spectrum class A beta-lactamase KPC-2 identified in an Escherichia coli strain and an Enterobacter cloacae strain isolated from the same patient in FranceStephanie Petrella
UPMC Univ Paris 06, EA1541, Bactériologie Hygiène, Paris, France
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:3725-36. 2008..bla(KLUC-2), encoding a mutant of the chromosomal beta-lactamase of Kluyvera cryocrescens, was also identified at a plasmid location in E...
- First case of septicemia due to a strain belonging to enteric group 58 (Enterobacteriaceae) and its designation as Averyella dalhousiensis gen. nov., sp. nov., based on analysis of strains from 20 additional casesAndrew S Johnson
Department of Medicine and Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Clin Microbiol 43:5195-201. 2005..Salmonella spp., Serratia spp., Kluyvera spp., or Escherichia spp...
- Cefotaximases (CTX-M-ases), an expanding family of extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesJan Walther-Rasmussen
Deparment of Clinical Microbiology, The National University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Can J Microbiol 50:137-65. 2004..the CTX-M-ases are divided into four subfamilies that seem to have descended from chromosomal beta-lactamases of Kluyvera spp...
- Multiple antimicrobial resistance in Enterobacteriaceae isolates from pristine freshwaterC I Lima Bittencourt
Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 6:510-21. 2007..sp, Serratia sp, Escherichia sp, Enterobacter sp, Edwarsiella sp, Proteus sp, Citrobacter sp, Providencia sp, and Kluyvera sp...
- Performance of a sulfidogenic bioreactor and bacterial community shifts under different alkalinity levelsYang guo Zhao
College of Environmental Science and Engineering, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266100, China
Bioresour Technol 101:9190-6. 2010..Sequences representing Dysgonomonas, Raoultella, Kluyvera, and Phascolarctobacterium were now found...
- Prevalence and clonality of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases in AsiaP M Hawkey
Division of Immunity and Infection, University of Birmingham, Birmingham and Health Protection Agency, West Midlands Public Health Laboratory, Birmingham Heart of England NHS Trust, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham, UK
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:159-65. 2008..14 in China and many other parts of the Far East, suggesting the separate transfer of genes from the genome of Kluyvera spp. to mobile genetic elements in human-associated Enterobacteriaceae...
- Diversity of CTX-M beta-lactamases and their promoter regions from Enterobacteriaceae isolated in three Parisian hospitalsMichèle Saladin
Service de Bacteriologie, Hopital Tenon, U F R Saint Antoine, 4 rue de la Chine, 75970 Paris Cedex 20, France
FEMS Microbiol Lett 209:161-8. 2002..We found upstream of some bla(CTX-M) genes, a 266-bp sequence 100% identical to the sequence upstream of the Kluyvera ascorbata beta-lactamase gene, suggesting that this chromosomal enzyme is the progenitor of the CTX-M-2/5 cluster.
- [The aerobic intestinal flora of the microchiropteran bat Chaerephon pumila in Madagascar]A M Cassel-Beraud
Institut Pasteur, Tananarive, Madagascar
Bull Soc Pathol Exot Filiales 81:806-10. 1988..enterica O48: -; 1.5, despite many atypical characters. Strains of Salmonella enteritidis, Koserella trabulsii, Kluyvera sp., ODC negative Serratia marcescens, atypical Hafnia alvei... were also identified.
- Phylogenetic relationships of the genus Kluyvera: transfer of Enterobacter intermedius Izard et al. 1980 to the genus Kluyvera as Kluyvera intermedia comb. nov. and reclassification of Kluyvera cochleae as a later synonym of K. intermediaMaría E Pavan
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Fundación Pablo Cassará, Saladillo 2452, Buenos Aires 1440, Argentina
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:437-42. 2005In order to assess the relationship between the genus Kluyvera and other members of the family Enterobacteriaceae, the 16S rRNA genes of type strains of the recognized Kluyvera species, Kluyvera georgiana, Kluyvera cochleae, Kluyvera ..
- Molecular analysis of intestinal microbiota of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Paola Navarrete
Instituto de Nutricion y Tecnologia de los Alimentos INTA, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 71:148-56. 2010..bands revealed that the intestinal microbiota was dominated by Lactococcus lactis, Citrobacter gillenii, Kluyvera intermedia, Obesumbacterium proteus, and Shewanella marinus...
- High rate of mobilization for blaCTX-MsMiriam Barlow
University of California, Merced, California 95344, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 14:423-8. 2008..descended from a common ancestor that was incorporated in ancient times into the chromosome of the ancestor of Kluyvera species through horizontal transfer...
- Sugarcane bagasse mild alkaline/oxidative pretreatment for ethanol production by alkaline recycle processKe Ke Cheng
Division of Green Chemistry and Technology, Institute of Nuclear and New Energy Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, People s Republic of China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 151:43-50. 2008..A simultaneous saccharification and fermentation (SSF) culture with pretreated bagasse as substrate was developed giving 25 g ethanol l(-1) with a yield of 0.2 g g(-1) bagasse and productivity of 0.52 g l(-1) h(-1)...
- Hickman Catheter-Related Bacteremia with Kluyvera cryocrescens: a Case ReportDemet Toprak
Department of Pediatrics, Marmara Univesity School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 61:229-30. 2008..Blood cultures drawn from the peripheral vein and Hickman catheter revealed Kluyvera cryocrescens growth...
- [Severe sepsis, septic shock and secondary multiple organ dysfunction in infection by Kluyvera ascorbata]Raúl Carrillo Esper
Servicio de Terapia Intensiva, Fundación Clínica Médica Sur, Mexico
Gac Med Mex 147:355-60. 2011b>Kluyvera, a new genus of Enterobacteriaceae, is an emergent pathogen. Kluyvera species have been isolated from sputum, urine, stools, and blood...
- Production of biogenic amines by lactic acid bacteria and enterobacteria isolated from fresh pork sausages packaged in different atmospheres and kept under refrigerationJ A Curiel
Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnologia de Alimentos y Nutricion, CSIC, Juan de la Cierva 3, 28006 Madrid, Spain
Meat Sci 88:368-73. 2011..The biogenic amine-producer strains were included in a wide range of enterobacterial species, including Kluyvera intermedia, Enterobacter aerogenes, Yersinia kristensenii, Serratia grimesii, Serratia ficaria, Yersinia rodhei, ..
- Description of Gibbsiella quercinecans gen. nov., sp. nov., associated with Acute Oak DeclineCarrie Brady
Department of Microbiology and Plant Pathology, Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology Institute FABI, University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0002, South Africa
Syst Appl Microbiol 33:444-50. 2010..16S rRNA gene sequencing indicated that the strains were most closely related to the genera Serratia, Kluyvera, Klebsiella and Raoultella (all>97%)...
- Occurrence of gram-negative bacteria in hens' eggs depending on their source and storage conditionsD Stepień-Pyśniak
Department of Birds Diseases, Institute of Biological Fundamentals of Animal Diseases, Veterinary Faculty, University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Głeboka 30, 20 612 Lublin, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 13:507-13. 2010..stuartii, Serratia liquefaciens, Flavimonas oryzihabitans, Vibrio metschnikovii, Leclercia adecarboxylata, Kluyvera spp., Rahnella aquatilis, Proteus mirabilis, and Achromobacter spp...
- Correlation of fluoroquinolone resistance with expression of qnrA gene in Kluyvera sppSi Yang Huang
State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Etiological Biology, Key Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology of Gansu Province, Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Lanzhou, The People s Republic of China
Foodborne Pathog Dis 8:1039-44. 2011..whether the expression of qnrA may contribute to a high level of resistance among parent and induced strains of Kluyvera spp. Two clinical isolates of ciprofloxacin-resistant Kluyvera spp...
- Detection of protozoan and bacterial pathogens of public health importance in faeces of Corvus spp. (large-billed crow)H Y Lee
International Medical University, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Trop Biomed 25:134-9. 2008..They were Citrobacter freundii, Enterobacter cloacae, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Kluyvera ascorbata, Salmonella arizonae, Salmonella typhi, Shigella flexneri and Shigella sonnei...
- Urinary tract infection caused by Kluyvera ascorbata in a child: case report and review of the kluyvera infections in childrenE Ruffini
Department of Pediatrics, C e G Mazzoni Hospital, Ascoli Piceno, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 60:1451-4. 2008b>Kluyvera species are described infrequently in association with clinically significant infections, and infections caused by these gram negative rods are rare in children...
- Culture-dependent and culture-independent characterization of microorganisms associated with Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) (L.) and dynamics of bacterial colonization in the midgutDesiely S Gusmão
Instituto Federal de Educacao, Ciência e Tecnologia Fluminense IFF, RJ, Brazil
Acta Trop 115:275-81. 2010..and the main bacterial genera identified were: Serratia, Klebsiella, Asaia, Bacillus, Enterococcus, Enterobacter,Kluyvera and Pantoea. All genera were identified in midgut except Enterobacter that was observed only in eggs...
- Kluyvera cryocrescens sepsis in a preterm infantOzge Altun Koroglu
Department of Pediatrics, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 63:195-6. 2010b>Kluyvera cryocrescens, formerly accepted as a benign saprophytic microorganism, is an opportunistic pathogen and its infection is very rare in humans...
- Enterobacteriaceae and related organisms isolated from nest run cart shelves in commercial shell egg processing facilitiesM T Musgrove
Egg Safety and Quality Research Unit, USDA Agricultural Research Service, Athens, GA 30604, USA
Poult Sci 88:2113-7. 2009..Escherichia spp., Enterobacter spp., Klebsiella spp., Hafnia spp., Kluyvera spp., Leclercia spp., and Salmonella spp. Pseudomonas spp...
- Resistance to cephalosporins and carbapenems in Gram-negative bacterial pathogensYvonne Pfeifer
Robert Koch Institute, Nosocomial Infections, Wernigerode Branch, Burgstr 37, 38855 Wernigerode, Germany
Int J Med Microbiol 300:371-9. 2010..of genes encoding ESBL from environmental bacteria as, for instance the CTX-M-type beta-lactamases from Kluyvera spp...
- One-pot, two-step enzymatic synthesis of amoxicillin by complexing with Zn2+Ye Wang Zhang
School of Pharmacy, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, 212013, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 88:49-55. 2010..Immobilized penicillin acylase from Kluyvera citrophila was selected as the biocatalyst for its good pH stability and selectivity...
- Species distribution and antimicrobial susceptibility of gram-negative aerobic bacteria in hospitalized cancer patientsHossam M Ashour
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
J Transl Med 7:14. 2009..Nosocomial infections pose significant threats to hospitalized patients, especially the immunocompromised ones, such as cancer patients...
- Ethanol production from biodiesel-derived crude glycerol by newly isolated Kluyvera cryocrescensWon Jae Choi
Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences, Agency for Science, Technology and Research A STAR, 1 Pesek Road, Jurong Island, Singapore
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 89:1255-64. 2011..The newly isolated bacteria, identified as nonpathogenic Kluyvera cryocrescens S26 could convert biodiesel-derived crude glycerol to ethanol with high yield and productivity...
- blaCTX-M genes in escherichia coli strains from Croatian Hospitals are located in new (blaCTX-M-3a) and widely spread (blaCTX-M-3a and blaCTX-M-15) genetic structuresElzbieta Literacka
National Medicines Institute, Warsaw, Poland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:1630-5. 2009..genes were in a new configuration with two IS26 copies, indicating a new event of gene mobilization from a Kluyvera ascorbata genome. The study confirmed the role of the E...
- Genetic transformation of midgut bacteria from the red imported fire ant (Solenopsis invicta)Freder Medina
Department of Entomology, Heep Center, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2475, USA
Curr Microbiol 58:478-82. 2009..Here we report the genetic transformation and reintroduction of three species (Kluyvera cryocrescens, Serratia marcescens, and isolate 38) into the fire ant host...
- Antibiotic susceptibility profiles of uncommon bacterial species causing severe infections in ItalyD Nicolosi
Department of Microbiological Sciences, University of Catania, Italy
J Chemother 21:253-60. 2009..3%) and pneumonia (20%). Species such as Comamonas testosteroni, Enterococcus hirae, Kluyvera ascorbata, Kluyvera cryocrescens, Leclercia adecarboxylata and Ochrobactrum anthropi were recovered from ..
- [Kluyvera bacteriemia: an epidemic in a Moroccan teaching hospital]N Bellaoui
Laboratoire de Microbiologie, CHU Ibn Rochd, 19, Rue Tarik Ibn Zyad, Casablanca, Morocco
Med Mal Infect 39:133-5. 2009b>Kluyvera Spp is an enterobacterium rarely isolated in medical microbiology, an opportunistic pathogen the clinical significance of which remains unclear...
- Multidrug resistant Kluyvera ascorbata septicemia in an adult patient: a case reportShannon Moonah
Department of Medicine, Howard University Hospital, 2041 Georgia Avenue NW, Washington DC, 20060, USA
J Med Case Reports 4:197. 2010b>Kluyvera ascorbata has become increasingly significant due to its potential to cause a wide range of infections, as well as its ability to transfer gene encoding for CTX-M- type extended spectrum B-lactamases (ESBLs) to other ..
- A case of urinary tract infection caused by Kluyvera ascorbata in an infant: case report and review of the literatureAtsushi Isozaki
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City Minato Red Cross Hospital, 3 12 1 Shinyamashita, Naka ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Infect Chemother 16:436-8. 2010We experienced a case of urinary tract infection in a 3-month-old child caused by Kluyvera ascorbata. The authors report the case and review the literature regarding Kluyvera urinary tract infection exclusively in children...
- The spread of CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamasesG M Rossolini
Dipartimento di Biologia Molecolare, Sezione di Microbiologia, Universita di Siena, Siena, Italy
Clin Microbiol Infect 14:33-41. 2008..The CTX-M-encoding genes have been captured from the chromosome of Kluyvera spp. on conjugative plasmids that mediate their dissemination among pathogenic enterobacteria...
- Effects of induction starting time and Ca2+ on expression of active penicillin G acylase in Escherichia coliYong Mei Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, Institute of Newworld Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai 200237, China
Biotechnol Prog 23:1031-7. 2007..Thus, soluble expression of penicillin G acylase from Kluyvera citrophila was investigated in BL21(DE3)...
- Natural antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of Kluyvera ascorbata and Kluyvera cryocrescens strains and review of the clinical efficacy of antimicrobial agents used for the treatment of Kluyvera infectionsI Stock
Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelm Universität Bonn, Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Immunologie, Pharmazeutische Mikrobiologie, Bonn, Germany
J Chemother 17:143-60. 2005..A data base about the natural susceptibility of the two most common Kluyvera spp. to a wide range of antimicrobial agents is presented...
- [Respiratory infection by Kluyvera sp. Cause or consequence?]J Oteiza
An Med Interna 22:45-6. 2005
- Evolution of aromatic amino acid biosynthesis and application to the fine-tuned phylogenetic positioning of enteric bacteriaS Ahmad
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
J Bacteriol 172:1051-61. 1990..Enterocluster 2 consists of the genera Serratia and Erwinia. Enterocluster 3 includes the genera Cedecea, Kluyvera, Edwardsiella, Hafnia, Yersinia, Proteus, Providencia, and Morganella...
- Soft tissue infection caused by Kluyvera speciesStephen Darling
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:93. 2005
- Identification of Enterobacteriaceae from washed and unwashed commercial shell eggsMichael T Musgrove
Russell Research Center, 950 College Station Road, U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Athens, Georgia 30605, USA
J Food Prot 67:2613-6. 2004..These included Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Kluyvera, Pantoea, Providencia, Rahnella, Salmonella, Serratia, and Yersinia...
- Expression, purification, and characterization of His-tagged penicillin G acylase from Kluyvera citrophila in Escherichia coliYong Wen
Department of Drug Biosynthesis, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Protein Expr Purif 38:24-8. 2004The DNA fragment encoding Kluyvera citrophila penicillin G acylase (KcPGA) was amplified and cloned into the vector pET28b to obtain a C-terminus His-tagged fusion expression plasmid...
- Fatal emphysematous gastritis in a 2-year-old child with chronic renal failureMichael Eisenhut
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:414-6. 2004
- Moraxella and Kluyvera peritonitis in a CAPD patient with human immunodeficiency virusL Velusamy
Perit Dial Int 23:611-2. 2003
- Improving the specific synthetic activity of a penicillin g acylase using DNA family shufflingZheng Zhou
Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 35:573-9. 2003..The identity of pga genes from Escherichia coli, Kluyvera citrophila and Providencia rettgeri ranges from 62.5% to 96.9%...
- Study of the bacterial load in a gelatine production process focussed on Bacillus and related endosporeforming generaElke De Clerck
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Syst Appl Microbiol 25:611-7. 2002..Apart from members of the genus Bacillus or related endosporeforming genera, also members of Salmonella, Kluyvera, Staphylococcus, Burkholderia, Enterococcus, Pseudomonas, Yersinia, Streptococcus and Brevundimonas could be ..
- blaCTX-M-2 is located in an unusual class 1 integron (In35) which includes Orf513Sonia M Arduino
Facultad de Medicina de la Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155 1121 Capital Federal, Argentina
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:2303-6. 2002..PCR analysis revealed that the bla gene and the surrounding DNA, which is closely related (99% homology) to the Kluyvera ascorbata chromosomal DNA that contains the bla(KLUA-1) gene, are located in a complex sul1-type integron, termed ..
- Infections caused by Kluyvera species in humansJ C Sarria
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:E69-74. 2001b>Kluyvera is a relatively newly described genus in the family Enterobacteriaceae that infrequently causes infections in humans...
- Nucleotide sequence and characterization of a novel cefotaxime-hydrolyzing beta-lactamase (CTX-M-10) isolated in SpainA Oliver
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:616-20. 2001..The amino acid sequence identity between this enzyme, designated CTX-M-10, and the chromosomal beta-lactamase of Kluyvera ascorbata was 81%.
- Kluyvera bacteriophage Kvp1: a new member of the Podoviridae family phylogenetically related to the coliphage T7P Gadaleta
Departamento de Quimica Biologica, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Virus Res 51:43-52. 1997..This bacteriophage infects bacteria belonging to the Kluyvera cryocrescens species (strain 21 g) isolated from the same river...
- Kluyvera urinary tract infection: case report and review of the literatureHassib Narchi
Pediatric Department, Sandwell General Hospital, West Bromwich, UK
Pediatr Infect Dis J 24:570-2. 2005We report the occurrence of Kluyvera ascorbata urinary tact infection, presenting as acute pyelonephritis, in a 19-month-old girl without underlying uropathy...
- Expression and purification of penicillin G acylase enzymes from four different micro-organisms, and a comparative evaluation of their synthesis/hydrolysis ratios for cephalexinTianfan Cheng
Laboratory of Molecular Microbiology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 46:107-13. 2006..penicillin G acylase, as isolated from four different micro-organisms (Alcaligenes facaelis, Escherichia coli, Kluyvera cryocrescens or Providencia rettgeri) were modified at their carboxy-termini to include His-tag fusions, then ..
- Complete nucleotide sequence of the pCTX-M3 plasmid and its involvement in spread of the extended-spectrum beta-lactamase gene blaCTX-M-3M Gołebiewski
Department of Microbial Biochemistry, Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Pawinskiego 5A, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:3789-95. 2007..by an ISEcp1 element, is placed separately, in a DNA fragment previously identified as a fragment of the Kluyvera ascorbata chromosome...
- Isolation and characterization of cultivable fermentative bacteria from the intestine of two edible snails, Helixpomatia and Cornu aspersum (Gastropoda: Pulmonata)Maryvonne Charrier
Unite de Microbiologie, CR INRA de Clermont Ferrand Theix, Saint Genes Champanelle, F 63122, France
Biol Res 39:669-81. 2006..They were arranged into two taxa: the Gamma Proteobacteria with Buttiauxella, Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Kluyvera, Obesumbacterium, Raoultella and the Firmicutes with Enterococcus, Lactococcus, and Clostridium...
- Substrate specificity of the OqxAB multidrug resistance pump in Escherichia coli and selected enteric bacteriaLars Hestbjerg Hansen
Department of Microbiology, Institute of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Sølvgade 83H, 1307 Copenhagen K, Denmark
J Antimicrob Chemother 60:145-7. 2007..The ability of horizontal transfer to food-borne pathogens of the Enterobacteriaceae family was also investigated...
- Isolation and endotoxin activities of lipopolysaccharides from cyanobacterial cultures and complex water blooms and comparison with the effects of heterotrophic bacteria and green algaKaterina Bernardová
Biology Centre of the Academy of Sciences, Institute of Hydrobiology, Na Sadkach 7, 370 05 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
J Appl Toxicol 28:72-7. 2008..Aphanizomenon sp. and Anabaena sp., (iii) heterotrophic Gram-negative bacteria Escherichia coli, Kluyvera intermedia, Pseudomonas putida and Pseudomonas fluorescens and (iv) green alga Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata...
- Kluyvera co-infection in two solid organ transplant recipients: an emerging pathogen or a colonizer bystander?R Cheruvattath
Division of Transplantation Medicine, Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Transpl Infect Dis 9:83-6. 2007b>Kluyvera species are opportunistic, gram-negative bacilli in the family Enterobacteriaceae...
- Comparison of disk diffusion, VITEK 2, and broth microdilution antimicrobial susceptibility test results for unusual species of EnterobacteriaceaeNimalie D Stone
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, 69 Jesse Hill, Jr, Dr S E, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Clin Microbiol 45:340-6. 2007..The isolates represented 15 genera and 26 different species, including Buttiauxella, Cedecea, Kluyvera, Leminorella, and Yokenella...
- Impact of conjugal transfer on the stability of IncP-1 plasmid pKJK5 in bacterial populationsMartin Iain Bahl
Department of Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, Sølvgade, Copenhagen K, Denmark
FEMS Microbiol Lett 266:250-6. 2007The intrinsic stability of IncP-1 plasmid pKJK5 was assessed in both an Escherichia coli and a Kluyvera sp. population maintained in bacterial mats and in liquid nutrient broth without selective pressure...
- The effect of decreasing alkalinity on microbial community dynamics in a sulfate-reducing bioreactor as analyzed by PCR-SSCPNanqi Ren
School of Environmental and Municipal Engineering, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150090, China
Sci China C Life Sci 49:370-8. 2006..The analysis of microbial community structure in this stage showed that Lactococcus sp., Anaerofilum sp. and Kluyvera sp. were dominant populations...
- The CTX-M beta-lactamase pandemicRafael Canton
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, 28034 Madrid, Spain
Curr Opin Microbiol 9:466-75. 2006..ISCR1 (formerly common region 1 [CR1] or orf513) appear to enable the mobilization of chromosomal beta-lactamase Kluyvera species genes, which display high homology with blaCTX-Ms...
- Phylogenetic analysis of enteric species of the family Enterobacteriaceae using the oriC-locusAndreas Roggenkamp
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, 81377 Munich, Germany
Syst Appl Microbiol 30:180-8. 2007..species of the genera Escherichia, Shigella, Salmonella, Enterobacter, Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Raoultella, Kluyvera, Cedecea and Buttiauxella...
- Preparation of optically pure tert-leucine by penicillin G acylase-catalyzed resolutionShu Lai Liu
State Key Laboratory of Bioreactor Engineering, New World Institute of Biotechnology, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, P R China
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 36:235-41. 2006Penicillin G acylase, from Kluyvera citrophila, was used in kinetic resolution of DL-tert-leucine...
- Correlation between diverse cyclic lipopeptides production and regulation of growth and substrate utilization by Bacillus subtilis strains in a particular habitatAshis K Mukherjee
ONGC Centre for Petroleum Biotechnology, Department of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Tezpur University, Tezpur 784 028, India
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 54:479-89. 2005..subtilis strains in their parent ecological niche...
- Effect of organic cosolvent on kinetic resolution of tert-leucine by penicillin G acylase from Kluyvera citrophilaShu Lai Liu
State Key Lab of Bioreactor Engineering, East China University of Science and Technology, 130 Meilong Road, Shanghai, 200237, People s Republic of China
Bioprocess Biosyst Eng 28:285-9. 2006Penicillin G acylase (PGA) from Kluyvera citrophila immobilized on Amberzyml was used for enantioselective hydrolysis of N-phenylacetylated-DL-tert-leucine (N-Phac-DL-Tle) to produce L-tert-leucine (L-Tle)...
- The phylogenetic origin of the bifunctional tyrosine-pathway protein in the enteric lineage of bacteriaS Ahmad
Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, University of Florida, Gainesville 32611
Mol Biol Evol 5:282-97. 1988..bacteria (Escherichia, Shigella, Salmonella, Citrobacter, Klebsiella, Erwinia, Serratia, Morganella, Cedecea, Kluyvera, Hafnia, Edwardsiella, Yersinia, and Proteus) and in Aeromonas and Alteromonas...
- Type 3 fimbriae, encoded by the conjugative plasmid pOLA52, enhance biofilm formation and transfer frequencies in Enterobacteriaceae strainsMette Burmølle
Department of Microbiology, University of Copenhagen, 1307 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Microbiology 154:187-95. 2008..pathogenic, members of the family Enterobacteriaceae, including Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella Typhimurium, Kluyvera sp. and Enterobacter aerogenes, pOLA52 facilitated increased biofilm formation...