Genomes and Genes
Summary: Gram-negative bacteria isolated from infections of the respiratory and intestinal tracts and from the buccal cavity, intestinal tract, and urogenital tract. They are probably part of the normal flora of man and animals.
Publications200 found, 100 shown here
- Eikenella corrodens causing necrotizing fasciitis after an elective inguinal hernia repair in an adult: a case report and literature reviewAaron T Miller
Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Am Surg 73:876-9. 2007..Cultures grew out Eikenella corrodens, which, to our knowledge, has only been reported in one other case as a cause of necrotizing fasciitis...
- Characterization of autoinducer 2 signal in Eikenella corrodens and its role in biofilm formationHiroyuki Azakami
Department of Biological Chemistry, Yamaguchi University, 1677 1 Yoshida, Yamaguchi 753 8515, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 102:110-7. 2006..In this study, the periodontal pathogen Eikenella corrodens was observed to secrete type 2 signaling molecules...
- Inflammatory pseudotumour associated with chronic persistent Eikenella corrodens infection: a case report and brief reviewS H Lee
Taipei Municipal Hoping Hospital, 33 Section 2 Chung Hwa Road, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Pathol 56:868-70. 2003..with a mild mixed inflammatory infiltrate, and a culture that yielded an uncommon fastidious bacillus, Eikenella corrodens. The clinical course was indolent but protracted, with insidious progression to multifocal non-contiguous ..
- Interleukin-6 (IL-6) and IL-8 are induced in human oral epithelial cells in response to exposure to periodontopathic Eikenella corrodensH Yumoto
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, Japan
Infect Immun 67:384-94. 1999..To elucidate this mechanism, we determined the adherence of the periodontopathic bacterium Eikenella corrodens 1073, which has a GalNAc-sensitive lectin-like adhesin (EcLS), to a human oral epithelial carcinoma cell ..
- Identification of lysine decarboxylase as a mammalian cell growth inhibitor in Eikenella corrodens: possible role in periodontal diseaseM Levine
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, P O Box 26901, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73190, USA
Microb Pathog 30:179-92. 2001..by examining the mechanism of HeLa and HL60 cell growth inhibition by cell-free saline-soluble extracts of Eikenella corrodens and bacterial plaque. Previous studies identified a protein (p80) as causing growth inhibition by E...
- Unusual cause of infective discitis in an adolescentM K Sayana
Department of Orthopaedics, Fairfield General Hospital, Rochdale Old Road, Bury, Lancashire BL9 7TA, UK
Postgrad Med J 79:237-8. 2003The first case of infective discitis caused by Eikenella corrodens in an adolescent is presented. The need for anaerobic cultures when dealing with infective pathology in the spine is stressed...
- Urinary tract infection caused by Eikenella corrodensMichael Hombach
J Clin Microbiol 45:675. 2007
- Eikenella corrodens: an unusual cause of severe parapneumonic infection and empyema in immunocompetent patientsS L Hoyler
University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Texas Oncology Physicians Associates, El Paso 79915, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 93:224-9. 2001Over the past 25 years, Eikenella corrodens has increasingly been recognized for its pathogenic potential...
- Eikenella corrodens, cause of a vulvar abscess in a diabetic adultNefise Oztoprak
Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, 67600 Zonguldak, Turkey
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2009:63565. 2009We report a case of Eikenella corrodens causing vulvar abscess in a diabetic patient...
- Characterization and expression of adjacent proline iminopeptidase and aspartase genes from Eikenella corrodensT Selby
University of Bristol Dental School, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol BS1 2LY, UK
Oral Microbiol Immunol 18:256-9. 2003Two adjacent genes involved in nitrogen metabolism from Eikenella corrodens, with a potential role in pathogenesis, were studied...
- Molecular analysis of the gene encoding a protein component of the Eikenella corrodens adhesin complex that is close to the carbohydrate recognition domainH Azakami
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, Japan
Gene 180:207-12. 1996A monoclonal antibody against a lectin-like substance (LS) of Eikenella corrodens (Ec) was used for screening the Ec DNA library. Three positive clones that carried an identical 12-kb segment were obtained...
- Canaliculitis associated with a combined infection of Lactococcus lactis cremoris and Eikenella corrodensDexter Y L Leung
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:284-5. 2006
- Eikenella corrodens from a brain abscessRina Karunakaran
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 26:49-52. 2004..any organisms, the pus from the second drainage on the fourth day of admission yielded a mixed growth of Eikenella corrodens and Streptococcus milleri...
- Eikenella corrodens infections in children and adolescents: case reports and review of the literatureK Paul
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Clin Infect Dis 33:54-61. 2001b>Eikenella corrodens is a slow-growing, gram-negative, nonmotile, facultative rod that can cause infection in humans...
- Bronchopleural cutaneous fistula due to Eikenella corrodensKin Sun Wong
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children s Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Pediatr (Rio J) 81:265-7. 2005The aim of this paper is to review the subject and to report on and discuss a case of bronchopleural cutaneous fistula due to Eikenella corrodens.
- High-level tetracycline resistance resulting from TetM in strains of Neisseria spp., Kingella denitrificans, and Eikenella corrodensJ S Knapp
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Laboratory Program, Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, Georgia 30333
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 32:765-7. 1988..meningitidis, Kingella denitrificans, and Eikenella corrodens contained 25.2-megadalton plasmids carrying the TetM determinant. In contrast, tetracycline-resistant N...
- Production of antagonistic substance by Eikenella corrodens isolated from the oral cavity of human beings with and without periodontal diseaseA C M Apolônio
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 103:245-51. 2007Antagonistic abilities may confer ecological advantages for micro-organisms in competitive ecosystems. However, reports regarding this phenomenon in Eikenella corrodens are not available.
- Streptococci dominate the diverse flora within buccal cellsJ D Rudney
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 17 252 Moos Tower, 515 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Dent Res 84:1165-71. 2005..techniques to identify Fusobacterium nucleatum, Prevotella intermedia, oral Campylobacter species, Eikenella corrodens, Treponema denticola, Gemella haemolysans, Granulicatella adiacens, and total streptococci within buccal ..
- Susceptibilities of Eikenella corrodens, Prevotella intermedia, and Prevotella nigrescens clinical isolates to amoxicillin and tetracyclineN Luong
Division of Primary Oral Health Care, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:3253-5. 2001The AB Biodisk Etest showed that 106 (100%) and 98 (92%) isolates of Eikenella corrodens were susceptible to amoxicillin and tetracycline, respectively...
- Contamination of interdental brushes by periodontopathogensW Papaioannou
University of Athens, Dental School, Department of Periodontology, Greece
Clin Oral Investig 6:75-8. 2002..This contamination could be a factor in the intraoral spread of bacteria...
- [Eikenella corrodens-induced spondylitis. Detection with 16s-RNA polymerase chain reaction]F Zeifang
Klinik für Orthopädie, Department für Orthopädie und Traumatologie der Universitätsklinik Freiburg
Orthopade 31:591-3. 2002..The rare case of an Eikenella corrodens-induced spondylitis is presented, which could only be identified using 16S ribosomal DNA polymerase chain ..
- Salivary microbiota levels in relation to periodontal status, experience of caries and miswak use in Sudanese adultsIsmail A Darout
Institute of Odontology Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Dentistry, and Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Clin Periodontol 29:411-20. 2002....
- Clinical and microbiological studies of periodontal disease in Sjögren syndrome patientsB Kuru
Department of Periodontology, Marmara University Dental Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Periodontol 29:92-102. 2002..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether the periodontal status of SS patients, in terms of clinical and microbiological parameters, differs from systemically healthy age- and gender-matched controls...
- In vitro activities of a new des-fluoroquinolone, BMS 284756, and seven other antimicrobial agents against 151 isolates of Eikenella corrodensEllie J C Goldstein
The R M Alden Research Laboratory and UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, California 90404, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:1141-3. 2002The des-fluoroquinolone BMS 284756 was active in vitro against all 151 clinical strains of Eikenella corrodens at a MIC of < or = 0.25 microg/ml and was comparable in activity to moxifloxacin and levofloxacin...
- Periodontitis is associated with preeclampsia in pregnant womenA Contreras
Periodontal Medicine Research Group, Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Valle, Cali, Colombia
J Periodontol 77:182-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of periodontitis and the subgingival microbial composition on preeclampsia...
- The localization of periodontal-disease-associated bacteria in human periodontal pocketsY Noiri
Department of Restorative Dentistry and Endodontology, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Suita, Japan
J Dent Res 80:1930-4. 2001..nucleatum and Treponema denticola were especially localized in the unattached plaque area, but Eikenella corrodens was observed in the tooth-attached plaque area...
- A new checkerboard panel for testing bacterial markers in periodontal diseaseG Dahlen
Department of Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Odontology, Sahlgrenska Academy of Göteborg University, Sweden
Oral Microbiol Immunol 21:6-11. 2006....
- [Acute subdural abscess due to mixed infection of Eikenella corrodens and Streptococcus constellatus]A Nakao
Department of Pediatrics, Kawasaki Municipal Hospital
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 75:977-80. 2001b>Eikenella corrodens is a gram-negative, facultative anaerobic rod that frequently exists as part of normal human flora in the upper respiratory tract and gastrointestinal tract. Recently, E...
- Microbial profile on metallic and ceramic bracket materialsPatrick Anhoury
Department of Restorative Sciences Biomatrials, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Mass 02118, USA
Angle Orthod 72:338-43. 2002..Fusobacterium nucleatum ss vincentii, Streptococcus anginosus, and Eubacterium nodatum on metallic brackets while higher counts of Eikenella corrodens, Campylobacter showae, and Selenomonas noxia were found on ceramic brackets.
- Eikenella corrodens brain abscess after repeated periodontal manipulations cured with imipenem and neurosurgeryV Asensi
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hospital Central de Asturias, Oviedo University Medical School, Spain
Infection 30:240-2. 2002b>Eikenella corrodens is a facultatively anaerobic gram-negative rod that colonizes the oral cavity and very rarely produces central nervous system (CNS) infections...
- Implant therapy following liver transplantation: clinical and microbiological results after 10 yearsSiegfried Martin Heckmann
School of Dental Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Periodontol 75:909-13. 2004..Six months after liver transplantation, two interforaminal implants were inserted in the edentulous mandible, and an overdenture using non-rigid telescopic attachments was fabricated 3 months later...
- Clonal diversity and stability of subgingival Eikenella corrodensO Fujise
Division of Primary Oral Health Care, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Clin Microbiol 42:2036-42. 2004b>Eikenella corrodens is a commensal subgingival bacterium commonly found in both periodontally nondiseased and diseased subjects. The present study examined the clonal diversity and stability of subgingival E. corrodens over time...
- Microbiologic diagnostics at titanium implantsAsa Leonhardt
Department of Periodontology, Specialist Dental Clinic, Mölndal Hospital, SE 431 80 Molndal, Sweden
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 5:226-32. 2003..Therefore, a microbiologic diagnosis may be of value as guidance before treatment of such lesions...
- Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis following pleural empyema owing to Boerhaave's syndromeBradette Z Varilek
University of Nebraska, College of Medicine, Omaha, USA
J Child Neurol 19:224-7. 2004..After a course of methylprednisolone, broad-spectrum antibiotics, and bilateral chest tube placement, the patient recovered with only mild residual deficits, along with resolution of his MRI findings...
- [Acute neurological symptoms in a 6-year-old patient with cyanotic congenital heart disease]J Guerrero-Fernández
Hospital Infantil La Paz, Madrid, Spain
An Pediatr (Barc) 60:367-8. 2004
- Role of troponin I in active infective endocarditisRichard W Watkin
Department ofCardiology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 94:1198-9. 2004..Patients with elevated troponin I were not more likely to need valve replacement. Troponin I levels did not predict perivalvular extension. It is hypothesized that elevated troponin I is a reflection of myocardial involvement...
- Killing of periodontopathogenic bacteria by photodynamic therapyAnne Pfitzner
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Friedrich Schiller University of Jena, Jena, Germany
J Periodontol 75:1343-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to evaluate a new approach for killing periodontopathogenic bacteria using photodynamic therapy (PDT)...
- In vitro antibacterial effects of glycyrrhetinic acid on periodontopathogenic and capnophilic bacteria isolated from adult periodontitisM H Salari
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:987-8. 2003
- DNA-DNA hybridization demonstrates multiple bacteria in osteoradionecrosisG Støre
Section for Maxillo Facial Surgery, ENT Department, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:193-6. 2005..nucleatum. The results of this study indicate that bacteria, particularly anaerobes, may play a more fundamental role in the pathophysiology of osteoradionecrosis than being merely surface contaminants...
- Serum phenytoin concentration and IgG antibody titre to periodontal bacteria in patients with phenytoin-induced gingival overgrowthH Yamada
Department of Periodontology and Endodontology, Okayama University Dental School, Okayama, Japan
J Int Acad Periodontol 3:42-7. 2001....
- Proteolytic and hydrolytic enzymes from putative periodontal pathogens: characterization, molecular genetics, effects on host defenses and tissues and detection in gingival crevice fluidBarry M Eley
Periodontol 2000 31:105-24. 2003
- Prevalence of periodontopathic bacteria in aggressive periodontitis patients in a Chilean populationMarta Gajardo
Area of Microbiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Periodontol 76:289-94. 2005..The aim of the present study was to determine the prevalence of eight periodontopathic bacteria in Chilean patients with AgP...
- In vivo evaluation of the effect of essential oil-containing oral strips on salivary bacteria using the checkerboard methodCarina Maciel da Silva
Institute of Microbiology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Dent 16:38-43. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the antimicrobial effect of essential oil-containing oral strips on different species of the oral microbiota...
- Acute bacterial suppurative parotitis: microbiology and managementItzhak Brook
Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Craniofac Surg 14:37-40. 2003..Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Treponema pallidum, cat-scratch bacillus, and Eikenella corrodens. Mycobacterium tuberculosis and atypical mycobacteria are rare causes of parotitis...
- N-acetyl-D-galactosamine specific lectin of Eikenella corrodens induces intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) production by human oral epithelial cellsMasayoshi Yamada
Department of Conservative Dentistry, Tokushima University School of Dentistry, Tokushima 770 8504, Japan
J Med Microbiol 51:1080-9. 2002..Earlier work reported that periodontopathogenic Eikenella corrodens strain 1,073 up-regulated the expression and secretion of chemokines such as interleukin-8 (IL-8) from KB ..
- Caspase activation is involved in chronic periodontitisHeike Bantel
Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Dusseldorf, Germany
FEBS Lett 579:5559-64. 2005..Our data suggest that caspase activation is a prominent feature in periodontitis-associated tissue injury...
- [A girl with fever, swelling and unilateral velopalatine procidentia]María Dolores López-Prieto
Servicio de Microbiologia, Hospital Punta de Europa, Algeciras, Cadiz, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 22:499-500. 2004
- Clinical features of patients with invasive Eikenella corrodens infections and microbiological characteristics of the causative isolatesW S Sheng
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 20:231-6. 2001Clinical features of 43 cases of invasive Eikenella corrodens infections diagnosed at National Taiwan University Hospital during a 6-year period (1993-1998) were analyzed...
- [Microbiological and biochemical characteristics of inflammatory tissues in the periodontium]Algimantas Surna
Kauno medicinos universiteto Dantu ir zandikauliu ortopedijos klinika
Medicina (Kaunas) 44:201-10. 2008....
- Occurrence of periodontopathic and superinfecting bacteria in chronic and aggressive periodontitis subjects in a Colombian populationJavier Enrique Botero
Periodontal Medicine Group, University of Valle, Cali, Colombia
J Periodontol 78:696-704. 2007..This study describes clinical parameters and the composition of the subgingival microbiota in chronic periodontitis (CP) and aggressive periodontitis (AgP) patients in a Colombian population...
- Eikenella corrodens cervical spinal epidural abscess induced by a fish boneSeong Ho Jeon
Department of Neurology, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Gil Medical Center, 1198 Guwol dong, Namdong gu, Incheon, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:380-2. 2007Cervical spinal epidural abscess, caused by fish bone injury and a secondary infection by Eikenella corrodens which is part of the normal flora, has not been reported...
- Abscesses of the upper extremity from drug abuse by injectionM H Gonzalez
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Illinois, Chicago
J Hand Surg Am 18:868-70. 1993..Bacteriology showed the most common organisms to be streptococcus, Staphylococcus aureus, and Eikenella corrodens. Nineteen percent of the abscesses had anaerobes cultured...
- Photodynamic therapy as an adjunct to non-surgical periodontal treatment: a randomized, controlled clinical trialNicos Christodoulides
Department of Periodontology, Radboud University Medical Center, Philips van Leydenlaan 25, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Periodontol 79:1638-44. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the clinical and microbiologic effects of the adjunctive use of PDT to non-surgical periodontal treatment...
- Purification and partial characterization of a bacteriocin produced by Eikenella corrodensA C M Apolônio
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 104:508-14. 2008The purpose of this study was to purify and characterize a bacteriocin produced by Eikenella corrodens A32E2.
- Susceptibility of various oral bacteria to antimicrobial peptides and to phagocytosis by neutrophilsS Ji
Program of Oromaxillofacial Infection and Immunity and BK21, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Periodontal Res 42:410-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare the susceptibility of nonperiodontopathic and periodontopathic bacteria to major defense mechanisms for bacterial clearance in gingival sulcus...
- Implant surface analysis and microbiologic evaluation of failed implants retrieved from smokersJamil Awad Shibli
Department of Periodontology, Dental Research Division, Guarulhos University, Guarulhos, SP, Brazil
J Oral Implantol 33:232-8. 2007..Periodontal pathogens such as Aggregactibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Campylobacter rectus, Eikenella corrodens, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, Tannerella forsythia, and ..
- Orbital cellulitis with abscess formation following surgical treatment of canaliculitisMark P Hatton
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:314-6. 2008..Complications from surgical management of canaliculitis are unusual. Clinicians should be aware of the rare but serious risk of spread of the infection to the orbit...
- Chronic sinusitis in childrenJ J Daele
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, CHR de la Citadelle, , Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 51:285-304. 1997..A streptococcus, group C streptococcus, streptococcus viridans, peptostreptococcus, moraxella species and Eikenella corrodens. Respiratory anaerobes are not common...
- [Sepsis after pharyngitis]I Schmid
Medizinische Klinik, Stadtspital Triemli, Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 97:30-2. 2008..The most common pathogen is the Fusobacterium necrophorum, but other bacteria of the normal oropharyngeal flora can also be the causative organisms. Given an adequate antibiotic therapy and supportive care, the prognosis is favourable...
- Amniotic fluid infection syndrome and neonatal mortality caused by Eikenella corrodensStefan Kostadinov
Division of Perinatal Pathology, Women and Infants Hospital, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02905, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 8:489-92. 2005..b>Eikenella corrodens is part of the normal flora in the human oral cavity and upper respiratory tract...
- Microbiota of the dorsum of the tongue after plaque accumulation: an experimental study in humansMarcelo Faveri
Department of Periodontology, Dental Research Division, Guarulhos University, Guarulhos, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Periodontol 77:1539-46. 2006..The purpose of the present investigation was to determine the effect of the absence of tongue hygiene on the microbiota of the dorsum of the tongue...
- Eikenella corrodens in head and neck infectionsTsuyoshi Udaka
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
J Infect 54:343-8. 2007b>Eikenella corrodens (E. corrodens) is a Gram-negative facultative anaerobic bacillus that originally was thought to be an attenuated and indigenous bacterium. In recent years, a number of reports have documented that E...
- Molecular strategies for fimbrial expression and assemblyH Wu
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405, USA
Crit Rev Oral Biol Med 12:101-15. 2001..Oral pathogens, such as Eikenella corrodens, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and Porphyromonas gingivalis, possess fimbriae that have been ..
- Detection of putative periodontal pathogens in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and non-diabetes mellitus by polymerase chain reactionK Yuan
Department of Dentistry, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Periodontal Res 36:18-24. 2001..rates of 5 putative periodontal pathogens: Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Eikenella corrodens, Treponema denticola, and Candida albicans by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) between NIDDM and non-DM ..
- Caries-related plaque microcosm biofilms developed in microplatesS K Filoche
Dental Research Group, Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine, Wellington, New Zealand
Oral Microbiol Immunol 22:73-9. 2007..The microplate plaques demonstrated complex community dynamics that appeared to reflect the maturation of natural plaques, and sucrose induced a cariogenic plaque composition and pH...
- The detection of eight putative periodontal pathogens in adult and rapidly progressive periodontitis patients: an institutional studyVinayak M Joshi
Dept of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8700, USA
Indian J Dent Res 18:6-10. 2007....
- Photodynamic therapy as adjunct to non-surgical periodontal treatment in patients on periodontal maintenance: a randomized controlled clinical trialPanos Chondros
Department of Periodontology, Radboud University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Lasers Med Sci 24:681-8. 2009..m.), Fusobacterium nucleatum (F.n.), Campylobacter rectus (C.r.), Eubacterium nodatum (E.n.), Eikenella corrodens (E.c.), and Capnocytophaga species (C.s...
- The oral gram-negative anaerobic microflora in young children: longitudinal changes from edentulous to dentate mouthE Kononen
Institute of Dentistry, Department of Periodontology, University of Helsinki, Finland
Oral Microbiol Immunol 9:136-41. 1994..from 24 to 71%, Campylobacter (Wolinella) spp. from 5 to 43% and Eikenella corrodens from 5 to 57%. Only the occurrence of Bacteroides gracilis and Veillonella spp...
- Polymerase chain reaction detection of 8 putative periodontal pathogens in subgingival plaque of gingivitis and advanced periodontitis lesionsA Ashimoto
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089 0641, USA
Oral Microbiol Immunol 11:266-73. 1996..the prevalence of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Bacteroides forsythus, Campylobacter rectus, Eikenella corrodens, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia...
- [Subgingival microbiota in chronic and aggressive periodontitis in Bogotá, Colombia: an epidemiological approach]Isabel Mayorga-Fayad
Laboratorio de Microbiologia Oral, Instituto Unidad de Investigación Básica Oral, Universidad El Bosque, Bogota, D C, Colombia
Biomedica 27:21-33. 2007..This suggests that each country must establish its own dental microbiobiotic profile in order to formulate adequate prevention measures and more specific treatments...
- Association of Eubacterium nodatum and Treponema denticola with human periodontitis lesionsA D Haffajee
Department of Periodontology, The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oral Microbiol Immunol 21:269-82. 2006....
- Detection of Porphyromonas gingivalis in gingival exudate by a dipeptide-enhanced trypsin-like activityM Wikstrom
Department of Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Odontology, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Periodontol 65:47-55. 1994..actinomycetemcomitans, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Capnocytophaga spp, Campylobacter rectus, and Eikenella corrodens by cultivation technique and the amidolytic activity, using N-benzoyl-L-arginine-p-nitroanilide (BAPNA) as ..
- Antibacterial activity of medicinal plant extracts against periodontopathic bacteriaL Iauk
Department of Microbiological Sciences, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, 95124 Catania, Italy
Phytother Res 17:599-604. 2003..Fusobacterium nucleatum, Capnocytophaga gingivalis, Veilonella parvula, Eikenella corrodens, Peptostreptococcus micros and Actinomyces odontolyticus. The methanol extracts of H. virginiana and A...
- Differentiation of some species of Neisseriaceae and other bacterial groups by DNA-DNA hybridizationT Tønjum
Kaptein W Wilhelmsen og Frues Bakteriologiske Institutt, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet, Norway
APMIS 97:395-405. 1989..meningitidis, Kingella kingae, K. indologenes, K. dentrificans, Oligella urethralis, Eikenella corrodens, Cardiobacterium hominis, Haemophilus aphrophilus, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Gardnerella ..
- Cardiobacterium hominis endocarditis: Two cases and a review of the literatureA N Malani
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Michigan Medical School, Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System, Ann Arbor, 2215 Fuller Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 25:587-95. 2006..hominis, Eikenella corrodens, and Kingella species), is a rare cause of endocarditis. There are 61 reported cases of C...
- Initial antimicrobial effect of controlled-release doxycycline in subgingival sitesM G Jorgensen
University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California 90089 0641, USA
J Periodontal Res 39:315-9. 2004..To determine the ability of a 10% doxycycline hyclate controlled-release polymer (Atridox) to suppress periodontopathic bacteria when placed subgingivally following scaling and root planing (Sc/Rp)...
- Phylogeny of species in the family Neisseriaceae isolated from human dental plaque and description of Kingella oralis sp. nov [corrected]F E Dewhirst
Department of Molecular Genetics, Forsyth Dental Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
Int J Syst Bacteriol 43:490-9. 1993Fourteen human periodontal isolates recovered from a purported Eikenella corrodens-selective medium containing 1 microgram of clindamycin per ml displayed biochemical traits which differed from those described for E. corrodens...
- Early-onset periodontitis associated with Down's syndrome--clinical interventional studyP Cichon
Department of Periodontal, University of Witten Herdecke, Germany
Ann Periodontol 3:370-80. 1998..and quantitation of Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, Eikenella corrodens, Bacteroides forsythus, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Treponema denticola, and Campylobacter rectus by DNA ..
- Prevalent bacterial species and novel phylotypes in advanced noma lesionsB J Paster
Department of Molecular Genetics, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Microbiol 40:2187-91. 2002..Afipia spp., Brevundimonas diminuta, Capnocytophaga spp., Cardiobacterium sp., Eikenella corrodens, Fusobacterium spp., Gemella haemoylsans, and Neisseria spp...
- Profile of subgingival microbiota in children with primary dentitionJ J Kamma
Department of Periodontology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
J Periodontal Res 35:33-41. 2000..intermedia. The bacterial species S. constellatus, P. micros, Pseudoramibacter alactolyticus, Eikenella corrodens and F. nucleatum were associated with non-bleeding sites while S. intermedius, C. concisus, P...
- HACEK group endocarditis at the Riyadh Armed Forces HospitalN el Khizzi
Division of Microbiology, Armed Forces Hospital, Riyadh, KSA
J Infect 34:69-74. 1997..Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacterium hominis, Eikenella corrodens and Kingella spp.) are rare causes of infective endocarditis...
- Surveillance of susceptibility patterns in 1297 European and US anaerobic and capnophilic isolates to co-amoxiclav and five other antimicrobial agentsLaura M Koeth
Laboratory Specialists, Inc, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:1039-44. 2004..125/1 for Prevotella species, </=0.125/0.25 for Fusobacterium nucleatum, 0.5/1 for Eikenella corrodens, 0.25/8 for Peptostreptococcus anaerobius, </=0.125/0...
- Effect of khat chewing on 14 selected periodontal bacteria in sub- and supragingival plaque of a young male populationN N Al-Hebshi
Department of Odontology Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Bergen, Norway
Oral Microbiol Immunol 20:141-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to estimate and compare the prevalence and levels of 14 periodontal bacteria in gingival plaque of khat chewers and khat nonchewers, as well as of khat chewing sides and khat nonchewing sides...
- Detection of periodontopathogenic bacteria in pregnant women by traditional anaerobic culture method and by a commercial molecular genetic methodEdit Urban
Institute of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Szeged, H 6725 Szeged, Semmelweis u 6, Hungary
Anaerobe 16:283-8. 2010..nodatum, Tannerella forsythia and Porphyromonas gingivalis (97-92%), fair for Capnocytophaga sp, Eikenella corrodens, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, and Prevotella intermedia (91-89%) and poor for Fusobacterium ..
- Sampling strategy for intraoral detection of periodontal pathogens before and following periodontal therapyThomas Beikler
Department of Periodontics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7444, USA
J Periodontol 77:1323-32. 2006..for detecting oral colonization by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Eikenella corrodens, Tannerella forsythensis, Prevotella intermedia, Prevotella nigrescens, and Treponema denticola before and ..
- Non-HACEK gram-negative bacillus endocarditisSusan Morpeth
Duke University Medical Center and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:829-35. 2007..species other than Haemophilus species, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Cardiobacterium hominis, Eikenella corrodens, or Kingella species) gram-negative bacilli is rare, is poorly characterized, and is commonly considered to ..
- Infective endocarditis due to Haemophilus aphrophilus: a case reportRicardo M Pereira
Enfermaria de Pediatria, Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 84:178-80. 2008..To report the case of a child with infective endocarditis caused by Haemophilus aphrophilus...
- Comparative in vitro activities of ABT-773 against aerobic and anaerobic pathogens isolated from skin and soft-tissue animal and human bite wound infectionsE J Goldstein
R M Alden Research Laboratory, Santa Monica University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, 90404, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44:2525-9. 2000..015 to >32 and 32 microg/ml; streptococci, 0.015 to 0.03 and 0.03 microg/ml; Eikenella corrodens, 0.25 to 1 and 1 microg/ml; and Bergeyella zoohelcum, 0.03 to 0.25 and 0.06 microg/ml...
- Cross-reactivity between human sialyl Lewis(x) oligosaccharide and common causative oral bacteria of infective endocarditisK Hirota
Department of Microbiology, Tokushima University, School of Dentistry, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 12:159-64. 1995..constellatus, Streptococcus anginosus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans, Eikenella corrodens and Porphyromonas gingivalis...
- Bleeding on probing differentially relates to bacterial profiles: the Oral Infections and Vascular Disease Epidemiology StudyRyan T Demmer
Department of Epidemiology, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Periodontol 35:479-86. 2008..Various bacterial species are differentially prevalent in periodontal health, gingivitis or periodontitis. We tested the independent associations between three bacterial groupings and gingival inflammation in an epidemiological study...
- Rapid and simple detection of eight major periodontal pathogens by the loop-mediated isothermal amplification methodJunko Miyagawa
Department of Pathophysiology Periodontal Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, Japan
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 53:314-21. 2008..eight periodontal pathogens: Aggregatibacter (Actinobacillus) actinomycetemcomitans, Campylobacter rectus, Eikenella corrodens, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, Treponema denticola and ..
- Lysozyme and microbiota in relation to gingivitis and periodontitisAlgimantas Surna
Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Orthopedics, Kaunas University of Medicine, Lithuania
Med Sci Monit 15:CR66-73. 2009....
- Specific antibiotics in the treatment of periodontitis--a proposed strategyThomas Beikler
Department of Periodontology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
J Periodontol 75:169-75. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to propose a strategy for the selection of antibiotics that specifically target complexes of periodontal pathogens present in patients with periodontitis...
- Comparison of culture methods and multiplex PCR for the detection of periodontopathogenic bacteria in biofilm associated with severe forms of periodontitisSimonetta D'Ercole
Oral Microbiology Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, G d Annnunzio University of Chieti Pescara, Italy
New Microbiol 31:383-91. 2008..a selected panel of periodontopathic bacteria: Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Campylobacter rectus, Eikenella corrodens, Fusobacterium nucleatum, Porphyromonas gingivalis, and Prevotella intermedia...
- [Endocarditis due to Aggregatibacter (formerly: Actinobacillus) actinomycetemcomitans, a bacterium that grows in characteristic star-shaped colonies]A S Lampe
HagaZiekenhuis, Afd Medische Microbiologie, Den Haag
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 152:827-30. 2008..of micro-organisms including Haemophilus aphrophilus, Haemophilus paraphrophilus, Cardiobacterium hominis, Eikenella corrodens, Kingella kingae and Aggregatibacter (formerly: Actinobacillus) actinomycetemcomitans...
- Growth differences of Capnocytophaga canimorsus strains and some other fastidious organisms on various Columbia-based blood agar mediaH Dusch
Department of Medical Microbiology, , Switzerland
Zentralbl Bakteriol 282:362-6. 1995..Strains that grew better on either Difco or bioMÃ©rieux Columbia based blood agar plates were found among Eikenella corrodens, Haemophilus aphrophilus, Kingella kingae, Lactobacillus sp...
- Root canal microbiota of teeth with chronic apical periodontitisI N Rôças
Faculty of Dentistry, Estacio de Sa University, Rua Alfredo Baltazar da Silveira, 580 Cobertura, Recreio, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22790 701, Brazil
J Clin Microbiol 46:3599-606. 2008..The most prevalent taxa were Olsenella uli (74%), Eikenella corrodens (63%), Porphyromonas endodontalis (56%), Peptostreptococcus anaerobius (54%), and Bacteroidetes oral clone ..
- Clinical presentation and bacteriologic analysis of infected human bites in patients presenting to emergency departmentsDavid A Talan
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Medicine, Olive View University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center, Sylmar, California 91342, USA
Clin Infect Dis 37:1481-9. 2003..Isolates included Streptococcus anginosus (52%), Staphylococcus aureus (30%), Eikenella corrodens (30%), Fusobacterium nucleatum (32%), and Prevotella melaninogenica (22%). Candida species were found in 8%...
- The antimicrobial efficacy of commercial dentifricesViolet I Haraszthy
Restorative Dentistry, University at Buffalo, School of Dental Medicine, New York, USA
Gen Dent 58:50-5; quiz 56-7, 79-80. 2010..and Gram-negative bacteria (including the periodontal pathogens Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Eikenella corrodens, and Fusobacterium nucleatum)...
- Infection at titanium implants with or without a clinical diagnosis of inflammationStefan Renvert
Department of Health Sciences, Kristianstad University, Kristianstad, Sweden
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:509-16. 2007..To assess the microbiota at implants diagnosed with peri-implantitis, implant mucositis, or being clinically healthy...
- [Antibiotic therapy in odontogenic infections in children and adolescents: pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analysis]Arantxazu Isla
Laboratorio de Farmacia y Tecnología Farmacéutica, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 26:621-8. 2008..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of the most commonly used antimicrobial treatments in odontogenic infections in children and adolescents on the basis of pharmacokinetic/ pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) criteria...
- Periodontal Pathogens and Cardiovascular DiseaseKESAVALU NAIDU LAKSHMYYA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aggregator actinomycetemcomitans, Campylobacter rectus, Prevotella intermedia, Fusobacterium nucleatum, and Eikenella corrodens) in atherosclerotic lesions of aortic tissue, coronary vessels, and carotid artery...
- ANTIBIOTIC SUSCEPTIBILITIES OF PERIODONTAL BACTERIAClay Walker; Fiscal Year: 1993..B-lactamase enzymes produced by periodontal strains of Bacteroides intermedius and Eikenella corrodens will be characterized to determine if differences exist in the enzymes produced within the species and if ..
- DIABETES AND PERIODONTITIS MICROBIOLOGY AND IMMUNOLOGYJEROME HABER; Fiscal Year: 1990..Bacteroides, Capnocytophaga and Streptococcal species as well as Camphylobacter consisus, Eikenella corrodens, Fusobacterlum nucleatum and Wolinella recta...
- PILIN GENES OF EIKENELLA CORRODENSRona Hirschberg; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Eikenella corrodens is a gram-negative, facultative anaerobe which is associated with a variety of significant human infections, including periodontal diseases, endocarditis, and wound infections. An interesting characteristic of E...
- MOLECULAR GENETIC STUDIES OF EIKENELLA CORRODENSRona Hirschberg; Fiscal Year: 1990DESCRIPTION: (Adapted from applicant's abstract) The author proposes to study Eikenella corrodens, a bacterial pathogen associated with a variety of infections...
- MICROBIAL ASSOCIATIONS IN PERIODONTAL HEALTH AND DISEASEAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2006..These data will provide a basis for understanding microbial community structure, ecological relationships and define desired microbiological end-point of therapy. ..
- Three Periodontal Therapies in Current & Non-SmokersAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed investigation should provide a model to examine methods that could be useful in treating compromised patients whether compromised by harmful habits such as smoking, systemic disease, or genetic background. ..
- Identification of Uncultivated and Unrecognized Pathogens of PeriodontitisANNE DENISE HAFFAJEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The identification of such pathogens should, over time, lead to better diagnosis of disease, optimal treatment strategies for the individual patient, new therapeutic approaches and carefully targeted approaches to prevention. ..
- EFFECT OF ANTIBIOTICS ON ORAL BIOFILMS IN VIVOAnne Haffajee; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Expression in Chronic and Aggressive PeriodontitisPanos Papapanou; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, a pathobiology-based classification of periodontitis will facilitate correct diagnosis and targeted, efficient therapeutic prevention and intervention strategies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lysine decarboxylase in periodontitis patientsMartin Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Oral microbial associations in HIV+subjectsBRUCE PASTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies may provide insight for the identity of putative pathogens in comparable periodontal infections in HIV negative individuals. ..
- Biologic Basis of Refractory Periodontal DiseaseBRUCE PASTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Eliminating refractory disease would have an enormous impact on the total cost of delivering periodontal therapy. ..
- B FORSYTHUS PROTEASE AND SIALIDASE--GENES AND SUBSTRATESMARK MAIDEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding these mechanisms will be vital for developing improved preventative and therapeutic treatments for periodontal disease. ..