Genomes and Genes
Summary: A species of gram-negative, facultatively anaerobic, rod-shaped bacteria that may be pathogenic for frogs, fish, and mammals, including man. In humans, cellulitis and diarrhea can result from infection with this organism.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Chemotaxis towards, adhesion to, and growth in carp gut mucus of two Aeromonas hydrophila strains with different pathogenicity for common carp, Cyprinus carpio LM van der Marel
University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Fish Disease Research Unit, Hannover, Germany
J Fish Dis 31:321-30. 2008..colonization of the intestinal mucosal surface were examined in two strains of the common fish pathogen Aeromonas hydrophila, with different pathogenicity...
- Identification and characterization of putative virulence genes and gene clusters in Aeromonas hydrophila PPD134/91H B Yu
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543, Republic of Singapore
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:4469-77. 2005b>Aeromonas hydrophila is a gram-negative opportunistic pathogen of animals and humans. The pathogenesis of A. hydrophila is multifactorial...
- Surface-expressed enolase contributes to the pathogenesis of clinical isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophilaJian Sha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, USA
J Bacteriol 191:3095-107. 2009In this study, we demonstrated that the surface-expressed enolase from diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila bound to human plasminogen and facilitated the latter's tissue-type plasminogen activator-mediated activation to plasmin...
- Transcriptome and expression profiling analysis revealed changes of multiple signaling pathways involved in immunity in the large yellow croaker during Aeromonas hydrophila infectionYinnan Mu
Key Laboratory of Marine Biogenetic Resources, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration, Xiamen, China
BMC Genomics 11:506. 2010..fish in China suffering from severe outbreaks of infectious disease caused by marine bacteria such as Aeromonas hydrophila (A. hydrophila), resulting in great economic losses...
- A type VI secretion system effector protein, VgrG1, from Aeromonas hydrophila that induces host cell toxicity by ADP ribosylation of actinG Suarez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Bacteriol 192:155-68. 2010..importance of a type VI secretion system (T6SS) gene cluster in the virulence of diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila and showed that VasH, a sigma(54) activator and T6SS component, was involved in the production of its ..
- Structure of the O-polysaccharide of Aeromonas hydrophila O:34; a case of random O-acetylation of 6-deoxy-L-taloseYuriy A Knirel
N D Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Leninsky Prospekt 47, Moscow 119991, Russia
Carbohydr Res 337:1381-6. 2002The O-polysaccharide of Aeromonas hydrophila O:34 was obtained by mild-acid degradation of the lipopolysaccharide and studied by chemical methods and NMR spectroscopy before and after O-deacetylation...
- Identification of Aeromonas hydrophila cytotoxic enterotoxin-induced genes in macrophages using microarraysCristi L Galindo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555-1070, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40198-212. 2003A cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) of Aeromonas hydrophila possesses several biological activities, and it induces an inflammatory response in the host...
- The structure of the dizinc subclass B2 metallo-beta-lactamase CphA reveals that the second inhibitory zinc ion binds in the histidine siteCarine Bebrone
Centre for Protein Engineering, University of Liege, Allée du 6 Août B6, Sart Tilman, 4000 Liege, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:4464-71. 2009..the B1 and B3 metallo-beta-lactamases are most active as dizinc enzymes, subclass B2 enzymes, such as Aeromonas hydrophila CphA, are inhibited by the binding of a second zinc ion. We crystallized A...
- In vitro and in vivo activities of fluoroquinolones against Aeromonas hydrophilaWen-Chien Ko
Department of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2217-22. 2003b>Aeromonas hydrophila, an uncommon human pathogen, can cause invasive infections in immunocompromised individuals...
- Live recombinant Lactococcus lactis vaccine expressing aerolysin genes D1 and D4 for protection against Aeromonas hydrophila in tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus)K Anuradha
Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
J Appl Microbiol 109:1632-42. 2010To evaluate a live recombinant Lactococcus lactis vaccine expressing aerolysin genes D1 (Lac-D1ae) and/or D4 (Lac-D4ae) in protection against Aeromonas hydrophila in tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
- Structural studies on the R-type lipopolysaccharide of Aeromonas hydrophilaYuriy A Knirel
N D Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 119991, Russia
Carbohydr Res 339:787-93. 2004A rough strain of Aeromonas hydrophila, AH-901, has an R-type lipopolysaccharide with the complete core...
- A type III secretion system is required for Aeromonas hydrophila AH-1 pathogenesisH B Yu
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Infect Immun 72:1248-56. 2004b>Aeromonas hydrophila is a gram-negative opportunistic pathogen in fish and humans...
- The genome of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida A449: insights into the evolution of a fish pathogenMichael E Reith
NRC Institute for Marine Biosciences, 1411 Oxford Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 3Z1, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:427. 2008..salmonicida subsp. salmonicida causes disease in healthy fish. The genome sequence of A. salmonicida was determined to provide a better understanding of the virulence factors used by this pathogen to infect fish...
- Production of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine from alpha-chitin by crude enzymes from Aeromonas hydrophila H-2330Hitoshi Sashiwa
Green Biotechnology Research Group, The Special Division for Human Life Technology, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1-8-31 Midorigaoka, Ikeda, Osaka 563-8577, Japan
Carbohydr Res 337:761-3. 2002The selective and efficient production of N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (GlcNAc) was achieved from flake type of alpha-chitin by using crude enzymes derived from Aeromonas hydrophila H-2330.
- Early cell signaling by the cytotoxic enterotoxin of Aeromonas hydrophila in macrophagesD A Ribardo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-1070, USA
Microb Pathog 32:149-63. 2002A cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) of Aeromonas hydrophila is an important virulence factor with hemolytic, cytotoxic and enterotoxic activities...
- In vitro antimicrobial susceptibility of clinical isolates of Aeromonas caviae, Aeromonas hydrophila and Aeromonas veronii biotype sobriaJordi Vila
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:701-2. 2002
- Emerging extra-intestinal infections with Aeromonas hydrophila in coastal region of southern KarnatakaC Mukhopadhyay
Department of Microbiology, Kasturba Medical College, Manipal 576 104, Karnataka, India
J Postgrad Med 54:199-202. 2008..They have been occasionally reported as a cause of extra-intestinal infections such as cellulitis, cholangitis, necrotizing fascitis, meningitis, bacteremia, or peritonitis in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised patients...
- Expression of the ExeAB complex of Aeromonas hydrophila is required for the localization and assembly of the ExeD secretion port multimerVivian M Ast
Department of Biology, University of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Mol Microbiol 44:217-31. 2002b>Aeromonas hydrophila secretes protein toxins via the type II pathway, involving the products of at least two operons, exeAB (gspAB) and exeC-N (gspC-N). In the studies reported here, aerolysin secretion was restored to C5...
- Antibiotic resistance of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from marketed fish and prawn of South IndiaG Vivekanandhan
Department of Environmental Sciences, Bharathiar University, Tamil Nadu, India
Int J Food Microbiol 76:165-8. 2002A total of 319 strains of Aeromonas hydrophila were isolated from 536 fish and 278 prawns for a 2-year period...
- Childhood gastroenteritis due to Aeromonas hydrophila in Ibadan, NigeriaA O Kehinde
Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, College of Medicine, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Med Med Sci 30:345-6. 2001..where stools of 400 diarrhoeic children and 100 non-diarrhoeic children aged 0-5 years were screened for Aeromonas hydrophila and other enteric pathogens. Out of the 400 diarrhoeic stools only three (0...
- In vitro and in vivo combinations of cefotaxime and minocycline against Aeromonas hydrophilaW C Ko
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45:1281-3. 2001The activities of cefotaxime and minocycline against Aeromonas hydrophila were investigated. Cefotaxime (4 times the MIC) plus minocycline (0...
- Protonation state and substrate binding to B2 metallo-beta-lactamase CphA from Aeromonas hydrofilaF Simona
SISSA, Via Beirut 2 4, 34014 Grignano, Trieste, Italy
Proteins 69:595-605. 2007..In both cases, the substrate is polarized as in aqueous solution. We conclude that addressing mechanistic issues on this class of enzymes requires a careful procedure to assign protonation states and substrate docking modes...
- Aeromonas hydrophila AH-3 AexT is an ADP-ribosylating toxin secreted through the type III secretion systemSilvia Vilches
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Barcelona, Diagonal 645, Barcelona, Spain
Microb Pathog 44:1-12. 2008We cloned and sequenced an ADP-ribosylating toxin (AexT) from a mesophilic Aeromonas hydrophila strain AH-3 with a type III secretion system (T3SS). This toxin only showed homology, in genes and proteins, with the first half of A...
- An experimental vaccine against Aeromonas hydrophila can induce protection in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum)S E LaPatra
Clear Springs Foods, Inc, Buhl, ID 83316, USA
J Fish Dis 33:143-51. 2010A candidate vaccine against Aeromonas hydrophila in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, was developed using a bacterial lysate. To test the strength of protection, A...
- Effects of chelators (deferoxamine, deferiprone and deferasirox) on the growth of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from transfusion-dependent thalassemia patientsGodfrey Chi Fung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Hemoglobin 33:352-60. 2009..Therefore, we suggest that factors other than DFO may account for the increased prevalence of Klebsiella and Aeromonas infection in Asian thalassemic patients...
- Involvement of peroxinectin in the defence of red swamp crayfish Procambarus clarkii against pathogenic Aeromonas hydrophilaChaohua Dong
College of Life Science, Qingdao Agricultural University, 700 Changcheng Road, Qingdao 266109, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 30:1223-9. 2011..PCR revealed that mRNA expression of Pcpxin in hemocytes could be inhibited by challenge with heat-killed Aeromonas hydrophila, suggesting that Pcpxin was involved in immune responses to A. hydrophila...
- Interactions between peptidoglycan and the ExeAB complex during assembly of the type II secretin of Aeromonas hydrophilaS Peter Howard
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada S7N 5E5
Mol Microbiol 59:1062-72. 2006b>Aeromonas hydrophila transports extracellular protein toxins via the type II secretion system, an export mechanism comprised of numerous proteins that spans both the inner and outer membranes...
- Adjuvant effect of propolis on immunisation by inactivated Aeromonas hydrophila in carp (Carassius auratus gibelio)Wei-Hua Chu
No. 200, Xiaolingwei, Department of Bioengineering, College of Chemical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 21:113-7. 2006
- Production and efficacy of an Aeromonas hydrophila recombinant S-layer protein vaccine for fishSaravanane Poobalane
Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4LA, UK
Vaccine 28:3540-7. 2010A recombinant protein for the S-layer protein of Aeromonas hydrophila was produced and its ability to protect common carp Cyprinus carpio L. against six virulent isolates of A. hydrophila was assessed...
- Effect of Achyranthes aspera on the immunity and survival of Labeo rohita infected with Aeromonas hydrophilaY Vasudeva Rao
Aqua Research Lab, Department of Zoology, University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 20:263-73. 2006..0+/-0.4 g). After 2 weeks, the fish were immunized with heat-killed Aeromonas hydrophila, and after a further 2 weeks the rohu were experimentally infected with Aeromonas hydrophila (ATCC 49140)...
- Microarray and proteomics analyses of human intestinal epithelial cells treated with the Aeromonas hydrophila cytotoxic enterotoxinC L Galindo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Medical Research Building, 301 University Blvd, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-1070, USA
Infect Immun 73:2628-43. 2005..on RNA from human intestinal epithelial (HT-29) cells treated with the cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) of Aeromonas hydrophila to examine global cellular transcriptional responses...
- Pathogenic Aeromonas hydrophila serogroup O:14 and O:81 strains with an S layerConsuelo Esteve
Departamento de Microbiologia y Ecologia, Universidad de Valencia, E 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:5898-904. 2004Five autoagglutinating Aeromonas hydrophila isolates recovered from eels and humans were assigned to serogroups O:14 and O:81 of the Sakazaki and Shimada (National Institutes of Health) scheme...
- Microarray analysis of Aeromonas hydrophila cytotoxic enterotoxin-treated murine primary macrophagesC L Galindo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-1070, USA
Infect Immun 72:5439-45. 2004..murine peritoneal macrophages to examine cellular transcriptional responses to a cytotoxic enterotoxin of Aeromonas hydrophila. While 66% of altered genes were common to both primary macrophages and the murine macrophage cell line RAW ..
- Immune response of zebrafish (Danio rerio) against a newly isolated bacterial pathogen Aeromonas hydrophilaI Rodriguez
Instituto de Investigaciones Marinas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas CSIC, Vigo, Spain
Fish Shellfish Immunol 25:239-49. 2008A strain of Aeromonas hydrophila associated with unusual mortalities in zebrafish (Danio rerio) culture facilities was isolated, identified and characterized...
- Disruption of the polyhydroxyalkanoate synthase gene in Aeromonas hydrophila reduces its survival ability under stress conditionsYan Hong Zhao
Multidisciplinary Research Center, Shantou University, Shantou, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 276:34-41. 2007b>Aeromonas hydrophila 4AK4 produces PHBHHx copolyesters consisting of 3-hydroxybutyrate and 3-hydroxyhexanoate...
- In vivo transfer of plasmid pRAS1 between Aeromonas salmonicida and Aeromonas hydrophila in artificially infected Cyprinus carpio LJ M Bello-López
Department of Biochemistry, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, Instituto Politecnico Nacional, Prolongacion de Carpio y Plan de Ayala S N, Mexico City, Mexico
J Fish Dis 33:251-9. 2010..Implications of this plasmid transfer in natural settings and its possible consequences to human health are discussed...
- Effect of oral immunization with Aeromonas hydrophila ghosts on protection against experimental fish infectionF P Tu
Affiliated Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College, Nanchong, China
Lett Appl Microbiol 50:13-7. 2010To investigate whether oral immunization with Aeromonas hydrophila ghosts (AHG) vaccine can elicit mucosal and systemic immune responses of Carp (Carassius auratus gibelio) compared to conventional formalin-killed bacteria (FKC).
- Competitive inhibitors of the CphA metallo-beta-lactamase from Aeromonas hydrophilaL E Horsfall
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Universite de Liege, Allée de 6 Août B6, Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2136-42. 2007..Pyridine carboxylates appear to be useful templates for the development of more-complex, selective, nontoxic inhibitors of subclass B2 metallo-beta-lactamases...
- Common mechanistic features among metallo-beta-lactamases: a computational study of Aeromonas hydrophila CphA enzymeFabio Simona
Laboratory of Computational Chemistry and Biochemistry, Department fur Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Bern, Freiestrasse 3, CH 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 284:28164-71. 2009..Recent x-ray studies on a member of the mono-zinc B2 MbetaLs, CphA from Aeromonas hydrophila, have paved the way to mechanistic studies of this important subclass, which is selective for carbapenems...
- Aeromonas hydrophila exotoxin induces cytoplasmic vacuolation and cell death in VERO cellsAngela Di Pietro
Department of Hygiene, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, University of Messina, Italy
New Microbiol 28:251-9. 2005..Moreover, the observed doubling cells with necrotic features permit us to suppose that cell sensitivity and death pattern could change during the different phases of cellular cycle...
- [Properties of a triphenylmethane dyes decolorization enzyme TpmD from Aeromonas hydrophila strain DN322]Sui Zhou Ren
Guangdong Institute of Microbiology, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Microbial Culture Collection and Application, Guangzhou 510070, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:385-9. 2006A novel bacterial decolorization enzyme for triphenylmethane dyes from Aeromonas hydrophila strain DN322 was purified, named TpmD. The purified enzyme catalyzes the decolorization of several triphenylmethane dyes, i.e...
- Aeromonas hydrophila cytotoxic enterotoxin activates mitogen-activated protein kinases and induces apoptosis in murine macrophages and human intestinal epithelial cellsCristi L Galindo
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555-1070, USA
J Biol Chem 279:37597-612. 2004A cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) of Aeromonas hydrophila possesses several biological activities, induces an inflammatory response in the host, and causes apoptosis of murine macrophages...
- Cloning, expression, and characterization of a chitinase from the chitinolytic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila strain SUWA-9Xiqian Lan
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 70:2437-42. 2006The chitinolytic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila strain SUWA-9, which was isolated from freshwater in Lake Suwa (Nagano Prefecture, Japan), produced several kinds of chitin-degrading enzymes...
- Mapping of the chaperone AcrH binding regions of translocators AopB and AopD and characterization of oligomeric and metastable AcrH-AopB-AopD complexes in the type III secretion system of Aeromonas hydrophilaYih Wan Tan
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543, Singapore
Protein Sci 18:1724-34. 2009In the type III secretion system (T3SS) of Aeromonas hydrophila, AcrH acts as a chaperone for translocators AopB and AopD...
- Differential expression of the enolase gene under in vivo versus in vitro growth conditions of Aeromonas hydrophilaJian Sha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, 301 University Blvd, Medical Research Building, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555-1070, USA
Microb Pathog 34:195-204. 2003b>Aeromonas hydrophila is an emerging human pathogen that leads to gastroenteritis and other invasive diseases...
- In vivo humoral and cellular reactions, and fate of injected bacteria Aeromonas hydrophila in freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiP K Sahoo
Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Aquatic Animal Health Division, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar 751002, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 23:327-40. 2007Live non-opsonized and opsonized Aeromonas hydrophila were injected into juveniles of freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii to study the cells involved in phagocytosis, distribution of bacteria, cellular reactions and clearance of ..
- Molecular characterization of a glucose-inhibited division gene, gidA, that regulates cytotoxic enterotoxin of Aeromonas hydrophilaJian Sha
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555-1070, USA
Infect Immun 72:1084-95. 2004By using a mini-transposon, we obtained two mutated strains of a diarrheal isolate, SSU, of Aeromonas hydrophila that exhibited a 50 to 53% reduction in the hemolytic activity and 83 to 87% less cytotoxic activity associated with the ..
- Studies on synonymous codon and amino acid usages in Aeromonas hydrophila phage Aeh1: architecture of protein-coding genes and therapeutic implicationsKeya Sau
Department of Biotechnology, Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia, India
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 40:24-33. 2007..To understand the architecture of protein-coding genes of Aeromonas phages, codon and amino acid usage biases have been investigated in the protein-coding genes of the Aeromonas hydrophila phage Aeh1.
- Characterization of extracellular proteins produced by Aeromonas hydrophila AH-1Hong Bing Yu
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Proteomics 7:436-49. 2007b>Aeromonas hydrophila is a ubiquitous Gram-negative bacterium which can cause motile aeromonad septicemia in both fish and humans. A...
- Pathogenic potential of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from surface waters in Kolkata, IndiaPoulami Bhowmik
Department of Biochemistry, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata 700 019, India
J Med Microbiol 58:1549-58. 2009..In the present study, putative virulence traits of Aeromonas hydrophila isolates collected from different natural surface waters of Kolkata, India, were compared with a group of ..
- Metabolic engineering for microbial production of polyhydroxyalkanoates consisting of high 3-hydroxyhexanoate content by recombinant Aeromonas hydrophilaJia Jian
Department of Biology, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Bioresour Technol 101:6096-102. 2010Polyhydroxyalkanoate synthase gene phaC(ah) in Aeromonas hydrophila strain 4AK4 was deleted and its function was replaced by phaC1(ps) cloned from Pseudomonas stutzeri strain 1317 which favors 3-hydroxyhexanoate (3HHx) and longer chain ..
- Morphological changes of Aeromonas hydrophila in response to osmotic stressA Pianetti
Dip di Scienze Biomolecolari, Universita degli Studi di Urbino Carlo Bo, Italy
Micron 40:426-33. 2009..The aim of this study was the analysis of the ultrastructural changes in Aeromonas hydrophila exposed to different NaCl concentrations (1.7%, 3.4%, 6%) at 4 and 24 degrees C for 188 days...
- Rapid Aeromonas hydrophila identification by TaqMan PCR assay: comparison with a phenotypic methodF Trakhna
LaSalle Beauvais Polytechnic Institute, Beauvais, France
Lett Appl Microbiol 49:186-90. 2009b>Aeromonas hydrophila is recognized as a human pathogen following wound exposure or ingestion of contaminated water and food. For rapid identification of this bacterium, a TaqMan-based real-time PCR assay has been developed.
- High yield expression of an AHL-lactonase from Bacillus sp. B546 in Pichia pastoris and its application to reduce Aeromonas hydrophila mortality in aquacultureRuidong Chen
Key Laboratory for Feed Biotechnology of the Ministry of Agriculture, Feed Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing 100081, PR China
Microb Cell Fact 9:39. 2010b>Aeromonas hydrophila is a serious pathogen and can cause hemorrhagic septicemia in fish...
- Parasitic growth of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in co-culture with the chitinolytic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophilaNina Jagmann
Universitat Konstanz, Fachbereich Biologie, Mikrobielle Okologie, Fach M654, 78457 Konstanz, Germany
Environ Microbiol 12:1787-802. 2010..This scenario was investigated with a co-culture of Aeromonas hydrophila and Pseudomonas aeruginosa with chitin as carbon, nitrogen and energy source. In single cultures, A...
- Aeromonas hydrophila folliculitis associated with an inflatable swimming pool: mimicking Pseudomonas aeruginosa infectionMarc Julià Manresa
Department of Dermatology, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Spain
Pediatr Dermatol 26:601-3. 2009..However, Aeromonas folliculitis has been rarely reported. We report the first two pediatric cases of Aeromonas hydrophila folliculitis associated with the use of recreational water facilities that clinically and epidemiologically ..
- Biosynthesis and characterization of 3-hydroxyalkanoate terpolyesters with adjustable properties by Aeromonas hydrophilaHai Feng Zhang
Multidisciplinary Research Center, Shantou University, Shantou 515063, Guangdong, China
Biotechnol Bioeng 104:582-9. 2009..3-hydroxybutyrate (3HB), 3-hydroxyvalerate (3HV), and 3-hydroxyhexanoate (3HHx) were produced by wild-type Aeromonas hydrophila 4AK4, its recombinant harboring PHA synthesis genes phaPCJ encoding PHA binding protein phasin, PHA ..
- The regulation of biofilm development by quorum sensing in Aeromonas hydrophilaMartin J Lynch
Institute of Infections and Immunity, University of Nottingham, Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Environ Microbiol 4:18-28. 2002b>Aeromonas hydrophila is an opportunistic Gram-negative pathogen that readily attaches to stainless steel to produce a thin biofilm with a complex 3D structure covering 40-50% of the available surface and producing large microcolonies...
- Alternative host model to evaluate Aeromonas virulenceRomain Froquet
Universite de Geneve, Centre Medical Universitaire, Département de Physiologie et Métabolisme Cellulaire, 1 rue Michel Servet, CH 1211 Geneve 4, Switzerland
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5657-9. 2007..Here, we present a new simple assay to evaluate Aeromonas virulence, making use of Dictyostelium amoebae as an alternative host model. This assay can be modulated to assess virulence of very different Aeromonas species...
- Complete type III secretion system of a mesophilic Aeromonas hydrophila strainSilvia Vilches
, , Universidad de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:6914-9. 2004..of a functional type III secretion system (TTSS) in a mesophilic Aeromonas strain by initially using the Aeromonas hydrophila strain AH-3...
- Resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics in Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)Maria José Saavedra
Department of Veterinary Sciences, CECAV University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Vila Real, Portugal
Int Microbiol 7:207-11. 2004..Unexpected resistance to imipenem, an antibiotic of clinical usage, was also detected, which suggests that resistance may have been transferred to the Aeromonas population from the environment...
- Isolation and characterization of a second exe operon required for extracellular protein secretion in Aeromonas hydrophilaR Jahagirdar
University of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Bacteriol 176:6819-26. 1994Strain C5.84 is a Tn5-751 insertion mutant of Aeromonas hydrophila which is unable to secrete extracellular proteins, instead accumulating them in the periplasm (B. Jiang and S.P. Howard, J. Bacteriol. 173:1241-1249, 1991). A 3...
- A differential proteomics study of Caenorhabditis elegans infected with Aeromonas hydrophilaAnnelies Bogaerts
Research Group of Functional Genomics and Proteomics, K U Leuven, Naamsestraat 59, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Dev Comp Immunol 34:690-8. 2010..proteins that are differentially synthesised in the worm after infection with the gram-negative bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila. Given the dynamic nature of an immune response, the proteome of C...
- Quorum sensing regulation in Aeromonas hydrophilaChristian Garde
Elektro, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Mol Biol 396:849-57. 2010..on the C4-HSL-mediated quorum sensing (QS) regulatory system of the opportunistic Gram-negative bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila. This bacterium contains a particularly simple QS system that allows for a detailed modeling of kinetics...
- Genetic variations in Aeromonas hydrophila isolates from clinical and environmental sources in ThailandS Korbsrisate
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 38:721-7. 2007b>Aeromonas hydrophila, a widely distributed human pathogen causing a variety of diseases, can be isolated from clinical and environmental sources...
- Molecular cloning and functional analysis of two polyhydroxyalkanoate synthases from two strains of Aeromonas hydrophila sppXiaoyun Lu
Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 243:149-55. 2005Polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA) synthase genes (phaC) were cloned from two Aeromonas hydrophila strains named WQ and 4AK5, respectively...
- Novel bromotyrosine derivatives that inhibit growth of the fish pathogenic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila, from a marine sponge Hexadella spShigeki Matsunaga
Laboratory of Aquatic Natural Products Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
J Org Chem 70:1893-6. 2005..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectral and chemical methods. They exhibited moderate antibacterial activity against the fish pathogenic bacterium Aeromonas hydrophila.
- Molecular analysis of three Aeromonas hydrophila AH-3 (serotype O34) lipopolysaccharide core biosynthesis gene clustersNatalia Jimenez
Departamento Microbiologia, Facultad Biologia, Universidad Barcelona, Diagonal 645, 08071 Barcelona, Spain
J Bacteriol 190:3176-84. 2008By the isolation of three different Aeromonas hydrophila strain AH-3 (serotype O34) mutants with an altered lipopolysaccharide (LPS) migration in gels, three genomic regions encompassing LPS core biosynthesis genes were identified and ..
- Unraveling the mechanism of action of a new type III secretion system effector AexU from Aeromonas hydrophilaJohanna C Sierra
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, UTMB, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
Microb Pathog 49:122-34. 2010We recently characterized a T3SS effector, AexU, from a diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila, which exhibited ADP-ribosyltransferase (ADPRT) activity...
- The type III secretion system and cytotoxic enterotoxin alter the virulence of Aeromonas hydrophilaJian Sha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Medical School Branch, Galveston, 77555-1070, USA
Infect Immun 73:6446-57. 2005..Here we report the characterization of a TTSS chromosomal operon from the diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila. We deleted the gene encoding Aeromonas outer membrane protein B (AopB), which is predicted to be involved ..
- Purification and characterization of the N-terminal domain of ExeA: a novel ATPase involved in the type II secretion pathway of Aeromonas hydrophilaIan C Schoenhofen
National Research Council of Canada, Institute for Biological Sciences, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Bacteriol 187:6370-8. 2005b>Aeromonas hydrophila secretes a number of degradative enzymes and toxins into the external milieu via the type II secretory pathway or secreton...
- Cold shock exoribonuclease R (VacB) is involved in Aeromonas hydrophila pathogenesisTatiana E Erova
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
J Bacteriol 190:3467-74. 2008In this study, we cloned and sequenced a virulence-associated gene (vacB) from a clinical isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila. We identified this gene based on our recently annotated genome sequence of the environmental isolate ATCC 7966(..
- The Aeromonas hydrophila wb*O34 gene cluster: genetics and temperature regulationNatalia Jimenez
Departamento Microbiologia, Facultad Biologia, Universidad Barcelona, Diagonal 645, 08071 Barcelona Spain
J Bacteriol 190:4198-209. 2008The Aeromonas hydrophila wb*(O34) gene cluster of strain AH-3 (serotype O34) was cloned and sequenced. This cluster contains genes necessary for the production of O34-antigen lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in A. hydrophila...
- Genome sequence of Aeromonas hydrophila ATCC 7966T: jack of all tradesRekha Seshadri
The Institute for Genomic Research, Division of J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
J Bacteriol 188:8272-82. 2006The complete genome of Aeromonas hydrophila ATCC 7966(T) was sequenced...
- Antibacterial effect of Cu2+-exchanged montmorillonite on Aeromonas hydrophila and discussion on its mechanismC H Hu
Feed Science Institute, Animal Science College, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Vet Microbiol 109:83-8. 2005..MMT) and its Cu2+-exchanged montmorillonite (Cu-MMT) were used to study the antibacterial activity on Aeromonas hydrophila. The results indicated that MMT had no antibacterial activity...
- Detection of type III secretion system genes in Aeromonas hydrophila and their relationship with virulence in Nile tilapiaG A Carvalho-Castro
AQUAVET, Laboratory of Aquatic Animal Diseases, Department of Veterinary Medicine, Federal University of Lavras, Lavras MG 37200 000, Brazil
Vet Microbiol 144:371-6. 2010..ascV and aopB genes from the type III secretion system (T3SS), to evaluate the frequency of these genes in Aeromonas hydrophila strains isolated from diseased fish and from aquaculture environments, and to determine the relationship ..
- Analysis of the lateral flagellar gene system of Aeromonas hydrophila AH-3Rocio Canals
Departamento Microbiologia, Facultad Biologia, Universidad Barcelona, Diagonal 645, 08071 Barcelona, Spain
J Bacteriol 188:852-62. 2006..Here we characterized the complete lateral flagellar gene cluster of Aeromonas hydrophila AH-3 containing 38 genes, 9 of which (lafA-U) have been reported previously...
- Phenoloxidase is an important component of the defense against Aeromonas hydrophila Infection in a crustacean, Pacifastacus leniusculusHaipeng Liu
Department of Comparative Physiology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 282:33593-8. 2007..activity and melanization are important for the immune defense toward a highly pathogenic bacterium, Aeromonas hydrophila, in the freshwater crayfish, Pacifastacus leniusculus...
- Molecular characterization of a functional type VI secretion system from a clinical isolate of Aeromonas hydrophilaGiovanni Suarez
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 775551070, USA
Microb Pathog 44:344-61. 2008..cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) and the T3SS-secreted AexU effector from a diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila. The role of these toxin proteins in the pathogenesis of A...
- Mutation in the S-ribosylhomocysteinase (luxS) gene involved in quorum sensing affects biofilm formation and virulence in a clinical isolate of Aeromonas hydrophilaElena V Kozlova
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Microb Pathog 45:343-54. 2008A diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila produces a cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) with cytotoxic, enterotoxic, and hemolytic activities...
- Bacteriocin-like substance (BLS) production in Aeromonas hydrophila water isolatesPatrizia Messi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio E, Via Campi 287, 41100 Modena, Italy
FEMS Microbiol Lett 220:121-5. 200330 Aeromonas hydrophila water isolates were tested for bacteriocin-like substance (BLS) production using a target panel of closely related microorganisms and other Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, including food-borne pathogens...
- The impact of mutations in the quorum sensing systems of Aeromonas hydrophila, Vibrio anguillarum and Vibrio harveyi on their virulence towards gnotobiotically cultured Artemia franciscanaTom Defoirdt
Laboratory of Microbial Ecology and Technology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Environ Microbiol 7:1239-47. 2005..franciscana was developed in order to determine the impact of mutations in the quorum sensing systems of Aeromonas hydrophila, Vibrio anguillarum and V. harveyi on their virulence...
- Quorum-sensing-dependent switch to butanediol fermentation prevents lethal medium acidification in Aeromonas hydrophila AH-1NRob Van Houdt
Center for Food and Microbial Technology, Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 22, B 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Res Microbiol 158:379-85. 2007b>Aeromonas hydrophila AH-1N shows biphasic growth in glucose containing broth at 30 degrees C. The first phase is characterized by strong acidification, while the second phase is accompanied by an increase in medium pH...
- The occurrence of cytotoxic Aeromonas hydrophila strains in Italian mineral and thermal watersD Biscardi
Department of Life Science, 2nd University of Naples, Caserta, Italy
Sci Total Environ 292:255-63. 2002..In the present study, strains of Aeromonas hydrophila, from 61 samples of bottled mineral waters and 23 thermal Italian sources have been isolated and identified ..
- Detection of Aeromonas hydrophila in a drinking-water distribution system: a field and pilot studyC Chauret
Indiana University Kokomo, Biological and Physical Sciences Unit, 46904 9003, USA
Can J Microbiol 47:782-6. 2001A 16-month study was conducted on the presence of Aeromonas hydrophila in drinking water in Indiana, U.S.A...
- Structure of AscE and induced burial regions in AscE and AscG upon formation of the chaperone needle-subunit complex of type III secretion system in Aeromonas hydrophilaYih Wan Tan
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117543
Protein Sci 17:1748-60. 2008In the type III secretion system (T3SS) of Aeromonas hydrophila, the putative needle complex subunit AscF requires both putative chaperones AscE and AscG for formation of a ternary complex to avoid premature assembly...
- Biological characterization of a new type III secretion system effector from a clinical isolate of Aeromonas hydrophila-part IIJohanna C Sierra
Department of Microbiology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1070, USA
Microb Pathog 43:147-60. 2007..identified a novel type III secretion system (T3SS) effector, AexU, from a diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila, and demonstrated that mice infected with the DeltaaexU mutant were significantly protected from mortality...
- Role of various enterotoxins in Aeromonas hydrophila-induced gastroenteritis: generation of enterotoxin gene-deficient mutants and evaluation of their enterotoxic activityJian Sha
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555-1070, USA
Infect Immun 70:1924-35. 2002Three enterotoxins from the Aeromonas hydrophila diarrheal isolate SSU have been molecularly characterized in our laboratory...
- Family association between immune parameters and resistance to Aeromonas hydrophila infection in the Indian major carp, Labeo rohitaP K Sahoo
Aquatic Animal Health Division, Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar 751 002, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 25:163-9. 2008..Survival rates were also available from Aeromonas hydrophila infection (aeromoniasis) recorded in controlled challenge tests on a different sample of individuals from ..
- The cell division genes (ftsE and X) of Aeromonas hydrophila and their relationship with opsonophagocytosisS Merino
, , Universidad de Barcelona, Spain
FEMS Microbiol Lett 198:183-8. 2001A transposon mutant from Aeromonas hydrophila AH-3 was obtained which was highly resistant to opsonophagocytosis. The mutation was identified in the ftsE gene and we characterised the operon ftsY, E and X from this bacterium...
- [A case of endogenous Aeromonas hydrophila endophthalmitis]Tomonori Tamura
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6-20-2 Shinkawa, Mitaka 181-8611, Japan
Nippon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 107:535-7. 2003BACKGROUND: Aeromonas hydrophila(A. hydrophila) may cause septicemia in immunocompromised hosts, but endophthalmitis due to this agent is quite rare. To our knowledge, there have been no reports of A. hydrophila endophthalmitis in Japan...
- Identification of a new hemolysin from diarrheal isolate SSU of Aeromonas hydrophilaTatiana E Erova
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 275:301-11. 2007A clinical strain SSU of Aeromonas hydrophila produces a potent cytotoxic enterotoxin (Act) with cytotoxic, enterotoxic, and hemolytic activities...
- Role of the 'cre/blr-tag' DNA sequence in regulation of gene expression by the Aeromonas hydrophila beta-lactamase regulator, BlrAMatthew B Avison
Bristol Centre for Antimicrobial Research and Evaluation, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Antimicrob Chemother 53:197-202. 2004To further understand the mechanisms used to regulate expression of the blr regulon of Aeromonas hydrophila T429125, including three unlinked beta-lactamase genes, ampH, cepH and imiH, and to examine the role of the 'cre/blr-tag' DNA ..
- Sequence analysis of amplified DNA fragments containing the region encoding the putative lipase substrate-binding domain and genotyping of Aeromonas hydrophilaNoboru Watanabe
Department of Microbiology, Kyorin University School of Health Sciences, Tokyo 192 8508, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:145-51. 2004DNA fragments were amplified by PCR from all tested strains of Aeromonas hydrophila, A. caviae, and A...
- Serum antibody response of Indian major carp, Labeo rohita to three species of pathogenic bacteria; Aeromonas hydrophila, Edwardsiella tarda and Pseudomonas fluorescensP Swain
Fish Health Management Division, Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Kausalyaganga 751002, Bhubaneswar, India
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 117:137-41. 2007The immune response to mixed whole cell antigens of Aeromonas hydrophila, Edwardsiella tarda and Pseudomonas fluorescens, the common Gram negative bacterial pathogens associated with diseases of Indian major carps were evaluated for their ..
- Mesophilic Aeromonas UDP-glucose pyrophosphorylase (GalU) mutants show two types of lipopolysaccharide structures and reduced virulenceSilvia Vilches
Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Barcelona, Diagonal 645, 08071 Barcelona, Spain
Microbiology 153:2393-404. 2007A mutation in galU that causes the lack of O34-antigen lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in Aeromonas hydrophila strain AH-3 was identified. It was proved that A...
- Oral administration of Eclipta alba leaf aqueous extract enhances the non-specific immune responses and disease resistance of Oreochromis mossambicusD Christybapita
Centre for Fish Immunology, PG Department of Zoology and Biotechnology, Lady Doak College, Madurai, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 23:840-52. 2007..content, production of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species) responses and disease resistance against Aeromonas hydrophila were determined. The results indicated that E...
- Adjuvant and immunostimulatory effects of beta-glucan administration in combination with lipopolysaccharide enhances survival and some immune parameters in carp challenged with Aeromonas hydrophilaV Selvaraj
Spic Research and Development, Spic Limited, Tuticorin 628005, Tamil Nadu, India
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 114:15-24. 2006..on survival and immune response were studied in Cyprinus carpio that were challenged with the pathogen Aeromonas hydrophila. beta-Glucan from Saccharomyces cervisiae and LPS from a virulent strain of A...
- Dietary immunostimulants influence specific immune response and resistance of healthy and immunocompromised Asian catfish Clarias batrachus to Aeromonas hydrophila infectionJaya Kumari
Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Kausalyaganga, Bhubaneswar 751 002, India
Dis Aquat Organ 70:63-70. 2006..On the first day of the experiment, the fish were vaccinated against a formalin-killed Aeromonas hydrophila bacterin...
- [Factors of virulence associated with enteropathogenicity in strains of Aeromonas spp. isolated from children with diarrhea in Mérida, Venezuela]Aurora Longa
Universidad de Los Andes, Merida, Venezuela
Rev Cubana Med Trop 57:85-91. 2005..Of the isolated species, Aeromonas caviae was the most frequently identified. All these results suggest that the Aeromonas species are potential enteric pathogens in this population...
- An attenuated plasmid-cured strain of Aeromonas hydrophila elicits protective immunity in Clarias batrachus LTanmay Majumdar
Immunobiology Laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Visva Bharati University, Santiniketan, West Bengal 731 235, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 23:222-30. 2007Wild type Aeromonas hydrophila (Strain AO1) isolated from the lesions of ulcerative disease syndrome (UDS) affected fish bears a 21 kb virulence plasmid...
- COORDINATION CHEMISTRY OF MICROBIAL IRON TRANSPORTKenneth Raymond; Fiscal Year: 2007..iron transport is a completely different kind of transport system first observed by this research group in Aeromonas hydrophila. A search will be made to characterize how widely spread this transport system is and further studies of ..
- Salmonella polymicrobial interactionsBRIAN M AHMER; Fiscal Year: 2010..To date, we have determined that Salmonella can detect Aeromonas hydrophila in turtles and Yersinia enterocolitica in mice and pigs...
- CYTOLYTIC ENTEROTOXIN OF AEROMONAS HYDROPHILAASHOK CHOPRA; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, the investigators propose to study the mechanism of action of the toxin by probing the mechanism of cell damage and by examining the toxin receptor on the cell surface. ..
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION OF AN ION MOTIVE ATPASEDOMENICO GATTI; Fiscal Year: 2001..Analysis of the similarities and differences between these two enzymes will further our understanding of how ions are transported across biological membranes. ..
- Structure, mechanism and evolution of KDO8P synthaseDOMENICO GATTI; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..