Summary: A family of gram-negative facultatively anaerobic bacteria, ubiquitous in fresh and brackish water, and associated with GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES.
- Oceanisphaera donghaensis sp. nov., a halophilic bacterium from the East Sea, KoreaSoo Je Park
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research Institute, Chungbuk National University, 12 Gaeshin dong Cheongju 361 763, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:895-8. 2006..litoralis KMM 3654T. On the basis of polyphasic evidence, it is proposed that strain BL1T (=KCTC 12522T = DSM 17589T) represents the type strain of a novel species, Oceanisphaera donghaensis sp. nov...
- Combined solvent and water activity stresses on turgor regulation and membrane adaptation in Oceanimonas baumannii ATCC 700832Geoffrey R Brown
The School of Sciences, University of Sunderland, Sunderland SR1 3SD, UK
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 83:275-83. 2003..The ratio of saturated to unsaturated fatty acids increased significantly in all salinities compared to cultures grown with 4 mM phenol...
- Anaerobic consumers of monosaccharides in a moderately acidic fenAlexandra Hamberger
Department of Ecological Microbiology, University of Bayreuth, 95445 Bayreuth, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3112-20. 2008..Organisms of the families Acidaminococcaceae, Aeromonadaceae, Clostridiaceae, Enterobacteriaceae, and Pseudomonadaceae and the order Actinomycetales, including hitherto ..
- [The importance of aeromonads as a human pathogen]R P Pund
Bundesinstitut für Risikobewertung, Berlin, BRD
Bundesgesundheitsblatt Gesundheitsforschung Gesundheitsschutz 51:569-76. 2008The genus Aeromonas belongs to the family Aeromonadaceae of the order Aeromonadales and consists of 14 phenospecies and 17 genomospecies. They are gram-negative, oxidase-positive, facultatively anaerobic and glucose-fermenting rods...
- Identification of novel denitrifying bacteria Stenotrophomonas sp. ZZ15 and Oceanimonas sp. YC13 and application for removal of nitrate from industrial wastewaterLu Yu
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, People s Republic of China
Biodegradation 20:391-400. 2009..Therefore, this study provides valuable denitrifying bacteria in biotreatment of industrial wastewater and other environmental pollution caused by NO(3) (-)/NO(2) (-)...
- Zobellella denitrificans strain MW1, a newly isolated bacterium suitable for poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) production from glycerolM H A Ibrahim
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 108:214-25. 2010..To search for new bacteria for efficient production of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs) from glycerol...
- Poly(3-hydroxybutyrate) production from glycerol by Zobellella denitrificans MW1 via high-cell-density fed-batch fermentation and simplified solvent extractionMohammad H A Ibrahim
Institut fur Molekulare Mikrobiologie und Biotechnologie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:6222-31. 2009..Maximum PHB recovery (85.0% +/- 0.10% [wt/wt]) was reached after 72 h of extraction with chloroform at 30 degrees C, with a polymer purity of 98.3% +/- 1.3%...
- Pathogenic potential of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from surface waters in Kolkata, IndiaPoulami Bhowmik
Department of Biochemistry, University of Calcutta, 35 Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata 700 019, India
J Med Microbiol 58:1549-58. 2009Members of the genus Aeromonas (family Aeromonadaceae) are medically important, Gram-negative, rod-shaped micro-organisms and are ubiquitous in aquatic environments...
- Plasmid-mediated QnrS2 determinant in an Aeromonas caviae isolate recovered from a patient with diarrhoeaA Arias
Department of Microbiology, Hospital Clinico Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 16:1005-7. 2010..This emphasizes the importance of monitoring the emergence of these determinants as well as their dissemination among the Aeromonadaceae.
- Tolumonas osonensis sp. nov., isolated from anoxic freshwater sediment, and emended description of the genus TolumonasMatthew E Caldwell
Department of Botany and Microbiology, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 61:2659-63. 2011..2 % similarity) within the family Aeromonadaceae of the Gammaproteobacteria...
- Genome-level homology and phylogeny of Shewanella (Gammaproteobacteria: lteromonadales: Shewanellaceae)Rebecca B Dikow
Committee on Evolutionary Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
BMC Genomics 12:237. 2011..as well as three outgroup species representing the genera Aeromonas (Gammaproteobacteria: Aeromonadales: Aeromonadaceae), Alteromonas (Gammaproteobacteria: Alteromonadales: Alteromonadaceae) and Colwellia (Gammaproteobacteria: ..
- Transferable, multiple antibiotic and mercury resistance in Atlantic Canadian isolates of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida is associated with carriage of an IncA/C plasmid similar to the Salmonella enterica plasmid pSN254Douglas McIntosh
Research and Productivity Council, 921 College Hill Road, Fredericton, NB, Canada E3B 6Z9
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:1221-8. 2008..The aim of this study was to examine the molecular basis for multiple antibiotic and mercury resistance in Canadian isolates of Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida...
- Detection of the causative agent of furunculusis, Aeromonas salmonicida in salmonids of the Krka RiverD Kapetanovic
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Division for Marine and Enviromental Research, Laboratory for Aquaculture, Bijenicka 54, 10 000 Zagreb, Croatia
Vet Res Commun 32:131-5. 2008..Diversity analysis demonstrated that majority of the recovered bacteria were related to Aeromonadaceae group. Bacterial analysis also revealed the presence of Shigella spp. and Pseudomonas fluorescens...
- Microbial diversity of intestinal contents and mucus in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss)D H Kim
School of Life Sciences, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK
J Appl Microbiol 102:1654-64. 2007..The aim of this study was to understand the microbial community of intestinal contents and mucosal layer in the intestine of rainbow trout by means of culture-dependent conventional and independent molecular techniques...
- Prevalence & distribution of aeromonads in different chlorinated water samplesAnjana Sharma
Bacteriology Lab, Department of Bioscience, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, M P 482 001
Indian J Environ Health 44:314-9. 2002..Out of which powdered forms were found to be more effective. Although chlorination reduced the density of aeromonads to some extent but still its presence cannot be behold...
- Oceanisphaera litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel halophilic bacterium from marine bottom sedimentsL A Romanenko
Pacific Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Far Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, 690022 Vladivostok, Prospekt 100 Let Vladivostoku, 159, Russia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1885-8. 2003..On the basis of phenotypic and phylogenetic evidence, Oceanisphaera litoralis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed, with the type strain KMM 3654(T) (=DSM 15406(T))...
- Anaerobiospirillum succiniciproducens phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase: mutagenesis at metal site 2Ana María Jabalquinto
Departamento de Ciencias Quimicas, Facultad de Quimica y Biologia, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Protein Chem 22:515-9. 2003....
- Identification of indole-3-acetic acid producing freshwater wetland rhizosphere bacteria associated with Juncus effusus LLidija Halda-Alija
Department of Biology, The University of Mississippi, 508 Shoemaker Hall, University, MS 38677, USA
Can J Microbiol 49:781-7. 2003..are representatives of several families, including the Enterobacteriaceae, Pseudomonadaceae, Aeromonadaceae, Burkholderiaceae, and Bacillaceae...
- Oceanimonas smirnovii sp. nov., a novel organism isolated from the Black SeaElena P Ivanova
Swinburne University of Technology, P O Box 218, Hawthorn, Vic 3122, Australia
Syst Appl Microbiol 28:131-6. 2005..nov. is proposed. The type strain is 31-13T (UCM B-11076T = LMG 22147T = ATCC BAA-899T)...
- Biofilms in an urban water distribution system: measurement of biofilm biomass, pathogens and pathogen persistence within the Greater Stockholm Area, SwedenJ Långmark
Department of Parasitology, Mycology and Water Microbiology, Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Solna, Sweden
Water Sci Technol 52:181-9. 2005..Results from this investigation may provide information for water treatment and distribution management strategies, and fill key data gaps that presently hinder the refinement of microbial risk models...
- Zobellella denitrificans gen. nov., sp. nov. and Zobellella taiwanensis sp. nov., denitrifying bacteria capable of fermentative metabolismYu Te Lin
Institute of Oceanography, National Taiwan University, Taipei
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1209-15. 2006..nov., with Zobellella denitrificans sp. nov. (type strain ZD1(T) = BCRC 17493(T) = JCM 13380(T)) as the type species and Zobellella taiwanensis sp. nov. (type strain ZT1(T) = BCRC 17494(T) = JCM 13381(T)) as a second species...
- The recently proposed species Aeromonas sharmana sp. nov., isolate GPTSA-6T, is not a member of the genus AeromonasAntonio J Martinez-Murcia
Molecular Diagnostics Center, Biomolecular Technologies SL, and Miguel Hernández University, Orihuela, Alicante, Spain
Int Microbiol 10:61-4. 2007..does not belong to the genus Aeromonas as known to date, although it falls within the radiation of the family Aeromonadaceae. Emendation from the List of Prokaryotic Names with Standing in Nomenclature is consequently proposed.
- Novel [NiFe]- and [FeFe]-hydrogenase gene transcripts indicative of active facultative aerobes and obligate anaerobes in earthworm gut contentsOliver Schmidt
Department of Ecological Microbiology, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:5842-50. 2011..NiFe]-hydrogenase gene transcripts, 79% and 21% were affiliated with organisms in the Enterobacteriaceae and Aeromonadaceae, respectively...