Genomes and Genes
Summary: A gram-positive organism found in dairy products, fresh and salt water, marine organisms, insects, and decaying organic matter.
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Optimization of ectoine synthesis through fed-batch fermentation of Brevibacterium epidermisAnnelies E Onraedt
Laboratory of Industrial Microbiology and Biocatalysis, Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University, Coupure Links 653, Ghent, Belgium
Biotechnol Prog 21:1206-12. 2005A production process for ectoine has been developed, using Brevibacterium epidermis DSM20659 as the producer strain. First, the optimal conditions for intracellular synthesis of ectoine were determined...
- Evidence for distinct L-methionine catabolic pathways in the yeast Geotrichum candidum and the bacterium Brevibacterium linensKenza Arfi
INRA, Unité Mixte de Recherches Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, CBAI, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2155-62. 2006..L-methionine degradation intermediates and end products in the yeast Geotrichum candidum and in the bacterium Brevibacterium linens, both of which are present in the surface flora of certain soft cheeses and contribute to the ripening ..
- Microbiological and biochemical aspects of Camembert-type cheeses depend on atmospheric composition in the ripening chamberM N Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 89:3260-73. 2006..from pasteurized milk seeded with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti, and Brevibacterium aurantiacum...
- Assignment of Brevibacterium stationis (ZoBell and Upham 1944) Breed 1953 to the genus Corynebacterium, as Corynebacterium stationis comb. nov., and emended description of the genus Corynebacterium to include isolates that can alkalinize citrateKathryn A Bernard
Special Bacteriology Section, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, MB R3E3R2, Canada
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:874-9. 2010b>Brevibacterium stationis ATCC 14403(T), Corynebacterium ammoniagenes ATCC 6872 and two clinical isolates were found to form a single taxon group consistent with the genus Corynebacterium, designated here as Corynebacterium stationis comb...
- The cell division genes ftsQ and ftsZ, but not the three downstream open reading frames YFIH, ORF5 and ORF6, are essential for growth and viability in Brevibacterium lactofermentum ATCC 13869M P Honrubia
, , , , Spain
Mol Genet Genomics 265:1022-30. 2001The three ORFs (YFIH, ORF5 and ORF6) located downstream of the cell division genes ftsQ and ftsZ in Brevibacterium lactofermentum were disrupted by single homologous recombination events between internal fragments of the corresponding ..
- Brevibacterium album sp. nov., a novel actinobacterium isolated from a saline soil in ChinaShu Kun Tang
The Key Laboratory for Microbial Resources of the Ministry of Education, PR China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:574-7. 2008..All of these chemotaxonomic data assigned the new isolate YIM 90718(T) consistently to the genus Brevibacterium. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain YIM 90718(T) formed a distinct ..
- Construction of a xylanase-producing strain of Brevibacterium lactofermentum by stable integration of an engineered xysA gene from Streptomyces halstedii JM8S A Adham
, , , , , Spain
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:5425-30. 2001A xylanolytic strain of Brevibacterium lactofermentum containing the Streptomyces halstedii His-tagged xysA gene was generated. The new strain contains DNA derived from S...
- Oxygen access to the active site of cholesterol oxidase through a narrow channel is gated by an Arg-Glu pairR Coulombe
, McIntyre Medical Sciences Building, McGill University, , , Canada
J Biol Chem 276:30435-41. 2001..The x-ray structure of the enzyme from Brevibacterium sterolicum containing covalently bound FAD has been determined and refined to 1.7-A resolution...
- Interrelation between synthesis and uptake of ectoine for the growth of the halotolerant Brevibacterium species JCM 6894 at high osmolarityS Nagata
Research Institute for Marine Cargo Transportation, Kobe University of Mercantile Marine, Japan
Microbios 104:7-15. 2001The growth of a halotolerant Brevibacterium sp. JCM 6894 was examined in the presence of compatible solutes such as glycine betaine, ectoine (2-methyl-4-carboxy-3,4,5,6-tetrahydropyrimidine) and ectoine derivatives...
- Genomic organization of the biotin biosynthetic genes of coryneform bacteria: cloning and sequencing of the bioA-bioD genes from Brevibacterium flavumK Hatakeyama
Tsukuba Research Center, Mitsubishi Petrochemical Co Ltd, Ibaraki, Japan
DNA Seq 4:177-84. 1993Three coryneform bacteria, Brevibacterium flavum, Brevibacterium lactofermentum and Corynebacterium glutamicum have been shown to be able to convert 7-keto-8-aminopelargonic acid to biotin through a biotin synthetic pathway identical to ..
- Streptomyces lividans and Brevibacterium lactofermentum as heterologous hosts for the production of X22 xylanase from Aspergillus nidulansM Diaz
Instituto de Microbiología Bioquímica Departamento de Microbiología y Genética, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, Edificio Departamental, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, 37007, Salamanca, Spain
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 65:401-6. 2004..xylanase X22 has been cloned and expressed in two heterologous bacterial hosts: Streptomyces lividans and Brevibacterium lactofermentum...
- Analysis of the biotin biosynthesis pathway in coryneform bacteria: cloning and sequencing of the bioB gene from Brevibacterium flavumK Hatakeyama
Tsukuba Research Center, Mitsubishi Petrochemical Co, Ltd, Inashiki, Ibaraki, Japan
DNA Seq 4:87-93. 1993The biotin biosynthetic pathway of three coryneform bacteria, Brevibacterium flavum, Brevibacterium lactofermentum, and Corynebacterium glutamicum were analysed by cross-feeding experiments using several Escherichia coli biotin-requiring ..
- Identification of a novel Brevibacterium species isolated from humans and description of Brevibacterium sanguinis sp. novGeorges Wauters
University of Louvain, Microbiology Unit, UCL 5490, av Hippocrate 54, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Microbiol 42:2829-32. 2004Six coryneforms isolated from blood and dialysate fluid were phenotypically similar to Brevibacterium casei, but 16S rRNA gene sequencing and DNA-DNA hybridization indicate that they belong to a new species for which the name ..
- Pericardial infection caused by Brevibacterium caseiJ P Cannon
Clin Microbiol Infect 11:164-5. 2005
- Cloning and transcriptional characterization of two sigma factor genes, sigA and sigB, from Brevibacterium flavumN Halgasova
Institute of Molecular Biology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Curr Microbiol 43:249-54. 2001..sigma factor gene hrdB of Streptomyces aureofaciens, we identified two sigma70-like genes in a library of Brevibacterium flavum...
- Central venous catheter infection with Brevibacterium sp. in an immunocompetent woman: case report and review of the literatureS Ulrich
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Zurich, Ramistrasse 100, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Infection 34:103-6. 2006b>Brevibacterium spp. were considered apathogenic until a few reports of infections in immunocompromised patients were published...
- Efficient utilization of ectoine by halophilic Brevibacterium species and Escherichia coli subjected to osmotic downshockShinichi Nagata
Environmental Biochemistry Group, Research Center for Inland Seas, Kobe University, 5 1 1 Fukae, Higashinada ku, Kobe 658 0022, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 99:61-7. 2005..The halophilic Brevibacterium sp. JCM 6894 and B...
- 6-Hydroxymethyl-1-phenazine-carboxamide and 1,6-phenazinedimethanol from a marine bacterium, Brevibacterium sp. KMD 003, associated with marine purple vase spongeEun Ju Choi
Natural Products Research Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Gangneung, Gangwon Do, Korea
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 62:621-4. 2009Two new antibacterial phenazines were isolated from the culture broth of Brevibacterium sp. KMD 003 obtained from a marine purple vase sponge of the genus Callyspongia, collected in Kyeongpo, Gangwondo, Korea...
- Brevibacterium pityocampae sp. nov., isolated from caterpillars of Thaumetopoea pityocampa (Lepidoptera, Thaumetopoeidae)Hatice Kati
Giresun University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Department of Biology, Giresun, Turkey
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 60:312-6. 2010..The isolate was assigned to the genus Brevibacterium on the basis of a polyphasic taxonomic study, including morphological and biochemical characteristics, 16S ..
- Ectoine accumulation in Brevibacterium epidermisAnnelies Onraedt
Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Biotechnol Lett 26:1481-5. 2004As a halotolerant bacterial species, Brevibacterium epidermis DSM 20659 can grow at relatively high salinity, tolerating up to 2 M NaCl...
- Brevibacterium casei as a cause of brain abscess in an immunocompetent patientV Anil Kumar
Department of Microbiology, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Ponekkara, Kochi, Kerala 682041, India
J Clin Microbiol 49:4374-6. 2011Coryneform bacteria belonging to the genus Brevibacterium have emerged as opportunistic pathogens...
- Native aortic valve endocarditis caused by Brevibacterium epidermidis in an immunocompetent patientChristos M Manetos
Department of Cardiology, Asklepeion General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Am J Med Sci 342:257-8. 2011Although Brevibacterium species used to be considered as nonpathogenic microorganisms until recently, it seems that they can cause a wide variety of clinical diseases by acting mostly as opportunistic pathogens...
- Global regulation of the response to sulfur availability in the cheese-related bacterium Brevibacterium aurantiacumMarie Pierre Forquin
INRA AgroParis Tech, UMR 782 Genie et Microbiologie des Procedes Alimentaires, Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:1449-59. 2011..analyses to obtain a global view of the sulfur metabolic network and of the response to sulfur availability in Brevibacterium aurantiacum. In agreement with the growth of B...
- Gulosibacter molinativorax gen. nov., sp. nov., a molinate-degrading bacterium, and classification of 'Brevibacterium helvolum' DSM 20419 as Pseudoclavibacter helvolus gen. nov., sp. novCélia M Manaia
Escola Superior de Biotecnologia, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:783-9. 2004..showing the highest 16S rDNA similarity ( approximately 95 %) to members of the genus Curtobacterium and 'Brevibacterium helvolum' DSM 20419 (=ATCC 13715)...
- Identification, characterization, and chromosomal organization of the ftsZ gene from Brevibacterium lactofermentumM P Honrubia
Departamento de Ecologia, Genética y Microbiología, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Leon, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 259:97-104. 1998The ftsZ gene was cloned from the chromosomal DNA of Brevibacterium lactofermentum by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) using two oligonucleotides designed from two conserved regions found in most of the previously cloned and sequenced ..
- Optimization and characterization of a new lipopeptide biosurfactant produced by marine Brevibacterium aureum MSA13 in solid state cultureG Seghal Kiran
School of Life Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620024, India
Bioresour Technol 101:2389-96. 2010The biosurfactant production of a marine actinobacterium Brevibacterium aureum MSA13 was optimized using industrial and agro-industrial solid waste residues as substrates in solid state culture (SSC)...
- Biofilm disruption potential of a glycolipid biosurfactant from marine Brevibacterium caseiGeorge Seghal Kiran
Department of Microbiology, School of Life Sciences, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, India
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 59:432-8. 2010The antibiofilm activity of a glycolipid biosurfactant isolated from the marine actinobacterium Brevibacterium casei MSA19 was evaluated against pathogenic biofilms in vitro. The isolate B...
- Industrial importance of the genus BrevibacteriumAnnelies Onraedt
Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Faculty of Bioscience Engineering, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium
Biotechnol Lett 27:527-33. 2005The genus Brevibacterium has long been difficult for taxonomists to classify due to its close morphological similarity to other genera. Since it was proposed in 1953, the genus has often been redefined...
- Identification and functional analysis of the gene encoding methionine-gamma-lyase in Brevibacterium linensFelix Amarita
Unité Mixte de Recherches Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:7348-54. 2004..The mgl gene encoding MGL was cloned from the type strain Brevibacterium linens ATCC 9175 known to produce copious amounts of MTL and related VSCs...
- Cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sterolicum. The relationship between covalent flavinylation and redox propertiesL Motteran
Department of Structural Biology, University of Insubria, Via J.H. Dunant 3, 21100 Varese, Italy
J Biol Chem 276:18024-30. 2001b>Brevibacterium sterolicum possesses two forms of cholesterol oxidase, one containing noncovalently bound FAD, the second containing a FAD covalently linked to His(69) of the protein backbone...
- The color of Brevibacterium linens depends on the yeast used for cheese deacidificationM N Leclercq-Perlat
Unite Mixte de Recherche Génie et de Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 87:1536-44. 2004The color of smear cheeses (Muenster) is traditionally thought to be due to the bacterial flora, e.g., Brevibacterium linens. This study was carried out to evaluate indirect effects of yeast on the color of B. linens...
- Dissecting the structural determinants of the stability of cholesterol oxidase containing covalently bound flavinLaura Caldinelli
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Sciences, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:22572-81. 2005Cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sterolicum is a monomeric flavoenzyme catalyzing the oxidation and isomerization of cholesterol to cholest-4-en-3-one...
- Purification and properties of a new Brevibacterium sterolicum cholesterol oxidase produced by E. coli MM294/pnH10Kinya Fujishiro
Research and Development Section, Kyowa Medex Co, Ltd, Sumitomo Irifune Building, 2 1 1 Irifune, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0042, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 215:243-8. 2002A gene encoding a cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sterolicum nov. sp. ATCC21387 was isolated by an expression cloning method and highly expressed by a recombinant strain Escherichia coli MM294/pnH10...
- Intraspecific diversity of Brevibacterium linens, Corynebacterium glutamicum and Rhodococcus erythropolis based on partial 16S rDNA sequence analysis and Fourier-transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopyHelene Oberreuter
Microbial Ecology Group, Department of Biosciences, Technical University of Munich, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising Weihenstephan, Germany
Microbiology 148:1523-32. 2002The intraspecific diversity of 31 strains of Brevibacterium linens, 27 strains of Corynebacterium glutamicum and 29 strains of Rhodococcus erythropolis was determined by partial 16S rDNA sequence analysis and Fourier-transform infrared (..
- Involvement of DivIVA in the morphology of the rod-shaped actinomycete Brevibacterium lactofermentumAngelina Ramos
Departamento de Ecologia, Genética y Microbiología, Area de Microbiologia, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
Microbiology 149:3531-42. 2003In Brevibacterium lactofermentum, as in many Gram-positive bacteria, a divIVA gene is located downstream from the dcw cluster of cell-division- and cell-wall-related genes...
- A gene encoding arginyl-tRNA synthetase is located in the upstream region of the lysA gene in Brevibacterium lactofermentum: regulation of argS-lysA cluster expression by arginineJ A Oguiza
Area of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Leon, Spain
J Bacteriol 175:7356-62. 1993The Brevibacterium lactofermentum argS gene, which encodes an arginyl-tRNA synthetase, was identified in the upstream region of the lysA gene. The cloned gene was sequenced; it encodes a 550-amino-acid protein with an M(r) of 59,797...
- Growth stimulation of Brevibacterium sp. by siderophoresW H Noordman
NIZO Food Research, Ede, The Netherlands
J Appl Microbiol 101:637-46. 2006To assess which types of siderophores are typically produced by Brevibacterium and how siderophore production and utilization traits are distributed within this genus.
- Molecular cloning, DNA sequence analysis, and characterization of the Corynebacterium diphtheriae dtxR homolog from Brevibacterium lactofermentumJ A Oguiza
Area of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Leon, Spain
J Bacteriol 177:465-7. 1995A homolog of the Corynebacterium diphtheriae dtxR gene was isolated from Brevibacterium lactofermentum. The product of the B...
- Structural and kinetic analyses of the H121A mutant of cholesterol oxidaseLouis Lim
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Sinsheimer Laboratory, University of California at Santa Cruz, 1156 High Street, Santa Cruz, CA, 95064, USA
Biochem J 400:13-22. 2006..The enzyme from Brevibacterium sterolicum contains the FAD cofactor covalently bound to His121...
- Growth characteristics of Brevibacterium, Corynebacterium, Microbacterium, and Staphylococcus spp. isolated from surface-ripened cheeseJerome Mounier
Moorepark Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7732-9. 2007The growth characteristics of five bacteria, Brevibacterium aurantiacum 1-16-58, Corynebacterium casei DPC 5298(T), Corynebacterium variabile DPC 5310, Microbacterium gubbeenense DPC 5286(T), and Staphylococcus saprophyticus 4E61, all of ..
- Kinetic mechanisms of cholesterol oxidase from Streptomyces hygroscopicus and Brevibacterium sterolicumL Pollegioni
Department of Structural and Functional Biology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Eur J Biochem 264:140-51. 1999The kinetic properties of two cholesterol oxidases, one from Brevibacterium sterolicum (BCO) the other from Streptomyces hygroscopicus (SCO) were investigated...
- Coenzyme precursor-assisted expression of a cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sp. in Escherichia coliLonggang Wang
Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education and School of Biotechnology, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi, 214036, PR China
Biotechnol Lett 29:761-6. 2007The gene (choB(b)), encoding cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sp. CCTCC M201008, was cloned and sequenced by PCR (GenBank accession number: DQ345780). The gene consists of 1653 base pairs and encodes a protein of 551 amino acids...
- Novel linear megaplasmid from Brevibacterium sp. isolated from extreme environmentJulián Rafael Dib
Planta Piloto de Procesos Industriales Microbiológicos CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina
J Basic Microbiol 50:280-4. 2010b>Brevibacterium sp...
- Degradation of histamine and tyramine by Brevibacterium linens during surface ripening of Munster cheeseR G Leuschner
Institut für Lebensmitteltechnologie der Universität Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany
J Food Prot 61:874-8. 1998Red smear formation during fermentation of Munster cheese was started by using three different strains of Brevibacterium linens as surface inocula. The cheeses were produced with and without supplementation of histamine and tyramine...
- Multiple sigma factor genes in Brevibacterium lactofermentum: characterization of sigA and sigBJ A Oguiza
Area of Microbiology, Faculty of Biology, University of Leon, Spain
J Bacteriol 178:550-3. 1996Four rpoD hybridizing signals have been identified in the chromosome of Brevibacterium lactofermentum. Two rpoD-like genes, sigA and sigB, have been cloned and sequenced, and they encode principal sigma factors of the RNA polymerase...
- Cholesterol oxidase: sources, physical properties and analytical applicationsJ Maclachlan
Department of Physical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, City Campus, 70 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, UK
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 72:169-95. 2000..This review is not a comprehensive description of published work, but is intended to provide an account of recent and current research, and should promote further interest in the application of enzymes to analytical selectivity...
- Complete nucleotide sequence of a native plasmid from Brevibacterium linensMathew Moore
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney 2052, Australia
Plasmid 49:160-8. 2003b>Brevibacterium linens has commercial significance in the dairy industry and potential application in the production of bacteriocins and carotenoids...
- The mobile element IS1207 of Brevibacterium lactofermentum ATCC21086: isolation and use in the construction of Tn5531, a versatile transposon for insertional mutagenesis of Corynebacterium glutamicumCeline Bonamy
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire des Corynébactéries, Institut de Génétique et de Microbiologie, Universite de Paris Sud, Batiment 409, 91405 Orsay Cedex, France
J Biotechnol 104:301-9. 2003..that abolish the activity of an Escherichia coli phage lambda cI gene integrated in the Corynebacterium Brevibacterium lactofermentum ATCC21086 genome...
- Purification and characterization of thermostable H2O2-forming NADH oxidase from 2-phenylethanol-assimilating Brevibacterium sp. KU1309Jun ichiro Hirano
Department of Biosciences and Informatics, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Yokohama, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 80:71-8. 2008A cytoplasmic NADH oxidase (NOX) was purified from a soil bacteria, Brevibacterium sp. KU1309, which is able to grow in the medium containing 2-phenylethanol as the sole source of carbon under an aerobic condition...
- Dynamics and optimal conditions of intracellular ectoine accumulation in Brevibacterium spA Onraedt
Ghent University, Laboratory of Industrial Microbiology and Biocatalysis, Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Coupure Links 653, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 68:241-6. 2003The optimal conditions for the intracellular synthesis of ectoine were determined in a halotolerant Brevibacterium sp...
- Ectoine as a natural component of food: detection in red smear cheesesJulia Klein
bitop AG, Stockumer Strasse 28, 58453 Witten, Germany
J Dairy Res 74:446-51. 2007..The use of an ectoine producing microorganism (Brevibacterium linens) in the surface ripening of red smear cheeses led to the question whether ectoine can be found in ..
- Construction and characterization of recA mutant strains of Corynebacterium glutamicum and Brevibacterium lactofermentumR Fitzpatrick
Department of Microbiology, University College Galway, Ireland
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 42:575-80. 1994..glutamicum and Brevibacterium lactofermentum by insertional inactivation...
- Controlled production of Camembert-type cheeses. Part I: Microbiological and physicochemical evolutionsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et de Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires INRA, INA P G, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 71:346-54. 2004..from pasteurized milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti and Brevibacterium linens under aseptic conditions...
- Influence of growth conditions on bacteriocin production by Brevibacterium linensA S Motta
Departamento de Ciencia de Alimentos, ICTA, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Bento Goncalves 9500, 91501 970, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 62:163-7. 2003The influence of temperature, NaCl concentration and cheese whey media on growth of Brevibacterium linens ATCC 9175 and production of bacteriocin-like antimicrobial activity was studied...
- Controlled production of camembert-type cheeses: part III role of the ripening microflora on free fatty acid concentrationsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et de Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires UMR G M P A, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 74:218-25. 2007..from pasteurised milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti, and Brevibacterium aurantiacum under aseptic conditions...
- Does smearing inoculum reflect the bacterial composition of the smear at the end of the ripening of a French soft, red-smear cheese?C Feurer
Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, INRA, Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 87:3189-97. 2004..Therefore, fitness and colonization potential of smearing inocula should be carefully assessed by the industry before use. The use of Arthrobacter strains as part of the smearing inoculum should be evaluated...
- Catabolism of volatile sulfur compounds precursors by Brevibacterium linens and Geotrichum candidum, two microorganisms of the cheese ecosystemKenza Arfi
Department of Food and Fermentation Engineering, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, LGMPA, CBAI, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Biotechnol 105:245-53. 2003Two Brevibacterium linens strains and the cheese-ripening yeast Geotrichum candidum were compared with regard to their ability to produce volatile sulfur compounds (VSCs) from three different precursors namely L-methionine, 4-methylthio-2-..
- Controlled production of Camembert-type cheeses. Part II. Changes in the concentration of the more volatile compoundsMarie Noëlle Leclercq-Perlat
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires INRA INA P G, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Res 71:355-66. 2004..from pasteurized milk inoculated with Kluyveromyces lactis, Geotrichum candidum, Penicillium camemberti and Brevibacterium linens under aseptic conditions...
- Diversity of L-leucine catabolism in various microorganisms involved in dairy fermentations, and identification of the rate-controlling step in the formation of the potent flavour component 3-methylbutanalB A Smit
Department of Flavour, Nutrition and Ingredients, NIZO Food Research, P O Box 20, 6710 BA Ede, The Netherlands
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:396-402. 2004..to the genera Lactococcus, Lactobacillus, Streptococcus, Leuconostoc, Bifidobacterium, Propionibacterium, Brevibacterium, Corynebacterium and Arthrobacter, used in dairy fermentations such as cheese making, were analysed for their ..
- Isolation and molecular detection of methylotrophic bacteria occurring in the human mouthVasiliki Anesti
Department of Life Sciences, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
Environ Microbiol 7:1227-38. 2005..Methylotrophic strains of Bacillus, Brevibacterium casei, Hyphomicrobium sulfonivorans, Methylobacterium, Micrococcus luteus and Variovorax paradoxus were ..
- Temporal stability and biodiversity of two complex antilisterial cheese-ripening microbial consortiaAriel Maoz
Abteilung für Mikrobiologie, Zentralinstitut für Ernährungs und Lebensmittelforschung Weihenstephan, Technische Universitat Munchen, Weihenstephaner Berg 3, D 85350 Freising, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:4012-8. 2003..Our data indicate that the stability over time and a potential antilisterial activity are individual characteristics of the ripening consortia which can be monitored and used for safe food production without artificial preservatives...
- Catabolism of aromatic amino acids in cheese-related bacteria: aminotransferase and decarboxylase activitiesAine C Curtin
Department of Food Science, Food Technology and Nutrition, University College, Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Res 70:249-52. 2003
- Optimization of trehalose production by a novel strain Brevibacterium sp. SY361Lei Wang
Microbiology Department, School of Medicine, Soochow University, Suzhou, P R China
J Basic Microbiol 48:410-5. 2008Trehalose production by a novel strain of Brevibacterium sp. SY361 was optimized in submerged fermentation...
- Growth and colour development of some surface ripening bacteria with Debaryomyces hansenii on aseptic cheese curdJerome Mounier
Dairy Products Research Centre, Teagasc, Fermoy, Ireland
J Dairy Res 73:441-8. 2006The growth of five bacteria isolated from red-smear cheeses, Brevibacterium aurantiacum, Corynebacterium casei, Corynebacterium variabile, Microbacterium gubbeenense and Staphylococcus saprophyticus in mixed cultures with Debaryomyces ..
- Cloning, sequencing and expression of the gene encoding elongation factor P in the amino-acid producer Brevibacterium lactofermentum (Corynebacterium glutamicum ATCC 13869)A Ramos
Departamento de Ecologia, Genética y Microbiología, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Leon, Spain
Gene 198:217-22. 1997The Brevibacterium lactofermentum EF-P gene, encoding the elongation factor protein P, was cloned and sequenced. According to DNA sequence analysis of this gene, the B...
- Deacidification by Debaryomyces hansenii of smear soft cheeses ripened under controlled conditions: relative humidity and temperature influencesC Bonaiti
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 87:3976-88. 2004..smear soft cheeses were prepared from pasteurized milk inoculated with Debaryomyces hansenii (304, GMPA) and Brevibacterium aurantiacum (ATCC 9175) under aseptic conditions...
- Influence of adjunct cultures on ripening of reduced fat Edam cheesesW Tungjaroenchai
Department of Food Science and Technology, Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS 39762, USA
J Dairy Sci 84:2117-24. 2001The influence of four adjunct cultures [Brevibacterium linens (BL2), Lactococcus lactis ssp...
- Effects of atmospheric composition on respiratory behavior, weight loss, and appearance of Camembert-type cheeses during chamber ripeningD Picque
Unité Mixte de Recherche Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, F 78 850 Thiverval Grignon, France
J Dairy Sci 89:3250-9. 2006..However, CO(2) concentrations higher than 2% negatively influenced the appearance of the cheeses...
- Characterization of an antibacterial peptide produced by Brevibacterium linensA S Motta
Departamento de Ciencia de Alimentos, ICTA, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Appl Microbiol 92:63-70. 2002The aim of this research was to investigate the antimicrobial activity produced by Brevibacterium linens ATCC 9175.
- Influence of adjunct cultures on volatile free fatty acids in reduced-fat Edam cheesesW Tungjaroenchai
Department of Food Science and Technology, Mississippi State University, 39762, USA
J Dairy Sci 87:3224-34. 2004The effects of the adjunct cultures Lactococcus lactis ssp. diacetylactis, Brevibacterium linens BL2, Lactobacillus helveticus LH212, and Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 23272 on volatile free fatty acid production in reduced-fat Edam cheese ..
- The effect of cysteine on production of volatile sulphur compounds by cheese-ripening bacteriaM López del Castillo-Lozano
UMR 782, AgroParisTech, Laboratoire de Génie et Microbiologie des Procédés Alimentaires, Centre de Biotechnologies Agro Industrielles, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Int J Food Microbiol 122:321-7. 2008The effect of cysteine on the ability of smear cheese-ripening bacteria (Brevibacterium linens and Arthrobacter spp) to produce volatile sulphur compounds (VSC) from methionine was studied...
- Optimization of headspace solid-phase Microextraction (SPME) for the odor analysis of surface-ripened cheeseLaurent Lecanu
INRA SQuAlE, Laboratoire de Nutrition et Securite Alimentaire, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
J Agric Food Chem 50:3810-7. 2002..This evolution could be linked to the growth of Brevibacterium linens...
- Genetic transformation of Brevibacterium linens strains producing high amounts of diverse sulphur compoundsMichele Nardi
Unité de Biochimie et Structure des Protéines, 78352 Jouy en Josas, France
J Dairy Res 72:179-87. 2005..and importance in cheese technology (production of colour, flavour, bacteriocins and resistance to salt) Brevibacterium linens is a major cheese ripening bacteria...
- Tryptophan catabolism in Brevibacterium linens as a potential cheese flavor adjunctM Ummadi
Center for Microbe Detection and Physiology, Department of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Utah State University, Logan, 84322-8700, USA
J Dairy Sci 84:1773-82. 2001..The objective of this study was to delineate pathways for catabolism of tryptophan (Trp) in Brevibacterium linens, a cheese flavor adjunct, and to determine the potential for this organism to contribute to this defect...
- Proposal of a method for the genetic transformation of Gordonia jacobaeaP Veiga-Crespo
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Santiago de Compostela, A Coruna, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 100:608-14. 2006..The present work describes a method for the genetic transformation of G. jacobaea...
- Rapid identification of Rhodococcus equi by a PCR assay targeting the choE geneNéstor Ladrón
Departamento de Biología Molecular Unidad Asociada al Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas, C S I C, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Cantabria, 39011 Santander, Spain
J Clin Microbiol 41:3241-5. 2003..All non-R. equi isolates were negative by the choE-based PCR. ATCC 21387, the only known isolate of Brevibacterium sterolicum, gave a 959-bp amplicon whose DNA sequence was virtually identical to that of R. equi choE...
- Supplementation effects of hydroxyectoine on proline uptake of downshocked Brevibacterium sp. JCM 6894Chenxiang Wang
Environmental Biochemistry Group, Research Center for Inland Seas, Kobe University, 5 1 1 Fukae, Kobe 658 0022, Japan
J Biosci Bioeng 101:178-84. 2006Downshock treatment of the halotolerant Brevibacterium sp. JCM 6894 was a prerequisite for proline uptake which is a function for cell survival...
- Molecular detection and isolation of facultatively methylotrophic bacteria, including Methylobacterium podarium sp. nov., from the human foot microfloraVasiliki Anesti
Microbiology Research Group, Department of Life Sciences, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NN, UK
Environ Microbiol 6:820-30. 2004..These were found by 16S rRNA analysis to be most closely related to Methylobacterium species, Brevibacterium casei, Pseudomonas strain NZ099 and P. migulae...
- Brevibacterium celere sp. nov., isolated from degraded thallus of a brown algaElena P Ivanova
Industrial Research Institute, Swinburne University of Technology, PO Box 218, Hawthorn, Victoria 3122, Australia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:2107-11. 2004..of 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain KMM 3637(T) formed a distinct phyletic lineage in the genus Brevibacterium (family Brevibacteriaceae, class Actinobacteria) and showed the highest sequence similarity (about 97 %) to ..
- Brevibacterium picturae sp. nov., isolated from a damaged mural painting at the Saint-Catherine chapel (Castle Herberstein, Austria)Jeroen Heyrman
Vakgroep BFM WE10V, Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, Universiteit Gent, K L Ledeganckstraat 35, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:1537-41. 2004..On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, the strains were attributed to Brevibacterium, with Brevibacterium casei (96.7 %), Brevibacterium iodinum (96.7 %) and Brevibacterium linens (96...
- Development of a 16S rRNA primer for the detection of Brevibacterium sppR Gelsomino
BCCM LMG Bacteria Culture Collection, Laboratory of Microbiology, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium
Lett Appl Microbiol 38:532-5. 2004To develop a PCR method for the rapid identification of the genus Brevibacterium.
- Brevibacterium lutescens sp. nov., from human and environmental samplesGeorges Wauters
University of Louvain, Faculty of Medicine, Microbiology Unit, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1321-5. 2003..and one of environmental origin exhibited phenotypic and chemotaxonomic properties characteristic of the genus Brevibacterium and their 16S rRNA gene sequences were closely related (98.5-99.0 %) to that of Brevibacterium otitidis...
- [Three new species of brevibacteria--Brevibacterium antiquum sp. nov., Brevibacterium aurantiacum sp. nov. and Brevibacterium permense sp. nov]E Iu Gavrish
Pushchino State University, pr Nauki 3, Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, 142290 Russia
Mikrobiologiia 73:218-25. 2004..and soils contaminated with wastes from the chemical and salt industries, which were assigned to the genus Brevibacterium on the basis of phenotypic characteristics, as well as of some strains described previously as Brevibacterium ..
- Ecology of mixed biofilms subjected daily to a chlorinated alkaline solution: spatial distribution of bacterial species suggests a protective effect of one species to anotherV Leriche
SODIAAL UNION, Paris, France
Environ Microbiol 5:64-71. 2003Three bacterial strains (Kocuria sp. C714.1, Brevibacterium linens B337...
- Fatty acid production from amino acids and alpha-keto acids by Brevibacterium linens BL2Balasubramanian Ganesan
Center for Integrated BioSystems, Utah State University, Logan, Utah 84322 4700, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:6385-93. 2004..The objective of this study was to determine the ability of Brevibacterium linens BL2 to produce fatty acids from amino acids and alpha-keto acids and determine the occurrence of the ..
- [Decrease of phosphate concentration in the medium by Brevibacterium casei cells]L P Riazanova
Mikrobiologiia 76:752-8. 2007..b>Brevibacterium casei, Brevibacterium linens, and Brevibacterium epidermidis grown in media with initial phosphorus ..
- Metabolic engineering for synthesis of aryl carotenoids in RhodococcusLuan Tao
Biological and Chemical Sciences and Engineering, Central Research and Development, EI DuPont de Nemours Inc, Wilmington, DE 19880 0328, USA
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 70:222-8. 2006..We heterologously expressed a beta-carotene desaturase gene (crtU) from Brevibacterium in Rhodococcus to produce aryl carotenoids such as chlorobactene...
- Cloning and expression of the inorganic pyrophosphatase gene from the amino acid producer Brevibacterium lactofermentum ATCC 13869Angelina Ramos
Area de Microbiologia, Departamento de Ecologia, Genética y Microbiología, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
FEMS Microbiol Lett 225:85-92. 2003A 20-kDa Brevibacterium lactofermentum protein was detected when purifying the His-tagged FtsZBL...
- A Brevibacterium linens pRBL1 replicon functional in Corynebacterium glutamicumS Ankri
Institut de Génétique et Microbiologie URA, Universite de Paris Sud, Orsay, France
Plasmid 36:36-41. 1996b>Brevibacterium linens RBL strain cryptic plasmid pRBL1 (8.0 kb) is described. A region involved in pRBL1 autonomous replication in Corynebacterium glutamicum was identified by insertion and deletion mapping and partially sequenced...
- A microbial consortium isolated from a crude oil sample that uses asphaltenes as a carbon and energy sourceGabriel Pineda-Flores
Departamento de Microbiologá, Escuela Nacional de Ciencias Biologicas, IPN Prol Carpio y Plan de Ayala s n, Apartado Postal CON 174, México DF 06400, Mexico
Biodegradation 15:145-51. 2004..4...
- Resistance of corynebacterial strains to infection and lysis by corynephage BFK 20N Halgasova
Institute of Molecular Biology, Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Appl Microbiol 98:184-92. 2005Defence mechanisms of the corynebacterial strains against corynephage BFK 20, which causes lysis of Brevibacterium flavum CCM 251.
- Characterisation of prototype Nurmi cultures using culture-based microbiological techniques and PCR-DGGESinead M Waters
Alltech Ireland, Sarney, Summerhill Road, Dunboyne, Co Meath, Ireland
Int J Food Microbiol 110:268-77. 2006..Bacteroides, Enterococcus, Escherichia, Brevibacterium, Klebsiella, Lactobacillus, Clostridium, Bacillus, Eubacterium, Serratia, Citrobacter, Enterobacter, ..
- [Diversity of culturable bacteria associated with the sea urchin Hemicentrotus pulcherrimus from Naozhou Island]Ke Huang
Key Laboratory of Plant Resources Conservation and Utilization of Hunan Province, College of Biological Resource and Environment Science, Jishou University, Jishou 416000, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:1424-9. 2009....
- [Phylogenetic diversity of cultivable bacteria associated with a sea anemone from coast of the Naozhou island in Zhanjiang, China]Huaidong Xiao
Key Laboratory of Plant Resources Conservation and Utilization, Hunan Province, College of Biological Resource and Environment Science, Jishou University, Jishou 416000, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 49:246-50. 2009..To understand the diversity of cultivable bacteria isolated from a sea anemone collected from the coastal water of the Naozbou island in the Leizhou Bay on South China Sea...
- Response of sawmill workers to work-related airborne allergensJ Dutkiewicz
Department of Occupational Biohazards, Institute of Agricultural Medicine, Jaczewskiego 2, 20 090 Lublin, Poland
Ann Agric Environ Med 8:81-90. 2001..b>Brevibacterium linens and Penicillium citrinum) isolated from the air polluted with wood dust...
- Glucose oxidase from Penicillium amagasakiense. Primary structure and comparison with other glucose-methanol-choline (GMC) oxidoreductasesM Kiess
Department of Molecular Structure Research, Gesellschaft fur Biotechnologische Forschung, Braunschweig, Germany
Eur J Biochem 252:90-9. 1998..The tertiary structures of glucose oxidase from A. niger and cholesterol oxidase from Brevibacterium sterolicum were superimposed to provide a template for the sequence comparison of members of the GMC family...
- Isolation of coryneform bacteria from blood cultures of patients at a University Hospital in Saudi ArabiaHanan A Babay
Department of Pathology Microbiology 32, King Khalid University Hospital, PO Box 2925, Riyadh 11461, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:1073-9. 2004....
- Bacterial diversity in Amblyomma americanum (Acari: Ixodidae) with a focus on members of the genus RickettsiaStephanie R Heise
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Med Entomol 47:258-68. 2010..sequence affiliated with members of the genus Coxiella (89%; 81/91), common endosymbionts of ticks, and Brevibacterium (11%; 10/91). Similarly, analysis of clones from unfed wild lone star ticks revealed that 96...
- Microbial interactions within a cheese microbial communityJerome Mounier
UMR782 Génie et microbiologie des procédés alimentaires, INRA, AgroParisTech, 78850 Thiverval Grignon, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:172-81. 2008..For other bacteria, such as Leucobacter sp. or Brevibacterium aurantiacum, growth relied on a specific yeast, i.e., G. candidum. Furthermore, B...
- Transport capabilities of eleven gram-positive bacteria: comparative genomic analysesGraciela L Lorca
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0116, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1768:1342-66. 2007..The one exception is Brevibacterium linens, which in addition to these carriers, also has transporters of several families not represented in the ..
- Identification of coryneform bacterial isolates by ribosomal DNA sequence analysisY W Tang
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:1676-8. 2000..0% (15 of 30) of other species (P < 0.01). Four isolates from the genera Arthrobacter, Brevibacterium, and Microbacterium, which could not be identified to the species level by conventional methods, were assigned ..
- STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY OF DIOXYGENASESDouglas Ohlendorf; Fiscal Year: 2002..determined the refined structures of the wild-type enzyme, of a mutant, and of 4 complexes; for 3,4-PCD from Brevibacterium fuscum we have solved the structure of the wild-type enzyme...
- STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY OF DIOXYGENASESDouglas Ohlendorf; Fiscal Year: 2003..determined the refined structures of the wild-type enzyme, of a mutant, and of 4 complexes; for 3,4-PCD from Brevibacterium fuscum we have solved the structure of the wild-type enzyme...
- STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY OF DIOXYGENASESDouglas Ohlendorf; Fiscal Year: 2001..determined the refined structures of the wild-type enzyme, of a mutant, and of 4 complexes; for 3,4-PCD from Brevibacterium fuscum we have solved the structure of the wild-type enzyme...
- STRUCTURAL BIOLOGY OF DIOXYGENASESDouglas Ohlendorf; Fiscal Year: 2000
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF ALLYLIC REARRANGEMENT ENZYMESJOHN SCHWAB; Fiscal Year: 1991..course of the allylic rearrangement catalyzed by the Betahydroxydodecanoyl thiol ester dehydrase component of Brevibacterium ammoniagenes fatty acid synthetase (by 2H-decoupled 1H,13C chemical shift correlation spectroscopy), in order ..
- COST-EFFICIENT PREPARATION OF L-AROGENATERandy Fischer; Fiscal Year: 1991..A strategy is proposed for construction of a multiple mutant of Brevibacterium flavum that is expected to increase the yield of L-arogenate by a factor of 10-to-100 or more, with little or ..
- COST-EFFICIENT PREPARATION OF L-AROGENATERandy Fischer; Fiscal Year: 1993..A strategy is proposed for the genetic engineering of Brevibacterium flavum to obtain high-quality yields of L-arogenate applicable to commercial production.
- Mtb-Catalyzed Cholesterol Oxidation as Virulence FactorNicole Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Acquisition of a MALDI-TOF SpectrometerNicole Sampson; Fiscal Year: 2005..The Stony Brook administration and the Institute of Chemical Biology & Drug Discovery have made a significant contribution toward the maintenance and operation of the instrument. ..
- Enzyme Mis-Metallation, Consequences and OpportunitiesAnne Frances Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Nitroreductase: Determinants of Flavin Enzyme ActivityAnne Frances Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..These tools will have widespread applicability to flavoproteins. ..
- Nitroreductase: Determinants of Flavin Enzyme ActivityAnne Frances Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..These tools will have widespread applicability to flavoproteins. ..
- Enzyme Mis-Metallation, Consequences and OpportunitiesAnne Frances Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..