Summary: A genus of bacteria that form a nonfragmented aerial mycelium. Many species have been identified with some being pathogenic. This genus is responsible for producing a majority of the ANTI-BACTERIAL AGENTS of practical value.
Publications302 found, 100 shown here
- Complete genome sequence of the model actinomycete Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)S D Bentley
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Nature 417:141-7. 2002b>Streptomyces coelicolor is a representative of the group of soil-dwelling, filamentous bacteria responsible for producing most natural antibiotics used in human and veterinary medicine...
- PCR-targeted Streptomyces gene replacement identifies a protein domain needed for biosynthesis of the sesquiterpene soil odor geosminBertolt Gust
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1541-6. 2003Streptomycetes are high G+C Gram-positive, antibiotic-producing, mycelial soil bacteria. The 8.7-Mb Streptomyces coelicolor genome was previously sequenced by using an ordered library of Supercos-1 clones...
- The regulation of the secondary metabolism of Streptomyces: new links and experimental advancesGilles P van Wezel
Leiden University, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Netherlands
Nat Prod Rep 28:1311-33. 2011..New technologies are also described that have potential to greatly further our understanding of gene regulation in what is an area fertile for discovery and exploitation..
- The sequence of a 1.8-mb bacterial linear plasmid reveals a rich evolutionary reservoir of secondary metabolic pathwaysMarnix H Medema
Department of Microbial Physiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Genome Biol Evol 2:212-24. 2010..Genome sequencing of Streptomyces clavuligerus ATCC 27064, a Gram-positive soil bacterium known for its production of a diverse array of ..
- Genome sequence of the streptomycin-producing microorganism Streptomyces griseus IFO 13350Yasuo Ohnishi
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Bacteriol 190:4050-60. 2008We determined the complete genome sequence of Streptomyces griseus IFO 13350, a soil bacterium producing an antituberculosis agent, streptomycin, which is the first aminoglycoside antibiotic, discovered more than 60 years ago...
- Identification of a bioactive 51-membered macrolide complex by activation of a silent polyketide synthase in Streptomyces ambofaciensLuisa Laureti
Unité Mixte de Recherche1128 Génétique et Microbiologie, Universite Henri Poincare, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 110 EFABA, F 54506 Vandœuvre lès Nancy, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6258-63. 2011..Genome sequence analysis of Streptomyces ambofaciens ATCC23877 has revealed numerous secondary metabolite biosynthetic gene clusters, including a giant ..
- Genome-minimized Streptomyces host for the heterologous expression of secondary metabolismMamoru Komatsu
Laboratory of Microbial Engineering, Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Kitasato University, 1 15 1 Kitasato Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2646-51. 2010..expression of genes encoding secondary metabolite biosynthesis, the genome of the industrial microorganism Streptomyces avermitilis was systematically deleted to remove nonessential genes. A region of more than 1...
- Draft genome sequence of Streptomyces clavuligerus NRRL 3585, a producer of diverse secondary metabolitesJu Yeon Song
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 192:6317-8. 2010b>Streptomyces clavuligerus is an important industrial strain that produces a number of antibiotics, including clavulanic acid and cephamycin C. A high-quality draft genome sequence of the S...
- Widespread homologous recombination within and between Streptomyces speciesJames R Doroghazi
Department of Microbiology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
ISME J 4:1136-43. 2010..Intraspecies recombination was examined using strains of Streptomyces flavogriseus isolated from soils at five locations spanning 1000 km. The strains had >99...
- Streptomyces as symbionts: an emerging and widespread theme?Ryan F Seipke
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, UK
FEMS Microbiol Rev 36:862-76. 2012b>Streptomyces bacteria are ubiquitous in soil, conferring the characteristic earthy smell, and they have an important ecological role in the turnover of organic material...
- The complex extracellular biology of StreptomycesKeith F Chater
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, UK
FEMS Microbiol Rev 34:171-98. 2010..The rare codon TTA, which is present in the key pleiotropic regulatory gene adpA and many pathway-specific regulatory genes for antibiotic production, has a particular influence on extracellular biology...
- SMC protein-dependent chromosome condensation during aerial hyphal development in StreptomycesAgnieszka Kois
Faculty of Biotechnology, University of Wrocław, Tamka 2, 50 137 Wrocław, Poland
J Bacteriol 191:310-9. 2009..The conversion of multigenomic aerial hyphae of the mycelial organism Streptomyces coelicolor into chains of unigenomic spores requires the synchronous segregation of multiple chromosomes...
- Genome sequence of the milbemycin-producing bacterium Streptomyces bingchenggensisXiang Jing Wang
School of Life Science, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
J Bacteriol 192:4526-7. 2010b>Streptomyces bingchenggensis is a soil-dwelling bacterium producing the commercially important anthelmintic macrolide milbemycins...
- Streptomyces morphogenetics: dissecting differentiation in a filamentous bacteriumKlas Flärdh
Department of Cell and Organism Biology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Nat Rev Microbiol 7:36-49. 2009During the life cycle of the filamentous bacteria Streptomyces, morphological differentiation is closely integrated with fundamental growth and cell-cycle processes, as well as with truly complex multicellular behaviour that involves ..
- Linear Streptomyces plasmids form superhelical circles through interactions between their terminal proteinsHsiu Hui Tsai
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Genome Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Shih Pai, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Nucleic Acids Res 39:2165-74. 2011Linear chromosomes and linear plasmids of Streptomyces possess covalently bound terminal proteins (TPs) at the 5' ends of their telomeres...
- Biodegradation of deltamethrin and its hydrolysis product 3-phenoxybenzaldehyde by a newly isolated Streptomyces aureus strain HP-S-01Shaohua Chen
Key Laboratory of Pesticide and Chemical Biology, Ministry of Education, Laboratory of Insect Toxicology, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 90:1471-83. 2011..cultural, physio-biochemical characteristics, and 16S rDNA sequence analysis, strain HP-S-01 was identified as Streptomyces aureus...
- The ParB protein of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) recognizes a cluster of parS sequences within the origin-proximal region of the linear chromosomeDagmara Jakimowicz
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 45:1365-77. 2002The mycelial prokaryote Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) possesses a large linear chromosome (8.67 Mb) with a centrally located origin of replication (oriC)...
- Streptomyces and Saccharopolyspora hosts for heterologous expression of secondary metabolite gene clustersRichard H Baltz
CognoGen Biotechnology Consulting, 6438 North Olney Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 37:759-72. 2010..This review discusses the results of these studies, and the pros and cons of using various Streptomyces and one Saccharopolyspora strain for heterologous expression...
- The twin arginine protein transport pathway exports multiple virulence proteins in the plant pathogen Streptomyces scabiesMadhumita V Joshi
Department of Plant Pathology and Plant Microbe Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Mol Microbiol 77:252-71. 2010Summary Streptomyces scabies is one of a group of organisms that causes the economically important disease potato scab. Analysis of the S...
- Complete genome sequence and comparative analysis of the industrial microorganism Streptomyces avermitilisHaruo Ikeda
Kitasato Institute for Life Sciences, Kitasato University, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Nat Biotechnol 21:526-31. 2003Species of the genus Streptomyces are of major pharmaceutical interest because they synthesize a variety of bioactive secondary metabolites...
- An unusual isopentenyl diphosphate isomerase found in the mevalonate pathway gene cluster from Streptomyces sp. strain CL190K Kaneda
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:932-7. 2001A gene cluster encoding five enzymes of the mevalonate pathway had been cloned from Streptomyces sp. strain CL190...
- FramePlot: a new implementation of the frame analysis for predicting protein-coding regions in bacterial DNA with a high G + C contentJ Ishikawa
Department of Bioactive Molecules, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 174:251-3. 1999..is a web-based tool for predicting protein-coding regions in bacterial DNA with a high G + C content, such as Streptomyces. The graphical output provides for easy distinction of protein-coding regions from non-coding regions...
- Discovery of unique lanthionine synthetases reveals new mechanistic and evolutionary insightsYuki Goto
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Biol 8:e1000339. 2010..consist of three distinct catalytic domains and demonstrate in vitro enzyme activity of a family member from Streptomyces venezuelae...
- Origin of the allyl group in FK506 biosynthesisDusan Goranovic
Acies Bio d o o, Tehnoloski Park 21, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
J Biol Chem 285:14292-300. 2010..The entire gene cluster for biosynthesis of FK520 from Streptomyces hygroscopicus var. ascomyceticus has been cloned and sequenced...
- Engineered biosynthesis of a novel amidated polyketide, using the malonamyl-specific initiation module from the oxytetracycline polyketide synthaseWenjun Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, 5531 Boelter Hall, 420 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2573-80. 2006..To this end, we have sequenced the gene cluster of oxytetracycline (oxy and otc genes) PKS genes from Streptomyces rimosus. Sequence analysis revealed a total of 21 genes between the otrA and otrB resistance genes...
- Effect of liquid culture requirements on antifungal antibiotic production by Streptomyces rimosus MY02Jicheng Yu
Department of Bioengineering, Dalian Nationalities University, Dalian, PR China
Bioresour Technol 99:2087-91. 2008b>Streptomyces rimosus MY02 was isolated from a soil sample which was collected from the northeast of China. The effect of medium components (i.e. carbon and nitrogen sources) and other culture requirements (i.e...
- The FK520 gene cluster of Streptomyces hygroscopicus var. ascomyceticus (ATCC 14891) contains genes for biosynthesis of unusual polyketide extender unitsK Wu
Kosan Biosciences Inc, Hayward, CA 94545, USA
Gene 251:81-90. 2000FK520 (ascomycin) is a macrolide produced by Streptomyces hygroscopicus var. ascomyceticus (ATCC 14891) that has immunosuppressive, neurotrophic and antifungal activities...
- Protein kinase inhibition of clinically important staurosporine analoguesOsman A B S M Gani
The Norwegian Structural Biology Center, Institute of Chemistry, University of Tromsø, 9037, Tromsø, Norway
Nat Prod Rep 27:489-98. 2010..Further, the mix of purely natural, biosynthetically and chemically modified compounds described here offer insights into prospects and strategies for drug discovery via bioprospecting...
- Biosynthesis of the allylmalonyl-CoA extender unit for the FK506 polyketide synthase proceeds through a dedicated polyketide synthase and facilitates the mutasynthesis of analoguesSangjoon Mo
Department of Chemistry and Nano Science, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Republic of Korea
J Am Chem Soc 133:976-85. 2011....
- Characterization of Streptomyces padanus JAU4234, a producer of actinomycin X₂, fungichromin, and a new polyene macrolide antibioticZhi Qiang Xiong
Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:589-92. 2012Strain JAU4234, identified as Streptomyces padanus, was isolated from soil collected in Jiangxi Province, China. It produced actinomycin X2, fungichromin, and a new polyene macrolide compound with antifungal activity, antifungalmycin 702...
- Genetics of Streptomyces rimosus, the oxytetracycline producerHrvoje Petkovic
Biotechnical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 70:704-28. 2006From a genetic standpoint, Streptomyces rimosus is arguably the best-characterized industrial streptomycete as the producer of oxytetracycline and other tetracycline antibiotics...
- Induction of actinorhodin production by rpsL (encoding ribosomal protein S12) mutations that confer streptomycin resistance in Streptomyces lividans and Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)J Shima
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Bacteriol 178:7276-84. 1996A strain of Streptomyces lividans, TK24, was found to produce a pigmented antibiotic, actinorhodin, although S. lividans normally does not produce this antibiotic...
- Streptomyces lunalinharesii sp. nov., a chitinolytic streptomycete isolated from cerrado soil in BrazilRodrigo Fonseca de Souza
Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, Universidade do Brasil, UFRJ, CCS, Bloco I, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:2774-8. 2008..actinomycete isolated from a Brazilian cerrado soil, designated strain RCQ1071(T), was assigned to the genus Streptomyces on the basis of chemical and morphological characteristics...
- Regulation of apical growth and hyphal branching in StreptomycesKlas Flärdh
Department of Biology, Lund University, 223 62 Lund, Sweden
Curr Opin Microbiol 15:737-43. 2012The filamentous bacteria Streptomyces grow by tip extension and through the initiation of new branches, and this apical growth is directed by a polarisome-like complex involving the essential polarity protein DivIVA...
- Characterization and analysis of the PikD regulatory factor in the pikromycin biosynthetic pathway of Streptomyces venezuelaeD J Wilson
Department of Microbiology and Biological Process Technology Institute, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street S.E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Bacteriol 183:3468-75. 2001The Streptomyces venezuelae pikD gene from the pikromycin biosynthetic cluster was analyzed, and its deduced product (PikD) was found to have amino acid sequence homology with a small family of bacterial regulatory proteins...
- Novel pathway of salicylate degradation by Streptomyces sp. strain WA46Daisuke Ishiyama
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:1297-306. 2004A novel salicylate-degrading Streptomyces sp...
- Improvement of FK506 production in Streptomyces tsukubaensis by genetic enhancement of the supply of unusual polyketide extender units via utilization of two distinct site-specific recombination systemsDandan Chen
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:5093-103. 2012..In this study, we report the improvement of FK506 yield in the producing strain Streptomyces tsukubaensis by the duplication of two sets of pathway-specific genes individually encoding the biosyntheses of ..
- Dissecting the complete lipoprotein biogenesis pathway in Streptomyces scabiesDavid A Widdick
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK
Mol Microbiol 80:1395-412. 2011..b>Streptomyces are unusual amongst Gram-positive bacteria because they export large numbers of lipoproteins via the twin ..
- Cytotoxic angucycline class glycosides from the deep sea actinomycete Streptomyces lusitanus SCSIO LR32Hongbo Huang
Guangdong Key Laboratory of Marine Materia Medica, RNAM Center for Marine Microbiology, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510301, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 75:202-8. 2012..named grincamycins B-F (1-5), and a known angucycline antibiotic, grincamycin (6), were isolated from Streptomyces lusitanus SCSIO LR32, an actinomycete of deep sea origin...
- Streptocarbazoles A and B, two novel indolocarbazoles from the marine-derived actinomycete strain Streptomyces sp. FMAPeng Fu
Key Laboratory of Marine Drugs, Ministry of Education of China, School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, PR China
Org Lett 14:2422-5. 2012..indole nitrogen atoms of the indolocarbazole core, were isolated from the marine-derived actinomycetes strain Streptomyces sp. FMA...
- A single Streptomyces symbiont makes multiple antifungals to support the fungus farming ant Acromyrmex octospinosusRyan F Seipke
School of Biological Sciences, University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e22028. 2011..Actinobacterial species belonging to the genera Pseudonocardia, Streptomyces and Amycolatopsis have been isolated from attine ant nests and shown to confer protection against a range of ..
- Characterization of the azinomycin B biosynthetic gene cluster revealing a different iterative type I polyketide synthase for naphthoate biosynthesisQunfei Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Bioorganic and Natural Product Chemistry, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 354 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Chem Biol 15:693-705. 2008....
- Strain improvement in actinomycetes in the postgenomic eraRichard H Baltz
CognoGen Biotechnology Consulting, 6438 North Olney Street, Indianapolis, IN 46220, USA
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 38:657-66. 2011..An important observation that emerged from early Streptomyces genome sequencing projects was that each strain contains genes that encode 20 or more potential secondary ..
- Mycangimycin, a polyene peroxide from a mutualist Streptomyces spDong Chan Oh
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Org Lett 11:633-6. 2009..Its structure, absolute configuration, and biological activity were determined by spectral analysis, chemical modification followed by the modified Mosher method, and growth inhibitory assays, respectively...
- Coevolution of antibiotic production and counter-resistance in soil bacteriaParis Laskaris
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Environ Microbiol 12:783-96. 2010..The distribution of the streptomycin (strA) and viomycin (vph) resistance genes was examined in Streptomyces isolates. strA and vph were found either within a biosynthetic gene cluster or independently...
- Identification of the gene cluster for the dithiolopyrrolone antibiotic holomycin in Streptomyces clavuligerusBo Li
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19731-5. 2010b>Streptomyces clavuligerus, an industrially important producer of clavulanate as well as cephem antibiotics, also produces the N-acylated dithiolopyrrolone antibiotic holomycin, a reported inhibitor of RNA synthesis...
- Molecular control of polyene macrolide biosynthesis: direct binding of the regulator PimM to eight promoters of pimaricin genes and identification of binding boxesJavier Santos-Aberturas
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, 24006 Leon, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:9150-61. 2011Control of polyene macrolide production in Streptomyces natalensis is mediated by the transcriptional activator PimM...
- Sceliphrolactam, a polyene macrocyclic lactam from a wasp-associated Streptomyces spDong Chan Oh
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Org Lett 13:752-5. 2011..unreported 26-membered polyene macrocyclic lactam, sceliphrolactam, was isolated from an actinomycete, Streptomyces sp., associated with the mud dauber, Sceliphron caementarium...
- Phenotypic variation in Streptomyces sp. DSM 40537, a lipoteichoic acid producing actinomyceteO Rahman
School of Applied Sciences, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:226-9. 2009To reinvestigate the production of lipoteichoic acid (LTA) by the actinomycete strain Streptomyces sp. DSM 40537 (=ATCC 3351).
- Identification and characterization of a pSLA2 plasmid locus required for linear DNA replication and circular plasmid stable inheritance in Streptomyces lividansZhongjun Qin
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5120, USA
J Bacteriol 185:6575-82. 2003b>Streptomyces linear plasmids and linear chromosomes can replicate also in a circular form when their telomeres are deleted. The 17-kb linear plasmid pSLA2 has been a useful model in studies of such replicons...
- Anti-parasitic compounds from Streptomyces sp. strains isolated from Mediterranean spongesSheila Marie Pimentel-Elardo
Julius von Sachs Institute for Biological Sciences, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Mar Drugs 8:373-80. 2010..In this study, we report on the isolation of Streptomyces sp...
- Identification of extracellular N-acylhomoserine lactone acylase from a Streptomyces sp. and its application to quorum quenchingSun Yang Park
R and D Center, inBioNET Corporation, Daejeon 305 390, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:2632-41. 2005..In this study, strain M664, identified as a Streptomyces sp., was found to secrete an AHL-degrading enzyme into a culture medium...
- Mithramycin SK, a novel antitumor drug with improved therapeutic index, mithramycin SA, and demycarosyl-mithramycin SK: three new products generated in the mithramycin producer Streptomyces argillaceus through combinatorial biosynthesisLily L Remsing
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Kentucky, 907 Rose Street, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0082, USA
J Am Chem Soc 125:5745-53. 2003..MTM), we focused on a post-polyketide synthase (post-PKS) tailoring step of the MTM biosynthesis by Streptomyces argillaceus ATCC 12956, which was proposed to be catalyzed by ketoreductase (KR) MtmW...
- Multiple genetic modifications of the erythromycin polyketide synthase to produce a library of novel "unnatural" natural productsR McDaniel
Kosan Biosciences, Inc, 1450 Rollins Road, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:1846-51. 1999..The manipulation of multiple biosynthetic steps in a PKS is an important milestone toward the goal of producing large libraries of unnatural natural products for biological and pharmaceutical applications...
- Evidence that the extracytoplasmic function sigma factor sigmaE is required for normal cell wall structure in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)M S Paget
John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
J Bacteriol 181:204-11. 1999The sigE gene of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) encodes an RNA polymerase sigma factor belonging to the extracytoplasmic function (ECF) subfamily...
- Mycobacterial linear plasmids have an invertron-like structure related to other linear replicons in actinomycetesM Picardeau
Laboratoire de Référence des Mycobactéries, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Microbiology 144:1981-8. 1998..existed in the structure and terminal nucleotide sequence of pCLP and the termini of linear replicons of Streptomyces and Rhodococcus species, indicating a conservation of these linear extrachromosomal elements within the ..
- Systematic insertional mutagenesis of a streptomycete genome: a link between osmoadaptation and antibiotic productionAmy Bishop
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Genome Res 14:893-900. 2004The model organism Streptomyces coelicolor represents a genus that produces a vast range of bioactive secondary metabolites. We describe a versatile procedure for systematic and comprehensive mutagenesis of the S. coelicolor genome...
- Structural organization of a multifunctional polyketide synthase involved in the biosynthesis of the macrolide immunosuppressant FK506H Motamedi
Dept of Natural Products Drug Discovery, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey 07065, USA
Eur J Biochem 244:74-80. 1997The immunosuppressant FK506 is a 23-membered macrocyclic polyketide produced by several Streptomyces species. Sequencing of a 19.5-kb contiguous segment of DNA from the FK506 gene cluster of Streptomyces sp...
- PolY, a transcriptional regulator with ATPase activity, directly activates transcription of polR in polyoxin biosynthesis in Streptomyces cacaoiRui Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Mol Microbiol 75:349-64. 2010polY, a transcriptional regulatory gene in the polyoxin biosynthetic cluster of Streptomyces cacaoi, was analysed, and its deduced product (PolY) showed amino acid sequence homology to AfsR from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)...
- Symbiotic Streptomycetes provide antibiotic combination prophylaxis for wasp offspringJohannes Kroiss
Research Group Mass Spectrometry, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 6:261-3. 2010Beewolf digger wasps cultivate specific symbiotic bacteria (Streptomyces spp.) that are incorporated into the larval cocoon for protection against pathogens...
- Phenazine natural products: biosynthesis, synthetic analogues, and biological activityJane Buus Laursen
Department of Chemistry, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK 1871 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Chem Rev 104:1663-86. 2004
- A novel class of secreted hydrophobic proteins is involved in aerial hyphae formation in Streptomyces coelicolor by forming amyloid-like fibrilsDennis Claessen
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute GBB, Department of Microbiology, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 17:1714-26. 2003..A class of eight hydrophobic secreted proteins, ChpA-H, was shown to be instrumental in the development of Streptomyces coelicolor...
- The chaplins: a family of hydrophobic cell-surface proteins involved in aerial mycelium formation in Streptomyces coelicolorMarie A Elliot
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Genes Dev 17:1727-40. 2003The filamentous bacterium Streptomyces coelicolor differentiates by forming specialized, spore-bearing aerial hyphae that grow into the air...
- Kinetic and structural analysis of a new group of Acyl-CoA carboxylases found in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Lautaro Diacovich
Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular de Rosario IBR Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas and Departamento de Microbiología, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipaccha 531, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
J Biol Chem 277:31228-36. 2002Two acyl-CoA carboxylases from Streptomyces coelicolor have been successfully reconstituted from their purified components. Both complexes shared the same biotinylated alpha subunit, AccA2...
- An engineered Streptomyces hygroscopicus aph 7" gene mediates dominant resistance against hygromycin B in Chlamydomonas reinhardtiiPeter Berthold
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Universitat Regensburg, NWFIII, Universitatsstrasse 31, D 93040 Regensburg, Germany
Protist 153:401-12. 2002We have developed a positively selectable marker for the green alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii using the Streptomyces hygroscopicus aminoglycoside phosphotransferase gene (aph7"). Its expression is controlled by C...
- Reverse biological engineering of hrdB to enhance the production of avermectins in an industrial strain of Streptomyces avermitilisYing Zhuo
Key Laboratory of Pathogenic Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:11250-4. 2010Avermectin and its analogues are produced by the actinomycete Streptomyces avermitilis and are widely used in the field of animal health, agriculture, and human health...
- Engineering of regulatory cascades and networks controlling antibiotic biosynthesis in StreptomycesJuan Francisco Martín
Area de Microbiologia, Department of Molecular Biology, University of Leon, Leon, Spain
Curr Opin Microbiol 13:263-73. 2010..Two types of regulatory mechanisms have been studied in Streptomyces species: (1) pyramidal cascades of regulation that usually involve a butyrolactone and its receptor protein ..
- Activation of antibiotic biosynthesis by specified mutations in the rpoB gene (encoding the RNA polymerase beta subunit) of Streptomyces lividansHaifeng Hu
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8642, Japan
J Bacteriol 184:3984-91. 2002..activated by introducing certain mutations into the rpoB gene that confer resistance to rifampin to Streptomyces lividans 66, which produces less or no antibiotics under normal growth conditions...
- Evolutionary relationships among diverse bacteriophages and prophages: all the world's a phageR W Hendrix
Pittsburgh Bacteriophage Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2192-7. 1999..genetic connections, not always direct, among the lambdoid phages of Escherichia coli, phage phiC31 of Streptomyces, phages of Mycobacterium, a previously unrecognized cryptic prophage, phiflu, in the Haemophilus influenzae ..
- The two-component phoR-phoP system of Streptomyces natalensis: Inactivation or deletion of phoP reduces the negative phosphate regulation of pimaricin biosynthesisMarta V Mendes
Institute of Biotechnology INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Av del Real no 1, 24006 Leon, Spain
Metab Eng 9:217-27. 2007The biosynthesis of the antifungal pimaricin in Streptomyces natalensis is very sensitive to phosphate regulation. Concentrations of inorganic phosphate above 1mM drastically reduced pimaricin production...
- An efficient gene transfer system for the pimaricin producer Streptomyces natalensisLorena L Enríquez
Instituto de Biotecnologia INBIOTEC, Parque Cientifico de Leon, Leon, Spain
FEMS Microbiol Lett 257:312-8. 2006b>Streptomyces natalensis produces the antifungal polyene macrolide pimaricin. Genetic manipulation of its biosynthetic genes has been hampered by the lack of efficient gene transfer systems...
- Co-production of caffeic acid and p-hydroxybenzoic acid from p-coumaric acid by Streptomyces caeruleus MTCC 6638Ashish Sachan
Natural Product Biotechnology Group, Agricultural and Food Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur, 721 302, India
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 71:720-7. 2006In a culture medium of Streptomyces caeruleus MTCC 6638 grown with p-coumaric acid (5 mM) as the sole source of carbon, co-production of caffeic acid and p-hydroxybenzoic acid was observed...
- Tandem assembly of the epothilone biosynthetic gene cluster by in vitro site-specific recombinationLin Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Microbial Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China Key Laboratory of Synthetic Biology, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200032, China
Sci Rep 1:141. 2011..The system was catalyzed by Streptomyces phage φBT1 integrase, which belongs to the large serine recombinase subfamily...
- Enhanced FK506 production in Streptomyces clavuligerus CKD1119 by engineering the supply of methylmalonyl-CoA precursorSangjoon Mo
Department of Chemistry and Nano Science, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:1473-82. 2009FK506 is a 23-membered polyketide macrolide with immunosuppressant activity produced by Streptomyces species. The production of FK506 in S...
- Functional analysis of the validamycin biosynthetic gene cluster and engineered production of validoxylamine ALinquan Bai
Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism and School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200030, China
Chem Biol 13:387-97. 2006A 45 kb DNA sequencing analysis from Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008 involved in validamycin A (VAL-A) biosynthesis revealed 16 structural genes, 2 regulatory genes, 5 genes related transport, transposition/integration or tellurium ..
- Structural and functional analysis of validoxylamine A 7'-phosphate synthase ValL involved in validamycin A biosynthesisLina Zheng
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Science and Technology, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
PLoS ONE 7:e32033. 2012..In the Val-A biosynthetic gene cluster in Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008, the ORF valL was initially annotated as a validoxylamine A 7'-phosphate(V7P) synthase, ..
- Optimization of extracellular endoxylanase, endoglucanase and peroxidase production by Streptomyces sp. F2621 isolated in TurkeyM Tuncer
Biyoloji Bolumu, Fen Edebiyat Fakultesi, Mersin Universitesi, Ciftlikkoy, Mersin, Turkey
J Appl Microbiol 97:783-91. 2004..To determine the effect of environmental conditions on the production of extracellular lignocellulose-degrading enzymes by Streptomyces sp. F2621 and to assess the potential use of these enzymes in the hydrolysis of lignocellulose material.
- High-resolution crystal structures of the lectin-like xylan binding domain from Streptomyces lividans xylanase 10A with bound substrates reveal a novel mode of xylan bindingValerie Notenboom
Protein Engineering Networks of Centres of Excellence and Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Biotechnology Laboratory, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Biochemistry 41:4246-54. 2002..The C-terminal CBM, CBM13, of xylanase 10A from Streptomyces lividans is a family 13 CBM that is not only structurally similar to the "R-type" lectins but also somewhat ..
- The biosynthetic gene cluster of zorbamycin, a member of the bleomycin family of antitumor antibiotics, from Streptomyces flavoviridis ATCC 21892Ute Galm
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin Madison, 777 Highland Ave, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Mol Biosyst 5:77-90. 2009..for the glycopeptide-derived antitumor antibiotic zorbamycin (ZBM) was cloned by screening a cosmid library of Streptomyces flavoviridis ATCC 21892. Sequence analysis revealed 40 ORFs belonging to the ZBM biosynthetic gene cluster...
- Regio- and stereospecificity of filipin hydroxylation sites revealed by crystal structures of cytochrome P450 105P1 and 105D6 from Streptomyces avermitilisLian Hua Xu
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:16844-53. 2010..CYP105P1 and CYP105D6 from Streptomyces avermitilis, despite their high sequence similarities, catalyze filipin hydroxylation at different positions, ..
- Bioremediation of β-cypermethrin and 3-phenoxybenzaldehyde contaminated soils using Streptomyces aureus HP-S-01Shaohua Chen
Laboratory of Insect Toxicology, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 94:505-15. 2012Using laboratory and field experiments, the ability of Streptomyces aureus HP-S-01 to eliminate β-cypermethrin (β-CP) and its metabolite 3-phenoxybenzaldehyde (3-PBA) in soils was investigated. In the laboratory, 80.5% and 73...
- DNA polymerase I is not required for replication of linear chromosomes in streptomycesTzu Wen Huang
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Genome Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Shih Pai, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Bacteriol 190:755-8. 2008Both polA (encoding DNA polymerase I; Pol I) and a paralog were deleted from Streptomyces strains. Despite the UV sensitivity and slow growth caused by the DeltapolA mutation, the double mutant was viable...
- Studies on a new marine streptomycete BT-408 producing polyketide antibiotic SBR-22 effective against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureusP Sujatha
Department of Biotechnology, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam 530003, India
Microbiol Res 160:119-26. 2005..against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus has been characterized and found to be a novel strain of Streptomyces psammoticus...
- Analysis and manipulation of amphotericin biosynthetic genes by means of modified phage KC515 transduction techniquesMaria Carmody
Department of Industrial Microbiology, Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology, Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Research, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Gene 343:107-15. 2004Amphotericin B is a medically important antifungal antibiotic that is produced by Streptomyces nodosus. Genetic manipulation of this organism has led to production of the first amphotericin analogues by engineered biosynthesis...
- Soil to genomics: the Streptomyces chromosomeDavid A Hopwood
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Genet 40:1-23. 2006The 8-9-Mb Streptomyces chromosome is linear, with a "core" containing essential genes and "arms" carrying conditionally adaptive genes that can sustain large deletions in the laboratory...
- Identification of a gene cluster for antibacterial polyketide-derived antibiotic biosynthesis in the nystatin producer Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455S Zotchev
UNIGEN Center for Molecular Biology and Department of Biotechnology, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Microbiology 146:611-9. 2000b>Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455 produces the antifungal polyene antibiotic nystatin containing the deoxysugar moiety mycosamine...
- Secretory production of recombinant proteins by StreptomycesKristof Vrancken
Rega Institute, Laboratory of Bacteriology, KU Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, Leuven, B 3000, Belgium
Future Microbiol 4:181-8. 2009..origin, are currently only poorly secreted by this host, indicating the need for further optimization of Streptomyces as a production host...
- Characterization and structure of DhpI, a phosphonate O-methyltransferase involved in dehydrophos biosynthesisJin Hee Lee
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 South Mathews Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17557-62. 2010..Interestingly, the enzyme has low substrate specificity and was used to methylate the clinical antibiotic fosfomycin and the antimalaria clinical candidate fosmidomycin, showing its promise for applications in bioengineering...
- SanG, a transcriptional activator, controls nikkomycin biosynthesis through binding to the sanN-sanO intergenic region in Streptomyces ansochromogenesXihong He
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Microbiology 156:828-37. 2010b>Streptomyces ansochromogenes SanG is a pathway-specific regulator that mainly controls the transcription of two transcriptional units involved in nikkomycin biosynthesis...
- A putative two-component signal transduction system regulates sigmaE, a sigma factor required for normal cell wall integrity in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)M S Paget
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 33:97-107. 1999The extracytoplasmic function (ECF) sigma factor, sigmaE, is required for normal cell wall integrity in Streptomyces coelicolor...
- Genetic and physiological determinants of Streptomyces scabies pathogenicitySylvain Lerat
Centre SEVE, Departement de Biologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada, J1K 2R1
Mol Plant Pathol 10:579-85. 2009..It is caused by soil-borne filamentous bacteria belonging to the genus Streptomyces. Streptomycetes usually are saprophytic microorganisms, but a few species have acquired the ability to infect ..
- Draft genome sequence of the marine Streptomyces sp. strain PP-C42, isolated from the Baltic SeaLongjiang Fan
James D Watson Institute of Genome Sciences and Institute of Crop Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
J Bacteriol 193:3691-2. 2011b>Streptomyces, a branch of aerobic Gram-positive bacteria, represents the largest genus of actinobacteria...
- Streptomyces sudanensis sp. nov., a new pathogen isolated from patients with actinomycetomaErika T Quintana
School of Biology, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 93:305-13. 2008Nine strains isolated from mycetoma patients and received as Streptomyces somaliensis were the subject of a polyphasic taxonomic study...
- Sponge-derived Streptomyces producing isoprenoids via the mevalonate pathwayMiho Izumikawa
Biomedicinal Information Research Center, Japan Biological Informatics Consortium, 2 4 7 Aomi, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 0064, Japan
J Nat Prod 73:208-12. 2010..As a result, Streptomyces sp. SpC080624SC-11 isolated from a marine sponge, Cinachyra sp...
- A bacterial glycosyltransferase gene toolbox: generation and applicationsAnnette Erb
Albert Ludwigs Universitat, Institut für Pharmazeutische Wissenschaften, Pharmazeutische Biologie und Biotechnologie, Freiburg, Germany
Phytochemistry 70:1812-21. 2009..Investigations of the function, specificity and structure of these glycosyltransferases help to understand the great potential of these enzymes for natural product biosynthesis...
- Nucleotide sequence of the phosphinothricin N-acetyltransferase gene from Streptomyces viridochromogenes Tü494 and its expression in Nicotiana tabacumW Wohlleben
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Fakultat fur Biologie, Universitat Bielefeld, F R G
Gene 70:25-37. 1988The phosphinothricin (Pt) N-acetyltransferase gene (pat) of Streptomyces viridochromogenes Tü494 is located on a 0.8-kb BglII fragment [Strauch et al., Gene 63 (1988) 65-74]. By sequencing a 1...
- Ketopremithramycins and ketomithramycins, four new aureolic acid-type compounds obtained upon inactivation of two genes involved in the biosynthesis of the deoxysugar moieties of the antitumor drug mithramycin by Streptomyces argillaceus, reveal novel insLily L Remsing
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Medical University of South Carolina, 280 Calhoun Street, P O Box 250140, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:1606-14. 2002Mithramycin is an aureolic acid-type antimicrobial and antitumor agent produced by Streptomyces argillaceus...
- The transglutaminase activating metalloprotease inhibitor from Streptomyces mobaraensis is a glutamine and lysine donor substrate of the intrinsic transglutaminaseSusan Schmidt
Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, University for Applied Sciences of Darmstadt, Schnittspahnstrasse 12, D 64287 Darmstadt, Germany
FEBS Lett 582:3132-8. 2008Transglutaminase (TGase) from Streptomyces mobaraensis is an extra-cellular enzyme that cross-links proteins to high molecular weight aggregates...
- Crystal structure of a gamma-butyrolactone autoregulator receptor protein in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Ryo Natsume
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, 113 8657, Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Biol 336:409-19. 2004The gamma-butyrolactone-type autoregulator/receptor systems in the Gram-positive bacterial genus Streptomyces regulate morphological differentiation or antibiotic production, or both...
- The novel extracellular Streptomyces reticuli haem-binding protein HbpS influences the production of the catalase-peroxidase CpeBDarío Ortiz de Orué Lucana
Universitat Osnabruck, FB Biologie Chemie, Barbarastrasse 11, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Microbiology 150:2575-85. 2004The Gram-positive soil bacterium and cellulose degrader Streptomyces reticuli synthesizes the mycelium-associated enzyme CpeB, which displays haem-dependent catalase and peroxidase activity, as well as haem-independent manganese-..
- Lambda red-mediated genetic manipulation of antibiotic-producing StreptomycesBertolt Gust
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Adv Appl Microbiol 54:107-28. 2004
- ENGINEERING PRECURSOR SUPPLY FOR POLYKETIDE BIOSYNTHESISKevin Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using the monensin producer Streptomyces cinnamononensis as a host the role of propionyl CoA carboxylase, crotonyl CoA reductase, isobutyryl CoA mutase, ..
- CARDIOPROTECTIVE AGENTS IN ISCHEMIC MYOCYTESRICHARD HONKANEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The applicants have found a novel compound, fostriecin, which has been purified from the fermentation broth of Streptomyces pulveraceus, and which has a pronounced cardioprotective effect in ischemic rabbit hearts...
- Biosynthesis of Microbial IsoprenoidsDavid E Cane; Fiscal Year: 2010..such as the antibiotic pentalenolactone or the volatile organic geosmin, the odoriferous constituent of Streptomyces and of blue-green algae that is responsible for the characteristic earthy smell of freshly turned soil as well ..
- Mechanistic X-Ray Crystallography of Mononuclear Iron Enzymes, TauD and HppEDanny Yun; Fiscal Year: 2007..dioxygenase (TauD)from Escherichia coli and S-(2)-hydroxypropylphosphonic acid epoxidase (HppE)from Streptomyces wedmorensis...
- Structural Basis for Bridged Bimetallic Enzyme CatalysisDagmar Ringe; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have selected two enzymes, Streptomyces olivochromogenes xylose isomerase (Xyl) and Aeromonas proteolytica aminopeptidase (AAP), as primary model ..
- Structural Basis for Bridged Bimetallic Enzyme CatalysisDagmar Ringe; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have selected two enzymes, Streptomyces olivochromogenes xylose isomerase (Xyl) and Aeromonas proteolytica aminopeptidase (AAP), as primary model ..
- Cell Division Control and Virulence in MycobacteriaWilliam Bishai; Fiscal Year: 2005..regulatory genes led to the isolation of the Mycobacterium smegmatis whmD gene which encodes a homologue of the Streptomyces coelicolor WhiB protein required for early sporulation control. Unlike its Streptomyces homologue, M...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF CYCLOPENTANOIDSRonald Parry; Fiscal Year: 1993..The first is the nucleoside antibiotic aristeromycin, a cyclopentyl analog of adenosine produced by Streptomyces citricolor and accompanied by the closely related antitumor and antiviral agent neplanocin A...
- 2nd ASM Conference on Cell-Cell CommunicationBonnie Bassler; Fiscal Year: 2004..and Vibrio harveyi, the conjugal transfer system of Enterococcus faecatis, the production of antibiotics by Streptomyces spp., and the development of multicellular fruiting bodies of Myxococcus xanthus...
- CYCLOHEXANECARBOXYLIC ACID AND POLYKETIDE BIOSYNTHESISKevin Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..Combining five CHC-CoA biosynthetic genes from the ansatrienin biosynthesis gene cluster of Streptomyces collznus with the avermectin biosynthetic genes in an Streptomyces a vermitilis host, has resulted in an ..
- Biosynthesis of hypermodified gaunosines.Valerie De Crecy Lagard; Fiscal Year: 2010..a variety of natural products such as the antitumor antibiotics toyocamycin,sangivamycin, and tubercidin from Streptomyces. The biosynthetic pathways to these deazapurines are poorly understood, a fact that has stymied functional ..
- Biosynthesis of hypermodified guanosinesValerie De Crecy Lagard; Fiscal Year: 2007..a variety of natural products such as the antitumor antibiotics toyocamycin, sangivamycin, and tubercidin from Streptomyces. The biosynthetic pathways to these deazapurines are poorly understood, a fact that has stymied functional ..
- IRON CHELATORS PREDICATED ON DESFERRITHIOCINRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Desferrithiocin (DFT), a natural product iron chelator (siderophore) isolated from Streptomyces antibioticus, is one of the most orally effective iron chelating agents yet identified but renal toxicity ..
- NOVEL AUREOLIC ACID TYPE ANTITUMOR AGENTSJurgen Rohr; Fiscal Year: 2005..by applicant):Mithramycin (MTM) is an aureolic acid antimicrobial and antitumor agent produced by various Streptomyces species including S. argillaceus, which has been used, e.g., for the treatment of testicular carcinoma...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF MICROBIAL NATURAL PRODUCTSDAVID CANE; Fiscal Year: 1993..2) The structural gene for the sesquiterpene cyclase, pentalenene synthase, a Streptomyces enzyme which catalyzes the cyclization of farnesyl diphosphate (8) to pentalenene (5), the parent hydrocarbon ..
- S. coelicolor P450s: Structure/Function/EngineeringMICHAEL R contact WATERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Streptomyces coelicolor is the prototypic Streptomycete spp. Its physiological and genetic properties have been studied extensively...
- Regulation of Streptomyces coelicolor Development-AREAAMY GEHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this application is to understand the molecular events that occur during development of the model bacterium Streptomyces coelicolor...
- Site-specific transgenesis in zebrafishJAMES LISTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this project is to assess the utility of another such SSR, the integrase encoded by the Streptomyces bacteriophage phiC31, for manipulation of the zebrafish genome...