Summary: A genus of bacteria that form a nonfragmented aerial mycelium. Many species have been identified with some being pathogenic. This genus is responsible for producing a majority of the ANTI-BACTERIAL AGENTS of practical value.
Publications228 found, 100 shown here
- Study of the bldG locus suggests that an anti-anti-sigma factor and an anti-sigma factor may be involved in Streptomyces coelicolor antibiotic production and sporulationD R Bignell
Department of Biological Sciences, CW405 Biological Sciences Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Microbiology 146:2161-73. 2000..When compared to the wild-type strain, the null mutant showed no differences in the levels of transcription from the two bldG promoters. These results suggest that bldG is not involved in autoregulation...
- The sequence of a 1.8-mb bacterial linear plasmid reveals a rich evolutionary reservoir of secondary metabolic pathwaysMarnix H Medema
Department of Microbial Physiology, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Haren, The Netherlands
Genome Biol Evol 2:212-24. 2010..Genome sequencing of Streptomyces clavuligerus ATCC 27064, a Gram-positive soil bacterium known for its production of a diverse array of ..
- Identification and characterization of a pSLA2 plasmid locus required for linear DNA replication and circular plasmid stable inheritance in Streptomyces lividansZhongjun Qin
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305-5120, USA
J Bacteriol 185:6575-82. 2003b>Streptomyces linear plasmids and linear chromosomes can replicate also in a circular form when their telomeres are deleted. The 17-kb linear plasmid pSLA2 has been a useful model in studies of such replicons...
- Anti-parasitic compounds from Streptomyces sp. strains isolated from Mediterranean spongesSheila Marie Pimentel-Elardo
Julius von Sachs Institute for Biological Sciences, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Mar Drugs 8:373-80. 2010..In this study, we report on the isolation of Streptomyces sp...
- Kinetic and structural analysis of a new group of Acyl-CoA carboxylases found in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Lautaro Diacovich
, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Suipaccha 531, 2000 Rosario, Argentina
J Biol Chem 277:31228-36. 2002Two acyl-CoA carboxylases from Streptomyces coelicolor have been successfully reconstituted from their purified components. Both complexes shared the same biotinylated alpha subunit, AccA2...
- Discovery of unique lanthionine synthetases reveals new mechanistic and evolutionary insightsYuki Goto
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Biol 8:e1000339. 2010..consist of three distinct catalytic domains and demonstrate in vitro enzyme activity of a family member from Streptomyces venezuelae...
- BialaphosC J Thompson
Department of Microbiology, , Switzerland
Biotechnology 28:197-222. 1995
- Piperazimycins: cytotoxic hexadepsipeptides from a marine-derived bacterium of the genus StreptomycesEric D Miller
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0204, USA
J Org Chem 72:323-30. 2007..potent cancer cell cytotoxins, piperazimycins A-C (1-3), have been isolated from the fermentation broth of a Streptomyces sp., cultivated from marine sediments near the island of Guam...
- A repressor-response regulator gene pair controlling jadomycin B production in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230K Yang
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Gene 279:165-73. 2001..of the putative repressor gene (jadR(2)) in the jad cluster for biosynthesis of the antibiotic jadomycin B in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230...
- A large, mobile pathogenicity island confers plant pathogenicity on Streptomyces speciesJohan A Kers
Department of Plant Pathology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Mol Microbiol 55:1025-33. 2005Potato scab is a globally important disease caused by polyphyletic plant pathogenic Streptomyces species...
- Phenotypic variation in Streptomyces sp. DSM 40537, a lipoteichoic acid producing actinomyceteO Rahman
School of Applied Sciences, Northumbria University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:226-9. 2009To reinvestigate the production of lipoteichoic acid (LTA) by the actinomycete strain Streptomyces sp. DSM 40537 (=ATCC 3351).
- Highly efficient in vitro site-specific recombination system based on streptomyces phage phiBT1 integraseLin Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Microbial Engineering, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
J Bacteriol 190:6392-7. 2008The Streptomyces phage phiBT1 encodes a site-specific integrase of the large serine recombinase subfamily. In this report, the enzymatic activity of the phiBT1 integrase was characterized in vitro...
- Conversion of vitamin D3 to 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 by Streptomyces griseolus cytochrome P450SU-1Natsumi Sawada
Division of Food Science and Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 320:156-64. 2004b>Streptomyces griseolus cytochrome P450SU-1 (CYP105A1) was expressed in Escherichia coli at a level of 1.0 micromol/L culture and purified with a specific content of 18.0 nmol/mg protein...
- Lambda red-mediated genetic manipulation of antibiotic-producing StreptomycesBertolt Gust
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UH, United Kingdom
Adv Appl Microbiol 54:107-28. 2004
- The novel extracellular Streptomyces reticuli haem-binding protein HbpS influences the production of the catalase-peroxidase CpeBDarío Ortiz de Orué Lucana
Universitat Osnabruck, FB Biologie Chemie, Barbarastrasse 11, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Microbiology 150:2575-85. 2004The Gram-positive soil bacterium and cellulose degrader Streptomyces reticuli synthesizes the mycelium-associated enzyme CpeB, which displays haem-dependent catalase and peroxidase activity, as well as haem-independent manganese-..
- Biocomputational prediction of small non-coding RNAs in StreptomycesJosef Panek
Laboratory of Bioinformatics, Institute of Microbiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
BMC Genomics 9:217. 2008The first systematic study of small non-coding RNAs (sRNA, ncRNA) in Streptomyces is presented. Except for a few exceptions, the Streptomyces sRNAs, as well as the sRNAs in other genera of the Actinomyces group, have remained unstudied...
- Characterization of replication and conjugation of Streptomyces circular plasmids pFP1 and pFP11 and their ability to propagate in linear mode with artificially attached telomeresRan Zhang
Shanghai Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 300 Fenglin Road, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:3368-76. 2008Many Streptomyces species harbor circular plasmids (8 to 31 kb) as well as linear plasmids (12 to 1,700 kb). We report the characterization of two newly detected circular plasmids, pFP11 (35,139 bp) and pFP1 (39,360 bp)...
- FramePlot: a new implementation of the frame analysis for predicting protein-coding regions in bacterial DNA with a high G + C contentJ Ishikawa
Department of Bioactive Molecules, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Tokyo, Japan
FEMS Microbiol Lett 174:251-3. 1999..is a web-based tool for predicting protein-coding regions in bacterial DNA with a high G + C content, such as Streptomyces. The graphical output provides for easy distinction of protein-coding regions from non-coding regions...
- Mycangimycin, a polyene peroxide from a mutualist Streptomyces spDong Chan Oh
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Org Lett 11:633-6. 2009..Its structure, absolute configuration, and biological activity were determined by spectral analysis, chemical modification followed by the modified Mosher method, and growth inhibitory assays, respectively...
- Brewer's spent grain and corn steep liquor as substrates for cellulolytic enzymes production by Streptomyces malaysiensisR P Nascimento
Centro de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidade Federal do Recôncavo da Bahia, Ambientais e Biológicas, Cruz das Almas, Brazil
Lett Appl Microbiol 48:529-35. 2009To evaluate cellulase production by Streptomyces malaysiensis in submerged fermentation using brewer's spent grain (BSG) and wheat bran (WB) as carbon source, and corn steep liquor (CSL) as nitrogen source, as compared to yeast extract (..
- Identification of the gene cluster for the dithiolopyrrolone antibiotic holomycin in Streptomyces clavuligerusBo Li
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19731-5. 2010b>Streptomyces clavuligerus, an industrially important producer of clavulanate as well as cephem antibiotics, also produces the N-acylated dithiolopyrrolone antibiotic holomycin, a reported inhibitor of RNA synthesis...
- Draft genome sequence of Streptomyces clavuligerus NRRL 3585, a producer of diverse secondary metabolitesJu Yeon Song
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology KRIBB, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
J Bacteriol 192:6317-8. 2010b>Streptomyces clavuligerus is an important industrial strain that produces a number of antibiotics, including clavulanic acid and cephamycin C. A high-quality draft genome sequence of the S...
- Specialized osmotic stress response systems involve multiple SigB-like sigma factors in Streptomyces coelicolorPatrick H Viollier
Division of Molecular Microbiology, Biozentrum, University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 70, CH-4056 Basel, Switzerland
Mol Microbiol 47:699-714. 2003..SigB) is induced by different physiological and environmental stresses (heat, salt or ethanol shock), in Streptomyces coelicolor, these environmental stresses induce independent sets of proteins, and its genome encodes nine SigB ..
- Symbiotic Streptomycetes provide antibiotic combination prophylaxis for wasp offspringJohannes Kroiss
Research Group Mass Spectrometry, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Jena, Germany
Nat Chem Biol 6:261-3. 2010Beewolf digger wasps cultivate specific symbiotic bacteria (Streptomyces spp.) that are incorporated into the larval cocoon for protection against pathogens...
- Crystal structure of a gamma-butyrolactone autoregulator receptor protein in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)Ryo Natsume
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, 113 8657, Tokyo, Japan
J Mol Biol 336:409-19. 2004The gamma-butyrolactone-type autoregulator/receptor systems in the Gram-positive bacterial genus Streptomyces regulate morphological differentiation or antibiotic production, or both...
- PolY, a transcriptional regulator with ATPase activity, directly activates transcription of polR in polyoxin biosynthesis in Streptomyces cacaoiRui Li
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Mol Microbiol 75:349-64. 2010polY, a transcriptional regulatory gene in the polyoxin biosynthetic cluster of Streptomyces cacaoi, was analysed, and its deduced product (PolY) showed amino acid sequence homology to AfsR from Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)...
- Autoregulation of antibiotic biosynthesis by binding of the end product to an atypical response regulatorLinqi Wang
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:8617-22. 2009..However, such mechanisms have not been established. JadR1, an OmpR-type ARR of Streptomyces venezuelae, appears to activate the transcription of jadomycin B (JdB) biosynthetic genes while repressing its ..
- Detoxification of azo dyes by a novel pH-versatile, salt-resistant laccase from Streptomyces ipomoeaJosé M Molina-Guijarro
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Int Microbiol 12:13-21. 2009A newly identified extracellular laccase produced by Streptomyces ipomoea CECT 3341 (SilA) was cloned and overexpressed, and its physicochemical characteristics assessed together with its capability to decolorize and detoxify an azotype ..
- Coronamycins, peptide antibiotics produced by a verticillate Streptomyces sp. (MSU-2110) endophytic on Monstera spDavid Ezra
Department of Plant Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717, USA
Microbiology 150:785-93. 2004..0 ng ml(-1). Coronamycin is produced by a verticillate Streptomyces sp. isolated as an endophyte from an epiphytic vine, Monstera sp...
- The chaplins: a family of hydrophobic cell-surface proteins involved in aerial mycelium formation in Streptomyces coelicolorMarie A Elliot
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Genes Dev 17:1727-40. 2003The filamentous bacterium Streptomyces coelicolor differentiates by forming specialized, spore-bearing aerial hyphae that grow into the air...
- A novel class of secreted hydrophobic proteins is involved in aerial hyphae formation in Streptomyces coelicolor by forming amyloid-like fibrilsDennis Claessen
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB, Department of Microbiology, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 17:1714-26. 2003..A class of eight hydrophobic secreted proteins, ChpA-H, was shown to be instrumental in the development of Streptomyces coelicolor...
- Genome shuffling leads to rapid phenotypic improvement in bacteriaYing-Xin Zhang
Maxygen, 515 Galveston Drive, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
Nature 415:644-6. 2002..We demonstrate the use of this approach through the rapid improvement of tylosin production from Streptomyces fradiae...
- Genetic and transcriptional analysis of absA, an antibiotic gene cluster-linked two-component system that regulates multiple antibiotics in Streptomyces coelicolorT B Anderson
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824-1101, USA
Mol Microbiol 39:553-66. 2001In Streptomyces coelicolor, the AbsA1-AbsA2 two-component system regulates the expression of multiple antibiotic gene clusters...
- Chinikomycins A and B: isolation, structure elucidation, and biological activity of novel antibiotics from a marine Streptomyces sp. isolate M045Fuchao Li
Department of Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, , Tammannstrasse 2, , Germany
J Nat Prod 68:349-53. 2005..They exhibited antitumor activity against different human cancer cell lines, but were inactive in antiviral, antimicrobial, and phytotoxicity tests...
- Identification of extracellular N-acylhomoserine lactone acylase from a Streptomyces sp. and its application to quorum quenchingSun-Yang Park
R and D Center, inBioNET Corporation, Daejeon 305-390, Korea
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:2632-41. 2005..In this study, strain M664, identified as a Streptomyces sp., was found to secrete an AHL-degrading enzyme into a culture medium...
- A putative two-component signal transduction system regulates sigmaE, a sigma factor required for normal cell wall integrity in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)M S Paget
John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 33:97-107. 1999The extracytoplasmic function (ECF) sigma factor, sigmaE, is required for normal cell wall integrity in Streptomyces coelicolor...
- Regulation of the Streptomyces coelicolor calcium-dependent antibiotic by absA, encoding a cluster-linked two-component systemN Jamie Ryding
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
J Bacteriol 184:794-805. 2002The Streptomyces coelicolor absA two-component system was initially identified through analysis of mutations in the sensor kinase absA1 that caused inhibition of all four antibiotics synthesized by this strain...
- Characterization of an inducible vancomycin resistance system in Streptomyces coelicolor reveals a novel gene (vanK) required for drug resistanceHee Jeon Hong
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 52:1107-21. 2004..We have characterized a cluster of seven genes (vanSRJKHAX) in Streptomyces coelicolor that confers inducible, high-level vancomycin resistance...
- SCP1, a 356,023 bp linear plasmid adapted to the ecology and developmental biology of its host, Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2)S D Bentley
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SA, UK
Mol Microbiol 51:1615-28. 2004The sequencing of the entire genetic complement of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) has been completed with the determination of the 365,023 bp sequence of the linear plasmid SCP1...
- The conjugative plasmid SLP2 of Streptomyces lividans is a 50 kb linear moleculeC W Chen
Institute of Genetics, National Yang Ming Medical College, Shih Pai, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Microbiol 7:925-32. 1993The SLP2 plasmid had previously been demonstrated genetically to exist in Streptomyces lividans by its ability to promote conjugation and to elicit 'pocks' on recipient (SLP2-) cultures, but it had not been physically detected...
- The Streptomyces coelicolor whiB gene encodes a small transcription factor-like protein dispensable for growth but essential for sporulationN K Davis
John Innes Institute, John Innes Centre for Plant Science Research, Norwich, UK
Mol Gen Genet 232:351-8. 1992A non-sporulating mutant (whiB218) of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2), which proved to contain a deletion of more than 5 kb of DNA including whiB, was complemented by a small cloned DNA fragment, deduced from DNA sequencing to encode a ..
- The structural genes encoding CO dehydrogenase subunits (cox L, M and S) in Pseudomonas carboxydovorans OM5 reside on plasmid pHCG3 and are, with the exception of Streptomyces thermoautotrophicus, conserved in carboxydotrophic bacteriaI Hugendieck
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Bayreuth, Federal Republic of Germany
Arch Microbiol 157:301-4. 1992..However, Streptomyces thermoautotrophicus is an noteworthy exception since none of the three cox genes could be detected...
- Streptomyces thermocarboxydovorans sp. nov. and Streptomyces thermocarboxydus sp. nov., two moderately thermophilic carboxydotrophic species from soilS B Kim
Department of Microbiology, The Medical School, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Int J Syst Bacteriol 48:59-68. 1998..It was evident from the phylogenetic analyses that strains AT50, AT51 and AT52 were most closely related to Streptomyces thermodiastaticus DSM 40573T and strain AT37 to Streptomyces glaucescens DSM 40716 and Streptomyces ..
- Crystal structures of the sugar complexes of Streptomyces olivaceoviridis E-86 xylanase: sugar binding structure of the family 13 carbohydrate binding moduleZui Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8602, Japan
J Mol Biol 316:65-78. 2002The family 10 xylanase from Streptomyces olivaceoviridis E-86 contains a (beta/alpha)(8)-barrel as a catalytic domain, a family 13 carbohydrate binding module (CBM) as a xylan binding domain (XBD) and a Gly/Pro-rich linker between them...
- Cloning, nucleotide sequence, and transcriptional analysis of the nusG gene of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2), which encodes a putative transcriptional antiterminatorC Puttikhunt
Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University, Japan
Mol Gen Genet 247:118-22. 1995A 3 kb genomic fragment containing the nusG gene of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) was identified, cloned and sequenced...
- Xylanase and mannanase enzymes from Streptomyces galbus NR and their use in biobleaching of softwood kraft pulpAmany L Kansoh
Microbial Chemistry Department and Cellulose and Paper Laboratory, National Research Centre, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 85:103-14. 2004..Enzymes were obtained from Streptomyces galbus NR that had been cultivated in a medium, containing either xylan of sugar cane bagasse or galactomannan ..
- Activation and expression of proteins during synchronous germination of aerial spores of Streptomyces granaticolorJan Bobek
Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic
Proteomics 4:3864-80. 2004Synchronously germinating aerial spores of Streptomyces granaticolor were used to study protein activation and expression during the transition from dormant to metabolically active vegetative forms...
- The pleiotropic regulator AdpA-L directly controls the pathway-specific activator of nikkomycin biosynthesis in Streptomyces ansochromogenesYuanyuan Pan
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
Mol Microbiol 72:710-23. 2009The nikkomycin-producing strain Streptomyces ansochromogenes has a homologue (adpA-L) of the key pleiotropic Streptomyces regulatory gene adpA...
- The fused TrpEG from Streptomyces venezuelae is an anthranilate synthase, not a 2-amino-4-deoxyisochorismate (ADIC) synthaseMeseret Ashenafi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Ethn Dis 18:S2-9-13. 2008The chloramphenicol producer Streptomyces venezuelae contains an enzyme, SvTrpEG, that has a high degree of amino acid sequence similarity to the phenazine biosynthetic enzyme PhzE of certain species of Pseudomonas...
- Plasmid transfer from Streptomyces to Mycobacterium smegmatis by spontaneous transformationApoorva Bhatt
Department of Genetics, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich NR4 7UH, UK
Mol Microbiol 43:135-46. 2002Hybrids of the Streptomyces coelicolor conjugative plasmid SCP2* and the Mycobacterium plasmid pAL5000 were transferred from Streptomyces coelicolor or Streptomyces lividans to Mycobacterium smegmatis mc2155 in plate crosses...
- SanG, a transcriptional activator, controls nikkomycin biosynthesis through binding to the sanN-sanO intergenic region in Streptomyces ansochromogenesXihong He
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, China
Microbiology 156:828-37. 2010b>Streptomyces ansochromogenes SanG is a pathway-specific regulator that mainly controls the transcription of two transcriptional units involved in nikkomycin biosynthesis...
- Cloning and characterization of a gene (msdA) encoding methylmalonic acid semialdehyde dehydrogenase from Streptomyces coelicolorY X Zhang
School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Bacteriol 178:490-5. 1996..MSDH) and is involved in valine catabolism in pseudomonads and mammals, was cloned and sequenced from Streptomyces coelicolor...
- The heme-binding protein HbpS regulates the activity of the Streptomyces reticuli iron-sensing histidine kinase SenS in a redox-dependent mannerGabriele Bogel
FB Biologie Chemie, Angewandte Genetik der Mikroorganismen, Universitat Osnabruck, Barbarastr 13, 49069, Osnabruck, Germany
Amino Acids 37:681-91. 2009The SenS/SenR system of Streptomyces reticuli regulates the expression of the redox regulator FurS, the catalase-peroxidase CpeB and the heme-binding protein HbpS...
- Isolation and structure elucidation of diazaquinomycin C from a terrestrial Streptomyces sp. and confirmation of the akashin structureR P Maskey
Department of Organic Chemistry, , Tammannstrasse 2, , Germany
Nat Prod Res 19:137-42. 2005..The same strain additionally produced the akashins 1a-1c. The configuration of the N-O acetale bond in these rare glycosylated dichloroindigo derivatives was confirmed to be beta...
- Effect of fermentation temperature on validamycin A production by Streptomyces hygroscopicus 5008Yueqiao Liao
Key Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism, Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 800 Dong Chuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
J Biotechnol 142:271-4. 2009Validamycin A (VAL-A), produced by Streptomyces hygroscopicus, is an important anti-fungal agro-antibiotic. In this work, the effect of fermentation temperature on VAL-A biosynthesis by S...
- Two relA/spoT homologous genes are involved in the morphological and physiological differentiation of Streptomyces clavuligerusWook Jin
School of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Microbiology 150:1485-93. 2004..involvement of the unusual nucleotide (p)ppGpp during the morphological and physiological differentiation of Streptomyces clavuligerus...
- Cellulase production by Streptomyces viridobrunneus SCPE-09 using lignocellulosic biomass as inducer substrateFábio Nuno Marques Da Vinha
Dep Microbiologia Geral, Instituto de Microbiologia Prof Paulo de Goes, CCS, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 164:256-67. 2011An actinomycete strain, isolated from a soil sample under a sugar cane plantation in Brazil and identified as Streptomyces viridobrunneus SCPE-09, was selected as a promising cellulolytic strain, and tested for its ability to produce ..
- Excisable cassettes: new tools for functional analysis of Streptomyces genomesAlain Raynal
Laboratoire Microbiologie Moléculaire des Actinomycètes, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, UMR CNRS 8621, Bat 400, Universite Paris Sud, F 91405 Orsay, France
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4839-44. 2006..antibiotic resistance genes flanked by the attL and attR sites resulting from site-specific integration of the Streptomyces pSAM2 element...
- Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) plasmid SCP2*: deductions from the complete sequenceIris Haug
, , Allmandring 31, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Microbiology 149:505-13. 2003Plasmid SCP2* is a 31 kb, circular, low-copy-number plasmid originally identified in Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) as a fertility factor. The plasmid was completely sequenced...
- Five mutations in N-terminus confer thermostability on mesophilic xylanaseShan Zhang
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 395:200-6. 2010..The thermostability of the mesophilic xylanase SoxB from Streptomyces olivaceovirdis was significantly improved by substituting its 33 N-terminal amino acid residues with the ..
- The phosphotransferase system (PTS) of Streptomyces coelicolor identification and biochemical analysis of a histidine phosphocarrier protein HPr encoded by the gene ptsHS Parche
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Friedrich Alexander Universitat Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Biochem 265:308-17. 1999..We have purified HPr from Streptomyces coelicolor cell extracts. The N-terminal sequence matched the product of an S...
- Desferrioxamine E produced by Streptomyces griseus stimulates growth and development of Streptomyces tanashiensisKazuki Yamanaka
Life Science Research Center, College of Bioresource Sciences, Nihon University, 1866 Kameino, Fujisawa 252-8510, Japan
Microbiology 151:2899-905. 2005The authors previously reported that interspecific stimulatory events between Streptomyces species for antibiotic production and/or morphological differentiation mediated by putative diffusible metabolites take place at a high frequency...
- Identification of a gene cluster for antibacterial polyketide-derived antibiotic biosynthesis in the nystatin producer Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455S Zotchev
UNIGEN Center for Molecular Biology and Department of Biotechnology, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
Microbiology 146:611-9. 2000b>Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455 produces the antifungal polyene antibiotic nystatin containing the deoxysugar moiety mycosamine...
- Cloning, sequencing and heterologous expression of the medermycin biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces sp. AM-7161: towards comparative analysis of the benzoisochromanequinone gene clustersKoji Ichinose
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Microbiology 149:1633-45. 2003Medermycin is a Streptomyces aromatic C-glycoside antibiotic classified in the benzoisochromanequinones (BIQs), which presents several interesting biosynthetic problems concerning polyketide synthase (PKS), post-PKS tailoring and ..
- Starter unit choice determines the production of two tetraene macrolides, rimocidin and CE-108, in Streptomyces diastaticus var. 108Elena M Seco
, Campus de la UAM, 28049 Cantoblanco, Madrid, Spain
Chem Biol 11:357-66. 2004b>Streptomyces diastaticus var. 108, a newly isolated strain, produces two closely related tetraene macrolides (rimocidin and CE-108) as well as oxytetracycline. A region of 19,065 base pairs of DNA from the S. diastaticus var...
- Cloning and characterization of genes encoded in dTDP-D-mycaminose biosynthetic pathway from a midecamycin-producing strain, Streptomyces mycarofaciensLina Cong
College of Biology and Food Technology, Dalian Institute of Light Industry, Dalian, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 39:187-93. 2007Two subclusters from Streptomyces mycarofaciens, a midecamycin producer, were cloned and partially sequenced. One region was located at the 5' end of the mid polyketide synthase (PKS) genes and contained the genes midA, midB and midC...
- In vivo analysis of the regulatory genes in the nystatin biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455 reveals their differential control over antibiotic biosynthesisOlga N Sekurova
Department of Biotechnology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, N-7491 Trondheim. SINTEF Industrial Biotechnology, SINTEF, N-7034 Trondheim, Norway
J Bacteriol 186:1345-54. 2004Six putative regulatory genes are located at the flank of the nystatin biosynthetic gene cluster in Streptomyces noursei ATCC 11455...
- Systematic insertional mutagenesis of a streptomycete genome: a link between osmoadaptation and antibiotic productionAmy Bishop
School of Biological Sciences, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Genome Res 14:893-900. 2004The model organism Streptomyces coelicolor represents a genus that produces a vast range of bioactive secondary metabolites. We describe a versatile procedure for systematic and comprehensive mutagenesis of the S. coelicolor genome...
- Analysis of the loading and hydroxylation steps in lankamycin biosynthesis in Streptomyces rocheiKenji Arakawa
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Graduate School of Advanced Sciences of Matter, Hiroshima University, Japan
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1946-52. 2006..of lankamycin (LM), a 14-member macrolide antibiotic, is encoded on the 210-kb linear plasmid pSLA2-L in Streptomyces rochei 7434AN4...
- The large linear plasmid pSLA2-L of Streptomyces rochei has an unusually condensed gene organization for secondary metabolismSusumu Mochizuki
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Hiroshima University, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8530, Japan
Mol Microbiol 48:1501-10. 2003The complete nucleotide sequence of the large linear plasmid pSLA2-L in Streptomyces rochei strain 7434AN4 has been determined. pSLA2-L was found to be 210 614 bp long with a GC content of 72.8% and carries 143 open reading frames...
- Identification of TmcN as a pathway-specific positive regulator of tautomycetin biosynthesis in Streptomyces sp. CK4412Yoon Ah Hur
Department of Biological Engineering, Inha University, Incheon 402 751, Korea
Microbiology 154:2912-9. 2008..Gene disruption of tmcN from the Streptomyces sp...
- Organization of the biosynthetic gene cluster in Streptomyces sp. DSM 4137 for the novel neuroprotectant polyketide meridamycinYuhui Sun
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Microbiology 152:3507-15. 2006..to encode biosynthesis of meridamycin was cloned from the prolific secondary-metabolite-producing strain Streptomyces sp...
- Organization of the biosynthetic gene cluster for the macrolide antibiotic spiramycin in Streptomyces ambofaciensFatma Karray
CNRS UMR8621, Universite Paris Sud, Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, Batiment 400, F 91405 Orsay cedex, France
Microbiology 153:4111-22. 2007Spiramycin, a 16-membered macrolide antibiotic used in human medicine, is produced by Streptomyces ambofaciens; it comprises a polyketide lactone, platenolide, to which three deoxyhexose sugars are attached...
- The LuxR family members GdmRI and GdmRII are positive regulators of geldanamycin biosynthesis in Streptomyces hygroscopicus 17997Weiqing He
Key Laboratory of Biotechnology of Antibiotics, Ministry of Health, Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Arch Microbiol 189:501-10. 2008..Inactivation by gene replacement of gdmRI or gdmRII in the Streptomyces hygroscopicus 17997 genome resulted in a complete loss of geldanamycin production...
- Organization of the biosynthetic gene cluster for the macrolide concanamycin A in Streptomyces neyagawaensis ATCC 27449Stephen F Haydock
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Microbiology 151:3161-9. 2005..concanamycins, the biosynthetic gene cluster governing the biosynthesis of concanamycin A has been cloned from Streptomyces neyagawaensis and shown to span a region of over 100 kbp of contiguous DNA...
- NovG, a DNA-binding protein acting as a positive regulator of novobiocin biosynthesisAlessandra S Eustáquio
Pharmazeutische Biologie, Pharmazeutisches Institut, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Microbiology 151:1949-61. 2005..The entire novobiocin cluster of the producer organism Streptomyces spheroides was expressed in the heterologous host Streptomyces coelicolor M512, and additional strains were ..
- Identification and characterization of the afsR homologue regulatory gene from Streptomyces peucetius ATCC 27952Niranjan Parajuli
Institute of Biomolecule Reconstruction, Sun Moon University, 100 Kalsan-ri, Tangjeonmyun, Asansi, Chungnam 336-708, Republic of Korea
Res Microbiol 156:707-12. 2005We have isolated an afsR homologue, called afsR-p, through genome analysis of Streptomyces peucetius ATCC 27952. AfsR-p shares 60% sequence identity with AfsR from Streptomyces coelicolor A3 (2)...
- Daptomycin biosynthesis in Streptomyces roseosporus: cloning and analysis of the gene cluster and revision of peptide stereochemistryVivian Miao
Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 65 Hayden Avenue, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
Microbiology 151:1507-23. 2005..is a 13 amino acid, cyclic lipopeptide produced by a non-ribosomal peptide synthetase (NRPS) mechanism in Streptomyces roseosporus. A 128 kb region of S...
- Regulation of the synthesis of the angucyclinone antibiotic alpomycin in Streptomyces ambofaciens by the autoregulator receptor AlpZ and its specific ligandRobert Bunet
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, UMR INRA UHP 1128, IFR 110, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, Nancy Universite, Boulevard des Aiguillettes, BP239, 54506 Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
J Bacteriol 190:3293-305. 2008b>Streptomyces ambofaciens produces an orange pigment and the antibiotic alpomycin, both of which are products of a type II polyketide synthase gene cluster identified in each of the terminal inverted repeats of the linear chromosome...
- Elucidating the substrate specificity and condensation domain activity of FkbP, the FK520 pipecolate-incorporating enzymeGregory J Gatto
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biochemistry 44:5993-6002. 2005..These observations suggest that the adenylation domain of FkbP serves as the primary selectivity filter for pipecolate incorporation...
- An ABC transporter encoding gene lndW confers resistance to landomycin EIryna Ostash
Department of Genetics and Biotechnology, Ivan Franko National University of L viv, Grushevskogo st 4, L viv, 79005, Ukraine
Arch Microbiol 190:105-9. 2008b>Streptomyces globisporus 1912 produces a polyketide antibiotic landomycin E (LaE), which possesses anticancer activity. A 1.8 kb DNA fragment at the end of landomycin E biosynthetic gene cluster was sequenced...
- novE and novG act as positive regulators of novobiocin biosynthesisVolker Dangel
Pharmaceutical Biology, Pharmaceutical Institute, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 8, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Arch Microbiol 190:509-19. 2008..RT-PCR experiments showed that expression of novG was detectable in the absence of NovE, and also that expression of novE occurred in absence of NovG...
- Molecular cloning, sequence analysis, and heterologous expression of the phosphinothricin tripeptide biosynthetic gene cluster from Streptomyces viridochromogenes DSM 40736Joshua A V Blodgett
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois, B103 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory, 601 S. Goodwin Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:230-40. 2005A fosmid library from genomic DNA of Streptomyces viridochromogenes DSM 40736 was constructed and screened for the presence of genes known to be involved in the biosynthesis of phosphinothricin tripeptide (PTT)...
- Characterization of tailoring genes involved in the modification of geldanamycin polyketide in Streptomyces hygroscopicus JCM4427Jin Chul Shin
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
J Microbiol Biotechnol 18:1101-8. 2008..PKS) processing steps and in which order the reactions occur, we individually inactivated candidate genes in Streptomyces hygroscopicus subsp...
- The formation of the rodlet layer of streptomycetes is the result of the interplay between rodlins and chaplinsDennis Claessen
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB, Department of Microbiology, University of Groningen, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 53:433-43. 2004..The formation of the rodlet layer is the result of the interplay between rodlins and chaplins. A strain of Streptomyces coelicolor in which the rodlin genes rdlA and/or rdlB were deleted no longer formed the rodlet layer...
- The gene cluster for spectinomycin biosynthesis and the aminoglycoside-resistance function of spcM in Streptomyces spectabilisKyoung Rok Kim
Division of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, College of Natural Science, Myongji University, Yongin, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Curr Microbiol 57:371-4. 2008The gene cluster for spectinomycin biosynthesis from Streptomyces spectabilis was analyzed completely and registered under the accession number EU255259 at the National Center for Biotechnology Information...
- Cloning and expression of the glucose-1-phosphate thymidylyltransferase gene (gerD) from Streptomyces sp. GERI-155Hei-Chan Lee
Department of Pharmacy, Chosun University, Kwangju 501-759, Korea
Mol Cells 17:274-80. 2004..The deoxysugar biosynthetic gene cluster of GERI-155 was cloned from Streptomyces sp., GERI-155...
- Characterization of biosynthetic gene cluster for the production of virginiamycin M, a streptogramin type A antibiotic, in Streptomyces virginiaeNattika Pulsawat
International Center for Biotechnology, Osaka University, 2 1, Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Gene 393:31-42. 2007Virginiamycin M (VM) of Streptomyces virginiae is a hybrid polyketide-peptide antibiotic with peptide antibiotic virginiamycin S (VS) as its synergistic counterpart...
- A complete gene cluster from Streptomyces nanchangensis NS3226 encoding biosynthesis of the polyether ionophore nanchangmycinYuhui Sun
Bio-X Life Science Research Center, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200030, China
Chem Biol 10:431-41. 2003..In-frame deletion of a KR6 domain generated the nanchangmycin aglycone with loss of 4-O-methyl-L-rhodinose and antibacterial activity, in agreement with the assignments of the PKS domains catalyzing specific biosynthetic steps...
- Thiostrepton-induced gene expression in Streptomyces lividansT Murakami
Unite de genie microbiologique, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Bacteriol 171:1459-66. 1989Thiostrepton induced the expression of four proteins (17, 19, 30, and 56 kilodaltons) of unknown function in Streptomyces lividans. The chromosomal gene which encoded the 19-kilodalton protein (tipA) was cloned and sequenced...
- Molecular and functional analyses of the gene (eshA) encoding the 52-kilodalton protein of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) required for antibiotic productionS Kawamoto
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8642, Japan
J Bacteriol 183:6009-16. 2001Analysis of proteins recovered in the S100 precipitate fraction of Streptomyces griseus after ultracentrifugation led to the identification of a 52-kDa protein which is produced during the late growth phase...
- The pdx genetic marker adjacent to the chloramphenicol biosynthesis gene cluster in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230: functional characterizationN Magarvey
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Microbiology 147:2103-12. 2001The pdx-4 mutation in Streptomyces venezuelae ISP5230 confers a growth requirement for pyridoxal (pdx) and is a marker for the genetically mapped cluster of genes associated with chloramphenicol biosynthesis...
- Characterization and analysis of the PikD regulatory factor in the pikromycin biosynthetic pathway of Streptomyces venezuelaeD J Wilson
Department of Microbiology and Biological Process Technology Institute, University of Minnesota, 420 Delaware Street S.E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Bacteriol 183:3468-75. 2001The Streptomyces venezuelae pikD gene from the pikromycin biosynthetic cluster was analyzed, and its deduced product (PikD) was found to have amino acid sequence homology with a small family of bacterial regulatory proteins...
- afsR2: a previously undetected gene encoding a 63-amino-acid protein that stimulates antibiotic production in Streptomyces lividansM Vogtli
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Mol Microbiol 14:643-53. 1994..the afsR genetic locus promotes formation of the pigmented antibiotics actinorhodin and undecylprodigiosin in Streptomyces lividans and its close relative, Streptomyces coelicolor...
- The Streptomyces venezuelae pikAV gene contains a transcription unit essential for expression of enzymes involved in glycosylation of narbonolide and 10-deoxymethynolideS Chen
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Institute for Structural Biology and Drug Discovery, Virginia Commonwealth University, 800 East Leigh Street, Richmond, VA 23219, USA
Gene 263:255-64. 2001In Streptomyces venezuelae, four polyketide synthase (PKS) polypeptides encoded by pikAI-pikAIV are used to generate 10 and 12-membered macrocyclic structures, narbonolide and 10-deoxymethynolide...
- StgR, a new Streptomyces alboniger member of the LysR family of transcriptional regulatorsJ A Tercero
Centro de Biologia Molecular Severo Ochoa, CSIC UAM, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Cantoblanco, Spain
Mol Gen Genet 259:475-83. 1998A 3240-bp DNA fragment, located next to the puromycin biosynthetic gene cluster of Streptomyces alboniger, contains three complete ORFs in the order: stgA, stgU and stgR...
- Cloning, sequencing and analysis of the enterocin biosynthesis gene cluster from the marine isolate 'Streptomyces maritimus': evidence for the derailment of an aromatic polyketide synthaseJ Piel
Department of Chemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 1700, USA
Chem Biol 7:943-55. 2000..A unique polyketide biosynthetic pathway recently identified in the marine strain 'Streptomyces maritimus' deviates from the normal aromatic PKS model in the generation of a diverse series of chiral, non-..
- Chromosomal arm replacement generates a high level of intraspecific polymorphism in the terminal inverted repeats of the linear chromosomal DNA of Streptomyces ambofaciensG Fischer
Laboratoire de Génétique et Microbiologie, Unité associée INRA 952, Universite Henri Poincare Nancy 1, Faculte des Sciences, Boulevard des Aiguillettes, F 54506 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14296-301. 1998The chromosomal DNA of the bacteria Streptomyces ambofaciens DSM40697 is an 8-Mb linear molecule that ends in terminal inverted repeats (TIRs) of 210 kb...
- Cloning and expression in Escherichia coli of a Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) argCJB gene clusterZ Hindle
Department of Genetics, University of Leeds, UK
Microbiology 140:311-20. 1994From a partial Sau3AI library of Streptomyces coelicolor A3(2) DNA in pIJ916, two hybrid plasmids pGX1 and pGX2 were isolated that complemented S. coelicolor A3(2) or S. lividans arginine auxotrophs...
- Amylase and chitinase genes in Streptomyces lividans are regulated by reg1, a pleiotropic regulatory geneJ Nguyen
Institut de Genetique et Microbiologie, URA 2225, Universite Paris XI, Orsay, France
J Bacteriol 179:6383-90. 1997A regulatory gene, reg1, was identified in Streptomyces lividans. It encodes a 345-amino-acid protein (Reg1) which contains a helix-turn-helix DNA-binding motif in the N-terminal region...
- Genes specific for the biosynthesis of clavam metabolites antipodal to clavulanic acid are clustered with the gene for clavaminate synthase 1 in Streptomyces clavuligerusR H Mosher
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2E9
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 43:1215-24. 1999Portions of the Streptomyces clavuligerus chromosome flanking cas1, which encodes the clavaminate synthase 1 isoenzyme (CAS1), have been cloned and sequenced. Mutants of S...
- ENGINEERING PRECURSOR SUPPLY FOR POLYKETIDE BIOSYNTHESISKevin Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2003..Using the monensin producer Streptomyces cinnamononensis as a host the role of propionyl CoA carboxylase, crotonyl CoA reductase, isobutyryl CoA mutase, ..
- CARDIOPROTECTIVE AGENTS IN ISCHEMIC MYOCYTESRICHARD HONKANEN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The applicants have found a novel compound, fostriecin, which has been purified from the fermentation broth of Streptomyces pulveraceus, and which has a pronounced cardioprotective effect in ischemic rabbit hearts...
- Biosynthesis of Microbial IsoprenoidsDavid E Cane; Fiscal Year: 2010..such as the antibiotic pentalenolactone or the volatile organic geosmin, the odoriferous constituent of Streptomyces and of blue-green algae that is responsible for the characteristic earthy smell of freshly turned soil as well ..
- Mechanistic X-Ray Crystallography of Mononuclear Iron Enzymes, TauD and HppEDanny Yun; Fiscal Year: 2007..dioxygenase (TauD)from Escherichia coli and S-(2)-hydroxypropylphosphonic acid epoxidase (HppE)from Streptomyces wedmorensis...
- Structural Basis for Bridged Bimetallic Enzyme CatalysisDagmar Ringe; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have selected two enzymes, Streptomyces olivochromogenes xylose isomerase (Xyl) and Aeromonas proteolytica aminopeptidase (AAP), as primary model ..
- Structural Basis for Bridged Bimetallic Enzyme CatalysisDagmar Ringe; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have selected two enzymes, Streptomyces olivochromogenes xylose isomerase (Xyl) and Aeromonas proteolytica aminopeptidase (AAP), as primary model ..
- Cell Division Control and Virulence in MycobacteriaWilliam Bishai; Fiscal Year: 2005..regulatory genes led to the isolation of the Mycobacterium smegmatis whmD gene which encodes a homologue of the Streptomyces coelicolor WhiB protein required for early sporulation control. Unlike its Streptomyces homologue, M...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF CYCLOPENTANOIDSRonald Parry; Fiscal Year: 1993..The first is the nucleoside antibiotic aristeromycin, a cyclopentyl analog of adenosine produced by Streptomyces citricolor and accompanied by the closely related antitumor and antiviral agent neplanocin A...
- 2nd ASM Conference on Cell-Cell CommunicationBonnie Bassler; Fiscal Year: 2004..and Vibrio harveyi, the conjugal transfer system of Enterococcus faecatis, the production of antibiotics by Streptomyces spp., and the development of multicellular fruiting bodies of Myxococcus xanthus...
- CYCLOHEXANECARBOXYLIC ACID AND POLYKETIDE BIOSYNTHESISKevin Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2006..Combining five CHC-CoA biosynthetic genes from the ansatrienin biosynthesis gene cluster of Streptomyces collznus with the avermectin biosynthetic genes in an Streptomyces a vermitilis host, has resulted in an ..
- Regulation of Streptomyces coelicolor Development-AREAAMY GEHRING; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this application is to understand the molecular events that occur during development of the model bacterium Streptomyces coelicolor...
- IRON CHELATORS PREDICATED ON DESFERRITHIOCINRAYMOND BERGERON; Fiscal Year: 2007..Desferrithiocin (DFT), a natural product iron chelator (siderophore) isolated from Streptomyces antibioticus, is one of the most orally effective iron chelating agents yet identified but renal toxicity ..
- Biosynthesis of hypermodified guanosinesValerie De Crecy Lagard; Fiscal Year: 2007..a variety of natural products such as the antitumor antibiotics toyocamycin, sangivamycin, and tubercidin from Streptomyces. The biosynthetic pathways to these deazapurines are poorly understood, a fact that has stymied functional ..
- Biosynthesis of hypermodified gaunosines.Valerie De Crecy Lagard; Fiscal Year: 2010..a variety of natural products such as the antitumor antibiotics toyocamycin,sangivamycin, and tubercidin from Streptomyces. The biosynthetic pathways to these deazapurines are poorly understood, a fact that has stymied functional ..
- NOVEL AUREOLIC ACID TYPE ANTITUMOR AGENTSJurgen Rohr; Fiscal Year: 2005..by applicant):Mithramycin (MTM) is an aureolic acid antimicrobial and antitumor agent produced by various Streptomyces species including S. argillaceus, which has been used, e.g., for the treatment of testicular carcinoma...
- BIOSYNTHESIS OF MICROBIAL NATURAL PRODUCTSDAVID CANE; Fiscal Year: 1993..2) The structural gene for the sesquiterpene cyclase, pentalenene synthase, a Streptomyces enzyme which catalyzes the cyclization of farnesyl diphosphate (8) to pentalenene (5), the parent hydrocarbon ..
- S. coelicolor P450s: Structure/Function/EngineeringMICHAEL R contact WATERMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Streptomyces coelicolor is the prototypic Streptomycete spp. Its physiological and genetic properties have been studied extensively...
- Site-specific transgenesis in zebrafishJAMES LISTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this project is to assess the utility of another such SSR, the integrase encoded by the Streptomyces bacteriophage phiC31, for manipulation of the zebrafish genome...