Summary: A family of soil bacteria. It also includes some parasitic forms.
- Five novel Kitasatospora species from soil: Kitasatospora arboriphila sp. nov., K. gansuensis sp. nov., K. nipponensis sp. nov., K. paranensis sp. nov. and K. terrestris sp. novIngrid Groth
, D-07745 Jena, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:2121-9. 2004..The remaining organism, isolate HKI 0316 (=2122-022=DSM 44790=NCIMB 13978), was considered to be a strain of Kitasatospora kifunensis on the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence, DNA-DNA relatedness and phenotypic data...
- Genome sequence of Kitasatospora setae NBRC 14216T: an evolutionary snapshot of the family StreptomycetaceaeNatsuko Ichikawa
NITE Bioresource Information Center, Department of Biotechnology, National Institute of Technology and Evaluation, 2 49 10 Nishihara, Shibuya ku, Tokyo 151 0066, Japan
DNA Res 17:393-406. 2010..We have determined the complete genome sequence of K. setae NBRC 14216(T) as the first Streptomycetaceae genome other than Streptomyces...
- Talosins A and B: new isoflavonol glycosides with potent antifungal activity from Kitasatospora kifunensis MJM341. I. Taxonomy, fermentation, isolation, and biological activitiesTae Mi Yoon
Department of Biological Science, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Myongji University, Yongin, Gyeonggi-do, 449-728, Korea
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:633-9. 2006..These talosins are the first isoflavonol glycosides with a 6-deoxy-talose sugar component and they may be useful as antifungal agents with low toxicity because of no visible cytotoxicity against the human hepatic HepG2 cell...
- Electrical DNA-chip-based identification of different species of the genus KitasatosporaRobert Moller
Institute for Physical Chemistry, Friedrich Schiller University, Helmholtzweg 4, 07743, Jena, Germany
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 77:1181-8. 2008..The presented results show that the DNA-chip with electrical detection can be used for a robust and cost-efficient DNA analysis...
- Design and evaluation of an oligonucleotide-microarray for the detection of different species of the genus KitasatosporaSebastian Günther
Department of Molecular Natural Products Research, Hans Knöll Institut für Naturstoff Forschung e V Beutenbergstr 11a, D 07745 Jena, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 65:226-36. 2006..This indicates that the oligonucleotide-microarray method developed in this study is a reliable tool for the detection of Kitasatospora species in environmental samples...
- Kitasatospora viridis sp. nov., a novel actinomycete from soilZhiheng Liu
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People's Republic of China
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:707-11. 2005..The name proposed is Kitasatospora viridis sp. nov., with the type strain 52108a(T) (=AS 4.1878(T)=DSM 44826(T))...
- Distribution of polyketide synthase genes in bacterial populationsSayra Khatun
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 55:107-8. 2002
- Phylogenetic analysis of the genera Streptomyces and Kitasatospora based on partial RNA polymerase beta-subunit gene (rpoB) sequencesBum Joon Kim
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:593-8. 2004....
- Secretion of active-form Streptoverticillium mobaraense transglutaminase by Corynebacterium glutamicum: processing of the pro-transglutaminase by a cosecreted subtilisin-Like protease from Streptomyces albogriseolusYoshimi Kikuchi
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki 210 8681, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:358-66. 2003..Our findings suggest that C. glutamicum has potential as a host for industrial-scale protein production...
- Culturable marine actinomycete diversity from tropical Pacific Ocean sedimentsPaul R Jensen
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0204, USA
Environ Microbiol 7:1039-48. 2005..tentatively called MAR2 and MAR3, were cultivated and appear to represent new genera within the Streptomycetaceae. In total, five new marine phylotypes, including two within the Thermomonosporaceae that appear to represent ..
- Isolation and characterization of four gram-positive nickel-tolerant microorganisms from contaminated sedimentsJoy D Van Nostrand
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Science Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29412, USA
Microb Ecol 53:670-82. 2007..Neither isolate was tolerant to Cd. These findings suggest that Ni is exerting a selection pressure at this site for metal-resistant actinomycetes...
- Lack of correspondence between genetic and phenotypic groups amongst soil-borne streptomycetesAnita L Davelos Baines
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 59:564-75. 2007....
- Cloning and characterization of a maltotriose-producing alpha-amylase gene from Thermobifida fuscaChao Hsun Yang
Institute of Microbiology and Biochemistry, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Rd, Taipei 106, Taiwan
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 34:325-30. 2007..The optimal pH and temperature of the purified amylase were 7.0 and 60 degrees C, respectively. The properties of purified amylase from the E. coli transformant are similar to that of an amylase purified from the original T. fusca NTU22...
- Medium optimization for enhanced production of cytosine-substituted mildiomycin analogue (MIL-C) by Streptoverticillium rimofaciens ZJU 5119Dan Ye
Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310027, China
J Zhejiang Univ Sci B 9:77-84. 2008..5 mg/L, an approximate 3.8-fold improvement over the previous concentration (350.0 mg/L) with un-optimized medium. This work will be very helpful to the large-scale production of MIL-C in the future...
- Biodegradation of alachlor by soil streptomycetesL Durães Sette
CPQBA UNICAMP, CP 6171, SP CEP 13081 970, Campinas, Brazil
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:712-7. 2004..Given the high degradation rates observed here, the Streptomyces strains tested may be useful in the degradation/detoxification processes of alachlor...
- Peptidyl linkers for protein heterodimerization catalyzed by microbial transglutaminaseTsutomu Tanaka
Department of Chemistry and Biotechnology, School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
Bioconjug Chem 15:491-7. 2004....
- Structure of folding intermediates at pH 4.0 and native state of microbial transglutaminaseKei-Ichi Yokoyama
Alliance Protein Laboratories, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360, USA
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:291-4. 2003..0 did not lead to a structure like that of the folding intermediate. Sedimentation velocity analysis showed that the folding intermediate had an expanded structure and contained no other structure species including large aggregates...
- Modification of glutamine and lysine residues in holo and apo alpha-lactalbumin with microbial transglutaminaseWillem F Nieuwenhuizen
TNO Nutrition and Food Research, Innovative Ingredients and Products, P O Box 360, NL 3700 AJ Zeist, The Netherlands
J Agric Food Chem 51:7132-9. 2003....
- Isolation and identification of actinobacteria from surface-sterilized wheat rootsJustin T Coombs
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Flinders University, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042, Australia
Appl Environ Microbiol 69:5603-8. 2003..These isolates were recovered from healthy plants over a range of geographically and temporally isolated sampling events and constitute an important plant-microbe interaction...
- Regulation of secondary metabolism in streptomycetesMervyn J Bibb
Department of Molecular Microbiology, John Innes Centre, Norwich Research Park, Colney, Norwich, NR4 7UH, UK
Curr Opin Microbiol 8:208-15. 2005..The application of a variety of genetic and molecular approaches is now beginning to reveal fascinating insights into the complex regulatory cascades that govern this process...
- Widespread activation of antibiotic biosynthesis by S-adenosylmethionine in streptomycetesJung-Hyun Huh
Department of Biological Science, Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Myongji University, Yongin 449-728, Korea
FEMS Microbiol Lett 238:439-47. 2004..Our results clearly demonstrate the widespread activation of antibiotic production using SAM in streptomycetes...
- Degradation of alkali-lignin residues from solid-state fermentation of wheat straw by streptomycetesM Hernandez
Departamento de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Universidad de Alcala, Alcala de Henares, Spain
Biodegradation 12:219-23. 2001....
- [A new regulatory function of the A-factor--stimulation of the streptomyces spore germination]V D Gruzina
Gauze Institute of New Antibiotics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, ul. Bol'shaya Pirogovskaya 11, Moscow, Russia
Mikrobiologiia 72:770-4. 2003..During germination of the S. avermitilis JCM5070 spores, no changes in the CFU number was observed after the addition of A-factor...
- Diversity of culturable actinobacteria from Qinghai-Tibet plateau, ChinaYu Qin Zhang
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, People s Republic of China
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 98:213-23. 2010..Micromonosporaceae, Nocardiaceae, Promicromonosporaceae, Propionibacteriaceae, Pseudonocardiaceae, Streptomycetaceae, Streptosporangiaceae and Thermomonosporaceae...
- Rhizosphere communities of genetically modified zeaxanthin-accumulating potato plants and their parent cultivar differ less than those of different potato cultivarsNicole Weinert
Julius Kühn Institut Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Epidemiology and Pathogen Diagnostics, Braunschweig, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:3859-65. 2009..electrophoresis (DGGE) fingerprints of Bacteria, Actinobacteria, Alpha- and Betaproteobacteria, Bacillus, Streptomycetaceae, Pseudomonas, gacA, Fungi, and Ascomycetes...
- Taxonomic and ecological studies of actinomycetes from Vietnam: isolation and genus-level diversityDuong Van Hop
Institute of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Vietnam National University, Hanoi, Vietnam
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 64:599-606. 2011..Approximately 90% of these strains were members of three families: Streptomycetaceae (1087 strains, 58%); Micromonosporaceae (516 strains, 27%); and Streptosporangiaceae (89 strains, 5%)...
- Protoplast preparation and reversion to the normal filamentous growth in antibiotic-producing uncommon actinomycetesGiorgia Letizia Marcone
Dipartimento di Biotecnologie e Scienze Molecolari Università dell Insubria, Varese, Italy
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 63:83-8. 2010..antibiotic-producing filamentous actinomycetes belonging to the Streptosporangiaceae, Micromonosporaceae and Streptomycetaceae. 10(7)-10(9) protoplasts were obtained from 100 ml of culture, after incubation times in the digestion ..
- The high resolution crystal structure of a native thermostable serpin reveals the complex mechanism underpinning the stressed to relaxed transitionKate F Fulton
Protein Crystallography Unit, Monash Centre for Synchrotron Science, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Victorian Bioinformatics Consortium, P O Box 53, Australia
J Biol Chem 280:8435-42. 2005..Here we have discussed the structural basis of how this serpin reconciles the thermodynamic instability necessary for function with the stability required to withstand elevated temperatures...
- Purification and some properties of an inhibitor for a yeast pleiotropic drug resistant pump from Kitasatospora sp. E-420A Wanigasekera
Department of Applied Biology, Faculty of Textile Science, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 65:2353-7. 2001..Some physicochemical data suggested that the Pdr5-specific inhibitor was different from an immunosuppressant, FK506, reported as the only inhibitor of Pdr5 in vivo...
- Staurosporine and rebeccamycin aglycones are assembled by the oxidative action of StaP, StaC, and RebC on chromopyrrolic acidAnnaleise R Howard-Jones
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:12289-98. 2006..This work allowed for the in vitro reconstitution of the full biosynthetic pathway from l-tryptophan to the staurosporine and rebeccamycin aglycones, K252c and 1,11-dichloroarcyriaflavin A...
- Distribution of microbes producing antimicrobial epsilon-poly-L-lysine polymers in soil microflora determined by a novel methodMasanobu Nishikawa
Research Institute for Biological Sciences Okayama RIBS, 7549 1 Kayo cho, Okayama 716 1241, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:3575-81. 2002..and sufficient screening of soil microflora, belonged exclusively to two groups of bacteria of the family Streptomycetaceae and ergot fungi...
- Effect of ferrous ion on ε-poly-L-lysine biosynthesis by Streptomyces diastatochromogenes CGMCC3145Guoliang Wang
Key Laboratory of Industrial Microbiology, Ministry of Education, Tianjin University of Science and Technology, No 29, 13th Avenue, Tianjin Economic Technological Development Area, Tianjin, 300457, China
Curr Microbiol 62:1062-7. 2011..It is mainly produced by bacteria belonging to the family of Streptomycetaceae. In this study, the effect of ferrous ion on the metabolic pathway such as key enzyme activities and ..
- Nitropyrrolins A-E, cytotoxic farnesyl-α-nitropyrroles from a marine-derived bacterium within the actinomycete family StreptomycetaceaeHak Cheol Kwon
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0204, USA
J Nat Prod 73:2047-52. 2010..Several of the nitropyrrolins, nitropyrrolin D in particular, are cytotoxic toward HCT-116 human colon carcinoma cells, but show weak to little antibacterial activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)...
- Biochemical characterisation of recombinant Streptomyces pristinaespiralis L-lysine cyclodeaminaseGeorgia Eleni Tsotsou
Biotransformation and Biocatalysis Laboratory, RHODIA, Research and Technology Centre of Lyon, 85 rue des frères Perret, BP 62, F 69192 Saint Fons Cedex, France
Biochimie 89:591-604. 2007..Our results indicate that the lysine cyclodeaminase from Streptomyces pristinaespiralis is a highly enantioselective enzyme at the substrate recognition and conversion levels, in both cases in favour of the l-isomer...
- Two minimal Tat translocases in BacillusJan D H Jongbloed
Department of Genetics, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, Kerklaan 30, 9751 NN Haren, The Netherlands
Mol Microbiol 54:1319-25. 2004..Importantly, these minimal TatAC translocases of B. subtilis are representative for the Tat machinery of the vast majority of Gram-positive bacteria, Streptomycetes being the only known exception with TatABC translocases...
- Talosins A and B: new isoflavonol glycosides with potent antifungal activity from Kitasatospora kifunensis MJM341. II. Physicochemical properties and structure determinationWon-Gon Kim
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, P.O. Box 115, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon, 305-600, Korea
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:640-5. 2006..They are the first flavonoid glycosides incorporating 6-deoxy-talose as a sugar component...
- The mildiomycin biosynthesis: initial steps for sequential generation of 5-hydroxymethylcytidine 5'-monophosphate and 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in Streptoverticillium rimofaciens ZJU5119Li Li
Laboratory of Microbial Metabolism and School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200030, China
Chembiochem 9:1286-94. 2008..The ratio of free HMC and cytosine released by MilB was ca. 9:1 in in vitro assays, and is consistent with the higher levels of MIL compared to dHM-MIL that are produced by Streptoverticillum rimofaciens...
- Inhibition of epsilon-poly-L-lysine biosynthesis in Streptomycetaceae bacteria by short-chain polyolsMasanobu Nishikawa
Research Institute for Biological Sciences Okayama RIBS Okayama, 7549 1 Kibichuo cho, Okayama 716 1241, Japan
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:2306-12. 2006Antimicrobial epsilon-poly-L-lysine (ePL) is secreted by Streptomycetaceae bacteria, and the mechanism of ePL biosynthesis remains to be elucidated...
- In vitro phosphinate methylation by PhpK from Kitasatospora phosalacineaWilliard J Werner
School of Molecular Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164, United States
Biochemistry 50:8986-8. 2011..This transformation gives rise to the only carbon-phosphorus-carbon linkage known to occur in nature...
- [Phylogenetic diversity of culturable bacteria in the ancient salt deposits of the Yipinglang Salt Mine, P. R. China]Yi Guang Chen
Yunnan Institute of Microbiology and Laboratory for Conservation and Utilization of Bio resources, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 47:571-7. 2007..Pseudomonadaceae, Rhodobacteraceae, Dietziaceae, Saccharospirillaceae, Sphingomonadaceae, Staphylococcaceae, Streptomycetaceae) in four major phylogenetic groups (Actinobacteria, Bacteroidetes, Firmicutes, Proteobacteria)...
- Effects of living cyanobacteria, cyanobacterial extracts and pure microcystins on growth and ultrastructure of microalgae and bacteriaRut Valdor
Departamento de Biologia Vegetal, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Murcia, Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Toxicon 49:769-79. 2007..The implications for colonisation and benthic communities structure and development are discussed in the context of biomonitoring...
- Remarkable enhancement in PLD activity from Streptoverticillium cinnamoneum by substituting serine residue into the GG/GS motifChiaki Ogino
The Division of Material Sciences, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kanazawa University, Kakuma, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1774:671-8. 2007..The findings suggest that the GG/GS motif of PLD is a key motif that affects catalytic function and enzymatic stability...
- Antagonistic enzymes may generate alternate phase transitions leading to ephemeral gelsSébastien Giraudier
ERRMECe, University of Cergy Pontoise, 95302 Pontoise, France
Biophys J 93:629-36. 2007....
- Characterization of the sporulation control protein SsgA by use of an efficient method to create and screen random mutant libraries in streptomycetesBjørn A Traag
Microbial Development, Leiden Institute of Chemistry, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2085-92. 2007..However, the essential residues L29, D58, and S89 were conserved only in SsgA orthologues and not in other SALPs, suggesting an SsgA-specific function...
- Ribosomal and protein coding gene based multigene phylogeny on the family StreptomycetaceaeJi Hye Han
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung Dong, Yuseong, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Syst Appl Microbiol 35:1-6. 2012The phylogenetic relationship among the three genera of the family Streptomycetaceae was examined using the small and large subunit ribosomal RNA genes, and the gyrB, rpoB, trpB, atpD and recA genes...
- Structural and functional analysis of C2-type ketoreductases from modular polyketide synthasesJianting Zheng
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Mol Biol 410:105-17. 2011..Results from in vivo assays of engineered PKSs support that C2-type KRs cooperate with epimer-specific ketosynthases to set the configurations of substituent-bearing α-carbons...
- Indoor air particles and bioaerosols before and after renovation of moisture-damaged buildings: the effect on biological activity and microbial floraKati Huttunen
Department of Environmental Health, National Public Health Institute, P O Box 95, FI 70701 Kuopio, Finland
Environ Res 107:291-8. 2008..This may be associated with different spectrum of harmful agents in different mold and moisture-damaged buildings...
- Protein analysis by 31p NMR spectroscopy in ionic liquid: quantitative determination of enzymatically created cross-linksEvanthia Monogioudi
VTT, P O Box 1000, FI 02044 VTT, Finland
J Agric Food Chem 59:1352-62. 2011..Quantitative (31)P NMR in IL was shown to be a simple and efficient method for the study of protein modification...
- Cloning and in vitro characterization of dTDP-6-deoxy-L-talose biosynthetic genes from Kitasatospora kifunensis featuring the dTDP-6-deoxy-L-lyxo-4-hexulose reductase that synthesizes dTDP-6-deoxy-L-taloseSuman Karki
Department of Biological Science, Myongji University, Yongin, Republic of Korea
Carbohydr Res 345:1958-62. 2010....
- Bacterial diversity on the surface of potato tubers in soil and the influence of the plant genotypeNicole Weinert
Julius Kühn Institut JKI Federal Research Centre for Cultivated Plants, Institute for Epidemiology and Pathogen Diagnostics, Braunschweig, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 74:114-23. 2010..showed nearly identical fingerprints for Bacteria, Actinobacteria, Alphaproteobacteria, Betaproteobacteria, Bacillus and Streptomycetaceae. In conclusion, tuber-associated bacteria were only weakly affected by the plant genotype.
- Characterization and large-scale production of recombinant Streptoverticillium platensis transglutaminaseShie Jea Lin
Bioresource Collection and Research Center, Food Industry Research and Development Institute, 331 Shih Pin Road, 30062, Hsinchu, Taiwan
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 35:981-90. 2008..78 U/ml) and 5-l fermenters (5.39 U/ml). Large-scale productions of the recombinant MtgA in a 30-l air-lift fermenter and a 250-l stirred-tank fermenter were fulfilled with maximal activities of 5.36 and 2.54 U/ml, respectively...
- The effect of the macrolide antibiotic tylosin on microbial diversity in the canine small intestine as demonstrated by massive parallel 16S rRNA gene sequencingJan S Suchodolski
Gastrointestinal Laboratory, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
BMC Microbiol 9:210. 2009..Jejunal brush samples were collected through the fistula on days 0, 14, and 28 (14 days after withdrawal of tylosin). Bacterial diversity was characterized using massive parallel 16S rRNA gene pyrosequencing...
- Genetic and physiological determinants of Streptomyces scabies pathogenicitySylvain Lerat
Centre SEVE, Departement de Biologie, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada, J1K 2R1
Mol Plant Pathol 10:579-85. 2009..and Loria; Kingdom Bacteria; Phylum Actinobacteria; Class Actinomycetes; Order Actinomycetales; Family Streptomycetaceae; genus Streptomyces; species scabies or scabiei. Host range: Streptomyces scabies (syn. S...
- Indoxamycins A-F. Cytotoxic tricycklic polypropionates from a marine-derived actinomyceteSeizo Sato
Central Research Laboratory, Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd, 559 6 Kitano machi Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0906, Japan
J Org Chem 74:5502-9. 2009..actinomyces whose strains showed approximately 96% sequence homology of 16S rDNA with the family streptomycetaceae. The structures of these indoxamycins, which are unusual polyketides composed of six consecutive chiral ..
- Streptomyces hypolithicus sp. nov., isolated from an Antarctic hypolith communityMarilize Le Roes-Hill
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, 7701 Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:2032-5. 2009..to members of the genus Streptomyces, which supports the classification of this strain within the family Streptomycetaceae. Phenotypic and phylogenetic results allowed strain HSM#10T to be differentiated from known streptomycetes...
- Complete sequence and analysis of the stability functions of pPSX, a vector that allows stable cloning and expression of Streptomycete genes in Escherichia coli K12Daniel S Philip
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072, Australia
Plasmid 62:39-43. 2009..pPSX is a small, stable cloning vector good for cloning and expression of a wide range of genes, including those from streptomycetes...
- Kitasatospora saccharophila sp. nov. and Kitasatospora kazusanensis sp. nov., isolated from soil and transfer of Streptomyces atroaurantiacus to the genus Kitasatospora as Kitasatospora atroaurantiaca comb. novBing Li
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Gen Appl Microbiol 55:19-26. 2009..It is also proposed that Streptomyces atroaurantiacus should be transferred to the genus Kitasatospora as Kitasatospora atroaurantiaca comb. nov. (type strain NBRC 14327(T)=DSM 41649(T))...
- Streptomyces polyantibioticus sp. nov., isolated from the banks of a riverMarilize Le Roes-Hill
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, Private Bag 1, Rondebosch 7701, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:1302-9. 2009..strain, with the exception of the phospholipid pattern, corresponded with those of the members of the family Streptomycetaceae Waksman and Henrici 1943...
- Direct detection of Kitasatospora species with a chaperone oligonucleotide microarray method lacking PCR amplificationSebastian Guenther
Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology Hans Knöll Institute, Jena, Germany
J Basic Microbiol 48:315-8. 2008..The described advanced hybridization method used chaperone oligonucleotides for direct co-hybridization with genomic DNA on an oligonuclotide microarray with optical readout...
- Streptacidiphilus anmyonensis sp. nov., Streptacidiphilus rugosus sp. nov. and Streptacidiphilus melanogenes sp. nov., acidophilic actinobacteria isolated from Pinus soilsSung Heun Cho
Department of Microbiology, School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung Dong, Yuseong, Daejeon 305 764, Republic of Korea
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 58:1566-70. 2008..isolates fell into three distinctive phylogenetic clusters within the genus Streptacidiphilus of the family Streptomycetaceae, and also that Streptacidiphilus jiangxiensis was the species closest to the three phyloclusters, with 16S ..
- In vitro antagonism of an actinobacterial Kitasatospora isolate against the plant pathogen Phytophthora citricola as elucidated with ultrahigh resolution mass spectrometryFelix Haesler
Department of Terrestrial Ecogenetics, Institute of Soil Ecology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health GmbH, Germany
J Microbiol Methods 75:188-95. 2008..This straightforward approach is of general applicability to elucidate biocontrol mechanisms in any complex system with improved efficiency...
- Swelling, mechanical, and barrier properties of albedo-based films prepared in the presence of phaseolin cross-linked or not by transglutaminaseL Mariniello
Department of Food Science, University of Naples Federico II Parco Gussone, 80055 Portici, Naples, Italy
Biomacromolecules 11:2394-8. 2010..These findings suggest that albedo-phaseolin film prepared in the presence of transglutaminase can be a promising candidate to be used as food edible wrap...
- Phylogenetic diversity of acidophilic sporoactinobacteria isolated from various soilsSung-Heun Cho
Department of Microbiology, School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chungnam National University, 220 Gung-dong, Yuseong, Daejeon 305-764, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 44:600-6. 2006..were divided into eight distinctive phylogenetic clusters within the variation encompassed by the family Streptomycetaceae. Four clusters among them were assigned to the genus Streptacidiphilus, whereas the remaining four were ..
- Effect on tumor cells of blocking survival response to glucose deprivationHae-Ryong Park
Laboratory of Chemical Biology, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:1300-10. 2004..004 and P<.001 for comparisons with untreated control, respectively) inhibited tumor growth of MKN74 xenografts. CONCLUSION: Disruption of the UPR may provide a novel therapeutic approach to targeting glucose-deprived solid tumors...
- High level expression of Streptomyces mobaraensis transglutaminase in Corynebacterium glutamicum using a chimeric pro-region from Streptomyces cinnamoneus transglutaminaseMasayo Date
Institute of Life Sciences, Ajinomoto Co. Inc, 1-1 Suzuki-cho, Kawasaki-ku, Kawasaki 210-8681, Japan
J Biotechnol 110:219-26. 2004..mobaraensis and Streptomyces cinnamoneus transglutaminases for the production of MTGase in C. glutamicum. As a result, secretion of MTGase using the chimeric pro-region is increased compared to that using the native pro-region...
- Genetic and phenotypic traits of streptomycetes used to characterize antibiotic activities of field-collected microbesAnita L Davelos
Department of Plant Pathology, University of Minnesota, St. Paul, MN 55108, USA
Can J Microbiol 50:79-89. 2004..Relationships between the genetic and phenotypic characteristics examined may provide preliminary insight into the distinct strategies that microbes use in optimizing their fitness in natural environments...
- Crystal structures of decorated xylooligosaccharides bound to a family 10 xylanase from Streptomyces olivaceoviridis E-86Zui Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry, National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8602, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:9606-14. 2004..CBM13 was shown to bind xylose or xylooligosaccharides reversibly by using nonsymmetric sugars as the ligands. The independent multiple sites in CBM13 may increase the probability of substrate binding...
- Taxonomic re-evaluation of whorl-forming Streptomyces (formerly Streptoverticillium) species by using phenotypes, DNA-DNA hybridization and sequences of gyrB, and proposal of Streptomyces luteireticuli (ex Katoh and Arai 1957) corrig., sp. nov., nom. revKazunori Hatano
Institute for Fermentation, Osaka, 17 85, Juso honmachi 2 chome, Yodogawa ku, Osaka 532 8686, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1519-29. 2003..netropsis, Streptomyces orinoci, S. stramineus, Streptomyces thioluteus and Streptomyces viridiflavus...
- Streptacidiphilus gen. nov., acidophilic actinomycetes with wall chemotype I and emendation of the family Streptomycetaceae (Waksman and Henrici (1943)AL) emend. Rainey et al. 1997Seung Bum Kim
Department of Agricultural and Environmental Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 7RU, UK
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 83:107-16. 2003..It is, therefore, proposed that the description of the family Streptomycetaceae be emended to account for properties shown by Kitasatospora and Streptacidiphilus species.
- A new IL-1 receptor inhibitor 139A: fermentation, isolation, physico-chemical properties and structureChen Jing
Institute of Medicinal Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Medica Sciense and Peking Union Medical College, Tiantan, Beijing 100050 PR China
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 56:87-90. 2003....
- Identification of the epsilon-(gamma-glutamyl)lysine cross-linking sites in alpha-lactalbumin polymerized by mammalian and microbial transglutaminasesDeuk-Sik Lee
Department of Tourism and Foodservice Industry, Donghae University, Jiheungdong, Donghae-shi, Kangwondo 240-713, Korea
J Agric Food Chem 50:7412-9. 2002..It is suggested that the difference in the numbers of lysine residues targeted by GTGase and MTGase may be responsible for the difference in the polymerization process of alpha-lactalbumin between GTGase- and MTGase-catalyzed systems...
- Multiblock PLS analysis of an industrial pharmaceutical processJ A Lopes
Center for Biological and Chemical Engineering, Technical University of Lisbon, Av Rovisco Pais, P 1049 001, Lisbon, Portugal
Biotechnol Bioeng 80:419-27. 2002..4%. The advantage of the multiblock model over the standard PLS model is that the contributions of the two main process stages to the API volumetric productivity were determined...
- Synthesis of TDP-3-amino-3,4,6-trideoxy-alpha-D-xylo-hexopyranose--the immediate precursor of TDP-alpha-D-desosamineCheng-Wei T Chang
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, University of Texas, Austin 78712, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 12:1493-6. 2002..This compound was shown to be a substrate for DesVI, an AdoMet-dependent methyltransferase which catalyzes N,N-dimethylation of the title compound to give a biological significant unusual sugar, desosamine...
- Description of two novel species of the genus Kitasatospora Omura et al. 1982, Kitasatospora cineracea sp. nov. and Kitasatospora niigatensis sp. novK Tajima
Research Center for Biological Function, The Kitasato Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 51:1765-71. 2001..nov. and Kitasatospora niigatensis sp. nov., with the type strains K. cineracea SK-3255T (= IFO 16452T = JCM 10915T = NRRL B-23134T) and K. niigatensis SK-3406T (= IFO 16453T = JCM 10916T = NRRL B-24135T)...
- Overproduction of microbial transglutaminase in Escherichia coli, in vitro refolding, and characterization of the refolded formK I Yokoyama
Central Research Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co Inc, Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 64:1263-70. 2000..These results indicated that recombinant MTG could be produced efficiently in E. coli...
- Molecular phylogenetic characterization of Streptomyces protease inhibitor familyS Taguchi
Department of Biological Science and Technology, Science University of Tokyo, 2641 Yamazaki, Noda shi, Chiba 278, Japan
J Mol Evol 44:542-51. 1997....
- Protein secretion in streptomycetesR Morosoli
Centre de Recherche en Microbiologie Appliquee, Institut Armand Frappier, Universite du Quebec, Ville de Laval, Que, Canada
FEMS Microbiol Lett 146:167-74. 1997....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of the obg gene of Streptomyces griseus in relation to the onset of morphological differentiationS Okamoto
National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Bacteriol 179:170-9. 1997..usually accompanied by a decrease in intracellular GTP pool size, as has been demonstrated in bacillaceae, streptomycetaceae, and yeasts...
- The bacterial paromomycin resistance gene, aphH, as a dominant selectable marker in Volvox carteriThomas Jakobiak
, , D-93040 Regensburg, Germany
Protist 155:381-93. 2004..This makes the engineered bacterial aphH gene an efficient dominant selection marker for the transformation and co-transformation of a broad range of V. carteri strains without the recurring need for using auxotrophic recipient strains...
- New antibiotic Sch 725424 and its dehydration product Sch 725428 from Kitasatospora spShu Wei Yang
Schering Plough Research Institute, 2015 Galloping Hill Road, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 58:192-5. 2005..Compound 1 showed inhibitory activity against Staphylococcus aureus with MIC values 1-2 microg/ml, and also displayed weak antifungal activity against Saccharomyces cerevisiae (PM503) with an MIC 32 microg/ml...
- Conserved cis-acting elements upstream of genes composing the chitinolytic system of streptomycetes are DasR-responsive elementsSéverine Colson
Centre d Ingénierie des Protéines, Universite de Liege, Institut de Chimie B6a, Liege, Belgium
J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol 12:60-6. 2007....
- Production of epsilon-poly-L-lysine by newly isolated Kitasatospora sp. PL6-3Jia Ouyang
College of Life Science and Pharmacy, Nanjing University of Technology, Nanjing, PR China
Biotechnol J 1:1459-63. 2006..PL6-3 in culture broth were different from those reported from strains of Streptomycetaceae, as no mycelium pellets were observed during the course of fermentation of PL6-3, which was beneficial to ..
- New antibiotics from bacterial natural productsJon Clardy
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Biotechnol 24:1541-50. 2006....
- Biosynthetic study of FR-900848: origin of the aminodeoxynucleoside partHiroaki Watanabe
Division of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0810, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:607-10. 2006..The 5"-amino-5"-deoxy-5',6'-dihydrouridine moiety was derived from ribose and aspartate. Based on the feeding experiments, a detailed biosynthetic pathway producing the aminodeoxydihydrouridine moiety of FR-900848 was proposed...
- Antibiotic bisanthraquinones produced by a streptomycete isolated from a cyanobacterium associated with Ecteinascidia turbinataAaron M Socha
Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island 02881-1966, USA
J Nat Prod 69:1070-3. 2006..Their potent antibacterial properties (IC(50) = 0.15-130 microM) versus methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis and cytotoxic effects against HCT-116 cells are presented...
- 'Candidatus Streptomyces philanthi', an endosymbiotic streptomycete in the antennae of Philanthus digger waspsMartin Kaltenpoth
University of Wurzburg, Department for Animal Ecology and Tropical Biology, Germany
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1403-11. 2006..Primers for the selective amplification of 'Candidatus Streptomyces philanthi' and an oligonucleotide probe for specific detection by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) are described...
- Terminal phenylalanine and tyrosine biosynthesis of Microtetraspora glaucaA R Speth
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Hohenheim, Stuttgart
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 370:591-9. 1989....
- [Study on biodiversity of type I & II polyketide synthesis genes positive microorganisms]Ping Xu
Key Laboratory for Microbial Resources of Ministry of Education, Yunnan Institute of Microbiology, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 45:821-7. 2005..They were classified to be at least 7 families and 8 genera, such as genus Streptomyces of the family Streptomycetaceae, two genera Streptosporangium and Nonomuraea of the family Streptosporangiaceae, genus Mycobacterium of the ..
- Functional and evolutionary implications of a survey of various actinomycetes for homologues of two Streptomyces coelicolor sporulation genesJ Soliveri
John Innes Institute, John Innes Centre, Norwich, UK
J Gen Microbiol 139:2569-78. 1993..griseocarnum gene products could function well in S. coelicolor. However, studies with hybrid transcription units suggested that the promoter region of whiB-Stv is somewhat inefficient in S. coelicolor...
- [High expression of mirobial transglutaminase gene from Streptoverticillium mobaraense in Escherichia coli]Bin Xu
Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 21:794-8. 2005..The specific activity of purified MTG was close to that of native MTG. Taken together, this study might provide a base for the industrial production of microbial transglutaminase...
- Fatal pulmonary infection associated with a novel organism, "para-streptomyces abscessus"W Garrett Nichols
Program in Infectious Diseases, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:5376-9. 2005..16S rRNA gene sequencing indicated a potentially unique organism most closely related to the genus Streptomyces, for which we propose the name "Para-streptomyces abscessus."..
- Grouping of streptomycetes using 16S-ITS RFLP fingerprintingBenjamin Lanoot
BCCM/LMG Bacteria Collection and Laboratorium voor Microbiologie, University Gent, K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. Benjamin.Lanoot @Ugent.be
Res Microbiol 156:755-62. 2005....
- Competing factors of compost concentration and proximity to root affect the distribution of streptomycetesEhud Inbar
Faculty of Agricultural, Food and Environmental Quality Sciences, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
Microb Ecol 50:73-81. 2005..The application of a streptomycetes-specific PCR primer set combined with DGGE analysis provided a rapid means of examining the distribution and ecology of streptomycetes in soils and plant-associated environments...
- Streptacidiphilus jiangxiensis sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from acidic rhizosphere soil in ChinaYing Huang
State Key Laboratory of Microbial Resources, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100080, People's Republic of China
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 86:159-65. 2004..The name proposed for this new species is Streptacidiphilus jiangxiensis, the type strain is isolate 33214T (= AS 4.1857T = JCM 12277T)...
- Lysine-rich histone (H1) is a lysyl substrate of tissue transglutaminase: possible involvement of transglutaminase in the formation of nuclear aggregates in (CAG)(n)/Q(n) expansion diseasesA J Cooper
Department of Biochemistry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Dev Neurosci 22:404-17. 2000....
- [Search for A factor-dependent variants in actinomycete population]O V Efremenkova
Gauze Institute of New Antibiotics, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, ul Bol shaya Pirogovskaya 11, Moscow, Russia
Mikrobiologiia 72:766-9. 2003..citreofluorescens and S. viridovulgaris subsp. albomarinus and at 10 micrograms/ml for S. griseus...
- Substrate specificity of streptomyces transglutaminasesJames Langston
Novozymes, Inc, 1445 Drew Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 136:291-308. 2007..Correlation of the electronic and steric features of the substrates with their reactivity supported the mechanism previously proposed for Streptomyces mobaraensis TGase...
- Isolation and characterization of endophytic streptomycete antagonists of Fusarium wilt pathogen from surface-sterilized banana rootsLixiang Cao
State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol and Department of Biochemistry, School of Life Sciences, Zhongshan (Sun Yatsen) University, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
FEMS Microbiol Lett 247:147-52. 2005..These findings indicate the potential of developing siderophore-producing Streptomyces endophytes for the biological control of fusarium wilt disease of banana...
- Scanning electron microscopy of some endophytic streptomycetes in snakevine--Kennedia nigricansUvidello Castillo
Department of Plant Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, USA
Scanning 27:305-11. 2005..In addition, unusual colony morphology, observed with the unaided eye can very easily be used to distinguish some of these isolates since characteristic donut and pseudo-horn shaped colonies appeared in culture...
- A sequenced-based approach for improved small molecule discoveryPaul R Jensen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The methods developed will be made widely available to the research community and thereby have a broad impact on drug discovery and basic biomedical research. ..