Genomes and Genes
Summary: A genus of anaerobic coccoid METHANOCOCCACEAE whose organisms are motile by means of polar tufts of flagella. These methanogens are found in salt marshes, marine and estuarine sediments, and the intestinal tract of animals.
Publications203 found, 100 shown here
- Metabolic modeling of a mutualistic microbial communitySergey Stolyar
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Syst Biol 3:92. 2007..of these relationships, we took advantage of the fully sequenced genomes of Desulfovibrio vulgaris and Methanococcus maripaludis to produce and analyze the first multispecies stoichiometric metabolic model...
- Rapid evolution of stability and productivity at the origin of a microbial mutualismKristina L Hillesland
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:2124-9. 2010..Twenty-four independent pairings (cocultures) of the bacterium Desulfovibrio vulgaris and the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis were established and followed for 300 community doublings in two environments, one allowing for ..
- Prophage-like gene transfer agents-novel mechanisms of gene exchange for Methanococcus, Desulfovibrio, Brachyspira, and Rhodobacter speciesThad B Stanton
Enteric Diseases and Food Safety Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, Agricultural Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture, 2300 Dayton Road, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Anaerobe 13:43-9. 2007..4 to 13.6kb. GTAs have been reported in species of Brachyspira, Methanococcus, Desulfovibrio, and Rhodobacter...
- Crystal structure of phosphoserine phosphatase from Methanococcus jannaschii, a hyperthermophile, at 1.8 A resolutionW Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Structure 9:65-71. 2001..The strong resemblance in sequence and mechanism implies structural similarity among these enzymes...
- Metal ion binding and enzymatic mechanism of Methanococcus jannaschii RNase HIIBing Lai
State Key Laboratory for Structural Chemistry Studies of Stable and Unstable Species, Institute of Physical Chemistry, College of Chemistry, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Biochemistry 42:785-91. 2003..have studied the thermodynamic properties of four metal ions (Mg(2+), Mn(2+), Ca(2+), and Ba(2+)) binding to Methanococcus jannaschii RNase HII using isothermal titration calorimetry...
- Structure-based identification of a novel NTPase from Methanococcus jannaschiiK Y Hwang
Structural Biology Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul, South Korea
Nat Struct Biol 6:691-6. 1999Almost half of the entire set of predicted genomic products from Methanococcus jannaschii are classified as functionally unknown hypothetical proteins...
- Reactor-scale cultivation of the hyperthermophilic methanarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii to high cell densitiesB Mukhopadhyay
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:5059-65. 1999For the hyperthermophilic and barophilic methanarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii, we have developed a medium and protocols for reactor-scale cultivation that improved the final cell yield per liter from approximately 0...
- Nitrogenase phylogeny and the molybdenum dependence of nitrogen fixation in Methanococcus maripaludisP S Kessler
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Bacteriol 179:541-3. 1997We studied the effects of molybdenum, vanadium, and tungsten on the diazotrophic growth of Methanococcus maripaludis. Mo stimulated growth, with a maximal response at 4.0 microM, while V had no effect at any concentration tested...
- Transcriptional profiling of the hyperthermophilic methanarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii in response to lethal heat and non-lethal cold shockBoonchai B Boonyaratanakornkit
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Environ Microbiol 7:789-97. 2005Temperature shock of the hyperthermophilic methanarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii from its optimal growth temperature of 85 degrees C to 65 degrees C and 95 degrees C resulted in different transcriptional responses characteristic of ..
- Methanococcus maripaludis: an archaeon with multiple functional MCM proteins?Alison D Walters
Department of Biology Area 5, PO Box 373, University of York, York YO10 5YW, UK
Biochem Soc Trans 37:1-6. 2009..Unusually, the genome of the methanogenic archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis contains four MCM homologues, all of which contain the conserved motifs required for function...
- Structure and function of the FeoB G-domain from Methanococcus jannaschiiStefan Köster
Department of Structural Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Mol Biol 392:405-19. 2009..We determined high-resolution X-ray structures of the FeoB G-domain from Methanococcus jannaschii with and without bound GDP or Mg(2+)-GppNHp...
- Cloning, expression and purification of DNA-binding protein Mvo10b from Methanococcus voltaeJinsong Xuan
Dept of Biological Science and Technology, University of Science and Technology Beijing, 30 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Protein Expr Purif 64:162-6. 2009Mvo10b from the mesophilic archaeon Methanococcus voltae is a member of the Sac10b family which may play an important role in the organization and accessibility of genetic information in Archaea...
- Genetic and mass spectrometry analyses of the unusual type IV-like pili of the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludisSandy Y M Ng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
J Bacteriol 193:804-14. 2011The structure of pili from the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis is unlike that of any bacterial pili. However, genetic analysis of the genes involved in the formation of these pili has been lacking until this study...
- Impact of translational selection on codon usage bias in the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludisLaura R Emery
Institute of Evolutionary Biology, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Edinburgh EH9 3JT, UK
Biol Lett 7:131-5. 2011..Here, we examine the nature of codon usage bias in a methanogenic archaeon, Methanococcus maripaludis...
- Cysteine is not the sulfur source for iron-sulfur cluster and methionine biosynthesis in the methanogenic archaeon Methanococcus maripaludisYuchen Liu
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 2605, USA
J Biol Chem 285:31923-9. 2010..b>Methanococcus maripaludis is a methanogenic archaeon that contains a high amount of protein-bound Fe-S clusters (45 nmol/mg ..
- Characterization of energy-conserving hydrogenase B in Methanococcus maripaludisTiffany A Major
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602 2605, USA
J Bacteriol 192:4022-30. 2010The Methanococcus maripaludis energy-conserving hydrogenase B (Ehb) generates low potential electrons required for autotrophic CO(2) assimilation...
- Overlapping repressor binding sites regulate expression of the Methanococcus maripaludis glnK(1) operonThomas J Lie
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, Box 357242, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
Mol Microbiol 75:755-62. 2010..Particularly intriguing is the contrast between the nif and glnK(1) promoter regions of Methanococcus maripaludis, where two operators are present but with different configurations...
- Crystal structure of a DNA binding protein from the hyperthermophilic euryarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschiiGanggang Wang
MOE Laboratory of Protein Science and Laboratory of Structural Biology, Department of Biological Science and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 100084, People s Republic of China
Protein Sci 12:2815-22. 2003..Here, we report the 2.0 A resolution crystal structure of Mja10b from the euryarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii. The model of Mja10b has been refined to an R-factor of 20.9%...
- Expression and purification of Arg196 and Lys272 mutants of mevalonate kinase from Methanococcus jannaschiiXiusheng Chu
Department of Biology and Chemistry, City University of Hong Kong, 83 Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Protein Expr Purif 30:210-8. 2003..We subcloned the gene of mevalonate kinase from Methanococcus jannaschii into a bacterial expression vector pLM1 with six continuous histidine codons attached to the 5' end ..
- Topography of the euryarchaeal transcription initiation complexMichael S Bartlett
Division of Biological Sciences, Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0634, USA
J Biol Chem 279:5894-903. 2004..The location of this protein suggests that it, like TFB1, could also have a role in transcription initiation following RNA polymerase recruitment...
- Patterns of temperature adaptation in proteins from Methanococcus and BacillusJ H McDonald
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newwark 19716, USA
Mol Biol Evol 16:1785-90. 1999..Here, we compare a large number of proteins between mesophiles and thermophiles in the archaeal genus Methanococcus and the bacterial genus Bacillus...
- Archaeal phylogeny based on proteins of the transcription and translation machineries: tackling the Methanopyrus kandleri paradoxCeline Brochier
Equipe Phylogénomique, Université Aix Marseille I, Centre Saint Charles, 13331 Marseille Cedex 3, France
Genome Biol 5:R17. 2004..We analyzed archaeal phylogeny using two concatenated datasets consisting of 14 proteins involved in transcription and 53 ribosomal proteins (3,275 and 6,377 positions, respectively)...
- Cleavage of preflagellins by an aspartic acid signal peptidase is essential for flagellation in the archaeon Methanococcus voltaeSonia L Bardy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Mol Microbiol 50:1339-47. 2003..The enzyme responsible for the removal of the flagellin leader peptide was identified as FlaK. FlaK of Methanococcus voltae retains its preflagellin peptidase activity when expressed in Escherichia coli and used in an in vitro ..
- Characterization of the 3' exonuclease subunit DP1 of Methanococcus jannaschii replicative DNA polymerase DMaarit Jokela
Biocenter Oulu and Department of Biochemistry, PO Box 3000, FIN-90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2430-40. 2004..To test this hypothesis we expressed Methanococcus jannaschii DP1 (MjaDP1), the B-subunit of DNA polymerase D, in Escherichia coli, and demonstrate that MjaDP1 ..
- Structure and subunit arrangement of the A-type ATP synthase complex from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii visualized by electron microscopyUnal Coskun
, Fachrichtung 2.5-Biophysik, D-66421 Homburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:38644-8. 2004..S. A. 100, 2312-2315). Here, we report the first projected structure of an intact A(1)A(0) ATP synthase from Methanococcus jannaschii as determined by electron microscopy and single particle analysis at a resolution of 1.8 nm...
- A thermostable platform for transcriptional regulation: the DNA-binding properties of two Lrp homologs from the hyperthermophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschiiM Ouhammouch
Division of Biology and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 0634, USA
EMBO J 20:146-56. 2001The hyperthermophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii encodes two putative transcription regulators, Ptr1 and Ptr2, related to the bacterial Lrp/AsnC family of transcriptional regulators...
- Continuous culture of Methanococcus maripaludis under defined nutrient conditionsAndrew K Haydock
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, P O Box 357242, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 238:85-91. 2004To study global regulation in the methanogenic archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis, we devised a system for steady-state growth in chemostats...
- Identification and characterization of a single-stranded DNA-binding protein from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschiiT J Kelly
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14634-9. 1998..We report here the identification and characterization of the SSB of an archaeon, Methanococcus jannaschii. The M...
- Structures of thermophilic and mesophilic adenylate kinases from the genus MethanococcusAngela R Criswell
Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Rice University, Houston, TX 77005, USA
J Mol Biol 330:1087-99. 2003The crystal structures of adenylate kinases from the thermophile Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus and the mesophile Methanococcus voltae have been solved to resolutions of 2.8A and 2.5A, respectively...
- Transcription factor S, a cleavage induction factor of the archaeal RNA polymeraseW Hausner
Institut fur Allgemeine Mikrobiologie, University of Kiel, Am Botanischen Garten 1 9, D 24118 Kiel, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 275:12393-9. 2000..Furthermore, TFS reduces the amount of non-chaseable elongation complexes at position +25 as well as position +45. These findings clearly demonstrate that this protein has a similar function to eukaryotic TFIIS...
- Detailed analysis of RNA-protein interactions within the ribosomal protein S8-rRNA complex from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschiiS Tishchenko
Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow Region, 142290, Russia
J Mol Biol 311:311-24. 2001The crystal structure of ribosomal protein S8 bound to its target 16 S rRNA from a hyperthermophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii has been determined at 2.6 A resolution...
- Divergent adaptation of tRNA recognition by Methanococcus jannaschii prolyl-tRNA synthetaseB Burke
Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 276:20286-91. 2001..The archaeal Methanococcus jannaschii ProRS is a member of the eukaryotic-like group, although its tRNA(Pro) possesses prokaryotic ..
- Noncoding RNA genes identified in AT-rich hyperthermophilesRobert J Klein
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Genetics, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO 63110, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:7542-7. 2002..bias in genomes of some hyperthermophilic organisms: simply screening for GC-rich regions in the AT-rich Methanococcus jannaschii and Pyrococcus furiosus genomes efficiently detects both known and new RNA genes with a high degree ..
- Structure of ribosomal protein L1 from Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus. Functionally important structural invariants on the L1 surfaceNatalia Nevskaya
Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, 142290 Pushchino, Moscow Region, Russia
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 58:1023-9. 2002The crystal structure of ribosomal protein L1 from the archaeon Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus has been determined at 2.7 A resolution. The crystals belong to space group P2(1)2(1)2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 67.0, b = 70...
- Solution nuclear magnetic resonance structure of a protein disulfide oxidoreductase from Methanococcus jannaschiiJ W Cave
Department of Chemistry, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720 1460, USA
Protein Sci 10:384-96. 2001..The secondary and tertiary structure of this protein from the archaebacterium Methanococcus jannaschii is similar to the structures that have been solved for the glutaredoxin proteins from Escherichia ..
- A stable archaeal pyruvate carboxylase from the hyperthermophile Methanococcus jannaschiiB Mukhopadhyay
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, 61801, USA
Arch Microbiol 174:406-14. 2000..carboxylase (PYC) of the hyperthermophilic, strictly hydrogenotrophic, autotrophic and marine methanarchaeon Methanococcus jannaschii was purified to homogeneity. Optimal activity was at pH 8...
- Archaeal RNA polymerase subunits F and P are bona fide homologs of eukaryotic RPB4 and RPB12F Werner
Department of Biochemistry, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2AY, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 28:4299-305. 2000..We prepared recombinant versions of the F and P subunits from Methanococcus jannaschii and used them in in vitro and in vivo protein interaction assays to demonstrate that they interact ..
- A novel pH2 control on the expression of flagella in the hyperthermophilic strictly hydrogenotrophic methanarchaeaon Methanococcus jannaschiiB Mukhopadhyay
Department of Microbiology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, B103 Chemical and Life Sciences Laboratory, 601 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:11522-7. 2000The methanarchaeon, Methanococcus jannaschii, a hyperthermophilic, autotrophic, and strictly hydrogenotrophic inhabitant of submarine hydrothermal vents, was cultivated in a reactor at two hydrogen partial pressure (p(H(2))) values, 178 ..
- Subunit exchange, conformational stability, and chaperone-like function of the small heat shock protein 16.5 from Methanococcus jannaschiiMichael P Bova
Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38468-75. 2002Hsp16.5, isolated from the hyperthermophilic Archaea Methanococcus jannaschii, is a member of the small heat-shock protein family. Small Hsps have 12- to 42-kDa subunit sizes and have sequences that are conserved among all organisms...
- Crystal structure of a dimeric archaeal splicing endonucleaseH Li
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Mol Biol 302:639-48. 2000..to that of a single subunit of the previously determined homotetrameric tRNA splicing endonuclease from Methanococcus jannaschii (MJ), indicating its role in catalysis...
- Pyruvoyl-dependent arginine decarboxylase from Methanococcus jannaschii: crystal structures of the self-cleaved and S53A proenzyme formsW David Tolbert
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Structure 11:285-94. 2003The three-dimensional structure of pyruvoyl-dependent arginine decarboxylase from Methanococcus jannaschii was determined at 1.4 A resolution...
- Hypermodification of tRNA in Thermophilic archaea. Cloning, overexpression, and characterization of tRNA-guanine transglycosylase from Methanococcus jannaschiiY Bai
Department of Chemistry, Portland State University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 275:28731-8. 2000..From homology searching of the Methanococcus jannaschii genome, a gene coding for an enzyme in the biosynthesis of archaeosine (tgt) was identified and ..
- Identification and characterisation of the selenocysteine-specific translation factor SelB from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschiiM Rother
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie der Universitat Munchen, Maria Ward Strasse 1a, Munchen, D 80638, Germany
J Mol Biol 299:351-8. 2000..this element affects decoding of an in-frame UGA with selenocysteine the open reading frames of the genome of Methanococcus jannaschii were searched for the existence of a homolog to the bacterial specialized translation factor SelB...
- Structure and dynamics of translation initiation factor aIF-1A from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii determined by NMR spectroscopyW Li
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Texas at Austin, 78712, USA
Protein Sci 10:2426-38. 2001Translation initiation factor 1A (aIF-1A) from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii was expressed in Escherichia coli, purified, and characterized in terms of its structure and dynamics using multidimensional NMR methods...
- A fully recombinant system for activator-dependent archaeal transcriptionMohamed Ouhammouch
Division of Biological Sciences and Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0634, USA
J Biol Chem 279:51719-21. 2004....
- Control regions of an archaeal gene. A TATA box and an initiator element promote cell-free transcription of the tRNA(Val) gene of Methanococcus vannieliiW Hausner
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Universitat Regensburg, Germany
J Mol Biol 222:495-508. 1991..sequences required for initiation of transcription in archaea, the 5'-flanking region of the tRNA(Val) gene of Methanococcus vannielii was modified by deletions, restructuring and site-directed mutagenesis, and the tRNA encoding ..
- Disruption of the operon encoding Ehb hydrogenase limits anabolic CO2 assimilation in the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludisIris Porat
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602-2605, USA
J Bacteriol 188:1373-80. 2006b>Methanococcus maripaludis is a mesophilic archaeon that reduces CO2 to methane with H2 or formate as an energy source. It contains two membrane-bound energy-conserving hydrogenases, Eha and Ehb...
- A reconstruction of the metabolism of Methanococcus jannaschii from sequence dataE Selkov
Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory, IL 60439 4844, USA
Gene 197:GC11-26. 1997The interpretation of the Methanococcus jannaschii genome will inevitably require many years of effort...
- Quantitative proteomics of the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis validated by microarray analysis and real time PCRQiangwei Xia
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 5:868-81. 2006For the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis, a fully sequenced and annotated model species of hydrogenotrophic methanogen, we report validation of quantitative protein level expression ratios on a proteome-wide basis...
- Asp302 determines potassium dependence of a RadA recombinase from Methanococcus voltaeXinguo Qian
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, A3 Health Sciences Building, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5E5
J Mol Biol 360:537-47. 2006..Our recent ATPase and structure studies on RadA recombinase from Methanococcus voltae have suggested that not only magnesium but also potassium ions are absorbed at the ATPase center...
- RNA-dependent conversion of phosphoserine forms selenocysteine in eukaryotes and archaeaJing Yuan
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and Chemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18923-7. 2006..SepSecS and PSTK coevolved with the archaeal and eukaryotic lineages, but the history of PSTK is marked by several horizontal gene transfer events, including transfer to non-Sec-decoding Cyanobacteria and fungi...
- Methanococcus aeolicus sp. nov., a mesophilic, methanogenic archaeon from shallow and deep marine sedimentsMelissa M Kendall
Biology Department, Portland State University, PO Box 751, Portland, OR 97207 0751, USA
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 56:1525-9. 2006..and Nankai-3(T) grew at temperatures that were more similar to those of recognized species within the genus Methanococcus. Strain Nankai-3(T) grew fastest at 46 degrees C...
- An Hfq-like protein in archaea: crystal structure and functional characterization of the Sm protein from Methanococcus jannaschiiJesper S Nielsen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, DK 5230 Odense M, Denmark
RNA 13:2213-23. 2007..there are generally only one or two subtypes of Sm-related proteins in archaea, but at least one archaeon, Methanococcus jannaschii, encodes a protein that is related to Hfq...
- Transduction-like gene transfer in the methanogen Methanococcus voltaeG Bertani
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91109, USA
J Bacteriol 181:2992-3002. 1999Strain PS of Methanococcus voltae (a methanogenic, anaerobic archaebacterium) was shown to generate spontaneously 4...
- Quantitative proteomics of nutrient limitation in the hydrogenotrophic methanogen Methanococcus maripaludisQiangwei Xia
Department of Chemical Engineering, Box 355014, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
BMC Microbiol 9:149. 2009Methanogenic Archaea play key metabolic roles in anaerobic ecosystems, where they use H2 and other substrates to produce methane. Methanococcus maripaludis is a model for studies of the global response to nutrient limitations.
- Crystal structure of the antitoxin-toxin protein complex RelB-RelE from Methanococcus jannaschiiDjordje Francuski
Kristallographie, Institut fur Chemie und Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Takustrasse 6, Berlin 14195, Germany
J Mol Biol 393:898-908. 2009Here we present the crystal structure of the Methanococcus jannaschii RelE-RelB (RelBE) toxin-antitoxin (TA) protein complex determined by the MIRAS (multiple isomorphous replacement with anomalous signal) method...
- The Thermotoga maritima phenotype is impacted by syntrophic interaction with Methanococcus jannaschii in hyperthermophilic cocultureM R Johnson
Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7905, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:811-8. 2006..the hyperthermophilic bacterium Thermotoga maritima when it was cocultured with the hyperthermophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii. For the mid-log-to-early-stationary-phase transition of a T. maritima monoculture, 24 genes (1...
- Crystal structure and evolution of a transfer RNA splicing enzymeH Li
Division of Biology, Mail Code 147 75, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Science 280:279-84. 1998..The crystal structure of the endonuclease from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii was determined to a resolution of 2.3 angstroms...
- MvaL1 autoregulates the synthesis of the three ribosomal proteins encoded on the MvaL1 operon of the archaeon Methanococcus vannielii by inhibiting its own translation before or at the formation of the first peptide bondC Mayer
Institut für Medizinische Chemie und Biochemie, Universitat Innsbruck, Austria
Mol Microbiol 27:455-68. 1998..In Archaea, only the regulation of the MvaL1 operon (encoding ribosomal proteins MvaL1, MvaL10 and MvaL12) of Methanococcus vannielii has been studied in some detail...
- Global responses of Methanococcus maripaludis to specific nutrient limitations and growth rateErik L Hendrickson
University of Washington, Department of Microbiology, Box 357242, Seattle, WA 98195 7242, USA
J Bacteriol 190:2198-205. 2008..and measurements of cellular amino acid pools and tRNA charging levels were used to determine the response of Methanococcus maripaludis to leucine limitation...
- Site-directed mutagenesis analysis of amino acids critical for activity of the type I signal peptidase of the archaeon Methanococcus voltaeSonia L Bardy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 3N6
J Bacteriol 187:1188-91. 2005Site-directed mutagenesis studies of the signal peptidase of the methanogenic archaeon Methanococcus voltae identified three conserved residues (Ser52, His122, and Asp148) critical for activity...
- RNA-dependent cysteine biosynthesis in archaeaAnselm Sauerwald
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8114, USA
Science 307:1969-72. 2005..This was proven for Methanococcus maripaludis, where deletion of the SepRS-encoding gene resulted in cysteine auxotrophy...
- Structural insights into RNA-dependent eukaryal and archaeal selenocysteine formationYuhei Araiso
Department of Biological Information, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 226 8501, Japan
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1187-99. 2008..Here, we present the crystal structure of Methanococcus maripaludis SepSecS complexed with PLP at 2.5 A resolution...
- Structure of a site-2 protease family intramembrane metalloproteaseLiang Feng
Department of Molecular Biology, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
Science 318:1608-12. 2007..The structure reveals how zinc embedded in an integral membrane protein can catalyze peptide cleavage...
- Crystal structure of archaeal recombinase RADA: a snapshot of its extended conformationYan Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, A3 Health Sciences Building, 107 Wiggins Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5E5
Mol Cell 15:423-35. 2004..We have determined the crystal structure of Methanococcus voltae RadA in complex with the ATP analog AMP-PNP at 2.0 A resolution. The RadA filament is a 106...
- Structure of the SRP19 RNA complex and implications for signal recognition particle assemblyTobias Hainzl
Umea Centre for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Nature 417:767-71. 2002..3 A resolution of the complex formed between 7S.S RNA and SRP19 in the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii. SRP19 bridges the tips of helices 6 and 8 of 7S...
- ATP binding to the motor domain from an ABC transporter drives formation of a nucleotide sandwich dimerPaul C Smith
Department of Biological Sciences, 702A Fairchild Center, MC2434, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
Mol Cell 10:139-49. 2002..These results establish the stereochemical basis of the power stroke of ABC transporter pumps...
- Interaction of signal-recognition particle 54 GTPase domain and signal-recognition particle RNA in the free signal-recognition particleTobias Hainzl
Umeå Center for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14911-6. 2007..In this study, we present the crystal structure at 2.5-A resolution of the SRP54-SRP19-SRP RNA complex of Methanococcus jannaschii SRP...
- The active site of a lon protease from Methanococcus jannaschii distinctly differs from the canonical catalytic Dyad of Lon proteasesYoung Jun Im
Department of Life Science, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju 500 712, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:53451-7. 2004..b>Methanococcus jannaschii Lon (Mj-Lon) is a homologue of Escherichia coli Lon (Ec-Lon) but has two transmembrane helices ..
- Preliminary structural studies on the MtxX protein from Methanococcus jannaschiiDong Hae Shin
College of Pharmacy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul 120 750, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 64:300-3. 2008b>Methanococcus jannaschii has an mtr gene cluster expressing N(5)-methyltetrahydromethanopterin:coenzyme M methyltransferase, which generates methane by reducing CO(2) with H(2) with concomitant energy production under strictly anaerobic ..
- Selenocysteine tRNA-specific elongation factor SelB is a structural chimaera of elongation and initiation factorsMarc Leibundgut
Institut fur Molekularbiologie und Biophysik, Eidgenossische Technische Hochschule Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 24:11-22. 2005..Here, we present the X-ray structures of SelB from the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis in the apo-, GDP- and GppNHp-bound form and use mutational analysis to investigate the role of ..
- Structures of dCTP deaminase from Escherichia coli with bound substrate and product: reaction mechanism and determinants of mono- and bifunctionality for a family of enzymesEva Johansson
Centre for Crystallographic Studies, Department of Chemistry, University of Copenhagen Universitetsparken 5, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Biol Chem 280:3051-9. 2005..We suggest a catalytic mechanism for the dCTP deaminase and identify structural differences to dUTPases that prevent hydrolysis of the dCTP triphosphate...
- The determinants of the oligomeric structure in Hsp16.5 are encoded in the alpha-crystallin domainHanane A Koteiche
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University, 1161 21st Ave. South, 741 Light Hall, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
FEBS Lett 519:16-22. 2002The determinants of the oligomeric assembly of Hsp16.5, a small heat-shock protein (sHSP) from Methanococcus jannaschii, were explored via site-directed truncation and site-directed spin labeling...
- FlaK of the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis possesses preflagellin peptidase activitySonia L Bardy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen's University, K7L 3N6, Kingston, ON, Canada
FEMS Microbiol Lett 208:53-9. 2002..We show here that FlaK of Methanococcus maripaludis has preflagellin peptidase activity...
- Crystal structure of an ATPase-active form of Rad51 homolog from Methanococcus voltae. Insights into potassium dependenceYan Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5E5, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:722-8. 2005..Here we present the finding that archaeal RadA from Methanococcus voltae (MvRadA) is a stringent potassium-dependent ATPase, and the crystal structure of this protein in ..
- RNA:(guanine-N2) methyltransferases RsmC/RsmD and their homologs revisited--bioinformatic analysis and prediction of the active site based on the uncharacterized Mj0882 protein structureJanusz M Bujnicki
Bioinformatics Laboratory, International Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, ul, KS, Trojdena 4, 02 109 Warsaw, Poland
BMC Bioinformatics 3:10. 2002..Their C-terminal domain is related to the YbiN family of hypothetical MTases, but nothing is known about the structure or function of the N-terminal domain...
- Crystal structure of MJ1247 protein from M. jannaschii at 2.0 A resolution infers a molecular function of 3-hexulose-6-phosphate isomeraseLuis Alfonso Martinez-Cruz
Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
Structure 10:195-204. 2002..The fold represents the nucleotide binding motif of a flavodoxin type. MJ1247 is a tetramer in the crystal and in solution and each monomer has a folding similar to the isomerase domain of glucosamine-6-phosphate synthase (GlmS)...
- Reversible unfolding of FtsZ cell division proteins from archaea and bacteria. Comparison with eukaryotic tubulin folding and assemblyJose Manuel Andreu
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Velazquez 144, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:43262-70. 2002The stability, refolding, and assembly properties of FtsZ cell division proteins from Methanococcus jannaschii and Escherichia coli have been investigated...
- Crystal structure of the radical SAM enzyme catalyzing tricyclic modified base formation in tRNAYoko Suzuki
Department of Biological Information, Graduate School of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, B34 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa 226 8501, Japan
J Mol Biol 372:1204-14. 2007..Mutational analyses in yeast supported the validity of this complex model structure, which provides a structural insight into the radical reaction involving two [4Fe-4S] clusters to create a complex tricyclic base...
- [Construction of three-dimensional models of Arabidopsis thaliana FtsZ-proteins on basis of crystal structure of archaebacterial FtsZ-GDP complex]O N Demchuk
Tsitol Genet 40:10-20. 2006..Crystal structure of the FtsZ-GDP complex from archaea Methanococcus jannaschii (PDB-code 1FSZ) was used as a matrix...
- Structural and functional investigation of a putative archaeal selenocysteine synthaseJens T Kaiser
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, M C 114 96, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Biochemistry 44:13315-27. 2005..We have determined the crystal structure of the corresponding protein from Methanococcus jannaschii, MJ0158...
- A new branch in the family: structure of aspartate-beta-semialdehyde dehydrogenase from Methanococcus jannaschiiChristopher R Faehnle
Department of Chemistry, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft St, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
J Mol Biol 353:1055-68. 2005The structure of aspartate-beta-semialdehyde dehydrogenase (ASADH) from Methanococcus jannaschii has been determined to 2...
- Cloning and characterization of archaeal type I signal peptidase from Methanococcus voltaeSandy Y M Ng
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
J Bacteriol 185:5936-42. 2003..In this study, the putative type I signal peptidase gene in Methanococcus voltae was cloned and overexpressed in Escherichia coli, the membranes of which were used as the enzyme source ..
- Crystal structure of shikimate 5-dehydrogenase (SDH) bound to NADP: insights into function and evolutionAnil K Padyana
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Structure 11:1005-13. 2003The crystal structure of Methanococcus jannaschii shikimate 5-dehydrogenase (MjSDH) bound to the cofactor nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP) has been determined at 2.35 A resolution...
- Crystal structure of Methanobacterium thermoautotrophicum phosphoribosyl-AMP cyclohydrolase HisIJ Sivaraman
Biotechnology Research Institute, National Research Council, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2R2, Canada, Montreal
Biochemistry 44:10071-80. 2005..The putative substrate-binding cleft is formed at the interface between the two monomers of the dimer. This fact, combined with the localization of the Zn(2+)-binding site, indicates that the enzyme is an obligate dimer...
- X-ray structure of translation initiation factor eIF2gamma: implications for tRNA and eIF2alpha bindingAntonina Roll-Mecak
Laboratories of Molecular Biophysics, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10634-42. 2004..These structural, biochemical, and genetic results provide new insights into eIF2 ternary complex assembly...
- Crystal structure of the nucleotide-binding domain of the ABC-transporter haemolysin B: identification of a variable region within ABC helical domainsLutz Schmitt
Institut fur Biochemie, Biozentrum N210, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat Frankfurt, Marie Curie Str 9, 60439, Frankfurt, Germany
J Mol Biol 330:333-42. 2003..As this region interacts with the transmembrane part of ABC-transporters, the SDR helps to explain the selectivity and/or targeting of different NBDs to their cognate transmembrane domains...
- Crystal structure of 4-(cytidine 5'-diphospho)-2-C-methyl-D-erythritol kinase, an enzyme in the non-mevalonate pathway of isoprenoid synthesisTakashi Wada
Genomic Sciences Center, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, and Protein Design Laboratory, Yokohama City University, 1 7 29 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:30022-7. 2003..Assaying the enzyme showed that CDP-ME kinase will phosphorylate CDP-ME but not 4-(uridine 5'-diphospho)-2-C-methyl-D-erythritol, indicating the substrate pyrimidine moiety is involved in important interactions with the enzyme...
- Three-dimensional solution structure of an archaeal FKBP with a dual function of peptidyl prolyl cis-trans isomerase and chaperone-like activitiesRintaro Suzuki
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
J Mol Biol 328:1149-60. 2003Here we report the solution structure of an archaeal FK506-binding protein (FKBP) from a thermophilic archaeum, Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus (MtFKBP17), which has peptidyl prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) and chaperone-like ..
- A lysR-type regulator is involved in the negative regulation of genes encoding selenium-free hydrogenases in the archaeon Methanococcus voltaeJunsong Sun
Genetics, Department of Biology, Philipps-University of Marburg, D-35032 Marburg, Germany
Mol Microbiol 52:563-71. 2004The archaeon Methanococcus voltae encodes two pairs of NiFe-hydrogenase isoenzymes. One hydrogenase of each pair contains selenium in the active site, whereas the other one is selenium-free...
- A novel uracil-DNA glycosylase family related to the helix-hairpin-helix DNA glycosylase superfamilyJi Hyung Chung
Yonsei Research Institute of Aging Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, 120-752, Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 31:2045-55. 2003..To date, no UDG-coding gene has been identified in Methanococcus jannaschii, although its entire genome was deciphered...
- Structural insights into HypB, a GTP-binding protein that regulates metal bindingRaphael Gasper
Max Planck Institut fur molekulare Physiologie, Abteilung Strukturelle Biologie, Otto Hahn Strasse 11, 44227 Dortmund, Germany
J Biol Chem 281:27492-502. 2006..The homology with NifH, the Fe protein subunit of nitrogenase, suggests a mechanistic model for the switch-dependent incorporation of a metal ion into hydrogenases...
- Cocrystal structures of diaminopimelate decarboxylase: mechanism, evolution, and inhibition of an antibiotic resistance accessory factorSoumya S Ray
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, The Rockefeller University, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Structure 10:1499-508. 2002Cocrystal structures of Methanococcus jannaschii diaminopimelate decarboxylase (DAPDC) bound to a substrate analog, azelaic acid, and its L-lysine product have been determined at 2.6 A and 2.0 A, respectively...
- Systematic site-directed mutagenesis of human protein SRP54: interactions with signal recognition particle RNA and modes of signal peptide recognitionQiaojia Huang
Department of Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler, P.O. Box 2003, Tyler, Texas 75710, USA
Biochemistry 41:11362-71. 2002..The mutant polypeptides were expressed in Escherichia coli, and their ability to bind to human and Methanococcus jannaschii SRP RNA were determined in vitro...
- Identification and characterization of a L-tyrosine decarboxylase in Methanocaldococcus jannaschiiNicole D Kezmarsky
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0308, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1722:175-82. 2005..Homologs of this gene are widely distributed among euryarchaea but are not specifically related to known bacterial or plant tyrosine decarboxylases...
- Identification of a pH regulated Na(+)/H(+) antiporter of Methanococcus jannaschiiJens Hellmer
Universitat Hannover, Institut fur Biophysik, Herrenhäuserstr 2, D 30419, Hannover, Germany
FEBS Lett 527:245-9. 2002The genome of the hyperthermophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii contains three Na(+)/H(+) antiporter related genes Mj0057, Mj1521 and Mj1275...
- Structure of an archaeal homolog of the eukaryotic RNA polymerase II RPB4/RPB7 complexF Todone
Department of Biological Sciences, Imperial College, Exhibition Road, SW7 2AZ, London, United Kingdom
Mol Cell 8:1137-43. 2001..We have determined the crystal structure of the complex between the Methanococcus jannaschii subunits E and F, the archaeal homologs of RPB7 and RPB4...
- Structure of the universal stress protein of Haemophilus influenzaeM C Sousa
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Structure 9:1135-41. 2001..However, neither the structure of UspA nor the biochemical mechanism by which it protects cells from the broad spectrum of stress agents is known...
- Characterization of flagellum gene families of methanogenic archaea and localization of novel flagellum accessory proteinsN A Thomas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
J Bacteriol 183:7154-64. 2001..In this study, a conserved flagellar gene family from each of Methanococcus voltae, Methanococcus maripaludis, Methanococcus thermolithotrophicus, and Methanococcus jannaschii has been ..
- RNA-protein interactions of an archaeal homotetrameric splicing endoribonuclease with an exceptional evolutionary historyJ Lykke-Andersen
RNA Regulation Centre, Institute of Molecular Biology, Copenhagen University, Solvgade 83H, DK 1307 Copenhagen K, Denmark
EMBO J 16:6290-300. 1997The splicing endoribonuclease from Methanococcus jannaschii, a member of a recently defined family of enzymes involved in splicing of archaeal introns and eukaryotic nuclear tRNA introns, was isolated and shown by cross-linking studies ..
- Archaeal ribosomal protein L1: the structure provides new insights into RNA binding of the L1 protein familyN Nevskaya
Institute of Protein Research, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, 142292, Moscow Region, Russia
Structure 8:363-71. 2000..The crystal structure of bacterial L1 from Thermus thermophilus (TthL1) has previously been determined...
- Archaeal gene recruitment by the ChlamydialesDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2007..of a pyruvoyl-dependent arginine decarboxylase gene, previously identified in the non-pathogenic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii...
- Membrane Protein Folding and AssemblyStephen H White; Fiscal Year: 2011..We have discovered through molecular dynamics simulations of the SecYEG translocon from Methanococcus jannaschii, whose 3D structure is known, that the translocon is stabilized in its closed state by an intricate ..
- FEN1 STRUCTURES AND HUMAN GENOME STABILITYJohn Tainer; Fiscal Year: 2002..and then used to solve pFEN-1 mutant structures as well as possible human, yeast, Archaeglobis fulgidus and Methanococcus jannaschii FEN-1 structures...
- PROTEIN TRANSLOCATION ACROSS THE ENDOPLASMIC RETICULUMJAMES REID GILMORE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The structure of the Methanococcus jannaschii SecYE2 complex provides an excellent model for the closed conformation of a eukaryotic protein ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES OF METHYL CYCLE ENZYMESFusao Takusagawa; Fiscal Year: 2003..S-adenosylm ethionine synthetase from human, rat, Methanococcus jannaschii, and E. coli. Glycline N-methyltransferase and guanidinoacetate methyltransferase from rat liver...
- High Resolution Structural Dyanmics of K ChannelsEDUARDO A PEROZO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Phosphatase (Ci-VSP) and the hyperpolarization-activated six-transmembrane segment (6TM) channel from Methanococcus janschii (MVP)...
- ENZYMATIC MECHANISMS OF SULFUR NUCLEOSIDE METABOLISMGEORGE MARKHAM; Fiscal Year: 2003..very different sequences from those of the eukarya and prokarya, suggesting an altered catalytic strategy; the Methanococcus jannaschii synthetase will be characterized...
- Structure Studies of Processive DNA ReplicationJohn Kuriyan; Fiscal Year: 2010..coli, the thermophilic eubacterium Aquifex aeolicus, the archaeon Methanococcus janschii and the eukaryote S. cerevisiae...
- Structure Studies of Processive DNA ReplicationJohn Kuriyan; Fiscal Year: 2007..coli, the thermophilic eubacterium Aquifex aeolicus, the archaeon Methanococcus janschii and the eukaryote S. cerevisiae...
- Investigation of Noncanonical Cysteine tRNA SynthetasesKirk Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2004..Three members from this unique group were revealed from the Methanococcus jannaschii, Deinococcus radiodurans, and Thermotoga maritima...
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Structures and Dynamics of ProteinsARTHUR PALMER; Fiscal Year: 2009..binding by the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) MJ1267 of the branched chain amino acid (LIV) transporter from Methanococcus jannaschii. GCN4 is the prototypical member of the bZip family of transcription activators...
- High Resolution Sructural Dynamics of K ChannelsEduardo Perozo; Fiscal Year: 2007..attention on a newly characterized hyperpolarization-activated six-transmembrane segment (6TM) channel from Methanococcus janschii (MVP)...
- High Resolution Sructural Dynamics of K ChannelsEduardo Perozo; Fiscal Year: 2009..attention on a newly characterized hyperpolarization-activated six-transmembrane segment (6TM) channel from Methanococcus janschii (MVP)...
- HIGH RESOLUTION STRUCTURAL DYNAMICS OF K CHANNELSEduardo Perozo; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, we will focus our attention on a newly characterized six-transmembrane segment (6TM) channel from Methanococcus janschii (which we have named KchV-O)...
- PREFOLDING AND PROTEIN FOLDINGNICHOLAS COWAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will coexpress the two prefoldin subunit homologs from the archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii in E...
- Activation of PI Specific Phospholipase C EnzymesMARY FEDARKO ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2010..The studies of the bacterial enzymes may provide new treatments for slowing/inhibiting infections. ..
- ACTIVATION OF PI-SPECIFIC PHOSPHOLIPASE C ENZYMESMary Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..This information will be critical in finding ways to manipulate these enzymes in vivo. ..
- GENOME SEQUENCE AND REGULATION IN M MARIPALUDISJOHN LEIGH; Fiscal Year: 2002..we propose to carry out three-fold (3X) random DNA sequencing of the genome of the methanogenic archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis...
- Structural Studies of the Pyrimidine PathwayJacqueline Vitali; Fiscal Year: 2004..this proposal we focus on the enzyme aspartate transcarbamoylase from the thermophilic and barophilic archaeon Methanococcus jannaschii...
- Methanococcus maripaludis as an emerging model organismJOHN LEIGH; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Methanococcus maripaludis is emerging as a premier model for the methanogens and the Archaea. It grows unusually well, has an extensive set of facile genetic tools, and has a known complete annotated genome sequence...
- INTERFACIAL ACTIVATION OF WATER SOLUBLE PHOSPHOLIPASESMary Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NIF GENE REGULATION IN METHANOCOCCUSJOHN LEIGH; Fiscal Year: 2001..The regulation of nif (nitrogen fixation) gene expression in the archaeon Methanococcus maripaludis will be investigated...