Summary: An ascarid nematode found primarily in the small intestine of the larger Felidae as well as dogs and cats. It differs from TOXOCARA in that the larvae do not migrate through the lungs. It does occasionally produce visceral larva migrans (LARVA MIGRANS, VISCERAL) in man, although more rarely than does Toxocara.
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and the safety of a combination of oxantel/pyrantel/praziquantel in the treatment of naturally acquired gastrointestinal nematode and/or cestode infestations in dogs in EuropeE Grandemange
VETOQUINOL Research Centre, BP189, 70204 LURE Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 145:94-9. 2007..A pooled analysis was performed on each of the following helminth species: Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum, Toxascaris leonina, Trichuris vulpis, Uncinaria stenocephala, Taenia spp...
- Prevalence of Toxocara spp., Toxascaris leonina and ancylostomidae in public parks and beaches in different climate zones of Costa RicaIsabelle Paquet-Durand
Escuela de Medicina Veterinaria, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Acta Trop 104:30-7. 2007..Faecal and environmental samples were taken from 69 parks and beaches. Of the faecal samples 3% contained Toxascaris spp. eggs, 7% Toxocara spp. eggs and 55% contained ancylostomidae eggs...
- Electrophoretic analysis of sequence variability in three mitochondrial DNA regions for ascaridoid parasites of human and animal health significanceMing wei Li
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, Guangdong Province, The People s Republic of China
Electrophoresis 29:2912-7. 2008..cati, T. malaysiensis, T. vitulorum and Toxascaris leonina from different geographical origins was examined by a mutation-scanning approach...
- Prevalence and viability of eggs of Toxocara spp. and Toxascaris leonina in public parks in eastern SpainM R Ruiz De Ybáñez
Parasitologia y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Espinardo, Spain
J Helminthol 75:169-73. 2001To demonstrate the prevalence of Toxocara spp. and Toxascaris leonina eggs in parks in Murcia city, eastern Spain, a total 644 soil samples were examined from nine parks. More than 67% of parks and 1...
- Efficacy of selamectin against experimentally induced and naturally acquired ascarid (Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina) infections in dogsT L McTier
Animal Health Clinical Affairs, Central Research Division, Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Vet Parasitol 91:333-45. 2000..canis; one laboratory study evaluated selamectin against naturally acquired infections of both T. canis and Toxascaris leonina; one field study evaluated selamectin against naturally acquired infections of ascarids (T...
- Efficacy of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against mature and immature infections with Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S1-8. 2009..Profender tablets for dogs) against mature adult, immature adult and larval stages of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina was evaluated in ten randomised, blinded and placebo-controlled dose confirmation studies in naturally ..
- Comparison of isolates and species of Toxocara and Toxascaris by biosynthetic labelling of somatic and ES proteins from infective larvaeA P Page
Department of Biology, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London
Parasitology 103:451-64. 1991..Two other closely related ascaridids, Toxascaris leonina which infects cats and dogs, and Toxocara vitulorum (Neoascaris vitulorum) which infects cattle, were ..
- Identification of host immune regulation candidate genes of Toxascaris leonina by expression sequenced tags (ESTs) analysisMin Kyoung Cho
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Pusan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Vet Parasitol 164:242-7. 2009b>Toxascaris leonina adult worms live in the gastrointestinal tract of dog, cat, and fox, releasing eggs which enter the environment by the fecal route. Previously, we reported that T...
- Influence of parasitism on trace element contents in tissues of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) and its parasites Mesocestoides spp. (Cestoda) and Toxascaris leonina (Nematoda)Ivana Jankovská
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences, 165 21, Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:469-77. 2010..Cestoda) and Toxascaris leonina (Nematoda) was studied...
- Diagnostic morphology of four larval ascaridoid nematodes that may cause visceral larva migrans: Toxascaris leonina, Baylisascaris procyonis, Lagochilascaris sprenti, and Hexametra leidyiD D Bowman
Department of Parasitology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
J Parasitol 73:1198-215. 1987The gross and histological morphology of the larvae of 4 ascaridoid nematodes, Toxascaris leonina, Baylisascaris procyonis, Lagochilascaris sprenti, and Hexametra leidyi, are described. The larvae of T. leonina, B. procyonis, and L...
- Immunization of proteins from Toxascaris leonina adult worm inhibits allergic specific Th2 responseKeun Hee Lee
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Vet Parasitol 156:216-25. 2008..specific Th2 response, we applied excretory-secretory protein (Tl-ES) or total protein (Tl-TP) of the adult worm Toxascaris leonina to asthma model mice prior to or simultaneously with OVA challenge, after which we assessed the OVA-..
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..2.4%), Cryptosporidium spp. (1.4%), Trichuris sp. (1.1%), Taenia-type (1.0%), Giardia spp. (0.1%), Toxascaris sp. (0.9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0...
- Survey of intestinal parasites in stray dogs in the Madrid area and comparison of the efficacy of three anthelmintics in naturally infected dogsGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Parasitol Res 100:317-20. 2007..3.8%), Toxocara canis (7.8%), Toxascaris leonina (6.3%), Ancylostomidae (4%), Trichuris vulpis (3.3%), Taenidae (2.9%) and Dipylidium caninum (0.9%)...
- Effect of short-term coyote removal on populations of coyote helminthsScott E Henke
MSC 218, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 8202, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:54-67. 2002..01 coyotes/km2. Twelve helminth species consisting of seven nematodes (Ancylostoma caninum, Physaloptera rara, Toxascaris leonina, Dirofilaria immitis, Spirocerca lupi, Oslerus osleri, and Capillaria aerophila), three cestodes (Taenia ..
- A study on intestinal helminthes of dogs, foxes and jackals in the western part of IranA Dalimi
Department of Parasitology, Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modarres University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Vet Parasitol 142:129-33. 2006..02%), Toxascaris leonina (32.53%), Ancylostoma caninum (3.61%), Oxynema sp. (1.35%), Rictularia affinis (12...
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and safety of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against naturally acquired nematode and cestode infections in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S23-9. 2009..The following parasite species were identified: Trichuris vulpis, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum, Dipylidium caninum, Taeniidae and Mesocestoides spp...
- A wide diversity of zoonotic intestinal parasites infects urban and rural dogs in Neuquén, Patagonia, ArgentinaSilvia Viviana Soriano
Catedra de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Escuela de Medicina, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Buenos Aires 1400, J B Alberdi 136, 8300 Neuquen, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 167:81-5. 2010..35%), Taenia spp./Echinococcus spp. (12.65%), Trichurisvulpis (6.06%), Giardia spp. (1.29%), Toxascaris leonina (0.56%), Ancylostomacaninum (0.41%), Dipylidium caninum (0.31%), Diphyllobothrium spp. (0...
- Ecological analyses of the intestinal helminth communities of the wolf, Canis lupus, in SpainJuan Matías Segovia
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avda Joan XVIII s n, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 50:231-6. 2003..aff. litteratus, Toxocara canis (Werner, 1782), Toxascaris leonina (von Linstow, 1902), Ancylostoma caninum (Ercolani, 1859) and Trichuris vulpis (Froelich, 1789), behave ..
- Distribution, prevalence, and genetic characterization of Baylisascaris procyonis in selected areas of GeorgiaEmily L Blizzard
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Parasitol 96:1128-33. 2010..In addition, Toxascaris leonina , a morphologically similar ascarid, was found in 3 raccoons from Clarke County (n = 2) and Morgan ..
- Gastrointestinal parasites of shepherd and hunting dogs in the Serres Prefecture, Northern GreeceM Papazahariadou
Laboratory of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Vet Parasitol 148:170-3. 2007..2.8%), Alaria alata (2.5%), Strongyloides stercoralis (1.8%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (1.1%), Toxascaris leonina (0.7%) and Dipylidium caninum (0.3%). The prevalence of T. canis and Isospora (Cystoisospora) spp...
- Survey of infectious and parasitic diseases in stray cats at the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, PortugalAna Duarte
Centro de Investigação Interdisciplinar em Sanidade Animal CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, TULisbon, Avenida da Universidade Tecnica, 1300 477 Lisboa, Portugal
J Feline Med Surg 12:441-6. 2010..samples (Toxocara cati, Isospora felis, Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Dipylidium caninum, Uncinaria stenocephala, Toxascaris leonina) and Otodectes cynotis in 4/182 cats (2.2%); dermatophyte fungi were isolated in 40/136 samples (29...
- Prevalence of Toxocara cati and other parasites in cats' faeces collected from the open spaces of public institutions: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaI E Sommerfelt
Cátedra de Veterinaria en Salud Pública, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Av Chorroarin 280, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 140:296-301. 2006..cati (61.2%), Cystoisospora spp. (20.3%), Trichuris spp. (17.0%), Toxascaris leonina (15.1%), Ancylostoma spp. (14%) and Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (2.6%). T. cati prevalence was 35...
- Endoparasites of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in central ItalyM Magi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi ed Igiene degli Alimenti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Wildl Dis 45:881-5. 2009..3%), Mesocestoides lineatus (45.4%), Uncinaria stenocephala (39.1%), Toxocara canis (9.1%), and Toxascaris leonina (5.4%). Other parasites not associated with the intestine included Crenosoma vulpis (14...
- [Prevalence of helminths in dogs in the region of Van and their potential public health significance]Reyhan Orhun
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi, Saglik Yüksekokulu, Van
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:103-7. 2006..Two Cestoda species and 4 Nematoda species were detected. Toxascaris leonina (23.5%), Taenia spp. (14.8%), Ancylostoma caninum (8.7%), Dipylidium caninum (3...
- Canine faecal contamination and parasitic risk in the city of Naples (southern Italy)Laura Rinaldi
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Napoli, Italy
BMC Vet Res 2:29. 2006..Logistic regression model was used to evaluate the association between positivity to parasitic elements and number of canine faeces...
- PCR tools for the verification of the specific identity of ascaridoid nematodes from dogs and catsM W Li
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, 483 Wushan Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510642, Guangdong Province, The People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Probes 21:349-54. 2007..ITS-1 and ITS-2) of nuclear ribosomal DNA (rDNA) of Toxocara canis, Toxocara cati, Toxocara malaysiensis and Toxascaris leonina, specific forward primers were designed in the ITS-1 or ITS-2 for each of the four ascaridoid species of ..
- [Contamination of playgrounds in Gdańsk city with parasite eggs]Jerzy Rokicki
Katedra Zoologii Bezkrrgowców, Uniwersytet Gdanski, Al Marszalka Piłsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia
Wiad Parazytol 53:227-30. 2007..We examined the contamination of playgrounds with parasite eggs in Gdatisk city, and frequency of infections of dogs and cats in the area under study...
- Influence of urbanization on the epidemiology of intestinal helminths of the red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in Geneva, SwitzerlandLeslie A Reperant
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Parasitol Res 101:605-11. 2007..3%). The lower prevalence of Toxascaris leonina in the urban area (8.0%) compared to the rural area (59...
- Estimation of canine intestinal parasites in Córdoba (Spain) and their risk to public healthF J Martínez-Moreno
Cátedra de Parasitología y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus de Rabanales Edificio Sanidad Animal, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
Vet Parasitol 143:7-13. 2007..2%), Taenia hydatigena (7.66%), Taenia pisiformis (4%), Uncinaria stenocephala (33.27%), Toxascaris leonina (14.94%), Toxocara canis (17.72%) and Trichuris vulpis (1.66%)...
- Intestinal nematodes: biology and controlChristian Epe
Companion Animal Parasiticides Research Group, Novartis Centre de Recherche Santé Animale SA, CH 1566 St Aubin FR, Switzerland
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:1091-107, vi-vii. 2009..Important species that live in the small intestine are roundworms of the genus Toxocara (T canis, T cati) and Toxascaris (ie, T leonina), and hookworms of the genus Ancylostoma (A caninum, A braziliense, A tubaeforme) or Uncinaria (U ..
- [Infections with endoparasites in dogs in Dutch animal shelters]W E le Nobel
Hoofdafdeling Infectieziekten en Immunologie, Afdeling Parasitologie en Tropische Diergeneeskunde, Faculteit der Diergeneeskunde, Universiteit Utrecht, Postbus 80165, 3508 TD Utrecht
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 129:40-4. 2004..Eggs of Toxocara canis were found in 8.5% of the faecal samples. Other endoparasites found were Toxascaris leonina (0.5%), Trichuris vulpis (4.9%), Uncinaria stenocephala (2.2%), Dipylidium caninum (1.3%), Taenia spp...
- A survey of gastrointestinal helminths in cats of the metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro, BrazilNorma Labarthe
Departamento de Patologia e Clínica Veterinária, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rua Vital Brazil Filho 64, Santa Rosa, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro Cep 24230 340, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 123:133-9. 2004..6%), Ancylostoma braziliense (65.9%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (8.9%), Toxocara cati (25.2%), Toxascaris leonina (11.9%), Physaloptera praeputialis (9.6%)...
- Intestinal and lung parasites in owned dogs and cats from central ItalyFrancesca Riggio
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi e Igiene degli Alimenti, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Pisa, Viale delle Piagge 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Vet Parasitol 193:78-84. 2013..Examined dogs resulted infected by Toxocara canis (13.0%), Toxascaris leonina (1.7%), Trichuris vulpis (3.3%), Ancylostoma caninum (2.0%), Uncinaria stenocephala (1...
- Helminths of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in DenmarkI Saeed
Danish Centre for Experimental Parasitology, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Dyrlaegevej 100, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Parasitol 139:168-79. 2006..4%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (48.6% from Northern Zealand (endemic area)), Toxocara canis (59.4%), Toxascaris leonina (0.6%), Uncinaria stenocephala (68.6%), Ancylostoma caninum (0.6%), and Trichuris vulpis (0...
- Nematodes parasites of the gray fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus Schreber, 1775) in the seasonally dry tropical highlands of central MexicoNorma Hernández-Camacho
Escuela de Biologia, Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Av De las Ciencias s n Juriquilla Delegación Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Queretaro, C P 76230, Mexico
Parasitol Res 108:1425-9. 2011..typical of wild and domestic canids such as Strongyloides stercoralis, Uncinaria stenocephala, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Dioctophyme renale, Trichuris vulpis, Trichuris sp., and Capillaria sp...
- Endoparasites in dogs and cats in Germany 1999-2002D Barutzki
Veterinary Laboratory Freiburg, Postfach 100120, D 79120 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Parasitol Res 90:S148-50. 2003..In the infected dogs the following parasites have been identified: Class Nematodea: Toxocara canis: 22.4%, Toxascaris leonina: 1.8%, Ancylostomatidae: 8.6%, Trichuris vulpis: 4.0%, Capillaria spp.: 2.3%, Crenosoma vulpis: 0...
- Efficacy of fenbendazole and piperazine against developing stages of toxocara and toxascaris in dogsM A Fisher
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Veterinary College University of London, Hertfordshire
Vet Rec 132:473-5. 1993..0 per cent and third stage, fourth stage and immature adult stages of Toxascaris leonina by 92.4 per cent...
- Superoxide dismutase activity in nematodesM Sanchez-Moreno
Seccion de Bioquimica, Instituto López Neyra de Parasitolog ia, C S I C, Granada, Spain
J Helminthol 61:229-32. 1987..C.:220.127.116.11) and catalase (E.C.:18.104.22.168) were studied in purified extracts of four nematodes: Ascaris suum, Toxascaris leonina, Toxocara canis and T. cati adult males and females...
- The parasite fauna of stray domestic cats (Felis catus) in Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRolf K Schuster
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Parasitol Res 105:125-34. 2009..4%), Ancylostoma ceylanicum (8.8%), Ollulanus tricuspis (0.8%), Toxocara mystax (2.9%), Toxascaris leonina (0.8%), Pterygodermatites affinis (35.0%), Centrorhynchus aluconis (4.6%), Rhipicephalus sanguineus (4...
- Natural infection by endoparasites among free-living wild animalsLuciane Holsback
Setor de Veterinária e Produção Animal, Centro de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidade Estadual do Norte do Paraná, Campus Luiz Meneghel, Bandeirantes, PR, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 22:302-6. 2013..Among the most common parasites found, there were eggs from Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina and Ancylostoma tubaeforme, and from Cestoda. Several Enterobius sp...
- [The occurrence of gastrointestinal cestode and nematode infections in stray dogs in Afyonkarahisar and Eskisehir provinces]Esma Kozan
Afyon Kocatepe Universitesi Veteriner Fakültesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:208-11. 2007..In the Afyonkarahisar province 59.4% hookworms, 47.8% Toxascaris leonina, 36.2% Toxocara canis, 2.9% Dipylidium caninum and 2.9% Taenia spp. were detected...
- An epidemiological study of gastrointestinal parasites of dogs from Southern Greater Buenos Aires (Argentina): age, gender, breed, mixed infections, and seasonal and spatial patternsMaría F Fontanarrosa
Laboratorio DIAP Diagnóstico en Animales Pequeños, Inca 109 B1836BBC, Llavallol, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 136:283-95. 2006..5 cases), and Toxascaris leonina (1 case). There was no significant difference in the overall prevalence between genders (female = 50...
- Coprological study on intestinal helminths in Swiss dogs: temporal aspects of anthelminthic treatmentH Sager
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Parasitol Res 98:333-8. 2006..1%), hookworms (6.9%), Trichuris vulpis (5.5%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%), Taeniidae (1.3%), Capillaria spp. (0.8%), and Diphyllobothrium latum (0.4%)...
- Frequency distribution of Echinococcus multilocularis and other helminths of foxes in KyrgyzstanI Ziadinov
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Parasitol 171:286-92. 2010..In addition Mesocestoides spp., Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Capillaria and Acanthocephala spp...
- Prevalence and risk factors of Giardia duodenalis in dogs from RomaniaViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj Napoca, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 184:325-9. 2012..6%), Sarcocystis spp. (5/52; 9.6%), Isospora canis (4/52; 7.7%), Capillaria aerophila (3/52; 5.8%), Strongyloides stercoralis (2/52; 93.8%), Dipylidium caninum (1/52; 1.9%) and Toxascaris leonina (1/52; 1.9%).
- Prevalence of Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Dirofilaria immitis in dogs in Chuncheon, Korea (2004)Yong Hun Kim
Department of Parasitology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 43:65-7. 2005The intestines and hearts of dogs were examined for Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, and Dirofilaria immitis, after necropsy between June 26 and September 29, 2004 in Chuncheon, Korea. Of the 662 dogs examined, 6 were infected with T...
- Endoparasites of the coyote (Canis latrans), a recent migrant to insular newfoundlandKimberly E Bridger
Department of Natural Resources, Animal Health Division, PO Box 7400, St John s, Newfoundland A1E 3Y5, Canada
J Wildl Dis 45:1221-6. 2009..5%); and the nematodes Toxocara canis (19%), Toxascaris leonina (1%), Crenosoma vulpis (19%), Physaloptera rara (6%), Uncinaria stenocephala (3%), and Angiostrongylus ..
- [Prevalence of intestinal nematodes in dogs from Warsaw region]Monika Turkowicz
Zakład Biologii Ogólnej i Parazytologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Chałubińkiego 5, 02 004 Warszawa
Wiad Parazytol 48:407-11. 2002..In homeless dogs, the most common parasite was Uncinaria stenocephala, then Trichuris vulpis and Toxascaris leonina. In village dogs only eggs of U. stenocephala were detected; in urban dogs Toxocara canis and U...
- Occurrence, prevalence and intensity of internal parasite infections of African lions (Panthera leo) in enclosures at a recreation park in ZimbabweNorman L Mukarati
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Department of Clinical Veterinary Studies, University of Zimbabwe, P O Box MP 167, Mt Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe
J Zoo Wildl Med 44:686-93. 2013..Eggs of Ancylostoma spp. were found in the feces of 23 (76.7%) lions, Physaloptera sp. in 14 (46.7%) lions, Toxascaris leonina in 13 (43...
- A coprological survey of intestinal helminthes in stray dogs captured in osaka prefecture, JapanAkio Kimura
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 1 3 69 Nakamichi, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 75:1409-11. 2013..0%), Spirometra erinaceieuropaei (3.3%), Taeniidae (2.4%), Ancylostoma caninum (1.9%) and Toxascaris leonine (0.5%)...
- Structure of full-length Toxascaris leonina galectin with two carbohydrate-recognition domainsMi Suk Jeong
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Pusan National University, Jangjeon Dong, Geumjeong Gu, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:168-75. 2013The full-length crystal structure of Toxascaris leonine galectin (Tl-gal), a galectin-9 homologue protein, was determined at a resolution of 2.0 Å...
- [The incidence of internal parasites in dogs and cats as dependent on the level of awareness among owners]Maria Michalczyk
Zespół Parazytologii i Chorób Inwazyjnych, Uniwerstytet Warmińsko Mazurski, ul Oczapowskiego 13, 10 718 Olsztyn
Wiad Parazytol 54:245-7. 2008..percentage of parasite eggs was reported in feces samples collected from shelter dogs, including Toxocara and Toxascaris (9.1%), Uncinaria-Ancylostoma (12.1%) and Trichuris (12...
- Survey on helminths in the small intestine of wild foxes in Qinghai, ChinaWei Li
Academy of Animal and Veterinary Medicine, University of Qinghai, No 1, Weier road, Sci biological Industry Areas, Xining, Qinghai, the People of Republic of China
J Vet Med Sci 75:1329-33. 2013..In 27 red foxes and 9 Tibetan sand foxes examined, Mesocestoides litteratus (total prevalence: 64%), Toxascaris leonina (50%), Taenia pisiformis (8%) and Taenia crassiceps (8%) were found in both species of foxes...
- Feline intestinal parasites in Finland: prevalence, risk factors and anthelmintic treatment practicesAnu Näreaho
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, PO Box 66, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Feline Med Surg 14:378-83. 2012..The cat owners completed a questionnaire. Toxocara cati prevalence was 5.4% and Toxascaris leonina 0.2%. Taenia species eggs were found in 1.5% of the samples and Isospora felis in 0.7%, whilst 3...
- Serological detection of circulating Angiostrongylus vasorum antigen and specific antibodies in dogs from central and northern ItalyL Guardone
Department of Animal Pathology, Prophylaxis and Food Hygiene, University of Pisa, Viale delle Piagge 2, Pisa 56124, Italy
Vet Parasitol 192:192-8. 2013..vasorum (n=2), Capillaria aerophila (n=35), Capillaria boehmi (n=3), Toxocara canis (n=68), Toxascaris leonina (n=5), hookworms (n=37) and Trichuris vulpis (n=39) were detected...
- Prevalence of zoonotic intestinal parasites in domestic and stray dogs in a rural area of IranMolouk Beiromvand
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Prev Vet Med 109:162-7. 2013..Intestinal parasites were found in 51 of the 77 (66%) dogs most common being Toxascaris leonina (29%, 22/77), Toxocara spp. (25%, 19/77), Eimeria spp. (19%, 15/77), Taenia/Echinococcus spp...
- Comparison of Functional Gene Annotation of Toxascaris leonina and Toxocara canis using CLC Genomics WorkbenchKi Uk Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan 626 870, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 51:525-30. 2013The ascarids, Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, are probably the most common gastrointestinal helminths encountered in dogs...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites in private-household cats in JapanNaoyuki Itoh
Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
J Feline Med Surg 14:436-9. 2012..1%; two protozoan parasites (Giardia species and Cystoisospora species) and five helminths (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Taenia species and Spirometra erinacei) were detected...
- Alteration of Cytokine Production during Visceral Larva Migrans by Toxascaris leonina in MiceShin Ae Kang
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, and Immunoregulatory Therapeutics Group in Brain Busan 21 Project, Yangsan 626 870, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 51:583-8. 2013To determine alteration of immune responses during visceral larva migrans (VLM) caused by Toxascaris leonina at several time points, we experimentally infected mice with embryonated eggs of T...
- Geographical Information Systems and canine faecal contamination: the experience in the city of Naples (southern Italy)V Veneziano
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Napoli, Italy
Parassitologia 48:125-8. 2006..Out of the total of 415 copros, 70 (16.9%) were positive for parasitic elements; eggs of Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma caninum and Trichuris vulpis were found, as well as oocysts of Isospora canis.
- A parasitological survey of wild red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) from the province of Guadalajara, SpainA Criado-Fornelio
Laboratorio de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Crta Madrid Barcelona, Km 33, 600, E 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 92:245-51. 2000..foxes in areas where moist soils were likely to exist, in contrast to areas of semiarid characteristics, where Toxascaris leonina or Trichuris vulpis were predominant...
- Detection of zoonotic intestinal parasites in public parks of Spain. Potential epidemiological role of microsporidiaD Dado
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 59:23-8. 2012..17.7%), Cryptosporidium sp. (9%), E. histolytica (2.5%), Trichuris vulpis (1.3%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%) and microsporidia spores (28%)...
- A survey study on gastrointestinal parasites of stray cats in northern region of Nile delta, EgyptReda E Khalafalla
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafrelsheikh University, Kafrelsheikh, Egypt
PLoS ONE 6:e20283. 2011..The results of this study reported seven helminth species: Toxocara cati (9%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (4%), Toxascaris leonina (5%), Dipylidium caninum (5%), Capillaria spp...
- Results of parasitological examinations of faecal samples from cats and dogs in Germany between 2003 and 2010Dieter Barutzki
Veterinary Laboratory Freiburg, Freiburg iBr, Germany
Parasitol Res 109:S45-60. 2011..18.6 %), Toxocara canis (6.1 %), Toxascaris leonina (0.6 %), Ancylostomatidae (2.2 %), Trichuris vulpis (1.2 %), Capillaria spp. (1...
- Prevalence of canine gastrointestinal helminths in urban Lusaka and rural Katete Districts of ZambiaEugene C Bwalya
University of Zambia, School of Veterinary Medicine, Clinical Studies Department, PO Box 32379, Lusaka 10101, Zambia
Prev Vet Med 100:252-5. 2011..9% Ancylostoma caninum, 11% Toxocara canis, 4.8% Toxascaris leonina, 2.4% Dipylidium caninum, 0.7% Taeniidae and 0.3% T. vulpis, species for Lusaka while Katete recorded 70...
- Exposure to infectious agents in dogs in remote coastal British Columbia: Possible sentinels of diseases in wildlife and humansHeather M Bryan
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Can J Vet Res 75:11-7. 2011..31 contained at least 1 parasitic infection, including Taeniid tapeworms, the nematodes Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, and the protozoans Isospora sp., Giardia sp., Cryptosporidium sp., and Sarcocystis sp...
- Gastrointestinal parasites in mammals of two Italian zoological gardensMariarita Fagiolini
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi e Igiene degli Alimenti, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Pisa, Viale delle Piagge n 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:662-70. 2010..Overall, 10% (Cryptosporidium sp.) and 43.3% (Toxocara cati, Strongyloides stercoralis, Toxascaris leonina, and hookworms) of carnivores, 66.7% (Cryptosporidium spp.) and 100% (Trichuris spp...
- Helminth parasites in faecal samples from the endangered Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus)L Acosta
Area de Parasitología, Departamento de Agroquímica y Medio Ambiente, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Ctra Valencia Km 8 7, 03550 San Juan, Alicante, Spain
Vet Parasitol 179:175-9. 2011..and Taenia spp.) and four Nematodes (Ancylostoma spp., Toxocara spp., Toxascaris leonina, and Capillaria sp.)...
- Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasites of stray dogs impounded by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), Durban and Coast, South AfricaS Mukaratirwa
School of Biological and Conservation Sciences, University of KwaZulu Natal, Westville Campus, Durban, 4000 South Africa
J S Afr Vet Assoc 81:123-5. 2010..53.8%), Trichuris vulpis (7.9%), Spirocerca lupi (5.4%), Toxocara canis (7.9%), Toxascaris leonina (0.4%) Giardia intestinalis (5.6%) and Isospora sp. (1.3%)...
- [Occurrence of parasites in the alimentary canal of cats from Szczecin area, Poland]Dorota Ładczuk
Katedra Anatomii, Hydrobiologii i Biotechnologii Rozrodu, Wydział Nauk o Zywności i Rybactwa, Zachodniopomorski Uniwersytet Technologiczny w Szczecinie, ul Kazimierza Królewicza 4, 71 550 Szczecin
Wiad Parazytol 56:235-42. 2010..62%. The following parasites were observed: Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Dipylidium caninum, Isospora sp...
- Gastrointestinal helminths of dogs in Western Pomerania, PolandAgnieszka Tylkowska
Department of Biotechnology of Animal Reproduction and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Biotechnology and Animal Husbandry, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Doktora Judyma 6, 71 466 Szczecin, Poland
Wiad Parazytol 56:269-76. 2010..62%), Toxascaris leonina (2.91%), Ancylostoma sp. (4.61%), and Trichuris vulpis (0.27%)...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs in some urban and rural areas of HungaryE Fok
Department of Parasitology and Zoology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, Budapest, Hungary
Vet Q 23:96-8. 2001..3-30.1); Trichuris vulpis (20.4-23.3); Ancylostomatidae (8.1-13.1); Capillaria spp. (0-7.3); Toxascaris leonina (2.1-0); Taenia-type (2.8-2.4); Dipylidium caninum (0.4-1); coccidia (3.5-3.4). Of the positive dogs, 8...
- Seroepidemiological survey of helminthic parasites of stray dogs in Sari City, northern IranIshirzad Gholami
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Faculty of Medical, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 14:133-7. 2011..were Uncinaria stenocephala (12%), Taenia hydatigena (6%), Spirocerca lupi (6%), Dirofilaria immitis (6%), Toxascaris leonina (2%), Rictularia sp. (2%), Taenia ovis (2%) and Taenia taeniformis (2%)...
- Transmission trials, ITS2-PCR and RAPD-PCR show identity of Toxocara canis isolates from red fox and dogC Epe
Institute of Parasitology, Hannover School of Veterinary Medicine, Germany
Vet Parasitol 84:101-12. 1999..95, similar to the range of intraspecific variation in Toxocara cati and Toxascaris leonina specimens as outgroups...
- Confirmation of the efficacy of a combination tablet of spinosad and milbemycin oxime against naturally acquired infections of canine intestinal nematode parasitesBeate Schnitzler
Elanco Animal Health, Eli Lilly and Company Limited, Basingstoke, UK
Vet Parasitol 184:279-83. 2012..infections of adult whipworm (Trichuris vulpis), hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum) and ascarids (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)...
- Helminth eggs in the sludge from three sewage treatment plants in CzechoslovakiaP Horak
Department of Parasitology, Charles University, Prague, Czechoslovakia
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 39:153-7. 1992..The eggs were comprised from Ascaris sp., Toxocara sp., Toxascaris leonina, Parascaris equorum, Enterobius vermicularis, Trichuris sp., Capillaria sp. and Hymenolepis spp...
- Dynamics of antibody production in mice infected with Toxascaris leonina Linstow, 1909V Figallová
Institute of Parasitology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 37:351-4. 1990..and ELISA tests the dynamics of antibody production in serum of mice experimentally infected with Toxascaris leonina was studied...
- Scanning electron microscopic study on Toxascaris transfuga (Rudolphi, 1819) (Nematoda)F Tenora
Department of Zoology, University of Agriculture, Brno, Czechoslovakia
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 36:371-4. 1989The authors present original observations on the species Toxascaris transfuga obtained by means of scanning electron microscopy...
- Parasites of stray dogs in the Rabat region, MoroccoV S Pandey
, Rabat Institut, Morocco
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 81:53-5. 1987..3%, Dipetalonema dracunculoides 10.5%, Ancylostoma caninum 17.5% Echinococcus granulosus 22.8%, Toxascaris leonina 33.3%, Dipylidium caninum 40.4%, Spirocerca lupi 54.5%, Unicinaria stenocephala 79%...
- Meiosis and some aspects of cytological mechanisms of chromosomal sex determination in nematode speciesT Mutafova
Institute of Parasitology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia
Int J Parasitol 25:453-62. 1995Meiotic division in Toxascaris leonina, Baylisascaris transfuga, Hexametra sp., Toxocara canis, T. cati, Heterakis gallinarum and Physaloptera clausa of the class Nematoda were studied...
- Cross-reactions of sera from Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum infected mice with Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum antigensC Cuellar
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Espana
Int J Parasitol 25:731-9. 1995The ELISA method using larval ES products and homogenized Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum adult worms extract, was used to determine the possible cross-reactions in BALB/c and C57BL/10 mice inoculated with embryonated ..
- Comparative SDS-page protein patterns of four ascaridid nematodesA A Ashour
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 25:761-7. 1995In order to investigate the degree of homogeneity and heterogeneity of the ascaridid nematodes. Toxascaris leonina, Parascaris equorum, Toxocara canis and T...
- Prevalence of intestinal nematodes of dogs and cats in The NetherlandsP A Overgaauw
Virbac Nederland B V, Barneveld, The Netherlands
Vet Q 19:14-7. 1997..Toxocara eggs were found in 8 dogs (2.9%) and 11 cats (4.7%). Toxascaris eggs were found in 1 dog (0.4%) and Trichuris eggs in 2 dogs (0.7%)...
- [Helminth fauna of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes LINNE 1758) in southern Saxony--2: Nematodes]F Pfeifer
Institut für Parasitologie der Tierärztlichen Hochschule Hannover
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 104:475-7. 1997..The following nematodes were found: Toxocara canis (26.5%), Toxascaris leonina (10.5%), Uncinaria stenocephala (15.9%) Ancylostoma caninum (1.7%). The search for Trichinella spp...
- Helminth fauna of the Iberian lynx, Lynx pardinusJ Torres
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona Avda, Diagonal sn, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
J Helminthol 72:221-6. 1998..5%) (Cestoda); Eucoleus aerophilus (12.5%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (12.5%), Toxocara cati (37.5%), Toxascaris leonina (62.5%), Vigisospirura potekhina potekhina (12.5%), Mastophorus muris (12...
- Characterization of antigenic property of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina adults and larvae through immunodiagnostic electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and western blot techniqueA A El-Massry
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 29:335-45. 1999..dodecyle sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis--SDS-PAGE--between somatic antigen of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, adults and larvae, recovered from dogs...
- Detection of patent infections of Echinococcus granulosus ("sheep-strain", G1) in naturally infected dogs in KosovoKurtesh Sherifi
Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary, University of Prishtina, Kosovo
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 124:518-21. 2011..5%), Trichuris sp. 87 (28.5%), Toxocara sp. 42 (13.7%), Toxascaris leonina 21 (6.8%) and Dipylidium caninum eight (2.6%). From 21 of the 305 samples (6...
- Environmental monitoring and analysis of faecal contamination in an urban setting in the city of Bari (Apulia region, Italy): health and hygiene implicationsElvira Tarsitano
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Bari, Str Prov Casamassima km 3, 70010, Valenzano, Bari, Italy
Int J Environ Res Public Health 7:3972-86. 2010..Thirteen canine faecal samples were positive for parasite eggs: 8/54 samples contained Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina eggs and 5/54 samples contained Ancylostoma caninum eggs...
- Epidemiology of Toxascaris leonina infection post-weaning within a colony of dogsM A Fisher
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, Kent, UK
J Helminthol 76:27-9. 2002This communication reports incidental observations on Toxascaris leonina infections in a beagle breeding colony. Regular faecal monitoring demonstrated that T. leonina was endemic in the adult dam population within this colony...
- [The role of paratenic hosts in the life cycles of helminths]Anna Okulewicz
Zakład Parazytologii, Instytut Genetyki i Mikrobiologii Uniwersytetu Wrocławskiego, ul Przybyszewskiego 63, 51 148 Wrocław
Wiad Parazytol 54:297-301. 2008..Under extreme environmental conditions the transmission of parasites is faciliated mainly by paratenic hosts (e.g., Toxascaris leonina or Toxocara sp. occurring in zoological gardens where sanitation is rigorously observed).
- Paleoparasitological records in a canid coprolite from Patagonia, ArgentinaM H Fugassa
Departamento de Biologia, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata CONICET, Argentina
J Parasitol 92:1110-3. 2006..Eggs of nematodes identified as Trichuris sp., Capillaria sp., Uncinaria sp., and an ascaridid (probably Toxascaris sp.) or spirurids (presumably Physaloptera sp.), plus a cestode (Anoplocephalidae), presumably Moniezia sp...
- [Gastro-intestinal helminths detected by fecal examination in stray dogs in the Aydin province]Hakki Unlü
Adnan Menderes Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Isikli, Aydin, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:46-50. 2007..The helminth eggs found were identified as follows: Taenia spp. (7.5%), Toxacara spp. (20%), Toxascaris leonina (1%), Uncinaria stenocephala (21%) and Trichuris vulpis (1.5%)...
- The molecular epidemiology of Cryptosporidium and Giardia infections in coyotes from Alberta, Canada, and observations on some cohabiting parasitesR C Andrew Thompson
World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for the Molecular Epidemiology of Parasitic Infections, School of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Murdoch University, South Street, Murdoch, WA 6150, Australia
Vet Parasitol 159:167-70. 2009..b>Toxascaris was present in over 90% of the 70 animals examined, and Taenia sp. in 6...
- Epidemiological study of non-systemic parasitism in dogs in southeast Mediterranean Spain assessed by coprological and post-mortem examinationC Martínez-Carrasco
Parasitología y Enfermedades de Parasitarias, Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, 30100 Campus de Espinardo, Murcia, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 54:195-203. 2007..Species frequency was 6-10% for Toxocara canis, Ancylostomatidae spp., Toxascaris leonina and Isospora canis, and 0.4-1% for Trichuris vulpis, Giardia lamblia, and Dipylidium caninum...
- Seasonal prevalence of Toxocara ova in soil samples from public parks in Ankara, TurkeyH Avcioglu
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 8:345-50. 2008..Prevalence of Toxocara spp. and combination of Toxascaris leonina and Taenia spp. was 15.05% and 0.38%. Overall, 45% of public parks were contaminated...
- Helminth infections in faecal samples of wolves Canis lupus L. from the western Beskidy Mountains in southern PolandMarcin Popiołek
Department of Zoology and Ecology, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Kozuchowska 5b, 51 631, Wrocław, Poland
J Helminthol 81:339-44. 2007..2% of faeces examined. These included: Alaria alata (2.2%), taeniid eggs (11.2%), Toxocara canis (5.6%), Toxascaris leonina (1.1%), Eucoleus aerophilus (14.6%), Ancylostoma caninum (12...
- [Zoonotic nematode contamination in recreational areas of Suba, Bogotá]Luis J Polo-Terán
Instituto Nacional de Salud, Colombia
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 9:550-7. 2007..Establishing the presence of zoonotic gastrointestinal nematodosin soil samples in recreational areas in Suba (one of the largest localities of Bogotá, Colombia) between July 2005 and June 2006...
- Prevalence of Toxocara cati and other intestinal helminths in stray cats in Shiraz, IranMohammad Zibaei
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran zibaeim sums ac ir
Trop Biomed 24:39-43. 2007..3%), Spirometra sp. (3.8%) and the detected nematodes were Physaloptera sp. (44.6%), Toxocara cati (42.6%) and Toxascaris leonina (12.9%). The study revealed that T...
- Patterns of parasitic infections in faecal samples from stray cat populations in QatarM A Abu-Madi
Department of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, Qatar University, PO Box 2713, Doha, Qatar
J Helminthol 81:281-6. 2007..5%), Toxocara cati (6.1%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (5.9%) and Physaloptera sp. (4.8%) and Toxascaris leonina (0.7%) - and one sporozoan species, Isospora felis (0.5%)...
- Coprology of Panthera tigris altaica and Felis bengalensis euptilurus from the Russian Far EastP Gonzalez
Fundación Terra Natura, Foia del Verdader 1, 03503 Benidorm, Spain
J Parasitol 93:948-50. 2007..t. altaica: 11 trematodes (Platynosomum fastosum) and 4 nematodes (Strongyloides sp., Ancylostomatidae, Toxascaris leonina, and Toxocara cati). Five parasites were found from F. b. euptilurus: 1 cestode (Diplopylidium sp...
- Intestinal nematode infections in Turkish military dogs with special reference to Toxocara canisB Senlik
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Uludag University, 16059 Gorukle Bursa, Turkey
J Helminthol 80:299-303. 2006..The following nematodes, with their respective prevalences, were diagnosed in the faecal samples: Toxascaris leonina (21.8%), Toxocara canis (13.3%), Trichuris vulpis (2.9%) and Uncinaria stenocephala (1.2%)...