Summary: An ascarid nematode found primarily in the small intestine of the larger Felidae as well as dogs and cats. It differs from TOXOCARA in that the larvae do not migrate through the lungs. It does occasionally produce visceral larva migrans (LARVA MIGRANS, VISCERAL) in man, although more rarely than does Toxocara.
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and the safety of a combination of oxantel/pyrantel/praziquantel in the treatment of naturally acquired gastrointestinal nematode and/or cestode infestations in dogs in EuropeE Grandemange
VETOQUINOL Research Centre, BP189, 70204 LURE Cedex, France
Vet Parasitol 145:94-9. 2007..A pooled analysis was performed on each of the following helminth species: Toxocara canis, Ancylostoma caninum, Toxascaris leonina, Trichuris vulpis, Uncinaria stenocephala, Taenia spp...
- Prevalence of Toxocara spp., Toxascaris leonina and ancylostomidae in public parks and beaches in different climate zones of Costa RicaIsabelle Paquet-Durand
Escuela de Medicina Veterinaria, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Acta Trop 104:30-7. 2007..Faecal and environmental samples were taken from 69 parks and beaches. Of the faecal samples 3% contained Toxascaris spp. eggs, 7% Toxocara spp. eggs and 55% contained ancylostomidae eggs...
- Identification of host immune regulation candidate genes of Toxascaris leonina by expression sequenced tags (ESTs) analysisMin Kyoung Cho
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Pusan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Vet Parasitol 164:242-7. 2009b>Toxascaris leonina adult worms live in the gastrointestinal tract of dog, cat, and fox, releasing eggs which enter the environment by the fecal route. Previously, we reported that T...
- Immunization of proteins from Toxascaris leonina adult worm inhibits allergic specific Th2 responseKeun Hee Lee
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Vet Parasitol 156:216-25. 2008..specific Th2 response, we applied excretory-secretory protein (Tl-ES) or total protein (Tl-TP) of the adult worm Toxascaris leonina to asthma model mice prior to or simultaneously with OVA challenge, after which we assessed the OVA-..
- Comparison of six simple methods for extracting ribosomal and mitochondrial DNA from Toxocara and Toxascaris nematodesF Mikaeili
Dept of Medical Parasitology and Mycology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Exp Parasitol 134:155-9. 2013Six simple methods for extraction of ribosomal and mitochondrial DNA from Toxocara canis, Toxocara cati and Toxascaris leonina were compared by evaluating the presence, appearance and intensity of PCR products visualized on agarose gels ..
- Detection and molecular characterization of ascarid nematode infection (Toxascaris leonina and Toxocara cati) in captive Asiatic lions (Panthera leo persica)Rahul Mohanchandra Pawar
Laboratory for Conservation of Endangered Species, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
Acta Parasitol 57:67-73. 2012..Microscopic analysis indicated the presence of eggs of Toxascaris leonina in eleven of the sixteen scat samples analysed and in one of these eleven scats eggs of Toxocara cati ..
- Prevalence and viability of eggs of Toxocara spp. and Toxascaris leonina in public parks in eastern SpainM R Ruiz De Ybáñez
Parasitologia y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Murcia, Espinardo, Spain
J Helminthol 75:169-73. 2001To demonstrate the prevalence of Toxocara spp. and Toxascaris leonina eggs in parks in Murcia city, eastern Spain, a total 644 soil samples were examined from nine parks. More than 67% of parks and 1...
- Cross-reactions of sera from Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum infected mice with Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum antigensC Cuellar
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Espana
Int J Parasitol 25:731-9. 1995The ELISA method using larval ES products and homogenized Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Ascaris suum adult worms extract, was used to determine the possible cross-reactions in BALB/c and C57BL/10 mice inoculated with embryonated ..
- Comparison of isolates and species of Toxocara and Toxascaris by biosynthetic labelling of somatic and ES proteins from infective larvaeA P Page
Department of Biology, Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine, London
Parasitology 103:451-64. 1991..Two other closely related ascaridids, Toxascaris leonina which infects cats and dogs, and Toxocara vitulorum (Neoascaris vitulorum) which infects cattle, were ..
- Influence of parasitism on trace element contents in tissues of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) and its parasites Mesocestoides spp. (Cestoda) and Toxascaris leonina (Nematoda)Ivana Jankovská
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Life Sciences, 165 21, Prague 6 Suchdol, Czech Republic
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 58:469-77. 2010..Cestoda) and Toxascaris leonina (Nematoda) was studied...
- Efficacy of selamectin against experimentally induced and naturally acquired ascarid (Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina) infections in dogsT L McTier
Animal Health Clinical Affairs, Central Research Division, Pfizer Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Vet Parasitol 91:333-45. 2000..canis; one laboratory study evaluated selamectin against naturally acquired infections of both T. canis and Toxascaris leonina; one field study evaluated selamectin against naturally acquired infections of ascarids (T...
- Efficacy of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against mature and immature infections with Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S1-8. 2009..Profender tablets for dogs) against mature adult, immature adult and larval stages of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina was evaluated in ten randomised, blinded and placebo-controlled dose confirmation studies in naturally ..
- Diagnostic morphology of four larval ascaridoid nematodes that may cause visceral larva migrans: Toxascaris leonina, Baylisascaris procyonis, Lagochilascaris sprenti, and Hexametra leidyiD D Bowman
Department of Parasitology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112
J Parasitol 73:1198-215. 1987The gross and histological morphology of the larvae of 4 ascaridoid nematodes, Toxascaris leonina, Baylisascaris procyonis, Lagochilascaris sprenti, and Hexametra leidyi, are described. The larvae of T. leonina, B. procyonis, and L...
- Survey of intestinal parasites in stray dogs in the Madrid area and comparison of the efficacy of three anthelmintics in naturally infected dogsGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Parasitol Res 100:317-20. 2007..3.8%), Toxocara canis (7.8%), Toxascaris leonina (6.3%), Ancylostomidae (4%), Trichuris vulpis (3.3%), Taenidae (2.9%) and Dipylidium caninum (0.9%)...
- Effect of short-term coyote removal on populations of coyote helminthsScott E Henke
MSC 218, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 8202, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:54-67. 2002..01 coyotes/km2. Twelve helminth species consisting of seven nematodes (Ancylostoma caninum, Physaloptera rara, Toxascaris leonina, Dirofilaria immitis, Spirocerca lupi, Oslerus osleri, and Capillaria aerophila), three cestodes (Taenia ..
- A study on intestinal helminthes of dogs, foxes and jackals in the western part of IranA Dalimi
Department of Parasitology, Medical Sciences Faculty, Tarbiat Modarres University, P O BOX 14115 111, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
Vet Parasitol 142:129-33. 2006..02%), Toxascaris leonina (32.53%), Ancylostoma caninum (3.61%), Oxynema sp. (1.35%), Rictularia affinis (12...
- Field evaluation of the efficacy and safety of emodepside plus praziquantel tablets (Profender tablets for dogs) against naturally acquired nematode and cestode infections in dogsGertraut Altreuther
Bayer Animal Health GmbH, Leverkusen, Germany
Parasitol Res 105:S23-9. 2009..The following parasite species were identified: Trichuris vulpis, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum, Dipylidium caninum, Taeniidae and Mesocestoides spp...
- Distribution, prevalence, and genetic characterization of Baylisascaris procyonis in selected areas of GeorgiaEmily L Blizzard
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia 30602, USA
J Parasitol 96:1128-33. 2010..In addition, Toxascaris leonina , a morphologically similar ascarid, was found in 3 raccoons from Clarke County (n = 2) and Morgan ..
- Ecological analyses of the intestinal helminth communities of the wolf, Canis lupus, in SpainJuan Matías Segovia
Laboratori de Parasitologia, Departament de Microbiologia i Parasitologia Sanitaries, Facultat de Farmacia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avda Joan XVIII s n, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 50:231-6. 2003..aff. litteratus, Toxocara canis (Werner, 1782), Toxascaris leonina (von Linstow, 1902), Ancylostoma caninum (Ercolani, 1859) and Trichuris vulpis (Froelich, 1789), behave ..
- Survey of infectious and parasitic diseases in stray cats at the Lisbon Metropolitan Area, PortugalAna Duarte
Centro de Investigação Interdisciplinar em Sanidade Animal CIISA, Faculdade de Medicina Veterinaria, TULisbon, Avenida da Universidade Tecnica, 1300 477 Lisboa, Portugal
J Feline Med Surg 12:441-6. 2010..samples (Toxocara cati, Isospora felis, Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Dipylidium caninum, Uncinaria stenocephala, Toxascaris leonina) and Otodectes cynotis in 4/182 cats (2.2%); dermatophyte fungi were isolated in 40/136 samples (29...
- Gastrointestinal parasites of shepherd and hunting dogs in the Serres Prefecture, Northern GreeceM Papazahariadou
Laboratory of Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Aristotle University, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Vet Parasitol 148:170-3. 2007..2.8%), Alaria alata (2.5%), Strongyloides stercoralis (1.8%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (1.1%), Toxascaris leonina (0.7%) and Dipylidium caninum (0.3%). The prevalence of T. canis and Isospora (Cystoisospora) spp...
- Endoparasites of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in central ItalyM Magi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi ed Igiene degli Alimenti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Wildl Dis 45:881-5. 2009..3%), Mesocestoides lineatus (45.4%), Uncinaria stenocephala (39.1%), Toxocara canis (9.1%), and Toxascaris leonina (5.4%). Other parasites not associated with the intestine included Crenosoma vulpis (14...
- [Prevalence of helminths in dogs in the region of Van and their potential public health significance]Reyhan Orhun
Yuzuncu Yil Universitesi, Saglik Yüksekokulu, Van
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 30:103-7. 2006..Two Cestoda species and 4 Nematoda species were detected. Toxascaris leonina (23.5%), Taenia spp. (14.8%), Ancylostoma caninum (8.7%), Dipylidium caninum (3...
- PCR tools for the verification of the specific identity of ascaridoid nematodes from dogs and catsM W Li
Laboratory of Parasitology, College of Veterinary Medicine, South China Agricultural University, 483 Wushan Street, Tianhe District, Guangzhou 510642, Guangdong Province, The People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Probes 21:349-54. 2007..ITS-1 and ITS-2) of nuclear ribosomal DNA (rDNA) of Toxocara canis, Toxocara cati, Toxocara malaysiensis and Toxascaris leonina, specific forward primers were designed in the ITS-1 or ITS-2 for each of the four ascaridoid species of ..
- Influence of urbanization on the epidemiology of intestinal helminths of the red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in Geneva, SwitzerlandLeslie A Reperant
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Parasitol Res 101:605-11. 2007..3%). The lower prevalence of Toxascaris leonina in the urban area (8.0%) compared to the rural area (59...
- Estimation of canine intestinal parasites in Córdoba (Spain) and their risk to public healthF J Martínez-Moreno
Cátedra de Parasitología y Enfermedades Parasitarias, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Cordoba, Campus de Rabanales Edificio Sanidad Animal, 14071 Cordoba, Spain
Vet Parasitol 143:7-13. 2007..2%), Taenia hydatigena (7.66%), Taenia pisiformis (4%), Uncinaria stenocephala (33.27%), Toxascaris leonina (14.94%), Toxocara canis (17.72%) and Trichuris vulpis (1.66%)...
- Intestinal nematodes: biology and controlChristian Epe
Companion Animal Parasiticides Research Group, Novartis Centre de Recherche Santé Animale SA, CH 1566 St Aubin FR, Switzerland
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 39:1091-107, vi-vii. 2009..Important species that live in the small intestine are roundworms of the genus Toxocara (T canis, T cati) and Toxascaris (ie, T leonina), and hookworms of the genus Ancylostoma (A caninum, A braziliense, A tubaeforme) or Uncinaria (U ..
- [Infections with endoparasites in dogs in Dutch animal shelters]W E le Nobel
Hoofdafdeling Infectieziekten en Immunologie, Afdeling Parasitologie en Tropische Diergeneeskunde, Faculteit der Diergeneeskunde, Universiteit Utrecht, Postbus 80165, 3508 TD Utrecht
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 129:40-4. 2004..Eggs of Toxocara canis were found in 8.5% of the faecal samples. Other endoparasites found were Toxascaris leonina (0.5%), Trichuris vulpis (4.9%), Uncinaria stenocephala (2.2%), Dipylidium caninum (1.3%), Taenia spp...
- Diseases and parasites in wolves of the Riding Mountain National Park region, Manitoba, CanadaAstrid V Stronen
Department of Biology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5A3, Canada
J Wildl Dis 47:222-7. 2011..15.5%), Capillaria sp. (1.0%), taeniid tapeworms (30.8%), Toxascaris sp. (1.7%), Toxocara sp. (0.2%), Trichuris sp. (2.2%), and Moniezia sp. (0.5%). In addition, we found Demodex sp...
- Efficacy of a novel topical combination of fipronil, (S)-methoprene, eprinomectin and praziquantel against experimental infections of Toxascaris leonina in catsMartin Knaus
Merial GmbH, Kathrinenhof Research Center, 83101 Rohrdorf, Germany Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 202:40-4. 2014..eprinomectin and praziquantel combination product (BROADLINE(®), Merial) was evaluated against adult Toxascaris leonina ascarids in experimentally infected cats in two controlled studies under an identical protocol...
- Sensitivity of double centrifugation sugar fecal flotation for detecting intestinal helminths in coyotes (Canis latrans)Stefano Liccioli
Department of Ecosystem and Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary, 3280 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N4Z6, Canada
J Wildl Dis 48:717-23. 2012..Five species of helminths were found by postmortem examination, including Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum, Taenia sp., and Echinococcus multilocularis...
- Canine faecal contamination and parasitic risk in the city of Naples (southern Italy)Laura Rinaldi
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Napoli, Italy
BMC Vet Res 2:29. 2006..Logistic regression model was used to evaluate the association between positivity to parasitic elements and number of canine faeces...
- Intestinal helminths of golden jackals and red foxes from TunisiaSamia Lahmar
Parasitology Laboratory, National School of Veterinary Medicine, 2020 Sidi Thabet, Tunisia Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 204:297-303. 2014..litteratus (23%), M. corti (12.9%), Taenia pisiformis (3.2%), Taenia spp. (19%), Toxocara canis (16%), Toxascaris leonina (6.5%), A. caninum (9.7%), U. stenocephala (68%), P. affinis (6.5%), O. linstowi (3...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in stray and fostered dogs and cats in Northern GermanyA C Becker
Institute for Parasitology, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Buenteweg 17, 30559 Hannover, Germany
Parasitol Res 111:849-57. 2012..4 % (n = 42) of the canine samples, 4.0 % were positive for Toxocara canis, 0.9 % for hookworms, 0.4 % for Toxascaris leonina and 0.2 % for Hammondia-like oocysts. Giardia-coproantigen was detected in 11.4 % of the canine samples...
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..2.4%), Cryptosporidium spp. (1.4%), Trichuris sp. (1.1%), Taenia-type (1.0%), Giardia spp. (0.1%), Toxascaris sp. (0.9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0...
- Anthelmintic efficacy of oxibendazole against some important nematodes in dogs and catsP A Overgaauw
Virbac Nederland B V, Barneveld, The Netherlands
Vet Q 20:69-72. 1998..6% for Toxocara canis, 95.7% for Trichuris vulpis, 94.6% for Ancylostoma caninum, and 100% for Toxascaris leonina. In cats, 96.7% efficacy was demonstrated against Toxocara cati...
- Frequency of intestinal parasites in pet dogs from an urban area (Greater Oporto, northern Portugal)Diogo Neves
Hospital Veterinário do Porto, Oporto, Portugal Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 200:295-8. 2014..7.4%); Toxocara canis (5.1%) was the most frequent helminth, followed by Trichuris vulpis (1.1%) and Toxascaris leonina (0.6%). Among group H, age ≤ 6 months was found to be a risk factor for infection with C...
- Effects of sub-zero storage temperatures on endoparasites in canine and equine fecesJanna Schurer
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B4, Canada Electronic address
Vet Parasitol 204:310-5. 2014..sporocysts, taeniid eggs (Taenia and/or Echinococcus spp.), ascarid eggs (Parascaris equorum, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina), and strongylid type eggs (Uncinaria stenocephala, and equine strongylids, most likely cyathostomins)...
- Infections with cardiopulmonary and intestinal helminths and sarcoptic mange in red foxes from two different localities in DenmarkMohammad N S Al-Sabi
Department of Plants and the Environment, Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen, Thorvaldsensvej 40, DK 1871, Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Acta Parasitol 59:98-107. 2014..Pseudamphistomum truncatum; Dipylidium caninum; Angiostrongylus vasorum; and Sarcoptes scabiei, but Toxascaris leonina was only recorded in foxes of southern Jutland. A high prevalence and abundance of A...
- Prevalence of Toxocara cati and other parasites in cats' faeces collected from the open spaces of public institutions: Buenos Aires, ArgentinaI E Sommerfelt
Cátedra de Veterinaria en Salud Pública, Facultad de Ciencias Veterinarias, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Av Chorroarin 280, 1427 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 140:296-301. 2006..cati (61.2%), Cystoisospora spp. (20.3%), Trichuris spp. (17.0%), Toxascaris leonina (15.1%), Ancylostoma spp. (14%) and Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (2.6%). T. cati prevalence was 35...
- Illegal wildlife imports more than just animals--Baylisascaris procyonis in raccoons (Procyon lotor) in NorwayRebecca K Davidson
1 Norwegian Veterinary Institute, PB 750 Sentrum, 0106 Oslo, Norway
J Wildl Dis 49:986-90. 2013..Echinococcus multilocularis was not detected in any of the 11 animals. Toxocara and Toxascaris sp...
- Intestinal parasites of the red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in SloveniaAleksandra Vergles Rataj
University of Ljubljana Institute of Microbiology and Parasitology, Veterinary Faculty Gerbičeva 60 1115 Ljubljana Slovenia
Acta Vet Hung 61:454-62. 2013..Other nematodes found were Pterygodermatites affinis (4.2%), Capillaria sp. (2.8%), Crenosoma vulpis (2.8%), Toxascaris leonina (2.5%), Trichuris vulpis (0.7%) and Physaloptera sp. (0.2%). Mesocestoides sp. (27...
- [Contamination of playgrounds in Gdańsk city with parasite eggs]Jerzy Rokicki
Katedra Zoologii Bezkrrgowców, Uniwersytet Gdanski, Al Marszalka Piłsudskiego 46, 81 378 Gdynia
Wiad Parazytol 53:227-30. 2007..We examined the contamination of playgrounds with parasite eggs in Gdatisk city, and frequency of infections of dogs and cats in the area under study...
- Helminths in dogs from a peri-urban resource-limited community in Free State Province, South AfricaW N Minnaar
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Department of Veterinary Tropical Diseases, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, South Africa
Vet Parasitol 107:343-9. 2002..33%), Toxascaris leonina (32%), Ancylostoma caninum (27%), Toxocara canis (21%), Ancylostoma braziliense (19%), Spirocerca lupi (..
- A wide diversity of zoonotic intestinal parasites infects urban and rural dogs in Neuquén, Patagonia, ArgentinaSilvia Viviana Soriano
Catedra de Microbiologia y Parasitologia, Escuela de Medicina, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Buenos Aires 1400, J B Alberdi 136, 8300 Neuquen, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 167:81-5. 2010..35%), Taenia spp./Echinococcus spp. (12.65%), Trichurisvulpis (6.06%), Giardia spp. (1.29%), Toxascaris leonina (0.56%), Ancylostomacaninum (0.41%), Dipylidium caninum (0.31%), Diphyllobothrium spp. (0...
- Giardia and other intestinal parasites in dogs from veterinary clinics in JapanNaoyuki Itoh
First Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Higashi 23 35 1, Towada, Aomori 034 8628, Japan
Parasitol Res 109:253-6. 2011..According to age categories, Giardia duodenalis, Cystoisospora spp., Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, and Strongyloides spp., at ≦6-months-old showed significantly (P < 0.0001, P < 0...
- Gastrointestinal parasites in rural dogs and cats in Selangor and Pahang states in Peninsular MalaysiaRomano Ngui
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya, 50603, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Acta Parasitol 59:737-44. 2014..62.9%), Toxocara spp. (32.4%), Trichuris vulpis (21.0%), Spirometra spp. (9.5%), Toxascaris leonina (5.7%), Dipylidium caninum (4.8%), Ascaris spp. (2.9%), Hymenolepis diminuta (1.0%) and others...
- Superoxide dismutase activity in nematodesM Sanchez-Moreno
Seccion de Bioquimica, Instituto López Neyra de Parasitolog ia, C S I C, Granada, Spain
J Helminthol 61:229-32. 1987..C.:184.108.40.206) and catalase (E.C.:220.127.116.11) were studied in purified extracts of four nematodes: Ascaris suum, Toxascaris leonina, Toxocara canis and T. cati adult males and females...
- A survey of gastrointestinal helminths in cats of the metropolitan region of Rio de Janeiro, BrazilNorma Labarthe
Departamento de Patologia e Clínica Veterinária, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rua Vital Brazil Filho 64, Santa Rosa, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro Cep 24230 340, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 123:133-9. 2004..6%), Ancylostoma braziliense (65.9%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (8.9%), Toxocara cati (25.2%), Toxascaris leonina (11.9%), Physaloptera praeputialis (9.6%)...
- Endoparasites in dogs and cats in Germany 1999-2002D Barutzki
Veterinary Laboratory Freiburg, Postfach 100120, D 79120 Freiburg i Br, Germany
Parasitol Res 90:S148-50. 2003..In the infected dogs the following parasites have been identified: Class Nematodea: Toxocara canis: 22.4%, Toxascaris leonina: 1.8%, Ancylostomatidae: 8.6%, Trichuris vulpis: 4.0%, Capillaria spp.: 2.3%, Crenosoma vulpis: 0...
- Nematodes parasites of the gray fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus Schreber, 1775) in the seasonally dry tropical highlands of central MexicoNorma Hernández-Camacho
Escuela de Biologia, Universidad Autonoma de Queretaro, Av De las Ciencias s n Juriquilla Delegación Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Queretaro, C P 76230, Mexico
Parasitol Res 108:1425-9. 2011..typical of wild and domestic canids such as Strongyloides stercoralis, Uncinaria stenocephala, Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Dioctophyme renale, Trichuris vulpis, Trichuris sp., and Capillaria sp...
- Helminths of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in DenmarkI Saeed
Danish Centre for Experimental Parasitology, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Dyrlaegevej 100, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Parasitol 139:168-79. 2006..4%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (48.6% from Northern Zealand (endemic area)), Toxocara canis (59.4%), Toxascaris leonina (0.6%), Uncinaria stenocephala (68.6%), Ancylostoma caninum (0.6%), and Trichuris vulpis (0...
- Intestinal and lung parasites in owned dogs and cats from central ItalyFrancesca Riggio
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi e Igiene degli Alimenti, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Pisa, Viale delle Piagge 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Vet Parasitol 193:78-84. 2013..Examined dogs resulted infected by Toxocara canis (13.0%), Toxascaris leonina (1.7%), Trichuris vulpis (3.3%), Ancylostoma caninum (2.0%), Uncinaria stenocephala (1...
- Efficacy of fenbendazole and piperazine against developing stages of toxocara and toxascaris in dogsM A Fisher
Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Royal Veterinary College University of London, Hertfordshire
Vet Rec 132:473-5. 1993..0 per cent and third stage, fourth stage and immature adult stages of Toxascaris leonina by 92.4 per cent...
- [The occurrence of gastrointestinal cestode and nematode infections in stray dogs in Afyonkarahisar and Eskisehir provinces]Esma Kozan
Afyon Kocatepe Universitesi Veteriner Fakültesi, Parazitoloji Anabilim Dali, Afyonkarahisar, Turkey
Turkiye Parazitol Derg 31:208-11. 2007..In the Afyonkarahisar province 59.4% hookworms, 47.8% Toxascaris leonina, 36.2% Toxocara canis, 2.9% Dipylidium caninum and 2.9% Taenia spp. were detected...
- Prevalence and risk factors of Giardia duodenalis in dogs from RomaniaViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj Napoca, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 184:325-9. 2012..6%), Sarcocystis spp. (5/52; 9.6%), Isospora canis (4/52; 7.7%), Capillaria aerophila (3/52; 5.8%), Strongyloides stercoralis (2/52; 93.8%), Dipylidium caninum (1/52; 1.9%) and Toxascaris leonina (1/52; 1.9%).
- The parasite fauna of stray domestic cats (Felis catus) in Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRolf K Schuster
Central Veterinary Research Laboratory, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Parasitol Res 105:125-34. 2009..4%), Ancylostoma ceylanicum (8.8%), Ollulanus tricuspis (0.8%), Toxocara mystax (2.9%), Toxascaris leonina (0.8%), Pterygodermatites affinis (35.0%), Centrorhynchus aluconis (4.6%), Rhipicephalus sanguineus (4...
- An epidemiological study of gastrointestinal parasites of dogs from Southern Greater Buenos Aires (Argentina): age, gender, breed, mixed infections, and seasonal and spatial patternsMaría F Fontanarrosa
Laboratorio DIAP Diagnóstico en Animales Pequeños, Inca 109 B1836BBC, Llavallol, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vet Parasitol 136:283-95. 2006..5 cases), and Toxascaris leonina (1 case). There was no significant difference in the overall prevalence between genders (female = 50...
- Prevalence of Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina and Dirofilaria immitis in dogs in Chuncheon, Korea (2004)Yong Hun Kim
Department of Parasitology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 43:65-7. 2005The intestines and hearts of dogs were examined for Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, and Dirofilaria immitis, after necropsy between June 26 and September 29, 2004 in Chuncheon, Korea. Of the 662 dogs examined, 6 were infected with T...
- Endoparasites of the coyote (Canis latrans), a recent migrant to insular newfoundlandKimberly E Bridger
Department of Natural Resources, Animal Health Division, PO Box 7400, St John s, Newfoundland A1E 3Y5, Canada
J Wildl Dis 45:1221-6. 2009..5%); and the nematodes Toxocara canis (19%), Toxascaris leonina (1%), Crenosoma vulpis (19%), Physaloptera rara (6%), Uncinaria stenocephala (3%), and Angiostrongylus ..
- Frequency distribution of Echinococcus multilocularis and other helminths of foxes in KyrgyzstanI Ziadinov
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Parasitol 171:286-92. 2010..In addition Mesocestoides spp., Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Capillaria and Acanthocephala spp...
- Coprological study on intestinal helminths in Swiss dogs: temporal aspects of anthelminthic treatmentH Sager
Institute of Parasitology, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Parasitol Res 98:333-8. 2006..1%), hookworms (6.9%), Trichuris vulpis (5.5%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%), Taeniidae (1.3%), Capillaria spp. (0.8%), and Diphyllobothrium latum (0.4%)...
- Natural infection by endoparasites among free-living wild animalsLuciane Holsback
Setor de Veterinária e Produção Animal, Centro de Ciencias Agrarias, Universidade Estadual do Norte do Paraná, Campus Luiz Meneghel, Bandeirantes, PR, Brazil
Rev Bras Parasitol Vet 22:302-6. 2013..Among the most common parasites found, there were eggs from Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina and Ancylostoma tubaeforme, and from Cestoda. Several Enterobius sp...
- [Prevalence of intestinal nematodes in dogs from Warsaw region]Monika Turkowicz
Zakład Biologii Ogólnej i Parazytologii, Akademia Medyczna, ul Chałubińkiego 5, 02 004 Warszawa
Wiad Parazytol 48:407-11. 2002..In homeless dogs, the most common parasite was Uncinaria stenocephala, then Trichuris vulpis and Toxascaris leonina. In village dogs only eggs of U. stenocephala were detected; in urban dogs Toxocara canis and U...
- [The incidence of internal parasites in dogs and cats as dependent on the level of awareness among owners]Maria Michalczyk
Zespół Parazytologii i Chorób Inwazyjnych, Uniwerstytet Warmińsko Mazurski, ul Oczapowskiego 13, 10 718 Olsztyn
Wiad Parazytol 54:245-7. 2008..percentage of parasite eggs was reported in feces samples collected from shelter dogs, including Toxocara and Toxascaris (9.1%), Uncinaria-Ancylostoma (12.1%) and Trichuris (12...
- A coprological survey of intestinal helminthes in stray dogs captured in osaka prefecture, JapanAkio Kimura
Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 1 3 69 Nakamichi, Higashinari ku, Osaka 537 0025, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 75:1409-11. 2013..0%), Spirometra erinaceieuropaei (3.3%), Taeniidae (2.4%), Ancylostoma caninum (1.9%) and Toxascaris leonine (0.5%)...
- Occurrence, prevalence and intensity of internal parasite infections of African lions (Panthera leo) in enclosures at a recreation park in ZimbabweNorman L Mukarati
Faculty of Veterinary Science, Department of Clinical Veterinary Studies, University of Zimbabwe, P O Box MP 167, Mt Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe
J Zoo Wildl Med 44:686-93. 2013..Eggs of Ancylostoma spp. were found in the feces of 23 (76.7%) lions, Physaloptera sp. in 14 (46.7%) lions, Toxascaris leonina in 13 (43...
- Comparison of functional gene annotation of Toxascaris leonina and Toxocara canis using CLC genomics workbenchKi Uk Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, Yangsan 626 870, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 51:525-30. 2013The ascarids, Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, are probably the most common gastrointestinal helminths encountered in dogs...
- Alteration of cytokine production during visceral larva migrans by Toxascaris leonina in miceShin Ae Kang
Department of Parasitology, School of Medicine, Pusan National University, and Immunoregulatory Therapeutics Group in Brain Busan 21 Project, Yangsan 626 870, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 51:583-8. 2013To determine alteration of immune responses during visceral larva migrans (VLM) caused by Toxascaris leonina at several time points, we experimentally infected mice with embryonated eggs of T...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites in private-household cats in JapanNaoyuki Itoh
Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine, School of Veterinary Medicine, Kitasato University, Towada, Aomori, Japan
J Feline Med Surg 14:436-9. 2012..1%; two protozoan parasites (Giardia species and Cystoisospora species) and five helminths (Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma tubaeforme, Taenia species and Spirometra erinacei) were detected...
- Feline intestinal parasites in Finland: prevalence, risk factors and anthelmintic treatment practicesAnu Näreaho
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, PO Box 66, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
J Feline Med Surg 14:378-83. 2012..The cat owners completed a questionnaire. Toxocara cati prevalence was 5.4% and Toxascaris leonina 0.2%. Taenia species eggs were found in 1.5% of the samples and Isospora felis in 0.7%, whilst 3...
- Serological detection of circulating Angiostrongylus vasorum antigen and specific antibodies in dogs from central and northern ItalyL Guardone
Department of Animal Pathology, Prophylaxis and Food Hygiene, University of Pisa, Viale delle Piagge 2, Pisa 56124, Italy
Vet Parasitol 192:192-8. 2013..vasorum (n=2), Capillaria aerophila (n=35), Capillaria boehmi (n=3), Toxocara canis (n=68), Toxascaris leonina (n=5), hookworms (n=37) and Trichuris vulpis (n=39) were detected...
- Prevalence of zoonotic intestinal parasites in domestic and stray dogs in a rural area of IranMolouk Beiromvand
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Prev Vet Med 109:162-7. 2013..Intestinal parasites were found in 51 of the 77 (66%) dogs most common being Toxascaris leonina (29%, 22/77), Toxocara spp. (25%, 19/77), Eimeria spp. (19%, 15/77), Taenia/Echinococcus spp...
- Structure of full-length Toxascaris leonina galectin with two carbohydrate-recognition domainsMi Suk Jeong
Department of Molecular Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Pusan National University, Jangjeon Dong, Geumjeong Gu, Busan 609 735, Republic of Korea
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 69:168-75. 2013The full-length crystal structure of Toxascaris leonine galectin (Tl-gal), a galectin-9 homologue protein, was determined at a resolution of 2.0 Å...
- Survey on helminths in the small intestine of wild foxes in Qinghai, ChinaWei Li
Academy of Animal and Veterinary Medicine, University of Qinghai, No 1, Weier road, Sci biological Industry Areas, Xining, Qinghai, the People of Republic of China
J Vet Med Sci 75:1329-33. 2013..In 27 red foxes and 9 Tibetan sand foxes examined, Mesocestoides litteratus (total prevalence: 64%), Toxascaris leonina (50%), Taenia pisiformis (8%) and Taenia crassiceps (8%) were found in both species of foxes...
- Geographical Information Systems and canine faecal contamination: the experience in the city of Naples (southern Italy)V Veneziano
Dipartimento di Patologia e Sanita Animale, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II CREMOPAR Regione Campania, Napoli, Italy
Parassitologia 48:125-8. 2006..Out of the total of 415 copros, 70 (16.9%) were positive for parasitic elements; eggs of Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Ancylostoma caninum and Trichuris vulpis were found, as well as oocysts of Isospora canis.
- Characterization of antigenic property of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina adults and larvae through immunodiagnostic electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) and western blot techniqueA A El-Massry
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 29:335-45. 1999..dodecyle sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis--SDS-PAGE--between somatic antigen of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, adults and larvae, recovered from dogs...
- Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasites of stray dogs impounded by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), Durban and Coast, South AfricaS Mukaratirwa
School of Biological and Conservation Sciences, University of KwaZulu Natal, Westville Campus, Durban, 4000 South Africa
J S Afr Vet Assoc 81:123-5. 2010..53.8%), Trichuris vulpis (7.9%), Spirocerca lupi (5.4%), Toxocara canis (7.9%), Toxascaris leonina (0.4%) Giardia intestinalis (5.6%) and Isospora sp. (1.3%)...
- [Occurrence of parasites in the alimentary canal of cats from Szczecin area, Poland]Dorota Ładczuk
Katedra Anatomii, Hydrobiologii i Biotechnologii Rozrodu, Wydział Nauk o Zywności i Rybactwa, Zachodniopomorski Uniwersytet Technologiczny w Szczecinie, ul Kazimierza Królewicza 4, 71 550 Szczecin
Wiad Parazytol 56:235-42. 2010..62%. The following parasites were observed: Toxocara cati, Toxascaris leonina, Dipylidium caninum, Isospora sp...
- Detection of patent infections of Echinococcus granulosus ("sheep-strain", G1) in naturally infected dogs in KosovoKurtesh Sherifi
Faculty of Agriculture and Veterinary, University of Prishtina, Kosovo
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 124:518-21. 2011..5%), Trichuris sp. 87 (28.5%), Toxocara sp. 42 (13.7%), Toxascaris leonina 21 (6.8%) and Dipylidium caninum eight (2.6%). From 21 of the 305 samples (6...
- Gastrointestinal helminths of dogs in Western Pomerania, PolandAgnieszka Tylkowska
Department of Biotechnology of Animal Reproduction and Environmental Hygiene, Faculty of Biotechnology and Animal Husbandry, West Pomeranian University of Technology, Doktora Judyma 6, 71 466 Szczecin, Poland
Wiad Parazytol 56:269-76. 2010..62%), Toxascaris leonina (2.91%), Ancylostoma sp. (4.61%), and Trichuris vulpis (0.27%)...
- Exposure to infectious agents in dogs in remote coastal British Columbia: Possible sentinels of diseases in wildlife and humansHeather M Bryan
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Can J Vet Res 75:11-7. 2011..31 contained at least 1 parasitic infection, including Taeniid tapeworms, the nematodes Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina, and the protozoans Isospora sp., Giardia sp., Cryptosporidium sp., and Sarcocystis sp...
- Helminth parasites in faecal samples from the endangered Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus)L Acosta
Area de Parasitología, Departamento de Agroquímica y Medio Ambiente, Universidad Miguel Hernandez de Elche, Ctra Valencia Km 8 7, 03550 San Juan, Alicante, Spain
Vet Parasitol 179:175-9. 2011..and Taenia spp.) and four Nematodes (Ancylostoma spp., Toxocara spp., Toxascaris leonina, and Capillaria sp.)...
- Confirmation of the efficacy of a combination tablet of spinosad and milbemycin oxime against naturally acquired infections of canine intestinal nematode parasitesBeate Schnitzler
Elanco Animal Health, Eli Lilly and Company Limited, Basingstoke, UK
Vet Parasitol 184:279-83. 2012..infections of adult whipworm (Trichuris vulpis), hookworm (Ancylostoma caninum) and ascarids (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina)...
- Seroepidemiological survey of helminthic parasites of stray dogs in Sari City, northern IranIshirzad Gholami
Department of Parasitology and Mycology, Faculty of Medical, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 14:133-7. 2011..were Uncinaria stenocephala (12%), Taenia hydatigena (6%), Spirocerca lupi (6%), Dirofilaria immitis (6%), Toxascaris leonina (2%), Rictularia sp. (2%), Taenia ovis (2%) and Taenia taeniformis (2%)...
- Gastrointestinal parasites in mammals of two Italian zoological gardensMariarita Fagiolini
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi e Igiene degli Alimenti, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Pisa, Viale delle Piagge n 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
J Zoo Wildl Med 41:662-70. 2010..Overall, 10% (Cryptosporidium sp.) and 43.3% (Toxocara cati, Strongyloides stercoralis, Toxascaris leonina, and hookworms) of carnivores, 66.7% (Cryptosporidium spp.) and 100% (Trichuris spp...
- Detection of zoonotic intestinal parasites in public parks of Spain. Potential epidemiological role of microsporidiaD Dado
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Zoonoses Public Health 59:23-8. 2012..17.7%), Cryptosporidium sp. (9%), E. histolytica (2.5%), Trichuris vulpis (1.3%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%) and microsporidia spores (28%)...
- A survey study on gastrointestinal parasites of stray cats in northern region of Nile delta, EgyptReda E Khalafalla
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Kafrelsheikh University, Kafrelsheikh, Egypt
PLoS ONE 6:e20283. 2011..The results of this study reported seven helminth species: Toxocara cati (9%), Ancylostoma tubaeforme (4%), Toxascaris leonina (5%), Dipylidium caninum (5%), Capillaria spp...
- Prevalence of canine gastrointestinal helminths in urban Lusaka and rural Katete Districts of ZambiaEugene C Bwalya
University of Zambia, School of Veterinary Medicine, Clinical Studies Department, PO Box 32379, Lusaka 10101, Zambia
Prev Vet Med 100:252-5. 2011..9% Ancylostoma caninum, 11% Toxocara canis, 4.8% Toxascaris leonina, 2.4% Dipylidium caninum, 0.7% Taeniidae and 0.3% T. vulpis, species for Lusaka while Katete recorded 70...
- Results of parasitological examinations of faecal samples from cats and dogs in Germany between 2003 and 2010Dieter Barutzki
Veterinary Laboratory Freiburg, Freiburg iBr, Germany
Parasitol Res 109:S45-60. 2011..18.6 %), Toxocara canis (6.1 %), Toxascaris leonina (0.6 %), Ancylostomatidae (2.2 %), Trichuris vulpis (1.2 %), Capillaria spp. (1...
- Dynamics of antibody production in mice infected with Toxascaris leonina Linstow, 1909V Figallová
Institute of Parasitology, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Ceske Budejovice
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 37:351-4. 1990..and ELISA tests the dynamics of antibody production in serum of mice experimentally infected with Toxascaris leonina was studied...
- Epidemiology of Toxascaris leonina infection post-weaning within a colony of dogsM A Fisher
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Sandwich, Kent, UK
J Helminthol 76:27-9. 2002This communication reports incidental observations on Toxascaris leonina infections in a beagle breeding colony. Regular faecal monitoring demonstrated that T. leonina was endemic in the adult dam population within this colony...
- [Muscoid dipterans as helminth eggs mechanical vectors at the zoological garden, Brazil]Vanderleia Cristina de Oliveira
Laboratório de Biologia e Controle de Insetos Vetores, Departamento de Biologia, Fundação Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Rev Saude Publica 36:614-20. 2002..To assess muscoid dipterae species who are able to carry helminth eggs and larvae and to evaluate the potential contamination of trapped dipterae...
- Ascarid nematodes in domestic and wild terrestrial mammalsA Okulewicz
Department of General Parasitology, Microbiological Institute, University of Wrocław, Przybyszewskiego 63 77, 51 148 Wrocław, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 5:277-81. 2002..canis, T. cati, Toxascaris leonina). The prevalence of T. canis in the Canidae was 66.7%, of T. cati in the Felidae was 14.3%, while 57...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii and intestinal parasites in stray, farm and household cats in SpainGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Avda Puerta de Hierro s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 126:249-55. 2004..The following prevalences of other intestinal parasites were found: Toxocara cati (18.3%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%), Ancylostoma sp. (1%), Capillaria spp. (1.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (1%), Taenia like (3...
- Ecological analysis and description of the intestinal helminths present in dogs in Mexico CityP Eguía-Aguilar
Departamento de Patología Clínica y Experimental, Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gomez, Avenida Dr Márquez No 162, Colonia de los Doctores, Mexico, DF CP 06720, Mexico
Vet Parasitol 127:139-46. 2005..Nematodes collected were: Ancylostoma caninum in 75 (62.5%) animals, Toxocara canis in 16 (13.3%) and Toxascaris leonina in 5 (4.16%). By age, D. caninum and A...
- Helminth eggs in the sludge from three sewage treatment plants in CzechoslovakiaP Horak
Department of Parasitology, Charles University, Prague, Czechoslovakia
Folia Parasitol (Praha) 39:153-7. 1992..The eggs were comprised from Ascaris sp., Toxocara sp., Toxascaris leonina, Parascaris equorum, Enterobius vermicularis, Trichuris sp., Capillaria sp. and Hymenolepis spp...
- Evaluation of the efficacy of emodepside plus praziquantel topical solution against ascarid infections (Toxocara cati or Toxascaris leonina) in catsC R Reinemeyer
East Tennessee Clinical Research, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Parasitol Res 97:S41-50. 2005..Bayer AG, Leverkusen, Germany) against infection with various stages of the ascarid nematodes Toxocara cati and Toxascaris leonina...
- Soil contamination with ascarid eggs in playgrounds in Kirikkale, TurkeyM Aydenizöz Ozkayhan
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine of Kirikkale University, 71451 Kirikkale, Turkey
J Helminthol 80:15-8. 2006..Eggs of Toxascaris leonina and Taenia spp. and oocysts of Isospora spp. were also found in 1.5%, 1.0% and 0...
- Prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs in some urban and rural areas of HungaryE Fok
Department of Parasitology and Zoology, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Szent Istvan University, Budapest, Hungary
Vet Q 23:96-8. 2001..3-30.1); Trichuris vulpis (20.4-23.3); Ancylostomatidae (8.1-13.1); Capillaria spp. (0-7.3); Toxascaris leonina (2.1-0); Taenia-type (2.8-2.4); Dipylidium caninum (0.4-1); coccidia (3.5-3.4). Of the positive dogs, 8...
- A parasitological survey of wild red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) from the province of Guadalajara, SpainA Criado-Fornelio
Laboratorio de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Alcala de Henares, Crta Madrid Barcelona, Km 33, 600, E 28871 Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 92:245-51. 2000..foxes in areas where moist soils were likely to exist, in contrast to areas of semiarid characteristics, where Toxascaris leonina or Trichuris vulpis were predominant...