Summary: A genus of trichuroid nematodes parasitic in the liver and intestines of many mammals and birds. Two species, C. hepatica and C. philippinensis, produce often fatal infections in man.
Publications189 found, 100 shown here
- Evaluation of Capillaria philippinensis coproantigen in the diagnosis of infectionNadia A El Dib
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 34:97-106. 2004..This antigen was able to detect anti-Capillaria antibodies in the sera of infected cases at the same OD level produced with Capillaria crude worm antigen using ..
- Experimental hepatic fibrosis due to Capillaria hepatica infection (differential features presented by rats and mice)Stelamares Boyda de Andrade
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Rua Valdemar Falcão 121, 40295 001 Salvador, BA, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:399-406. 2004Rats and mice are among the most susceptible hosts for the helminth Capillaria hepatica...
- Canine and feline infections by cardiopulmonary nematodes in central and southern ItalyAngela Di Cesare
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 109:S87-96. 2011b>Capillaria aerophila, Aelurostrongylus abstrusus, Angiostrongylus vasorum and Dirofilaria immitis are cardiopulmonary nematodes affecting dogs and cats and presently emerging in several countries...
- Human intestinal capillariasis in ThailandPrasert Saichua
Department of Preclinical Science, Faculty of Medicine Thammasat University, Klongluang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
World J Gastroenterol 14:506-10. 2008Intestinal capillariasis caused by Capillaria philippinensis appeared first in the Philippines and subsequently in Thailand, Japan, Iran, Egypt and Taiwan; major outbreaks have occurred in the Philippines and Thailand...
- Molecular detection of Capillaria aerophila, an agent of canine and feline pulmonary capillariosisAngela Di Cesare
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Teramo, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 50:1958-63. 2012b>Capillaria aerophila, a trichuroid nematode causing pulmonary infections in wild and domestic carnivores, is occasionally and potentially poorly recognized in infections of humans due to clinicopathological mimicry and a lack of accurate, ..
- New insights into morphological and biological features of Capillaria aerophila (Trichocephalida, Trichuridae)Donato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 109:S97-104. 2011b>Capillaria aerophila is a trichuroid nematode affecting the respiratory system of dogs, cats, wild carnivores and, occasionally, humans...
- Human intestinal capillariasis (Capillaria philippinensis) in TaiwanLi Hua Lu
Department of Emergency Medicine, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Hsinchu Branch, Taiwan
Am J Trop Med Hyg 74:810-3. 2006b>Capillaria philippinensis was first reported in 1963 in the Philippines. Major outbreaks have occurred in the Philippines and Thailand...
- Pseudoparasitism by Calodium hepaticum (syn. Capillaria hepatica; Hepaticola hepatica) in the Negro River, Brazilian AmazonFilipe A Carvalho-Costa
Oswaldo Cruz Institute, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 103:1071-3. 2009We report the finding of eggs of Calodium spp. (syn. Capillaria spp.; Hepaticola spp.) in a fecal sample from an old woman living in a riverine community in the Negro River Basin and describe the associated epidemiological investigation...
- Three cases of intestinal capillariasis in Lao People's Democratic RepublicPhonepasong Soukhathammavong
Swiss Tropical Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Am J Trop Med Hyg 79:735-8. 2008b>Capillaria philippinensis is a rare zoonotic intestinal parasite that emerged in the 1960s. The outcome of intestinal capillariasis may be fatal if untreated in due time...
- Capillaria philippinensis in Upper Egypt: has it become endemic?Rasha A H Attia
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt
Am J Trop Med Hyg 86:126-33. 2012The goal of this study was to present an overview of human infections with Capillaria philippinensis, a new emerging parasite in Upper Egypt. The study included 21 inpatients who had been admitted to the Assiut University Hospital...
- Capillaria hepatica in Puma concolor: first report in BrazilRosiléia M Quadros
Department of Biological and Health Sciences, Universidade do Planalto Catarinense, Lages, Santa Catarina, Av Castelo Branco, 170, Bairro Universitario, Lages, CEP 88509 900, Brazil
J Zoo Wildl Med 40:586-7. 2009b>Capillaria hepatica was detected by histopathologic diagnosis in two cougars that were shot in April 2008 in Painel, Santa Catarina, Brazil...
- Capillaria hepatica in ChinaChao Ding Li
Department of Orthopedics, First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Soochow 215006, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 16:698-702. 2010b>Capillaria hepatica (C. hepatica) is a parasitic nematode causing hepatic capillariasis in numerous mammals. Ecologic studies showed that the first hosts of C...
- Efficacy and safety of imidacloprid 10%/moxidectin 1% spot-on formulation in the treatment of feline infection by Capillaria aerophilaDonato Traversa
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Teramo, Italy
Parasitol Res 111:1793-8. 2012The nematode Capillaria aerophila (Trichuroidea, Trichuridae) affects the respiratory system of cats and other animals and occasionally of human beings...
- Pulmonary capillariasis miming bronchial carcinomaDusan Lalosevic
Faculty of Medicine and Clinical Center, University of Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Serbia
Am J Trop Med Hyg 78:14-6. 2008Pulmonary capillariasis is a zoonotic disease caused by the cosmopolitan nematode Capillaria aerophila, which circulates among wild carnivorous and omnivorous mammals. Only 11 cases have been documented to date...
- Mixed trichuroid infestation in a dog from ItalyAngela Di Cesare
Department of Comparative Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, Valenzano, Italy
Parasit Vectors 5:128. 2012b>Capillaria aerophila, Capillaria boehmi and Trichuris vulpis are trichuroid nematodes affecting wild and companion animals all over the World. The canine intestinal whipworm, T...
- Capillaria hepatica in man--an overview of hepatic capillariosis and spurious infectionsHans Peter Fuehrer
Institute of Specific Prophylaxis and Tropical Medicine, Center for Pathophysiology, Infectiology and Immunology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Parasitol Res 109:969-79. 2011b>Capillaria hepatica (syn. for Calodium hepaticum) is a zoonotic nematode parasitizing in the livers of rodents as main hosts and in numerous other mammals including humans...
- Enterobius, trichuris, capillaria, and hookworm including ancylostoma caninumR K Grencis
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 25:579-97. 1996Infections by the nematodes Enterobius, Trichuris, Capillaria, and hookworm are some of the most widespread gastrointestinal infections worldwide...
- Capillaria spp. eggs in Patagonian archaeological sites: statistical analysis of morphometric dataMartín H Fugassa
Laboratorio de Zoonosis Parasitarias, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:104-5. 2008Discriminant analysis was used to identify eggs of Capillaria spp. at specific level found in organic remains from an archaeological site in Patagonia, Argentina, dated of 6,540 +/- 110 years before present...
- Serological detection of Capillaria hepatica by indirect immunofluorescence assayM Juncker-Voss
Institute of Parasitology, A 1210 Vienna, Schönbrunner Tiergarten Ges m b H, A 1130 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Microbiol 38:431-3. 2000In this paper, a serological assay for the detection of antibodies to Capillaria hepatica, a zoonotic parasite, is described. In the past, the only way of detecting Capillaria hepatica was to perform a liver biopsy...
- Capillaria philippinensis: a cause of fatal diarrhea in one of two infected Egyptian sistersHanaa El-Karaksy
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
J Trop Pediatr 50:57-60. 2004b>Capillaria philippinensis is an emerging infection in Egypt. Reports in children are scarce. We report here two sisters with C. philippinensis infection, aged 8 and 12 years...
- Anthelmintic efficacy of ivermectin against Syngamus trachea and Capillaria spp. in pheasantJ Lamka
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Charles University, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Vet Med (Praha) 42:157-60. 1997..1 x 1.6 mg/kg h.w., 3 x 0.8 mg/kg b.w., and 3 x 1.6 mg/kg b.w. to pheasants infected by Syngamus trachea and Capillaria spp. The samples of faeces were coprologically examined. The clinical state of pheasant was controlled...
- Capillaria hepatica infection in wild brown rats (Rattus norvegicus) from the urban area of Milan, ItalyR Ceruti
Istituto di Anatomia Patologica Veterinaria e Patologia Aviare, , Milan, Italy
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 48:235-40. 2001Forty-seven wild brown rats (Rattus norvegicus) collected from the urban area of Milan (Italy) were screened for Capillaria hepatica liver infection. The liver of each rat was grossly and histologically examined for the presence of C...
- Changes of cytokine mRNA expression and IgG responses in rats infected with Capillaria hepaticaDong Kwan Kim
Department of Parasitology and the Institute of Travel Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, 136 705, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 45:95-102. 2007..of several cytokines was evaluated in splenocytes and mesenteric lymph node (MLN) cells of rats infected with Capillaria hepatica by reverse-transcription (RT)-PCR until week 12 after infection...
- A contribution to the diagnosis of Capillaria hepatica infection by indirect immunofluorescence testBárbara C A Assis
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Rua Valdemar Falcão 121, 40295 001 Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:173-7. 2004A highly specific pattern of immunofluorescence was noted when sera from Capillaria hepatica-infected rats were tested against the homologous worms and eggs present either in paraffin or cryostat sections from mouse liver...
- Worm load and septal fibrosis of the liver in Capillaria hepatica-infected ratsR F Oliveira
, , 40295-001 Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:1001-3. 2001Inocula, varying from 15 to 1,000 embryonated Capillaria hepatica eggs, were administered to young adult rats by gastric tube, in an attempt to investigate the influence of worm load in the production of septal fibrosis of the liver...
- Pathogenesis of hepatic septal fibrosis associated with Capillaria hepatica infection of ratsA B Santos
, , , Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 34:503-6. 2001..Rats infected with the helminth Capillaria hepatica constitute a good experimental model of such fibrosis...
- [Biodiversity of Capillariinae]Anna Okulewicz
Zakład Parazytologii, Instytut Genetyki i Mikrobiologii, Uniwersytet Wrocławski, ul Przybyszewskiego 63 77, 51 148 Wrocław
Wiad Parazytol 51:9-14. 2005..Biology and ecology of species parasitizing breeding birds and mammals is well known, however data relative to capillaria of wild animals are fragmentary...
- Calodium hepaticum (syn. Capillaria hepatica) in captive rodents in a zoological gardenS P Redrobe
Bristol Zoo Gardens, Guthrie Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3HA, UK
J Comp Pathol 133:73-6. 2005..As C. hepaticum is potentially zoonotic, members of staff in zoos should be careful to avoid soil-to-mouth contact, particularly in prairie dog enclosures...
- Capillaria in the bladder of an adult catChristian Bédard
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medecine, University of Montreal, 3200 Sicotte, C P 5000, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec J2S 7C6
Can Vet J 43:973-4. 2002
- Prevalence of Trichinella larvae and extra-intestinal nematodes in Norwegian red foxes (Vulpes vulpes)Rebecca K Davidson
Section for Wildlife Diseases, National Veterinary Institute, Oslo, Norway
Vet Parasitol 136:307-16. 2006..8%); Capillaria böhmi (C. böhmi) 88/174 (51%); Capillaria aerophila (C. aerophila) 160/181 (88%); Crenosoma vulpis (Cr...
- Eucoleus aerophilus respiratory infection in a dog with Addison's diseaseHilary Burgess
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can Vet J 49:389-92. 2008..Bronchoalveolar lavage revealed numerous ova identified as Eucoleus aerophilus, previously known as Capillaria aerophila. Clinical signs resolved following treatment with fenbendazole.
- Capillaria hepatica-induced hepatic fibrosis in rats: paradoxical effect of repeated infectionsLudmila Oliveira
CNPq, UFBA, Brazil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 37:123-7. 2004..b>Capillaria hepatica-induced septal fibrosis of the liver in rats usually runs without signs of portal hypertension or ..
- Solitary necrotic nodule revisitedJonathan Koea
ANZ J Surg 78:109-11. 2008
- [Calodium hepaticum (Bancroft, 1893) Moravec, 1982--capillaria with an atypical life cycle]Anna Okulewicz
Zakład Parazytologii, Instytut Genetyki i Mikrobiologii, Uniwersytet Wrocławski
Wiad Parazytol 49:115-24. 2003Calodium hepaticum (Bancroft, 1893)--commonly known as Capillaria hepatica is a nematode parasitising in liver of rodents, some domestic and wild mammals: Insectivora, Carnivora, Artiodactyla and Primates including human as well. C...
- Clinical features of human intestinal capillariasis in TaiwanMing Jong Bair
Department of Gastroenterology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taitung Branch, 1, Lane 303 Chang Sha St Taitung, Taiwan, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2391-3. 2004..Two cases were diagnosed by histology. Mebendazole or albendezole 200 mg orally twice a day for 20-30 d is the treatment of choice. All the patients were cured, and relapses were not observed within 12 mo...
- Macrophages, myofibroblasts and mast cells in a rat liver infected with Capillaria hepaticaWon Il Jeong
Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 702 701, Korea
J Vet Sci 9:211-3. 2008We trapped a rat (Rattus norvegicus) infected with Capillaria hepatica. At necropsy, grossly yellowish-white nodules (2-3 mm in diameter) were noted to be scattered on the liver's surface...
- Hepatic calodium hepaticum (Nematoda) infection in a zoo colony of black-tailed prairie dogs (Cynomys ludovicianus)Jennifer A Landolfi
Department of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Room 835, Broadway Research Building, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 34:371-4. 2003Calodium hepaticum (syn. Capillaria hepatica), a nematode parasite commonly found in the liver of wild rodents, infects a wide variety of mammals, including humans...
- Population dynamics of nematode parasites of reindeer in the sub-arcticJ T Hrabok
Department of Parasitology SWEPAR, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Parasitol 142:301-11. 2006..b>Capillaria sp. eggs were detected in calves and adults, but Nematodirinae eggs were only recovered from calves...
- Capillaria hepatica in rats: focal parasitic hepatic lesions and septal fibrosis run independent coursesAna Thereza Gomes
Departamento de Medicina Interna, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:895-8. 2006b>Capillaria hepatica causes two main lesions in the liver of rats: multifocal chronic inflammation, directly related to the presence of disintegrating parasites and their eggs, and a process of systematized septal fibrosis...
- Fatal toxoplasmosis and concurrent Calodium hepaticum infection in Korean squirrels (Tanias sibericus)L Carrasco
Departamentos de Anatomía y Anatomía Patológica Comparadas y Sanidad Animal Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Cordoba, Spain
Vet Parasitol 137:180-3. 2006..The protozoa stained positively with T. gondii polyclonal antibodies and were ultrastructurally similar to T. gondii. Calodium (Capillaria) hepaticum infection was found in the liver of one squirrel.
- Comparative ultrasonographic investigations of the gastrointestinal tract and the liver in healthy and diseased pigeonsMichael Pees
Department of Small Animal Medicine, the Clinic for Birds and Reptiles, University of Leipzig, Germany
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 47:370-5. 2006..001). We defined baseline measurements for the duodenal loop in pigeons and provided evidence that ultrasound can be a useful diagnostic tool for investigating intestinal disease in pigeons...
- Pathogenesis of septal fibrosis of the liver. (An experimental study with a new model.)Márcia Maria de Souza
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ, Rua Waldemar Falcao 121, 40295 001 Salvador, BA, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 202:883-9. 2006..An interesting model of septal fibrosis occurs in rats infected with the nematode Capillaria hepatica...
- The endoscopic-pathologic findings in intestinal capillariais: a case reportApichat Sangchan
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 90:175-8. 2007..The parasitic eggs were identified in jejunal content and worms were identified in jejunal mucosa. He was successfully treated with albendazole...
- Ultrastructure of eggs of Paracapillaria (Crossicapillaria) philippinensis and evidence related to its life cycleKabkaew L Sukontason
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Micron 37:87-90. 2006..Thin eggshells are transparent allowing visibility of the coiled larva within. Presence of the thin shell provides supportive evidence of autoinfection involved in the life cycle of this medically important parasite...
- The effect of an indirect anthelmintic treatment on parasites and breeding success of free-living pheasants Phasianus colchicusR A H Draycott
The Game Conservancy Trust, Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK
J Helminthol 80:409-15. 2006..They are prone to infection by a range of parasite species including Heterakis gallinarum, Capillaria spp. and Syngamus trachea...
- Capillaria hepatica infestationFazal Nabi
Department of Pediatrics and Histopathology, Jaslok Hospital and Research Center, 15 Dr G Deshmukh Marg, Mumbai, India
Indian Pediatr 44:781-2. 2007b>Capillaria hepatica is a very rare zoonotic infestation which primarily infests rodents and is rarely found in humans. The presenting features are fever of unknown origin, hepatomegaly and peripheral eosinophilia...
- [Marked hypoalbuminemia caused by Capillaria philippinensis]Shigetoshi Sakabe
Department of Internal Medicine, Yamada Red Cross Hospital, Ise
Nihon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 96:2282-3. 2007
- How variable are hydroxyproline determinations made in different samples of the same liver?Ana Thereza B Gomes
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Gonçalo Moniz Research Center, FIOCRUZ, Rua Valdemar Falcão, n 121 CEP 40295 001 Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Clin Biochem 39:1160-3. 2006..Inter-sample variation may represent a crucial issue when hydroxyproline measurement is used to quantify fibrosis. A comparative study of the hydroxyproline levels in normal and fibrotic rats is herein reported...
- Immunological tolerance to pig-serum partially inhibits the formation of septal fibrosis of the liver in Capillaria hepatica-infected ratsRodrigo Guimarães Andrade
Laboratorio de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Rua Valdemar Falcão 121, 41295 001 Salvador, BA, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:703-7. 2004..fibrosis of the liver can be induced in rats either by repeated intraperitoneal injections of pig-serum or by Capillaria hepatica infection...
- Analysis of tracheal sputum for diagnosing and monitoring verminous pneumonia in hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus)G Cousquer
RSPCA Wildlife Hospital, West Hatch, Taunton, Somerset TA3 5RT
Vet Rec 154:332-3. 2004
- Red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in Ireland as hosts for parasites of potential zoonotic and veterinary significanceA Wolfe
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, National University of Ireland, Dublin
Vet Rec 149:759-63. 2001..Taenia species, eggs of Capillaria species and sporocysts of Sarcocystis species were also found...
- Redescription and systematic status of Capillaria philippinensis, an intestinal parasite of human beingsF Moravec
Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic,
J Parasitol 87:161-4. 2001A redescription of the capillariid originally described as Capillaria philippinensis, a pathogenic intestinal parasite of humans, is provided on the basis of specimens collected in humans in the Philippines...
- Effect of interferon-alpha on experimental septal fibrosis of the liver - study with a new modelM M Souza
, FIOCRUZ, Salvador, BA, 40295-001, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:343-8. 2001..Rats infected with the helminth Capillaria hepatica regularly develop diffuse septal fibrosis of the liver, which terminates in cirrhosis 40 days after ..
- Intestinal capillariass in Egypt epideiologigal backgroundNadia A el-Dib
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 32:145-54. 2002..Differential diagnosis was discussed and the cost paid by patients to reach the correct diagnosis was estimated. Suggestions about the way with which the parasite was introduced and maintained in Egypt were mentioned...
- [Bladder infection with Capillaria plica in a male dog]L van Veen
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 127:393-4. 2002..After 10 days a second urine examination revealed several eggs of C. plica, accompanied by leucocytes and erythrocytes. The infection was eliminated with fenbendazole treatment (50 mg/kg/day, for 10 days)...
- Stichosome ultrastructure of the fish nematode Capillaria pterophylli Heinze, 1933Z Zd'árská
Institute of Parasitology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Branisovska 31, 37005 Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Parasite 9:181-5. 2002The stichosome (posterior glandular esophagus) of Capillaria pterophylli Heinze, 1933 consists of large gland cells (stichocytes) and lumenal epithelium with cuticular lining. Both structures are enclosed in a reticulum of muscle cells...
- Capillaria hepatica (Calodium hepaticum) infection in a British dogS Lloyd
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge
Vet Rec 151:419-20. 2002
- Clinical problem-solving. A gut feelingEddy Fan
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
N Engl J Med 359:75-80. 2008
- Production of septal fibrosis of the liver by means of foreign protein injections into ratsBruna Magalhães Gotardo
Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 36:577-80. 2003Similarities and differences in antigenic humoral responses and electrophoretic patterns between Capillaria hepatica and pig-serum were investigated as a contribution to the understanding of hepatic fibrosis induced by the parenteral ..
- Immunological basis of septal fibrosis of the liver in Capillaria hepatica-infected ratsQ T Lemos
Laborat rio de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Pesquisa Gon alo Moniz, Funda o Oswaldo Cruz, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:1201-7. 2003Rats infected with the helminth Capillaria hepatica regularly develop septal fibrosis of the liver similar to that induced by repeated ip injections of pig serum...
- [Parasites of Mustelidae from Bialowieza Forest, Poland]Paweł Górski
Zakład Parazytologii i Inwazjologii, Katedra Nauk Przedklinicznych, Wydział Medycyny Weterynaryjnej SGGW, Warszawa
Wiad Parazytol 50:751. 2004
- The presence of Fasciola hepatica (liver-fluke) in humans and cattle from a 4,500 year old archaeological site in the Saale-Unstrut valley, GermanyK Dittmar
Department of Zoology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, USA
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 98:141-3. 2003..Eggs of the trematode Fasciola hepatica and of the nematode genus Capillaria were found. This is the first case of a direct association of a F...
- The prevalence of intestinal parasites in dogs from Prague, rural areas, and shelters of the Czech RepublicS Dubná
Department of Zoology and Fisheries, Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources, Czech University of Agriculture in Prague, Kamycka 957, 165 21 Prague 6, Suchdol, Czech Republic
Vet Parasitol 145:120-8. 2007..0%), Giardia spp. (0.1%), Toxascaris sp. (0.9%), Dipylidium sp. (0.7%), Sarcocystis spp. (0.6%), Capillaria spp. (0.6%), Neospora/Hammondia spp. (0.5%), Ancylostoma sp. (0.4%), Uncinaria sp. (0.4%), and Spirocerca sp. (0...
- Frequency distribution of Echinococcus multilocularis and other helminths of foxes in KyrgyzstanI Ziadinov
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 266a, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Parasitol 171:286-92. 2010..In addition Mesocestoides spp., Dipylidium caninum, Taenia spp., Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Capillaria and Acanthocephala spp...
- Helminths of red foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in DenmarkI Saeed
Danish Centre for Experimental Parasitology, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Dyrlaegevej 100, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Vet Parasitol 139:168-79. 2006..in Denmark during 1997-2002, revealed 21 helminth species at autopsy, including nine nematode species: Capillaria plica (prevalence 80.5%), Capillaria aerophila (74.1%), Crenosoma vulpis (17.4%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (48...
- Visceral helminths of wild boars (Sus scrofa leucomystax) in Japan, with special reference to a new species of the genus Morgascaridia Inglis, 1958 (Nematoda: Schneidernematidae)H Sato
Laboratory of Veterinary Parasitology, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, 1677 1 Yoshida, Yamaguchi 753 8515, Japan
J Helminthol 82:159-68. 2008..pudendotechus, Stephanurus dentatus, Gnathostoma doloresi, Physocephalus sexulata, Ascarops strongylina, Capillaria suis, Ascaris suum, Globocephalus samoensis, Globocephalus longimucronatus, Strongyloides ransomi, Trichuris ..
- Eosinophilic granuloma of the liver: a characteristic lesion with relationship to visceral larva migransK J Kaplan
Department of Pathology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC 20307 5001, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1316-21. 2001..Charcot-Leyden crystals were present in 19 cases (44%). Remnants of parasites (eight Toxocara sp., two Capillaria sp.) were identified in the tissue in 10 patients. There was a positive serologic test for Toxocara sp...
- Effect of short-term coyote removal on populations of coyote helminthsScott E Henke
MSC 218, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute, Texas A and M University Kingsville, Kingsville, Texas 78363 8202, USA
J Wildl Dis 38:54-67. 2002..caninum, Physaloptera rara, Toxascaris leonina, Dirofilaria immitis, Spirocerca lupi, Oslerus osleri, and Capillaria aerophila), three cestodes (Taenia pisiformis, Taenia multiceps, and Mesocestoides sp...
- Prevalence of endoparasites in household cat (Felis catus) populations from Transylvania (Romania) and association with risk factorsViorica Mircean
University of Agricultural Science and Veterinary Medicine, Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases Department, 3 5 Mănăştur Street, Cod 400372, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Vet Parasitol 171:163-6. 2010..9%), Isospora felis (5.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (5.6%), Strongyloides spp. (3.4%), Capillaria aerophila (3.1%), Taenia taeniaeformis (2.7%), T. gondii/H. hammondi (1.2%), Sarcocystis spp...
- Detection of protozoan and bacterial pathogens of public health importance in faeces of Corvus spp. (large-billed crow)H Y Lee
International Medical University, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Trop Biomed 25:134-9. 2008..The protozoan parasites detected include Cryptosporidium spp., Cyclospora spp., Blastocystis spp., and Capillaria hepatica and Ascaris lumbricoidus ova...
- Nematode parasites of adult dairy cattle in the NetherlandsF H Borgsteede
Institute for Animal Science and Health ID Lelystad, P O Box 65, 8200 AB, Lelystad, Netherlands
Vet Parasitol 89:287-96. 2000..was present (100%). Trichostrongylus axei was found in 47 abomasa (43.5%) and two cows (2%) were infected with Capillaria bovis. The geometric mean of the total abomasal worm counts was 1743 and of Ostertagia spp. alone 1615...
- Helminth infections in Apodemus sylvaticus in southern England: interactive effects of host age, sex and year on the prevalence and abundance of infectionsJ M Behnke
School of Biological Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
J Helminthol 73:31-44. 1999..recorded: five nematodes (Heligmosomoides polygyrus, Syphacia stroma, Pelodera strongyloides, Trichuris muris, Capillaria murissylvatici), two cestodes (Microsomacanthus crenata, Taenia taeniaeformis) and two trematodes (Corrigia ..
- Potential use of Trichinella spiralis antigen for serodiagnosis of human capillariasis philippinensis by immunoblot analysisPewpan M Intapan
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Parasitol Res 98:227-31. 2006Intestinal capillariasis is an emerging helminthic zoonosis caused by Capillaria philippinensis and is frequently fatal if not diagnosed correctly...
- Low-level parasitic worm burdens may reduce body condition in free-ranging red deer (Cervus elaphus)R J Irvine
Institute of Zoology, Zoological Society of London, Regents Park, London NW1 4RY
Parasitology 133:465-75. 2006..Additional species, also present in low numbers, included Nematodirus spp., Capillaria spp., Cooperia spp., Monieza expanza, Oesophagostomum venulosum and Trichuris ovis. Lungworm (Dictyocaulus spp...
- Diseases of free-ranging chickens in the Qwa-Qwa District of the northeastern Free State province of South AfricaM M O Thekisoe
Parasitology Research Programme, School of Life Sciences, University of the North Qwa Qwa Campus, Private Bag X13, Phuthaditjhaba 9866, South Africa
J S Afr Vet Assoc 74:14-6. 2003..Helminths isolated in 37% of the villages investigated were Heterakis, Ascaridia and Capillaria species. Eimeria species were also isolated in 32% of the villages investigated...
- Endo-parasite fauna of rodents caught in five wet markets in Kuala Lumpur and its potential zoonotic implicationsS Paramasvaran
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit, Institute for Medical Research, Jalan Pahang, Kuala Lumpur
Trop Biomed 26:67-72. 2009..The helminths identified from the urban rats were nematodes- Capillaria hepatica, Gongylonema neoplasticum, Heterakis spumosa, Heterakis sp...
- Correlates of helminth community in the red-legged partridge (Alectoris rufa L.) in SpainC Calvete
Departamento de Patologia Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria de Zaragoza, Zaragoza, Spain
J Parasitol 89:445-51. 2003..and Capillaria anatis were the most rare...
- Survey of peafowl (Pavo cristatus) for potential pathogens at three Michigan zoosSimon Hollamby
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Veterinary Medical Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824 1314, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 34:375-9. 2003..and Campylobacter sp. were not isolated. Fecal samples contained moderate numbers of ascarid and Capillaria sp. ova and coccidian oocysts. Female biting lice (Goniodes gigas) were identified on three birds.
- Parasitic infections in freshwater ornamental fish in Sri LankaI D S I P Thilakaratne
Veterinary Research Institute, Gannoruwa, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Dis Aquat Organ 54:157-62. 2003..and 1 nematode (Capillaria spp.) were identified...
- Intestinal and haematic parasitism in the birds of the Almuñecar (Granada, Spain) ornithological gardenG Pérez Cordón
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Instituto de Biotecnologia, Universidad de Granada, C Severo Ochoa, 18071 Granada, Spain
Vet Parasitol 165:361-6. 2009..4.5%), Eimeria sp. (4.1%) and Isospora sp. (2%) and helminths such as Capillaria sp. (10. 1%), Ascaridia sp. (4.9%) and Heterakis gallinarum (4.9%)...
- Helminth fauna of Eurasian lynx (Lynx lynx) in EstoniaH Valdmann
Department of Integrative Zoology, University of Tartu, Estonia
J Wildl Dis 40:356-60. 2004..cati were identified in 38 samples, and Capillaria spp were found in eight samples. This is the first systematic investigation of parasites of lynx in Estonia.
- Endoparasites of red fox (Vulpes vulpes) in central ItalyM Magi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Profilassi ed Igiene degli Alimenti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Wildl Dis 45:881-5. 2009..4%). Other parasites not associated with the intestine included Crenosoma vulpis (14.7%), Capillaria aerophila (7.0%), Angiostrongylus vasorum (7.0%), and filarial parasites (17.8%)...
- Changes in parasite transmission stage excretion after pheasant releaseD Villanúa
Instituto de Investigación en Recursos Cinegéticos IREC, CSIC UCLM JCCM, Ronda de Toledo s n, 13071 Ciudad Real, Spain
J Helminthol 80:313-8. 2006..Coccidian oocysts (Eimeria sp.), and nematode eggs (Heterakis sp., and Capillaria-like eggs) were recovered before and after release but all birds were treated prior to release...
- Helminthes of synanthropic rodents (Rodentia: Muridae) from Dakahlia and Menoufia, EgyptAtef M Elshazly
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura 35516, Egypt
J Egypt Soc Parasitol 38:727-40. 2008..The commonest cestode was Hymenolepis diminuta followed by Taenia taeniaformis. The commonest nematode was Capillaria hepatica followed by Trichurus muris...
- Paleoparasitological remains revealed by seven historic contexts from "Place d'Armes", Namur, BelgiumGino Chaves da Rocha
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica Sergio Arouca Fiocruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 101:43-52. 2006..suum, Trichuris trichiura, T. suis. Taenia sp., Fasciola hepatica, Diphyllobothrium sp., Capillaria sp. and Oxyuris equi eggs were found...
- [Endoparasites of the hedgehog]Wieland Beck
Pfizer GmbH Tiergesundheit, Munchen, Germany
Wien Klin Wochenschr 119:40-4. 2007..Helminths in the respiratory tract (Crenosoma striatum and Capillaria aerophila) cause lung dysfunction...
- A 12-month survey of the gastro-intestinal helminths of antelopes, gazelles and giraffids kept at two zoos in BelgiumEls Goossens
Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, B9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 127:303-12. 2005..were Camelostrongylus mentulatus from the abomasa and Trichostrongylus retortaeformis, Nematodirus fillicollis, Capillaria spp. and Trichuris spp. from the intestines...
- A comparison of the prevalence and burdens of helminth infections in growers and adult free-range chickensH B Magwisha
Sokoine University of Agriculture, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology, PO Box 3019, Morogoro, Tanzania
Trop Anim Health Prod 34:205-14. 2002..Allodapa suctoria (3%, 20%) and Capillaria annulata (1%, 10%) had a significantly lower prevalence in growers than in adults (p < 0.05)...
- Arthrostoma miyazakiense (Nematoda: Ancylostomatidae) infection in raccoon dogs of Korea and experimental transmission to dogsSung Shik Shin
Biotherapy Human Resources Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Korea
Korean J Parasitol 45:121-8. 2007..area of South Korea, contained helminth eggs belonging to 4 genera (roundworm, hookworm, whipworm, and Capillaria spp.) and cysts of Giardia sp. in their feces...
- Helminth fauna of Falconiform and Strigiform birds of prey in Galicia, Northwest SpainM L Sanmartin
Institute of Food Research and Analysis, University of Santiago de Compostela, C Constantino Candeira s n, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Parasitol Res 92:255-63. 2004..A total of 15 helminth species were detected, namely 8 nematodes ( Eucoleus dispar, Capillaria tenuissima, Synhimantus laticeps, Microtetrameres sp...
- Prevalence and distribution of gastro-intestinal helminths and haemoparasites in young scavenging chickens in upper eastern region of Ghana, West AfricaJ Poulsen
Department of Population Biology, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Prev Vet Med 45:237-45. 2000..The species and their prevalences were: Acuaria hamulosa (25%), Allodapa suctoria (20%), Ascaridia galli (24%), Capillaria spp. (60%), Choanotaenia infundibulum (13%), Gongylonema ingluvicola (62%), Heterakis gallinarum (31%), H...
- Efficacy of an in-feed preparation of ivermectin against helminths in the European wild boarIsabel G Fernandez-de-Mera
National Research Institute on Game Biology IREC, CSIC UCLM, P O Box 535, 13080, Ciudad Real, Spain
Parasitol Res 92:133-6. 2004..1%. There was no sufficient effect on Globocephalus urosubulatus, Trichuris suis, and Capillaria garfiai. The egg reduction in the treated group ( n=12) was 100% 6 days after the treatment...
- Gastrointestinal parasites of owls (Strigiformes) kept in captivity in the Southern region of BrazilAleksandro S Da Silva
Department of Microbiology, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Faixa de Camobi, Km 9, Campus Universitario, Prédio 20, Sala 4232, 97105 900 Santa Maria, RS, Brazil
Parasitol Res 104:485-7. 2009..Eggs of Capillaria spp. and Strongylida, oocysts of Cryptosporidium spp., Eimeria spp., and Isospora spp. were observed...
- Occurrence of parasitic invasions in domestic pigeons (Columba livia domestica) in the Northern PolandT Stenzel
Division of Poultry Diseases, Department of Infectious and Invasive Diseases, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Warmia and Mazury, Oczapowskiego 13, 10 719 Olsztyn, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 10:275-8. 2007..columbae was found in 5.5% lofts of carrier and 15.5% of fancy pigeons on the exhibitions. Eggs of Capillaria (C.) obsignata were found in 3.6% carrier pigeons and in 36.4% fancy pigeons lofts...
- Gastrointestinal helminths in indigenous and exotic chickens in Vietnam: association of the intensity of infection with the Major Histocompatibility ComplexT W Schou
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Section for Poultry Diseases, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Stigbojlen 4, DK 1870 Frederiksberg C, Denmark
Parasitology 134:561-73. 2007..The most prevalent helminths were Ascaridia galli, Heterakis beramporia, Tetrameres mothedai, Capillaria obsignata, Raillietina echinobothrida and Raillietina tetragona...
- Prevalence and significance of gastrointestinal helminths and protozoa in South American Camelids in SwitzerlandHubertus Hertzberg
Institute of Parasitology, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 119:291-4. 2006..On the farm level prevalences of endoparasitic infections were: trichostrongyles 87%; Trichuris sp. 74%; Capillaria sp. 68%; Nematodirus battus 63%; Nematodirus sp. 53%; Dicrocoelium dendriticum 34%; Moniezia sp...
- Phylogenetic relationships of Spiruromorpha from birds of prey based on 18S rDNAM Honisch
Leibniz Institute for Zoo and Wildlife Research, PO Box 601103, Berlin D 10252, Germany
J Helminthol 82:129-33. 2008..the strongylid Hovorkonema variegatum, which inhabits the trachea and bronchi, the hairworms Eucoleus dispar and Capillaria tenuissima isolated from the digestive system, the spirurid nematodes Cyrnea leptoptera, C. mansioni, C...
- [Intestinal nematodes of the Aythyini ducks in Western Pomerania]Katarzyna M Kavetska
Katedra Zoologii, Akademia Rolnicza, ul Doktora Judyma 20, 71 466 Szczecin
Wiad Parazytol 51:157-63. 2005..2% of all ducks were infected). The nematofauna studied was clearly dominated by A. petrovi, T. fissispina, and Capillaria anatis (Schrank, 1790)...
- Prevalence of antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii and intestinal parasites in stray, farm and household cats in SpainGuadalupe Miró
Departamento de Sanidad Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Avda Puerta de Hierro s n, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Vet Parasitol 126:249-55. 2004..3%), Toxascaris leonina (1.3%), Ancylostoma sp. (1%), Capillaria spp. (1.3%), Aelurostrongylus abstrusus (1%), Taenia like (3.7%), Dipylidium caninum (2...
- An eco-epidemiological study of contamination of soil with infective forms of intestinal parasitesPaula Sánchez Thevenet
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias Naturales, Universidad Nacional de la Patagonia San Juan Bosco, Comodoro Rivadavia, Chubut, Argentina
Eur J Epidemiol 19:481-9. 2004..05). Some of the organisms detected are associated with zoonoses. We observed the presence of Capillaria spp. and Spirocerca spp. under cool desert climatic conditions...
- Parasites of the endangered Cantabrian capercaillie (Tetrao urogallus cantabricus): correlates with host abundance and lek site characteristicsJavier Millan
Fundació Natura Parc, Santa Eugènia Balearic Islands, Spain
Parasitol Res 103:709-12. 2008..The higher prevalence was observed for Eimeria sp. oocysts (29% of feces). Capillaria-like eggs were the most frequently detected among nematodes (9%). Excretion of Heterakis sp., Ascaridia sp...
- SERVICEJames Bassingthwaighte; Fiscal Year: 2002..These include 2 PO1's and 5 RO1's, 1 R37 and 3 foreign-funded projects with 10 cardiovascular projects, 1 pulmonary projects, and 2 projects related to other organs and to cancer. ..
- Modeling for Heart, Lung, and Blood: From Cell to OrganJames Bassingthwaighte; Fiscal Year: 2007..The result should enhance our nation's capabilities in quantitative research analysis and improve our competitiveness in the advancement of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques. ..