Summary: A genus of RED ALGAE in the family Gracilariaceae. It is a highly commercial SEAWEED and a source of AGAR.
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of season on the yield and quality of agar from Gracilaria species (Gracilariaceae, Rhodophyta)E Marinho-Soriano
Departamento de Oceanografia e Limnologia, Laboratorio de Macroalgas, UFRN, Praia de Mãe Luiza s n 59014 100, RN, Natal, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 90:329-33. 2003..In general, agar extracted from G. gracilis possessed better qualities than agar extracted from G. bursa-pastoris and can be considered a candidate for industrial use...
- Purification of a lectin from the marine red alga Gracilaria ornata and its effect on the development of the cowpea weevil Callosobruchus maculatus (Coleoptera: Bruchidae)Yáskara Fabíola Monteiro Marques Leite
Universidade Estadual do Rio Grande do Norte, Mossoró, RN, Brasil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1724:137-45. 2005A lectin from the marine red alga Gracilaria ornata (Gracilariaceae, Rodophyta) was purified and characterized. The purification procedure consisted of extracting soluble proteins in 0.025 M Tris-HCl buffer, pH 7...
- Potential effects of the invasive species Gracilaria vermiculophylla on Zostera marina metabolism and survivalJohann Martínez-Lüscher
Institute of Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Campusvej 55, Odense M, Denmark
Mar Environ Res 69:345-9. 2010The potential threat to seagrasses of the invasive algae, Gracilaria vermiculophylla was assessed through metabolic indicators under experimental conditions...
- Aqueous extracts of the edible Gracilaria tenuistipitata are protective against H₂O₂-induced DNA damage, growth inhibition, and cell cycle arrestJing Iong Yang
Department of Seafood Science, National Kaohsiung Marine University, Kaohsiung 811, Taiwan
Molecules 17:7241-54. 2012Potential antioxidant properties of an aqueous extract of the edible red seaweed Gracilaria tenuistipitata (AEGT) against oxidative DNA damage were evaluated...
- Antiproliferation and induction of apoptosis in Ca9-22 oral cancer cells by ethanolic extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitataChi Chen Yeh
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan
Molecules 17:10916-27. 2012The water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata have been found to be protective against oxidative stress-induced cellular DNA damage, but the biological function of the ethanolic extracts of G. tenuistipitata (EEGT) is still unknown...
- Anti-proliferative effect of methanolic extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata on oral cancer cells involves apoptosis, DNA damage, and oxidative stressChi Chen Yeh
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:142. 2012Methanolic extracts of Gracilaria tenuistipitata (MEGT) were obtained from the edible red algae. Previously, we found that water extract of G...
- In vitro antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of two Hawaiian marine Limu: Ulva fasciata (Chlorophyta) and Gracilaria salicornia (Rhodophyta)Kannappan Vijayavel
Kewalo Marine Laboratory, Pacific Biosciences Research Center, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
J Med Food 13:1494-9. 2010The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties of two Hawaiian marine algae (Ulva fasciata and Gracilaria salicornia) were evaluated...
- Antioxidant potential of two red seaweeds from the Brazilian coastsBartolomeu W S Souza
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre of Biological Engineering, Universidade do Minho, Braga, Portugal
J Agric Food Chem 59:5589-94. 2011In this work, in vitro antioxidant activity of two Brazilian red seaweeds, Gracilaria birdiae and Gracilaria cornea, was characterized...
- White shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei that received the hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata showed protective innate immunity and up-regulation of gene expressions after low-salinity stressSu Tuen Yeh
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 28:887-94. 2010..Litopenaeus vannamei which had been immersed in seawater (35 per thousand) containing the hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata at 0 (control), 200, 400, and 600 mg L(-1) for 3 h, were subjected to a salinity transfer to 25 ..
- Two enone fatty acids isolated from Gracilaria verrucosa suppress the production of inflammatory mediators by down-regulating NF-kappaB and STAT1 activity in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW 264.7 cellsHye Ja Lee
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Jeju National University, Jeju, 690 756, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 32:453-62. 2009b>Gracilaria verrucosa is a common marine red alga that has anti-oxidant and anti-cancer properties. Recently, we reported that anti-inflammatory constituents of G. verrucosa operate through an unknown mechanism...
- Seasonal variation in the chemical composition of two tropical seaweedsE Marinho-Soriano
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Depto de Oceanografia e Limnologia, Via Costeira, Praia de Mãe Luiza, s n Natal, 59014 100 RN, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 97:2402-6. 2006The chemical composition of red seaweed Gracilaria cervicornis and brown seaweed Sargassum vulgare from Brazil was investigated...
- Comparative analysis of the complete plastid genome sequence of the red alga Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui provides insights into the evolution of rhodoplasts and their relationship to other plastidsJonathan C Hagopian
Departamento de Botanica, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Mol Evol 59:464-77. 2004We sequenced to completion the circular plastid genome of the red alga Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui. This is the first plastid genome sequence from the subclass Florideophycidae (Rhodophyta)...
- Effects of UVB radiation on the agarophyte Gracilaria domingensis (Rhodophyta, Gracilariales): changes in cell organization, growth and photosynthetic performanceEder C Schmidt
Post Graduate Program in Cell Biology and Development, Department of Cell Biology, Embryology and Genetics, Federal University of Santa Catarina 88049 900, CP 476, SC Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
Micron 41:919-30. 2010The effects of ultraviolet radiation-B (UVBR) in apical segments of the red macroalgae Gracilaria domingensis (Kützing) Sonder ex Dickie were examined in vitro...
- Mating system and gene flow in the red seaweed Gracilaria gracilis: effect of haploid-diploid life history and intertidal rocky shore landscape on fine-scale genetic structureC R Engel
Laboratoire de Genetique et Evolution des Populations Vegetales, CNRS UPRESA 8016, Bat SN2, Universite de Lille I, Villeneuve d Ascq 59655, France
Heredity (Edinb) 92:289-98. 2004..of haploid-diploidy and the intertidal landscape on a fine-scale genetic structure was explored in a red seaweed Gracilaria gracilis...
- The involvement of the HO-1 pathway in the anti-inflammatory action of a sulfated polysaccharide isolated from the red seaweed Gracilaria birdiaeEdfranck de Sousa Oliveira Vanderlei
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Federal University of Ceara, Campus do Pici, bloco 907, Fortaleza, CE, 60455 760, Brazil
Inflamm Res 60:1121-30. 2011The aim of this study was to investigate the involvement of the hemoxigenase-1 (HO-1) pathway in the anti-inflammatory action of a sulfated polysaccharide from the red seaweed Gracilaria birdiae (SP-Gb).
- Dietary administration of a Gracilaria tenuistipitata extract enhances the immune response and resistance against Vibrio alginolyticus and white spot syndrome virus in the white shrimp Litopenaeus vannameiNuttarin Sirirustananun
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 31:848-55. 2011..were examined after the white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei had been fed diets containing the hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata at 0 (control), 0.5, 1.0, and 2.0 g kg(-1) for 7-35 days...
- Profiling the transcriptome of Gracilaria changii (Rhodophyta) in response to light deprivationChai Ling Ho
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 11:513-9. 2009..In this study, we profiled the transcriptome of Gracilaria changii at two different irradiance levels using a cDNA microarray containing more than 3,000 cDNA probes...
- Chemical compositions of the marine algae Gracilaria salicornia (Rhodophyta) and Ulva lactuca (Chlorophyta) as a potential food sourceMehdi Tabarsa
Department of Fisheries, Tarbiat Modares University, Noor, Mazandaran, Iran
J Sci Food Agric 92:2500-6. 2012The nutritional compositions of two edible red (Gracilaria salicornia) and green (Ulva lactuca) seaweeds were determined to evaluate their possible uses as potential food ingredients.
- White shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei that received the hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata showed earlier recovery in immunity after a Vibrio alginolyticus injectionSu Tuen Yeh
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 26:724-30. 2009White shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei which had been immersed in seawater containing the hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata at 0 (control), 200, 400, and 600 mg L(-1) for 3 h, were challenged with Vibrio alginolyticus at 4...
- Aqueous extract of the edible Gracilaria tenuistipitata inhibits hepatitis C viral replication via cyclooxygenase-2 suppression and reduces virus-induced inflammationKuan Jen Chen
Department of Biotechnology, College of Life Science, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e57704. 2013..vitro cell-based HCV replicon and JFH-1 infection system, we demonstrated that an aqueous extract of the seaweed Gracilaria tenuistipitata (AEGT) concentration-dependently inhibited HCV replication at nontoxic concentrations...
- Anti-inflammatory constituents of the red alga Gracilaria verrucosa and their synthetic analoguesHung The Dang
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan, Korea
J Nat Prod 71:232-40. 2008A chemical study on the anti-inflammatory components of the red alga Gracilaria verrucosa led to the isolation of new 11-deoxyprostaglandins ( 1- 4), a ceramide ( 5), and a C 16 keto fatty acid ( 6), along with known oxygenated fatty ..
- An immersion of Gracilaria tenuistipitata extract improves the immunity and survival of white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei challenged with white spot syndrome virusYong Chin Lin
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 31:1239-46. 2011..and resistance against white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) in white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei which received the Gracilaria tenuistipitata extract were examined...
- Antiinflammatory and antinociceptive effects in mice of a sulfated polysaccharide fraction extracted from the marine red algae Gracilaria caudataLuciano de Sousa Chaves
Biotechnology and Biodiversity Center Research, Laboratory of Experimental Physiopharmacology, Federal University of Piauí CMRV, Parnaiba, PI, Brazil
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 35:93-100. 2013..and antinociceptive effects in mice of a sulfated polysaccharide fraction (PLS) extracted from the algae Gracilaria caudata...
- Different regulation of haloperoxidation during agar oligosaccharide-activated defence mechanisms in two related red algae, Gracilaria sp. and Gracilaria chilensisFlorian Weinberger
Station Biologique, UMR 7139 CNRS UPMC and LIA DIAMS, BP74, F 29682 Roscoff, France
J Exp Bot 58:4365-72. 2007The related red seaweeds Gracilaria sp. from the eastern Mediterranean and Gracilaria chilensis from Chile were similar in their enzymatic inventory for halogenation...
- Stability of agar in the seaweed Gracilaria eucheumatoides (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta) during postharvest storageJumelita B Romero
Mindanao State University Tawi Tawi, Sanga Sanga, Bongao, 7500 Tawi Tawi, Philippines
Bioresour Technol 99:8151-5. 2008The status of the cell-wall polysaccharide of the red seaweed, Gracilaria eucheumatoides upon postharvest storage was assessed in this study...
- Effects of copper and cadmium on growth, photosynthesis, and pigment content in Gracilaria lemaneiformisJ R Xia
Marine Biology Institute, Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong 515063, People s Republic of China
Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 73:979-86. 2004
- Sulfated-polysaccharide fraction from red algae Gracilaria caudata protects mice gut against ethanol-induced damageRenan Oliveira Silva
LAFFEX Laboratory of Experimental Physiopharmacology, Biotechnology and Biodiversity Center Research, Federal University of Piauí CMRV, Parnaiba, PI, Brazil
Mar Drugs 9:2188-200. 2011..the gastroprotective activity of a sulfated-polysaccharide (PLS) fraction extracted from the marine red algae Gracilaria caudata and the mechanism underlying the gastroprotective activity...
- Polysaccharides from the red seaweed Gracilaria dura (Gracilariales, Rhodophyta)E Marinho-Soriano
Departamento de Oceanografia e Limnologia, Laboratorio de Macroalgas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Centro de Biociencias, Praia de Mãe Luiza s n 59014 100, Natal, RN, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 96:379-82. 2005The yield and physical and chemical properties of agars from Gracilaria dura (C. Agardh) J. Agardh, harvested in Thau lagoon (Mediterranean sea, France), were investigated. The agar yield ranged from 32% to 35%...
- The immunostimulatory effect of hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata on the white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei and its resistance against Vibrio alginolyticusWen Ying Hou
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life and Resource Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 19:127-38. 2005..3+/-1.5 g) injected individually with hot-water extract of Gracilaria tenuistipitata at 4 or 6 microg g-1. L. vannamei receiving hot-water extract of G...
- Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory activities of sulphated polysaccharides from the red seaweed Gracilaria corneaChistiane O Coura
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 110:335-41. 2012..In this study, we evaluated the effects of SP from the red seaweed Gracilaria cornea (Gc-TSP) in nociceptive and inflammatory models...
- Agars from three species of Gracilaria (Rhodophyta) from Yucatán PeninsulaY Freile-Pelegrin
Department of Marine Resources, Cinvestav Unidad Merida, A P 73 Cordemex, Merida, 97310 Yucatán, Mexico
Bioresour Technol 96:295-302. 2005b>Gracilaria cervicornis, Gracilaria blodgettii and Gracilaria crassissima growing along the coasts of Yucatán were investigated for their agar content. The effect of different concentrations of NaOH in the alkali treatment was evaluated...
- Polysaccharides from Gracilaria corticata: sulfation, chemical characterization and anti-HSV activitiesKausik Chattopadhyay
Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, The University of Burdwan, WB 713 104, India
Int J Biol Macromol 43:346-51. 2008In this study, we have analyzed water-extracted polysaccharides of Gracilaria corticata...
- Purification of a lectin from the marine red alga Gracilaria cornea and its effects on the cattle tick Boophilus microplus (Acari: Ixodidae)Maria E P Lima
Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza CE, Brazil
J Agric Food Chem 53:6414-9. 2005A lectin was purified from the seaweed Gracilaria cornea by hydrophobic interaction chromatography on phenyl-Sepharose CL-4B followed by affinity chromatography on immobilized mucin...
- Up-regulation of lipoxygenase, phospholipase, and oxylipin-production in the induced chemical defense of the red alga Gracilaria chilensis against epiphytesFlorian Weinberger
Station Biologique de Roscoff, UMR 7139 CNRS UPMC and LIA DIAMS, Roscoff, France
J Chem Ecol 37:677-86. 2011The red alga Gracilaria chilensis is commercially farmed for the production of agar hydrocolloids, but some susceptible algae in farms suffer from intense epiphyte growth. We investigated the induced chemical defense response of G...
- Development of an eco-friendly agar extraction technique from the red seaweed Gracilaria lemaneiformisHaiyan Li
Marine Bioproducts Engineering Group, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, China
Bioresour Technol 99:3301-5. 2008The red seaweed, Gracilaria lemaneiformis growing as an aquaculture bioremediator along the coasts of Liaodong Peninsula, China, was investigated for the agar production...
- Investigation of the role of a beta(1-4) agarase produced by Pseudoalteromonas gracilis B9 in eliciting disease symptoms in the red alga Gracilaria gracilisDeclan C Schroeder
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Microbiology 149:2919-29. 2003b>Gracilaria species are an important source of agar...
- Study of gelatin-agar intermolecular aggregates in the supernatant of its coacervateS Santinath Singh
Polymer and Biophysics Laboratory, School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110016, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 57:29-36. 2007..Solution ionic strength was found to reduce the axial ratio of these complexes implying the presence of screened polarization-induced electrostatic interaction between the two biopolymers...
- Identification of polycavernoside A as the causative agent of the fatal food poisoning resulting from ingestion of the red Alga Gracilaria edulis in the PhilippinesMari Yotsu-Yamashita
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, 1 1 Tsutsumidori Amamiyamachi, Aoba ku, Sendai 981 8555, Japan
Chem Res Toxicol 17:1265-71. 2004..fatal poisoning incidents occurred resulting from ingestion of two edible red alga, Acanthophora specifera and Gracilaria edulis, in Philippines causing eight deaths among 36 patients...
- Gracilarioside and gracilamides from the red alga Gracilaria asiaticaYi Sun
School of Traditional Chinese Materia Medica, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 69:1488-91. 2006..and two gracilamides with unusual cyclopropane-containing alkyl chains were isolated from the red alga Gracilaria asiatica. Their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods and microscale chemical degradation...
- Mercury in surface sediments and benthic organisms from Guaymas Bay, east coast of the Gulf of CaliforniaC Green-Ruiz
Institute of Marine Sciences and Limnology, Mazatlán Academic Unit, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Av Joel Montes Camarena s n, Col Centro, Mazatlan 82000, Sinaloa, Mexico
Environ Geochem Health 27:321-9. 2005..20 surface sediment samples and several individuals of Codium amplivesciculatum (3), Enteromorpha clathrata (4), Gracilaria subsecundata (2), Ulva lactuca (2), Chione subrugosa (80) and Crassostrea gigas (40) were collected and their Hg ..
- Natural and anthropogenic nitrogen uptake by bloom-forming macroalgaeCarol S Thornber
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI 02881, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 56:261-9. 2008..surveys and laboratory culturing experiments to examine the nitrogen content and delta(15)N values of Ulva and Gracilaria, two bloom-forming algal genera in Narragansett Bay, RI (USA)...
- Chlorinated C12 fatty acid metabolites from the red alga Gracilaria verrucosaMohammad Shoeb
Marine Natural Products Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, University of Aberdeen, Old Aberdeen AB 24 3UE, U K
J Nat Prod 66:1509-11. 2003..3-nonyloxirane-2 carboxylic acid methyl ester (1), 2-chlorododec-2-en-1-ol (2), and 2-chlorododec-2,11-dien-1-ol (3), were isolated from the red alga Gracilaria verrucosa, and their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods.
- Bioavailability of seaweed iodine in human beingsRobert Aquaron
Universite de la Mediterranee, Faculte de Medecine, Laboratoire de Biochimie, Marseille, France
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 48:563-9. 2002..report the results of the iodine bioavailability in healthy subjects from two seaweeds: Laminaria hyperborea and Gracilaria verrucosa selected due to their high level in iodine as a mineral or an organic form and low levels of heavy ..
- Antioxidant activities of four edible seaweeds from the southern coast of ThailandMonsuang Yangthong
Department of Aquatic Science, Faculty of Natural Resources, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Plant Foods Hum Nutr 64:218-23. 2009The aqueous extracts of four marine algae, Caulerpa racemosa var. macrophysa, Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. tenuistipitata, Sargassum sp...
- Effects of initial air removal methods on microorganisms and characteristics of fermented plant beveragesDuangporn Kantachote
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai 90112, Thailand
Pak J Biol Sci 11:173-80. 2008..for removing the initial air on the properties of fermented plant beverages produced from phom-nang seaweed (Gracilaria fisheri) and wild forest noni (Morinda coreia Ham.) were investigated...
- Succession of macrobenthic fauna and nitrogen budget at two artificial tidal flats in Osaka Bay, JapanSusumu Yamochi
Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Ecosystem Engineering, Department of Urban Engineering, Graduate School of Urban Engineering, Osaka City University, 3 3 138 Sugimoto, Sumiyoshi, Osaka, Japan
Mar Pollut Bull 57:137-41. 2008..However, it changed as a sink for nitrogen in 2001-2002 in relation to the growth of seaweeds (Ulva spp. and Gracilaria vermiculophylla) and clams (Tapes philippinarum)...
- Application of local products R-phycoerythrin and monoclonal antibody as a fluorescent antibody probe to detect Entamoeba histolytica trophozoitesN Thammapalerd
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 27:297-303. 1996R-phycoerythrin (R-PE) was extracted from red algae, Gracilaria fisheri from Pattani Province, Thailand, with 50 mM sodium phosphate buffer, pH 7...
- Comparative studies on utilizing nitrogen capacity between two macroalgae Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui (rhodophyta) and Ulva pertusa (chlorophyta). I. Nitrogen storage under nitrogen enrichment and starvationJ W Liu
Aquaculture Research Laboratory, Ocean University of Qingdao, Qingdao 266003, China
J Environ Sci (China) 13:318-22. 2001This paper deals with the N storage of Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui and Ulva pertusa under ammonium enrichment and starvation...
- Molecular characterization of two large DNA plasmids in the red alga Porphyra pulchraD A Moon
Biology Department, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95064, USA
Curr Genet 32:132-8. 1997..ORF3 or PP6427 and a 411 amino-acid polypeptide previously characterized in plasmid GC2 from the red alga Gracilaria chilensis...
- delta(15)N and delta(13)C in the Mondego estuary food web: seasonal variation in producers and consumersAlexandra Baeta
IMAR Institute of Marine Research, Department of Zoology, University of Coimbra, 3004 517 Coimbra, Portugal
Mar Environ Res 67:109-16. 2009..Nitrogen isotope ratios in macrophytes (Zostera noltii, Ulva sp., Enteromorpha sp., and Gracilaria sp...
- Affinity for inorganic carbon of Gracilaria tenuistipitata cultured at low and high irradianceJ M Mercado
Department of Ecology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Malaga, Spain
Planta 210:758-64. 2000..level of the mechanism for dissolved inorganic carbon (DIC) acquisition was examined in the red macroalga Gracilaria tenuistipitata Zhang et Xia. For this purpose, affinity for external DIC, carbonic anhydrase (CA; EC 4.2.1...
- The occurrence of 15-keto-prostaglandins in the red alga Gracilaria verrucosaThe Hung Dang
College of Pharmacy, Pusan National University, Busan, 609 735, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 33:1325-9. 2010New 15-keto-prostaglandins (1-4) were isolated from the MeOH extract of the red alga, Gracilaria verrucosa...
- Identification of eicosanoids in the red algae, Gracilaria asiatica, using high-performance liquid chromatography and electrospray ionization mass spectrometryJ Sajiki
Public Health Laboratory of Chiba Prefecture, Japan
J Chromatogr A 795:227-37. 1998Identification of eicosanoids which are metabolites of arachidonic acid in red algae Gracilaria asiatica, one of the popular seaweeds in Japan, was carried out using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) interfaced with ..
- Comparative studies on utilizing nitrogen capacity between two macroalgae Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui (rhodophyta) and Ulva pertusa (chlorophyta). II. Feedback controls of intracellular nitrogen pools on nitrogen uptakeJ W Liu
Aquaculture Research Laboratory, Ocean University of Qingdao, Qingdao 266003, China
J Environ Sci (China) 13:323-7. 2001The potential feedback by intracellular nitrogen pools on maximum N uptake (NH4+) rate were determined for Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui and Ulva pertusa...
- Cell wall composition affects Cd2+ accumulation and intracellular thiol peptides in marine red algaeVirginia García-Ríos
Departamento de Recursos del Mar, CINVESTAV IPN, Unidad Merida, Apdo Postal 73 Cordemex, Merida, Yucatan 97310, Mexico
Aquat Toxicol 81:65-72. 2007Two red macroalgae species, Gracilaria cornea and Chondrophycus poiteaui, were evaluated for their intra and extracellular Cd2+ accumulation capacity, photosynthetic response and thiol peptide production...
- Biological denitrification in drinking water treatment using the seaweed Gracilaria verrucosa as carbon source and biofilm carrierB Ovez
Ege University, Engineering Faculty, Chemical Engineering Department, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Water Environ Res 78:430-4. 2006..aspects were investigated with regard to biological denitrification of drinking water using the seaweed Gracilaria verrucosa as the carbon and energy substrate and as physical support for the microbial flora in semibatch, fixed-..
- Aplysiatoxin and debromoaplysiatoxin as the causative agents of a red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoning in HawaiiH Nagai
Department of Pathology, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu 96822, USA
Toxicon 34:753-61. 1996The causative toxins of a red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisonings in Hawaii, which broke out in succession in September of 1994, were studied...
- Neuroprotective effect of seaweeds inhabiting South Indian coastal area (Hare Island, Gulf of Mannar Marine Biosphere Reserve): Cholinesterase inhibitory effect of Hypnea valentiae and Ulva reticulataN Suganthy
Department of Biotechnology, Alagappa University, Karaikudi 630003, Tamil Nadu, India
Neurosci Lett 468:216-9. 2010..The results showed that of the eight seaweeds screened Hypnea valentiae, Padina gymnospora, Ulva reticulata and Gracilaria edulis exhibited inhibitory activity to AChE with IC(50) value of 2.6, 3.5, 10 and 3mg/ml respectively, while H...
- In vitro anti-influenza virus activities of sulfated polysaccharide fractions from Gracilaria lemaneiformisMei Zhen Chen
Department of Biology of Shantou University, Shantou, 515063, China
Virol Sin 25:341-51. 2010In this paper, in vitro anti-influenza virus activities of sulfated polysaccharide fractions from Gracilaria lemaneiformis were investigated...
- A natural anti-inflammatory enone fatty acid inhibits angiogenesis by attenuating nuclear factor-κB signaling in vascular endothelial cellsAyana Furuno
Department of Pharmaceutical Oncology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Int J Oncol 38:493-501. 2011..anti-inflammatory enone fatty acid, (E)-9-oxooctadec-10-enoic acid (C10), was previously isolated from red alga (Gracilaria verrucosa)...
- Apoptotic activity of fatty acid derivatives may correlate with their inhibition of DNA replicationChunhui Miao
Department of Biomedicinal Chemistry and Institute of Functional Materials, Inje University, Gimhae 621 749, Korea
Int J Oncol 33:1291-8. 2008..acid (S5C) and (E)-9-oxooctadec-10-enoic acid (S6C), two structurally related fatty acids isolated from Red Alga Gracilaria verrucosa, were compared and their apoptosis-inducing properties characterized against human lung carcinoma (..
- Antioxidant properties of methanol extract and its solvent fractions obtained from selected Indian red seaweedsP Ganesan
Department of Meat, Fish and Poultry Technology, Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysore 570 020, Karnataka, India
Bioresour Technol 99:2717-23. 2008In vitro antioxidant activities of three selected Indian red seaweeds - viz., Euchema kappaphycus, Gracilaria edulis and Acanthophora spicifera were evaluated...
- Induction of oxidative stress in the red macroalga Gracilaria tenuistipitata by pollutant metalsJ Collen
Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP 26077, CEP 05599 970, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 45:337-42. 2003..concentrations of copper (Cu2+) and cadmium (Cd2+) on the reactive oxygen metabolism of the marine red macroalga Gracilaria tenuistipitata. Additions of either 0...
- Agar polysaccharides from Gracilaria species (Rhodophyta, Gracilariaceae)E Marinho-Soriano
Departamento de Oceanografia e Limnologia, Laboratorio de Macroalgas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Via Costeira, Praia de Mãe Luiza s n, 59014 100, NatalRN, Brazil
J Biotechnol 89:81-4. 2001Yield, physical and chemical properties of agar from three agarophytes species (Gracilaria gracilis, G. dura and G. bursa-pastoris) were determined. The agar yield from the three species varied significantly (P<0.01)...
- Seasonal variation in the biomass and agar yield from Gracilaria cervicornis and Hydropuntia cornea from BrazilE Marinho-Soriano
Departamento de Oceanografia e Limnologia, UFRN Laboratório de Macroalgas, Via Costeira, Praia de Mãe Luiza, S N, Natal RN 59014 100, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 77:115-20. 2001..001). Agar yield from H. cornea ranged from 29% to 41%, with a peak recorded in June. The results above indicate that H. cornea can be considered a good candidate for commercial use...
- Manauealides, some of the causative agents of a red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoning in HawaiiH Nagai
Suntory Institute for Bioorganic Research, Osaka, Japan
J Nat Prod 60:925-8. 1997..A-C (1-3), compounds related to debromoaplysiatoxin (5), were isolated and characterized from a red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia. Compounds 1 and 2 are presumed to be the causative toxins of G...
- Bleeding from the small intestine caused by aplysiatoxin, the causative agent of the red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoningE Ito
Research Center for Pathogenic Fungi and Microbial Toxicoses, Chiba University, Japan
Toxicon 38:123-32. 2000..Then, in the small intestine, similar changes appeared to have occurred, and bleeding was induced in two characteristic ways, one through deposition of fibrin in the lumen and the other via distension of the capillary wall...
- Fragmentation of mycosporine-like amino acids by hydrogen/deuterium exchange and electrospray ionisation tandem mass spectrometryKarina H M Cardozo
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Instituto de Quimica, Departamento de Bioquimica, Av Professor Lineu Prestes, 748 CP 20780, CEP 05508900, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:253-8. 2006..for characterisation of four MAAs (palythine, asterina, palythinol and shinorine) isolated from the macroalgae Gracilaria tenuistipitata Chang et Xia was investigated...
- Structural-functional analysis of the oligomeric protein R-phycoerythrinJose Martinez-Oyanedel
Laboratorio de Biofísica Molecular, Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Concepcion, Chile
Biol Res 37:733-45. 2004..Changes in the spectroscopic properties are observed in perturbation experiments, confirming the spatial requirement for an efficient resonance energy transfer among chromophores and through the phycobilisome...
- [Inositol-containing sphingolipid from red algae Gracilaria verrucosa]S V Khotimchenko
Institute of Marine Biology, Far East Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Pal chevskogo 17, Vladivostok, 690041 Russia
Bioorg Khim 30:190-4. 2004An unusual polar lipid was isolated from the red alga Gracilaria verrucosa. Inositol, sphingosine bases, fatty acids, and phosphate were identified by GC and GC-MS analysis among the products of its acid methanolysis...
- The application of "double isolation" in Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance sustained off-resonance irradiation collisionally-induced dissociation tandem mass spectrometry to remove labile isobaric impuritiesPaul J Gates
School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Cantock s Close, Bristol, BS8 1TS, United Kingdom
Eur J Mass Spectrom (Chichester, Eng) 17:481-4. 2011..1620 isobaric impurity and is not related to asterina-330. This application represents a powerful tool to remove unwanted ions in the MS/MS spectrum that result from fragmentation of isobaric ions...
- The plastid genome of the red macroalga Grateloupia taiwanensis (Halymeniaceae)Michael S Depriest
Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e68246. 2013..taiwanensis. The plastid genomes from G. taiwanensis and another florideophyte, Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui, are very similar in sequence and share significant synteny...
- Molecular cloning, homology modeling and site-directed mutagenesis of vanadium-dependent bromoperoxidase (GcVBPO1) from Gracilaria changii (Rhodophyta)H Baharum
Faculty of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Phytochemistry 92:49-59. 2013....
- Biomethanation potential of macroalgae Ulva spp. and Gracilaria spp. and in co-digestion with waste activated sludgeJ C Costa
IBB Institute for Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Centre of Biological Engineering, Universidade do Minho, 4710 057 Braga, Portugal
Bioresour Technol 114:320-6. 2012Biochemical methane potential of four species of Ulva and Gracilaria genus was assessed in batch assays at mesophilic temperature. The results indicate a higher specific methane production (per volatile solids) for one of the Ulva sp...
- Life history and aging of captive-reared California sea hares (Aplysia californica)Robert Gerdes
Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries, National Resource for Aplysia, University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, FL, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:40-7. 2006..The feeding protocol for 3 cohorts was unrestricted access to the red macroalga Gracilaria ferox, whereas the remaining cohort was fed standard hatchery rations of G. ferox 4 times per week...
- Phospholipases and galactolipases trigger oxylipin-mediated wound-activated defence in the red alga Gracilaria chilensis against epiphytesUlrich Lion
Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology, Hans Knoll Strasse 8, 07745 Jena, Germany
Chembiochem 7:457-62. 2006We investigated the wound response of the commercially important red alga, Gracilaria chilensis, in order to obtain insight into its interaction with epiphytic pests...
- High-performance liquid chromatographic method to evaluate the hydrogen atom transfer during reaction between 1,1-diphenyl-2-picryl-hydrazyl radical and antioxidantsAriane Boudier
CITHEFOR EA 3452, Faculte de Pharmacie, Nancy Universite, Nancy, France
Anal Chim Acta 711:97-106. 2012....
- Evaluation of macroalgae sulfated polysaccharides on the Leishmania (L.) amazonensis promastigoteCamila Lehnhardt Pires
Vicente Unit, State University of São Paulo Júlio Mesquita Filho, UNESP, Praça Infante Dom Henrique, S N, São Vicente 11330 900, SP, Brazil
Mar Drugs 11:934-43. 2013..polysaccharides from Solieria filiformis (Sf), Botryocladia occidentalis (Bo), Caulerpa racemosa (Cr) and Gracilaria caudata (Gc) were extracted and extensively purified...
- In vitro antiplasmodial activity of methanolic extracts from seaweeds of South West Coast of IndiaS Ravikumar
School of Marine Sciences, Department of Oceanography and coastal area studies, Alagappa University, Thondi Campus, Thondi 623 409, Ramanathapuram District, Tamil Nadu, India
Asian Pac J Trop Med 4:862-5. 2011..To identify the in vitro antiplasmodial activity of seaweed plants against Plasmodium falciparumstrains...
- Williopsis californica, Williopsis saturnus, and Pachysolen tannophilus: novel microorganisms for stereoselective oxidation of secondary alcoholsJ D Carballeira Rodríguez
Biotransformations Group, Department of Organic and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Biotechnol Bioeng 87:632-40. 2004..The three strains were immobilized by entrapment using agarose and agar from algae of the Gracilaria genus. The agarose derivatives displayed significant improvement in the stereospecificity of the reactions.
- Gene cloning, expression and activity analysis of manganese superoxide dismutase from two strains of Gracilaria lemaneiformis (Gracilariaceae, Rhodophyta) under heat stressNing Lu
Key Laboratory of Marine Genetics and Breeding, Ministry of Education, Ocean University of China, Qingdao 266003, China
Molecules 17:4522-32. 2012..To determine whether Mn-SOD affects heat resistance of Gracilaria lemaneiformis, we cloned Mn-SOD cDNA sequences of two strains of this red alga, wild type and cultivar 981...
- Bioethanol production from Gracilaria verrucosa, a red alga, in a biorefinery approachSavindra Kumar
Marine Biotechnology Laboratory, Department of Botany, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Bioresour Technol 135:150-6. 2013In this study, Gracilaria verrucosa, red seaweed has been used for production of agar and bioethanol. The algae harvested at various time durations resulted in extraction of ~27-33% agar...
- [Ecological characteristics of different Pseudosciaena crocea culture models]Guang Ming Lu
Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Applied Marine Biotechnology, Faculty of Life Science and Biotechnology, Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, Zhejiang, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 22:1325-31. 2011..crocea (F) and polyculture P. crocea with seaweed Gracilaria lichevoides (FG), benthos Perinereis aibuhitensis (FP), and G. lichevoides plus P...
- [Effects of Ulva pertusa and Gracilaria lemaneiformis on growth of Heterosigma akashiwo (Raphidophyceae) in co-culture]You Wang
Key Laboratory of Marine Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao 266071, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 27:246-52. 2006..effects of fresh tissue and culture medium filtrate of two species of macroalgae, Ulva pertusa (Chlorophyta) and Gracilaria lemaneiformis (Rhodophyta) on growth of Heterosigma akashiwo (Raphidophyceae) in co-culture. Both U...
- Identification of a cyclooxygenase gene from the red alga Gracilaria vermiculophylla and bioconversion of arachidonic acid to PGF(2α) in engineered Escherichia coliHirosuke Kanamoto
Laboratory of Plant Gene Technology, Research Institute for Bioresources and Biotechnology, Ishikawa Prefectural University, Nonoichi machi, Ishikawa 921 8836, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 91:1121-9. 2011..7 mg l(-1) PGF(2α). The cyclooxygenase gene cloned from the red alga Gracilaria vermiculophylla appears to be fully functional without any eukaryotic modifications in E. coli...
- Cloning and characterization of β-agarase AgaYT from Flammeovirga yaeyamensis strain YTJing Iong Yang
Department of Seafood Science, National Kaohsiung Marine University, No 142 Hai chuan Rd, Nan Tzu, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Biosci Bioeng 112:225-32. 2011A bacterium with potent agar-degrading capability was isolated from the surface of a red algae, Gracilaria tenuistipitata...
- In vitro assay and light regulation of nitrate reductase in red alga Gracilaria chilensisFungyi Chow
Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, CP, CEP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Plant Physiol 161:769-76. 2004Nitrate reductase (NR) is the first enzyme in the nitrogen assimilation pathway. The in vitro NR activity of Gracilaria chilensis was assayed under different conditions to reveal its stability and biochemical characteristics, and an ..
- Identification of novel oxidized levuglandin D2 in marine red alga and mouse tissueYoshikazu Kanai
Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Tohoku University, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
J Lipid Res 52:2245-54. 2011..Here, we isolated a novel oxidized LGD(2) (ox-LGD(2)) from the red alga Gracilaria edulis and determined its planar structure...
- NH4+ enrichment and UV radiation interact to affect the photosynthesis and nitrogen uptake of Gracilaria lemaneiformis (Rhodophyta)Zhiguang Xu
State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen, Fujian 361005, China
Mar Pollut Bull 64:99-105. 2012..Here, we show that UV-B (280-315 nm) significantly reduced the net photosynthetic rate of Gracilaria lemaneiformis...
- Identification and characterization of a novel legume-like lectin cDNA sequence from the red marine algae Gracilaria fisheriSukanya Suttisrisung
Center of Excellence for Shrimp Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Biosci 36:833-43. 2011A legume-type lectin (L-Lectin) gene of the red algae Gracilaria fisheri (GFL) was cloned by rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE)...
- Linking biokinetics and consumer-resource dynamics of zinc accumulation in pond abalone Haliotis diversicolor supertextaChung Min Liao
Department of Bioenvironmental Systems Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, ROC
Water Res 36:5102-12. 2002..parameters used in this study, uptake and depuration rate constants of abalone and their food source, red alga Gracilaria tenuistipitata var. liui, were obtained from a laboratory 14-d exposure experiment...
- Response of prostaglandin content in the red alga Gracilaria verrucosa to season and solar irradianceA B Imbs
Institute of Marine Biology, Far East Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, 690041 Vladivostok, Russia
Phytochemistry 58:1067-72. 2001..of solar irradiance and seasons on prostaglandin (PG) and arachidonic acid (AA) content in the marine red alga Gracilaria verrucosa (Huds.) Papenf. (unattached form) was investigated...
- Genetic variation in wild and cultivated populations of the haploid-diploid red alga Gracilaria chilensis: how farming practices favor asexual reproduction and heterozygosityMarie Laure Guillemin
Instituto de Ecologia y Evolucion, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Casilla 567, Valdivia, Chile
Evolution 62:1500-19. 2008..diversity and life-history traits associated with farming was investigated in the haploid-diploid red alga, Gracilaria chilensis, cultivated in Chile...
- Morphological observations of diarrhea in mice caused by aplysiatoxin, the causative agent of the red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoning in HawaiiE Ito
Research Center for Pathogenic Fungi and Microbial Toxicoses, Chiba University, Japan
Toxicon 36:1913-20. 1998Diarrhea caused by the red alga Gracilaria coronopifolia poisoning was investigated in mice. The target site of a lethal dose was the whole small intestine where the toxin caused bleeding, resulting in hemorrhagic shock...
- Routine DNA barcoding of Canadian Gracilariales (Rhodophyta) reveals the invasive species Gracilaria vermiculophylla in British ColumbiaGary W Saunders
Centre for Environmental and Molecular Algal Research, Department of Biology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB, Canada E3B 5A3
Mol Ecol Resour 9:140-50. 2009..of an extensive DNA-based floristic survey of marine macroalgae in Canadian waters, an unexpected sequence for a Gracilaria sp. was generated from British Columbia...
- Use of FTIR, FT-Raman and 13C-NMR spectroscopy for identification of some seaweed phycocolloidsLeonel Pereira
Laboratório de M E e Ficologia, Departamento de Botanica, Universidade de Coimbra, 3000 Coimbra, Portugal
Biomol Eng 20:223-8. 2003..stellatus, Chondrus crispus, Calliblepharis jubata, Chondracanthus acicularis, Chondracanthus teedei and Gracilaria gracilis), were recorded in order to identify the type of phycocolloid produced...
- Preliminary isolation and in vitro antiyeast activity of active fraction from crude extract of Gracilaria changiiSreenivasan Sasidharan
School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Indian J Pharmacol 40:227-9. 2008To isolate the active fraction from crude extract of Gracilaria changii and to determine its in vitro antifungal activity.
- Effect of soda ash industry effluent on bioaccumulation of metals by seaweeds of coastal region of Gujarat, IndiaR N Jadeja
Central Salt and Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar 364002, Gujarat, India
J Hazard Mater 147:148-54. 2007..Cr was recorded in Gracillaria acerosa from control site only. Accumulation of Cu in Gracilaria corticata was maximum near effluent discharge point and least at control, whereas its accumulation in P...
- Characterization of Microbulbifer strain CMC-5, a new biochemical variant of Microbulbifer elongatus type strain DSM6810T isolated from decomposing seaweedsRaviChand Jonnadula
Department of Biotechnology, Goa University, Goa, India
Curr Microbiol 59:600-7. 2009..of bacterial strain CMC-5 was observed when inoculated in seawater-based medium containing sterile pieces of Gracilaria corticata thalli...
- Antibacterial activity of ethanol extracts of seaweeds against fish bacterial pathogensK Kolanjinathan
Department of Zoology, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, India
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:173-7. 2009Crude extracts were prepared using the solvent ethanol from the seaweeds viz., Gracilaria edulis, Calorpha peltada and Hydroclothres sp. and screening for their antibacterial activity against six bacterial pathogens were also carried out...
- Evaluation of Gracilaria caudata J. Agardh for bioremediation of nutrients from shrimp farming wastewaterE Marinho-Soriano
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Depto de Oceanografia e Limnologia, Via Costeira, Praia de Mãe Luiza, S N, Natal 59014 100, RN, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 100:6192-8. 2009..This study examined in situ (shrimp pond), the growth and storage of nitrogen and phosphorous from the macroalga Gracilaria caudata...
- National Resources for AplysiaPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2006..to provide consistently high-quality cultured sea hares Aplysia californica (and their cultured red algal food, Gracilaria sp.) to NIH-sponsored researchers...
- National Resources for AplysiaMICHAEL SCHMALE; Fiscal Year: 2007..to provide consistently high-quality cultured sea hares Aplysia californica (and their cultured red algal food, Gracilaria sp.) to NIH-sponsored researchers...
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 1999..to provide consistently high quality cultured sea hares aplysia californica (and their cultured red algae food Gracilaria sp.) To NIH sponsored researchers. A...
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2003..to provide consistently high quality cultured sea hares aplysia californica (and their cultured red algae food Gracilaria sp.) To NIH sponsored researchers. A...
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2002..to provide consistently high quality cultured sea hares aplysia californica (and their cultured red algae food Gracilaria sp.) To NIH sponsored researchers. A...
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2001
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2000
- NATIONAL RESOURCE FOR APLYSIAPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 1999
- National Resources for AplysiaPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2004..to provide consistently high-quality cultured sea hares Aplysia californica (and their cultured red algal food, Gracilaria sp.) to NIH-sponsored researchers...
- National Resources for AplysiaPatrick Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2005
- National Resources for AplysiaMICHAEL SCHMALE; Fiscal Year: 2006