Summary: An organophosphate cholinesterase inhibitor that is used as an insecticide. It has low mammalian toxicity. (From Merck Index, 11th ed)
- James P, Meade R, Powell D. Effect of insecticidal ear tags on populations of lice (Damalinia ovis) infesting sheep. Aust Vet J. 1989;66:134-7 pubmedPolymer matrix ear tags containing 13.7% w/w tetrachlorvinphos or 8.5% w/w cypermethrin were applied to Merino wethers infested with lice and carrying two months wool...
- Gromysz Kałkowska K, Szubartowska E. Toxicity of tetrachlorvinphos to Rana temporaria L. Comp Biochem Physiol C. 1993;105:285-90 pubmed..4. The relatively high susceptibility of frogs to intoxication with tetrachlorwinfos is probably the result of a high affinity of cholinesterase to this pesticide, because of the presence of the P = O bond in its molecule. ..
- Marçon P, Thomas G, Siegfried B, Campbell J. Susceptibility of stable flies (Diptera:Muscidae) from southeastern Nebraska beef cattle feedlots to selected insecticides and comparison of 3 bioassay techniques. J Econ Entomol. 1997;90:293-8 pubmed
- Berger J, Valdez S, Puschner B, Leutenegger C, Gardner I, Madigan J. Effects of oral tetrachlorvinphos fly control (Equitrol) administration in horses: physiological and behavioural findings. Vet Res Commun. 2008;32:75-92 pubmed..The organophosphorus (OP) insecticide tetrachlorvinphos (TCVP) is used as a feed-through larvicide to prevent completion of the fly larval life cycle in horse ..
- Groisman L, Rav Acha C, Gerstl Z, Mingelgrin U. Sorption and detoxification of toxic compounds by a bifunctional organoclay. J Environ Qual. 2004;33:1930-6 pubmed..for two organophosphate pesticides, methyl parathion [O,O-dimethyl O-(p-nitrophenyl) thionophosphate] and tetrachlorvinphos [2-chloro-1-(2,4,5-trichlorophenyl)ethenyl dimethyl phosphate], was demonstrated...
- Rassette M, Pierpont E, Wahl T, Berres M. Use of Beauveria bassiana to control northern fowl mites (Ornithonyssus sylviarum) on roosters in an agricultural research facility. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2011;50:910-5 pubmed..compared with water (30 mL, control), and Beauveria compared with the common topical organophosphate agent tetrachlorvinphos-dichlorvos (30 mL). We also assessed a higher dose of Beauveria (300 mL, 2...
- Myers C, Aleman M, Heidmann R, Wilson W, Madigan J. Myopathy in American miniature horses. Equine Vet J. 2006;38:272-6 pubmed
- Ortiz Hernández M, Quintero Ramírez R, Nava Ocampo A, Bello Ramírez A. Study of the mechanism of Flavobacterium sp. for hydrolyzing organophosphate pesticides. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2003;17:717-23 pubmed..of the following organophosphate pesticides was experimentally and theoretically studied: phorate, tetrachlorvinphos, methyl-parathion, terbufos, trichloronate, ethoprophos, phosphamidon, fenitrothion, dimethoate and DEF...
- Marçon P, Thomas G, Siegfried B, Campbell J, Skoda S. Resistance status of house flies (Diptera: Muscidae) from southeastern Nebraska beef cattle feedlots to selected insecticides. J Econ Entomol. 2003;96:1016-20 pubmed..Probable explanations for the resistance status of these house fly populations and implications for global feedlot fly management are discussed. ..
- Settimi L, Costellati L, Naldi M, Bersani G, Olanda S, Maiozzi P. Mortality among workers in an Italian cigarette factory. Occup Med (Lond). 1999;49:361-4 pubmed..1; CI = 2.2-21.0). Although based on small numbers, the excess of NHL here reported suggests that potential exposure to foliar residues of pesticides should be thoroughly considered in tobacco manufacturing. ..
- James P, Mitchell H, Cockrum K, Ancell P. Controlled release insecticide devices for protection of sheep against head strike caused by Lucilia cuprina. Vet Parasitol. 1994;52:113-28 pubmedThe effectiveness of polymer matrix tags containing (w/w) 8.5% cypermethrin, 7.5% flucythrinate, 13.7% tetrachlorvinphos or 20...
- Wang J, McCommas S, Syvanen M. Molecular cloning of a glutathione S-transferase overproduced in an insecticide-resistant strain of the housefly (Musca domestica). Mol Gen Genet. 1991;227:260-6 pubmed..domestica; (2) the natural variant Cornell-R overproduces excess transcript from two and probably more of these genes; and (3) the unstable mutation in Cornell-R influences the levels of multiple GSTs. ..
- Hogsette J, Prichard D, Ruff J. Economic effects of horn fly (Diptera: Muscidae) populations on beef cattle exposed to three pesticide treatment regimes. J Econ Entomol. 1991;84:1270-4 pubmed..Spray treatments providing the best fly control were Lintox-D and Ra-Vap. The most economical products for use were Del-Tox, Lintox-D, and Ra-Vap. ..
- Amer S, Aly F. Cytogenetic effects of pesticides. IV. Cytogenetic effects of the insecticides Gardona and Dursban. Mutat Res. 1992;279:165-70 pubmed..2 +/- 0.19/cell and 7.6 +/- 0.15/cell in the solvent control. The presented results indicate that both Gardona and Dursban in the tested concentrations are mutagenic in mouse spleen cell cultures. ..
- Kaufman P, Strong C, Rutz D. Susceptibility of lesser mealworm (Coleoptera: Tenebrionidae) adults and larvae exposed to two commercial insecticides on unpainted plywood panels. Pest Manag Sci. 2008;64:108-11 pubmed..mealworms, Alphitobius diaperinus (Panzer), to two commercially formulated insecticides, cyfluthrin and tetrachlorvinphos, were examined through exposure on treated plywood panels...
- Mullens B, Owen J, Kuney D, Szijj C, Klingler K. Temporal changes in distribution, prevalence and intensity of northern fowl mite (Ornithonyssus sylviarum) parasitism in commercial caged laying hens, with a comprehensive economic analysis of parasite impact. Vet Parasitol. 2009;160:116-33 pubmed publisher..The results were related to other studies of mite impact on domestic hens and to wild bird-ectoparasite studies. Much of the mite economic damage probably is due to engaging and maintaining the immune response. ..
- Yañez Ocampo G, Sanchez Salinas E, Ortiz Hernández M. Removal of methyl parathion and tetrachlorvinphos by a bacterial consortium immobilized on tezontle-packed up-flow reactor. Biodegradation. 2011;22:1203-13 pubmed publisher..reactor (TPUFR) with an immobilized bacterial consortium for biological treatment of methyl-parathion and tetrachlorvinphos was evaluated...