Summary: Carbon-containing phosphoric acid derivatives. Included under this heading are compounds that have CARBON atoms bound to one or more OXYGEN atoms of the P(=O)(O)3 structure. Note that several specific classes of endogenous phosphorus-containing compounds such as NUCLEOTIDES; PHOSPHOLIPIDS; and PHOSPHOPROTEINS are listed elsewhere.
- Moulin M, Alguacil J, Gu S, Mehtougui A, Adams E, Peyrottes S, et al. V?9V?2 T cell activation by strongly agonistic nucleotidic phosphoantigens. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2017;74:4353-4367 pubmed publisher..Thus, nucleotide phosphoantigens are precursors of pyrophosphate antigens which can deliver strong agonists intracellularly resulting in prolonged and strengthened activity. ..
- Thomas M, Stapleton H, Dills R, Violette H, Christakis D, Sathyanarayana S. Demographic and dietary risk factors in relation to urinary metabolites of organophosphate flame retardants in toddlers. Chemosphere. 2017;185:918-925 pubmed publisher..Research with larger sample sizes and more detailed dietary data is required to confirm these preliminary findings. ..
- Prince A, Horowitz B, Brotman B. Sterilisation of hepatitis and HTLV-III viruses by exposure to tri(n-butyl)phosphate and sodium cholate. Lancet. 1986;1:706-10 pubmed..To provide absolute safety, a process efficacy of = or 5-6 log 10 is preferable. ..
- Zheng X, Qiao L, Covaci A, Sun R, Guo H, Zheng J, et al. Brominated and phosphate flame retardants (FRs) in indoor dust from different microenvironments: Implications for human exposure via dust ingestion and dermal contact. Chemosphere. 2017;184:185-191 pubmed publisher..01-0.23 and <0.01-0.36 ng/kg bw/day for adults and toddlers, respectively. More human exposure pathways other than dust ingestion should be considered, such as the dermal contact with beddings and furniture. ..
- Rowling B, Kinsela A, Comarmond M, Hughes C, Harrison J, Johansen M, et al. Measurement of tributyl phosphate (TBP) in groundwater at a legacy radioactive waste site and its possible role in contaminant mobilisation. J Environ Radioact. 2017;178-179:377-384 pubmed publisher..The ongoing presence and solubility of TBP has the potential to provide a mechanism for nuclide mobilisation, with implications for long term management of LFLS and similar legacy waste sites. ..
- Giri B, Sethi V, Modi S, Garg B, Banerjee S, Saluja A, et al. "Heat shock protein 70 in pancreatic diseases: Friend or foe". J Surg Oncol. 2017;116:114-122 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of HSP70 in pancreatic cancer by a novel compound, Minnelide, has shown considerable clinical promise...
- Guo D, Luo J, Zhou Y, Xiao H, He K, Yin C, et al. ACE: an efficient and sensitive tool to detect insecticide resistance-associated mutations in insect acetylcholinesterase from RNA-Seq data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2017;18:330 pubmed publisher..tabaci. To the best of our knowledge, the ACE pipeline is the first tool to detect resistance mutations from RNA-Seq data, and it facilitates the full utilization of large-scale genetic data obtained by using next-generation sequencing. ..
- Herbert J, Thiermann H, Worek F, Wille T. Precision cut lung slices as test system for candidate therapeutics in organophosphate poisoning. Toxicology. 2017;389:94-100 pubmed publisher..Now, candidate therapeutic compounds can be evaluated, based on their ability to counteract the irreversible airway contraction in OP poisoned PCLS. ..
- Lipscomb S, McClelland M, Macdonald M, Cardenas A, Anderson K, Kile M. Cross-sectional study of social behaviors in preschool children and exposure to flame retardants. Environ Health. 2017;16:23 pubmed publisher..Children with higher flame retardant exposures exhibited poorer social skills in three domains that play an important role in a child's ability to succeed academically and socially. ..
- Venkat S, Gregory C, Sturges J, Gan Q, Fan C. Studying the Lysine Acetylation of Malate Dehydrogenase. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:1396-1405 pubmed publisher..Our results also demonstrated that acetyl-CoA or acetyl-phosphate could acetylate MDH chemically in vitro. Furthermore, the acetylation level of MDH was shown to be affected by carbon sources in the growth medium. ..
- Breslow R, Halfon S. Quantitative effects of antihydrophobic agents on binding constants and solubilities in water. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:6916-8 pubmed..Ethanol also decreases binding in these systems, and increases solubilities, but the quantitative correlations are less straightforward. ..
- Cassereau J, Ferre M, Chevrollier A, Codron P, Verny C, Homedan C, et al. Neurotoxicity of Insecticides. Curr Med Chem. 2017;24:2988-3001 pubmed publisher..Close vigilance should therefore be exercised with regard to possible exposure to insecticides, particularly during the period of cerebral development. ..
- Ract P, Piau Couapel C, Compain F, Auzou M, Michon J, Cattoir V. In vitro activity of tedizolid and comparator agents against Gram-positive pathogens responsible for bone and joint infections. J Med Microbiol. 2017;66:1374-1378 pubmed publisher..were either equal or inferior to 0.5 µg ml-1. Altogether, tedizolid possessed a potent in vitro activity against most of the BJI Gram-positive pathogens with 95?% of them exhibiting a MIC ?0.5 µg ml-1. ..
- Engel L, Werder E, Satagopan J, Blair A, Hoppin J, Koutros S, et al. Insecticide Use and Breast Cancer Risk among Farmers' Wives in the Agricultural Health Study. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:097002 pubmed publisher..Women engaged in agricultural work or who reside in agricultural areas may experience appreciable exposures to a wide range of insecticides...
- Beranek D, Weis C, Swenson D. A comprehensive quantitative analysis of methylated and ethylated DNA using high pressure liquid chromatography. Carcinogenesis. 1980;1:595-606 pubmed..The methods described provide reproducible and quantitative methods of analysis for all the known methylated or ethylated products in a single DNA sample. ..
- Wanjala C, Mbugi J, Ototo E, Gesuge M, Afrane Y, Atieli H, et al. Pyrethroid and DDT Resistance and Organophosphate Susceptibility among Anopheles spp. Mosquitoes, Western Kenya. Emerg Infect Dis. 2015;21:2178-81 pubmed publisher..has acquired high resistance to pyrethroids and DDT, patchy resistance to carbamates, but no resistance to organophosphates. Use of non-pyrethroid-based vector control tools may be preferable for malaria prevention in this region.
- Wei Y, Li H, Zhang J, Xiong J, Yi X, You J. Legacy and Current-Use Insecticides in Agricultural Sediments from South China: Impact of Application Pattern on Occurrence and Risk. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:4247-4254 pubmed publisher..5 ng g-1, respectively. Pyrethroids predominated pesticide composition (31.7%), followed by organophosphates (23.0%) and fiproles (20.8%)...
- Banerjee R, Shane B, McGuire J, Coward J. Dihydrofolate synthetase and folylpolyglutamate synthetase: direct evidence for intervention of acyl phosphate intermediates. Biochemistry. 1988;27:9062-70 pubmed..However, mass spectral analysis of the TMP derived from the mammalian FPGS-catalyzed reactions showed clearly that 18O transfer had occurred. ..
- Hellstern P, Sachse H, Schwinn H, Oberfrank K. Manufacture and in vitro characterization of a solvent/detergent-treated human plasma. Vox Sang. 1992;63:178-85 pubmed..The S/D procedure did not lead to increases of markers indicating activation of hemostasis.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Aouani I, Sellami B, Lahbib K, Cavalier J, Touil S. Efficient synthesis of novel dialkyl-3-cyanopropylphosphate derivatives and evaluation of their anticholinesterase activity. Bioorg Chem. 2017;72:301-307 pubmed publisherBased on the broad spectrum of biological activities associated with organophosphates, a novel type of this class of compounds was synthesized, bearing a nitrile group, from the sodium alkoxide-catalyzed reaction of dialkylphosphites with ..
- Xu X, Chen J, Qu R, Wang Z. Oxidation of Tris (2-chloroethyl) phosphate in aqueous solution by UV-activated peroxymonosulfate: Kinetics, water matrix effects, degradation products and reaction pathways. Chemosphere. 2017;185:833-843 pubmed publisher..Hence, UV/PMS can be used as an efficient technology to treat TCEP-containing water and wastewaters. ..
- Barrett J. Better than eating worms? Children's dietary exposure to OP pesticides. Environ Health Perspect. 2008;116:A172 pubmed
- Ye J, Liu J, Li C, Zhou P, Wu S, Ou H. Heterogeneous photocatalysis of tris(2-chloroethyl) phosphate by UV/TiO2: Degradation products and impacts on bacterial proteome. Water Res. 2017;124:29-38 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, hydroxylation and dechlorination of TCEP with incomplete mineralization were likewise effective for its detoxification, indicating that UV/TiO2 will be an alternative treatment method for OPEs control. ..
- Carignan C, Mínguez Alarcón L, Butt C, Williams P, Meeker J, Stapleton H, et al. Urinary Concentrations of Organophosphate Flame Retardant Metabolites and Pregnancy Outcomes among Women Undergoing in Vitro Fertilization. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:087018 pubmed publisher..https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP1021. ..
- Fu L, Lv Y, Zhong Y, He Q, Liu X, Du L. Tyrosine phosphorylation of Kv1.5 is upregulated in intrauterine growth retardation rats with exaggerated pulmonary hypertension. Braz J Med Biol Res. 2017;50:e6237 pubmed publisher..5 expression in PASMCs. This phenomenon may be mediated by increased tyrosine phosphorylation of Kv1.5 in PASMCs and it provides new insight into the prevention and treatment of IUGR-related CH-PAH. ..
- McKenzie D, Blasco F, Belão T, Killen S, Martins N, Taylor E, et al. Physiological determinants of individual variation in sensitivity to an organophosphate pesticide in Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus. Aquat Toxicol. 2017;189:108-114 pubmed publisher..Intrinsic individual physiology determined effects of the pesticide on performance and, in particular, good swimmers remained better swimmers after exposure. ..
- Hopkins D, Fraser N, Mabbitt P, Carr P, Oakeshott J, Jackson C. Structure of an Insecticide Sequestering Carboxylesterase from the Disease Vector Culex quinquefasciatus: What Makes an Enzyme a Good Insecticide Sponge?. Biochemistry. 2017;56:5512-5525 pubmed publisher..This provides a molecular understanding of pesticide sequestration by insect CBEs and could facilitate the design of CBE-specific inhibitors to circumvent this resistance mechanism in the future...
- Bollyn J, Faes J, Fritzsche A, Smolders E. Colloidal-Bound Polyphosphates and Organic Phosphates Are Bioavailable: A Nutrient Solution Study. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:6762-6770 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, colloidal organic P or poly-P can stabilize Fe(III) colloids in solution and can contribute to plant-available P. Soil experiments are required to assess their potential as nanofertilizers. ..
- Li L, Jiang S, Li K, Lin B, Wang Z, Zhang Z, et al. Assessment of tris (1, 3-dichloro-2-propyl) phosphate toxicology in PC12 cells by using digital gene expression profiling. Chemosphere. 2017;183:353-360 pubmed publisher..These observations provide valuable preliminary information regarding the mechanisms of TDCIPP-induced toxicity in PC12 cells and indicate that further study of the toxicity of other environmental OPFRs is warranted. ..
- Romano M, Hawley N, Eliot M, Calafat A, Jayatilaka N, Kelsey K, et al. Variability and predictors of urinary concentrations of organophosphate flame retardant metabolites among pregnant women in Rhode Island. Environ Health. 2017;16:40 pubmed publisher..Body size may be an important predictor of urinary flame retardant metabolite concentrations. ..
- Parker W, Hornik C, BILBO S, Holzknecht Z, Gentry L, Rao R, et al. The role of oxidative stress, inflammation and acetaminophen exposure from birth to early childhood in the induction of autism. J Int Med Res. 2017;45:407-438 pubmed publisher..This view mandates extreme urgency in probing the long-term effects of acetaminophen use in babies and the possibility that many cases of infantile autism may actually be induced by acetaminophen exposure shortly after birth. ..
- Meyerhoff D, Boska M, Thomas A, Weiner M. Alcoholic liver disease: quantitative image-guided P-31 MR spectroscopy. Radiology. 1989;173:393-400 pubmed
- Fernie K, Chabot D, Champoux L, Brimble S, Alaee M, Marteinson S, et al. Spatiotemporal patterns and relationships among the diet, biochemistry, and exposure to flame retardants in an apex avian predator, the peregrine falcon. Environ Res. 2017;158:43-53 pubmed publisher..These associations of FR-endocrine-biochemical measures suggest possible exposure-related changes in these birds and further study is warranted. ..
- Migneron Foisy V, Bouchard M, Freeman E, Saint Amour D. Myopia and Exposure to Organophosphate and Pyrethroid Pesticides in the General United States Population. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4915-4924 pubmed publisher..The present study aimed to assess whether exposure to organophosphates and pyrethroids in the United States general population was associated with the prevalence of myopia.
- Spivey A. Amplify, amplify: shotgun proteomics boosts the signal for biomarker discovery. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:A206-9 pubmed
- Sun F, Ding J, Lü X, Gao R, Lu X, Shi E, et al. Mass spectral characterization of tabun-labeled lysine biomarkers in albumin. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1057:54-61 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we show that tabun-labeled lysine peptides are found in vivo and in vitro. These modified lysine peptides are good biomarkers for exposure to tabun in albumin of leporine and rat. ..
- Nakayama K, Schwans J, Sorin E, Tran T, Gonzalez J, Arteaga E, et al. Synthesis, biochemical evaluation, and molecular modeling studies of aryl and arylalkyl di-n-butyl phosphates, effective butyrylcholinesterase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:3171-3181 pubmed publisher..Future studies will be designed to exploit these features in an effort to develop inhibitors of higher inhibitory strength against butyrylcholinesterase. ..
- Dufour J, Stoupis C, Lazeyras F, Vock P, Terrier F, Reichen J. Alterations in hepatic fructose metabolism in cirrhotic patients demonstrated by dynamic 31phosphorus spectroscopy. Hepatology. 1992;15:835-42 pubmed..53 to 0.69; p less than 0.05). We conclude that dynamic 31P magnetic resonance spectroscopy is a safe, clinically feasible test that allows detailed insights into biochemical events in liver disease. ..