technetium tc 99m aggregated albumin
Summary: A gamma-emitting radionuclide imaging agent used for the diagnosis of diseases in many tissues, particularly in cardiovascular and cerebral circulation.
- Sabet A, Ahmadzadehfar H, Muckle M, Haslerud T, Wilhelm K, Biersack H, et al. Significance of oral administration of sodium perchlorate in planning liver-directed radioembolization. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:1063-7 pubmed publisher..This technique increased test accuracy and reporter confidence, saved time in reviewing the angiograms, and can improve treatment planning and reduce therapeutic side effects. ..
- Ahmadzadehfar H, Möhlenbruch M, Sabet A, Meyer C, Muckle M, Haslerud T, et al. Is prophylactic embolization of the hepatic falciform artery needed before radioembolization in patients with 99mTc-MAA accumulation in the anterior abdominal wall?. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011;38:1477-84 pubmed publisher..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the incidence and consequences of (99m)Tc-MAA accumulation in the anterior abdominal wall, indicating a patent HFA, in patients undergoing radioembolization of liver tumours...
- Crane L, Themelis G, Arts H, Buddingh K, Brouwers A, Ntziachristos V, et al. Intraoperative near-infrared fluorescence imaging for sentinel lymph node detection in vulvar cancer: first clinical results. Gynecol Oncol. 2011;120:291-5 pubmed publisher..These first clinical results indicate that intraoperative transcutaneous lymphatic mapping using fluorescence is technically feasible in a subgroup of lean vulvar cancer patients. ..
- Hamami M, Poeppel T, Müller S, Heusner T, Bockisch A, Hilgard P, et al. SPECT/CT with 99mTc-MAA in radioembolization with 90Y microspheres in patients with hepatocellular cancer. J Nucl Med. 2009;50:688-92 pubmed publisher..The overall low risk of gastrointestinal complications in radioembolization may therefore be further reduced by SPECT/CT. ..
- Domènech Vilardell A, Bajén M, Benítez A, Ricart Y, Mora J, Rodríguez Bel L, et al. Removal of the internal mammary sentinel node in breast cancer. Nucl Med Commun. 2009;30:962-70 pubmed publisher..IMC-SLNB improves nodal staging in breast cancer but has little impact on adjuvant treatment. However, it should be performed to obtain results, which will determine in the future whether it improves survival rates or not. ..
- Lau W, Kennedy A, Kim Y, Lai H, Lee R, Leung T, et al. Patient selection and activity planning guide for selective internal radiotherapy with yttrium-90 resin microspheres. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:401-7 pubmed publisher..Its unique mode of action, including both (90)Y brachytherapy and embolization of neoplastic microvasculature, necessitates activity planning methods specific to SIRT...
- Ulrich G, Dudeck O, Furth C, Ruf J, Grosser O, Adolf D, et al. Predictive value of intratumoral 99mTc-macroaggregated albumin uptake in patients with colorectal liver metastases scheduled for radioembolization with 90Y-microspheres. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:516-22 pubmed publisher..However, the predictive value of intratumoral (99m)Tc-MAA uptake remains unclear...
- Murthy R, Brown D, Salem R, Meranze S, Coldwell D, Krishnan S, et al. Gastrointestinal complications associated with hepatic arterial Yttrium-90 microsphere therapy. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2007;18:553-61; quiz 562 pubmed..Our aim is to increase the understanding of the role of various imaging and preventative techniques in minimizing this undesired effect. ..
- Wang Y, Chuang M, Chiu J, Cham T, Chung M. On-site preparation of technetium-99m labeled human serum albumin for clinical application. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2007;211:379-85 pubmed..In addition, this on-site preparation provides the possibility of labeling a patient's own serum for subsequent clinical application. ..
- Heuts E, van der Ent F, von Meyenfeldt M, Voogd A. Internal mammary lymph drainage and sentinel node biopsy in breast cancer - A study on 1008 patients. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:252-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with IM hotspots on lymphoscintigraphy have a substantial risk (22%) of metastatic involvement of the IM chain. In addition, true IM node-negative patients can be spared the morbidity associated with adjuvant radiotherapy. ..
- Denecke T, Ruhl R, Hildebrandt B, Stelter L, Grieser C, Stiepani H, et al. Planning transarterial radioembolization of colorectal liver metastases with Yttrium 90 microspheres: evaluation of a sequential diagnostic approach using radiologic and nuclear medicine imaging techniques. Eur Radiol. 2008;18:892-902 pubmed publisher..Each part of the diagnostic algorithm showed a relevant impact on patient management. The sequential approach appears to be suitable and keeps the number of unnecessary treatments and therapy risks to a minimum. ..
- Medina Franco H, Abarca Pérez L, García Alvarez M, Ulloa Gómez J, Romero Trejo C, Sepúlveda Méndez J. Radioguided occult lesion localization (ROLL) versus wire-guided lumpectomy for non-palpable breast lesions: a randomized prospective evaluation. J Surg Oncol. 2008;97:108-11 pubmed publisher..ROLL appears to improve the learning curve for surgical residents and cosmesis. ROLL is an attractive alternative to WL. ..
- Vermeeren L, Valdes Olmos R, Klop W, Balm A, van den Brekel M. A portable gamma-camera for intraoperative detection of sentinel nodes in the head and neck region. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:700-3 pubmed publisher..Intraoperative identification of sentinel nodes in the head and neck region with a portable gamma-camera is feasible and might lead to detection of more sentinel nodes. ..
- Thind C, Desmond S, Harris O, Nadeem R, Chagla L, Audisio R. Radio-guided localization of clinically occult breast lesions (ROLL): a DGH experience. Clin Radiol. 2005;60:681-6 pubmed..The cost compares well with WGL. There is an improved cosmetic outcome for patients, and the very small quantity of radioactivity used is safe for both patients and staff. ..
- Nadeem R, Chagla L, Harris O, Desmond S, Thind R, Titterrell C, et al. Occult breast lesions: A comparison between radioguided occult lesion localisation (ROLL) vs. wire-guided lumpectomy (WGL). Breast. 2005;14:283-9 pubmed..A larger amount of normal breast tissue was excised with WGL, without achieving any better cancer clearance. ROLL provides a feasible alternative to WGL. This quick and simple technique achieves an improved rate of clear margins. ..
- Garin E, Lenoir L, Rolland Y, Edeline J, Mesbah H, Laffont S, et al. Dosimetry based on 99mTc-macroaggregated albumin SPECT/CT accurately predicts tumor response and survival in hepatocellular carcinoma patients treated with 90Y-loaded glass microspheres: preliminary results. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:255-63 pubmed publisher
- Brouwer O, Buckle T, Vermeeren L, Klop W, Balm A, van der Poel H, et al. Comparing the hybrid fluorescent-radioactive tracer indocyanine green-99mTc-nanocolloid with 99mTc-nanocolloid for sentinel node identification: a validation study using lymphoscintigraphy and SPECT/CT. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:1034-40 pubmed publisher..This observation, together with the added value of intraoperative fluorescence guidance, warrants wider evaluation of hybrid ICG-(99m)Tc-nanocolloid as a tracer for sentinel node procedures. ..
- Kumar A, Schupp E, Bunnell E, Ali A, Milcarek B, Parrillo J. Cardiovascular response to dobutamine stress predicts outcome in severe sepsis and septic shock. Crit Care. 2008;12:R35 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to assess cardiovascular and metabolic responses to dobutamine as correlates of outcome in patients with severe sepsis or septic shock...
- De Cicco C, Pizzamiglio M, Trifiro G, Luini A, Ferrari M, Prisco G, et al. Radioguided occult lesion localisation (ROLL) and surgical biopsy in breast cancer. Technical aspects. Q J Nucl Med. 2002;46:145-51 pubmed..4%) benign lesions and 407 (52.6%) cancers. The cancers were treated by conservative breast surgery in 99.5% of cases. We concluded that ROLL enables the surgeon to remove occult breast lesions easily and reliably. ..
- Sun S, Hsieh J, Tsai S, Ho Y, Kao C. Evaluation of nasal mucociliary clearance function in allergic rhinitis patients with technetium 99m-labeled macroaggregated albumin rhinoscintigraphy. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2002;111:77-9 pubmed..We suggest that Tc-99m MAA rhinoscintigraphy may be a useful noninvasive tool to evaluate the nasal mucociliary clearance function in allergic rhinitis patients. ..
- Kim R, Osaki A, Kojima J, Toge T. Significance of lymphoscintigraphic mapping with Tc-99m human serum albumin and tin colloid in sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer. Int J Oncol. 2001;19:991-6 pubmed..The pattern and direction of the lymphatic drain to the SLN in scintigraphy need to be considered for the elimination of axillary lymph node dissection in node-negative patients with breast cancer. ..
- Chiu N, Lee B, Hwang S, Chang J, Liu G, Yu H. Protein-losing enteropathy: diagnosis with (99m)Tc-labeled human serum albumin scintigraphy. Radiology. 2001;219:86-90 pubmed..99m)Tc HSA with serial scanning for up to 24 hours is reliable and useful for imaging PLE. Sites of protein loss may also be demonstrated. This imaging method is convenient, easy to perform, and yields results within 24 hours. ..
- Koizumi M, Yamada Y, Nomura E, Takiguchi T, Kokudo N. An easy and reproducible semi-automatic method for the evaluation of 99mTc-galactosyl human serum albumin. Ann Nucl Med. 1997;11:345-8 pubmed..A newly developed semi-automated method improved data processing time and deviation of indices in 99mTc-GSA studies. This method should substitute for manual ROI determination...
- Nakajima K, Kinuya K, Mizutani Y, Hwang E, Michigishi T, Tonami N, et al. Simple scintigraphic parameters with Tc-99m galactosyl human serum albumin for clinical staging of chronic hepatocellular dysfunction. Ann Nucl Med. 1999;13:5-11 pubmed..In conclusion, the use of the ROI-area normalized nLHL is recommended instead of the conventional LHL15. The indices of LH15 and T-half could be alternatively used as practical parameters for clinical staging in liver function...
- Vanhove C, Walgraeve N, De Geeter F, Franken P. Gated myocardial perfusion tomography versus gated blood pool tomography for the calculation of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2002;29:735-41 pubmed..In conclusion, LV volumes and EF computed on gMPT correlated well with those measured on gBPT. Discrepancies were observed for large volumes presumably because of inaccuracies of gMPT in patients with severe perfusion defects. ..
- Boek W, Graamans K, Natzijl H, van Rijk P, Huizing E. Nasal mucociliary transport: new evidence for a key role of ciliary beat frequency. Laryngoscope. 2002;112:570-3 pubmed..The evidence from our experiments suggests that ciliary beat frequency is a determining factor in the mucociliary transport rate in the nose. ..
- Shuke N, Okizaki A, Kino S, Sato J, Ishikawa Y, Zhao C, et al. Functional mapping of regional liver asialoglycoprotein receptor amount from single blood sample and SPECT. J Nucl Med. 2003;44:475-82 pubmed
- Estourgie S, Tanis P, Nieweg O, Valdes Olmos R, Rutgers E, Kroon B. Should the hunt for internal mammary chain sentinel nodes begin? An evaluation of 150 breast cancer patients. Ann Surg Oncol. 2003;10:935-41 pubmed..Pursuit of IMC sentinel nodes improves the staging of patients with breast cancer and enables treatment to be better adjusted to the needs of the individual patient. ..
- Rampaul R, Bagnall M, Burrell H, Pinder S, Evans A, Macmillan R. Randomized clinical trial comparing radioisotope occult lesion localization and wire-guided excision for biopsy of occult breast lesions. Br J Surg. 2004;91:1575-7 pubmed..ROLL and wire-guided localization were similarly effective for breast biopsy, but ROLL was easier for both radiologist and surgeon, and less painful for the patient. ..
- Uslu H, Uslu C, Varoglu E, Demirci M, Seven B. Effects of septoplasty and septal deviation on nasal mucociliary clearance. Int J Clin Pract. 2004;58:1108-11 pubmed..Septal deviation affects the mucociliary activity. It is improved by surgery. This study showed that nasal septal deviation reduced the nasal mucociliary activity, and this can easily evaluated with scintigraphy...
- Miki K, Kubota K, Inoue Y, Vera D, Makuuchi M. Receptor measurements via Tc-GSA kinetic modeling are proportional to functional hepatocellular mass. J Nucl Med. 2001;42:733-7 pubmed..This study tested the hypothesis that the amount of asialoglycoprotein receptor measured by Tc-GSA modeling provides a valid index of functional liver mass...
- Estourgie S, Nieweg O, Olmos R, Rutgers E, Kroon B. Lymphatic drainage patterns from the breast. Ann Surg. 2004;239:232-7 pubmed..There is a distinct difference in drainage patterns between palpable and nonpalpable lesions. These findings may improve the assessment of lymphatic dissemination in invasive breast cancer. ..
- Nishiofuku H, Tanaka T, Sakaguchi H, Yamamoto K, Inoue M, Sueyoshi S, et al. Hepatic arterial infusion chemotherapy combined with venous embolization in a patient with hepatic metastases with an arteriovenous shunt. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2009;32:796-800 pubmed publisher..The arteriovenous shunt was diagnosed by (99m)Tc-macroaggregated albumin scintigraphy and hepatic venous embolization was performed to reduce shunt flow. ..
- Rebollo Aguirre A, Gallego Peinado M, Menjon Beltran S, Garcia Garcia J, Pastor Pons E, Chamorro Santos C, et al. Sentinel lymph node biopsy in patients with operable breast cancer treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol. 2012;31:117-23 pubmed publisher..The mean number of SLN removed was 1.7 and nodes resected from the ALND were 13.2. SLN biopsy after NAC can predict the axillary status with a high accuracy in patients with breast cancer, avoiding unnecessary ALND. ..
- Schilling D, Boekeler U, Gakis G, Schwentner C, Corvin S, Sotlar K, et al. Modified concept for radioisotope-guided sentinel lymph node dissection in prostate cancer. World J Urol. 2010;28:715-20 pubmed publisher..Routine resection of the obturator fossa with additional resection of positive sentinel regions improves staging accuracy compared to resection of the obturator fossa only. ..
- Procaccini E, Ruggiero R, Docimo G, Iovino F, Procaccini F, De Luca R, et al. Sentinel lymph node biopsy in the treatment of breast cancer. Experience in 527 cases. Minerva Chir. 2007;62:93-9 pubmed..Our results are in line with the published data; therefore, the study will go forward to examine the role of the micrometastasis in the sentinel node and of in-transit tumoral cells. ..
- Van de Vrande S, Meijer J, Rijnders A, Klinkenbijl J. The value of intraoperative frozen section examination of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009;35:276-80 pubmed publisher..Seventy-two percent of the patients with metastatic disease were correctly diagnosed and spared a second surgical procedure. ..
- Strnad P, Rob L, Krízová H, Zuntova A, Chod J, Halaska M. [Sentinel lymphatic node biopsy for breast cancer in practice]. Ceska Gynekol. 2005;70:291-5 pubmed..The introduction of sentinel lymph node biopsy allows directed and accurate assessment of axillary involvement with minimal morbidity. Sentinel node accurately predicts the status of all axillary nodes in more than 94.7% of cases. ..
- Sugai Y, Komatani A, Hosoya T, Takahashi K. Comparisons of the time-activity curves of the cardiac blood pool and liver uptake by 99mTc-GSA dynamic SPECT and measured 99mTc-GSA blood concentrations. Ann Nucl Med. 2006;20:295-301 pubmed..The time-activity curve of liver uptake showed a tendency towards overestimation in the first half of the examination, probably due to the high concentration in the hepatic blood pool, and underestimation in the second half. ..
- Maza S, Taupitz M, Taymoorian K, Winzer K, Rückert J, Paschen C, et al. Multimodal fusion imaging ensemble for targeted sentinel lymph node management: initial results of an innovative promising approach for anatomically difficult lymphatic drainage in different tumour entities. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2007;34:378-83 pubmed..Currently, we are testing its validity in larger patient groups and other tumour entities. ..
- Dudeck O, Wilhelmsen S, Ulrich G, Lowenthal D, Pech M, Amthauer H, et al. Effectiveness of repeat angiographic assessment in patients designated for radioembolization using yttrium-90 microspheres with initial extrahepatic accumulation of technitium-99m macroaggregated albumin: a single center's experience. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2012;35:1083-93 pubmed
- Zanglis A, Andreopoulos D, Dima M, Sidiropoulou A, Baziotis N. A large intra-atrial thrombus detected during a lung perfusion scan with technetium-99m macroaggregated albumin injected through the subclavian venous line. Hell J Nucl Med. 2006;9:184-6 pubmed..We have been unable to find in the literature a similar case of a thrombus detected by the iv administration of (99m)Tc-MAA. ..
- Warncke S, Mattei A, Fuechsel F, Z Brun S, Krause T, Studer U. Detection rate and operating time required for gamma probe-guided sentinel lymph node resection after injection of technetium-99m nanocolloid into the prostate with and without preoperative imaging. Eur Urol. 2007;52:126-32 pubmed..The operating time for SPECT/CT/MRI-supported SLN resection is significantly reduced compared to SLN resection guided by gamma probe alone. Both procedures take significantly longer than routine extended PLND. ..
- Schelhorn J, Theysohn J, Ertle J, Schlaak J, Mueller S, Bockisch A, et al. Selective internal radiation therapy of hepatic tumours: is coiling of the gastroduodenal artery always beneficial?. Clin Radiol. 2014;69:e216-22 pubmed publisher..Although most of these collaterals do not impede (90)Y administration, SIRT may become unfeasible in specific occasions. Hence, segmental or lobar SIRT instead of a whole-liver approach with coiling of the GDA is recommended. ..
- Shao W, Zhang F, Zuo S, Wang X, Song J. Lower limb deep vein thrombosis in patients with suspected pulmonary embolism detected with (99m)Tc-MAA simultaneously with lung perfusion scan. Hell J Nucl Med. 2012;15:220-3 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of DVT was higher in patients with PE than in patients without PE. Pulmonary embolism was more likely to occur in patients with proximal DVT, and more embolic lung segments were detected in patients with proximal DVT. ..
- Yu N, Srinivas S, DiFilippo F, Shrikanthan S, Levitin A, McLennan G, et al. Lung dose calculation with SPECT/CT for ??Yittrium radioembolization of liver cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013;85:834-9 pubmed publisher..The new method provides a more accurate estimate of radiation risk to the lungs. For patients with a large lung shunt calculated from PS, a recalculation of LMD based on SPECT/CT is recommended. ..
- Adachi Y, Nakagawa Y, Nishio A. In patients treated with peritoneal dialysis, icodextrin improves erythropoietin-resistant anemia through blockade of asialo receptors on hepatocytes. Adv Perit Dial. 2006;22:41-4 pubmed..These results indicate that improvement in EPO-resistant anemia and greater ALP activity with icodextrin administration are mediated through blockade of the asialo receptors on hepatocytes. ..
- Takei H, Suemasu K, Kurosumi M, Ninomiya J, Horii Y, Inoue K, et al. 99mTc-phytate is better than 99mTc-human serum albumin as a radioactive tracer for sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer. Surg Today. 2006;36:219-24 pubmed..Thus, 99mTc-phytate is better than 99mTc-HSA as a radioactive agent for SLNB in breast cancer. ..
- Han S, Lee O, Eun C, Roh B, Sohn W, Baeg S, et al. [A case of protein-losing enteropathy associated with small bowel villous atrophy]. Korean J Gastroenterol. 2007;49:31-6 pubmed..Her symptoms did not improve after supportive care. Gluten free diet was tried because celiac disease could not be ruled out completely. Diarrhea ceased and body weight regained after gluten free diet. ..
- Manasterski J, Szyfter W. [Role of sentinel lymph nodes in treatment of head and neck cancer]. Otolaryngol Pol. 2001;55:635-9 pubmed..Methods of identification of the sentinel lymph nodes are described. Usefulness of the handheld gamma probe to determine the position of sentinel nodes during operative procedure was emphasised. ..
- Lam M, Goris M, Iagaru A, Mittra E, Louie J, Sze D. Prognostic utility of 90Y radioembolization dosimetry based on fusion 99mTc-macroaggregated albumin-99mTc-sulfur colloid SPECT. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:2055-61 pubmed publisher..2 mo in patients who received less (P < 0.05). Dual-tracer (99m)Tc-MAA-(99m)Tc-SC fusion SPECT offers a physiology-based imaging tool with significant prognostic power that may lead to improved personalized activity planning. ..
- Lambert B, Mertens J, Sturm E, Stienaers S, Defreyne L, D Asseler Y. 99mTc-labelled macroaggregated albumin (MAA) scintigraphy for planning treatment with 90Y microspheres. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2010;37:2328-33 pubmed publisher..99mTc-labelled macroaggregated albumin (MAA) is injected intra-arterially to simulate the treatment and whole-body scintigraphy and single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) of the abdomen are performed...