Genomes and Genes
Summary: An antilipemic agent which reduces both CHOLESTEROL and TRIGLYCERIDES in the blood.
- Wang Y, Yu M, Ma Y, Wang R, Liu W, Xia W, et al. Fenofibrate Increases Heme Oxygenase 1 Expression and Astrocyte Proliferation While Limits Neuronal Injury During Intracerebral Hemorrhage. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2017;14:11-18 pubmed publisher..We investigated the anti-inflammatory effects of fenofibrate, a ligand of PPAR?, in ICH rat model...
- SporkovÃ¡ A, ÄŒertÃkovÃ¡ ChÃ¡bovÃ¡ V, DoleÅ¾elovÃ¡ Å, JÃchovÃ¡ Å, Kopkan L, VaÅˆourkovÃ¡ Z, et al. Fenofibrate Attenuates Hypertension in Goldblatt Hypertensive Rats: Role of 20-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic Acid in the Nonclipped Kidney. Am J Med Sci. 2017;353:568-579 pubmed publisher..We examined if 14 days×³ administration of fenofibrate, a lipid-lowering drug, would increase CYP4A1 gene expression and renal 20-HETE formation, and if increased 20-..
- Schmeel L, Schmeel F, Schmidt Wolf I. In Vitro Apoptosis Induction by Fenofibrate in Lymphoma and Multiple Myeloma. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3513-3520 pubmed..b>Fenofibrate, an extensively scrutinized and widely used drug for primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed dyslipidemia, has ..
- . Persistent Effects of Intensive Glycemic Control on Retinopathy in Type 2 Diabetes in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (ACCORD) Follow-On Study. Diabetes Care. 2016;39:1089-100 pubmed publisherThis study investigated whether the beneficial effects of intensive glycemic control and fenofibrate treatment of dyslipidemia in reducing retinopathy progression demonstrated in the Action to Control Cardiovascular Risk in Diabetes (..
- Kato M, Ohtake H, Sato H, Seto Y, Onoue S. Enzymatic reactive oxygen species assay to evaluate phototoxic risk of metabolites. Toxicol Lett. 2017;278:59-65 pubmed publisher..The incubation time of compounds with human hepatic S9 fractions was optimized with the use of fenofibrate (FF), a typical phototoxicant with metabolite-related phototoxicity, and the reproducibility and robustness of ..
- Puligheddu M, Melis M, Pillolla G, Milioli G, Parrino L, Terzano G, et al. Rationale for an adjunctive therapy with fenofibrate in pharmacoresistant nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1762-1770 pubmed publisher..b>Fenofibrate, a common lipid-regulating drug, is an agonist at peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR?) that ..
- Nguyen C, Huttary N, Atanasov A, Chatuphonprasert W, Brenner S, Fristiohady A, et al. Fenofibrate inhibits tumour intravasation by several independent mechanisms in a 3-dimensional co-culture model. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:1879-1888 pubmed publisher..Herein we report on an effect of the antidyslipidemic drug fenofibrate with vasoprotective activity, which attenuates breast cancer intravasation in vitro, and describe the ..
- Jo E, Li S, Liang Q, Zhang X, Wang H, Herbert T, et al. Chronic activation of PPAR? with fenofibrate reduces autophagic proteins in the liver of mice independent of FGF21. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173676 pubmed publisher..Here we report a reduced autophagic capacity in the liver following chronic activation of PPAR? with fenofibrate (FB) in mice...
- Kast R, Hill Q, Wion D, Mellstedt H, Focosi D, Karpel Massler G, et al. Glioblastoma-synthesized G-CSF and GM-CSF contribute to growth and immunosuppression: Potential therapeutic benefit from dapsone, fenofibrate, and ribavirin. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317699797 pubmed publisher..The antibiotic dapsone, the lipid-lowering agent fenofibrate, and the antiviral drug ribavirin are Food and Drug Administration- and European Medicines Agency-approved ..