Genomes and Genes
Summary: A hapten that generates suppressor cells capable of down-regulating the efferent phase of trinitrophenol-specific contact hypersensitivity. (Arthritis Rheum 1991 Feb;34(2):180).
- Yonetoku Y, Kubota H, Okamoto Y, Ishikawa J, Takeuchi M, Ohta M, et al. Novel potent and selective calcium-release-activated calcium (CRAC) channel inhibitors. Part 2: Synthesis and inhibitory activity of aryl-3-trifluoromethylpyrazoles. Bioorg Med Chem. 2006;14:5370-83 pubmed..These compounds were potent inhibitors of IL-2 production in vitro and also acted as inhibitors in pharmacological models of diseases resulting from T-lymphocyte activation, after oral administration. ..
- Ogawa T, Hashikawa S, Asai Y, Sakamoto H, Yasuda K, Makimura Y. A new synbiotic, Lactobacillus casei subsp. casei together with dextran, reduces murine and human allergic reaction. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2006;46:400-9 pubmed..clinical skin severity scores and total immunoglobulin E levels in sera of NC/Nga mice that had developed picryl chloride-induced and Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus crude extract-swabbed atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions...
- Wang J, Sun Y, Li Y, Xu Q. Aqueous extract from aerial parts of Artemisia vestita, a traditional Tibetan medicine, reduces contact sensitivity in mice by down-regulating the activation, adhesion and metalloproteinase production of T lymphocytes. Int Immunopharmacol. 2005;5:407-15 pubmed
- Hofer S, Ivarsson L, Stoitzner P, Auffinger M, Rainer C, Romani N, et al. Adenosine slows migration of dendritic cells but does not affect other aspects of dendritic cell maturation. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:300-7 pubmed..Increased adenosine release may modulate immune responses by delaying the encounter of antigen-loaded dendritic cells with T cells. ..
- Nishimuta K, Ito Y. Effects of metronidazole and tinidazole ointments on models for inflammatory dermatitis in mice. Arch Dermatol Res. 2003;294:544-51 pubmed
- Okazaki F, Kanzaki H, Fujii K, Arata J, Akiba H, Tsujii K, et al. Initial recruitment of interferon-gamma-producing CD8+ effector cells, followed by infiltration of CD4+ cells in 2,4,6-trinitro-1-chlorobenzene (TNCB)-induced murine contact hypersensitivity reactions. J Dermatol. 2002;29:699-708 pubmed
- Sun Y, Xu Q. Aqueous extract from rhizoma notopterygii reduces contact sensitivity by inhibiting lymphocyte migration via down-regulating metalloproteinase activity. Pharmacol Res. 2002;46:333-7 pubmedIn the present paper we examined the effects of the aqueous extract from Rhizoma notopterygii (RN-ext) on picryl chloride-induced contact sensitivity (PCl-CS)...
- Elzey B, Griffith T, Herndon J, Barreiro R, Tschopp J, Ferguson T. Regulation of Fas ligand-induced apoptosis by TNF. J Immunol. 2001;167:3049-56 pubmed..We conclude that there is complicity between apoptosis and elements of the inflammatory response in controlling lymphocyte function in immune privileged sites. ..
- Dieli F, Sireci G, Scirè E, Salerno A, Bellavia A. Impaired contact hypersensitivity to trinitrochlorobenzene in interleukin-4-deficient mice. Immunology. 1999;98:71-9 pubmed..However, IL-4 KO mice developed a normal CH response to oxazolone, indicating that IL-4 was required for the CH reaction to TNCB, but not for that to oxazolone. ..
- Thomas W, Watkins M, Jouhal S, Asherson G. Induction and modification of anti-TNP reaginic and IgG antibody responses by reactive trinitrophenyl derivatives. Immunology. 1978;35:673-82 pubmedThe anti-TNP antibody response of mice exposed to picryl chloride is a response where IgE antibody can be preferentially produced. Skin-painting with picryl chloride induces IgM, IgG and IgE antibody...
- Kawase Y, Hoshino T, Yokota K, Kuzuhara A, Kirii Y, Nishiwaki E, et al. Exacerbated and prolonged allergic and non-allergic inflammatory cutaneous reaction in mice with targeted interleukin-18 expression in the skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:502-9 pubmed
- Yamaura K, Doi R, Suwa E, Ueno K. A novel animal model of pruritus induced by successive application of glucocorticoid to mouse skin. J Toxicol Sci. 2011;36:395-401 pubmed
- Ishihara K, Oyamada C, Matsushima R, Murata M, Muraoka T. Inhibitory effect of porphyran, prepared from dried "Nori", on contact hypersensitivity in mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2005;69:1824-30 pubmed..We conclude from these results that the CHS reaction was suppressed by oral porphyran due to the decreased serum level of IgE and the production of IFN-gamma in the challenged ear lobe...
- Gorman S, Tan J, Thomas J, Townley S, Stumbles P, Finlay Jones J, et al. Primary defect in UVB-induced systemic immunomodulation does not relate to immature or functionally impaired APCs in regional lymph nodes. J Immunol. 2005;174:6677-85 pubmed
- Kubera M, Curzytek K, Majewska Szczepanik M, Szczepanik M, MarciÅ„ska K, Ptak W, et al. Inhibitory effect of antidepressant drugs on contact hypersensitivity reaction. Pharmacol Rep. 2012;64:714-22 pubmed..present study was to establish the effect of prolonged desipramine or fluoxetine treatment on CS reaction to picryl chloride. Antidepressants significantly suppressed CS reaction, fluoxetine by 53% whereas desipramine by 47% compared ..
- Ogata A, Fujieda Y, Terakawa M, Muto T, Tanaka T, Maruoka H, et al. Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic analyses of chymase inhibitor SUN13834 in NC/Nga mice and prediction of effective dosage for atopic dermatitis patients. Int Immunopharmacol. 2011;11:1628-32 pubmed publisher..The clinical effective dosage predicted in this paper is also discussed in relation to a recently conducted Phase 2a study. ..
- Yokozeki H, Ghoreishi M, Takagawa S, Takayama K, Satoh T, Katayama I, et al. Signal transducer and activator of transcription 6 is essential in the induction of contact hypersensitivity. J Exp Med. 2000;191:995-1004 pubmed..Our data suggest that the STAT6 signal plays a critical role in the induction phase of CHS. ..
- Ohmura T, Tsunenari I, Hayashi T, Satoh Y, Konomi A, Nanri H, et al. Role of substance P in an NC/Nga mouse model of atopic dermatitis-like disease. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2004;133:389-97 pubmed..serum concentrations of SP and IgE during the development of AD-like disease up to 8 weeks after the start of picryl chloride (PiCl) induction in NC/Nga mice were examined...
- Bruchhausen S, Zahn S, Valk E, Knop J, Becker D. Thiol antioxidants block the activation of antigen-presenting cells by contact sensitizers. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:1039-44 pubmed..This finding may have implications for prevention of occupational sensitization to strong contact allergens. ..
- Kou J, Si M, Dai G, Lin Y, Zhu D. Antiinflammatory activity of Polygala japonica extract. Fitoterapia. 2006;77:411-5 pubmed..vascular permeability induced by acetic acid and histamine, respectively and ear swelling induced by picryl chloride in mice at the dose of 25.0 mg/kg...
- Wu F, Cao J, Jiang J, Yu B, Xu Q. Ruscogenin glycoside (Lm-3) isolated from Liriope muscari improves liver injury by dysfunctioning liver-infiltrating lymphocytes. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2001;53:681-8 pubmed..Lm-3) and its aglycone, ruscogenin, on liver injury induced in mice by delayed-type hypersensitivity to picryl chloride have been investigated...
- Xu Q, Chen X. CD4 T lymphocytes cause hepatocyte apoptosis by releasing Th1 cytokines in cellular immunological liver injury. Inflamm Res. 2002;51:444-50 pubmed..Liver injury was elicited by the trinitrobenzenesulfonic acid (TNBS) in picryl chloride (PCI)-sensitized mice. An ear swelling was also triggered with TNBS to confirm its eliciting ability...
- Olasz E, Linton J, Katz S. Soluble proteins and haptens on bone marrow-derived dendritic cells are presented to host CD4 T cells in an MHC-restricted manner. Int Immunol. 2002;14:493-502 pubmed..Using this model system we found that soluble proteins and haptens are presented by injected BMDC to host T cells in an MHC-restricted manner in vivo. ..
- Geba G, Ptak W, Askenase P. Topical tacrolimus and cyclosporin A differentially inhibit early and late effector phases of cutaneous delayed-type and immunoglobulin E hypersensitivity. Immunology. 2001;104:235-42 pubmed
- Seidel Guyenot W, Perschon S, Dechant N, Alt R, Knop J, Steinbrink K. Low zone tolerance induced by systemic application of allergens inhibits Tc1-mediated skin inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117:1170-7 pubmed..These findings will be of particular importance because tolerance induction by protocols applying subimmunogenic, low amounts of haptens may be used as tools for immunotherapy in allergic and autoimmune diseases. ..
- Yamamoto M, Haruna T, Imura K, Hikita I, Furue Y, Higashino K, et al. Inhibitory effect of a potent and selective cytosolic phospholipase A2alpha inhibitor RSC-3388 on skin inflammation in mice. Pharmacology. 2008;81:301-11 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that cPLA2alpha is involved in the development of skin inflammation in mice, and RSC-3388 is expected to be useful for the treatment of inflammatory skin disorders such as atopic dermatitis. ..
- Hirasawa N, Ohsawa Y, Ishihara K, Seyama T, Hong J, Ohuchi K. Analysis of the mechanism for the development of allergic skin inflammation and the application for its treatment:establishment of a modified allergic dermatitis model in mouse ear lobes by application of 12-O-tetradecanoyl phorbol 13-acetate: putati. J Pharmacol Sci. 2009;110:245-50 pubmed..was induced by painting 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol 13-acetate (TPA) between sensitization and challenge with picryl chloride (PiCl). This model has an advantage for analyzing atopic dermatitis-like inflammation within a short period...
- Shornick L, De Togni P, Mariathasan S, Goellner J, Strauss Schoenberger J, Karr R, et al. Mice deficient in IL-1beta manifest impaired contact hypersensitivity to trinitrochlorobenzone. J Exp Med. 1996;183:1427-36 pubmed..They suggest an important role for IL-1beta in initiation of the host of response at the epidermal barrier. ..
- Mori T, Kabashima K, Yoshiki R, Sugita K, Shiraishi N, Onoue A, et al. Cutaneous hypersensitivities to hapten are controlled by IFN-gamma-upregulated keratinocyte Th1 chemokines and IFN-gamma-downregulated langerhans cell Th2 chemokines. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1719-27 pubmed publisher..In IFN-gamma-knockout (IFN-gamma(-/-)) and wild-type B6 mice, we examined the response to picryl chloride (PCl) for assessing delayed-type reactions, and the responses to repeatedly challenged FITC for immediate and ..
- Hart P, Grimbaldeston M, Jaksic A, Tan J, Swift G, Hosszu E, et al. Ultraviolet B-induced suppression of immune responses in interleukin-4-/- mice: relationship to dermal mast cells. J Invest Dermatol. 2000;114:508-13 pubmed..This study further emphasizes the central role of mast cells in the initial processes by which ultraviolet B radiation is immunomodulatory for immune responses to sensitizing antigens applied to nonirradiated sites. ..
- Nishimuta K, Ito Y. Comparative study on the effects of ointments of tinidazole, hydrocortisone and clobetasol on animal models for inflammatory dermatitis in mice. Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi. 2003;94:272-84 pubmed..These results indicate that the advantage of using ointments of tinidazole would be that it has stronger anti-itching effects than corticosteroids. ..
- Garssen J, van Steeg H, De Gruijl F, de Boer J, van der Horst G, van Kranen H, et al. Transcription-coupled and global genome repair differentially influence UV-B-induced acute skin effects and systemic immunosuppression. J Immunol. 2000;164:6199-205 pubmed
- Shimizu T, Abe R, Nishihira J, Shibaki A, Watanabe H, Nakayama T, et al. Impaired contact hypersensitivity in macrophage migration inhibitory factor-deficient mice. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1478-87 pubmed..005). Taken together, these results indicate that MIF is pivotal in the regulation of cutaneous immune responses and plays a central role in LC migration and T cell proliferation for the CHS response. ..
- Biedermann T, Kneilling M, Mailhammer R, Maier K, Sander C, Kollias G, et al. Mast cells control neutrophil recruitment during T cell-mediated delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions through tumor necrosis factor and macrophage inflammatory protein 2. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1441-52 pubmed..Thus, mast cell-derived TNF and MIP-2 ultimately determine the pattern of infiltrating cells during T cell-mediated DTHRs. ..
- Biedermann T, Mailhammer R, Mai A, Sander C, Ogilvie A, Brombacher F, et al. Reversal of established delayed type hypersensitivity reactions following therapy with IL-4 or antigen-specific Th2 cells. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1582-91 pubmed..Thus, a population of immunoregulatory Th2 cells persists during advanced inflammatory responses that can be used for therapeutic deviation of established DTHR. ..
- Hokazono H, Omori T, Ono K. Effects of single and combined administration of fermented barley extract and gamma-aminobutyric acid on the development of atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2010;74:135-9 pubmed..These results suggest that combined administration of FBEP and GABA alleviated AD-like skin lesions in the NC/Nga mice by adjusting the Th1/Th2 balance to a Th1-predominant immune response. ..
- Hayashi D, Sugaya H, Ohkoshi T, Sekizawa K, Takatsu H, Shinkai T, et al. Vitamin E improves biochemical indices associated with symptoms of atopic dermatitis-like inflammation in NC/Nga mice. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2012;58:161-8 pubmed..After picryl chloride (PC) application to their backs, changes in the content of thiobarbituric acid reactive substances (TBARS) ..
- Mostafa A, Bazzi H. Synthesis and spectroscopic studies of the charge transfer complexes of 2- and 3-aminopyridine. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2009;74:180-7 pubmed publisher..tetracyanoethylene (TCNE), 2,3-dichloro-5,6-dicyano-p-benzoquinone (DDQ), 2-chloro-1,3,5-trinitrobenzene (picryl chloride, PC), and 2,3,5,6-tetrachloro-1,4-benzoquinone (chloranil) were studied spectrophotometrically in chloroform ..
- Tomioka K, Yamada T, Mase T, Murase K. Pharmacological properties of YM-11124, a selective immunosuppressive agent for cell-mediated immunity. Pharmacology. 1989;39:28-38 pubmed..YM-11124 inhibited picryl chloride- and methylated bovine serum albumin-induced delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions by the treatment during ..
- Hamaguchi T, Takahashi A, Manaka A, Sato M, Osada H. TU-572, a potent and selective CD45 inhibitor, suppresses IgE-mediated anaphylaxis and murine contact hypersensitivity reactions. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2001;126:318-24 pubmed..These findings revealed that the PTPase activity of CD45 played a critical role in signal transduction of IgE-mediated anaphylaxis in vitro and in vivo. PTPase inhibitors such as TU-572 are useful in the treatment of allergic diseases. ..
- Ito T, Inouye K, Nohara K, Tohyama C, Fujimaki H. TCDD exposure exacerbates atopic dermatitis-related inflammation in NC/Nga mice. Toxicol Lett. 2008;177:31-7 pubmed publisher..TCDD exacerbates atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions elicited in NC/Nga mice, NC/Nga mice were applied with picryl chloride (PC), and then were exposed to a single oral dose of 0 (control), 5, and 20 microg TCDD/kg...
- Dieli F, Asherson G, Sireci G, Lio D, Bonanno C, Salerno A. IL-5 enhances in vitro and in vivo antigen-specific IgA production in MHC genetically determined low IL-5 responder mice. Cell Immunol. 1995;163:309-13 pubmedLymphonode cells from BALB/k mice, but not from BALB/c mice, immunized with picryl chloride (PCl) produce IL-5 when stimulated with the specific antigen in vitro and this correlates with picryl-specific IgA levels in vivo, which are 6 to ..
- Lee H, Kim S, Han J, Choi H, Park J, Kim E, et al. Inhibitory effects of Rumex japonicus Houtt. on the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. Br J Dermatol. 2006;155:33-8 pubmed..Rumex japonicus Houtt. (RJH) is one of the herbs used in Eastern countries for the treatment of atopic dermatitis (AD). It has been shown to have an antioxidative effect in human skin disease...
- Geba G, Wegner C, Wolyniec W, Li Y, Askenase P. Nonatopic asthma: in vivo airway hyperreactivity adoptively transferred to naive mice by THY-1(+) and B220(+) antigen-specific cells that lack surface expression of CD3. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:629-38 pubmed
- Lee C, Han S, Shin Y, Chung M, Park Y, Lee S, et al. Prevention of ultraviolet radiation-induced suppression of contact hypersensitivity by Aloe vera gel components. Int J Immunopharmacol. 1999;21:303-10 pubmed
- Jung J, Yasoshima A, Saegusa J, Nakayama H, Doi K. Ultrastructural features of mast cells in picryl chloride (PCL)-induced contact dermatitis in IQI/Jic mice. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2003;54:265-71 pubmed..Namely, the ear of IQI/Jic mice was topically applied with picryl chloride (PCL) at 4 (1st), 11 (2nd), 18 (3rd) and 25 days (4th) after the sensitization with PCL to the abdominal skin...
- Zhang L, Dong Y, Sun Y, Chen T, Xu Q. Role of four major components in the effect of Si-Ni-San, a traditional Chinese prescription, against contact sensitivity in mice. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006;58:1257-64 pubmedPreviously, we demonstrated the inhibitory effects of Si-Ni-San, a traditional Chinese prescription, on picryl chloride-induced ear contact sensitivity (PCl-CS)...
- Ueda Y, Inoue T, Rahman M, Yatsuzuka R, Jiang S, Kamei C. A new chronic itch model accompanied by skin lesions in hairless mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2006;6:1609-15 pubmed..Therefore, this model may be useful to evaluate the effects of drugs on the itch response accompanied by skin lesions, such as atopic dermatitis. ..
- Suwa E, Yamaura K, Oda M, Namiki T, Ueno K. Histamine H(4) receptor antagonist reduces dermal inflammation and pruritus in a hapten-induced experimental model. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;667:383-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that treatment with a H(4) receptor antagonist may be effective for amelioration of both skin inflammation and pruritus in patients with allergic dermatitis such as atopic dermatitis. ..
- Natsch A, Haupt T, Laue H. Relating skin sensitizing potency to chemical reactivity: reactive Michael acceptors inhibit NF-?B signaling and are less sensitizing than S(N)Ar- and S(N)2- reactive chemicals. Chem Res Toxicol. 2011;24:2018-27 pubmed publisher..This may be the reason for the relatively weak relationship between the potency in the LLNA and the rate constant of this particular group of chemicals. ..
- Matsukura S, Aihara M, Hirasawa T, Ikezawa Z. Effects of TNCB sensitization in DS-Nh mice, serving as a model of atopic dermatitis, in comparison with NC/Nga mice. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2005;136:173-80 pubmed..Th1 responses might play an important role in the development of dermatitis and increase in serum IgE levels in DS-Nh mice through an increase in IL-13 production. ..
- Thomas W, Watkins M, Asherson G. Reaginic antibody to contact sensitizing agents. Occurrence of cells which supress IgG and not reagin responses. Immunology. 1978;35:41-7 pubmedMice painted with the contact sensitizing agent picryl chloride produce IgG and reaginic or IgE-type antibody. They concomitanly produce suppressor cells which can inhibit IgG responses of normal mice to picryl chloride...
- Tsuduki T, Kuriyama K, Nakagawa K, Miyazawa T. Tocotrienol (unsaturated vitamin E) suppresses degranulation of mast cells and reduces allergic dermatitis in mice. J Oleo Sci. 2013;62:825-34 pubmed..Allergic dermatitis was induced using picryl chloride in mice with and without administration of T3 (1 mg/day/mouse)...