Genomes and Genes
Summary: Aminobenzenesulfonic acids. Organic acids that are used in the manufacture of dyes and organic chemicals and as reagents.
- Panchaud A, Guillaume E, Affolter M, Robert F, Moreillon P, Kussmann M. Combining protein identification and quantification: C-terminal isotope-coded tagging using sulfanilic acid. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2006;20:1585-94 pubmed..Finally, the method is able to specifically identify the C-terminal peptide of a protein by using GluC as the proteolytic enzyme. ..
- Li X, Hill K, Burk R, May J. Selenium spares ascorbate and alpha-tocopherol in cultured liver cell lines under oxidant stress. FEBS Lett. 2001;508:489-92 pubmed..Whereas TR contributes little to ascorbate recycling in H4IIE cells, selenium spares ascorbate in culture and alpha-tocopherol in response to an oxidant stress. ..
- Lim C, Bay H, Aris A, Abdul Majid Z, Ibrahim Z. Biosorption and biodegradation of Acid Orange 7 by Enterococcus faecalis strain ZL: optimization by response surface methodological approach. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013;20:5056-66 pubmed publisher..This study explored the ability of E. faecalis strain ZL in decolorizing AO7 by biosorption as well as biodegradation process. ..
- May J, Qu Z, Morrow J, Cobb C. Ascorbate-dependent protection of human erythrocytes against oxidant stress generated by extracellular diazobenzene sulfonate. Biochem Pharmacol. 2000;60:47-53 pubmed
- Kale S, Priya G, Kotmale A, Gawade R, Puranik V, Rajamohanan P, et al. Orthanilic acid-promoted reverse turn formation in peptides. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:2222-4 pubmed publisher..When incorporated into peptide sequences (Xaa-(S)Ant-Yaa), this rigid aromatic ?-amino acid strongly imparts a reverse-turn conformation to the peptide backbone, featuring robust 11-membered-ring hydrogen-bonding. ..
- Mansour H, Mosrati R, Corroler D, Ghedira K, Barillier D, Chekir Ghedira L. Mutagenicity and genotoxicity of acid yellow 17 and its biodegradation products. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2009;32:222-9 pubmed publisher..The present study showed that P. putida mt-2, cultivated under aerobic conditions, was able to decolorize, and especially to detoxify, AY17. ..
- Yemashova N, Kalyuzhnyi S. Microbial conversion of selected azo dyes and their breakdown products. Water Sci Technol. 2006;53:163-71 pubmed
- Bartig D, Lemkemeier K, Frank J, Lottspeich F, Klink F. The archaebacterial hypusine-containing protein. Structural features suggest common ancestry with eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A. Eur J Biochem. 1992;204:751-8 pubmed..Together with similarities in molecular mass and intracellular localization, it may point to an analogous biochemical function...
- Singh P, Birkeland N, Iyengar L, Gurunath R. Mineralization of 4-aminobenzenesulfonate (4-ABS) by Agrobacterium sp. strain PNS-1. Biodegradation. 2006;17:495-502 pubmed..No plasmid could be detected in the Agrobacterium sp. Strain PNS-1 suggesting that 4-ABS degradative genes may be chromosomal encoded. ..
- El Ghenymy A, Arias C, Cabot P, Centellas F, Garrido J, Rodriguez R, et al. Electrochemical incineration of sulfanilic acid at a boron-doped diamond anode. Chemosphere. 2012;87:1126-33 pubmed publisher..Ionic chromatographic analysis of electrolyzed solutions revealed that the N content of sulfanilic acid was mainly released as NH(4)(+) ion and in much smaller proportion as NO(3)(-) ion. ..
- El Ghenymy A, Garcia Segura S, Rodriguez R, Brillas E, El Begrani M, Abdelouahid B. Optimization of the electro-Fenton and solar photoelectro-Fenton treatments of sulfanilic acid solutions using a pre-pilot flow plant by response surface methodology. J Hazard Mater. 2012;221-222:288-97 pubmed publisher..The quick photolysis of these complexes by UV light of sunlight explains the higher oxidation power of SPEF. NH(4)(+) was the main inorganic nitrogen ion released in both processes. ..
- Sahal D, Kannan R, Sinha A, Babbarwal V, Gnana Prakash B, Singh G, et al. Specific and instantaneous one-step chemodetection of histidine-rich proteins by Pauly's stain. Anal Biochem. 2002;308:405-8 pubmed
- Osman M, Sharaf I, Osman H, El Khouly Z, Ahmed E. Synthetic organic food colouring agents and their degraded products: effects on human and rat cholinesterases. Br J Biomed Sci. 2004;61:128-32 pubmed..The data clearly show that there is a significant decrease in enzyme activity. Sulphanilic acid and sunset yellow FCF are the most potent in vivo inhibitors of true ChE and pseudo-ChE, respectively. ..
- Adekunle A, Farah A, Pillay J, Ozoemena K, Mamba B, Agboola B. Electrocatalytic properties of prussian blue nanoparticles supported on poly(m-aminobenzenesulphonic acid)-functionalised single-walled carbon nanotubes towards the detection of dopamine. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012;95:186-94 pubmed publisher..8 nM) were obtained. Dopamine could be simultaneously detected with ascorbic acid. The electrode was found to be electrochemically stable, reusable and can be used for the analysis of DA in real drug samples. ..
- Xu Y, Wang L, Zhao L, Cui Y. Synthesis of polyaspartic acid-aminobenzenesulfonic acid grafted copolymer and its scale inhibition performance and dispersion capacity. Water Sci Technol. 2011;64:423-30 pubmed
- Chen G, Cheng K, Ginige M, Kaksonen A. Aerobic degradation of sulfanilic acid using activated sludge. Water Res. 2012;46:145-51 pubmed publisher..No apparent inhibitory effect of SA on the nitrification was noted. This work also indicates that aerobic SA biodegradation could be monitored by real-time DO measurement. ..
- Ahmed S, Owen C, James K, Patel C, Sampson L. Evidence for the mechanism of the irreversible inhibition of oestrone sulphatase (ES) by aminosulphonate based compounds. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;80:429-40 pubmed..Using the results of our SAR study, we postulate the probable mechanism for the irreversible and reversible inhibition of ES, and rationalise the role of the different physicochemical factors in the inhibition of this crucial enzyme. ..
- Huang F, Jin G, Liu Y, Kong J. Sensitive determination of phenylephrine and chlorprothixene at poly(4-aminobenzene sulfonic acid) modified glassy carbon electrode. Talanta. 2008;74:1435-41 pubmed publisher..The modified electrode was characterized by electrochemical methods. ..
- Zill A, Rutz A, Kohman R, Alkilany A, Murphy C, Kong H, et al. Clickable polyglycerol hyperbranched polymers and their application to gold nanoparticles and acid-labile nanocarriers. Chem Commun (Camb). 2011;47:1279-81 pubmed publisher..A one-step, large-scale preparation of alkyne-containing hyper-branched polyglycerols (HPG) is reported. The HPGs undergo click reactions to organic azides allowing a range of applications. ..
- Gan H, Chew T, Tay Y, Lye S, Yahya A. Genome sequence of Ralstonia sp. strain PBA, a bacterium involved in the biodegradation of 4-aminobenzenesulfonate. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:5139-40 pubmed publisher..strain PBC. Here we present the assembly and annotation of its genome, which may provide further insights into the mechanism of its interaction with strain PBC during 4-aminobenzenesulfonate degradation. ..
- Kim K, Yoon J, Lee H, Shin D, Shin K. Surface-enhanced Raman scattering of 4-aminobenzenethiol in Ag sol: relative intensity of a1- and b2-type bands invariant against aggregation of Ag nanoparticles. Langmuir. 2011;27:4526-31 pubmed publisher..The intensity ratio of the b(2)-type/7a bands would then reflect the extent of the chemical enhancement that was involved in the SERS of 4-ABT in aggregated Ag sol. ..
- Dallo F, Battistel D, Piazza R, Gabrieli J, Filippi J, Baldovini N, et al. Direct immersion solid-phase microextraction with gas chromatography and mass spectrometry for the determination of specific biomarkers of human sweat in melted snow. J Sep Sci. 2016;39:1300-9 pubmed publisher..We applied the method to environmental samples in correspondence with an olfactory target buried previously. ..
- Kim N, Lee S, Moskovits M. Aptamer-mediated surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy intensity amplification. Nano Lett. 2010;10:4181-5 pubmed publisher..Because the aptamer's geometrical change is induced by one or two molecules, while the resulting SERS intensity changes involve many reporter molecules residing in the modified hot spot, the aptamer amplifies the SERS effect. ..
- Troccaz M, Borchard G, Vuilleumier C, Raviot Derrien S, Niclass Y, Beccucci S, et al. Gender-specific differences between the concentrations of nonvolatile (R)/(S)-3-methyl-3-sulfanylhexan-1-Ol and (R)/(S)-3-hydroxy-3-methyl-hexanoic acid odor precursors in axillary secretions. Chem Senses. 2009;34:203-10 pubmed publisher..Sweat samples having the highest sulfur intensity were also found to be the most intense and the most unpleasant...
- Rahman N, Ahmad Khan N, Hejaz Azmi S. Optimized and validated spectrophotometric methods for the determination of nicorandil in drug formulations and biological fluids. Farmaco. 2004;59:519-27 pubmed..In order to establish the bias and the performance of the proposed methods, the point and interval hypothesis tests have been performed. The experimental true bias of all samples is smaller than +/-2%. ..
- Bellows D, Tyers M. Cell biology. Chemical genetics hits. Science. 2004;306:67-8 pubmed
- Rahman N, Ahmad Y, Azmi S. Selective and validated spectrophotometric methods for the determination of nicorandil in pharmaceutical formulations. AAPS J. 2004;6:e34 pubmed..The reliability and the performance of the proposed methods are established by point and interval hypothesis and through recovery studies. The experimental true bias of all samples is smaller than +/-2%. ..
- Immormino R, Kang Y, Chiosis G, Gewirth D. Structural and quantum chemical studies of 8-aryl-sulfanyl adenine class Hsp90 inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2006;49:4953-60 pubmed..The predictive nature of the calculations has allowed the exploration of additional derivatives based on the 8-aryl adenine scaffold. ..
- Hugo A, Minnaard J, Pérez P. [Evaluation of a colorimetric method for studying the interaction between microorganisms and intestinal epithelial cells]. Rev Argent Microbiol. 2003;35:188-92 pubmed..Results presented in this paper show the applicability of the colorimetric method to assess the amount of microorganisms associated to human enterocytes in culture. ..
- Polak J, Jarosz Wilkołazka A. Whole-cell fungal transformation of precursors into dyes. Microb Cell Fact. 2010;9:51 pubmed publisher..The use of immobilized fungal biomass limits free migration of cells and facilitates their reuse in a continuous system for precursor transformation. ..
- Pereira R, Pereira L, van der Zee F, Madalena Alves M. Fate of aniline and sulfanilic acid in UASB bioreactors under denitrifying conditions. Water Res. 2011;45:191-200 pubmed publisher..Denitrification activity tests suggest that biomass needed to adapt to the new coloured compounds, but after a 3 days lag phase, activity is recovered and the final (N(2) + N(2)O) is even higher than that of the control. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang J, Zhou J, Wang J. [Isolation and identification of a 4-aminobenzenesulphonate biodegrading strain and its degradation characteristics]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:1193-8 pubmed..The 84.4% TOC removal was achieved after 94.7% consumption of 4-ABS, and no aromatic intermediates were detected, referring the complete mineralization of 4-ABS by strain W1. ..
- Gan H, Shahir S, Ibrahim Z, Yahya A. Biodegradation of 4-aminobenzenesulfonate by Ralstonia sp. PBA and Hydrogenophaga sp. PBC isolated from textile wastewater treatment plant. Chemosphere. 2011;82:507-13 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to report on the characterization of 4-ABS-degrading bacterial consortium that was isolated from textile wastewater treatment plant. ..
- Zhu S, Ruppel J, Lu H, Wojtas L, Zhang X. Cobalt-catalyzed asymmetric cyclopropanation with diazosulfones: rigidification and polarization of ligand chiral environment via hydrogen bonding and cyclization. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:5042-3 pubmed publisher..In most cases, both excellent diastereo- and enantioselectivities were achieved. ..
- Liao Y, Qi H, Chen S, Jiang P, Zhou W, Deng G. Efficient 2-aryl benzothiazole formation from aryl ketones and 2-aminobenzenethiols under metal-free conditions. Org Lett. 2012;14:6004-7 pubmed publisher..DMSO played an important role in this transformation. Functional groups such as methyl, methoxy, fluoro, chloro, bromo and nitro groups were tolerated under the optimized reaction conditions. ..
- Pender C, Goldfine I, Manchem V, Evans J, Spevak W, Shi S, et al. Regulation of insulin receptor function by a small molecule insulin receptor activator. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43565-71 pubmed..These studies suggest that these types of molecules could be developed to treat type 2 diabetes and other clinical conditions associated with insulin resistance. ..
- Beharry A, Chen T, Al Abdul Wahid M, Samanta S, Davidov K, Sadovski O, et al. Quantitative analysis of the effects of photoswitchable distance constraints on the structure of a globular protein. Biochemistry. 2012;51:6421-31 pubmed..The theoretical framework is readily portable to any protein of known folded state structure and thus can be used to guide the design of photoswitchable proteins generally...
- Xu J, He H, Xu M, Qu Y. [Determination of arsanilic acid and sulfanilic acid as adulterant in feed additives by reversed-phase high performance liquid chromatography]. Se Pu. 2010;28:218-20 pubmed..20 and 0.15 mg/L for arsanilic acid and sulfanilic acid, respectively. This method is simple and rapid, and suitable for the simultaneous determination of arsanilic acid and sulfanilic acid in feed additives. ..
- Perei K, Rakhely G, Kiss I, Polyak B, Kovacs K. Biodegradation of sulfanilic acid by Pseudomonas paucimobilis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2001;55:101-7 pubmed..SDS-PAGE analysis of the crude extract revealed novel proteins appearing upon induction with sulfanilic acid and related compounds, which indicated alternative degradation mechanisms involving various inducible enzymes. ..
- Hu Y, Yang T, Wang X, Jiao K. Highly sensitive indicator-free impedance sensing of DNA hybridization based on poly(m-aminobenzenesulfonic acid)/TiO2 nanosheet membranes with pulse potentiostatic method preparation. Chemistry. 2010;16:1992-9 pubmed publisher..This is the first report for the indicator-free impedance DNA hybridization detection by using PABSA/TiO(2) membranes under neutral conditions. ..
- Starkenmann C, Niclass Y, Troccaz M, Clark A. Identification of the precursor of (S)-3-methyl-3-sulfanylhexan-1-ol, the sulfury malodour of human axilla sweat. Chem Biodivers. 2005;2:705-16 pubmed..epidermidis were less efficient in cleaving Cys-Gly-(S)-conjugate 12 to form the corresponding thiol 3. Incubation of glutathione-(S)-conjugate 11 never led to the formation of 3 under the experimental conditions employed...
- Deybach J, Da Silva V, Grandchamp B, Nordmann Y. The mitochondrial location of protoporphyrinogen oxidase. Eur J Biochem. 1985;149:431-5 pubmed
- Chang J, Knecht R. Direct analysis of the disulfide content of proteins: methods for monitoring the stability and refolding process of cystine-containing proteins. Anal Biochem. 1991;197:52-8 pubmed..Both the decrease of cystine and the recoveries of lanthionine and lysinoalanine can be simultaneously evaluated by the proposed method. Examples of these applications are presented here. ..
- Lin X, Kang G, Lu L. DNA/Poly(p-aminobenzensulfonic acid) composite bi-layer modified glassy carbon electrode for determination of dopamine and uric acid under coexistence of ascorbic acid. Bioelectrochemistry. 2007;70:235-44 pubmed..4-23 microM with a detection limit of 0.19 microM in the presence of 0.5 mM AA. The superior sensing ability was attributed to the composite nano-structure. An interaction mechanism was proposed. ..
- Rovira M, Huang W, Yusuff S, Shim J, FERRANTE A, Liu J, et al. Chemical screen identifies FDA-approved drugs and target pathways that induce precocious pancreatic endocrine differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:19264-9 pubmed publisher..Using pharmacological approaches, we have identified and characterized two unique pathways in ?-cell differentiation in the zebrafish, including down-regulation of GTP production and retinoic acid biosynthesis. ..
- Bednarik V, Vondruska M, Pruckova Z, Koutny M. Disposal of waste liquor from 2,5-dichlorodisulfanilic acid production. Environ Technol. 2007;28:1237-43 pubmed publisher..From results it follows that the proposed procedures represent efficient disposal of given liquid waste. ..
- Pan H, Feng J, Cerniglia C, Chen H. Effects of Orange II and Sudan III azo dyes and their metabolites on Staphylococcus aureus. J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2011;38:1729-38 pubmed publisher..p-Phenylenediamine exhibited a synergistic effect with 1-amino-2-naphthol on cell growth inhibition. All of the dye metabolites had no significant effects on cell viability of the bacterium. ..
- Chen X, Wang Z, Zhang F, Zhu L, Li Y, Xia Y. Determination of rutin on the poly(p-aminobenzene sulfonic acid) modified glassy carbon electrode. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2010;58:475-8 pubmed..5x10(-7)-1.0x10(-5) M with a detection limit of 1.0x10(-7) M. The proposed method has been successfully applied to the determination of compound rutin tablets with no interference from the coexisting ascorbic acid. ..
- Cui Y, Zhang H, Ma Y, Cui J. [Synthesis and identification of sulfonamides artificial antigen]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2009;38:729-32 pubmed..The structure of N-sulfanil-4-aminobutyric acid was correct. The artificial antigen was prepared. Antigens was acquired successfully. ..
- Wang Y, Zhang J, Zhou J, Hou Y, Zhou M, Li J. [Kinetics and mechanism of 4-aminobenzenesulphonate biodegradation]. Huan Jing Ke Xue. 2009;30:2136-41 pubmed..The degradation of other substituted benzenes by strain W1 were detected, and the metabolic pathway of 4-ABS degradation was proposed. ..
- Mu Y, Rabaey K, Rozendal R, Yuan Z, Keller J. Decolorization of azo dyes in bioelectrochemical systems. Environ Sci Technol. 2009;43:5137-43 pubmed