Genomes and Genes
Summary: Organic compounds that contain two nitro groups attached to a phenol.
- Espinosa Mansilla A, Madera A, Salinas F. Use of a stopped-flow pneumatic mixing module to analyze dinitrophenol pesticides. Simultaneous determination of dinoseb and dinobuton. J Agric Food Chem. 1999;47:1976-80 pubmed..Also, the procedure has been tested in the analysis of a commercial formulation of dinobuton and the results validated with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). ..
- Mihara M, Koishihara Y, Fukui H, Yasukawa K, Ohsugi Y. Murine anti-human IL-6 monoclonal antibody prolongs the half-life in circulating blood and thus prolongs the bioactivity of human IL-6 in mice. Immunology. 1991;74:55-9 pubmed..These results indicate that MH166 prolongs half-life of a xenogeneic hIL-6. ..
- Okumura K, Tada T, Ochiai T. Effect of antithymocyte serum on reaginic antibody formation in the rat. Immunology. 1974;26:257-68 pubmed
- Nazli A, Yang P, Jury J, Howe K, Watson J, Soderholm J, et al. Epithelia under metabolic stress perceive commensal bacteria as a threat. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:947-57 pubmed..Such responses could precipitate an inflammatory episode and contribute to existing enteric inflammatory disorders. ..
- Burke R, Pun S. Extracellular barriers to in Vivo PEI and PEGylated PEI polyplex-mediated gene delivery to the liver. Bioconjug Chem. 2008;19:693-704 pubmed publisher..Through this work, both the blood and the extracellular matrix have been determined to be significant extracellular barriers to polyplex-mediated in vivo gene delivery to the liver. ..
- Hundley T, Prasad A, Beaven M. Elevated levels of cyclooxygenase-2 in antigen-stimulated mast cells is associated with minimal activation of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase. J Immunol. 2001;167:1629-36 pubmed
- Galeano Díaz T, Guiberteau Cabanillas A, Mora Diez N, Parrilla Vázquez P, Salinas López F. Rapid and sensitive determination of 4-nitrophenol, 3-methyl-4-nitrophenol, 4,6-dinitro-o-cresol, parathion-methyl, fenitrothion, and parathion-ethyl by liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection. J Agric Food Chem. 2000;48:4508-13 pubmed..5 ppb in a river water sample, and their relative standard deviations were between 1 and 15%. The detection limits of these compounds ranged between 0.05 and 0.14 ppb. ..
- Lee H, Park C, Lee Y, Suk H, Clemons T, Choi O. Antigen-induced Ca2+ mobilization in RBL-2H3 cells: role of I(1,4,5)P3 and S1P and necessity of I(1,4,5)P3 production. Cell Calcium. 2005;38:581-92 pubmed..Our results suggest that both IP3 and S1P contribute to FcvarepsilonRI-induced Ca2+ release from the ER and production of IP3 is necessary for S1P to cause Ca2+ mobilization from the ER. ..
- Lezamiz J, Jönsson J. Development of a simple hollow fibre supported liquid membrane extraction method to extract and preconcentrate dinitrophenols in environmental samples at ng L(-1) level by liquid chromatography. J Chromatogr A. 2007;1152:226-33 pubmed..liquid membrane method (HFSLM) has been developed to extract and determinate the total concentration of four dinitrophenols in environmental water at ng L(-1) level...
- Petrovic M, Dekanski D, Isakovic A, Scepanovic L, Mitrovic D. Mechanism of 3-deazaguanine transport in the rat heart. Acta Physiol Hung. 2006;93:293-301 pubmed
- Wellehan J, Green L, Duke D, Bootorabi S, Heard D, Klein P, et al. Detection of specific antibody responses to vaccination in variable flying foxes (Pteropus hypomelanus). Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;32:379-94 pubmed publisher..Monoclonal antibodies developed in this study recognized immunoglobulins from other members of the genus Pteropus well, and may be useful in applications where specific detection of Pteropus IgG is needed. ..
- Misawa M, Sugiyama Y. An airway hyperresponsiveness model in rat allergic asthma. Arerugi. 1993;42:107-14 pubmed..From the above results, it is indicated that a model of airway hyperresponsiveness was established in rats with allergic asthma, and that the chemical mediators involved in the response might be leukotrienes, thromboxane A2 and PAF. ..
- Matsumoto M, Hirose A, Ema M. Review of testicular toxicity of dinitrophenolic compounds, 2-sec-butyl-4,6-dinitrophenol, 4,6-dinitro-o-cresol and 2,4-dinitrophenol. Reprod Toxicol. 2008;26:185-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies in laboratory animals with nitrophenolic compounds are required for clarification of their testicular toxicity and for risk assessment in humans. ..
- Nordlund M, Fermer C, Nilsson O, Warren D, Paus E. Production and Characterization of Monoclonal Antibodies for Immunoassay of the Lung Cancer Marker proGRP. Tumour Biol. 2007;28:100-10 pubmed..Consensus sequences were obtained for MAbs E146, E149 and E168. The binding kinetics of the MAbs was determined by surface plasmon resonance, and a time-resolved immunofluorometric assay was established. ..
- Yamaki K, Taneda S, Yanagisawa R, Inoue K, Takano H, Yoshino S. Enhancement of allergic responses in vivo and in vitro by butylated hydroxytoluene. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2007;223:164-72 pubmed
- Puri N, Roche P. Ternary SNARE complexes are enriched in lipid rafts during mast cell exocytosis. Traffic. 2006;7:1482-94 pubmed
- Perchet G, Merlina G, Revel J, Hafidi M, Richard C, Pinelli E. Evaluation of a TiO2 photocatalysis treatment on nitrophenols and nitramines contaminated plant wastewaters by solid-phase extraction coupled with ESI HPLC-MS. J Hazard Mater. 2009;166:284-90 pubmed publisher..SPE) combined with HPLC ESI MS/MS was put in work for identification and titration of RDX, HMX and the two dinitrophenols in a complex natural matrix. Then, the UV/TiO2 treatment was investigated for pollutants removal...
- Yi Y, Ayala López W, Kularatne S, Low P. Folate-targeted hapten immunotherapy of adjuvant-induced arthritis: comparison of hapten potencies. Mol Pharm. 2009;6:1228-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that both folate-TNP and folate-FITC constitute promising haptens for use in FR-targeted immunotherapy of arthritis. ..
- White S, Tuttle F, Blankenhorn D, Dosch D, Slonczewski J. pH dependence and gene structure of inaA in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1992;174:1537-43 pubmed..Induction of inaA appears to involve several factors in addition to internal pH. inaR may be related to the nearby locus marA/soxQ, which is inducible by acidic benzyl derivatives. ..
- Hodgson D, Zingman L, Kane G, Perez Terzic C, Bienengraeber M, Ozcan C, et al. Cellular remodeling in heart failure disrupts K(ATP) channel-dependent stress tolerance. EMBO J. 2003;22:1732-42 pubmed..Thus, disease-induced K(ATP) channel metabolic dysregulation is a contributor to the pathobiology of heart failure, illustrating a mechanism for acquired channelopathy. ..
- Lee R, Oliver J. Roles for Ca2+ stores release and two Ca2+ influx pathways in the Fc epsilon R1-activated Ca2+ responses of RBL-2H3 mast cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:825-39 pubmed..The existence of both capacitative entry and Ca2+ influx that can precede Ca2+ release from intracellular stores suggests that at least two mechanisms of stimulated Ca2+ influx are present in RBL-2H3 cells. ..
- Dozmorov I, Saban M, Knowlton N, Centola M, Saban R. Connective molecular pathways of experimental bladder inflammation. Physiol Genomics. 2003;15:209-22 pubmed..The significance of these processes was tested from both biological and statistical viewpoints. We propose that connective mosaic may represent the necessary simplification step to visualize cDNA array results. ..
- Seo M, Yamagiwa T, Kobayashi R, Ikeda K, Satoh M, Inagaki N, et al. A small amount of tetrachloroethylene ingestion from drinking water accelerates antigen-stimulated allergic responses. Immunobiology. 2008;213:663-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the intake of PCE in drinking water, even at a low concentration, leads to the initiation and acceleration of allergic diseases. ..
- Arner E. Superoxide production by dinitrophenyl-derivatized thioredoxin reductase--a model for the mechanism and correlation to immunostimulation by dinitrohalobenzenes. Biofactors. 1999;10:219-26 pubmed
- Khodorov B, Storozhevykh T, Surin A, Iuriavichus A, Sorokina E, Borodin A, et al. [The leading role of mitochondrial depolarization in the mechanism of glutamate-induced disorder in Ca(2+)-homeostasis]. Ross Fiziol Zh Im I M Sechenova. 2001;87:459-67 pubmed
- Holmgren A. Thioredoxin. 6. The amino acid sequence of the protein from escherichia coli B. Eur J Biochem. 1968;6:475-84 pubmed
- Oka T, Fujimoto M, Nagasaka R, Ushio H, Hori M, Ozaki H. Cycloartenyl ferulate, a component of rice bran oil-derived gamma-oryzanol, attenuates mast cell degranulation. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:152-6 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that CAF captures IgE, prevents it from binding to FcepsilonRI, and attenuates mast cell degranulation. ..
- Hansburg D, Briles D, Davie J. Analysis of the diversity of murine antibodies to dextran B1355. I. Generation of a larger, pauci-clonal response by a bacterial vaccine. J Immunol. 1976;117:569-75 pubmed..This antiserum demonstrated that some, but not all, of the 7S and 19S anti-dextran antibodies possessed variable region determinants cross-reactive with M104. ..
- Stephens R, Chaplin D. IgE cross-linking or lipopolysaccharide treatment induces recruitment of Th2 cells to the lung in the absence of specific antigen. J Immunol. 2002;169:5468-76 pubmed..They demonstrate further that recruitment can occur independently of Ag-dependent activation. ..
- Lock B, Green L, Jacobson E, Klein P. Use of an ELISA for detection of antibody responses in Argentine boa constrictors (Boa constrictor occidentalis). Am J Vet Res. 2003;64:388-95 pubmed..Polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies recognized boa constrictor immunoglobulin. These antibodies may be useful in serologic tests to determine exposure of snakes to pathogens. ..
- D Andrea M, Saban M, Nguyen N, Andrade Gordon P, Saban R. Expression of protease-activated receptor-1, -2, -3, and -4 in control and experimentally inflamed mouse bladder. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:907-23 pubmed..It is timely to understand the role of tryptase signaling and PARs in the context of bladder biology. ..
- Itagaki E, Hager L. The amino acid sequence of cytochrome b562 of Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1968;32:1013-9 pubmed
- Kim J, Jiang J, Shim D, Kwon S, Kim T, Ye S, et al. Anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects of Agrimonia pilosa Ledeb extract on murine cell lines and OVA-induced airway inflammation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;140:213-21 pubmed publisher..Agrimonia pilosa Ledeb (Rosaceae, AP) has long been used as a traditional medicine in Korea and other Asian countries to treat various diseases...
- Magerl M, Lammel V, Siebenhaar F, Zuberbier T, Metz M, Maurer M. Non-pathogenic commensal Escherichia coli bacteria can inhibit degranulation of mast cells. Exp Dermatol. 2008;17:427-35 pubmed publisher..coli bacteria can function as a strong, direct inhibitor of MC degranulation. This suggests a possible basis for future antiallergic treatment or prophylaxis with commensal bacteria, i.e. probiotics. ..
- Stratford M, Anslow P. Comparison of the inhibitory action on Saccharomyces cerevisiae of weak-acid preservatives, uncouplers, and medium-chain fatty acids. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1996;142:53-8 pubmed..The possibility is discussed as to whether weak-acid preservatives and uncouplers share common modes of inhibition. ..
- Bochkareva E, Girshovich A, Bibi E. Identification and characterization of the Escherichia coli stress protein UP12, a putative in vivo substrate of GroEL. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3032-40 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that UP12 may function as a universal stress protein, interaction of which with GroEL possibly ensures its proper folding state. ..
- Blaikie F, Brown S, Samuelsson L, Brand M, Smith R, Murphy M. Targeting dinitrophenol to mitochondria: limitations to the development of a self-limiting mitochondrial protonophore. Biosci Rep. 2006;26:231-43 pubmed..Therefore MitoDNP did not act as a protonophore, probably because the efflux of deprotonated MitoDNP was inhibited. ..
- Bhaskar K, Pavankumar Shetty A, Shareef M, Ramamohan Y, Taranath Shetty K. Dinitrophenol derivatization of proteolytic products and its application in the assay of protease(s) activity. J Neurosci Methods. 2002;120:155-61 pubmed..The proposed method to monitor the increase in NH(2)-end groups as a function of proteolytic activity could be employed to assay the activity of proteases. ..
- Lubbad I, Mayinda J, Chatelut M, Vittori O. Rapid determination of mono and dinitrophenols by DPP, in the presence of lead and cadmium and using concentrated CaCl2 electrolyte. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2004;380:551-5 pubmed..Preconcentration of real samples is necessary because pollution levels are usually very low. ..
- Tempelman L, Hammer D. Receptor-mediated binding of IgE-sensitized rat basophilic leukemia cells to antigen-coated substrates under hydrodynamic flow. Biophys J. 1994;66:1231-43 pubmed..In fact, adhesion increases with increasing receptor-ligand reaction rate or decreasing shear rate, and scales with a single dimensionless parameter which compares the relative rates of reaction to fluid shear. ..
- Chentoufi A, Nizet Y, Havaux X, Nisol F, Bazin H, Latinne D. B-Cell suppression in adult mice injected with anti-delta followed by anti-mu mAb. Cell Immunol. 2000;205:40-51 pubmed..These results support the potential use of sequential injections of anti-delta and anti-mu in the prevention of xenograft rejection. ..
- Deng Z, Zink T, Chen H, Walters D, Liu F, Liu G. Impact of actin rearrangement and degranulation on the membrane structure of primary mast cells: a combined atomic force and laser scanning confocal microscopy investigation. Biophys J. 2009;96:1629-39 pubmed publisher..This work provides what we believe is important new insight into the local membrane structures in correlation with the cytoskeleton arrangement and detailed degranulation processes. ..
- Gomez Niño A, Obeso A, Baranda J, Santo Domingo J, Lopez Lopez J, Gonzalez C. MaxiK potassium channels in the function of chemoreceptor cells of the rat carotid body. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C715-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest that full inhibition of this channel is required to generate the spiking behavior of the cells in acute hypoxia. ..
- Rehfuss A, Schuler C, Maxemous C, Leggett R, Levin R. Cyclical estrogen and free radical damage to the rabbit urinary bladder. Int Urogynecol J. 2010;21:489-94 pubmed publisher..The decreased blood flow associated with increased oxidative damage demonstrates that cyclical damage to cellular membranes occurs. This supports the hypothesis that cycling estrogen may play a role in the etiology of LUTD of women. ..
- Huang C, Huang C, Wu S. The opening effect of pregabalin on ATP-sensitive potassium channels in differentiated hippocampal neuron-derived H19-7 cells. Epilepsia. 2006;47:720-6 pubmed..04 to 5.62 +/- 0.04 ms). This study suggests that in differentiated hippocampal neuron-derived H19-7 cells, the opening effect on KATP channels could be one of the underlying mechanisms of PGB in the reduction of neuronal excitability. ..
- Wu D, Beyenbach K. The dependence of electrical transport pathways in Malpighian tubules on ATP. J Exp Biol. 2003;206:233-43 pubmed..Intracellular K(+) homeostasis is thus protected during metabolic inhibition, allowing the cell to re-establish K(+) transport when ATP is synthesized again...
- Kumanogoh A, Marukawa S, Kumanogoh T, Hirota H, Lee I, Yasui T, et al. Impairment of antigen-specific antibody production in transgenic mice expressing a dominant-negative form of gp130. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:2478-82 pubmed..These results demonstrate in vivo that gp130 is essential for antigen-specific antibody production. ..
- Ju C. The role of haptic macrophages in regulation of idiosyncratic drug reactions. Toxicol Pathol. 2009;37:12-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that KCs may play a critical role in regulating immune reactions within the liver and contributing to liver-mediated systemic immune tolerance. ..
- Okatani Y, Wakatsuki A, Reiter R, Miyahara Y. Hepatic mitochondrial dysfunction in senescence-accelerated mice: correction by long-term, orally administered physiological levels of melatonin. J Pineal Res. 2002;33:127-33 pubmed..The implication of the findings is that melatonin may be beneficial during aging as it reduces the deteriorative oxidative changes in mitochondria and other portions of the cell associated with advanced age. ..
- Patel M, Vadlapatla R, Pal D, Mitra A. Molecular and functional characterization of riboflavin specific transport system in rat brain capillary endothelial cells. Brain Res. 2012;1468:1-10 pubmed publisher..This transporter can be utilized for targeted delivery in enhancing brain permeation of highly potent drugs on systemic administration. ..