Genomes and Genes
Summary: BENZENE derivatives carrying nitro group substituents.
- Yao M, Lam E, Kelly C, Zhou W, Wolfe M. Cyclooxygenase-2 selective inhibition with NS-398 suppresses proliferation and invasiveness and delays liver metastasis in colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:712-9 pubmed..Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibition suppresses tumour cell growth and invasion/migration, and retards liver metastasis in a mouse colon cancer model, via multiple cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..
- Niazi A, Jameh Bozorghi S, Nori Shargh D. Prediction of toxicity of nitrobenzenes using ab initio and least squares support vector machines. J Hazard Mater. 2008;151:603-9 pubmed..structure-property relationship (QSPR) study is suggested for the prediction of toxicity (IGC50) of nitrobenzenes. Ab initio theory was used to calculate some quantum chemical descriptors including electrostatic potentials ..
- Banu N, Buda A, Chell S, Elder D, Moorghen M, Paraskeva C, et al. Inhibition of COX-2 with NS-398 decreases colon cancer cell motility through blocking epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation: possibilities for combination therapy. Cell Prolif. 2007;40:768-79 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that the combined use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with EGFR antagonists could be explored further for future use in the clinic. ..
- Zhao S, Ramette A, Niu G, Liu H, Zhou N. Effects of nitrobenzene contamination and of bioaugmentation on nitrification and ammonia-oxidizing bacteria in soil. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2009;70:159-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, P. putida ZWL73 shows promising abilities for effective removal of nitrobenzene and for attenuating the negative effects of nitrobenzene contamination on soil functioning. ..
- Nishikawa M, Stapleton P, Freeman T, Gaughan J, Matsuda T, Daly J. NS-398 inhibits tumor growth and liver metastasis of colon cancer through induction of apoptosis and suppression of the plasminogen activation system in a mouse model. J Am Coll Surg. 2004;199:428-35 pubmed..05). COX-2 inhibition significantly decreases tumor growth in this model by inducing apoptosis and blocking u-PA production in G5 colon cancer cells, which is associated with significant inhibition of liver metastases. ..
- Han J, Roh M, Park C, Park K, Cho K, Kim K, et al. Selective COX-2 inhibitor, NS-398, inhibits the replicative senescence of cultured dermal fibroblasts. Mech Ageing Dev. 2004;125:359-66 pubmed..These results suggest that the increased level of COX-2 and higher level of PGE(2) in aged cells may play an important role in cellular senescence, and that selective COX-2 inhibitors may be useful for the intervention of skin aging. ..
- Zdanov S, Bernard D, Debacq Chainiaux F, Martien S, Gosselin K, Vercamer C, et al. Normal or stress-induced fibroblast senescence involves COX-2 activity. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:3046-56 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that COX-2 is highly up-regulated during both normal and stress-induced fibroblast senescence and contributes to the establishment of the senescent characteristics. ..
- Li D, Yang M, Li Z, Qi R, He J, Liu H. Change of bacterial communities in sediments along Songhua River in Northeastern China after a nitrobenzene pollution event. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2008;65:494-503 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that these latter two groups of bacteria may play potential roles in degradation and detoxification of nitrobenzene in the present contaminated river environments. ..
- Shen W, Li Y, Tang Y, Cummins J, Huard J. NS-398, a cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitor, delays skeletal muscle healing by decreasing regeneration and promoting fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:1105-17 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the use of cyclooxygenase-2-specific inhibitors to treat skeletal muscle injuries warrants caution because they may interfere with muscle healing. ..
- Parales R, Huang R, Yu C, Parales J, Lee F, Lessner D, et al. Purification, characterization, and crystallization of the components of the nitrobenzene and 2-nitrotoluene dioxygenase enzyme systems. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2005;71:3806-14 pubmed..The specificity constants were 7.0 muM(-1) min(-1) for 2NT and 1.2 muM(-1) min(-1) for naphthalene, indicating that the enzyme is more efficient with 2NT as a substrate. Diffraction-quality crystals of the two oxygenases were obtained...
- Gao J, Niwa K, Takemura M, Sun W, Onogi K, Wu Y, et al. Significant anti-proliferation of human endometrial cancer cells by combined treatment with a selective COX-2 inhibitor NS398 and specific MEK inhibitor U0126. Int J Oncol. 2005;26:737-44 pubmed
- Ju K, Parales R. Control of substrate specificity by active-site residues in nitrobenzene dioxygenase. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1817-24 pubmed..Compared to the wild type, the F293Q mutant was 2.5 times faster at oxidizing 2,6-dinitrotoluene while retaining a similar Km for the substrate based on product formation rates and whole-cell kinetics...
- Wu J, Jiang C, Wang B, Ma Y, Liu Z, Liu S. Novel partial reductive pathway for 4-chloronitrobenzene and nitrobenzene degradation in Comamonas sp. strain CNB-1. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:1759-65 pubmed..It was proposed that CnbH might represent a novel type of deaminase and be involved in a novel partial reductive pathway for chloronitrobenzene or nitrobenzene degradation...
- Huang S, Wu M, Shun C, Wang H, Hsieh C, Kuo M, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 increases hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and vascular endothelial growth factor to promote angiogenesis in gastric carcinoma. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:229-41 pubmed..Our work supports the COX-2/PGE2/HIF-1alpha/VEGF pathway possibly contributing to tumor angiogenesis in GC. ..
- Alvarez Y, Briones A, Balfagon G, Alonso M, Salaices M. Hypertension increases the participation of vasoconstrictor prostanoids from cyclooxygenase-2 in phenylephrine responses. J Hypertens. 2005;23:767-77 pubmed..PGF2alpha and 8-isoprostane seem to be involved in the response to phenylephrine in rat aorta; this involvement is greater in hypertensive rats, probably due to a higher endothelial induction of cyclooxygenase-2. ..
- Liu H, Wang S, Zhou N. A new isolate of Pseudomonas stutzerithat degrades 2-chloronitrobenzene. Biotechnol Lett. 2005;27:275-8 pubmed..5 mM 2-chloronitrobenzene. PCR amplification and DNA sequencing revealed a DNA fragment encoding a polypeptide homologous to the alpha-subunit of ring-hydroxylating dioxygenases. ..
- Kim S, Park J, Lee M, Park J, Park S, Han J. Selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate cellular senescence in human dermal fibroblasts in a catalytic activity-independent manner. Mech Ageing Dev. 2008;129:706-13 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that COX-2 catalytic activity does not mediate HDF senescence and that selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate HDF senescence by a catalytic activity-independent mechanism. ..
- Li B, Li Y, Li X, Shi B, He M, Zhu X, et al. COX-2 inhibition improves immune system homeostasis and decreases liver damage in septic rats. J Surg Res. 2009;157:43-7 pubmed publisher..Septic rats given the COX-2 inhibitor NS-398 showed amelioration of cytokine and cellular immunologic imbalances and decreased liver injury. ..
- Zhong H, Willard M, Simons J. NS398 reduces hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF)-1alpha and HIF-1 activity: multiple-level effects involving cyclooxygenase-2 dependent and independent mechanisms. Int J Cancer. 2004;112:585-95 pubmed..These data not only confirm the inhibitory effect of NS398 on HIF-1alpha and HIF-1 transcriptional activity but also demonstrate that such an effect occurs at multiple levels involving both COX-2 dependent and independent mechanisms. ..
- Baek J, Hur W, Wang J, Bae S, Yoon S. Selective COX-2 inhibitor, NS-398, suppresses cellular proliferation in human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines via cell cycle arrest. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:1175-81 pubmed..NS-398 reduces cell proliferation by inducing cell cycle arrest in HepG2 and Huh7 cell lines, and COX-2 inhibitors may have potent chemoprevention effects on human hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Alvarez Micó X, Calvete M, Hanack M, Ziegler T. A new glycosidation method through nitrite displacement on substituted nitrobenzenes. Carbohydr Res. 2007;342:440-7 pubmed..1-OH and 1-SH glycoses in the glucose, glucosamine, galactose, mannose, and lactose series react with nitrobenzenes activated by one or two electron withdrawing substituents like nitro and cyano to afford the corresponding ..
- Friemann R, Ivkovic Jensen M, Lessner D, Yu C, Gibson D, Parales R, et al. Structural insight into the dioxygenation of nitroarene compounds: the crystal structure of nitrobenzene dioxygenase. J Mol Biol. 2005;348:1139-51 pubmed
- Matsumoto M, Aiso S, Senoh H, Yamazaki K, Arito H, Nagano K, et al. Carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity of para-chloronitrobenzene in rats and mice by two-year feeding. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2006;25:571-84 pubmed..Causative factors of p-CNB-induced carcinogenicity and chronic toxicity are discussed in light of the subchronic and chronic hematotoxicity reported in our present and previous studies and in the literature. ..
- Houmam A, Hamed E. Application of the dissociative electron transfer theory and its extension to the case of in-cage interactions in the electrochemical reduction of arene sulfonyl chlorides. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2012;14:113-24 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of an autocatalytic process and the existence of the radical/anion interaction may explain the differences previously observed in the reduction of these compounds in different media. ..
- Ye M, Chen Z, Zhang T, Shao W. Effect of calcination temperature on the catalytic activity of nanosized TiO(2) for ozonation of trace 4-chloronitrobenzene. Water Sci Technol. 2012;66:479-86 pubmed publisher..0, farthest away from the 4-CNB solution pH value (pH = 5.3), showed the best catalytic activity. The EPR experiments further confirmed that the hydroxyl radicals TiO(2)-catalyzed ozonation followed a radical-type mechanism. ..
- Järvelä J, Ruohonen S, Kukko Lukjanov T, Plysjuk A, Lopez Picon F, Holopainen I. Kainic acid-induced neurodegeneration and activation of inflammatory processes in organotypic hippocampal slice cultures: treatment with cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor does not prevent neuronal death. Neuropharmacology. 2011;60:1116-25 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Trends in neuropharmacology: in memory of Erminio Costa'. ..
- Karmakar P, Talan R, Sucheck S. Mixed-phase synthesis of glycopeptides using a N-peptidyl-2,4-dinitrobenzenesulfonamide-thioacid ligation strategy. Org Lett. 2011;13:5298-301 pubmed publisher..The resulting N-dDNBS peptides were coupled to generate longer peptides. Ligation reactions were complete within 15 to 20 min. ..
- Dorostkar Ahmadi N, Bakavoli M, Moeinpour F, Davoodnia A. Investigation into the regiochemistry of some isoxazoles derived from 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of 4-nitrobenzonitrile oxide with some dipolarophiles: a combined theoretical and experimental studies. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2011;79:1375-80 pubmed publisher..The theoretical 13C NMR chemical shifts of the cycloadducts which were obtained by GIAO method were comparable with the observed values. ..
- Badeen C, Turcotte R, Hobenshield E, Berretta S. Thermal hazard assessment of nitrobenzene/dinitrobenzene mixtures. J Hazard Mater. 2011;188:52-7 pubmed publisher..Analysis of ARC data indicates that short-term exposure of nitrobenzene mixtures containing up to 20 mass% dinitrobenzene to temperatures up to 208 °C should not pose a serious runaway reaction hazard. ..
- Tunctan B, Korkmaz B, Cuez T, Kemal Buharalioglu C, Sahan Firat S, Falck J, et al. Contribution of vasoactive eicosanoids and nitric oxide production to the effect of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor, NS-398, on endotoxin-induced hypotension in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2010;107:877-82 pubmed publisher
- Isayev O, Crespo Hernandez C, Gorb L, Hill F, Leszczynski J. In silico structure-function analysis of E. cloacae nitroreductase. Proteins. 2012;80:2728-41 pubmed publisher..Five regions which are highly conserved within the flavin mononucleotide (FMN) binding site were identified. Obtained results and their implications for EcNR functioning are discussed, and new plausible mechanism has been proposed. ..
- Li W, Zhou P, Zhang Y, He L. Houttuynia cordata, a novel and selective COX-2 inhibitor with anti-inflammatory activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;133:922-7 pubmed publisher..HC works by a mechanism of action similar to that of NSAIDs. These results add a novel aspect to the biological profile of HC. ..
- Kubota H, Sasaki S, Kubota Y, Umemoto Y, Yanai Y, Tozawa K, et al. Cyclooxygenase-2 protects germ cells against spermatogenesis disturbance in experimental cryptorchidism model mice. J Androl. 2011;32:77-85 pubmed publisher..The expression of COX-2 might be induced to protect germ cells from heat stress caused by experimental cryptorchidism...
- Carreon T, Hein M, Hanley K, Viet S, Ruder A. Bladder cancer incidence among workers exposed to o-toluidine, aniline and nitrobenzene at a rubber chemical manufacturing plant. Occup Environ Med. 2014;71:175-82 pubmed publisher..Despite other concurrent chemical exposures, we consider o-toluidine most likely responsible for the bladder cancer incidence elevation and recommend a re-examination of occupational exposure limits. ..
- Gao Y, Duan Y. Increased COX2 in the trigeminal nucleus caudalis is involved in orofacial pain induced by experimental tooth movement. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2010;293:485-91 pubmed publisher..All these results suggested that increased COX2 in Vc was involved in tooth movement pain and thus may be a central target for orthodontic pain treatment. ..
- Liu N, Li H, Ding F, Xiu Z, Liu P, Yu Y. Analysis of biodegradation by-products of nitrobenzene and aniline mixture by a cold-tolerant microbial consortium. J Hazard Mater. 2013;260:323-9 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report confirming the by-products of NB and AN mixture biodegradation by a cold-tolerant microbial consortium. ..
- Tognetti V, Morell C, Ayers P, Joubert L, Chermette H. A proposal for an extended dual descriptor: a possible solution when Frontier Molecular Orbital Theory fails. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013;15:14465-75 pubmed publisher..It has been found that this extension of the dual descriptor can handle tricky cases, such as nitrobenzene or isoquinoline, for which Frontier Molecular Orbital Theory fails. ..
- Kannoujia D, Kumar S, Nahar P. Covalent immobilization of ascorbate oxidase onto polycarbonate strip for L-ascorbic acid detection. J Biosci Bioeng. 2012;114:402-4 pubmed publisher..Covalent attachment of ascorbate oxidase was confirmed by XPS studies. The immobilized-ascorbate oxidase shows higher pH, thermal and storage stability in comparison to free enzyme. ..
- Xu X, Shao J, Li M, Gao K, Jin J, Zhu L. Reductive Transformation of p-chloronitrobenzene in the upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor coupled with microbial electrolysis cell: performance and microbial community. Bioresour Technol. 2016;218:1037-45 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated that MEC-UASB coupled system had a promising application prospect to remove the recalcitrant pollutants effectively. ..
- Gardner A, Wang J, Wu W, Karouby J, Li H, Stupi B, et al. Rapid incorporation kinetics and improved fidelity of a novel class of 3'-OH unblocked reversible terminators. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:7404-15 pubmed publisher..These studies highlight the importance of structure-function relationships of modified nucleotides in dictating polymerase performance. ..
- Verma S, Kumar M, Nerurkar V. Cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor blocks the production of West Nile virus-induced neuroinflammatory markers in astrocytes. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:507-15 pubmed publisher..The ability of COX-2 inhibitors to modulate WNV-induced COX-2 and PGE2 signalling warrants further investigation in an animal model as a potential approach for clinical management of neuroinflammation associated with WNVE...
- Mingorance C, de Sotomayor M, Marhuenda E, Herrera M. Chronic treatment with the cannabinoid 1 antagonist rimonabant altered vasoactive cyclo-oxygenase-derived products on arteries from obese Zucker rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2010;56:560-9 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a crosstalk among cannabinoids and cyclo-oxygenase-derived products in the vasculature of obese animals. ..
- Hasse U, Palm G, Hinrichs W, Schafer J, Scholz F. The growth of single crystal silver wires at the nitrobenzene|water interface. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2011;13:12254-60 pubmed publisher..AFM, SEM, light microscopy and single crystal X-ray diffraction has been applied to study the morphology of the silver nuclei and wires. ..
- Dong J, Zhao Y, Zhao R, Zhou R. Effects of pH and particle size on kinetics of nitrobenzene reduction by zero-valent iron. J Environ Sci (China). 2010;22:1741-7 pubmed..Therefore, use of ZVI based permeable reactive barrier technology to remedy nitrobenzene contaminated groundwater was feasible. ..
- Lai Y, Wu C, Lee Y, Chang H, Liu T, Hung S. Stimulatory effects of areca nut extracts on prostaglandin E2 production by human polymorphonuclear leukocytes. J Periodontol. 2010;81:758-66 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that areca nut chewing may induce an inflammatory response and affect the periodontal health of consumers. ..
- Mo M, Han L, Lv J, Zhu Y, Peng L, Guo X, et al. Noncrystalline NiPB nanotubes for hydrogenation of p-chloronitrobenzene. Chem Commun (Camb). 2010;46:2268-70 pubmed publisher..High quality noncrystalline NiPB nanotubes were synthesized and exhibited high efficiency for the catalytic hydrogenation of p-chloronitrobenzene due to the characteristic confinement effect of the nanotubes. ..