Summary: Organic compounds derived from BENZENE.
- Shibata H, Yamakoshi H, Sato A, Ohori H, Kakudo Y, Kudo C, et al. Newly synthesized curcumin analog has improved potential to prevent colorectal carcinogenesis in vivo. Cancer Sci. 2009;100:956-60 pubmed..It was demonstrated that the number of beta-catenin-positive adenoma cells in Apc(580D/+) mice fed GO-Y030 was reduced. ..
- Ye D, Liu W, Zhang D, Feng E, Jiang H, Liu H. Efficient dehydrative sialylation of C-4-aminated sialyl-hemiketal donors with Ph2SO/Tf2O. J Org Chem. 2009;74:1733-5 pubmed publisher..By using a C-4-hindered non-nucleophilic amine auxiliary, excellent yields and high alpha-stereoselectivities were obtained for coupling with a wide range of primary and secondary acceptors. ..
- Parra M, Elustondo D, Bermejo R, Santamaria J. Ambient air levels of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in a medium size city in Northern Spain. Sci Total Environ. 2009;407:999-1009 pubmed publisher..The lowest levels of VOC and NO2 occurred during summer, owing to the increase in solar radiation and to lower traffic densities. Mean concentrations of benzene and NO2 exceeded the European limits at some of the monitored points. ..
- Fratev F, Benfenati E. A combination of 3D-QSAR, docking, local-binding energy (LBE) and GRID study of the species differences in the carcinogenicity of benzene derivatives chemicals. J Mol Graph Model. 2008;27:147-60 pubmed publisher..and GRID methods was applied as a tool to study and predict the mechanism of action of 100 carcinogenic benzene derivatives. Two 3D-QSAR models were obtained: (i) model of mouse carcinogenicity on the basis of 100 chemicals (model ..
- Colquhoun T, Clark D. Unraveling the regulation of floral fragrance biosynthesis. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:378-81 pubmed publisher..The molecular puzzle is not complete, since the functions of the few FVBP transcription factors identified to date do not fully explain the transcriptional regulation of the entire gene network. ..
- Roy S, Hardej D. Tellurium tetrachloride and diphenyl ditelluride cause cytotoxicity in rat hippocampal astrocytes. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011;49:2564-74 pubmed publisher..We conclude that DPDT and TeCl(4) are cytotoxic to astrocytes. TeCl(4) treated cells die via the intrinsic apoptotic pathway. Accumulation of tellurium occurs with both compounds, but results in different mechanisms of cell death. ..
- Raorane D, Lim S, Majumdar A. Nanomechanical assay to investigate the selectivity of binding interactions between volatile benzene derivatives. Nano Lett. 2008;8:2229-35 pubmed publisher..Differential nanomechanical responses of such devices provided insight into the influence of various chemical and structural features of such molecules. ..
- Lugokenski T, Müller L, Taube P, Rocha J, Pereira M. Inhibitory effect of ebselen on lactate dehydrogenase activity from mammals: a comparative study with diphenyl diselenide and diphenyl ditelluride. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2011;34:66-76 pubmed publisher..Our results also indicate that the use of LDH, as a marker of cell viability, may be biased by a direct inhibitory effect of ebselen or other chalcogenides on LDH, resulting in false protection in an in vitro system. ..
- Roos D, Puntel R, Santos M, Souza D, Farina M, Nogueira C, et al. Guanosine and synthetic organoselenium compounds modulate methylmercury-induced oxidative stress in rat brain cortical slices: involvement of oxidative stress and glutamatergic system. Toxicol In Vitro. 2009;23:302-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, endogenous purine (guanosine) and two synthetic organoselenium compounds can modulate the pro-oxidant effect of MeHg in cortical brain slices. ..
- Prigol M, Schumacher R, WayneNogueira C, Zeni G. Convulsant effect of diphenyl diselenide in rats and mice and its relationship to plasma levels. Toxicol Lett. 2009;189:35-9 pubmed publisher..p.>p.o.>s.c.), vehicle solutions (DMSO>canola oil) and animal species (mice>rat). ..
- Roukos J, Riffault V, Locoge N, Plaisance H. VOC in an urban and industrial harbor on the French North Sea coast during two contrasted meteorological situations. Environ Pollut. 2009;157:3001-9 pubmed publisher..An atypical ratio of T/B in the summer samples led us to investigate the BTEX origins shedding light on the contribution of pollutants transported across various zones of VOC emissions situated in Europe. ..
- Sausen de Freitas A, de Souza Prestes A, Wagner C, Haigert Sudati J, Alves D, Oliveira Porciúncula L, et al. Reduction of diphenyl diselenide and analogs by mammalian thioredoxin reductase is independent of their gluthathione peroxidase-like activity: a possible novel pathway for their antioxidant activity. Molecules. 2010;15:7699-714 pubmed publisher
- Lupo P, Symanski E, Waller D, Chan W, Langlois P, Canfield M, et al. Maternal exposure to ambient levels of benzene and neural tube defects among offspring: Texas, 1999-2004. Environ Health Perspect. 2011;119:397-402 pubmed publisher..Our results contribute to the growing body of evidence regarding air pollutant exposure and adverse birth outcomes. ..
- Colquhoun T, Verdonk J, Schimmel B, Tieman D, Underwood B, Clark D. Petunia floral volatile benzenoid/phenylpropanoid genes are regulated in a similar manner. Phytochemistry. 2010;71:158-67 pubmed publisher..One such feature is the highly regulated transcript accumulation of the FVBP genes. Additionally, ethylene may have a regulatory role in the FVBP system prior to a floral senescence program...
- Hoque R, Khillare P, Agarwal T, Shridhar V, Balachandran S. Spatial and temporal variation of BTEX in the urban atmosphere of Delhi, India. Sci Total Environ. 2008;392:30-40 pubmed..The inter-species ratios exhibit clear seasonal variations indicating differential reactivity of the VOC species in different seasons. Xylenes were found the largest contributor to the ozone formation followed by toluene. ..
- Rosa R, Hoch N, Furtado G, Saffi J, Henriques J. DNA damage in tissues and organs of mice treated with diphenyl diselenide. Mutat Res. 2007;633:35-45 pubmed..In summary, DPDS induces systemic genotoxicity in mammals as it causes DNA damage in vital organs like brain, liver, kidney and testes. ..
- Ma Z, Feltenberger J, Hsung R. Total syntheses of chelidonine and norchelidonine via an enamide-benzyne-[2 + 2] cycloaddition cascade. Org Lett. 2012;14:2742-5 pubmed publisher..Total syntheses of chelidonine and norchelidonine featuring an enamide-benzyne-[2 + 2] cycloaddition initiated cascade is described. The cascade includes a pericyclic ring-opening and intramolecular Diels-Alder reaction. ..
- Aivalioti M, Vamvasakis I, Gidarakos E. BTEX and MTBE adsorption onto raw and thermally modified diatomite. J Hazard Mater. 2010;178:136-43 pubmed publisher..The highest adsorption capacity, calculated through the values of the isotherm constant k(F), was obtained for MTBE (48.42 mg kg(-1) (mg/L)(n)) in sample D(950). ..
- Liu J, Mu Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Wang X, Liu Y, et al. Atmospheric levels of BTEX compounds during the 2008 Olympic Games in the urban area of Beijing. Sci Total Environ. 2009;408:109-16 pubmed publisher..The extremely high ratios of ethylbenzene to m,p-xylene (E/X) were mainly observed at noontime in haze days, indicating that photochemical reactions were highly active under these typical days. ..
- Colquhoun T, Schimmel B, Kim J, Reinhardt D, Cline K, Clark D. A petunia chorismate mutase specialized for the production of floral volatiles. Plant J. 2010;61:145-55 pubmed publisher..These results show that PhCM1 is the principal CHORISMATE MUTASE responsible for the coupling of metabolites from the shikimate pathway to the synthesis of FVBPs in the corolla of Petunia x hybrida cv. 'Mitchell Diploid'...
- Soonsanga S, Lee J, Helmann J. Conversion of Bacillus subtilis OhrR from a 1-Cys to a 2-Cys peroxide sensor. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:5738-45 pubmed publisher..Rapid formation of intersubunit disulfide bonds protects OhrR against irreversible overoxidation in the presence of strong oxidants much more efficiently than do the endogenous low-molecular-weight thiols...
- Soonsanga S, Lee J, Helmann J. Oxidant-dependent switching between reversible and sacrificial oxidation pathways for Bacillus subtilis OhrR. Mol Microbiol. 2008;68:978-86 pubmed publisher..Thus, depending on the oxidant, OhrR can be either reversibly oxidized or can instead function as a sacrificial regulator...
- Crich D, Li W. Efficient glycosidation of a phenyl thiosialoside donor with diphenyl sulfoxide and triflic anhydride in dichloromethane. Org Lett. 2006;8:959-62 pubmed..With an excess of diphenyl sulfoxide, glycal formation can be completely suppressed and excellent yields are obtained for coupling to a wide range of primary, secondary, and tertiary acceptors. ..
- Galindo Cuspinera V, Breslin P. The liaison of sweet and savory. Chem Senses. 2006;31:221-5 pubmed
- Brito V, Folmer V, Puntel G, Fachinetto R, Soares J, Zeni G, et al. Diphenyl diselenide and 2,3-dimercaptopropanol increase the PTZ-induced chemical seizure and mortality in mice. Brain Res Bull. 2006;68:414-8 pubmed..Our results indicate that the PTZ-induced chemical seizures and mortality was enhanced by (PhSe)(2) and BAL. These results indicated that (PhSe)(2) and BAL interact with PTZ possibly by modulating the GABAergic system. ..
- Posser T, de Paula M, Franco J, Leal R, da Rocha J. Diphenyl diselenide induces apoptotic cell death and modulates ERK1/2 phosphorylation in human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells. Arch Toxicol. 2011;85:645-51 pubmed publisher..Pre-treatment with ERK1/2 inhibitor, U0126, increased cell susceptibility to (PhSe)(2). Together, these data indicate a cytotoxic potential of (PhSe)(2) in a neuronal cell line, which appears to be mediated by the ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Straliotto M, Mancini G, de Oliveira J, Nazari E, Müller Y, Dafre A, et al. Acute exposure of rabbits to diphenyl diselenide: a toxicological evaluation. J Appl Toxicol. 2010;30:761-8 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that acute toxicology to (PhSe)(2) in rabbit is dependent on the dose, which should motivate further experiments on the therapeutic properties of this compound. ..
- Rosa R, Moura D, Romano E Silva A, Saffi J, Pegas Henriques J. Antioxidant activity of diphenyl diselenide prevents the genotoxicity of several mutagens in Chinese hamster V79 cells. Mutat Res. 2007;631:44-54 pubmed..Our results clearly demonstrate that DPDS at low concentrations presents antimutagenic properties, which are most probably due to its antioxidant properties. ..
- Kim S, Vermeulen R, Waidyanatha S, Johnson B, Lan Q, Smith M, et al. Modeling human metabolism of benzene following occupational and environmental exposures. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2006;15:2246-52 pubmed..Our results also suggest that GLM + NS models are ideal for evaluating nonlinear relationships between environmental exposures and levels of human biomarkers. ..
- de Freitas A, Rocha J. Diphenyl diselenide and analogs are substrates of cerebral rat thioredoxin reductase: a pathway for their neuroprotective effects. Neurosci Lett. 2011;503:1-5 pubmed publisher..However, ebselen was not reduced by brain TrxR, indicating that the neuroprotective properties of this compound is possibly mediate by its glutathione peroxidase-like activity. ..
- Hamada M, Adachi K, Hikawa H, Yokoyama Y. Synthesis of a key intermediate for the preparation of FTY720 analogs. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2012;60:1395-8 pubmed..The reaction proceeded with high selectivity to give alkyne 11 containing the dihalobenzene moiety in good yield. Compound 11 was converted into intermediate 10 by hydrogenation without reduction of the halogen atoms. ..
- Marchand A, Aranda Rodriguez R, Tardif R, Nong A, Haddad S. Evaluation and modeling of the impact of coexposures to VOC mixtures on urinary biomarkers. Inhal Toxicol. 2016;28:260-73 pubmed publisher..However, no significant interactions were observed at levels used in this study. PBPK models for urinary biomarkers proved to be a good tool in quantifying exposure to VOC. ..
- Streit U, Birbaum F, Quattropani A, Bochet C. Photocycloaddition of arenes and allenes. J Org Chem. 2013;78:6890-910 pubmed publisher..Sequential deprotection of the N- or C-terminus of bicyclic amino acids gave access to two conformationally constrained unnatural amino acids with different dispositions of the two anchor points. ..
- Wang G, Cheng S, Lang J, Li S, Tian L. On-board measurements of gaseous pollutant emission characteristics under real driving conditions from light-duty diesel vehicles in Chinese cities. J Environ Sci (China). 2016;46:28-37 pubmed publisher..The majority of stench components emitted from vehicle exhaust were aromatics, especially p-diethylbenzene, propylbenzene, m-ethyltoluene, and p-ethyltoluene. ..
- Toropova A, Schultz T, Toropov A. Building up a QSAR model for toxicity toward Tetrahymena pyriformis by the Monte Carlo method: A case of benzene derivatives. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2016;42:135-45 pubmed publisher..Quantitative structure-activity relationships (QSARs) between the molecular structure of benzene derivatives and toxicity toward T...
- Al Anshori J, Slanina T, Palao E, KlÃ¡n P. The internal heavy-atom effect on 3-phenylselanyl and 3-phenyltellanyl BODIPY derivatives studied by transient absorption spectroscopy. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2016;15:250-9 pubmed publisher..The maximum Î¦ISC, found for the 3-phenyltellanyl derivative, was 59%. The results are interpreted in terms of the internal heavy-atom effect of the substituents. ..
- Kallscheuer N, Vogt M, Kappelmann J, Krumbach K, Noack S, Bott M, et al. Identification of the phd gene cluster responsible for phenylpropanoid utilization in Corynebacterium glutamicum. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:1871-81 pubmed publisher..glutamicum. ..
- Bhanuchandra M, Yadav M, Rit R, Rao Kuram M, Sahoo A. Ru(II)-catalyzed intermolecular ortho-C-H amidation of aromatic ketones with sulfonyl azides. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:5225-7 pubmed publisher..The developed reaction protocol can be extended to various substituted aromatic ketones to afford a wide range of desired C-N bond formation products in good yields...
- Wang J, Zhu R, Qin C, Wang Y, Zhang S, Zhang B. Vibrational spectra and trace determination of p-difluorobenzene and ethylbenzene. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013;107:1-7 pubmed publisher..The strongest transition 50(1) of p-difluorobenzene is selected to measure a concentration detective limit of the setup system and the achieved concentration detective limit is 3.125 ppb. ..
- Jovanovic Z, Jovanovic S. Comparison of the effects of cumene hydroperoxide and hydrogen peroxide on Retzius nerve cells of the leech Haemopis sanguisuga. Exp Anim. 2013;62:9-17 pubmed..The present findings indicate that CHP is a more potent oxidant and neurotoxin than H(2)O(2) and that the effect of CHP on the electrophysiological properties of LRNCs may be due to the inhibition of the potassium channels. ..
- Saito N, Nakamura K, Shibano S, Ide S, Minami M, Sato Y. Addition of cyclic ureas and 1-methyl-2-oxazolidone to pyridynes: a new approach to pyridodiazepines, pyridodiazocines, and pyridooxazepines. Org Lett. 2013;15:386-9 pubmed publisher..3,4-Pyridyne and 2,3-pyridyne were reacted with N,N-dimethylimidazolidone, N,N-dimethylpropylene urea, and 1-methyl-2-oxazolidone to give the corresponding pyridodiazepines, pyridodiazocines, and pyridooxazepines, respectively. ..
- Kaczorek E, Sałek K, Guzik U, Jesionowski T, Cybulski Z. Biodegradation of alkyl derivatives of aromatic hydrocarbons and cell surface properties of a strain of Pseudomonas stutzeri. Chemosphere. 2013;90:471-8 pubmed publisher..The results also indicated that the addition of rhamnolipids to the hydrocarbons led to modification of the surface properties of P. stutzeri strain 9, which could be observed in the zeta potential and hydrophobicity values. ..
- Wang F, Li C, Liu W, Jin Y. Oxidative damage and genotoxic effect in mice caused by sub-chronic exposure to low-dose volatile organic compounds. Inhal Toxicol. 2013;25:235-42 pubmed publisher..Our study suggested long-term VOCs inhalation at low levels caused oxidative stress and genotoxicity response in mice. Since effects were seen at the current IAQS level, further studies below this level are necessary. ..
- Ciesielski A, Szabelski P, Rżysko W, Cadeddu A, Cook T, Stang P, et al. Concentration-dependent supramolecular engineering of hydrogen-bonded nanostructures at surfaces: predicting self-assembly in 2D. J Am Chem Soc. 2013;135:6942-50 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our computational approach represents a step forward toward the deterministic prediction of molecular self-assembly at surfaces and interfaces. ..
- Moliner Martinez Y, Herráez Hernández R, Verdú Andrés J, Campins Falco P, Garrido Palanca C, Molins Legua C, et al. Study of the influence of temperature and precipitations on the levels of BTEX in natural waters. J Hazard Mater. 2013;263 Pt 1:131-8 pubmed publisher..A regression model between temperature or precipitations and BTEX concentration was obtained, thus these models can be used as predictive model for detection any non-normal concentration level. ..
- Cai S, Chen C, Sun Z, Xi C. CuCl-catalyzed ortho trifluoromethylation of arenes and heteroarenes with a pivalamido directing group. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013;49:4552-4 pubmed publisher..This reaction achieves the goal of regio-selectively converting C-H into C-CF3 with ecological and readily available starting materials. ..
- Lima Morales D, JÃ¡uregui R, Camarinha Silva A, Geffers R, Pieper D, Vilchez Vargas R. Linking Microbial Community and Catabolic Gene Structures during the Adaptation of Three Contaminated Soils under Continuous Long-Term Pollutant Stress. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2016;82:2227-2237 pubmed publisher..This indicates that a highly adapted community, which had to adjust its gene pool to meet novel challenges, has been enriched. ..
- Dinant A, Boulos R. Zolav(®) (a p-carboethoxy-tristyrylbenzene derivative) [corrected]: a new antibiotic for the treatment of acne. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2016;10:1235-42 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the potential of Zolav(®) (a p-carboethoxy-tristyrylbenzene derivative) as a novel treatment for acne vulgaris. ..
- da Silva D, Martins E, Corrêa S. Role of carbonyls and aromatics in the formation of tropospheric ozone in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Environ Monit Assess. 2016;188:289 pubmed publisher..For the two reactivity scales evaluated, acetaldehyde and toluene were the main ozone precursors. ..
- Shahi A, Rai B, Singh R. Analysis of Metabolites and Carbon Balance in the Biofilteration of Cumene Using Loofa Sponge as Biofilter Media. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2016;180:338-48 pubmed publisher..About 12.69 % of carbon present in inlet cumene was converted to biomass. ..
- Previato Mello M, Meireles D, Netto L, da Silva Neto J. Global Transcriptional Response to Organic Hydroperoxide and the Role of OhrR in the Control of Virulence Traits in Chromobacterium violaceum. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..violaceum uses the transcriptional regulator OhrR to modulate its virulence. ..