Summary: Organic compounds composed exclusively of carbon and hydrogen. Three or more carbon atoms are arranged in a cyclic structure and they possess aliphatic properties.
- van Beilen J, Mourlane F, Seeger M, Kovac J, Li Z, Smits T, et al. Cloning of Baeyer-Villiger monooxygenases from Comamonas, Xanthobacter and Rhodococcus using polymerase chain reaction with highly degenerate primers. Environ Microbiol. 2003;5:174-82 pubmed..NCIMB 9872 BVMO gene were also expressed in E. coli and shown to specify lactone hydrolase and cyclohexanol dehydrogenase activity respectively...
- Rios Hernandez L, Gieg L, Suflita J. Biodegradation of an alicyclic hydrocarbon by a sulfate-reducing enrichment from a gas condensate-contaminated aquifer. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:434-43 pubmed..The evidence suggests that alicyclic hydrocarbons such as ECP can be anaerobically activated by the addition to the double bond of fumarate to form ..
- Bieniek G, Kurkiewicz S, Wilczok T. Occupational exposure to aromatic hydrocarbons at a coke plant: Part I. Identification of hydrocarbons in air and their metabolites in urine by a gas chromatography-mass spectrometry method. J Occup Health. 2004;46:175-80 pubmed..Trimethylsilyl derivatives of aromatic hydroxyacids and hydroxymethoxyacids were found in the urine of occupationally exposed workers by means of a silylation procedure. ..
- Liu Y, Ali S, Boge T, Georg G, Victory S, Zygmunt J, et al. A systematic SAR study of C10 modified paclitaxel analogues using a combinatorial approach. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2002;5:39-48 pubmed..It was also found that the presence of a nitrogen atom in the C10 substituent might play a role in the interaction of analogues with microtubules. ..
- Kostichka K, Thomas S, Gibson K, Nagarajan V, Cheng Q. Cloning and characterization of a gene cluster for cyclododecanone oxidation in Rhodococcus ruber SC1. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:6478-86 pubmed
- Miura M, Hori W, Kasahara Y, Nakagawa I. Quantitative assessment of the metabolic activation of alicyclic amines via aldehyde. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2010;61:44-51 pubmed publisher..The post-incubation method is useful for screening newly synthesized compounds to quantitatively assess the bioactivation of aldehydes descending from alicyclic amines. ..
- Gradden C, Pai P, Hindell P, O Donoghue D, Mason H, Bell G. Membranous nephropathy, hydrocarbon exposure and genetic variants of hydrocarbon detoxification. QJM. 2001;94:79-87 pubmed..7%) patients and 16 (44.4%) controls. While occupational exposure to hydrocarbons remains a likely factor in its pathogenesis, further work is required to identify the genetic polymorphisms that modulate the risk of IMGN. ..
- Aam B, Myhre O, Fonnum F. Transcellular signalling pathways and TNF-alpha release involved in formation of reactive oxygen species in rat alveolar macrophages exposed to tert-butylcyclohexane. Arch Toxicol. 2003;77:678-84 pubmed..DCF fluorescence was elevated in a concentration-dependent manner by the alicyclic hydrocarbons. The involvement of transcellular signalling pathways in the production of ROS by t-BCH, the most active ..
- Xia Y, Boydston A, Yao Y, Kornfield J, Gorodetskaya I, Spiess H, et al. Ring-expansion metathesis polymerization: catalyst-dependent polymerization profiles. J Am Chem Soc. 2009;131:2670-7 pubmed publisher..Further polymer analysis was conducted using melt-state magic-angle spinning (13)C NMR spectroscopy of both linear and cyclic polymers, which revealed little or no chain ends for the latter topology. ..
- Lavarias S, Garcia F, Pollero R, Heras H. Effect of the water-soluble fraction of petroleum on microsomal lipid metabolism of Macrobrachium borellii (Arthropoda: Crustacea). Aquat Toxicol. 2007;82:265-71 pubmed..Nevertheless, hydrocarbons elicited membrane fluidity alterations in in vitro experiments at concentrations that could be found in the environment after an oil spill. ..
- Guo J, Pukkala E, Kyyrönen P, Lindbohm M, Heikkilä P, Kauppinen T. Testicular cancer, occupation and exposure to chemical agents among Finnish men in 1971-1995. Cancer Causes Control. 2005;16:97-103 pubmed..trend (mainly contributed by seminoma) was observed for pesticides, textile dust, aliphatic and alicyclic hydrocarbons, and some other organic solvents. Risk of testicular cancer increased only in four occupations...
- Bamberger J, Scott R, Kelly D, Kennedy G, Elliott G. Inhalation toxicity of cyclododecatriene in rats. Drug Chem Toxicol. 1999;22:435-54 pubmed..No specific neurotoxicity was detected and the histopathologic response was limited to reversible changes in the nasal epithelia in rats exposed to 260 ppm. ..
- Malley L, Everds N, Makovec G, Kennedy G. Reproductive and repeated dose toxicity of cyclododecatriene (CDDT) in rats following oral (gavage) treatment. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2002;25:149-70 pubmed..The NOEL in pups was 100 mg/kg/day, based on decreased body weights of pups in the 300 mg/kg/day group during lactation. ..
- Bernstein M, Sandford S, Allamandola L. Hydrogenated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and the 2940 and 2850 wavenumber (3.40 and 3.51 micron) infrared emission features. Astrophys J. 1996;472:L127-30 pubmed..We compare these results in context with the other suggested identifications of the emission features in the 2950-2700 cm-1 (3.39-3.70 microns) region and briefly discuss their astrophysical implications. ..
- Iwaki H, Wang S, Grosse S, Bergeron H, Nagahashi A, Lertvorachon J, et al. Pseudomonad cyclopentadecanone monooxygenase displaying an uncommon spectrum of Baeyer-Villiger oxidations of cyclic ketones. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:2707-20 pubmed..Although showing a modest selectivity (E = 5.8), macrolactone formation of 15-hexadecanolide from the kinetic resolution of 2-methylcyclopentadecanone using CPDMO was also demonstrated. ..
- Schumacher J, Fakoussa R. Degradation of alicyclic molecules by Rhodococcus ruber CD4. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1999;52:85-90 pubmed..They contribute to the three-dimensional coal structure and thus could serve as a valuable target for the oxidative abilities of R. ruber CD4 to reduce the molecular mass of coal. ..