Summary: Benzoate derivatives substituted by one or more hydroxy groups in any position on the benzene ring.
- Lv C, Yang F, Qin R, Qi Z, Zhou W, Lu J. Bioactivity-guided isolation of chemical constituents against H2O2-induced neurotoxicity on PC12 from Cimicifuga dahurica (Turcz.) Maxim. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3305-3309 pubmed publisher..The piscidic acid derivatives compounds 4-7 showed marked neuro-protective effect at certain concentration. ..
- Zafari S, Sharifi M, Mur L, Chashmi N. Favouring NO over H2O2 production will increase Pb tolerance in Prosopis farcta via altered primary metabolism. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2017;142:293-302 pubmed publisher..Our observations are consistent with conditions favouring NO production and reduced H2O2 can improve Pb tolerance via wide-ranging effects on a primary metabolic network. ..
- Peng L, Cao J, Du L, Zhang Q, Shi Y, Xu J. Analysis of phenolic acids by ionic liquid-in-water microemulsion liquid chromatography coupled with ultraviolet and electrochemical detector. J Chromatogr A. 2017;1499:132-139 pubmed publisher..Consequently, the established IL/W MELC method was successfully applied to simultaneously separate and determine target compounds in Danshen sample and its preparation. ..
- Liu S, Yang Z, Sun X. [Simultaneous determination of six Salvia miltiorrhiza gradients in rat plasma and brain by LC-MS/MS]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2014;39:1704-8 pubmed..Animal testing gives the lgBB of the drugs and further studies of the 6 components cross the blood-brain barrier can be carried out. ..
- Zhou L, Huang T, Wang J, Sun S, Chen G, Poplawsky A, et al. The rice bacterial pathogen Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae produces 3-hydroxybenzoic acid and 4-hydroxybenzoic acid via XanB2 for use in xanthomonadin, ubiquinone, and exopolysaccharide biosynthesis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:1239-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results of this study indicate that XanB2 is a key metabolic enzyme linking xanthomonadin, CoQ, and EPS biosynthesis, which are collectively essential for X. oryzae pv. oryzae pathogenesis. ..
- Murauer A, Bakry R, Schottenberger H, Huck C, Ganzera M. An innovative monolithic zwitterionic stationary phase for the separation of phenolic acids in coffee bean extracts by capillary electrochromatography. Anal Chim Acta. 2017;963:136-142 pubmed publisher..All of them contained cinnamic, syringic and caffeic acid, however only in unroasted coffee beans chlorogenic acid (0.06%) was found. The quantitative results were in good agreement to reported literature data. ..
- de Camargo A, Regitano d Arce M, Rasera G, Canniatti Brazaca S, do Prado Silva L, Alvarenga V, et al. Phenolic acids and flavonoids of peanut by-products: Antioxidant capacity and antimicrobial effects. Food Chem. 2017;237:538-544 pubmed publisher..The MIC of phenolic acid-rich extracts (24-49?gphenolics/mL) was higher but comparable to Ampicillin (10?g/mL). Thus, phenolics in PS and MDBP may serve as antioxidants and antimicrobial compounds. ..
- Xu L, Wu P, Xue J, Molnar I, Wei X. Antifungal and Cytotoxic ?-Resorcylic Acid Lactones from a Paecilomyces Species. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:2215-2223 pubmed publisher..Compounds 3, 5, and 6 exhibit cytotoxicity against MCF-7, A549, and HeLa cells, and compounds 5 and 7 display antifungal activity against Peronophythora litchii. ..
- Zhang J, Xu D, Ouyang H, Hu S, Li A, Luo H, et al. Neuroprotective effects of methyl 3,4 dihydroxybenzoate in a mouse model of retinitis pigmentosa. Exp Eye Res. 2017;162:86-96 pubmed publisher..These effects are likely mediated by the BDNF-TrkB pathway. Due to its neurotrophic effects and ability to reduce reactive gliosis, MDHB may be useful to treat degenerative diseases in retina and brain. ..
- August P, Tang L, Yoon Y, Ning S, Muller R, Yu T, et al. Biosynthesis of the ansamycin antibiotic rifamycin: deductions from the molecular analysis of the rif biosynthetic gene cluster of Amycolatopsis mediterranei S699. Chem Biol. 1998;5:69-79 pubmed..The genes characterized here could be modified to produce novel forms of the rifamycins that may be effective against rifamycin-resistant microorganisms. ..
- Dai X, Cai W, Wu X, Chen Y, Han F. Protocatechuic acid inhibits hepatitis B virus replication by activating ERK1/2 pathway and down-regulating HNF4? and HNF1? in vitro. Life Sci. 2017;180:68-74 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that PCA inhibits HBV replication by activating ERK1/2 pathway and subsequently down-regulating HNF4? and HNF1? in HepG2.2.15 cells. ..
- Sytar O, Borankulova A, Hemmerich I, Rauh C, Smetanska I. Effect of chlorocholine chlorid on phenolic acids accumulation and polyphenols formation of buckwheat plants. Biol Res. 2014;47:19 pubmed publisher..The obtained results suggest that influence of CCC on the phenolics composition can be a result of various mechanisms of CCC uptake, transforming and/or its translocation in the buckwheat seedlings. ..
- Pereira D, Silva T, Losada Barreiro S, Valentão P, Paiva Martins F, Andrade P. Toxicity of phenolipids: Protocatechuic acid alkyl esters trigger disruption of mitochondrial membrane potential and caspase activation in macrophages. Chem Phys Lipids. 2017;206:16-27 pubmed publisher..This is the first study addressing the toxicity and mechanism of action of protocatechuic acid derivatives, which is relevant in light of the recent interest in these molecules. ..
- Fernández Moriano C, Divakar P, Crespo A, Gómez Serranillos M. Protective effects of lichen metabolites evernic and usnic acids against redox impairment-mediated cytotoxicity in central nervous system-like cells. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;105:262-277 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that lichen polyketides evernic and usnic acids merit further research as promising antioxidant candidates in the therapy of oxidative stress-related diseases, including the neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Wagle B, Arsi K, Upadhyay A, Shrestha S, Venkitanarayanan K, Donoghue A, et al. ?-Resorcylic Acid, a Phytophenolic Compound, Reduces Campylobacter jejuni in Postharvest Poultry. J Food Prot. 2017;80:1243-1251 pubmed publisher..jejuni S-8 (P < 0.05). Overall, our results suggest that BR could be effectively used as antimicrobial dip treatment during poultry processing for reducing Campylobacter on chicken carcasses. ..
- Jakovljević K, Matić I, Stanojkovic T, Krivokuca A, Marković V, Joksović M, et al. Synthesis, antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of 1,3,4-thiadiazoles derived from phenolic acids. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3709-3715 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, compounds 3c, 3'c, 3'g and 3'h showed the ability to down-regulate the MMP2 and VEGFA expression levels in the treated HL-60 cells when compared with the control cell samples. ..
- Hashiguchi A, Zhu W, Tian J, Komatsu S. Proteomics and metabolomics-driven pathway reconstruction of mung bean for nutraceutical evaluation. Biochim Biophys Acta Proteins Proteom. 2017;1865:1057-1066 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that lipids together with flavonoids might be potential responsible compounds for biological activity of mung bean coat and flesh. ..
- Podio N, Baroni M, Wunderlin D. Relation between polyphenol profile and antioxidant capacity of different Argentinean wheat varieties. A Boosted Regression Trees study. Food Chem. 2017;232:79-88 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first report on the interaction between the environment and wheat genotypes evaluated by BRT, showing how the whole polyphenol profile can explain the AC in wheat. ..
- Li X, Li M, Liu J, Ji N, Liang C, Sun Q, et al. Preparation of Hollow Biopolymer Nanospheres Employing Starch Nanoparticle Templates for Enhancement of Phenolic Acid Antioxidant Activities. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:3868-3882 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they can be used as nanoreactors to immobilize phenolic acids, enhance their antioxidative activities, and improve their stability when exposed to high salt concentrations, UV light, or heat treatments. ..
- Wu X, Wei W, Yang X, Zhang Y, Xu W, Yang Y, et al. Anti-Inflammatory Phenolic Acid Esters from the Roots and Rhizomes of Notopterygium incisium and Their Permeability in the Human Caco-2 Monolayer Cell Model. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..incisum but also provided some useful information for predicting their oral bioavailability and their suitability as drug leads or promising anti-inflammatory agents. ..
- Wei J, Huo X, Yu Z, Tian X, Deng S, Sun C, et al. Phenolic acids from Balanophora involucrata and their bioactivities. Fitoterapia. 2017;121:129-135 pubmed publisher..New compound 8 also could inhibit the acetyl transfer activity of GlmU moderately with the IC50 value of 18.21?M, which was a new antibacterial target. ..
- Filipe Ribeiro L, Milheiro J, Matos C, Cosme F, Nunes F. Reduction of 4-ethylphenol and 4-ethylguaiacol in red wine by activated carbons with different physicochemical characteristics: Impact on wine quality. Food Chem. 2017;229:242-251 pubmed publisher..With an optimal selection of the AC physicochemical characteristics it was possible to remove efficiently the volatile phenols without impacting negatively on the wine sensory quality. ..
- Harwood C, Parales R. The beta-ketoadipate pathway and the biology of self-identity. Annu Rev Microbiol. 1996;50:553-90 pubmed..Presumably such identities have been shaped to optimally serve the diverse lifestyles of bacteria. ..
- Čolić S, Fotirić Akšić M, Lazarević K, Zec G, Gašić U, Dabić Zagorac D, et al. Fatty acid and phenolic profiles of almond grown in Serbia. Food Chem. 2017;234:455-463 pubmed publisher..Our investigation demonstrated that this region could be a suitable for growing almonds with chemical compositions competitive with standard cultivars. ..
- Bisignano C, Filocamo A, La Camera E, Zummo S, Fera M, Mandalari G. Antibacterial activities of almond skins on cagA-positive and-negative clinical isolates of Helicobacter pylori. BMC Microbiol. 2013;13:103 pubmed publisher..Polyphenols from almond skins were effective in vitro against H. pylori, irrespective of genotype status and could therefore be used in combination with antibiotics as a novel strategy for antibiotic resistance. ..
- Tuominen A, Salminen J. Hydrolyzable Tannins, Flavonol Glycosides, and Phenolic Acids Show Seasonal and Ontogenic Variation in Geranium sylvaticum. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:6387-6403 pubmed publisher..These results can be used in evaluating the role of polyphenols in plant-herbivore interactions or in planning the best collection times of G. sylvaticum for compound isolation purposes...