Summary: A sulfanilamide that is used as an antibacterial agent.
- Knoke M, Bernhardt H, Möllmann R, Bootz T. [Therapeutic study of the effect of selective decontamination on microbial overgrowth syndrome of the small intestine]. Gastroenterol J. 1989;49:59-62 pubmed..In most of the patients there was no subjective improvement. SID in the examined manner is not able to cure a microbial overgrowth in the upper gastrointestinal tract or to reduce facultatively pathogenic microorganisms. ..
- Cui C, Jin L, Jiang L, Han Q, Lin K, Lu S, et al. Removal of trace level amounts of twelve sulfonamides from drinking water by UV-activated peroxymonosulfate. Sci Total Environ. 2016;572:244-251 pubmed publisher..Sulfaguanidine, sulfadiazine, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfathiazole, sulfamethoxydiazine, and sulfadimethoxine were be effectively removed by ..
- Dong H, Yuan X, Wang W, Qiang Z. Occurrence and removal of antibiotics in ecological and conventional wastewater treatment processes: A field study. J Environ Manage. 2016;178:11-19 pubmed publisher..reaching up to 6524, 5411, 964 and 957Â ng/L, respectively; while the concentrations of tiamulin, sulfamerazine, sulfathiazole, sulfamethazine, sulfamethizole and sulfisoxazole were below 10Â ng/L...
- Ahmad B, Powell J. N1-glucosides as urinary metabolites of sulphadimidine, sulphamerazine and sulphamethoxazole. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 1988;13:177-83 pubmed..The synthesis and characterisation of the N1-beta-D-glucosides of the three title sulphonamides are described, and these conjugates are shown, by means of HPLC and MS, to be minor urinary metabolites of these drugs. ..
- Nti Addae K, Stella V. In vitro conversion of model sulfenamide prodrugs in the presence of small molecule thiols. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:1001-8 pubmed publisher..The reaction is consistent with an S(N)2 type mechanism seen in the reaction of some thiols with disulfides. ..
- Morgan R, Batot G, Dement J, Rao V, Eadsforth T, Hunter W. Crystal structures of Burkholderia cenocepacia dihydropteroate synthase in the apo-form and complexed with the product 7,8-dihydropteroate. BMC Struct Biol. 2011;11:21 pubmed publisher..Improved drugs to combat infections by Burkholderia sp. and related Gram-negative bacteria are sought and our study now provides templates to assist that process and allow us to discuss new ways of inhibiting DHPS. ..
- Gu C, Young V, Grant D. Polymorph screening: influence of solvents on the rate of solvent-mediated polymorphic transformation. J Pharm Sci. 2001;90:1878-90 pubmed..The rate of solvent-mediated polymorphic transformation of sulfamerazine at 24 degrees C in various solvents and solvent mixtures is controlled by the nucleation rate of the more ..
- Batista A, Teixeira A, Cooper W, Cottrell B. Correlating the chemical and spectroscopic characteristics of natural organic matter with the photodegradation of sulfamerazine. Water Res. 2016;93:20-29 pubmed publisher..b>Sulfamerazine (SMR), a sulfonamide antibiotic detected in aquatic environments, is implicated in environmental toxicity and ..
- Barthel G. [Pharmacokinetics of sulfamerazine after a single intravenous dose in healthy calves and calves with diarrhea of different severity with consideration of the influence of an existing kidney function restriction]. Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr. 1993;100:152-6 pubmedBlood levels of Sulfamerazine were examined in 16 calves with different severity of diarrhoea in consideration of kidney function and compared with the values of 5 clinically intact animals...
- Chen C, Zheng L, Zhou J, Zhao H. Persistence and risk of antibiotic residues and antibiotic resistance genes in major mariculture sites in Southeast China. Sci Total Environ. 2017;580:1175-1184 pubmed publisher..The abundance of sul3 in the water phase was significantly correlated with the concentrations of sulfamerazine, while the abundance of sul2 in the sediment phase was significantly with sulfadiazine concentrations...
- Errayess S, Lahcen A, Idrissi L, Marcoaldi C, Chiavarini S, Amine A. A sensitive method for the determination of Sulfonamides in seawater samples by Solid Phase Extraction and UV-Visible spectrophotometry. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2017;181:276-285 pubmed publisher..derivatives such as sulfanilamide (SAA), sulfadiazine (SDZ), sulfacetamide (SCT) sulfamethoxazole (SMX), sulfamerazine (SMR), sulfadimethoxine (SDX), sulfamethiazole (SMT) and Sulfathiazole (STZ)...
- Li Y, Chow P, Tan R. Quantification of polymorphic impurity in an enantiotropic polymorph system using differential scanning calorimetry, X-ray powder diffraction and Raman spectroscopy. Int J Pharm. 2011;415:110-8 pubmed publisher..b>Sulfamerazine (SMZ), an antibacterial drug, was chosen as the model compound...
- Brito I, López Rodríguez M, Cárdenas A, Vargas D. 4-(2,4-Dinitrophenylsulfanyl)morpholine. Acta Crystallogr C. 2006;62:o461-3 pubmed
- Esrafili M, Behzadi H, Beheshtian J, Hadipour N. Theoretical 14N nuclear quadrupole resonance parameters for sulfa drugs: sulfamerazine and sulfathiazole. J Mol Graph Model. 2008;27:326-31 pubmed publisher..investigation was carried out to characterize (14)N electric field gradient tensors, EFG, in crystalline sulfamerazine and sulfathiazole...
- Yang L, Shi Y, Li J, Fang L, Luan T. Transformation of aqueous sulfonamides under horseradish peroxidase and characterization of sulfur dioxide extrusion products from sulfadiazine. Chemosphere. 2018;200:164-172 pubmed publisher..group, including sulfamethoxazole (SMX), sulfathiazole (STZ), sulfapyridine (SPD), sulfadiazine (SDZ), sulfamerazine (SMR) and sulfamethoxypyridazine (SMP) were selected as target compounds...
- Adsmond D, Grant D. Hydrogen bonding in sulfonamides. J Pharm Sci. 2001;90:2058-77 pubmed..Sulfamoxole displays a conformation and a hydrogen-bond motif not seen in any other structures. Sulfamerazine and sulfamethazine, differing by a methyl group, show no similarity in hydrogen-bond pattern, whereas ..
- Gniado K, Löbmann K, Rades T, Erxleben A. The influence of co-formers on the dissolution rates of co-amorphous sulfamerazine/excipient systems. Int J Pharm. 2016;504:20-6 pubmed publisherA comprehensive study on the dissolution properties of three co-amorphous sulfamerazine/excipient systems, namely sulfamerazine/deoxycholic acid, sulfamerazine/citric acid and sulfamerazine/sodium taurocholate (SMZ/DA, SMZ/CA and SMZ/..
- Billiet L, Geerlings P, Messens J, Roos G. The thermodynamics of thiol sulfenylation. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:1473-85 pubmed publisher..The REE method is not limited to thiol sulfenylation, but can be broadly applied to understand protein redox biology in general. ..
- Hayashi K, Ogawa S, Sano S, Shiro M, Yamaguchi K, Sei Y, et al. Intramolecular nonbonded S...N interaction in rabeprazole. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2008;56:802-6 pubmed..1) followed by the increase of the reactivity of 2 to give the putative spiro sulfoxide 3, which is the key intermediate in the reaction cascade of 1 (Chart 1). ..
- Hynes J, Nasser T, Overman L, Watson D. Preparation of alpha-sulfenyl enones by thermal fragmentation of beta-sulfenyl enol triflates. Org Lett. 2002;4:929-31 pubmed..This transformation is the central step in a mild, functional group-tolerant method for preparing alpha-sulfenyl enones. ..
- Chen Z, Wang Y, Wen Q. Effects of chlortetracycline on the fate of multi-antibiotic resistance genes and the microbial community during swine manure composting. Environ Pollut. 2018;237:977-987 pubmed publisher..Four commonly used veterinary antibiotics including chlortetracycline (CTC), sulfamerazine (SMZ), enrofloxacin (ENR) and erythromycin (ERY) were monitored in the swine manure composting...
- Sobhani S, Fielenbach D, Marigo M, Wabnitz T, Jørgensen K. Direct organocatalytic asymmetric alpha-sulfenylation of activated C-H bonds in lactones, lactams, and beta-dicarbonyl compounds. Chemistry. 2005;11:5689-94 pubmed..A model for the intermediate is presented, in which the protonated cinchona alkaloid interacts with the substrate leading to face-shielding in accordance with the enantioselective alpha-sulfenylation step. ..
- Chen J, Wei X, Liu Y, Ying G, Liu S, He L, et al. Removal of antibiotics and antibiotic resistance genes from domestic sewage by constructed wetlands: Optimization of wetland substrates and hydraulic loading. Sci Total Environ. 2016;565:240-248 pubmed publisher..result showed that 7 target antibiotics compounds including erythromycin-H2O, lincomycin, monensin, ofloxacin, sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine and novobiocin were detected, and all selected 18 genes (three sulfonamide resistance genes (..
- Wang Z, He M, Jiang C, Zhang F, Du S, Feng W, et al. Matrix solid-phase dispersion coupled with homogeneous ionic liquid microextraction for the determination of sulfonamides in animal tissues using high-performance liquid chromatography. J Sep Sci. 2015;38:4127-35 pubmed publisher..ionic liquid microextraction was developed and applied to the extraction of some sulfonamides, including sulfamerazine, sulfamethazine, sulfathiazole, sulfachloropyridazine, sulfadoxine, sulfisoxazole, and sulfaphenazole, in ..
- Huttunen K, Leppänen J, Laine K, Vepsalainen J, Rautio J. Convenient microwave-assisted synthesis of lipophilic sulfenamide prodrugs of metformin. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2013;49:624-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows that these types of more lipophilic sulfenamide prodrugs can be promising candidates to improve permeability and passive absorption of highly water-soluble metformin. ..
- Rechlin D, Wolf M, Koeniger W. [Value of the preventive use of antibiotics following vaginal obstetric operations]. Zentralbl Gynakol. 1988;110:570-4 pubmed..In obstetrics this prophylaxis is indicated only in delivery by caesarean section as a perioperative short-time prophylaxis. ..
- Tweeddale H, Kondo M, Gebicki J. Proteins protect lipid membranes from oxidation by thiyl radicals. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2007;459:151-8 pubmed..The results suggest that membrane lipid oxidation in vivo by thiyl radicals is unlikely to be a significant event. ..
- Okada J, Asano S, Kondo T. A new concept for interpretation of first-order release from albumin microspheres. J Microencapsul. 1991;8:483-96 pubmed..These results are thought to show the validity of the mechanism and function proposed. ..
- Hemenway J, Nti Addae K, Guarino V, Stella V. Preparation, characterization and in vivo conversion of new water-soluble sulfenamide prodrugs of carbamazepine. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2007;17:6629-32 pubmed..Physicochemical characterization and in vivo conversion of a new prodrug of CBZ was evaluated to further establish the proof of concept of the sulfenamide prodrug approach. ..
- Krausse T, Straube W, Wiersbitzky S, Hitz V, Kewitsch A. [Screening for toxoplasmosis in pregnancy--a pilot program in Northeast Germany]. Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 1993;53:613-8 pubmed..It must also comprise health education measures, especially for non-immunised women to avoid the well-known main sources of infection. ..
- Porter S. Confirmation of sulfonamide residues in kidney tissue by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. Analyst. 1994;119:2753-6 pubmed..Although sulfonamides can be determined using a single quadrupole mass spectrometer with pseudo-MS-MS, advantages in interfacing to a tandem mass spectrometer are demonstrated. ..
- Sun C. Quantifying errors in tableting data analysis using the Ryshkewitch equation due to inaccurate true density. J Pharm Sci. 2005;94:2061-8 pubmed..According to the mathematical expressions, true density with <0.28% error is required to achieve 4% accuracy in fitted sigma(0) for typical pharmaceutical powders. ..
- Li X, Nan K, Chen H, Xu Y. Preparation and characterization of chitosan nanopores membranes for the transport of drugs. Int J Pharm. 2011;420:371-7 pubmed publisher..permeability test was performed with two model drugs: vitamin B12 (non-ionic water-soluble drug) and sodium sulfamerazine (ionic water-soluble drug)...
- Sun C, Grant D. Influence of crystal structure on the tableting properties of sulfamerazine polymorphs. Pharm Res. 2001;18:274-80 pubmedTo understand the influence of polymorphic structure on the tableting properties of sulfamerazine. Bulk powders of sulfamerazine polymorph I and of two batches...
- Wang Z, Zhang S, Shen J. [Development of a fluorescence polarization immunoassay for sulfamerazine]. Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi. 2008;28:1621-5 pubmed..4 ng x mL(-1) and a detection limit of 2.3 ng x mL(-1). The specificity of the FPIA for SMR was investigated using other 16 sulfonamides and the cross-reactivity for SMR, SMZ and sulfadiazine (SDZ) was 100%, 25% and 8.6%, respectively. ..
- Chamberland S, Current W. Use of mouse macrophage cell lines for in vitro propagation of Toxoplasma gondii RH tachyzoites. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1991;197:150-7 pubmed
- Lee M, Seo D, Wang I, Chun N, Lee H, Jeong M, et al. Quantitative in-line monitoring of solvent-mediated polymorphic transformation of sulfamerazine by near-infrared spectroscopy. J Pharm Sci. 2012;101:1578-86 pubmed publisher..b>Sulfamerazine (SMZ), a well-known sulfonamide antibacterial agent was investigated to examine the mechanism of polymorphic ..
- Zheng H, Wang P, Li J. [Determination of 12 sulfonamides in cosmetics by ultra performance liquid chromatography]. Se Pu. 2007;25:238-40 pubmed..sulfacetamide, sulfamethoxazole, sulfadiazine, sulfisoxazole, sulfathiazole, sulfadi-methoxine, sulfamerazine, sulfaquinoxaline, sulfamethazine, sulfanitran) in cosmetics was developed by ultra performance liquid ..
- Gratacós Cubarsí M, Castellari M, Valero A, Garcia Regueiro J. A simplified LC-DAD method with an RP-C12 column for routine monitoring of three sulfonamides in edible calf and pig tissue. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2006;385:1218-24 pubmed..5 enabled excellent chromatographic separation and quantification of sulfadiazine (SDZ), sulfamerazine (SMR), and sulfamethazine (SMZ) in edible calf and pig tissue (muscle and liver)...
- Funfstuck R, Jansa U, Stein G, Schneider S. [Comparative studies of the effectiveness of 1-day treatment and 7-day treatment with sulfamerazine/trimethoprim (Berlocombin) of patients with urinary tract infection]. Z Gesamte Inn Med. 1990;45:1-5 pubmed..we studied the influence of a one-day (n = 7) and a seven-day treatment by administering the regular sulfamerazine/trimethoprime (Berlocombin) dose (2 X 2 tablets from the 2nd day, n = 7) or a reduced amount (2 X 1 tablet ..
- Qiao B, Liu X, Duan S, Yan L, Jiang Z. Highly enantioselective organocatalytic ?-sulfenylation of azlactones. Org Lett. 2014;16:672-5 pubmed publisher..The reaction conditions were suitable to 4-alkyl and benzyl-substituted azlactones as well as N-(benzyl/alkyl/arylthio)succinimides, affording adducts with high enantioselectivities (81-94% ee). ..
- Garabatos Perera J, Rotstein B, Thompson A. Comparison of benzene, nitrobenzene, and dinitrobenzene 2-arylsulfenylpyrroles. J Org Chem. 2007;72:7382-5 pubmed
- Kubota Y, Ehara M, Kumamoto H, Shimada H, Haraguchi K, Tanaka H. Synthesis of 4'-substituted cordycepins via benzenesulfenylation at the 4'-position as a key step. Nucleic Acids Symp Ser (Oxf). 2009;:99-100 pubmed publisher..The 4'-sulfone derivative 8 obtained by m-CPBA oxidation of 4 was employed for the reaction with organoaluminum reagents. These reactions furnished various types of the 4'-carbon-substituted cordycepins 9. ..
- Barrero A, Oltra J, Alvarez M, Rosales A. Synthesis of (+)-8-deoxyvernolepin and its 11,13-dihydroderivative. A novel reaction initiated by sulfene elimination leads to the 2-Oxa-cis-decalin skeleton. J Org Chem. 2002;67:5461-9 pubmed..Our results prove that the synthetic strategy employed, on the basis of biomimetic concepts, is a useful procedure for the enantiospecific preparation of (+)-vernolepin-related compounds from accessible germacrolides. ..
- Peng L, Turesky R. Capturing labile sulfenamide and sulfinamide serum albumin adducts of carcinogenic arylamines by chemical oxidation. Anal Chem. 2013;85:1065-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, selective oxidation of arylamine-modified SA produces stable arylsulfonamide-SA adducts, which may serve as biomarkers of these tobacco and dietary carcinogens. ..
- Nong C, Niu Z, Li P, Wang C, Li W, Wen Y. Dual-cloud point extraction coupled to high performance liquid chromatography for simultaneous determination of trace sulfonamide antimicrobials in urine and water samples. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2017;1051:9-16 pubmed publisher..extraction (dCPE) was successfully developed for simultaneous extraction of trace sulfonamides (SAs) including sulfamerazine (SMZ), sulfadoxin (SDX), sulfathiazole (STZ) in urine and water samples...
- Cai T, Bellamri M, Ming X, Koh W, Yu M, Turesky R. Quantification of Hemoglobin and White Blood Cell DNA Adducts of the Tobacco Carcinogens 2-Amino-9H-pyrido[2,3-b]indole and 4-Aminobiphenyl Formed in Humans by Nanoflow Liquid Chromatography/Ion Trap Multistage Mass Spectrometry. Chem Res Toxicol. 2017;30:1333-1343 pubmed publisher..Hb sulfinamide adducts are suitable biomarkers to biomonitor 4-ABP and A?C; however, neither carcinogen binds to DNA in WBC, even in heavy smokers, at levels sufficient for biomonitoring. ..
- Chow S, Nagwekar J. Elucidation of the role of hydrophobic bonding in influencing intestinal absorption of model sulfonamides and revealing possible mechanism of drug absorption in rat model. J Pharm Sci. 1993;82:1221-7 pubmed..technique was used to study the first-order kinetics of intestinal absorption of un-ionized sulfadiazine, sulfamerazine, and sulfamethazine in rats in situ at 32, 35, and 38 degrees C...
- Zhao Q, Shang J, Liu Y, Wang K, Bi F, Huang R, et al. Synthesis and insecticidal activities of novel N-sulfenyl-N'-tert-butyl-N,N'-diacylhydrazines. 1. N-alkoxysulfenate derivatives. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55:9614-9 pubmed..Furthermore, the compound IIIf exhibits higher contact activities against oriental armyworm, Asian corn borer, tobacco cutworm, and cotton bollworm than RH-5992. The sulfenyl substituent was essential for high larvacidal activity. ..
- Khajehei M, Keshavarz T, Tabatabaee H. Randomised double-blind trial of the effect of vitamin C on dyspareunia and vaginal discharge in women receiving doxycycline and triple sulfa for chlamydial cervicitis. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2009;49:525-30 pubmed publisher..Adding vitamin C to doxycycline and triple sulfa was more efficient than standard regimen (doxycycline and triple sulfa without vitamin C) in treating chlamydial cervicitis. ..
- Mastrolorenzo A, Scozzafava A, Supuran C. Antifungal activity of silver and zinc complexes of sulfadrug derivatives incorporating arylsulfonylureido moieties. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2000;11:99-107 pubmedTwo well known antimicrobial sulfonamides, sulfadiazine and sulfamerazine were reacted with arylsulfonyl isocyanates, affording several new arylsulfonylureido derivatives...
- Zhang Y, Niu Z, Zhang Y, Zhang K. Occurrence of intracellular and extracellular antibiotic resistance genes in coastal areas of Bohai Bay (China) and the factors affecting them. Environ Pollut. 2018;236:126-136 pubmed publisher..The combination of sulfamerazine and tetracycline as well as the combination of sulfamethazine and dissolved oxygen can both explain the ..