Genomes and Genes
Summary: Transference of tissue within an individual, between individuals of the same species, or between individuals of different species.
- Sonmezer M, Oktay K. Orthotopic and heterotopic ovarian tissue transplantation. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2010;24:113-26 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, tissue monitoring may be easier in the heterotopic site. In this article, we reviewed the indications, limitations, risks and transplantation techniques for ovarian tissue. ..
- Ogawa R. The importance of adipose-derived stem cells and vascularized tissue regeneration in the field of tissue transplantation. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2006;1:13-20 pubmed..In this paper, we focus on adipose-derived stem cells and vascularized tissue regeneration within the context of tissue transplantation.
- Silverman R, Banks N, DeTolla L, Shipley S, Panda A, Sanchez R, et al. A heterotopic primate model for facial composite tissue transplantation. Ann Plast Surg. 2008;60:209-16 pubmed publisher..Our work also concurs with the work of other groups who found that the skin component is the most antigenic. ..
- Shaw J, Trounson A. Ovarian tissue transplantation and cryopreservation. Application to maintenance and recovery of transgenic and inbred mouse lines. Methods Mol Biol. 2002;180:229-51 pubmed
- Cardwell T, Sheffer R, Hedrick P. MHC variation and tissue transplantation in fish. J Hered. 2001;92:305-8 pubmed..This suggests that other loci, presumably other MHC loci, play a significant role in transplantation success in fishes, as they do in mammals. ..
- Tugwell B, Patel P, Williams I, Hedberg K, Chai F, Nainan O, et al. Transmission of hepatitis C virus to several organ and tissue recipients from an antibody-negative donor. Ann Intern Med. 2005;143:648-54 pubmedAlthough hepatitis C virus (HCV) transmission through tissue transplantation has been rarely reported, a donor with undetected viremia may infect several recipients...
- Kofidis T, de Bruin J, Hoyt G, Ho Y, Tanaka M, Yamane T, et al. Myocardial restoration with embryonic stem cell bioartificial tissue transplantation. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2005;24:737-44 pubmed..The present study utilizes embryonic stem cells as the substrate of bioartificial myocardial tissue and evaluates engraftment in, and functional recovery of, the recipient heart...
- Kainer M, Linden J, Whaley D, Holmes H, Jarvis W, Jernigan D, et al. Clostridium infections associated with musculoskeletal-tissue allografts. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:2564-71 pubmed..Tissue banks should validate processes and culture methods. Sterilization methods that do not adversely affect the functioning of transplanted tissue are needed to prevent allograft-related infections. ..
- Rinkevich B. The colonial urochordate Botryllus schlosseri: from stem cells and natural tissue transplantation to issues in evolutionary ecology. Bioessays. 2002;24:730-40 pubmed..Thus, the Botryllus system generates perspectives from different biological disciplines to yield a unique life history portrait. ..
- Tettamanti G, Grimaldi A, Ferrarese R, Palazzi M, Perletti G, Valvassori R, et al. Leech responses to tissue transplantation. Tissue Cell. 2003;35:199-212 pubmed..Our results permit to highlight that in leeches there is a specific responsiveness of immune system similar to those described in highly divergent phyla. ..
- Lee H, Cusick R, Utsunomiya H, Ma P, Langer R, Vacanti J. Effect of implantation site on hepatocytes heterotopically transplanted on biodegradable polymer scaffolds. Tissue Eng. 2003;9:1227-32 pubmed..The omentum is the most favorable bed for engraftment of hepatocyte-polymer tissue-engineered constructs and the addition of a portacaval shunt increases survival of transplanted hepatocytes in the omentum and mesentery. ..
- Khoie T, Zinderman C, Solomon R, Wise R, Lee K, Nether K. Clarification of FDA and The Joint Commission reporting requirements for US tissue recipient adverse reactions. Cell Tissue Bank. 2008;9:67-8 pubmed
- Siemionow M, Agaoglu G. Tissue transplantation in plastic surgery. Clin Plast Surg. 2007;34:251-69, ix pubmed..The long-term results of the recently performed partial face transplantations will be critical to judge the future applications of partial or total face transplantation. ..
- Beasley N, Gilbert R, Gullane P, Brown D, Irish J, Neligan P. Scalp and forehead reconstruction using free revascularized tissue transfer. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2004;6:16-20 pubmed..The muscle-only latissimus dorsi free flap for scalp reconstruction and the cutaneous scapular free flap for the forehead have proved successful in selected patients with a low complication rate and satisfactory cosmesis. ..
- Srinivasan A, Burton E, Kuehnert M, Rupprecht C, Sutker W, Ksiazek T, et al. Transmission of rabies virus from an organ donor to four transplant recipients. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:1103-11 pubmed..This report documenting the transmission of rabies virus from an organ donor to multiple recipients underscores the challenges of preventing and detecting transmission of unusual pathogens through transplantation. ..
- Yuksel F, Peker F, Celikoz B. Two applications of end-to-side nerve neurorrhaphy in severe upper-extremity nerve injuries. Microsurgery. 2004;24:363-8 pubmed..Based on these results and our review of the current literature, we consider alternative nerve repair techniques to be reasonable, prudent, and scientific choices for the treatment of some challenging nerve injury cases. ..
- Beyer F, Doebis C, Busch A, Ritter T, Mhashilkar A, Marasco W, et al. Decline of surface MHC I by adenoviral gene transfer of anti-MHC I intrabodies in human endothelial cells-new perspectives for the generation of universal donor cells for tissue transplantation. J Gene Med. 2004;6:616-23 pubmed..Our data indicate that HUVEC with reduced levels of MHC I might be used as universal donor cells for the seeding of vascular grafts. ..
- Florescu D, Langnas A, Sandkovsky U. Opportunistic viral infections in intestinal transplantation. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2013;11:367-81 pubmed publisher..5, 58.2 and 47%, respectively. IT restores organ functions, but it is associated with complications, with infections representing the major cause of morbidity and mortality in this population. ..
- Hautz T, Brandacher G, Zelger B, Gorantla V, Lee A, Pratschke J, et al. Immunologic aspects and rejection in solid organ versus reconstructive transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2010;42:3347-53 pubmed publisher..At the end of the century, composite tissue transplantation in humans was performed with success using the same immunosuppressive medications and therapeutic ..
- Djinovic R. Penile corporoplasty in Peyronie's disease: which technique, which graft?. Curr Opin Urol. 2011;21:470-7 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the current articles and assess the scientific validity of the recent literature (January 2010-June 2011) on Peyronie's disease surgery...
- Ylä Kotola T, Kauhanen S, Leivo I, Haglund C, Tukiainen E. Vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors are expressed in human nerve grafts. J Reconstr Microsurg. 2011;27:173-8 pubmed publisher..In short, expression of VEGF and its receptors is described in human nerve grafts and compared with basic histology and p75 nerve growth factor receptor expression of the nerve graft and functional outcome of patients. ..
- Choi C, Cho H, Lew B, Sim W. Subungual exostosis treated with an in situ thin split-thickness toenail bed graft. Dermatol Ther. 2011;24:452-4 pubmed publisher..We report on a unique trial case of subungual exostosis treated with thin split-thickness nail bed grafts taken from the adjacent normal nail bed of the affected toe. ..
- Sobotka S, Mu L. Comparison of muscle force after immediate and delayed reinnervation using nerve-muscle-endplate band grafting. J Surg Res. 2013;179:e117-26 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that even better muscle reinnervation and functional recovery could be achieved with further improvement of the environment that favors axon-end plate connections and accelerates axonal growth and sprouting. ..
- Hayashi K, Saitou M. Generation of eggs from mouse embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells. Nat Protoc. 2013;8:1513-24 pubmed publisher..This method provides an initial step toward reconstitution of the entire process of oogenesis in vitro. ..
- Shaker D. Surgical management of vaginal mesh erosion: an alternative to excision. Int Urogynecol J. 2010;21:499-501 pubmed publisher..The use of intervening graft of vulval fat can be an alternative to excision in the management of patients with vaginal mesh erosion. ..
- Nagda S, Altobelli G, Bowdry K, Brewster C, Lombardo S. Cost analysis of outpatient anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: autograft versus allograft. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010;468:1418-22 pubmed publisher..The cost of the allograft outweighs the increased surgical time needed for harvesting an autograft. Level II, economic and decision analyses. See Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence. ..
- Townley W, Mah E, O Neill A, Wunder J, Ferguson P, Zhong T, et al. Reconstruction of sarcoma defects following pre-operative radiation: free tissue transfer is safe and reliable. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2013;66:1575-9 pubmed publisher..Free tissue transfer is safe and effective in patients undergoing surgical resection and reconstruction following neoadjuvant radiotherapy. ..
- Kerner S, Etienne D, Malet J, Mora F, Monnet Corti V, Bouchard P. Root coverage assessment: validity and reproducibility of an image analysis system. J Clin Periodontol. 2007;34:969-76 pubmed..The outcomes of this study show that the ImageJ analysis is a reliable, reproducible method to evaluate the percentage of root coverage after periodontal plastic surgery, when a midfacial linear measurement is used. ..
- Centenaro L, da Cunha Jaeger M, Ilha J, de Souza M, Balbinot L, do Nascimento P, et al. Implications of olfactory lamina propria transplantation on hyperreflexia and myelinated fiber regeneration in rats with complete spinal cord transection. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:371-81 pubmed publisher..Despite the ongoing clinical use of OECs, it is important to emphasize the need for more experimental studies to clarify the exact nature of the repair capacity of these grafts in the treatment of SCI. ..
- Greenwald M, Kuehnert M, Fishman J. Infectious disease transmission during organ and tissue transplantation. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:e1 pubmed publisherInfectious disease transmission through organ and tissue transplantation has been associated with severe complications in recipients...
- Karbe T, Braun C, Wulff B, Schröder A, Puschel K, Bratzke H, et al. Practical experience in post-mortem tissue donation in consideration of the European tissue law. Forensic Sci Med Pathol. 2010;6:3-8 pubmed publisher..standards for the donation, retrieval, storing and distribution of human tissues and cells the purpose of tissue transplantation was implemented into German legislation in May 2007...
- Zhang Y, Hu D, Yang Z. [Transplantation of pedicled autologous sinoatrial node tissue for treatment of complete atrioventricular block in dogs]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2013;33:1517-20 pubmed..Desmosome junction can occur between ventricular myocardial cells and sinoatrial node cells at the edge of transplanted pedicled autologous sinoatrial node tissue. ..
- Pianigiani E, Ierardi F, Fimiani M. Importance of good manufacturing practices in microbiological monitoring in processing human tissues for transplant. Cell Tissue Bank. 2013;14:601-7 pubmed publisher..We obtained 100 % sensitivity by doubling tissue controls, while maintaining high specificity (77 %). ..
- Jeng S, Tan N. Optimizing aesthetic and functional outcomes at donor sites. Chang Gung Med J. 2012;35:219-30 pubmed..Just as in organ transplantation where efforts are made to ensure the safety and a good outcome for a donor patient, outcomes should be improved and morbidity reduced at donor sites in reconstructive surgery. ..
- Glasgold R, Glasgold M, Lam S. Complications following fat transfer. Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2009;21:53-8, vi pubmed publisher..Facial fat grafting to correct volume loss has become a crucial component of facial rejuvenation in the authors' respective practices. ..
- Palma E, Conti L, Roseti C, Limatola C. Novel approaches to study the involvement of ?7-nAChR in human diseases. Curr Drug Targets. 2012;13:579-86 pubmed..This review summarizes the current knowledge and recent findings obtained by these novel approaches. ..
- Shah S, Lowery E, Braun R, Martin A, Huang N, Medina M, et al. Cellular basis of tissue regeneration by omentum. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38368 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose that the omentum is a designated organ for tissue repair and healing in response to foreign invasion and tissue damage...
- Trojanowski P, Andrzejczak A, Trojanowska A, Olszański W, Klatka J. [Importance of donor site vascular imaging in free fibula flap reconstruction]. Otolaryngol Pol. 2012;66:40-4 pubmed publisher..In both cases fibula was harvested from the other leg. Imaging studies reveal lower leg vascular abnormalities in 20% of cases thus facilitate surgical plans alternations and prevent serious complications in free fibula flap patients. ..
- Christophel J, Park S. Complications in rhinoplasty. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2009;17:145-56, vii pubmed publisher..This article discusses the anatomic and physiologic basis of rhinoplasty complications with a focus on primary rhinoplasty principles that will prevent their formation. ..
- Knoll L. Use of small intestinal submucosa graft for the surgical management of Peyronie's disease. J Urol. 2007;178:2474-8; discussion 2478 pubmed..The ease of surgical handling and placement, no associated comorbidities from harvesting techniques, and no adverse reactions make this material an anatomical and functional tunical substitute. ..
- Fukada S, Yamamoto Y, Segawa M, Sakamoto K, Nakajima M, Sato M, et al. CD90-positive cells, an additional cell population, produce laminin alpha2 upon transplantation to dy(3k)/dy(3k) mice. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:193-203 pubmed..Thus, CD90(+) cells are a newly identified additional cell fraction that increased during skeletal muscle regeneration in vivo and could be another cell source for therapy for lama2-deficient muscular dystrophy. ..
- Siegel A, Anderson M, Schmidt T, Youngner S. Informed consent to tissue donation: policies and practice. Cell Tissue Bank. 2009;10:235-40 pubmed publisher..of the informed consent process with an eye to meaningful consent that promotes the benefits of tissue transplantation and at the same time protects the rights and interests of donor families; can be realistically implemented;..
- Alexopoulos S, Lindberg L, Subramanyan R, Matsuoka L. Cytomegalovirus prophylaxis in solid organ transplantation. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:5957-63 pubmed..The appropriate duration of therapy is still controversial although guidelines do exist. The ability to assay an individual immune response to CMV should allow for tailored duration of therapy in the future. ..
- Yang H, Yim H, Lee M, Ko K, Yoon H. Mycobacterium conceptionense infection complicating face rejuvenation with fat grafting. J Med Microbiol. 2011;60:371-4 pubmed publisher..The growing diversity of non-tuberculosis mycobacterial species causing human infections emphasizes that early and precise identification is imperative for successful treatment. ..
- Tao T, Del Valle A. Human oocyte and ovarian tissue cryopreservation and its application. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2008;25:287-96 pubmed publisher..In ovarian tissue transplantation, more research is needed in order to enhance the revascularization process with the goal of reducing the ..
- Adamson L, Huang W, Breidenbach W, Rahhal D, Xu H, Huang Y, et al. A modified model of hindlimb osteomyocutaneous flap for the study of tolerance to composite tissue allografts. Microsurgery. 2007;27:630-6 pubmed..When compared with the classic hind limb transplantation model, these results demonstrate that our heterotopic hind limb flap is less morbid and as an effective experimental model for the study of CTA tolerance. ..
- Chen L, Shi H. [Current status and progress of tracheal substitute]. Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi. 2012;29:593-6 pubmed..Here we present a review in the attempts to summarize the progress and prospective advances in tracheal substitute. ..
- Tzou C, Aszmann O, Frey M. Bridging peripheral nerve defects using a single-fascicle nerve graft. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128:861-9 pubmed publisher..In the single-fascicle nerve group, motor neurons were scarce and faintly labeled (group E, 180±25). The results showed that single-fascicle nerve grafting has potential for good functional nerve regeneration. ..
- Toktas Z, Akgun E, Ozkan A, Bozkurt S, Bekiroglu N, Seker A, et al. Relationship of angiogenic potential with clinical features in cranial meningiomas: a corneal angiogenesis study. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:1724-32; discussion 1732 pubmed publisher..Angiogenesis seems to be an important factor in the natural course of meningiomas, suggesting that inhibition of angiogenesis may be an option, particularly in the treatment of meningiomas with an aggressive course. ..