Summary: Formation of an artificial opening in a fallopian tube.
- Ehrlich P, Teitelbaum D, Hirschl R, Rescorla F. Excision of large cystic ovarian tumors: combining minimal invasive surgery techniques and cancer surgery--the best of both worlds. J Pediatr Surg. 2007;42:890-3 pubmed..This approach markedly reduces the length of the surgical incision while insuring the prevention of peritoneal contamination with cystic fluid. ..
- Lecuru F, Camatte S, Viens Bitker C, Chasset S, Leonard F, Taurelle R. Hospital resources used for ectopic pregnancy treatment by laparoscopy and methotrexate. JSLS. 2001;5:117-22 pubmed..Forty women underwent a laparoscopic salpingostomy because they refused the methotrexate regimen or had "social" contra-indications (ie, predictable ..
- Idotta R, Scopelliti P, Polimeni C, Lirosi M. Serous papillary cystic ovarian borderline tumor: case report. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2002;29:293-6 pubmed..Conservative surgery allowed a subsequent pregnancy with spontaneous delivery 27 months later. ..
- Fernandez Aguilar S, Saint Aubain N, Dargent J, Fayt I, Noel J. Myolipoma of soft tissue: an unusual tumor with expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors. Report of two cases and review of the literature. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2002;81:1088-90 pubmed
- Al Mosawi A, Ayyash E, Hayat S, Asfar S. Ruptured extrauterine gestation in heterotopic pregnancy. Ann Saudi Med. 2005;25:413-4 pubmed
- Mossa B, Patella A, Ebano V, Pacifici E, Mossa S, Marziani R. Microsurgery versus laparoscopy in distal tubal obstruction hysterosalpingographically or laparoscopically investigated. Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol. 2005;32:169-71 pubmed..016, p = 0.9003). Laparotomy plus microsurgery and laparoscopy were equally effective in restoring fertility in women with comparable tubal damage. The severity of the damage is a critical factor for the results. ..
- Mukul L, Teal S. Current management of ectopic pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 2007;34:403-19, x pubmed
- Michelsen T, Dørum A, Trope C, Fossa S, Dahl A. Fatigue and quality of life after risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy in women at increased risk for hereditary breast-ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2009;19:1029-36 pubmed publisher..Women who had RRSO showed similar levels of QoL and fatigue as NORM. Women who had cancer before RRSO had lower levels of QoL and more fatigue. ..
- Tang B, Tait I, Ross G, Chien P. Development and use of a restructured animal tissue model for training in laparoscopic salpingostomy and salpingectomy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011;18:785-91 pubmed publisherEctopic pregnancy is commonly managed via either laparoscopic salpingostomy or salpingectomy...
- Dubuisson J, Chapron C, Morice P, Aubriot F, Foulot H, Bouquet de Joliniere J. Laparoscopic salpingostomy: fertility results according to the tubal mucosal appearance. Hum Reprod. 1994;9:334-9 pubmedPrognostic factors for fertility outcome following laparoscopic salpingostomy were evaluated. We studied all distal tuboplasties performed between May 1986 and June 1991. Ninety infertile women were treated...
- El Shawarby S, Margara R, Trew G, Laffan M, Lavery S. Thrombocythemia and hemoperitoneum after transvaginal oocyte retrieval for in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril. 2004;82:735-7 pubmed..Efforts should be made to reduce the platelet count and assess the platelet function before embarking on IVF, keeping in mind the double jeopardy from bleeding and thrombosis in these cases. ..
- Bai X, Li N, Wang F, Li S, Yu Q. Primary ovarian trabecular carcinoid tumor: a case report and literature review. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2010;282:407-11 pubmed publisher..The patients lack clinical indicators, and final diagnosis depends on pathological examination, special staining and inmmunohistochemistry staining to confirm the neuroendocrine differentiation. ..
- Kumakiri J, Kikuchi I, Kitade M, Matsuoka S, Tokita S, Takeda S. Linear salpingotomy with suturing by single incision laparoscopic surgery for tubal ectopic pregnancy. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:1604-7 pubmed publisher..Tubal preservation by linear salpingotomy was accomplished for all patients without up-conversion to conventional laparoscopy. Serum ?-hCG values of all patients immediately decreased and further medical treatment was unnecessary. ..
- Tews G, Ebner T, Yaman C, Pölz W, Sommergruber M, Hartl J. The potential of preoperative beta-hCG and progesterone levels to predict failure of laparoscopic linear salpingostomy in ectopic pregnancies. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002;9:460-3 pubmed..between preoperative beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) and progesterone levels, and success of linear salpingostomy in treatment of tubal pregnancy. Retrospective case control study (Canadian Task Force classification II-1)...
- Watrelot A, Dreyfus J, Cohen M. Systematic salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy during fertiloscopy. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc. 2002;9:453-9 pubmed..Fertiloscopy allows salpingoscopy and microsalpingoscopy to be performed in a reproducible and simple manner. Thus intratubal exploration should be integral to infertility assessment. ..
- Niu J, Cui X, Wan X, Zhang K. [Clinical application of tubal reconstruction after laparoscopic tubal pregnancy operation]. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2012;26:1088-90 pubmed..58%) (chi2 = 7.72, P = 0.01). The reconstruction after laparoscopic tubal pregnancy operation can significantly increase the intrauterine pregnancy rate, and it is better than simple laparoscopic tubal pregnancy operation. ..
- Sowter M, Farquhar C. Ectopic pregnancy: an update. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2004;16:289-93 pubmed..In the surgical management of ectopic pregnancy the effects of salpingotomy and salpingectomy on subsequent fertility are uncertain and need further investigation. ..
- Kauff N, Domchek S, Friebel T, Robson M, Lee J, Garber J, et al. Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for the prevention of BRCA1- and BRCA2-associated breast and gynecologic cancer: a multicenter, prospective study. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:1331-7 pubmed publisher..Further studies evaluating the efficacy of risk-reduction strategies in BRCA mutation carriers should stratify by the specific gene mutated. ..
- Elizur S, Chian R, Holzer H, Gidoni Y, Tulandi T, Tan S. Cryopreservation of oocytes in a young woman with severe and symptomatic endometriosis: a new indication for fertility preservation. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:293.e1-3 pubmed..Number of cryopreserved oocytes. After three cycles of ovarian stimulation, we cryopreserved 21 oocytes. We recommend fertility preservation as part of preoperative counseling in young women with severe endometriosis. ..
- Albright C, Frishman G, Bhagavath B. Surgical aspects of removal of Essure microinsert. Contraception. 2013;88:334-6 pubmed publisher..end of the fallopian tube to ensure complete removal of the insert; perform a salpingectomy rather than a salpingostomy. By taking into account these principles, key preoperative counseling points can be discussed, and ..
- Bodner K, Bodner Adler B, Obermair A, Windbichler G, Petru E, Mayerhofer S, et al. Prognostic parameters in endometrial stromal sarcoma: a clinicopathologic study in 31 patients. Gynecol Oncol. 2001;81:160-5 pubmed..Age and adjuvant therapy did not influence overall survival of patients with ESS. Early tumor stage, low myometrial invasion, and low mitotic count are associated with a lengthened overall survival in patients with ESS. ..
- Fennimore I, Simon N, Bills G, Dryfhout V, Schniederjan A. Extension of ovarian tissue into the infundibulopelvic ligament beyond visual margins. Gynecol Oncol. 2009;114:61-3 pubmed publisher..Similar surgical principals need to be applied during oophorectomy by abdominal, laparoscopic and vaginal approach. ..
- Mol F, Mol B, Ankum W, van der Veen F, Hajenius P. Current evidence on surgery, systemic methotrexate and expectant management in the treatment of tubal ectopic pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod Update. 2008;14:309-19 pubmed publisher..A systemic literature search identified 15 trials. Laparoscopic salpingostomy was significantly less successful than the open surgical approach (relative risk, RR 0.9, 95% CI 0.82-0...
- Rachdi R, Messaoudi F, Yazidi M, Ben Temime R, Basly M, Chlayh M, et al. [Surgical laparoscopy in the management of women infertility]. Tunis Med. 2004;82:837-42 pubmed..The rate of intra uterine pregnancy of the 81 followed patients is 40.7% with 23 newborn (28.39%), 5 abortions (6.17%) and 5 current pregnancies (6.17%). The rate of ectopic pregnancies is 3.7%. ..
- Ozmen B, Diedrich K, al Hasani S. Hydrosalpinx and IVF: assessment of treatments implemented prior to IVF. Reprod Biomed Online. 2007;14:235-41 pubmed
- Abasiattai A, Utuk M, Ugege W. Spontaneous heterotrophic pregnancy with tubal rupture and delivery of a live baby at term: a case report. Niger J Med. 2010;19:236-8 pubmed
- Cinel L, Taner D, Nabaei S, Oguz S, Gokmen O. Ovarian fibrosarcoma with five-year survival: a case report. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2002;23:345-6 pubmed..A low proliferation index with Ki-67 was determined. The patient has shown no evidence of recurrent disease for five years. ..
- De Los Ríos J, Castañeda J, Miryam A. Bilateral ectopic pregnancy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2007;14:419-27 pubmed
- Takami M, Maruyama A, Fukai H, Matsumoto H, Togo Y, Takimoto T, et al. [A case of synchronous double cancer responding to UFT--dermoid cyst with secondary malignant transformation and uterine endometrial adenocarcinoma]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2005;32:103-6 pubmed..We conclude that UFT might be benefical in the treatment of advanced gynecologic cancer. ..
- Govaerts I, Grosfils K, Kram I. Severe abdominal bleeding 51 days after laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancy: a case report. Early Pregnancy. 2000;4:200-2 pubmed..It has been reported to result in extratubal secondary trophoblastic implants (ESTI) in 3% to 22% of cases. The aim of this case report is to highlight the factors predicting the risk of ESTI. ..
- Hois E, Hibbeln J, Sclamberg J. Spontaneous twin tubal ectopic gestation. J Clin Ultrasound. 2006;34:352-5 pubmed..We present a case of a viable spontaneous unilateral twin ectopic pregnancy in the right fallopian tube that was diagnosed with transvaginal sonography and subsequently treated with laparotomy and salpingectomy. ..
- Onichimowski D, Stefanowicz M, Waśniewski T. [The effect of pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy on intensity of pain and intraoperative and postoperative complications]. Ginekol Pol. 2003;74:91-7 pubmed..The percentage of intraoperative and postoperative complications in both groups was similar. The lymphadenectomy executed in specialised centres of oncological gynaecology is a safe intervention, with a low number of complications. ..
- Frey C, Poncelet C. [Endoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2011;39:640-3 pubmed publisher..Concerning the choice between salpingostomy and salpingectomy, it depends of the controlateral tubal patency...
- Semm K, Mettler L. Local infiltration of ornithine 8-vasopressin (POR 8) as a vasoconstrictive agent in surgical pelviscopy (applied to myoma enucleation, salpingotomy in cases of tubal pregnancy and peripheral salpingostomy). Endoscopy. 1988;20:298-304 pubmed..Myoma enucleation, longitudinal salpingotomy with conception product extraction in the conservative treatment of a tubal pregnancy, ovarian cystectomy and salpingostomy. The tolerance was optimal no side effects were observed.
- Miller S, Roussi P, Daly M, Scarpato J. New strategies in ovarian cancer: uptake and experience of women at high risk of ovarian cancer who are considering risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:5094-106 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that when designing decision aids, demographic, medical history, and psychosocial variables need to be addressed in order to facilitate quality decision making. ..
- Altinkaya S, Ozat M, Pektas M, Gungor T, Mollamahmutoglu L. Simultaneous bilateral tubal pregnancy after in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;47:338-40 pubmed publisher..One of the embryos had fetal heart motion. Laparoscopic bilateral salpingostomy was performed immediately. The postoperative course was uneventful...
- Ducarme G, Uzan M, Hugues J, Cedrin Durnerin I, Poncelet C. Management of hydrosalpinx before or during in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer: a national postal survey in France. Fertil Steril. 2006;86:1013-6 pubmed..Laparoscopic salpingectomy was recommended and undertaken in less than half of the centers, even though several other treatments were reported and despite medical evidence for this surgical option. ..
- Varras M, Kioses E. Five-year survival of a patient with primary endometrial squamous cell carcinoma: a case report and review of the literature. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2002;23:327-9 pubmed..No adjuvant therapy was given. During the 60-month follow-up period, the patient remained free of disease. This outcome suggests that in the early stage of PESCC, surgical treatment alone is adequate to arrest the disease. ..
- Danoy X, Darbois Y. [Treatment of ectopic pregnancy]. Rev Prat. 2002;52:1785-9 pubmed..Pharmacotherapy by methotrexate is simple to perform, but demands rigourous surveillance. ..
- Cormio G, Loizzi V, Nardelli C, Fattizzi N, Selvaggi L. Non-puerperal uterine inversion due to uterine sarcoma. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2006;61:171-3 pubmed..Chronic non-puerperal uterine inversion can be considered a rare complication of malignant mixed mullerian tumor of the uterus. ..
- Kaczor C. Moral absolutism and ectopic pregnancy. J Med Philos. 2001;26:61-74 pubmed..most often discussed in the literature are non-intervention, salpingectomy (removal of tube with embryo), salpingostomy (removal of embryo alone), and use of methotrexate (MXT)...
- Nakano H, Kawashima M, Okada S, Igarashi T, Nakata M, Ogino M. Effectiveness of laparoscopic gonadectomy using abdominal wall lift method on Turner's syndrome patients with 45, X/46, XY mosaicism. J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A. 2001;11:101-4 pubmed..Laparoscopy using the abdominal wall lift method has an advantage over CO2 pneumoperitoneum method for patients with Turner's syndrome when it is difficult to intubate because of a webbed neck or a shortened trachea. ..
- Yinon Y, Beiner M, Gotlieb W, Korach Y, Perri T, Ben Baruch G. Clinical outcome of cystectomy compared with unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy as fertility-sparing treatment of borderline ovarian tumors. Fertil Steril. 2007;88:479-84 pubmed..Cystectomy, like oophorectomy, appears to be an adequate treatment, provided that the patient is willing to undergo careful and prolonged follow-up. ..
- Kasamatsu T, Onda T, Katsumata N, Sawada M, Yamada T, Tsunematsu R, et al. Prognostic significance of positive peritoneal cytology in endometrial carcinoma confined to the uterus. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:245-50 pubmed
- McClenathan J, Dabadghav N. Pneumoperitoneum secondary to ruptured ovarian abscess. J Am Coll Surg. 2003;196:325 pubmed
- Bildik F, Demircan A, Keles A, Pamukcu G, Biri A, Bildik E. Heterotopic pregnancy presenting with acute left chest pain. Am J Emerg Med. 2008;26:835.e1-2 pubmed publisher..We present a case, admitted to the emergency department, with atypical symptoms including acute left chest pain radiating to left shoulder, at 5 weeks' gestation. ..
- Huang J. External application of chinese drugs on acupoint Shenque combined with salpingostomy for treatment of sterility caused by obstruction of the fallopian tube--a clinical report of 45 cases. J Tradit Chin Med. 2005;25:174-6 pubmed..the therapeutic effect of external application of Chinese drugs on acupoint Shenque (CV 8) combined with salpingostomy for treatment of sterility caused by obstruction of the fallopian tube...
- Samulak D, Michalska M, Wilczak M, Pieta B, Sajdak S. Vaginal hysterectomy aided with surgery by the abdominal approach as a method of hysterectomy with salpingo-oophorectomy due to endometrial carcinoma in a woman with morbid obesity. Case report. Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. 2010;31:475-7 pubmed..Because of her giant obesity, BMI - 51.30 kg/m2, surgery by the abdominal approach was very difficult to perform, so vaginal hysterectomy with salpingo-oophorectomy was carried out. ..
- Le Bouedec G, Bailly C, de Lapasse C, Gimbergues P, Dauplat J. [Retained ovarian remnant carcinoma: a case report]. J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2006;35:829-33 pubmed..Paclitaxel-Platinum combination chemotherapy was given for nine cycles. ..
- Molina Sosa A. [Conservative, laparoscopic and medical treatment of ectopic pregnancy]. Ginecol Obstet Mex. 2007;75:539-48 pubmed..Revision of 65 files of ectopic pregnancy with salpingocentesis, lineal salpingostomy and methotrexate terapy. Salpingocentesis and lineal salpingostomy prove tube permeability in 81...
- Muresan D, Stamatian F, Ona D, Cruciat G, Caracostea G, Rotar I, et al. [Current trends in the treatment of ectopic pregnancy]. Chirurgia (Bucur). 2008;103:73-8 pubmed..05). These results confirm the medical and economical advantages of the laparoscopic approach and recommend laparoscopy as the election method in the management of ectopic pregnancy. ..
- Pal L, Parkash V, Rutherford T. Omental trophoblastic implants and hemoperitoneum after laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancy. A case report. J Reprod Med. 2003;48:57-9 pubmed..A 28-year-old woman, para 2, underwent laparoscopic salpingostomy for ectopic pregnancy...