Genomes and Genes
Summary: Synthetic analogs of NUCLEIC ACIDS composed of morpholine ring derivatives (MORPHOLINES) linked by phosphorodimidates. One standard DNA nucleic acid base (ADENINE; GUANINE; CYTOSINE; OR THYMINE) is bound to each morpholine ring.
- Joris M, Schloesser M, Baurain D, Hanikenne M, Muller M, Motte P. Number of inadvertent RNA targets for morpholino knockdown in Danio rerio is largely underestimated: evidence from the study of Ser/Arg-rich splicing factors. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9547-9557 pubmed publisher..Our data contribute to the debate about MO specificity, efficacy and the number of unknown targeted sequences. ..
- Kobayashi D, Asano Hoshino A, Nakakura T, Nishimaki T, Ansai S, Kinoshita M, et al. Loss of zinc finger MYND-type containing 10 (zmynd10) affects cilia integrity and axonemal localization of dynein arms, resulting in ciliary dysmotility, polycystic kidney and scoliosis in medaka (Oryzias latipes). Dev Biol. 2017;430:69-79 pubmed publisher..Adult mutants exhibited sperm dysmotility, scoliosis and progressive polycystic kidney. ..
- Williams R, Winkfein R, Ginger R, Green M, Schnetkamp P, Wheeler G. A functional approach to understanding the role of NCKX5 in Xenopus pigmentation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180465 pubmed publisher..Further rescue experiments including the use of ion exchange inactive SLC24A5 constructs raise the possibility that full ion exchanger function of NCKX5 may not be required for rescue of pigmentation. ..
- Lai J, Collins M, Uribe V, Jiménez Amilburu V, Günther S, Maischein H, et al. The Hippo pathway effector Wwtr1 regulates cardiac wall maturation in zebrafish. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that Wwtr1 establishes the compact wall architecture necessary for trabeculation, and that Nrg/Erbb2 signaling negatively regulates its nuclear localization and therefore its activity. ..
- Wong H, Lin J, Ströhl F, Roque C, Cioni J, Cagnetta R, et al. RNA Docking and Local Translation Regulate Site-Specific Axon Remodeling In Vivo. Neuron. 2017;95:852-868.e8 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a requirement for LPS in building arbor complexity and suggest a key role for pre-synaptic LPS in assembling neural circuits. ..
- Ke W, Ye D, Mersch K, Xu H, Chen S, Lin F. G?1 is required for neutrophil migration in zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;428:135-147 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data indicate that G?1 signaling controls proper neutrophil migration by activating PI3K and modulating actin dynamics. Moreover, they illustrate a role for a specific G? isoform in chemotaxis in vivo. ..
- Miyake A, Mekata Y, Fujibayashi H, Nakanishi K, Konishi M, Itoh N. Brorin is required for neurogenesis, gliogenesis, and commissural axon guidance in the zebrafish forebrain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176036 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that Brorin is a secreted Bmp antagonist predominantly expressed in developing neural tissues and that it plays multiple roles in the development of the zebrafish forebrain. ..
- Janesick A, Tang W, Nguyen T, Blumberg B. RAR?2 is required for vertebrate somitogenesis. Development. 2017;144:1997-2008 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate for the first time an early and essential role for RAR?2 in vertebrate somitogenesis. ..
- Karunakaran D, Kanadia R. In Vivo and Explant Electroporation of Morpholinos in the Developing Mouse Retina. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1565:215-227 pubmed publisher..Here, we describe a rapid and efficient delivery of morpholinos to add another tool to perturb gene expression during mouse retinal development.
- Vejlegaard K, Paul S, Kosbar T, Wengel J, Caruthers M. Oligodeoxynucleotides containing 2'-amino-LNA nucleotides as constrained morpholino phosphoramidate and phosphorodiamidate monomers. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3173-3176 pubmed publisher..Thermal denaturation studies showed that the novel 2'-amino-LNA-based morpholino monomers exert a destabilizing effects on duplexes formed with complementary DNA and RNA. ..
- D Agati G, Beltre R, Sessa A, Burger A, Zhou Y, Mosimann C, et al. A defect in the mitochondrial protein Mpv17 underlies the transparent casper zebrafish. Dev Biol. 2017;430:11-17 pubmed publisher..Identification of mpv17 mutants will allow for further work probing the relationship between mitochondrial function and pigmentation, which has to date received little attention. ..
- Piatek M, HENDERSON V, Fearn A, Chaudhry B, Werner A. Ectopically expressed Slc34a2a sense-antisense transcripts cause a cerebellar phenotype in zebrafish embryos depending on RNA complementarity and Dicer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178219 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that RNAi is involved in gene regulation by certain natural antisense RNAs. ..
- Kyritsi K, Meng F, Zhou T, Wu N, Venter J, Francis H, et al. Knockdown of Hepatic Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone by Vivo-Morpholino Decreases Liver Fibrosis in Multidrug Resistance Gene 2 Knockout Mice by Down-Regulation of miR-200b. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1551-1565 pubmed publisher..Targeting the GnRH/GnRHR1/miR-200b axis may be key for the management of hepatic fibrosis during the progression of PSC. ..
- Stein C, Castanotto D. FDA-Approved Oligonucleotide Therapies in 2017. Mol Ther. 2017;25:1069-1075 pubmed publisher..Of all the molecules evaluated as of January 2017, the regulatory authorities assessed that six provided clear clinical benefit in rigorously controlled trials. The story of these six is given in this review. ..