Genomes and Genes
Summary: Chemically-engineered oligonucleotides used to selectively inhibit expression of target genes through sequence-specific binding of corresponding microRNA (miRNA) sites.
- Hu X, Xie Q, Chen C, Zhang W, Yu B. Let-7a Inhibits T-Cell Proliferation and IFN-? Secretion by Down-Regulating STAT3 Expression in Patients with Psoriasis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:115-125 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that let-7a inhibits T-cell proliferation and IFN-? secretion by down-regulating STAT3 in psoriasis. ..
- Ma N, Zhang W, Qiao C, Luo H, Zhang X, Liu D, et al. The Tumor Suppressive Role of MiRNA-509-5p by Targeting FOXM1 in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1435-46 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings provide further evidence that miR-509-5p may be considered as a novel and potential target for the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of NSCLC. ..
- Jin X, Jin H, Shi Y, Guo Y, Zhang H. Long Non-Coding RNA KCNQ1OT1 Promotes Cataractogenesis via miR-214 and Activation of the Caspase-1 Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:295-305 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence that the KCNQ1OT1-miR-214-caspase-1 regulatory network is a novel mechanism for promoting cataract formation. ..
- Sun J, Gao X, Meng D, Xu Y, Wang X, Gu X, et al. Antagomirs Targeting MicroRNA-134 Increase Limk1 Levels After Experimental Seizures in Vitro and in Vivo. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:636-643 pubmed publisher..The present study aims to investigate the effects of antagomirs targeting miroRNA-134 (Ant-134) on limk1 expression and the binding of miR-134 and limk1 in experimental seizure...
- Tang X, Lin J, Wang G, Lu J. MicroRNA-433-3p promotes osteoblast differentiation through targeting DKK1 expression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179860 pubmed publisher..Conclusively, our findings further emphasized the vital role of miR-433-3p in DKK1/WNT/?-catenin pathway through decreasing DKK1 expression and inducing osteoblasts differentiation. ..
- Jiang L, Zhao Z, Zheng L, Xue L, Zhan Q, Song Y. Downregulation of miR-503 Promotes ESCC Cell Proliferation, Migration, and Invasion by Targeting Cyclin D1. Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics. 2017;15:208-217 pubmed publisher..Our study further identified CCND1 as the target gene of miR-503. Thus, miR-503 functions as a tumor suppressor and has an important role in ESCC by targeting CCND1. ..
- Li J, Wang H, Yao Y, Sun Q, Liu Z, Liu S, et al. Overexpression of microRNA-138 alleviates human coronary artery endothelial cell injury and inflammatory response by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt/eNOS pathway. J Cell Mol Med. 2017;21:1482-1491 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that up-regulation of miR-138 alleviates HCAEC injury and inflammatory response by inhibiting the PI3K/Akt/eNOS signalling pathway. ..
- Chen J, Xu Y, Tao L, Pan Y, Zhang K, Wang R, et al. MiRNA-26a Contributes to the Acquisition of Malignant Behaviors of Doctaxel-Resistant Lung Adenocarcinoma Cells through Targeting EZH2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:583-597 pubmed publisher..MiR-26a/EZH2 signal pathway makes contribute to the malignant phenotype of docetaxel-resistant of LAD cells which indicated that miR-26a exerts pivotal functions in the molecular etiology of chemoresistant lung adenocarcinoma. ..
- Fan P, He L, Hu N, Luo J, Zhang J, Mo L, et al. Effect of 1,25-(OH)2D3 on Proliferation of Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes and Expressions of Pro-Inflammatory Cytokines through Regulating MicroRNA-22 in a Rat Model of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:145-155 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that 1,25-(OH)2D3 inhibits the proliferation of FLS and alleviates inflammatory response in RA rats by down-regulating miR-22. ..
- Hu C, Du P, Zhang H, Huang G. Long Noncoding RNA CRNDE Promotes Proliferation of Gastric Cancer Cells by Targeting miR-145. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:13-21 pubmed publisher..CRNDE acted as a growth-promoting lncRNA in GC and maybe a potential target of GC treatment. ..
- Deng H, Chu X, Song Z, Deng X, Xu H, Ye Y, et al. MicroRNA-1185 Induces Endothelial Cell Apoptosis by Targeting UVRAG and KRIT1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;41:2171-2182 pubmed publisher..The results revealed the impact of miR-1185 on endothelial apoptosis, suggesting that miR-1185 may be a potential target for the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis. ..
- Lu Z, Wu J, Jiang W, Xiao J, Tao K, Ma L, et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes the pathogenesis of experimental colitis by repressing SHIP-1 expression. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:976-985 pubmed publisher..MiR-155 promotes experimental colitis by repressing SHIP-1 expression. Thus, the inhibition of miR-155 might be a promising strategy for therapy. ..
- Chandrasekaran K, Sathyanarayanan A, Karunagaran D. miR-214 activates TP53 but suppresses the expression of RELA, CTNNB1, and STAT3 in human cervical and colorectal cancer cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2017;35:464-471 pubmed publisher..Hence, it is proposed that miR-214 might act as a tumour suppressor by regulating several aberrant signalling pathways through HMGA1. This knowledge has the potential to help design novel therapeutic strategies in CaCx and CRC...
- Bai J, Xiao X, Zhang X, Cui H, Hao J, Han J, et al. Erythropoietin Inhibits Hypoxia-Induced Epithelial-To-Mesenchymal Transition via Upregulation of miR-200b in HK-2 Cells. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;42:269-280 pubmed publisher..miR-200 mediates the protective effects of EPO on EMT in hypoxic HK-2 cells. EPO attenuated hypoxia-induced EMT by increasing miR-200 expression via the repression of Ets-1. ..
- Gaudelot K, Gibier J, Pottier N, Hemon B, Van Seuningen I, Glowacki F, et al. Targeting miR-21 decreases expression of multi-drug resistant genes and promotes chemosensitivity of renal carcinoma. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317707372 pubmed publisher..In renal cell carcinoma, targeting miR-21 is a potential new therapeutic strategy to improve chemotherapy efficacy and consequently patient outcome. ..
- Dai X, Li M, Geng F. Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Eicosapentaenoic Acid and Docosahexaenoic Acid Enhance Dexamethasone Sensitivity in Multiple Myeloma Cells by the p53/miR-34a/Bcl-2 Axis. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2017;82:826-833 pubmed publisher..In summary, these results suggest that PUFAs enhance dexamethasone sensitivity to MM cells through the p53/miR-34a axis with a likely contribution of Bcl-2 suppression. ..
- Li P, Sun Y, Liu Q. MicroRNA-340 Induces Apoptosis and Inhibits Metastasis of Ovarian Cancer Cells by Inactivation of NF-x03BA;B1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1915-27 pubmed publisher..miR-340 induced cell apoptosis and inhibited metastasis in OC cells by down-regulation of NF-x03BA;B1. ..
- Sun W, Zhao L, Song X, Zhang J, Xing Y, Liu N, et al. MicroRNA-210 Modulates the Cellular Energy Metabolism Shift During H2O2-Induced Oxidative Stress by Repressing ISCU in H9c2 Cardiomyocytes. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:383-394 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to investigate whether microRNA(miR-210) regulates the energy metabolism shift during oxidative stress in H9c2 cardiomyocytes...
- Zhou L, Xu Z, Ren X, Chen K, Xin S. MicroRNA-124 (MiR-124) Inhibits Cell Proliferation, Metastasis and Invasion in Colorectal Cancer by Downregulating Rho-Associated Protein Kinase 1(ROCK1). Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016;38:1785-95 pubmed publisher..More importantly, increased ROCK1 expression or inhibited miR-124 expression may constitute effective new therapeutic strategies for the treatment of renal cancer in the future. ..