ocular physiological phenomena
Summary: Processes and properties of the EYE as a whole or of any of its parts.
- Nixon R, Paskevich P, Sihag R, Thayer C. Phosphorylation on carboxyl terminus domains of neurofilament proteins in retinal ganglion cell neurons in vivo: influences on regional neurofilament accumulation, interneurofilament spacing, and axon caliber. J Cell Biol. 1994;126:1031-46 pubmed
- Rose A. The sensitivity performance of the human eye on an absolute scale. J Opt Soc Am. 1948;38:196-208 pubmed
- Watanabe M. [Brodmann Areas 8 and 9 Including the Frontal Eye Field]. Brain Nerve. 2017;69:347-354 pubmed publisher..The DMPFC is also known to show "default mode of brain activity" (i.e., more activity during rest than during cognitive task). ..
- Buonocore A, Fracasso A, Melcher D. Pre-saccadic perception: Separate time courses for enhancement and spatial pooling at the saccade target. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178902 pubmed publisher..We did not find strong evidence for un-crowding. Overall, our pattern of results was consistent with both an early, general enhancement at the saccade target and a later, peri-saccadic compression/pooling towards the saccade target. ..
- Eriksdotter Nilsson M, Skirboll S, Ebendal T, Hersh L, Grassi J, Massoulie J, et al. NGF treatment promotes development of basal forebrain tissue grafts in the anterior chamber of the eye. Exp Brain Res. 1989;74:89-98 pubmed..These results support the notion that NGF acts as a neurotrophic factor on cholinergic and possibly non-cholinergic cells in the central nervous system. ..