Summary: A condition of abnormally high level of PHOSPHATES in the blood, usually significantly above the normal range of 0.84-1.58 mmol per liter of serum.
- St Peter W, Wazny L, Weinhandl E, Cardone K, Hudson J. A Review of Phosphate Binders in Chronic Kidney Disease: Incremental Progress or Just Higher Costs?. Drugs. 2017;77:1155-1186 pubmed publisherAs kidney disease progresses, phosphorus retention also increases, and phosphate binders are used to treat hyperphosphatemia. Clinicians prescribe phosphate binders thinking that reducing total body burden of phosphorus may decrease ..
- Merhi B, SHIREMAN T, Carpenter M, Kusek J, Jacques P, Pfeffer M, et al. Serum Phosphorus and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease, All-Cause Mortality, or Graft Failure in Kidney Transplant Recipients: An Ancillary Study of the FAVORIT Trial Cohort. Am J Kidney Dis. 2017;70:377-385 pubmed publisherMild hyperphosphatemia is a putative risk factor for cardiovascular disease [CVD], loss of kidney function, and mortality...
- Chao C, Liu Y, Su S, Yeh H, Chen H, Lee P, et al. Circulating MicroRNA-125b Predicts the Presence and Progression of Uremic Vascular Calcification. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1402-1414 pubmed publisher..rat and human aortic vascular smooth muscle cells were treated with high levels of phosphate to mimic uremic hyperphosphatemia. Using an Affymetrix microRNA array, we found that miR-125b and miR-382 expression levels declined ..
- Ignaszewski M, Kohlitz P. Treatment-naïve spontaneous tumor lysis syndrome in metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma: An unusual suspect. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1384.e1-1384.e2 pubmed publisher..occurred in a 69-year-old male with metastatic prostate adenocarcinoma with hyperkalemia, hyperuricemia, hyperphosphatemia, hypocalcemia, elevated liver enzymes, AKI and hemodynamic instability...
- Broman M, Wilsson A, Hansson F, Klarin B. Analysis of Hypo- and Hyperphosphatemia in an Intensive Care Unit Cohort. Anesth Analg. 2017;124:1897-1905 pubmed publisher..during 2006-2014 were retrospectively divided into a control group and 3 study groups: hypophosphatemia, hyperphosphatemia, and a mixed group showing both hypo/hyperphosphatemia...
- Strauss P, Hamlin S, Dang J. Tumor Lysis Syndrome: A Unique Solute Disturbance. Nurs Clin North Am. 2017;52:309-320 pubmed publisher..Advanced practice nurses may be in the position of triaging and initiating treatment of patients with TLS, and need a thorough understanding of the syndrome and its treatment. ..
- Shang D, Xie Q, Shang B, Zhang M, You L, Hao C, et al. Hyperphosphatemia and hs-CRP Initiate the Coronary Artery Calcification in Peritoneal Dialysis Patients. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:2520510 pubmed publisher..Multivariate analysis revealed that hyperphosphatemia and hs-CRP were the independent risk factors for CAC initiation after adjustments. Conclusions...
- Chertow G, Levin N, Beck G, Depner T, Eggers P, Gassman J, et al. In-center hemodialysis six times per week versus three times per week. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:2287-300 pubmed publisher..71; 95% CI, 1.08 to 2.73). Frequent hemodialysis was associated with improved control of hypertension and hyperphosphatemia. There were no significant effects of frequent hemodialysis on cognitive performance, self-reported ..