Genomes and Genes
Summary: Conditions with excess LIPIDS in the blood.
- Kannel W, Castelli W, Gordon T. Cholesterol in the prediction of atherosclerotic disease. New perspectives based on the Framingham study. Ann Intern Med. 1979;90:85-91 pubmed..The previous position that virtually all of the lipid information pertaining to coronary heart disease resided in the serum total cholesterol must be accordingly modified. ..
- Cheon S, Chung K, Lee K, Choi H, Ham I, Jung D, et al. HVC1 ameliorates hyperlipidemia and inflammation in LDLR-/- mice. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:222 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that HVC1 might be effective in preventing high-cholesterol diet-induced hyperlipidemia by regulating the genes involved in cholesterol and lipid metabolism, and inflammatory responses. ..
- Skolnik N, Jaffa F, Kalyani R, Johnson E, Shubrook J. Reducing CV risk in diabetes: An ADA update. J Fam Pract. 2017;66:300-308 pubmed..This Q&A highlights changes to the ADA's 2017 Standards of Care to help you fine-tune your approach to patients who have, or are at risk for, atherosclerotic CV disease. ..
- Walker C. Antioxidant supplements do not improve mortality and may cause harm. Am Fam Physician. 2008;78:1079-80 pubmed
- Zamacona M, Suarez E, Garcia E, Aguirre C, Calvo R. The significance of lipoproteins in serum binding variations of propofol. Anesth Analg. 1998;87:1147-51 pubmed..We found that propofol binds extensively to all lipoprotein fractions. Propofol binding showed a significant relationship with the serum levels of cholesterol and triglycerides. ..
- Siegler I, Peterson B, Barefoot J, Williams R. Hostility during late adolescence predicts coronary risk factors at mid-life. Am J Epidemiol. 1992;136:146-54 pubmed..117). These associations are large enough to have possible public health significance. We conclude that hostility may contribute to health problems through its influences on several coronary risk factors across the adult life span. ..
- Guo F, Zi T, Liu L, Feng R, Sun C. A 1H-NMR based metabolomics study of the intervention effect of mangiferin on hyperlipidemia hamsters induced by a high-fat diet. Food Funct. 2017;8:2455-2464 pubmed publisher..These findings provided new essential information on the effects of mangiferin and demonstrated the great potential of this nutrimetabolomics approach. ..
- Elsheikh E, Younoszai Z, Otgonsuren M, Hunt S, Raybuck B, Younossi Z. Markers of endothelial dysfunction in patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and coronary artery disease. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014;29:1528-34 pubmed
- Antony P, Gandhi G, Stalin A, Balakrishna K, Toppo E, Sivasankaran K, et al. Myoinositol ameliorates high-fat diet and streptozotocin-induced diabetes in rats through promoting insulin receptor signaling. Biomed Pharmacother. 2017;88:1098-1113 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that myoinositol could play an effective role in glucose disposal into adipose tissue by insulin-dependent signaling cascade mechanism; hence it could be used in the treatment of obesity-associated T2DM. ..
- Gabunia K, Herman A, Ray M, Kelemen S, England R, DeLa Cadena R, et al. Induction of MiR133a expression by IL-19 targets LDLRAP1 and reduces oxLDL uptake in VSMC. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2017;105:38-48 pubmed publisher..Expression of miR133a in IL-19 stimulated VSMC represents a previously unrecognized link between vascular lipid metabolism and inflammation, and may represent a therapeutic opportunity to combat vascular inflammatory diseases. ..
- De Marco V, Noronha K, Casado T, Nakandakare E, Florio J, Santos E, et al. Therapy of Canine Hyperlipidemia with Bezafibrate. J Vet Intern Med. 2017;31:717-722 pubmed publisher..No adverse effects were observed, but ALT activity decreased significantly after 30 days of treatment. Over 30 days, BZF was safe and effective in treatment of primary and secondary hyperlipidemia in dogs. ..
- Jones J. Fat embolism and osteonecrosis. Orthop Clin North Am. 1985;16:595-633 pubmed..Intraosseous fat embolism, then, appears to trigger a three-phase thrombotic process of focal intravascular coagulation that results in osteonecrosis. ..
- Piepoli M, Hoes A, Agewall S, Albus C, Brotons C, Catapano A, et al. 2016 European Guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention in clinical practice: The Sixth Joint Task Force of the European Society of Cardiology and Other Societies on Cardiovascular Disease Prevention in Clinical Practice (constituted by represe. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:2315-2381 pubmed publisher
- Passero S, Burgalassi L, D Andrea P, Battistini N. Recurrence of bleeding in patients with primary intracerebral hemorrhage. Stroke. 1995;26:1189-92 pubmed
- Lee S, Lee T, Yang S, Peng Y, Yeh H, Chang C. The association of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and metabolic syndrome in a Chinese population. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int. 2017;16:176-180 pubmed..55, 95% CI: 2.22-2.94). The individuals with NAFLD had a higher ratio of metabolic syndrome. Hyperlipidemia had the strongest positive association with NAFLD. ..
- Pupek A, Matthewson B, Whitman E, Fullarton R, Chen Y. Comparison of pneumatic tube system with manual transport for routine chemistry, hematology, coagulation and blood gas tests. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2017;55:1537-1544 pubmed publisher..The modern PTS investigated in this study is acceptable for reliable sample delivery for routine chemistry, hematology, coagulation and blood gas (in syringe and capillary tube) laboratory tests. ..
- Cooney K, Molden B, Kowalczyk N, Russell S, Baldini G. Lipid stress inhibits endocytosis of melanocortin-4 receptor from modified clathrin-enriched sites and impairs receptor desensitization. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17731-17745 pubmed publisher..We conclude that increased effectiveness of MC4R agonists in obesity may be an unexpected outcome of neuronal injury with disrupted clathrin-dependent endocytosis and impaired receptor desensitization. ..
- Søndergaard E, Johansen R, Jensen M, Nielsen S. Postprandial VLDL-TG metabolism in type 2 diabetes. Metabolism. 2017;75:25-35 pubmed publisher..This may indicate that abnormalities in postprandial VLDL-TG metabolism are a consequence of obesity/insulin resistance more than a result of type 2 diabetes per se. ..
- Brott T, Halperin J, Abbara S, Bacharach J, Barr J, Bush R, et al. 2011 ASA/ACCF/AHA/AANN/AANS/ACR/ASNR/CNS/SAIP/SCAI/SIR/SNIS/SVM/SVS guideline on the management of patients with extracranial carotid and vertebral artery disease. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association T. Circulation. 2011;124:e54-130 pubmed publisher
- Chia Y, Lim H, Ching S. Does use of pooled cohort risk score overestimate the use of statin?: a retrospective cohort study in a primary care setting. BMC Fam Pract. 2014;15:172 pubmed publisher..The pooled cohort risk score does not increase the absolute number of patients who are actually treated with statins. However these findings and the use of the pooled cohort risk score need to be validated further. ..
- Kaneva A, Potolitsyna N, Liudinina A, Alisultanova N, BoÄko E. [The low content of apolipoprotein E as a risk factor of increasing of ratio apolipoprotein B/A-1 in healthy males with normal lipemia]. Klin Lab Diagn. 2014;59:32-6 pubmed..Therefore, low content of apoE in blood can be considered as a predictor of increasing of ratio apoB/apoA-1 in healthy persons. ..
- Hu X, Han X, Yang Z, Hu Y, Tang J. [The impact of broadened diagnostic criteria on the prevalence of hypertension, hyperlipidemia and diabetes mellitus in China]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2017;51:369-377 pubmed publisher..59???????????????????????????2 710???2010????????4 800??56%? ??? ???50%???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????"??"??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Warnick G, Albers J. A comprehensive evaluation of the heparin-manganese precipitation procedure for estimating high density lipoprotein cholesterol. J Lipid Res. 1978;19:65-76 pubmed
- Leong K, Koh E, Feng P, Boey M. Lipid profiles in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol. 1994;21:1264-7 pubmed..Abnormal lipid profiles are common in this group of patients with SLE. High dose steroids and the nephrotic syndrome are important contributing factors. ..
- Surdacki A, Nowicki M, Sandmann J, Tsikas D, Boeger R, Bode Boeger S, et al. Reduced urinary excretion of nitric oxide metabolites and increased plasma levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine in men with essential hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1999;33:652-8 pubmed..Circulating ADMA levels are increased in uncomplicated EH, which may be of potential relevance. ..
- Pineda Torra I, Gervois P, Staels B. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha in metabolic disease, inflammation, atherosclerosis and aging. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1999;10:151-9 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate a modulatory role for PPAR alpha in the pathogenesis of age-related disorders, such as dyslipidemia, insulin resistance and chronic inflammation, predisposing to atherosclerosis. ..
- . Prevalence of abnormal lipid levels among youths --- United States, 1999-2006. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010;59:29-33 pubmed
- DeFronzo R, Ferrannini E. Insulin resistance. A multifaceted syndrome responsible for NIDDM, obesity, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Diabetes Care. 1991;14:173-94 pubmed
- . Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report. Circulation. 2002;106:3143-421 pubmed
- Dhruva S, Huang C, Spatz E, Coppi A, Warner F, Li S, et al. Heterogeneity in Early Responses in ALLHAT (Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial). Hypertension. 2017;70:94-102 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate heterogeneity in response to antihypertensive therapies and show that chlorthalidone is associated with more favorable initial response than the other medications. ..
- Druss B, Ji X, Glick G, von Esenwein S. Randomized trial of an electronic personal health record for patients with serious mental illnesses. Am J Psychiatry. 2014;171:360-8 pubmed publisher..Personal health records could provide a relatively low-cost scalable strategy for improving medical care for patients with comorbid medical and serious mental illnesses. ..
- Tang Y, Zhong Z. Obtusifolin treatment improves hyperlipidemia and hyperglycemia: possible mechanism involving oxidative stress. Cell Biochem Biophys. 2014;70:1751-7 pubmed..05, P < 0.01, P < 0.001). These results suggest that obtusifolin has antioxidant properties and improves chemically induced diabetes and its complications by modulation of oxidative stress. ..
- Bagchi S, He Y, Zhang H, Cao L, Van Rhijn I, Moody D, et al. CD1b-autoreactive T cells contribute to hyperlipidemia-induced skin inflammation in mice. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2339-2352 pubmed publisher..As a large proportion of psoriatic patients are dyslipidemic, this finding is of clinical significance and indicates that self-lipid-reactive T cells might serve as a possible link between hyperlipidemia and psoriasis. ..
- Fusco F, Gomes D, Bispo K, Toledo V, Barbeiro D, Capelozzi V, et al. Low-sodium diet induces atherogenesis regardless of lowering blood pressure in hypertensive hyperlipidemic mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177086 pubmed publisher..These negative effects on the arterial wall were reduced by AT1 receptor antagonism, demonstrating the influence of angiotensin II in atherogenesis induced by a severely LS diet. ..
- Hiatt W. Medical treatment of peripheral arterial disease and claudication. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:1608-21 pubmed
- Liang P, Zhang M, Cheng W, Lin W, Chen L. Proteomic Analysis of the Effect of DHA-Phospholipids from Large Yellow Croaker Roe on Hyperlipidemic Mice. J Agric Food Chem. 2017;65:5107-5113 pubmed publisher..These results not only improve our current understanding of hyperlipidemic regulation by DHA-PL, but also suggest that DHA-PL should be applied as a beneficial food additive. ..
- Hwang J, Choi H, Kim S, Chung S, Hur H, Park J, et al. Hypolipidemic Activity of Quercus acutissima Fruit Ethanol Extract is Mediated by Inhibition of Acetylation. J Med Food. 2017;20:542-549 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations suggest that QF acts as an HAT inhibitor and attenuates adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes, resulting in the mitigation of HFD-induced obesity. ..
- RAHMAN K, Vengrenyuk Y, Ramsey S, Vila N, Girgis N, Liu J, et al. Inflammatory Ly6Chi monocytes and their conversion to M2 macrophages drive atherosclerosis regression. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2904-2915 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that continued recruitment of Ly6Chi inflammatory monocytes and their STAT6-dependent polarization to the M2 state are required for resolution of atherosclerotic inflammation and plaque regression. ..