Summary: Neurons whose primary neurotransmitter is ACETYLCHOLINE.
- Barbagallo B, Philbrook A, Touroutine D, Banerjee N, Oliver D, Lambert C, et al. Excitatory neurons sculpt GABAergic neuronal connectivity in the C. elegans motor circuit. Development. 2017;144:1807-1819 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that GABAergic signaling is regulated by cholinergic neuronal activity, probably through distinct mechanisms in the developing and mature nervous system. ..
- Wang Y, Wang Y, Chen Z. [The role of central cholinergic system in epilepsy]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2017;46:15-21 pubmed..With the development of optogenetics and other techniques, dissect and regulate cholinergic related epilepsy circuit has become a hotspot of epilepsy research. ..
- Pitchers K, Phillips K, Jones J, Robinson T, Sarter M. Diverse Roads to Relapse: A Discriminative Cue Signaling Cocaine Availability Is More Effective in Renewing Cocaine Seeking in Goal Trackers Than Sign Trackers and Depends on Basal Forebrain Cholinergic Activity. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7198-7208 pubmed publisher..Thereafter, half of the rats received an immunotoxic lesion that destroyed 40-50% of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons and later, after extinction training, were tested for the ability of noncontingent presentations of the DS<..
- López Hernández G, Ananth M, Jiang L, Ballinger E, Talmage D, Role L. Electrophysiological properties of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons identified by genetic and optogenetic tagging. J Neurochem. 2017;142 Suppl 2:103-110 pubmed publisher..genetically modified mouse lines have allowed precise identification and selective stimulation of cholinergic neurons in vivo...
- BardÃ³czi Z, PÃ¡l B, KÅ‘szeghy Ã, Wilheim T, Watanabe M, ZÃ¡borszky L, et al. Glycinergic Input to the Mouse Basal Forebrain Cholinergic Neurons. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9534-9549 pubmed publisher..Potential neuronal as well as glial sources of glycine were indicated in the extracellular space of cholinergic neurons by glycine transporter type 1 (GLYT1)- and GLYT2-IR processes found in apposition to ChAT-IR cells...
- Zhai Q, Lai D, Cui P, Zhou R, Chen Q, Hou J, et al. Selective Activation of Basal Forebrain Cholinergic Neurons Attenuates Polymicrobial Sepsis-Induced Inflammation via the Cholinergic Anti-Inflammatory Pathway. Crit Care Med. 2017;45:e1075-e1082 pubmed publisherBasal forebrain cholinergic neurons are proposed as a major neuromodulatory system in inflammatory modulation...
- Joachim S, Renner M, Reinhard J, Theiss C, May C, Lohmann S, et al. Protective effects on the retina after ranibizumab treatment in an ischemia model. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182407 pubmed publisher..004). Our findings demonstrate that photoreceptors and RGCs are protected by ranibizumab treatment. Only amacrine cells cannot be rescued. They seem to be particularly sensitive to ischemic damage and need maybe an earlier intervention. ..
- Alam M, McGinty D. Acute effects of alcohol on sleep are mediated by components of homeostatic sleep regulatory system: An Editorial Highlight for 'Lesions of the basal forebrain cholinergic neurons attenuates sleepiness and adenosine after alcohol consumption' on page. J Neurochem. 2017;142:620-623 pubmed publisher..This editorial highlights the study entitled, "Lesions of the basal forebrain cholinergic neurons attenuates sleepiness and adenosine after alcohol consumption" by Sharma and colleagues...
- Muramatsu I, Uwada J, Masuoka T, Yoshiki H, Sada K, Lee K, et al. Regulation of synaptic acetylcholine concentrations by acetylcholine transport in rat striatal cholinergic transmission. J Neurochem. 2017;143:76-86 pubmed publisher..In addition, these data suggest that the recycling of ACh-derived choline may be minor in cholinergic terminals. This study reveals a new mechanism of cholinergic transmission in the central nervous system. ..
- Boppana S, Kendall N, Akinrinsola O, White D, Patel K, Lawal H. Immunolocalization of the vesicular acetylcholine transporter in larval and adult Drosophila neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2017;643:76-83 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings help establish the vesicular localization of VAChT in cholinergic neurons in Drosophila and present an important molecular tool with which to dissect the function of the transporter ..