Genomes and Genes
Summary: The origin, production or development of cancer through genotypic and phenotypic changes which upset the normal balance between cell proliferation and cell death. Carcinogenesis generally requires a constellation of steps, which may occur quickly or over a period of many years.
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Lo A, Dawson C, Young L, Lo K. The role of metabolic reprogramming in ?-herpesvirus-associated oncogenesis. Int J Cancer. 2017;141:1512-1521 pubmed publisher..Strategies that target deregulated metabolic phenotypes induced by ?-herpesviruses provide new opportunities for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Xie Q, Wang Z. Transcriptional regulation of the Nkx3.1 gene in prostate luminal stem cell specification and cancer initiation via its 3' genomic region. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:13521-13530 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the GFP reporter specifically labeled CARNs in the regressed prostate only in the presence of cell-autonomous AR, supporting a facultative model for CARN specification. ..
- Gao D, Cazares L, Fish E. CCL5-CCR5 interactions modulate metabolic events during tumor onset to promote tumorigenesis. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:834 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CCL5-CCR5 interactions in the tumor microenvironment modulate metabolic events during tumor onset to promote tumorigenesis. ..
- Marinakis E, Bagkos G, Piperi C, Roussou P, Diamanti Kandarakis E. Critical role of RAGE in lung physiology and tumorigenesis: a potential target of therapeutic intervention?. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2014;52:189-200 pubmed publisher..This review addresses the differential properties of RAGE in lung physiology and carcinogenesis, providing evidence of therapeutic possibilities.
- Yanagi T, Hata H, Mizuno E, Kitamura S, Imafuku K, Nakazato S, et al. PCTAIRE1/CDK16/PCTK1 is overexpressed in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and regulates p27 stability and cell cycle. J Dermatol Sci. 2017;86:149-157 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a crucial function for PCTAIRE1 in regulating p27, c-Myc levels and tumor growth in cutaneous SCC cells, suggesting that PCTAIRE1 could be a novel target for skin tumor treatment. ..
- Oliveira V, Constante S, Orsolin P, Nepomuceno J, de Rezende A, Spanó M. Modulatory effects of metformin on mutagenicity and epithelial tumor incidence in doxorubicin-treated Drosophila melanogaster. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;106:283-291 pubmed publisher..In the evaluation of carcinogenesis, MET alone did not induce tumors...
- Mohamed E, Cao Y, Rodriguez P. Endoplasmic reticulum stress regulates tumor growth and anti-tumor immunity: a promising opportunity for cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:1069-1078 pubmed publisher..We postulate that the inhibition of ER stress or the UPR-related elements could represent a significant approach to increase the efficacy of various forms of cancer immunotherapy. ..
- Jin H, Chen L, Wang S, Chao D. Portulaca oleracea extract can inhibit nodule formation of colon cancer stem cells by regulating gene expression of the Notch signal transduction pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708699 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it inhibits the expression of the Notch1 and ?-catenin genes. Taken together, this suggests that it may elicit its effects through regulatory and target genes that mediate the Notch signal transduction pathway. ..
- Kadic E, Moniz R, Huo Y, Chi A, Kariv I. Effect of cryopreservation on delineation of immune cell subpopulations in tumor specimens as determinated by multiparametric single cell mass cytometry analysis. BMC Immunol. 2017;18:6 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that optimization and evaluation of cryopreservation protocols is necessary for accurate biomarker discovery in frozen tumor specimens. ..
- Xin Y, Li Z, Zheng H, Ho J, Chan M, Wu W. Neuro-oncological ventral antigen 1 (NOVA1): Implications in neurological diseases and cancers. Cell Prolif. 2017;50: pubmed publisher..It has been increasingly recognized as an important contributor to neurological disorders and carcinogenesis. In this review, we summarize the biological functions and pathological roles of NOVA1...
- Zhai Y, Chai L, Chen J. The relationship between the expressions of tumor associated fibroblasts Cav-1 and MCT4 and the prognosis of papillary carcinoma of breast. Pak J Pharm Sci. 2017;30:263-272 pubmed..The expression of CAFs related proteins in tumor microenvironment suggested that CAFs could be used as the target of tumor therapy and provide new evidence for the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Kondo A, Nonaka A, Shimamura T, Yamamoto S, Yoshida T, Kodama T, et al. Long Noncoding RNA JHDM1D-AS1 Promotes Tumor Growth by Regulating Angiogenesis in Response to Nutrient Starvation. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that increased JHDM1D-AS1 expression under nutrient starvation accelerates tumor growth by upregulating angiogenesis, thus laying the foundation for improved therapeutic strategies. ..
- Jeon J, Sparreboom A, Baker S. Kinase Inhibitors: The Reality Behind the Success. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2017;102:726-730 pubmed publisher..The future fate of kinase inhibitors, however, is bright, as evidenced from ongoing efforts to increase their efficacy while remediating their weaknesses in order to provide the best quality of care to patients. ..
- Cheng S, Ren J, Cai X, Jiang H, Chen J. HBx-elevated SIRT2 promotes HBV replication and hepatocarcinogenesis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:904-910 pubmed publisher..First, SIRT2 could promote HBV replication. And then HBx-elevated SIRT2 could enhance the transformation of HBV-mediated HCC. Those findings highlight the potential role of SIRT2 in HBV and HBV-mediated HCC by interaction with HBx. ..
- Sieren J, Meyerholz D, Wang X, Davis B, Newell J, Hammond E, et al. Development and translational imaging of a TP53 porcine tumorigenesis model. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:4052-66 pubmed publisher..Our data further suggest that this model will be uniquely suited for developing clinically relevant, noninvasive imaging approaches to facilitate earlier detection, diagnosis, and treatment of human cancers. ..
- Sun K, Peng T, Chen Z, Song P, Zhou X. Long non-coding RNA LOC100129148 functions as an oncogene in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma by targeting miR-539-5p. Aging (Albany NY). 2017;9:999-1011 pubmed publisherEmerging studies have shown that long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) play critical roles in carcinogenesis and progression, including human nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Wang X, Häring M, Rathjen T, Lockhart S, Sørensen D, Ussar S, et al. Insulin resistance in vascular endothelial cells promotes intestinal tumour formation. Oncogene. 2017;36:4987-4996 pubmed publisher..Improvement of endothelial dysfunction may reduce colorectal cancer risk in patients with obesity and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Pan X, Tsai M, Wuputra K, Ku C, Lin W, Lin Y, et al. Application of Cancer Cell Reprogramming Technology to Human Cancer Research. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:3367-3377 pubmed..The present review summarizes the recent advances in cancer cell reprogramming using iPSC technology and discusses its potential clinical use and related drug screening. ..
- Provenzano L, Ryan Y, Hilton D, Lyons Rimmer J, Dave F, Maze E, et al. Cellular prion protein (PrPC) in the development of Merlin-deficient tumours. Oncogene. 2017;36:6132-6142 pubmed publisher..We suggest that PrPC and its interactor, LR/37/67â€‰kDa, could be potential therapeutic targets for schwannomas and other Merlin-deficient tumours. ..
- Chen D, Wang K, Li X, Jiang M, Ni L, Xu B, et al. FOXK1 plays an oncogenic role in the development of esophageal cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:88-94 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that FOXK1 plays an oncogenic role in EC pathogenesis and can serve as a therapeutic target for patients with EC...
- Campbell K, White R. MYC regulation of cell growth through control of transcription by RNA polymerases I and III. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med. 2014;4: pubmed publisher..Here we discuss MYC's influence on transcription by these "odd" RNA polymerases and the physiological impact of this regulation is evaluated with relevance to cancer development and treatment. ..
- Li S, Wang H, Groth C. Drosophila neuroblasts as a new model for the study of stem cell self-renewal and tumour formation. Biosci Rep. 2014;34: pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we highlight emerging evidence in support of the notion that defects in ACD in mammalian systems, which may play significant roles in the series of pathogenic events leading to the development of brain cancers. ..
- Debebe A, Medina V, Chen C, Mahajan I, Jia C, Fu D, et al. Wnt/?-catenin activation and macrophage induction during liver cancer development following steatosis. Oncogene. 2017;36:6020-6029 pubmed publisherObesity confers an independent risk for carcinogenesis. In the liver, steatosis often proceeds cancer formation; however, the mechanisms by which steatosis promotes carcinogenesis is unknown...
- Kumarasamy V, Kuppusamy U, Jayalakshmi P, Samudi C, Ragavan N, Kumar S. Exacerbation of colon carcinogenesis by Blastocystis sp. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183097 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we aimed to identify a role for Blastocystis sp. in exacerbating carcinogenesis using in vivo rat model...
- Liu Z, Thiele C. When LMO1 Meets MYCN, Neuroblastoma Is Metastatic. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:273-275 pubmed publisher..In this issue of Cancer Cell, Zhu et al. develop a novel zebrafish model that elucidates a mechanism by which LMO1 and MYCN synergistically initiate neuroblastoma and contribute to metastatic disease progression. ..
- ..difficile; how our microbiome mediates metabolism of xenobiotics; how the microbiota contribute to immunity as well as to metabolic and inflammatory diseases; and the role of commensal microbes in oncogenesis. ..
- Shen B, Yuan Y, Zhang Y, Yu S, Peng W, Huang X, et al. Long non-coding RNA FBXL19-AS1 plays oncogenic role in colorectal cancer by sponging miR-203. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;488:67-73 pubmed publisher..study of genome-wide lncRNA expression patterns in metastatic CRC could provide novel mechanism underlying CRC carcinogenesis. In here, we determined the lncRNA expression profiles correlating to CRC with or without lymph node ..
- Mittal S, Banks L. Molecular mechanisms underlying human papillomavirus E6 and E7 oncoprotein-induced cell transformation. Mutat Res Rev Mutat Res. 2017;772:23-35 pubmed publisher..we discuss the role of these different functions of the viral oncoproteins during the viral life cycle and carcinogenesis, with an emphasis on how induction of DNA damage by the viral oncoproteins, in conjunction with the stem like ..
- Li M, Qian Z, Ma X, Lin X, You Y, Li Y, et al. MiR-628-5p decreases the tumorigenicity of epithelial ovarian cancer cells by targeting at FGFR2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:2085-2091 pubmed publisher..FGFR2 expressed higher in ovarian cancer tissues and was correlated with worse prognosis. Our findings indicated that miR-628-5pplays an important role in ovarian cancer stem cell driven tumorigenesis. ..
- Wang Y, Wang H, Xu J, Tan J, Fu L, Wang J, et al. Sirtuin5 contributes to colorectal carcinogenesis by enhancing glutaminolysis in a deglutarylation-dependent manner. Nat Commun. 2018;9:545 pubmed publisher..Clinically, overexpression of SIRT5 is significantly correlated with poor prognosis in CRC. Thus, SIRT5 supports the anaplerotic entry of glutamine into the TCA cycle in malignant phenotypes of CRC via activating GLUD1. ..
- Schneider S, Heikaus S, Harter P, Heitz F, Grimm C, Ataseven B, et al. Serous Tubal Intraepithelial Carcinoma Associated With Extraovarian Metastases. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2017;27:444-451 pubmed publisherThe evolving knowledge of ovarian carcinogenesis sets the stage for our understanding of high-grade serous pelvic carcinoma (HGSC)...
- Quintavalle C, Burmeister K, Piscuoglio S, Quagliata L, Karamitopoulou E, Sepe R, et al. High mobility group A1 enhances tumorigenicity of human cholangiocarcinoma and confers resistance to therapy. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2146-2157 pubmed publisher..Finally, HMGA1 modulated the expression of two genes involved in CCA carcinogenesis, iNOS and ERBB2...
- Antognelli C, Ferri I, Bellezza G, Siccu P, Love H, Talesa V, et al. Glyoxalase 2 drives tumorigenesis in human prostate cells in a mechanism involving androgen receptor and p53-p21 axis. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2112-2126 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate for the first time that Glo2 drives prostate tumorigenesis and suggest that it may represent a novel adjuvant marker in the pathological diagnosis of early PCa. ..
- Xing Y, Yao R, Zhang Y, Guo C, Jiang S, Xu G, et al. SLERT Regulates DDX21 Rings Associated with Pol I Transcription. Cell. 2017;169:664-678.e16 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal an important control of ribosome biogenesis by SLERT lncRNA and its regulatory role in DDX21 ring-shaped arrangements acting on Pol I complexes. ..
- Lee P, Jiang S, Li Y, Yue J, Gou X, Chen S, et al. Phosphorylation of Pkp1 by RIPK4 regulates epidermal differentiation and skin tumorigenesis. EMBO J. 2017;36:1963-1980 pubmed publisher..loss of function of either Pkp1 or Ripk4 impairs skin differentiation and enhances epidermal carcinogenesis in vivo Phosphorylation of PKP1's N-terminal domain by RIPK4 is essential for their role in epidermal ..
- Senol S, Ceyran A, Kosemetin D, Gobanoglu B, Aydin D, Duran E, et al. Immunohistochemical Profile of Tumor Pathways and Prognostic Significance in Colon Adenocarcinomas. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2017;36:29-41 pubmed publisherThe current study examined the immunohistochemical expression levels of molecules on carcinogenesis pathway and evaluated their clinicopathologic significance in colorectal adenocarcinoma (CRA)...
- Harakeh S, Azar R, Azhar E, Damanhouri G, Assidi M, Abu Elmagd M, et al. pecific nutrient combination effects on tax, NF- ?B and MMP-9 in human T-cell lymphotropic virus -1 positive malignant T-lymphocytes. BMC Cancer. 2015;15 Suppl 1:S2 pubmed publisher..Its activity was mediated through the NF-?B pathway, and hence has the potential to be integrated in the treatment of this disease as a natural potent anticancer agent. ..
- Kim J, Weiss H, Evers B. Diverse expression patterns and tumorigenic role of neurotensin signaling components in colorectal cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2017;50:2200-2206 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibition of NTSR1 repressed tumorigenic effects in CRC cells, suggesting that NTSR1 may be used as a therapeutic target for CRC. ..
- Bergmann H, Roth S, Pechloff K, Kiss E, Kuhn S, Heikenwalder M, et al. Card9-dependent IL-1? regulates IL-22 production from group 3 innate lymphoid cells and promotes colitis-associated cancer. Eur J Immunol. 2017;47:1342-1353 pubmed publisher..factors for the development of colorectal cancer, but the mechanisms that link intestinal inflammation with carcinogenesis are insufficiently understood...
- Tian A, Benchabane H, Wang Z, Zimmerman C, Xin N, Perochon J, et al. Intestinal stem cell overproliferation resulting from inactivation of the APC tumor suppressor requires the transcription cofactors Earthbound and Erect wing. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006870 pubmed publisher..Such differentially utilized transcription cofactors may offer new opportunities for the selective targeting of Wnt-driven cancers. ..
- Simmonds P, Loomis E, Curry E. DNA methylation-based chromatin compartments and ChIP-seq profiles reveal transcriptional drivers of prostate carcinogenesis. Genome Med. 2017;9:54 pubmed publisher..transcription factors preferentially bind regions of chromatin that become more accessible during prostate carcinogenesis is significantly associated to the level of systematic upregulation of their targets, at the level of gene ..
- Furic L, Lawrence M, Risbridger G. Pro-tumorigenic role of ER? in prostate cancer cells. Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:356-7 pubmed
- Zhang H, Xu X. Mutation-promoting molecular networks of uncontrolled inflammation. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317701310 pubmed publisher..Beyond that, this review intends to describe possible carcinogenic inflammation core molecular and provides a theoretical basis for future study of the pathogenesis, chemoprevention and molecular targeted therapy of cancer. ..
- Wang B, Li J, Liu Y, Xu Q. MicroRNA-200b suppresses the invasion and migration of hepatocellular carcinoma by downregulating RhoA and circRNA_000839. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317719577 pubmed publisher..001). Taken together, our data suggest that miR-200b could mediate RhoA gene and circ_000839 to form endogenous competition. And this is a direction for the association study of miR-200b and RhoA in the future. ..
- Lemon J, Phan N, Boreham D. Multiple CT Scans Extend Lifespan by Delaying Cancer Progression in Cancer-Prone Mice. Radiat Res. 2017;188:495-504 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that CT scans modify cellular end points commonly associated with carcinogenesis in cancer-prone Trp53+/- heterozygous mice...
- Wu J, Shao C, Li X, Li Q, Hu P, Shi C, et al. Monoamine oxidase A mediates prostate tumorigenesis and cancer metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:2891-908 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively characterize the contribution of MAOA in PCa pathogenesis and suggest that MAOA has potential as a therapeutic target in PCa. ..
- Vo B, Li C, Morgan M, Theurillat I, Finkelstein D, Wright S, et al. Inactivation of Ezh2 Upregulates Gfi1 and Drives Aggressive Myc-Driven Group 3 Medulloblastoma. Cell Rep. 2017;18:2907-2917 pubmed publisher..Although negative regulation of Gfi1 by Ezh2 may restrain MB development, Gfi1 activation can bypass these effects. ..
- Parang B, Kaz A, Barrett C, Short S, Ning W, Keating C, et al. BVES regulates c-Myc stability via PP2A and suppresses colitis-induced tumourigenesis. Gut. 2017;66:852-862 pubmed publisher..As seen in human patients, Bves was underexpressed in experimental inflammatory carcinogenesis, and Bves-/- mice had increased tumour multiplicity and degree of dysplasia after AOM/DSS ..
- Wang X, Shojaie A, Zhang Y, Shelley D, Lampe P, Levy L, et al. Exploratory plasma proteomic analysis in a randomized crossover trial of aspirin among healthy men and women. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178444 pubmed publisher..This study suggests several chemopreventive mechanisms of aspirin in humans, which have previously been reported to play a role in anti- or pro-carcinogenesis in cell systems; however, larger, confirmatory studies are needed.
- Ni Q, Ding K, Wang K, He J, Yin C, Shi J, et al. Deletion of HNF1Î± in hepatocytes results in fatty liver-related hepatocellular carcinoma in mice. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:1947-1957 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that HNF1Î± plays a crucial role in hepatocyte lipid metabolism and hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Kiyohara M, Dillard C, Tsui J, Kim S, Lu J, Sachdev D, et al. EMP2 is a novel therapeutic target for endometrial cancer stem cells. Oncogene. 2017;36:5793-5807 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively suggest that anti-EMP2 therapy may be a novel method of reducing endometrial cancer stem cells. ..
- Contino G, Vaughan T, Whiteman D, Fitzgerald R. The Evolving Genomic Landscape of Barrett's Esophagus and Esophageal Adenocarcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2017;153:657-673.e1 pubmed publisher..technologies create opportunities to rapidly translate the analysis of DNA into tools that can identify patients with BE at high risk for cancer, detect dysplastic lesions more reliably, and uncover mechanisms of carcinogenesis.
- Janiak M, Wincenciak M, Cheda A, Nowosielska E, Calabrese E. Cancer immunotherapy: how low-level ionizing radiation can play a key role. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:819-832 pubmed publisher..how LLR may restore and/or stimulate effective anti-tumor immunity during the more advanced stages of carcinogenesis. We postulate that, based on epidemiological and experimental data amassed over the last few decades, whole- ..
- Manent J, Banerjee S, de Matos Simoes R, Zoranovic T, Mitsiades C, Penninger J, et al. Autophagy suppresses Ras-driven epithelial tumourigenesis by limiting the accumulation of reactive oxygen species. Oncogene. 2017;36:5576-5592 pubmed publisher..Our study has implications for understanding the interplay between perturbations in Ras signalling and autophagy in tumourigenesis, which might inform the development of novel therapeutics targeting Ras-driven cancers. ..
- Jiang Z, Jiang C, Yu C, Fang J. MicroRNA-208b inhibits human osteosarcoma progression by targeting ROR2. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317705751 pubmed publisher..On these bases, we identified that miR-208b targets receptor tyrosine kinase-like orphan receptor 2 gene by which miR-208b can regulate the development of osteosarcoma. ..
- Li H, Li Q, Guo T, He W, Dong C, Wang Y. LncRNA CRNDE triggers inflammation through the TLR3-NF-?B-Cytokine signaling pathway. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317703821 pubmed publisher..We speculated that CRNDE might trigger inflammation to regulate tumorigenesis and tumor development through the toll-like receptor pathway. ..
- Figueira M, Cardoso H, Correia S, Maia C, Socorro S. The stem cell factor (SCF)/c-KIT system in carcinogenesis of reproductive tissues: What does the hormonal regulation tell us?. Cancer Lett. 2017;405:10-21 pubmed publisher..Also, the SCF/c-KIT system has been implicated in carcinogenesis of reproductive tissues due to its altered expression pattern or overactivation in consequence of gain-of-..
- Mizukawa B, O Brien E, Moreira D, Wunderlich M, Hochstetler C, Duan X, et al. The cell polarity determinant CDC42 controls division symmetry to block leukemia cell differentiation. Blood. 2017;130:1336-1346 pubmed publisher..Thus, CDC42 loss suppresses AML cell polarity and division asymmetry, and CDC42 constitutes a useful target to alter leukemia-initiating cell fate for differentiation therapy. ..
- Halaoui R, Rejon C, Chatterjee S, Szymborski J, Meterissian S, Muller W, et al. Progressive polarity loss and luminal collapse disrupt tissue organization in carcinoma. Genes Dev. 2017;31:1573-1587 pubmed publisher..This reveals a novel and common mechanism that contributes to carcinoma development by progressively disrupting cell and tissue organization. ..
- Wang Y, Li L, Wang Y, Yuan Z, Zhang W, Hatch K, et al. IMP3 as a cytoplasmic biomarker for early serous tubal carcinogenesis. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2014;33:60 pubmed publisher..The main purposes of this study are to evaluate if IMP3 plays any role in the process of pelvic serous carcinogenesis by examining its expression in HGSC precursor lesions, to examine the relationship between IMP3 and p53 in ..
- Yu D, Waterland R, Zhang P, Schady D, Chen M, Guan Y, et al. Targeted p16(Ink4a) epimutation causes tumorigenesis and reduces survival in mice. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:3708-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide direct functional evidence that p16(Ink4a) epimutation drives tumor formation and malignant progression and validate a targeted methylation approach to epigenetic engineering. ..
- Ching R, Sze K, Lau E, Chiu Y, Lee J, Ng I, et al. C-terminal truncated hepatitis B virus X protein regulates tumorigenicity, self-renewal and drug resistance via STAT3/Nanog signaling pathway. Oncotarget. 2017;8:23507-23516 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data suggest that HBx-?C1 enhances liver CSCs properties through Stat3/Nanog cascade, and provide a new insight for the therapeutic intervention for HBV-related HCC. ..
- Son Y, Pratheeshkumar P, Wang Y, Kim D, Zhang Z, Shi X. Protection from Cr(VI)-induced malignant cell transformation and tumorigenesis of Cr(VI)-transformed cells by luteolin through Nrf2 signaling. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;331:24-32 pubmed publisher..The decreased constitutive Nrf2 activation, decrease in Nrf2 target proteins and consequent apoptosis resistance by luteolin are possible mechanisms that mediate the protective effect of luteolin in Cr(VI)-transformed cells. ..
- Gonyo P, Bergom C, Brandt A, Tsaih S, Sun Y, Bigley T, et al. SmgGDS is a transient nucleolar protein that protects cells from nucleolar stress and promotes the cell cycle by regulating DREAM complex gene expression. Oncogene. 2017;36:6873-6883 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support a novel nuclear role for SmgGDS in protecting malignant cells from nucleolar stress, thus promoting cell cycle progression and tumorigenesis. ..
- Liu J, Ye X, Wu F. Characterizing dynamic regulatory programs in mouse lung development and their potential association with tumourigenesis via miRNA-TF-mRNA circuits. BMC Syst Biol. 2013;7 Suppl 2:S11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the miRNA-TF-mRNA circuits can be used in wide translational biomedicine studies, and can provide potential drug targets towards the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Deshmukh J, Pofahl R, Haase I. Epidermal Rac1 regulates the DNA damage response and protects from UV-light-induced keratinocyte apoptosis and skin carcinogenesis. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2664 pubmed publisher..DMBA/TPA skin carcinogenesis studies in mice have shown that Rac1 is required for chemically induced skin papilloma formation...
- Arunkumar G, Deva Magendhra Rao A, Manikandan M, Arun K, Vinothkumar V, Revathidevi S, et al. Expression profiling of long non-coding RNA identifies linc-RoR as a prognostic biomarker in oral cancer. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317698366 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this study demonstrated the association of linc-RoR overexpression in undifferentiated oral tumors and its prognostic value to predict the therapeutic response. ..
- Hu X, Dong S, Chen J, Zhou X, Chen R, Nair S, et al. Prolyl isomerase PIN1 regulates the stability, transcriptional activity and oncogenic potential of BRD4. Oncogene. 2017;36:5177-5188 pubmed publisher..Our results identify BRD4 as a new target of PIN1 and suggest that interfering with their interaction could be a potential therapeutic approach for cancer treatment. ..
- Xia Y, Yang W, Fa M, Li X, Wang Y, Jiang Y, et al. RNF8 mediates histone H3 ubiquitylation and promotes glycolysis and tumorigenesis. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1843-1855 pubmed publisher..Our findings uncover the role of RNF8-mediated histone H3 polyubiquitylation in the regulation of histone H3 stability and chromatin modification, paving the way to gene expression regulation and tumorigenesis. ..
- Lasry A, Aran D, Butte A, Ben Neriah Y. Cancer Cell-Autonomous Parainflammation Mimics Immune Cell Infiltration. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3740-3744 pubmed publisher..We suggest that parainflammation may serve as a novel biomarker for screening patients who may particularly benefit from NSAID treatment. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3740-4. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Fontana C, Kirsch A, Seidel C, Marpeaux L, Darne C, Gate L, et al. In vitro cell transformation induced by synthetic amorphous silica nanoparticles. Mutat Res. 2017;823:22-27 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study showed for the first time the transforming potential of different SAS, which act as tumor-promoter substances in the Bhas 42 model of cell transformation. ..
- Zhang R, Hao L, Wang L, Chen M, Li W, Li R, et al. Gene expression analysis of induced pluripotent stem cells from aneuploid chromosomal syndromes. BMC Genomics. 2013;14 Suppl 5:S8 pubmed publisher..Functional analysis of differentially expressed genes reveals that the genes most affected in aneuploid individuals are related to central nervous system development and tumorigenesis. ..
- Vrabel D, Svoboda M, Navratil J, Kohoutek J. [Function of CDK12 in Tumor initiation and progression and its clinical consequences]. Klin Onkol. 2014;27:340-6 pubmed..Thus, CDK12 is becoming a potential therapeutic target of drugs causing synthetic lethality in these cells. Our review summarizes most recent information about CDK12 function in cancer and discusses potential use of CDK12 in clinics. ..
- Mi J, Zou Y, Lin X, Lu J, Liu X, Zhao H, et al. Dysregulation of the miR-194-CUL4B negative feedback loop drives tumorigenesis in non-small-cell lung carcinoma. Mol Oncol. 2017;11:305-319 pubmed publisher..The function of miR-194 as a negative regulator of CUL4B has therapeutic implications in lung cancer. ..
- Chen Y, Zeng C, Zhan Y, Wang H, Jiang X, Li W. Aberrant low expression of p85Î± in stromal fibroblasts promotes breast cancer cell metastasis through exosome-mediated paracrine Wnt10b. Oncogene. 2017;36:4692-4705 pubmed publisher..Therefore, p85Î± can function as a tumour suppressor and represent a new candidate for diagnosis, prognosis and targeted therapy. ..
- Wise J, Wang L, Zhang Z, Shi X. The 9th Conference on Metal Toxicity and Carcinogenesis: The conference overview. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;331:1-5 pubmed publisher..This manuscript is an overview of the 9th Conference on Metal Toxicity and Carcinogenesis held in October 2016 in Lexington, Kentucky...
- Lang M, Berry D, Passecker K, Mesteri I, Bhuju S, Ebner F, et al. HuR Small-Molecule Inhibitor Elicits Differential Effects in Adenomatosis Polyposis and Colorectal Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2424-2438 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our results offer a preclinical proof of concept for HuR inhibition as an effective means of FAP chemoprevention, with caution advised in the setting of IBD. Cancer Res; 77(9); 2424-38. ©2017 AACR. ..