Genomes and Genes
urinary bladder neoplasms
Summary: Tumors or cancer of the URINARY BLADDER.
- Fina E, Necchi A, Bottelli S, Reduzzi C, Pizzamiglio S, Iacona C, et al. Detection of Circulating Tumour Cells in Urothelial Cancers and Clinical Correlations: Comparison of Two Methods. Dis Markers. 2017;2017:3414910 pubmed publisher..The approach used for CTC detection impacts the outcome of CTC studies. Further investigations are required to clarify the clinical validity of AT and SC in specific BC clinical contexts. ..
- Potts K, Irwin C, Favis N, Pink D, Vincent K, Lewis J, et al. Deletion of F4L (ribonucleotide reductase) in vaccinia virus produces a selective oncolytic virus and promotes anti-tumor immunity with superior safety in bladder cancer models. EMBO Mol Med. 2017;9:638-654 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the enhanced safety and selectivity of F4L-deleted VACVs, with application as a promising therapy for patients with BCG-refractory cancers and immune dysregulation. ..
- Clain A. SECONDARY MALIGNANT DISEASE OF BONE. Br J Cancer. 1965;19:15-29 pubmed
- Maddocks R, Fagan W. Paraganglioma of bladder with recurrence ten years later. Urology. 1976;7:430-2 pubmed
- Chou R, Gore J, Buckley D, Fu R, Gustafson K, Griffin J, et al. Urinary Biomarkers for Diagnosis of Bladder Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2015;163:922-31 pubmed publisher..Accuracy is poor for low-stage and low-grade tumors. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (PROSPERO registration number: CRD42014013284). ..
- Giridhar K, Kohli M. Management of Muscle-Invasive Urothelial Cancer and the Emerging Role of Immunotherapy in Advanced Urothelial Cancer. Mayo Clin Proc. 2017;92:1564-1582 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we discuss novel immunomodulatory, targeted, and combination therapies in development for the treatment of advanced urothelial carcinoma. ..
- Whalen R, Althausen A, Daniels G. Extra-adrenal pheochromocytoma. J Urol. 1992;147:1-10 pubmed..Extra-adrenal pheochromocytomas are more likely to recur and to metastasize than their adrenal counterparts, making lifelong followup with annual determinations of catecholamine production essential. ..
- Yamamoto N, Kojima K, Naito R, Sumitomo M. [Perioperative management of a patient with primary adrenal insufficiency who underwent general anesthesia twice]. Masui. 2014;63:456-8 pubmed..According to current recommendation, the dose of corticosteroid we used could be smaller. Perioperative management of adrenal insufficiency is still controversial, and further investigation is necessary. ..
- Yeh H, Hsu S, Chang Y, Chan T, Tsou H, Chang Y, et al. Spatial Analysis of Ambient PM2.5 Exposure and Bladder Cancer Mortality in Taiwan. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..This is the first time PM2.5 has been identified as a risk factor for bladder cancer based on the statistical evidence provided by GWR analysis. ..
- Krishnamurthy A, Jimeno A. Atezolizumab: A novel PD-L1 inhibitor in cancer therapy with a focus in bladder and non-small cell lung cancers. Drugs Today (Barc). 2017;53:217-237 pubmed publisher..There are 117 ongoing clinical trials of atezolizumab currently. Given its efficacy in NSCLC and urothelial carcinoma, atezolizumab holds much potential in the future of cancer therapeutics. ..
- Rubenstein M, Walz B, Bucy J. Transitional cell carcinoma of the kidney 25-year experience. J Urol. 1978;119:594-7 pubmed..Because of tumor multiplicity we recommend total nephroureterectomy as the treatment of choice. The role of radiation therapy is considered. ..
- López Martín L, Calahorra Fernández F. [Solitary fibrous tumor of the bladder]. Actas Urol Esp. 2010;34:206-8 pubmed
- Di Lauro G, Iacono F, Ruffo A, Romis L, Mordente S, Pane U, et al. Presenting a case of a mucinous adenocarcinoma of an exstrophic bladder in an adult patient and a review of literature. BMC Surg. 2013;13 Suppl 2:S36 pubmed publisher..We advocate the radical surgical management, after exclusion of any primary malignant sites related to the gastrointestinal tract. ..
- Uemura K, Namura K, Umemoto S, Matsubara O, Udagawa K. [A Case of Squamous Cell Carcinoma in Bladder Diverticulum Producing Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor]. Hinyokika Kiyo. 2017;63:211-215 pubmed publisher..Computed tomography after these treatments showed complete response. The patient is alive with no evidence of tumor 16 months after surgery. ..
- Knudson W, Aguiar D, Hua Q, Knudson C. CD44-anchored hyaluronan-rich pericellular matrices: an ultrastructural and biochemical analysis. Exp Cell Res. 1996;228:216-28 pubmed..All of these data suggest that the hyaluronan receptor CD44 retains and participates in the assembly of the chondrocyte pericellular matrix. ..
- Shinka T, Uekado Y, Aoshi H, Hirano A, Ohkawa T. Occurrence of uroepithelial tumors of the upper urinary tract after the initial diagnosis of bladder cancer. J Urol. 1988;140:745-8 pubmed..We conclude that the appearance of upper urinary tract tumor after diagnosis of primary bladder cancer may be promoted by nonspecific irritation of the urothelium, which previously was made unstable by urinary chemical carcinogens. ..
- Korpics M, Block A, Martin B, Hentz C, Gaynor E, Henry E, et al. Concurrent chemotherapy is associated with improved survival in elderly patients with bladder cancer undergoing radiotherapy. Cancer. 2017;123:3524-3531 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:3524-31. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Ortiz Sánchez L, Alonso Prieto M, Campanario Pérez F, Alvarez Silva I, De Cabo Ripoll M, García Díez F. Treatment of urachal disorders: The open and laparoscopic surgery approach. Arch Esp Urol. 2017;70:357-360 pubmed..2 minutes (range 120-240). Mean hospital stay was 4.9 days (DE ±1.1). There were no early or late postoperative complications. Laparoscopic removal of urachal remnants is a safe and reproducible technique. ..
- Orré M, Latorzeff I, Flechon A, Roubaud G, Brouste V, Gaston R, et al. Adjuvant radiotherapy after radical cystectomy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: A retrospective multicenter study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174978 pubmed publisher..Adjuvant RT is feasible and may have oncological benefits. Prospective trials evaluating this approach with current RT techniques should be undertaken. ..
- Musselman P, Kay R. The spectrum of urinary tract fibroepithelial polyps in children. J Urol. 1986;136:476-7 pubmed..A benign natural history and conservative therapy should be emphasized when fibroepithelial polyps of the upper or lower urinary tracts are encountered in children. ..
- Jensen B, Kiesbye B, Soendergaard I, Jensen J, Kristensen S. Efficacy of preoperative uro-stoma education on self-efficacy after Radical Cystectomy; secondary outcome of a prospective randomized controlled trial. Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2017;28:41-46 pubmed publisher..Preoperative stoma-education is an effective intervention and adds to the evidence base of prehabilitation. Further RCT-studies powered with self-efficacy as the primer outcome are requested. ..
- Mellemgaard A, Carstensen B, Nørgaard N, Knudsen J, Olsen J. Trends in the incidence of cancer of the kidney, pelvis, ureter and bladder in Denmark 1943-88. Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1993;27:327-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that tumors in the urinary system differ with respect to risk factors and should be grouped by their histological origin as well as topographical site. ..
- Lopez J, Angulo J, Martin A, Sanchez Chapado M, González Corpas A, Colás B, et al. A DNA hypermethylation profile reveals new potential biomarkers for the evaluation of prognosis in urothelial bladder cancer. APMIS. 2017;125:787-796 pubmed publisher..Combined hypermethylation of SOX1, PITX2, or CSPG2 signals patients at higher risk of death from bladder cancer. ..
- Petit V, Boyer B, Lentz D, Turner C, Thiery J, Valles A. Phosphorylation of tyrosine residues 31 and 118 on paxillin regulates cell migration through an association with CRK in NBT-II cells. J Cell Biol. 2000;148:957-70 pubmed..Both the SH2 and the SH3 domains of CrkII are shown to play a critical role in this collagen-mediated migration. These results demonstrate the important role of the paxillin-Crk complex in the collagen-induced cell motility. ..
- Shi J, Wang Y, Jia Z, Gao Y, Zhao C, Yao Y. Curcumin inhibits bladder cancer progression via regulation of ?-catenin expression. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317702548 pubmed publisher..Curcumin may be a new drug for bladder cancer. ..
- Cho Y, Straight R, Smith J. Effects of photodynamic therapy in combination with intravesical drugs in a murine bladder tumor model. J Urol. 1992;147:743-6 pubmed..PDT combined with the anticancer agents currently used in intravesical therapy for bladder cancer is well tolerated. The combination of PDT and intravesical drugs may enhance the tumoricidal effect of either treatment used alone. ..
- Mina S, Antonios S. LYMPHOEPITHELIOMA-LIKE CARCINOMA OF THE URINARY BLADDER ASSOCIATED WITH SCHISTOSOMIASIS: A CASE REPORT AND REVIEW OF LITERATURE. J Egypt Soc Parasitol. 2015;45:385-8 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge the association of schistosomiasis with lymphoepithelioma-like bladder cancer was not described in the literature before this case report. ..
- Hudolin T, Mengus C, Coulot J, Kastelan Z, El Saleh A, Spagnoli G. Expression of Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase Gene Is a Feature of Poorly Differentiated Non-muscle-invasive Urothelial Cell Bladder Carcinomas. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:1375-1380 pubmed..08) towards longer overall survival in patients bearing tumors that did not express IDO gene. These data indicate that IDO gene expression is a feature of aggressive NMIBC, suggesting a potential immunosuppressive role of IDO. ..
- Das S, Bulusu N, Lowe P. Primary vesical pheochromocytoma. Urology. 1983;21:20-5 pubmed..Future perspectives in determining the malignant potential of pheochromocytoma are presented and our treatment plan elaborated. ..
- Shore N, Boorjian S, Canter D, Ogan K, Karsh L, Downs T, et al. Intravesical rAd-IFN?/Syn3 for Patients With High-Grade, Bacillus Calmette-Guerin-Refractory or Relapsed Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer: A Phase II Randomized Study. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35:3410-3416 pubmed publisher..Conclusion rAd-IFN?/Syn3 was well tolerated. It demonstrated promising efficacy for patients with HG NMIBC after BCG therapy who were unable or unwilling to undergo radical cystectomy...
- Auld C, Grigor K, Fowler J. Histopathological review of transitional cell carcinoma of the upper urinary tract. Br J Urol. 1984;56:485-9 pubmed..It is concluded that radical surgery should be performed whenever possible, even in the superficial low grade tumour. ..
- Han Y, Liu Y, Zhang H, Wang T, Diao R, Jiang Z, et al. Hsa-miR-125b suppresses bladder cancer development by down-regulating oncogene SIRT7 and oncogenic long non-coding RNA MALAT1. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3875-82 pubmed..These data suggest that hsa-miR-125b suppresses bladder cancer development via inhibiting SIRT7 and MALAT1. ..
- Hollingsworth J, Rogers M, Krein S, Hickner A, Kuhn L, Cheng A, et al. Determining the noninfectious complications of indwelling urethral catheters: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med. 2013;159:401-10 pubmed publisher..Evidence published after 30 July 2012 is not included. Many noninfectious catheter-associated complications are at least as common as clinically significant urinary tract infections. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. ..
- Emslie Smith A, Engel A. Necrotizing myopathy with pipestem capillaries, microvascular deposition of the complement membrane attack complex (MAC), and minimal cellular infiltration. Neurology. 1991;41:936-9 pubmed..Quantitative analysis revealed focal capillary depletion. This pattern represents an immune-mediated microangiopathy and is distinct from that observed in other inflammatory myopathies. ..
- Liang L, Zhou N, Xu H, Liu D, Lu Y, Li F, et al. Urachal mucinous adenocarcinoma with pseudomyxoma peritonei: A case report. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7548 pubmed publisher..Pseudomyxoma peritonei is an unusual clinical condition, and the appendix and ovaries are reported as the primary sites...
- Wu Z, Wang S, Xue P, Wang S, Wang G, Zhang W. Inhibitory member of the apoptosis-stimulating protein of p53 is overexpressed in bladder cancer and correlated to its progression. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e6640 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that iASPP is overexpressed in BC and promotes the malignancy of BC. iASPP maybe serve as a potential therapeutic target for BC. ..
- Kuhn C, Lehmann M, Kress A, Truss M, Hermes M, Blaszkewicz M, et al. Micro-brushing-based technique to gain fresh urothelial cells for gene expression analysis. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:411-416 pubmed publisher..This presented minimally invasive method enables investigation of gene expression in the urinary bladder without disadvantages of the need for storage of fresh tissues in liquid nitrogen. ..
- Jacobo E, Loening S, Schmidt J, Culp D. Primary adenocarcinoma of the bladder: a retrospective study of 20 patients. J Urol. 1977;117:54-6 pubmed..All patients had deeply infiltrating tumor at the time of initial diagnosis. Chemotherapy in conjunction with irradiation therapy used in the treatment of 1 of the patients proved to be ineffective. ..