Genomes and Genes
Summary: New abnormal growth of tissue in the THORAX.
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Liu H, Yim A, Wan J, Chen H, Wu Y, Liu Y, et al. Thoracoscopic removal of intrathoracic neurogenic tumors: a combined Chinese experience. Ann Surg. 2000;232:187-90 pubmed..To review the surgical and clinical results of minimally invasive resection of intrathoracic neurogenic tumors using a video-assisted thoracoscopic technique...
- Asselah T, Condat B, Cazals Hatem D, Hassani Z, Bernuau J, Groussard O, et al. Ectopic hepatocellular carcinoma arising in the left chest wall: a long-term follow-up. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2001;13:873-5 pubmed..We conclude that solitary extrahepatic HCC (i) may arise in ectopic liver tissue; (ii) should not be considered as a metastasis of an occult HCC; and (iii) can be amenable to cure through resection...
- Park J, Choi K, Lee H, Rhee Y, Lee Y, Chung M. Intrathoracic malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor in von Recklinghausen's disease. Korean J Intern Med. 2001;16:201-4 pubmed..But intrathoracic manifestations are very rare. We report a case of a 40 year-old man with multiple neurofibromatosis who was presented with an intrathoracic malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor...
- Veronesi G, Spaggiari L, De Pas T, Solli P, de Braud F, Catalano G, et al. Preoperative chemotherapy is essential for conservative surgery of Askin tumors. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2003;125:428-9 pubmed
- Si M, Amersi F, Golish S, Ortiz J, Zaky J, Finklestein D, et al. Prevalence of metastases in hepatocellular carcinoma: risk factors and impact on survival. Am Surg. 2003;69:879-85 pubmed..Poor differentiation, larger tumors, and those with multilobar spread have increased risk for metastasis. Patients with thoracic spread have poor prognosis as compared to other locations of metastasis...
- Guerrero T, Zhang G, Huang T, Lin K. Intrathoracic tumour motion estimation from CT imaging using the 3D optical flow method. Phys Med Biol. 2004;49:4147-61 pubmed..Surprisingly, oesophageal tumour motion was large and nonuniform, with greatest motion occurring at the gastro-oesophageal junction...
- Hsu P, Hsu H, Li A, Wang L, Huang B, Huang M, et al. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma presenting as a large chest wall mass. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;81:1214-8 pubmed..Malignant lymphoma presenting as a solitary chest wall mass is not frequently seen. Only a few case reports have been found in the English literature. The treatment for primary chest wall lymphoma remains unclear...
- Wouters M, Van Geel A, Nieuwenhuis L, Van Tinteren H, Verhoef C, van Coevorden F, et al. Outcome after surgical resections of recurrent chest wall sarcomas. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:5113-8 pubmed publisher..Sarcomas of the chest wall are rare, and wide surgical resection is generally the cornerstone of treatment. The objective of our study was to evaluate outcome of full-thickness resections of recurrent and primary chest wall sarcomas...
- Kumar P. Fine needle aspiration cytologic findings in malignant small cell tumor of the thoracopulmonary region (Askin tumor). Acta Cytol. 1994;38:702-6 pubmed..They were positively stained by periodic acid-Schiff stain. The histologic sections confirmed the cytologic diagnosis of Askin tumor. Four of the patients died within 7-11 months after treatment began...
- Nakagawa K, Aoki Y, Tago M, Terahara A, Ohtomo K. Megavoltage CT-assisted stereotactic radiosurgery for thoracic tumors: original research in the treatment of thoracic neoplasms. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000;48:449-57 pubmed..The aim of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for thoracic tumors with megavoltage computed tomography (MVCT) from the point of view of symptom palliation as well as local control...
- Abbas A, Deschamps C, Cassivi S, Nichols F, Allen M, Schleck C, et al. Chest-wall desmoid tumors: results of surgical intervention. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:1219-23; discussion 1219-23 pubmed..We are analyzing our experience with treatment of desmoid tumors of the chest wall and adjacent structures...
- Jules J, Guarnieri J, Alkofer B, Le Rochais J, Icard P. Posterior intrathoracic neurinoma cure: a transforaminal resection after a thoracotomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2005;79:1411-2 pubmed..We report two cases to stress the importance of assessing the size of the intervertebral foramina in planning neurinoma cure...
- Pfannschmidt J, Geisbüsch P, Muley T, Hoffmann H, Dienemann H. Surgical resection of secondary chest wall tumors. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;53:234-9 pubmed..The objective of this study was to evaluate which factors influence survival following surgical resection of secondary tumors of the chest wall (non-bronchial carcinoma)...
- Soyer T, Karnak I, Ciftci A, Senocak M, Tanyel F, Buyukpamukcu N. The results of surgical treatment of chest wall tumors in childhood. Pediatr Surg Int. 2006;22:135-9 pubmed..The patients should be closely followed up for late complications such as scoliosis, restrictive pulmonary disease and for the development of metastasis, which is a part of natural course of malignant CWT in children...
- Schafmayer C, Kahlke V, Leuschner I, Pai M, Tepel J. Elastofibroma dorsi as differential diagnosis in tumors of the thoracic wall. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:1501-4 pubmed..Histology from the specimen was consistent with elastofibroma dorsi with free resection margins...
- Hari S, Jain T, Thulkar S, Bakhshi S. Imaging features of peripheral primitive neuroectodermal tumours. Br J Radiol. 2008;81:975-83 pubmed publisher..The chest wall is the most common of these sites, the imaging features of which have been well described in earlier studies. The present pictorial essay illustrates the imaging features of PNETs at various extracranial locations...
- Vecil G, McCutcheon I, Mendel E. Extended lateral parascapular approach for resection of a giant multi-compartment thoracic schwannoma. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2008;150:1295-300; discussion 1300 pubmed publisher..We describe the complete resection of a massive multi-compartmental thoracic schwannoma by an extended lateral parascapular approach...
- Meltzer C, Luketich J, Friedman D, Charron M, Strollo D, Meehan M, et al. Whole-body FDG positron emission tomographic imaging for staging esophageal cancer comparison with computed tomography. Clin Nucl Med. 2000;25:882-7 pubmed
- Gross J, Younes R, Haddad F, Deheinzelin D, Pinto C, Costa M. Soft-tissue sarcomas of the chest wall: prognostic factors. Chest. 2005;127:902-8 pubmed..To evaluate factors that are predictive of outcome for patients with chest wall soft-tissue sarcomas...
- Sato Y, Motoyama S, Nanjo H, Ito S, Yoshino K, Sasaki T, et al. REG1A expression status suggests chemosensitivity among advanced thoracic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma patients treated with esophagectomy followed by adjuvant chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20:3044-51 pubmed publisher..REG1A expression status will provide a good indication of treatment strategy and enable more individualized treatment for patients. ..
- Yang J, Wexler L, Meyers P, Happersett L, La Quaglia M, Wolden S. Intensity-modulated radiation therapy with dose-painting for pediatric sarcomas with pulmonary metastases. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2013;60:1616-20 pubmed publisher..DP-IMRT is one solution to this technical problem. Initial data from this small series suggest DP-IMRT is feasible and produces superior sparing of critical normal tissues. ..
- Rastrelli M, Soteldo J, Zonta M, Trifiro G, Mazzarol G, Vitali G, et al. Sentinel node biopsy for high-risk cutaneous nonanogenital squamous cell carcinoma: a preliminary result. Eur Surg Res. 2010;44:204-8 pubmed publisher..Currently, SNB for SCC is not a standard treatment and requires further investigation to determine which patients would benefit best from this procedure. ..
- Widhe B, Bauer H. Diagnostic difficulties and delays with chest wall chondrosarcoma: a Swedish population based Scandinavian Sarcoma Group study of 106 patients. Acta Oncol. 2011;50:435-40 pubmed publisher..Plain chest radiographs and fine-needle aspiration cytology, when done at a non-specialty center, are often normal or inconclusive. Patients should be referred to sarcoma centers for diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Antoun S, Besse B, Planchard D, Raynard B. [Managing nutritional support in thoracic oncology]. Rev Mal Respir. 2013;30:490-7 pubmed publisher..Given the increasing recognition of the role of muscle mass in cancer, the purpose of any nutritional support must be focused on increasing muscle anabolism and decreasing proteolysis. ..
- Nam S, Kim S, Lim B, Yoon C, Kim T, Suh J, et al. Imaging of primary chest wall tumors with radiologic-pathologic correlation. Radiographics. 2011;31:749-70 pubmed publisher..Radiologists can achieve a sufficiently specific diagnosis of bone tumors and soft-tissue tumors if typical findings are present. ..
- Tsunezuka Y, Furusawa T, Yachi T, Kurumaya H. Rapidly growing intrathoracic extraskeletal Ewing's sarcoma. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2012;14:117-9 pubmed publisher..For 5 years the tumour's size did not change noticeably but it suddenly grew to about 90 mm diameter in a year. The tumour volume doubling time was calculated to be 17 days. ..
- Azrif M, Saladina J, Nani M, Shahrunniza A, Norlia A, Rohaizak M. Isolated late chest wall recurrence after mastectomy for breast cancer. Med J Malaysia. 2011;66:255-6 pubmed..Although most chest wall recurrences fare poorly, a favourable subgroup can be identified and should be treated aggressively in a multidisciplinary approach. ..
- Liu Y, Sui X, Chen K, Li J, Yang F, Ho A, et al. Thoracic lymphangiomatosis: report of 3 patients with different presentations. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012;94:2111-3 pubmed publisher..Without any further treatment, their symptoms and radiographic images showed no progression of these conditions after a follow-up time of 7 to 42 months. ..
- Knösel T, Schulz B, Katenkamp K, Katenkamp D, Petersen I. [Solitary fibrous tumor and haemangiopericytoma: what is new?]. Pathologe. 2010;31:123-8 pubmed publisher..This article should provide insights into the diagnosis of this entity with emphasis on the new international standard. ..
- Oni G, Sharma R, Rao R, Unger J, Saint Cyr M. Bilateral superior epigastric pedicle perforator flaps for total chest wall coverage. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011;64:1104-7 pubmed publisher..This was achieved using bilateral pedicled SEA perforator flaps for complete coverage. To our knowledge, this is the first documented case of bilateral pedicled perforator flap reconstruction for complete chest wall reconstruction. ..
- Chen Y, Hsu Y, Chang H. Intrathoracic ancient neurilemoma mimicking mesenchymal thoracic tumor. Am J Med Sci. 2013;346:424-6 pubmed publisher..The tumor was successfully resected by thoracotomy and pathology disclosed ancient neurilemoma. ..
- Sato K, Watanabe S, Ohtsubo A, Shoji S, Ishikawa D, Tanaka T, et al. Nephrotoxicity of cisplatin combination chemotherapy in thoracic malignancy patients with CKD risk factors. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:222 pubmed publisher..We should consider avoiding administration of cisplatin to patients with CKD risk factors, particularly cardiac disease and NSAID use. ..
- Kligerman S, Franks T, Galvin J. Primary Extranodal Lymphoma of the Thorax. Radiol Clin North Am. 2016;54:673-87 pubmed publisher..Primary lymphomas of the pleural space are rare and associated with concomitant viral infections. ..
- de Oliveira A, Ribeiro A, Reis L, Raymundo S, de Godoy J. Chest radiography as a method of screening for occult cancer in patients with idiopathic deep vein thrombosis. Angiology. 2012;63:378-9 pubmed publisher..Neoplasms were diagnosed in 4 patients in the follow-up with CXR. The CXR is an option of early screening for thoracic neoplasms and other nonmalignant diseases in patients with idiopathic DVT.
- Nishii R, Higashi T, Kagawa S, Kishibe Y, Takahashi M, Yamauchi H, et al. Diagnostic usefulness of an amino acid tracer, ?-[N-methyl-(11)C]-methylaminoisobutyric acid ( (11)C-MeAIB), in the PET diagnosis of chest malignancies. Ann Nucl Med. 2013;27:808-21 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the combination of (18)F-FDG and (11)C-MeAIB may improve the evaluation of chest lesions, when CT and (18)F-FDG PET/CT are equivocal. ..
- Seder C, Elhassan B, Wigle D. Manubrial-clavicular-chest wall explantation to expose the anterior thoracic inlet. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97:350-2 pubmed publisher..This approach represents an alternative technique that provides excellent visualization of the entire anterior thoracic inlet. ..
- Akutsu Y, Matsubara H, Shuto K, Shiratori T, Uesato M, Miyazawa Y, et al. Pre-operative dental brushing can reduce the risk of postoperative pneumonia in esophageal cancer patients. Surgery. 2010;147:497-502 pubmed publisher..045). Frequent pre-operative dental brushing is performed easily and seems to prevent postoperative pneumonia in esophageal cancer patients. ..
- Biswas B, Agarwala S, Shukla N, Deo S, Sharma D, Thulkar S, et al. Evaluation of outcome and prognostic factors in thoracic primitive neuroectodermal tumor: a study of 84 cases. Ann Thorac Surg. 2013;96:2006-14 pubmed publisher..All efforts should be made to resect primary tumor after neoadjuvant chemotherapy because radical RT results in inferior EFS and LCR despite good response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Schmidt J, Redwan B, Koesek V, Heitplatz B, Bedetti B, Aebert H, et al. Thoracic Wall Reconstruction with Acellular Porcine Dermal Collagen Matrix. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;64:245-51 pubmed publisher..Excellent wound healing and long-term stability are achieved even in large defects or complete sternal replacements. ..
- Khatib M, Soldin M. Giant intrathoracic lipoma presenting as a lump in the supraclavicular fossa. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2010;92:W42-4 pubmed publisher..Multidisciplinary discussions concluded that tracheal stenting was most suitable for the patient. We describe details of his presentation, clinical findings and discuss the management options of a giant intrathoracic lipoma...
- McCauley J, D Cunha J. Translational research: not just bench to bedside. Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;22:197-9 pubmed publisher..Two recent articles are reviewed here that explore the role of enhanced translation in tumorigenesis and prognosis. ..
- Jackson L, Singh M, Parikh D. A technical innovation in paediatric chest wall reconstruction. Pediatr Surg Int. 2011;27:629-33 pubmed publisher..This Novel Paediatric Chest wall reconstruction technique is ideally suitable after extensive chest wall resection. It has provided stability and protection of underlying viscera and may prevent scoliosis. ..
- Tamiya M, Kuhara H, Hirashima T, Kondo Y, Santo M, Morishita N, et al. Hypersensitivity reactions associated with platinum-containing antineoplastic agents for thoracic malignancies. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:4525-8 pubmed..8%). Univariate and multivariate analyses indicated that the number of courses of platinum-containing antineoplastic agents was significantly correlated to the incidence of hypersensitivity reactions to these agents. ..
- Pujol J. [Specificity of the psychological undertaking of a patient in thoracic oncology]. Rev Mal Respir. 2013;30:302-8 pubmed publisher..As we do not wish to reach the exhaustiveness of the significant unities, neither their reassembly, we will limit ourselves to the development of one main line: that of the relation to time, to temporality, and to presentism. ..
- Mu J, Li N, Shao K, Mao Y, Gao S, Xue Q, et al. [Application of video assisted thoracic surgery for chest tumors: experience of 144 cases in a single institution]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2010;90:621-3 pubmed..Morbidity and mortality rate of VATS were acceptable. VATS lobectomy can be used as an alternative surgical technique for early-stage lung cancer. For lung wedge resection, VATS was superior than OT. ..
- Demir H, Demir S, Emir S, Kacar A, Tiryaki T. Primary hydatid cyst of the rib mimicking chest wall tumor: a case report. J Pediatr Surg. 2010;45:2247-9 pubmed publisher..A hydatid cyst can be seen in any part of the body. However, primary hydatid cyst of the rib in childhood is exceedingly rare. We report the first case of a pediatric hydatid cyst of the rib mimicking chest wall tumor. ..
- Kucharczuk J. Chest wall sarcomas and induction therapy. Thorac Surg Clin. 2012;22:77-81, vii pubmed publisher..The single most important factor in local control and long-term survival is a wide, complete, R0 resection. ..
- Kadota Y, Ohta M. [Thoracic surgery in patients with autoimmune diseases]. Kyobu Geka. 2012;65:738-42 pubmed..In this article we discuss the autoimmune diseases which are known to associate with thoracic and mediastinal neoplasms, and the perioperative management of thoracic surgery in patients with autoimmune diseases. ..
- Tsujimoto M, Bou S, Yokokawa M. [Intrathoracic lipoma of which a pedunculated growth was confirmed by the development of pneumothorax before surgery; report of a case]. Kyobu Geka. 2011;64:1036-9 pubmed..It was easy to perform thoracoscopic resection of the tumor, which was diagnosed as lipoma by pathology. The patient is free of recurrence 2 years after surgery. ..
- ..Biopsies are often required, especially for soft tissue masses. Treatment depends on histological subtype and location, but may include chemotherapy and radiotherapy in addition to surgical resection. ..
- Alves D, Bell T, Benton C, Rushing E, Stevens E. Giant thoracic schwannoma in a rhesus macaque (Macaca mulatta). J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2010;49:868-72 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first case of thoracic schwannoma in a rhesus macaque and the second reported case of schwannoma in a nonhuman primate. ..
- Miyata H, Yamasaki M, Makino T, Miyazaki Y, Takahashi T, Kurokawa Y, et al. Clinical Outcome of Esophagectomy in Elderly Patients With and Without Neoadjuvant Therapy for Thoracic Esophageal Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S794-801 pubmed publisher..Aggressive treatment may be recommended for elderly patients after taking into careful consideration the overall physical condition. ..
- Chang J, Zhang X, Knopf A, Li H, Mori S, Dong L, et al. Consensus Guidelines for Implementing Pencil-Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Thoracic Malignancies on Behalf of the PTCOG Thoracic and Lymphoma Subcommittee. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:41-50 pubmed publisher..Active motion management (eg, breath hold), beam gating, rescanning, tracking, or adaptive planning may be needed for cases involving significant motion or changes in motion or anatomy over the course of treatment. ..
- Xu Q, Xu K, Yang C, Zhang X, Meng Y, Quan Q. Askin tumor: four case reports and a review of the literature. Cancer Imaging. 2011;11:184-8 pubmed publisher..By the time this article was completed, two of the patients had died with local chest wall recurrences. Here we focus on the imaging features, differential diagnosis, pathology and prognosis of this rare disease. ..
- De Mones E, Bertolus C, Salaun P, Dubrulle F, Ferrie J, Temam S, et al. Initial staging of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, larynx and pharynx (excluding nasopharynx). Part 2: Remote extension assessment and exploration for secondary synchronous locations outside of the upper aerodigestive tract. 2012 SFORL gu. Eur Ann Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Dis. 2013;130:107-12 pubmed publisher
- Evans J, Gomez D, Amini A, Rebueno N, Allen P, Martel M, et al. Aortic dose constraints when reirradiating thoracic tumors. Radiother Oncol. 2013;106:327-32 pubmed publisher..0 Gy (vs. 0% for patients receiving <120.0 Gy) (P=0.047). Grade 5 aortic toxicities were observed with composite doses ?120.0 Gy (NIDR ?90.0 Gy) to 1cm(3) of the aorta. ..
- Besic N, Gazic B. Sites of metastases of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma: autopsy findings in 45 cases from a single institution. Thyroid. 2013;23:709-13 pubmed publisher..Two or more metastatic sites were found at autopsy in 84% of cases. The most common metastatic sites are lungs, followed by the intrathoracic and neck lymph nodes. ..
- Mohan M, Gokden M, Gokden N, Schinke C. A Case of Cardiac Light Chain Deposition Disease in a Patient with Solitary Plasmacytoma. Am J Case Rep. 2016;17:173-6 pubmed..There is very little literature on the optimal management of these patients. A combination of surgery and chemotherapy were pursued in our patient with very good results. ..
- Blais E, Pichon B, Mampuya A, Antoine M, Lagarde P, Kantor G, et al. [Lung dose constraints for normo-fractionated radiotherapy and for stereotactic body radiation therapy]. Cancer Radiother. 2017;21:584-596 pubmed publisher..The recent technological improvements may represent an encouraging way to decrease lung toxicities. Finally, our team developed a calculator in order to predict the risk of radiation pneumonitis. ..
- Furuichi M, Muramatsu T, Shimamura M, Nishii T, Takeshita S, Ishimoto S, et al. [Treatment with S-1 and radiation therapy for advanced lung cancer invading chest wall]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2010;37:119-22 pubmed..As a result, he was allowed to return home and followed as an outpatient. Our experience suggests that positive palliative treatment improves the quality of life (QOL) of patients and provides survival benefits. ..
- Gonfiotti A, Santini P, Campanacci D, Innocenti M, Ferrarello S, Caldarella A, et al. Malignant primary chest-wall tumours: techniques of reconstruction and survival. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010;38:39-45 pubmed publisher..The STRATOS system, developed for chest-wall replacement, allows a firm reconstruction, simple to handle and to fix, avoiding instability or paradoxical movement also in wide chest-wall resections. ..
- Kim H, Kim M, Lee M, Ahn J, Kim H, Kim I, et al. Coexistence of chronic myeloid leukemia and pulmonary plasmacytoma mimicking primary lung cancer. Int J Hematol. 2010;92:651-4 pubmed publisher..Finally, he died due to pneumonia and multi-organ failure during concurrent administration of IM and high-dose dexamethasone. ..
- Jedlicka V, Vlcek P, Vesely J, Veverkova L, Capov I, Janicek P. [Resection and reconstruction of the chest wall for primary or metastatic tumours]. Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech. 2011;78:361-6 pubmed..Major chest wall resection as a palliative procedure remains selective for motivated patients in a good physical condition but with low quality of life caused by a chest wall tumour. ..
- Scorsetti M, Alongi F, Castiglioni S, Clivio A, Fogliata A, Lobefalo F, et al. Feasibility and early clinical assessment of flattening filter free (FFF) based stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) treatments. Radiat Oncol. 2011;6:113 pubmed publisher..This study showed that, with respect to acute toxicity, SBRT with FFF beams showed to be a feasible technique in 70 consecutive patients with various primary and metastatic lesions in the body. ..
- Nenekidis I, Anagnostakou V, Paralikas I, Kokkori A, Dedeilias P, Zisis C. Ectopic hepatocellular carcinomas developed in the chest wall and skull. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2011;19:360-2 pubmed publisher..Both masses were resected simultaneously. Histopathology showed that both tumors were hepatocellular carcinomas. ..
- Li X, Samei E, Segars W, Sturgeon G, Colsher J, Frush D. Patient-specific radiation dose and cancer risk for pediatric chest CT. Radiology. 2011;259:862-74 pubmed publisher..They can further guide the design and optimization of pediatric chest CT protocols. http://radiology.rsna.org/lookup/suppl/doi:10.1148/radiol.11101900/-/DC1. ..
- Kosaka M, Koizumi T, Fukushima T, Wada Y, Agatsuma T, Yokoyama T, et al. Mantle cell lymphoma mainly involving thoracic lesions: two case reports. Intern Med. 2011;50:1477-81 pubmed..These thoracic manifestations at the initial diagnosis should be taken into consideration for the clinical spectrum of mantle cell lymphoma. ..
- Muesse J, Blackmon S, HARRIS R, Kim M. Acute shingles after resection of thoracic schwannoma. Tex Heart Inst J. 2012;39:265-7 pubmed..This case serves as a reminder that viral infections such as shingles should be considered in the differential diagnosis of postoperative erythema and pain. ..
- Souza F, de Angelo M, O Regan K, Jagannathan J, Jagganathan J, Krajewski K, et al. Malignant primary chest wall neoplasms: a pictorial review of imaging findings. Clin Imaging. 2013;37:8-17 pubmed publisher..Although distinguishing imaging features may suggest a specific diagnosis in the majority of MCWN, most affected patients undergo biopsy for a definitive diagnosis. ..
- Gao F, Liu H, Shi P. Patient-adaptive lesion metabolism analysis by dynamic PET images. Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv. 2012;15:558-65 pubmed..The requirement of accurate input functions is also reduced. Experiments are conducted on Monte Carlo simulated data set for quantitative analysis and validation, and on real patient scans for assessment of clinical potential. ..
- Lohberger B, Stuendl N, Wolf E, Liegl Atzwanger B, Leithner A, Rinner B. The novel myxofibrosarcoma cell line MUG-Myx1 expresses a tumourigenic stem-like cell population with high aldehyde dehydrogenase 1 activity. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:563 pubmed publisher..These neoplasms mainly affect patients in the sixth to eighth decades of life and the overall 5-year survival rate is 60-70%...
- Wang M, Pan Y, Zhou Z, Cui Y, Du K, Li S. [Clinical Investigation on CT guided cryoablation for treating invasive chest wall or pleural tumors]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2017;39:395-399 pubmed publisher..03)???????1????1?????3?????6???????????90.9%(20/22)?90.9%(20/22)?86.4% (19/22)?81.8%(18/22)????????13.5?????pfs?7???????????????????????16??????5???????3????5????3?? ??? ct???????????????????????????????. ..
- Kajiwara N, Akata S, Uchida O, Usuda J, Ohira T, Kawate N, et al. Cine MRI enables better therapeutic planning than CT in cases of possible lung cancer chest wall invasion. Lung Cancer. 2010;69:203-8 pubmed publisher..RD MR is more useful than CT or standard MRI for evaluating thoracic wall invasion. This noninvasive method enhances the reliability of deciding whether induction therapy should be employed. ..
- Guan Y, Zhang W, Zeng Q, Chen G, He J. CT and MRI findings of thoracic ganglioneuroma. Br J Radiol. 2012;85:e365-72 pubmed publisher..On CT and MRI, non-enhancement or slight enhancement in artery phase and progressive mild enhancement in delay phase are characteristic manifestations of ganglioneuroma in the thorax. ..
- Saeki H, Morita M, Tsuda Y, Hidaka G, Kasagi Y, Kawano H, et al. Multimodal treatment strategy for clinical T3 thoracic esophageal cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013;20:4267-73 pubmed publisher..A pathological complete response to NACRT is critical for improving survival in patients with clinical T3 thoracic EC. Salvage surgery should be considered only in carefully selected patients with locally advanced EC. ..
- Krassas A, Grima R, Bagan P, Badia A, Arame A, Barthes F, et al. Current indications and results for thoracoplasty and intrathoracic muscle transposition. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010;37:1215-20 pubmed publisher..Thoracoplasty may be associated with myoplasty, which permits achieving complete space obliteration by combining resection of a few rib segments and limited intrathoracic muscle transposition. ..
- Gertz R, Sarda R, Lloyd R. Follicular thyroid carcinoma presenting as a massive chest wall tumor. Endocr Pathol. 2013;24:20-4 pubmed publisher..Dedifferentiation and metastasis in the context of microcarcinoma is an exceptionally rare event and suggests other mechanisms may be involved in disease spread other than simply increased cell proliferation. ..
- Rice S, Friedman K. Clinical PET-MR Imaging in Breast Cancer and Lung Cancer. PET Clin. 2016;11:387-402 pubmed publisher..PET-MR imaging systems have the potential to further improve imaging of thoracic neoplasms, resulting in diagnostic and therapeutic advantages compared with current MR imaging and PET-computed ..
- Akhavan A, Binesh F, Kargar K, Navabii H. Juvenile female with chest wall fibromatosis located posteriorly to the right breast: radiation therapy or wait and watch?. BMJ Case Rep. 2013;2013: pubmed publisher..The patient was operated with positive margin, however, we decided to postpone radiation therapy because of potential risks...
- McLaughlin E, Heuer G, Whitmore R, Birknes J, Belasco J, Sterman D, et al. Treatment of a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor and its complications through a multidisciplinary approach. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011;7:543-8 pubmed publisher..She is now 5 years out from her tumor resection and 3 years out from her definitive fusion. She has no evidence of residual tumor, infection, or pseudarthrosis and continues to remain asymptomatic...
- Steinau H, Steinsträsser L, Hauser J, Tilkorn D, Stricker I, Daigeler A. [Soft tissue sarcoma. Resection and plastic reconstruction]. Orthopade. 2012;41:165-75; quiz 176 pubmed publisher..Patients with soft tissue sarcoma of the trunk or of the extremities should always be referred to high volume centers...
- Duranti L, Gronchi A, Stacchiotti S, Fiore M, Casali P, Collini P, et al. Localised thoracic sarcomas: outcome improvement over time at a single institution. Eur J Cancer. 2013;49:2689-97 pubmed publisher..To assess changes in survival over time in patients affected by thoracic soft tissue sarcomas treated at a single institution...
- Hasegawa K, Matsui T, Aoyagi H, Yoshida T, Kaneko J, Maejima S. [A case of chest wall recurrence after mastectomy for breast cancer that showed response to chemotherapy]. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho. 2013;40:2378-80 pubmed..Definite improvement in chest wall metastasis was observed following this treatment. By changing the treatment to endocrine therapy, the disease has been effectively controlled. ..
- Royer P, Marchesi V, Rousseau V, Buchheit I, Wolf D, Peiffert D, et al. [Evaluation of transit in vivo dosimetry using portal imaging and comparison with measurements using diodes]. Cancer Radiother. 2014;18:183-90 pubmed publisher..A comparative evaluation was conducted between a commercial solution, EPIgray(®) and an in vivo dosimetry control reference using semiconductors diodes...
- Eckardt J, Olsen K, Licht P. Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration of undiagnosed chest tumors. World J Surg. 2010;34:1823-7 pubmed publisher..Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS) is a well-established method for mediastinal staging of lung cancer but may also be used as a diagnostic tool in patients with undiagnosed intrathoracic lesions...
- Marshall M, Wilson B, Carter Y. Thoracic surgery skill proficiency with chest wall tumor simulator. J Surg Res. 2012;174:250-6 pubmed publisher..We set out to develop a simulated chest wall tumor model to teach the specifics skills needed for chest wall tumor resection with prosthetic reconstruction...
- Breunig J, Hernandez S, Lin J, Alsager S, Dumstorf C, Price J, et al. A system for continual quality improvement of normal tissue delineation for radiation therapy treatment planning. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;83:e703-8 pubmed publisher..To implement the "plan-do-check-act" (PDCA) cycle for the continual quality improvement of normal tissue contours used for radiation therapy treatment planning...
- Chen T, Jabbour S, Qin S, Haffty B, Yue N. Objected constrained registration and manifold learning: a new patient setup approach in image guided radiation therapy of thoracic cancer. Med Phys. 2013;40:041710 pubmed publisher..The management of thoracic malignancies with radiation therapy is complicated by continuous target motion. In this study, a real time motion analysis approach is proposed to improve the accuracy of patient setup...
- Takanashi Y, Urabe N. [Schwannoma of the chest wall showing a bead-like appearance;report of a case]. Kyobu Geka. 2013;66:1027-9 pubmed..The bead-like mass with 3 round portions revealed to be a mass of the right 7th intercostal nerve. The tumor was diagnosed as benign schwannoma of mixed Antoni type A and type B histologically. ..