gestational trophoblastic disease
Summary: A group of diseases arising from pregnancy that are commonly associated with hyperplasia of trophoblasts (TROPHOBLAST) and markedly elevated human CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN. They include HYDATIDIFORM MOLE, invasive mole (HYDATIDIFORM MOLE, INVASIVE), placental-site trophoblastic tumor (TROPHOBLASTIC TUMOR, PLACENTAL SITE), and CHORIOCARCINOMA. These neoplasms have varying propensities for invasion and spread.
- Laganà A, Vitale S, De Dominici R, Padula F, Rapisarda A, Biondi A, et al. Fertility outcome after laparoscopic salpingostomy or salpingectomy for tubal ectopic pregnancy A 12-years retrospective cohort study. Ann Ital Chir. 2016;87:461-465 pubmed
- Sefidbakht S, Hosseini F, Bijan B, Hamedi B, Azizi T. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of diffusion-weighted imaging of gestational trophoblastic disease: Can it predict progression of molar pregnancy to persistent form of disease?. Eur J Radiol. 2017;88:71-76 pubmed publisherTo describe the diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) appearance of gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD) and to determine its apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) values...
- Parker V, Pacey A, Palmer J, Tidy J, Winter M, Hancock B. Classification systems in Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia - Sentiment or evidenced based?. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;56:47-57 pubmed publisher..This culminates in a critique of the current FIGO/WHO prognostic system and discussion surrounding clinical preference versus evidence based practice. ..
- . Current FIGO staging for cancer of the vagina, fallopian tube, ovary, and gestational trophoblastic neoplasia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2009;105:3-4 pubmed
- Wang Z, Li X, Pan J, Chen J, Shi H, Zhang X, et al. Bleeding from gestational trophoblastic neoplasia: embolotherapy efficacy and tumour response to chemotherapy. Clin Radiol. 2017;72:992.e7-992.e11 pubmed publisher..SAE can effectively control haemorrhage from GTN and these patients had good response to systemic chemotherapy following successful SAE. Uterine bleeding may recur due to uterine AVMs, even following complete embolisation and CR of GTN. ..