Genomes and Genes
Summary: The study of the chemical and physical phenomena of radioactive substances.
- Melnikov V, Popova I, Konovalov K, Kostyuchenko V. Qualitative assessment of sources and general dependencies in the behavior of anthropogenic radionuclides in the Techa River. Health Phys. 2012;103:53-5 pubmed publisher..Also, the behavior of anthropogenic radionuclides in the open fluvial river system is reviewed. ..
- Koutsari C, Ali A, Mundi M, Jensen M. Measuring plasma fatty acid oxidation with intravenous bolus injection of 3H- and 14C-fatty acid. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:254-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, intravenous boluses of [9,10-(3)H]palmitate versus [1-(14)C]palmitate gave similar estimates of 24 h cumulative FFA oxidation in age-, sex- and BMI-matched individuals. ..
- De Bruyne S, La Regina G, Staelens S, Wyffels L, Deleye S, Silvestri R, et al. Radiosynthesis and in vivo evaluation of [11C]-labelled pyrrole-2-carboxamide derivates as novel radioligands for PET imaging of monoamine oxidase A. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:459-67 pubmed publisher..11)C]-RS 2315 displayed a high nonspecific binding and is therefore not suitable for visualization of MAO-A in vivo. [(11)C]-RS 2360 on the other hand has potential for mapping MAO-A since specific binding is demonstrated. ..
- Finck P, Wigeland R, Hill R. Reactor-based management of used nuclear fuel: assessment of major options. Health Phys. 2011;100:46-53 pubmed publisher..e., to be able to put waste in environments best-suited for the waste contents and forms). ..
- Gao M, Wang M, Zheng Q. Synthesis of carbon-11 labeled 1-(3,4-dimethoxybenzyl)-2,2-dimethyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroisoquinolinium derivatives as new potential PET SKCa channel imaging agents. Appl Radiat Isot. 2008;66:194-202 pubmed
- Ismail I, Andrew P, Cholerton J, Roberts A, Dear G, Taylor S, et al. Characterization of the metabolites of alosetron in experimental animals and human. Xenobiotica. 2005;35:131-54 pubmed..The characterization of the metabolites in animal excreta facilitated the identification of human systemic metabolites. ..
- Miao Z, Ren G, Jiang L, Liu H, Webster J, Zhang R, et al. A novel 18F-labeled two-helix scaffold protein for PET imaging of HER2-positive tumor. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2011;38:1977-84 pubmed publisher..9 vs 1.8%ID/g, p < 0.05). F-FBO-MUT-DS displays excellent HER2 targeting ability and tumor PET imaging quality. The two-helix scaffold proteins are suitable for development of (18)F-based PET probes. ..
- Le Helleix S, Dolle F, Kuhnast B. Easy upgrade of the TRACERLab FX C Pro for [¹¹C]carboxylation reactions: application to the routine production of [1-¹¹C]acetate. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013;82:7-11 pubmed publisher..This also opens new prospects to other type of radiochemical reactions involving [(11)C]CO2. ..
- Bottenus B, Kan P, Jenkins T, Ballard B, Rold T, Barnes C, et al. Gold(III) bis-thiosemicarbazonato complexes: synthesis, characterization, radiochemistry and X-ray crystal structure analysis. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:41-9 pubmed publisher..353(2) degrees , V=2120.2 (4) A(3), Z=4. These studies revealed poor stability of the [(198)Au][Au(3,4-HxTSE)](+) complex; however, crystal structure data suggest potential alterations to the ligand backbone may increase stability. ..
- Greguric I, Taylor S, Denoyer D, Ballantyne P, Berghofer P, Roselt P, et al. Discovery of [18F]N-(2-(diethylamino)ethyl)-6-fluoronicotinamide: a melanoma positron emission tomography imaging radiotracer with high tumor to body contrast ratio and rapid renal clearance. J Med Chem. 2009;52:5299-302 pubmed publisher
- Lebeda O, van Lier E, Stursa J, Ráliš J, Zyuzin A. Assessment of radionuclidic impurities in cyclotron produced (99m)Tc. Nucl Med Biol. 2012;39:1286-91 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that cyclotron production of (99m)Tc, using highly enriched (100)Mo targets and 19-24MeV incident proton energy, will result in a product of acceptable radionuclidic purity for applications in nuclear medicine. ..
- Lynch T, Tolmachev S, James A. Estimating 241Am activity in the body: comparison of direct measurements and radiochemical analyses. Radiat Prot Dosimetry. 2009;134:94-101 pubmed publisher..The (241)Am activity in the lungs determined from the direct measurements were within 40% of the radiochemistry results in three cases and within a factor of 2 for the other case...
- Chattopadhyay S, Saha Das S. A simple and rapid technique for radiochemical separation of iodine radionuclides from irradiated tellurium using an activated charcoal column. Appl Radiat Isot. 2009;67:1748-50 pubmed publisher..This method can be adopted for the radiochemical separation of other different iodine radionuclides produced from tellurium matrices through cyclotron as well as reactor irradiation. ..
- Hillier S, Maresca K, Lu G, Merkin R, Marquis J, Zimmerman C, et al. 99mTc-labeled small-molecule inhibitors of prostate-specific membrane antigen for molecular imaging of prostate cancer. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1369-76 pubmed publisher..These (99m)Tc-labeled radiopharmaceuticals targeting PSMA may provide a SPECT molecular imaging option to assist in the initial diagnosis of prostate cancer and the management of patient care by monitoring disease progression. ..
- De Leonardis F, Pascali G, Salvadori P, Watts P, Pamme N. On-chip pre-concentration and complexation of [¹?F]fluoride ions via regenerable anion exchange particles for radiochemical synthesis of Positron Emission Tomography tracers. J Chromatogr A. 2011;1218:4714-9 pubmed publisher..This approach will be of great benefit towards an integrated platform able to perform faster and safer radiochemical synthesis on the micro-scale. ..
- Salgado Garcia C, Montoza Aguado M, Luna Alcaide A, Segovia Gonzalez M, de Mora E, Lopez Martin J, et al. A new method for the radiochemical purity measurement of ¹¹¹In-pentetreotide. Nucl Med Commun. 2011;32:1241-4 pubmed publisher..The proposed method is suitable for RCP testing because it yields results that are in good agreement with those of the standard method and because it is easier to perform as the mobile-phase solution need not be prepared in advance. ..
- Smith G, Sala R, Carroll L, Behan K, Glaser M, Robins E, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of nucleoside radiotracers for imaging proliferation. Nucl Med Biol. 2012;39:652-65 pubmed publisher..Stable isotope standards and radiochemistry precursors were synthesized by modification of existing literature procedures...
- Malhotra A, Kumar P, Sharma S, Dhawan D. Macro-aggregates (MAA) of albumin for lung imaging. Studies on better tissue to background ratio, on MAA stability and reuse after its first preparation. Hell J Nucl Med. 2010;13:229-32 pubmed..The present study suggests that MAA once prepared can be reused following labeling with (99m)Tc even after 9 days of storage with better target to non target ratio as compared to storage timer period of 1 and 2 days. ..
- Andersson J, Varnas K, Cselényi Z, Gulyas B, Wensbo D, Finnema S, et al. Radiosynthesis of the candidate beta-amyloid radioligand [(11)C]AZD2184: Positron emission tomography examination and metabolite analysis in cynomolgus monkeys. Synapse. 2010;64:733-41 pubmed publisher..On the basis of the labeling chemistry and the results of the biological evaluation, we conclude that [(11)C]5 should be useful for routine clinical studies...
- Fuchigami T, Haradahira T, Fujimoto N, Nojiri Y, Mukai T, Yamamoto F, et al. Development of N-[11C]methylamino 4-hydroxy-2(1H)-quinolone derivatives as PET radioligands for the glycine-binding site of NMDA receptors. Bioorg Med Chem. 2009;17:5665-75 pubmed publisher..It is conjectured that still acidic moiety and high affinity with plasma protein of [(11)C]32 may prevent in vivo brain uptake. In conclusion, [(11)C]12 and [(11)C]32 are unsuitable for imaging cerebral NMDA receptors. ..
- Ross T, Honer M, Lam P, Mindt T, Groehn V, Schibli R, et al. Fluorine-18 click radiosynthesis and preclinical evaluation of a new 18F-labeled folic acid derivative. Bioconjug Chem. 2008;19:2462-70 pubmed publisher..The new tracer showed good in vitro but limited in vivo properties. Ultimately, the (18)F-click folate emphasizes the potential of (18)F-labeled folates for receptor-based tumor PET imaging. ..
- Cheng Z, De Jesus O, Namavari M, De A, Levi J, Webster J, et al. Small-animal PET imaging of human epidermal growth factor receptor type 2 expression with site-specific 18F-labeled protein scaffold molecules. J Nucl Med. 2008;49:804-13 pubmed publisher..The protein scaffold molecules used here are attractive for the further development of PET probes for other molecular targets. ..
- Laymon C, Sashin D, Carney J, Ruszkiewicz J, Altenburger D, Becker C, et al. Evaluation of a commercial radiochromatography module as an arterial blood activity monitor. Phys Med Biol. 2008;53:339-51 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the Posi-RAM has the necessary sensitivity and count-rate capabilities to be used as a real-time blood activity monitor. ..
- Li Z, Cai H, Conti P. Automated synthesis of 2'-deoxy-2'-[18F]fluoro-5-methyl-1-?-D-arabinofuranosyluracil ([18F]-FMAU) using a one reactor radiosynthesis module. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:201-6 pubmed publisher..The overall reaction time was about 150 min from the end of bombardment and the radiochemical purity was >99%. This automated synthesis should also be suitable for the production of other 5-substituted thymidine analogues. ..
- Ungersboeck J, Philippe C, Mien L, Haeusler D, Shanab K, Lanzenberger R, et al. Microfluidic preparation of [18F]FE@SUPPY and [18F]FE@SUPPY:2--comparison with conventional radiosyntheses. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:427-34 pubmed publisher..The direct comparison of radiosyntheses data applying a conventional method and a microfluidic approach revealed a significant increase of RCIY using the microfluidic approach. ..
- Tavares A, Jobson N, Dewar D, Sutherland A, Pimlott S. Development of the radiosynthesis of high-specific-activity 123I-NKJ64. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:493-500 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the importance of HPLC purification and accurate measurement of specific activity while developing new radiosynthesis methodologies. ..
- Kijewska I, Hawlicka E. A new radiochemical method to investigate ion binding with polyelectrolytes. Carbohydr Res. 2005;340:1185-91 pubmed..The fraction of the specifically bound ions becomes negligible when the ionic strength exceeds 0.01 M, whereas the fraction of territorially bound ions can be neglected at ionic strengths higher than 0.45 M. ..
- Tang I, Luo T, Liu S, Chan S, Kung H, Peng C, et al. Synthesis and application of 188Re-MN-16ET/Lipiodol in a hepatocellular carcinoma animal model. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:1043-52 pubmed publisher..H(3)MN-16ET is a suitable tetradentate ligand for (188)Re labeling. From the animal data, we suggest that (188)Re-MN-16ET/Lipiodol has the potential to be a therapeutic radiopharmaceutical for hepatoma treatment. ..
- Hanzek B, Franic Z, Branica G. [Notable radiophysicists and radiochemists in Croatia by 1945]. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2011;62:279-90 pubmed publisher..Our research has shown that Croatian scientists not only kept pace with contemporary scientific knowledge but also made notable contributions from the very beginning. ..
- Dall Angelo S, Bandaranayaka N, Windhorst A, Vugts D, van der Born D, Onega M, et al. Tumour imaging by Positron Emission Tomography using fluorinase generated 5-[¹?F]fluoro-5-deoxyribose as a novel tracer. Nucl Med Biol. 2013;40:464-70 pubmed publisher..18)F]FDR 3 can be rapidly synthesised in a two enzyme protocol and used to image tumours in small animal models. ..
- Javed M, Chen S, Kim H, Wei L, Czernin J, Kim C, et al. Efficient radiosynthesis of 3'-deoxy-3'-18F-fluorothymidine using electrowetting-on-dielectric digital microfluidic chip. J Nucl Med. 2014;55:321-8 pubmed publisher..synthesis steps, could potentially form the basis of a stand-alone system that decouples PET probe production from the cyclotron and specialized radiochemistry facilities and increases diversity and flexibility in probe production.
- Sakama M. Recent great impact by an Isotope Separator On-Line (ISOL) in nuclear and radiochemistry. J Med Invest. 2016;63:19-26 pubmed publisher..News and Views on Nature (2015) which has been performed by our remarkably Japanese colleagues of nuclear and radiochemistry at JAEA (Japan Atomic Energy Agency)...
- Jalilian A, Rowshanfarzad P, Afarideh H, Shafiee A, Sabet M, Kyoumarsi M, et al. Synthesis of [75Se]5-ethoxycarbonyl-4-methyl-1,2,3-selenadiazole. Appl Radiat Isot. 2004;60:659-63 pubmed..Column chromatography of the final solution afforded the desired labeled compound in 30% yield and greater than 98% radiochemical purity...
- Boros E, Ferreira C, Yapp D, Gill R, Price E, Adam M, et al. RGD conjugates of the H2dedpa scaffold: synthesis, labeling and imaging with 68Ga. Nucl Med Biol. 2012;39:785-94 pubmed publisher..We have successfully synthesized and applied the first bifunctional versions of H(2)dedpa for conjugation to a targeting vector and subsequent imaging of the corresponding conjugates. ..
- Kim I, Watson R, Lindstrom R. Accurate and precise measurement of selenium by instrumental neutron activation analysis. Anal Chem. 2011;83:3493-8 pubmed publisher..The mass fraction of selenium in the new lot of SRM 3149 was determined with a relative standard uncertainty of 0.6%. ..
- Debus F, Herth M, Piel M, Buchholz H, Bausbacher N, Kramer V, et al. 18F-labeling and evaluation of novel MDL 100907 derivatives as potential 5-HT2A antagonists for molecular imaging. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:487-95 pubmed publisher..MZ hint on improved molecular imaging characteristics compared with those of [(18)F]MH.MZ. Therefore, (R)-[(18)F]MH.MZ appears to be a highly potent and selective serotonergic PET ligand in small animals. ..
- Yoder K, Hutchins G, Mock B, Fei X, Winkle W, Gitter B, et al. Dopamine transporter binding in rat striatum: a comparison of [O-methyl-11C]beta-CFT and [N-methyl-11C]beta-CFT. Nucl Med Biol. 2009;36:11-6 pubmed publisher..22+/-0.16 (left). Paired t tests demonstrated that labeling position did not affect striatal DAT BP. These results suggest that [O-methyl-(11)C]beta-CFT is quantitatively equivalent to [N-methyl-(11)C]beta-CFT in the rat striatum. ..
- Sagstuen E, Sanderud A, Hole E. The solid-state radiation chemistry of simple amino acids, revisited. Radiat Res. 2004;162:112-9 pubmed..A short description of these radicals is given, and an overview of the solid-state radiation chemistry of the simple amino acids is presented, based on a review of the literature combined with these recent experimental results. ..
- Smith G, Zhao Y, Leyton J, Shan B, Nguyen Q, Perumal M, et al. Radiosynthesis and pre-clinical evaluation of [(18)F]fluoro-[1,2-(2)H(4)]choline. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:39-51 pubmed publisher..Stability analysis and biodistribution suggest that [(18)F]fluoro-[1,2-(2)H(4)]choline warrants further in vivo investigation as a PET probe of choline metabolism. ..
- Guerra Gomez F, Uehara T, Rokugawa T, Higaki Y, Suzuki H, Hanaoka H, et al. Synthesis and evaluation of diastereoisomers of 1,4,7-triazacyclononane-1,4,7-tris-(glutaric acid) (NOTGA) for multimeric radiopharmaceuticals of gallium. Bioconjug Chem. 2012;23:2229-38 pubmed publisher..To estimate their biological efficacies as well as their stability and radiochemistry, the RRR/SSS and RRS/SSR NOTGA-(t)Bu prochelators were isolated and the corresponding cyclic RGDfK (RGD) ..
- Kallmerten A, Jones G. Microwave accelerated synthesis of PET image contrast agents for AD research. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2010;7:251-4 pubmed..extremely rapid and efficient radiochemistry methods are needed to ensure required compounds are prepared and purified for administration within the 2-3 ..
- Schober O, Rahbar K, Riemann B. Multimodality molecular imaging--from target description to clinical studies. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2009;36:302-14 pubmed publisher..e. from target description to clinical studies. The following topics are addressed: targets, radiochemistry and radiopharmacy, devices and computer science, animals and preclinical evaluations, and patients and ..
- Jang K, Jung Y, Gu G, Koeppe R, Sherman P, Quesada C, et al. 4-[18F]Fluoro-m-hydroxyphenethylguanidine: a radiopharmaceutical for quantifying regional cardiac sympathetic nerve density with positron emission tomography. J Med Chem. 2013;56:7312-23 pubmed publisher..These initial results strongly suggest that [(18)F]1 can provide quantitative measures of regional cardiac sympathetic nerve density in human hearts using PET. ..
- . Alavi achievements recognized with de Hevesy Award. J Nucl Med. 2004;45:36N, 52N pubmed
- Fukui H, Koike T, Nakagawa T, Saheki A, Sonoke S, Tomii Y, et al. Comparison of LNS-AmB, a novel low-dose formulation of amphotericin B with lipid nano-sphere (LNS), with commercial lipid-based formulations. Int J Pharm. 2003;267:101-12 pubmed..We conclude that LNS-AmB may offer an improved therapeutic profile at lower doses than Fungizone and commercial lipid-based formulations. ..
- Amin K, Patel S, Doke A, Saha G. An alternative method for determining the radiochemical purity of 99mTc-tetrofosmin. J Nucl Med Technol. 2011;39:51-4 pubmed publisher..The 2 methods yielded similar values (within 1 SD) of radiochemical purity for (99m)Tc-tetrofosmin. ..
- Jarkas N, Voll R, Williams L, Goodman M. Validation of two fluoro-analogues of N,N-dimethyl-2-(2'-amino-4'-hydroxymethyl-phenylthio)benzylamine as serotonin transporter imaging agents using microPET. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:593-603 pubmed publisher..Alternative fluoro-analogues of HOMADAM will soon be characterized, in future work, as SERT radioimaging agents. ..
- Zhu L, Li G, Choi S, Plossl K, Chan P, Qiao H, et al. An improved preparation of [18F]FPBM: a potential serotonin transporter (SERT) imaging agent. Nucl Med Biol. 2013;40:974-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that it is feasible to use this labeling method to prepare [(18)F]FPBM, 1, without affecting in vivo SERT binding. ..