Genomes and Genes
Summary: Formation of neuronal processes (AXONS; NEURITES) toward a target cell.
- Oguchi M, Noguchi K, Fukuda M. TBC1D12 is a novel Rab11-binding protein that modulates neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174883 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that TBC1D12 is a novel Rab11-binding protein that modulates neurite outgrowth of PC12 cells. ..
- Schulze J, Kaiser O, Paasche G, Lamm H, Pich A, Hoffmann A, et al. Effect of hyperbaric oxygen on BDNF-release and neuroprotection: Investigations with human mesenchymal stem cells and genetically modified NIH3T3 fibroblasts as putative cell therapeutics. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178182 pubmed publisher..HBO treatment did not influence (increase / reduce) this effect. Secretome analysis showed that HBO treatment altered the protein expression pattern in MSCs. ..
- Al Ali H, Ding Y, Slepak T, Wu W, Sun Y, Martinez Y, et al. The mTOR Substrate S6 Kinase 1 (S6K1) Is a Negative Regulator of Axon Regeneration and a Potential Drug Target for Central Nervous System Injury. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7079-7095 pubmed publisher..We provide mechanistic evidence that S6K1's negative feedback to PI3K signaling is involved in axon growth inhibition, and show that phosphorylation of S6K1 is a more appropriate regeneration indicator than is S6 phosphorylation. ..
- Motti D, Lerch J, Danzi M, Gans J, Kuo F, Slepak T, et al. Identification of miRNAs involved in DRG neurite outgrowth and their putative targets. FEBS Lett. 2017;591:2091-2105 pubmed publisher..MiR-298, let-7a, and let-7f enhance neurite growth and target the majority of isoforms in the differentially expressed network. ..
- Wang J, Pavlyk I, Vedula P, Sterling S, Leu N, Dong D, et al. Arginyltransferase ATE1 is targeted to the neuronal growth cones and regulates neurite outgrowth during brain development. Dev Biol. 2017;430:41-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that zipcode-mediated co-targeting of Ate1 and ?-actin mRNA leads to localized co-translational arginylation of ?-actin that drives the growth cone migration and neurite outgrowth. ..
- Gu T, Zhao T, Kohli U, Hewes R. The large and small SPEN family proteins stimulate axon outgrowth during neurosecretory cell remodeling in Drosophila. Dev Biol. 2017;431:226-238 pubmed publisher..We propose that SPEN and NITO function additively or synergistically in the CCAP/bursicon neurons to regulate multiple aspects of neurite outgrowth during metamorphic remodeling. ..
- Lu L, Zhou H, Pan B, Li X, Fu Z, Liu J, et al. c-Jun Amino-Terminal Kinase is Involved in Valproic Acid-Mediated Neuronal Differentiation of Mouse Embryonic NSCs and Neurite Outgrowth of NSC-Derived Neurons. Neurochem Res. 2017;42:1254-1266 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that VPA promotes neuronal differentiation of mouse embryonic NSCs and neurite outgrowth of NSC-derived neurons. Moreover, JNK activation is involved in the effects of VPA stimulation. ..