Genomes and Genes
inhibitory postsynaptic potentials
Summary: Hyperpolarization of membrane potentials at the SYNAPTIC MEMBRANES of target neurons during NEUROTRANSMISSION. They are local changes which diminish responsiveness to excitatory signals.
- Uchida T, Lossin C, Ihara Y, Deshimaru M, Yanagawa Y, Koyama S, et al. Abnormal ?-aminobutyric acid neurotransmission in a Kcnq2 model of early onset epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1430-1439 pubmed publisher..We conclude that excitatory GABA contributes to the phenotype in these animals, which raises the question of whether this special type of neurotransmission has broader importance in neonatal epilepsy than is currently recognized. ..
- Huang X, Zhou C, Tian M, Kang J, Shen W, Verdier K, et al. Overexpressing wild-type ?2 subunits rescued the seizure phenotype in Gabrg2+/Q390X Dravet syndrome mice. Epilepsia. 2017;58:1451-1461 pubmed publisher..Based on these results we suggest that seizures in a genetic epilepsy syndrome caused by epilepsy mutant ?2(Q390X) subunits with dominant negative effects could be rescued potentially by overexpression of wild-type ?2 subunits. ..
- Imbrosci B, Wang Y, Arckens L, Mittmann T. Neuronal mechanisms underlying transhemispheric diaschisis following focal cortical injuries. Brain Struct Funct. 2015;220:1649-64 pubmed..Our findings constitute an important step toward the understanding of transhemispheric diaschisis on the cellular level. ..
- Chen Z, Liu R, Yang S, Dillon G, Huang R. Methylene blue inhibits GABAA receptors by interaction with GABA binding site. Neuropharmacology. 2017;119:100-110 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that MB directly inhibits GABAA receptor function, which may underlie some of the effects of MB on the CNS. ..
- Bittner S, Williamson R, Snyder A, Litwin Kumar A, Doiron B, Chase S, et al. Population activity structure of excitatory and inhibitory neurons. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181773 pubmed publisher..These results imply that knowledge of neuron type is important, and allows for stronger statistical tests, when interpreting population activity structure. ..
- Maurer A, Burke S, Diba K, Barnes C. Attenuated Activity across Multiple Cell Types and Reduced Monosynaptic Connectivity in the Aged Perirhinal Cortex. J Neurosci. 2017;37:8965-8974 pubmed publisher..The reduced inhibition in the perirhinal cortex reported here could contribute to this circuit imbalance, and may be a key point to consider for therapeutic interventions aimed at restoring network function to optimize cognition. ..
- Hirono M, Nagao S, Yanagawa Y, Konishi S. Monoaminergic modulation of GABAergic transmission onto cerebellar globular cells. Neuropharmacology. 2017;118:79-89 pubmed publisher..Monoaminergic modulation of the neural connections between globular cells and PCs could play a role in cerebellar motor coordination. ..
- Currie S, Luz L, Booker S, Wyllie D, Kind P, Daw M. Reduced local input to fast-spiking interneurons in the somatosensory cortex in the GABAA ?2 R43Q mouse model of absence epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2017;58:597-607 pubmed publisher..This reduction leads to altered inhibition during bursts of cortical activity. This altered inhibition demonstrates that alterations in cortical circuitry precede the onset of seizures by more than a week. ..