Genomes and Genes
Summary: The movement of cells from one location to another. Distinguish from CYTOKINESIS which is the process of dividing the CYTOPLASM of a cell.
- Pienta K, Robertson B, Coffey D, Taichman R. The cancer diaspora: Metastasis beyond the seed and soil hypothesis. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:5849-55 pubmed publisher..Merging the social science concept of diaspora with ecologic and population sciences concepts can inform the cancer field to understand the biology of tumorigenesis and metastasis and inspire new ideas for therapy...
- Bentzinger C, von Maltzahn J, Dumont N, Stark D, Wang Y, Nhan K, et al. Wnt7a stimulates myogenic stem cell motility and engraftment resulting in improved muscle strength. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:97-111 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we describe a viable and effective ex vivo cell modulation process that profoundly enhances the efficacy of stem cell therapy for skeletal muscle. ..
- Hryniewicz Jankowska A, Augoff K, Biernatowska A, Podkalicka J, Sikorski A. Membrane rafts as a novel target in cancer therapy. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1845:155-65 pubmed publisher..Examples of known synthetic and naturally occurring substances that are known to affect lateral membrane organization in tumor cell growth are discussed as potential or actual therapeutics. ..
- Yamanaka H, Kondo S. In vitro analysis suggests that difference in cell movement during direct interaction can generate various pigment patterns in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1867-72 pubmed publisher..To analyze the cell movement in detail, we established a unique in vitro system...
- Zhou J, Jiang J. Gap junction and hemichannel-independent actions of connexins on cell and tissue functions--an update. FEBS Lett. 2014;588:1186-92 pubmed publisher..In this review, we provide an updated overview on the current knowledge of gap junction- and hemichannel-independent functions of connexins, in particular, their effects on tumorigenesis, neurogenesis and disease development. ..
- Mayor R, Theveneau E. The role of the non-canonical Wnt-planar cell polarity pathway in neural crest migration. Biochem J. 2014;457:19-26 pubmed publisher..The present review summarizes the mechanisms that control neural crest migration and focuses on the role of non-canonical Wnt or PCP signalling in this process. ..
- Sharma V, Eddy R, Entenberg D, Kai M, Gertler F, Condeelis J. Tks5 and SHIP2 regulate invadopodium maturation, but not initiation, in breast carcinoma cells. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2079-89 pubmed publisher..Tks5 regulates invadopodium formation, but the precise timing during invadopodium lifetime (initiation, stabilization, maturation) when Tks5 plays a role is not known...
- Lu M, Jolly M, Levine H, Onuchic J, Ben Jacob E. MicroRNA-based regulation of epithelial-hybrid-mesenchymal fate determination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:18144-9 pubmed publisher..Testable predictions of dynamic gene expression during complete and partial transitions are presented. ..
- Li L, Luo J, Wang B, Wang D, Xie X, Yuan L, et al. Microrna-124 targets flotillin-1 to regulate proliferation and migration in breast cancer. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:163 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that miR-124 might be a tumor suppressor in breast cancer via the regulation of FLOT1. This microRNA could serve as a potential diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for breast cancer. ..
- Lamouille S, Xu J, Derynck R. Molecular mechanisms of epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2014;15:178-96 pubmed publisher..Among these, transforming growth factor-? (TGF?) family signalling has a predominant role; however, the convergence of signalling pathways is essential for EMT. ..
- Mitsui H, Suárez Fariñas M, Gulati N, Shah K, Cannizzaro M, Coats I, et al. Gene expression profiling of the leading edge of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: IL-24-driven MMP-7. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:1418-1427 pubmed publisher..Identification of regional molecular changes that regulate cancer invasion may facilitate the development of new targeted treatments for aggressive cancer. ..
- Wang X, Zhu Q, Lin Y, Wu L, Wu X, Wang K, et al. Crosstalk between TEMs and endothelial cells modulates angiogenesis and metastasis via IGF1-IGF1R signalling in epithelial ovarian cancer. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1371-1382 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, TEMs promote angiogenesis via IGF1 in both in vivo and in vitro experimental systems after stimulation by Ang2. Altogether, this study paves the way to develop novel therapy targets as the axis of Ang2-TEMs-IGF1 in EOC. ..
- Keller S, Kneissl J, Grabher Meier V, Heindl S, Hasenauer J, Maier D, et al. Evaluation of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling effects in gastric cancer cell lines by detailed motility-focused phenotypic characterization linked with molecular analysis. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:845 pubmed publisher..These results identify components of the EGFR signaling network as important regulators of the phenotypic and molecular response to cetuximab treatment. ..
- Moawia A, Shaheen R, Rasool S, Waseem S, Ewida N, Budde B, et al. Mutations of KIF14 cause primary microcephaly by impairing cytokinesis. Ann Neurol. 2017;82:562-577 pubmed publisher..Our data corroborate the role of an impaired cytokinesis in the etiology of primary and syndromic microcephaly, as has been proposed by recent findings on CIT mutations. Ann Neurol 2017;82:562-577. ..
- Bahri S, Mies F, Ben Ali R, Mlika M, Jameleddine S, Mc Entee K, et al. Rosmarinic acid potentiates carnosic acid induced apoptosis in lung fibroblasts. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184368 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, antifibrotic effect of CA+RA is due to synergistic pro-apoptotic action on lung fibroblasts and myofibroblasts. ..
- Joguet G, Mansuy J, Matusali G, Hamdi S, Walschaerts M, Pavili L, et al. Effect of acute Zika virus infection on sperm and virus clearance in body fluids: a prospective observational study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2017;17:1200-1208 pubmed publisher..Whole blood seems to be the best specimen for Zika virus RNA detection, diagnosis, and follow-up. Agence de la Biomédecine/Agence Régionale de Santé de la Guadeloupe/Inserm-REACTing. ..
- Yahata T, Ibrahim A, Muguruma Y, Eren M, Shaffer A, Watanabe N, et al. TGF-?-induced intracellular PAI-1 is responsible for retaining hematopoietic stem cells in the niche. Blood. 2017;130:2283-2294 pubmed publisher..Our findings open up a new field for the study of intracellular proteolysis as a regulatory mechanism of stem cell fate, which has the potential to improve clinical HSPC mobilization and transplantation protocols. ..
- Wang V, Li Y, Kim D, Zhong X, Du Q, Ghassemian M, et al. Bcl3 Phosphorylation by Akt, Erk2, and IKK Is Required for Its Transcriptional Activity. Mol Cell. 2017;67:484-497.e5 pubmed publisher..This work links Akt and MAPK pathways to NF-?B through Bcl3 and provides mechanistic insight into how Bcl3 functions as an oncoprotein through collaboration with IKK1/2, Akt, and Erk2. ..
- Sun L, Zhang J, Yang Q, Si Y, Liu Y, Wang Q, et al. Synergistic Effects of SAM and Selenium Compounds on Proliferation, Migration and Adhesion of HeLa Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:4433-4441 pubmed..MeSeA, MeSeCys and SeMet exert different antitumor activities by inhibiting ERK and AKT signaling pathways. The combination of MeSeA and SAM exhibited better antitumor effects compared to the other treatments. ..
- Zheng X, Soroush F, Long J, Hall E, Adishesha P, Bhattacharya S, et al. Murine glomerular transcriptome links endothelial cell-specific molecule-1 deficiency with susceptibility to diabetic nephropathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185250 pubmed publisher..Esm-1 inversely correlates with disease susceptibility and inhibits leukocyte infiltration, a critical factor in protecting the kidney from DN. ..
- Popolin C, Reis J, Becceneri A, Graminha A, Almeida M, Corrêa R, et al. Cytotoxicity and anti-tumor effects of new ruthenium complexes on triple negative breast cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183275 pubmed publisher..Complex (4) should be further investigated in vivo in order to stablish its potential to improve breast cancer treatment. ..
- Deniffel D, Nuyen B, Pak K, Suzukawa K, Hung J, Kurabi A, et al. Otitis Media and Nasopharyngeal Colonization in ccl3-/- Mice. Infect Immun. 2017;85: pubmed publisher..Therapies based on CCL3 could prove useful in treating or preventing persistent disease. ..
- Wang H, Qu Y, Dai B, Zhu Y, Shi G, Zhu Y, et al. PBRM1 regulates proliferation and the cell cycle in renal cell carcinoma through a chemokine/chemokine receptor interaction pathway. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180862 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PBRM1 alters cell cycle progression and inhibits proliferation and migration of ACHN cells through the chemokine/chemokine receptor pathway. ..
- Chen Y, Hsieh M, Hsieh Y, Chang Y, Chen P, Yang S, et al. Antimetastatic effects of Rheum palmatum L. extract on oral cancer cells. Environ Toxicol. 2017;32:2287-2294 pubmed publisher..Thus, RLEs may be potentially useful as antimetastatic agents for oral cancer chemotherapy. ..
- Aoki K, Kondo Y, Naoki H, Hiratsuka T, Itoh R, Matsuda M. Propagating Wave of ERK Activation Orients Collective Cell Migration. Dev Cell. 2017;43:305-317.e5 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, an optogenetic ERK activation wave reproduced the collective cell migration. These data provide new mechanistic insight into how cells sense the direction of collective cell migration...
- Pan F, Yang W, Li W, Yang X, Liu S, Li X, et al. Conjugation of gold nanoparticles and recombinant human endostatin modulates vascular normalization via interruption of anterior gradient 2-mediated angiogenesis. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317708547 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrated recombinant human endostatin-gold nanoparticles might normalize vessels by interfering anterior gradient 2-mediated angiogenesis in metastatic colorectal cancer. ..
- Liu Y, Zong Z, Guan X, Wang L, Zhao Y. The role of long non-coding RNA PCA3 in epithelial ovarian carcinoma tumorigenesis and progression. Gene. 2017;633:42-47 pubmed publisher..PCA3 may be a novel and important diagnostic biomarker and a valuable marker for prediction in the clinical care of epithelial ovarian carcinoma. ..
- Gál B, Veselý M, Collakova J, Nekulova M, Jůzová V, Chmelik R, et al. Distinctive behaviour of live biopsy-derived carcinoma cells unveiled using coherence-controlled holographic microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183399 pubmed publisher..If further developed, this approach could later serve in a new functional online analysis of reactions of carcinoma cells to therapy. Such efforts conform to current trends in precision medicine. ..
- Sun Y, Fan X, Zhang Q, Shi X, Xu G, Zou C. Cancer-associated fibroblasts secrete FGF-1 to promote ovarian proliferation, migration, and invasion through the activation of FGF-1/FGFR4 signaling. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317712592 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this fibroblast growth factor-1/fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 axis may become a potential target for the treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- Hosoe Nagai Y, Hidaka T, Sonoda A, Sasaki Y, Yamamoto Nonaka K, Seki T, et al. Re-expression of Sall1 in podocytes protects against adriamycin-induced nephrosis. Lab Invest. 2017;97:1306-1320 pubmed publisher..These protective aspects of Sall1 re-expression in injured podocytes may have the potential to reduce apoptosis and possibly glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Rui X, Pan H, Shao S, Xu X. Anti-tumor and anti-angiogenic effects of Fucoidan on prostate cancer: possible JAK-STAT3 pathway. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:378 pubmed publisher..All these findings provided novel complementary and alternative strategies to treat prostate cancer. ..
- Schmitt F, Gold M, Begemann G, Andronache I, Biersack B, Schobert R. Fluoro and pentafluorothio analogs of the antitumoral curcuminoid EF24 with superior antiangiogenic and vascular-disruptive effects. Bioorg Med Chem. 2017;25:4894-4903 pubmed publisher..Moreover, 3c and 3d showed potential as vascular-disruptive agents in chorioallantoic/vitelline membrane (CA/VM) assays. ..
- Magistro G, Magistro C, Stief C, Schubert S. The high-pathogenicity island (HPI) promotes flagellum-mediated motility in extraintestinal pathogenic Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183950 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that the HPI is part of a complex regulatory network, which orchestrates various virulence mechanisms to optimize the overall fitness of ExPEC. ..
- Chiang H, Chu P, Lee T. R1R2 peptide ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis in mice through fibrocyte migration and differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185811 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings reveal dual regulation of R1R2 on MMP-9 through reduced enzymatic activity on gelatin and increased cleavage of CXCL12. These data suggest that R1R2 has potent anti-fibrotic effects against pulmonary fibrosis...
- Joshi J, Couzin I, Levin S, Guttal V. Mobility can promote the evolution of cooperation via emergent self-assortment dynamics. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005732 pubmed publisher..Our results offer insights into differential adhesion based mechanisms for positive assortment and reveal the possibility of cooperative aggregations in dynamic fission-fusion populations. ..
- Che W, Bao Y, Tang F. Down-regulation of C35 decreased the cell viability and migration of breast ductal carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183941 pubmed publisher..In addition, the migration of breast ductal carcinoma cells decreased when C35 expression was interfered by siRNA1 for 24 h, and interfered by siRNA1 and siRNA2 for 48 h. ..
- Nathan A, Dixit M, Babu S, Balakrishnan A. Comparison and functional characterisation of peripheral blood mononuclear cells isolated from filarial lymphoedema and endemic normals of a South Indian population. Trop Med Int Health. 2017;22:1414-1427 pubmed publisher..048) was significantly reduced in the FL group compared to the EN group. PBMCs from filarial lymphoedema show defective and dysregulated lymphvasculogenic function compared to endemic normals. ..
- McGowan S, McCoy D. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-α and Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate-1 regulate mechano-responsiveness of lung fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2017;313:L1174-L1187 pubmed publisher..Because emphysema and interstitial fibrosis disrupt the parenchymal mechanical continuum, understanding how mechanical factors regulate fibroblast migration could elicit strategies for alveolar repair and regeneration. ..
- Liu B, Li J, Zheng M, Ge J, Li J, Yu P. MiR-542-3p exerts tumor suppressive functions in non-small cell lung cancer cells by upregulating FTSJ2. Life Sci. 2017;188:87-95 pubmed publisher..According to the results, miRNA-542-3p and its targeted FTSJ2 may be indispensable as a predictive biomarker of the response to the treatment in patients with NSCLC. ..
- Brunt L, Begg K, Kague E, Cross S, Hammond C. Wnt signalling controls the response to mechanical loading during zebrafish joint development. Development. 2017;144:2798-2809 pubmed publisher..Wnt16, which is also downstream of muscle activity, controls proliferation and migration, but plays no role in chondrocyte intercalation. ..
- Cai P, Takahashi R, Kuribayashi Shigetomi K, Subagyo A, Sueoka K, Maloney J, et al. Temporal Variation in Single-Cell Power-Law Rheology Spans the Ensemble Variation of Cell Population. Biophys J. 2017;113:671-678 pubmed publisher..The autocorrelation of G? implies that the cell mechanical state evolves in the ensemble of possible states with a characteristic timescale. ..
- Ke Y, Dang E, Shen S, Zhang T, Qiao H, Chang Y, et al. Semaphorin4D Drives CD8+ T-Cell Lesional Trafficking in Oral Lichen Planus via CXCL9/CXCL10 Upregulations in Oral Keratinocytes. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2396-2406 pubmed publisher..Our findings conclusively revealed an amplification feedback loop involving T cells, chemokines, and Sema4D-dependent signal that promotes OLP progression. ..
- Sun Y, Luo T, Shen Y, Haapasalo M, Zou L, Liu J. Effect of iRoot Fast Set root repair material on the proliferation, migration and differentiation of human dental pulp stem cells in vitro. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186848 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that iRoot FS is a bioactive material that promotes the proliferation, migration and osteogenic differentiation of hDPSCs...
- Cui Z, Cui Y, Luo G, Yang S, Ling X, Lou Y, et al. Kallikrein-related peptidase 4 contributes to the tumor metastasis of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2017;81:1768-1777 pubmed publisher..Treatment with a PI3 K/AKT activator reversed the migration-inhibitory effect of KLK4 shRNA. Our study suggests that KLK4 may contribute to the metastasis of OSCC through the PI3 K/AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Hou Z, Xu X, Zhou L, Fu X, Tao S, Zhou J, et al. The long non-coding RNA MALAT1 promotes the migration and invasion of hepatocellular carcinoma by sponging miR-204 and releasing SIRT1. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317718135 pubmed publisher..This study reveals a novel mechanism by which MALAT1 stimulates hepatocellular carcinoma progression and justifies targeting metastasis-associated lung adenocarcinoma transcript 1 as a potential therapy for hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Iwatake M, Nishishita K, Okamoto K, Tsukuba T. The Rho-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor Plekhg5 modulates cell polarity, adhesion, migration, and podosome organization in macrophages and osteoclasts. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:415-430 pubmed publisher..Thus, Plekhg5 affects cell polarity, migration, adhesion, degradation, and podosome organization in macrophages and osteoclasts. ..
- Tungsukruthai S, Sritularak B, Chanvorachote P. Cycloartobiloxanthone Inhibits Migration and Invasion of Lung Cancer Cells. Anticancer Res. 2017;37:6311-6319 pubmed..Metastasis depends on the potential of cancer cells to migrate and invade. Here we demonstrated the anti-migration and invasion activities of the compound cycloartobiloxanthone from Artocarpus gomezianus Wall. ex Tréc. (Moraceae)...