Genomes and Genes
Summary: Release of a virus from the host cell following VIRUS ASSEMBLY and maturation. Egress can occur by host cell lysis, EXOCYTOSIS, or budding through the plasma membrane.
- Thellman N, Botting C, Madaj Z, Triezenberg S. An Immortalized Human Dorsal Root Ganglion Cell Line Provides a Novel Context To Study Herpes Simplex Virus 1 Latency and Reactivation. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Thus, we now have a cell culture model for latency that is derived from the normal host for this virus. ..
- Nagashima S, Takahashi M, Kobayashi T, Nishizawa T, Nishiyama T, Primadharsini P, et al. Characterization of the Quasi-Enveloped Hepatitis E Virus Particles Released by the Cellular Exosomal Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..These data will help to elucidate the entry mechanisms and receptors for HEV infection in the future. This is the first report to characterize the detailed morphological features of membrane-associated HEV particles. ..
- Han Z, Sagum C, Takizawa F, Ruthel G, Berry C, Kong J, et al. Ubiquitin Ligase WWP1 Interacts with Ebola Virus VP40 To Regulate Egress. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This viral PPXY-host WW domain-mediated interaction represents a potential new target for host-oriented inhibitors of EBOV egress. ..
- Li M, Wang P, Zheng Z, Hu K, Zhang M, Guan X, et al. Japanese encephalitis virus counteracts BST2 restriction via its envelope protein E. Virology. 2017;510:67-75 pubmed publisher..Our results together indicate that the release of enveloped viruses whose budding take place in an intracellular compartment can be restricted by BST2. ..
- Varela M, Piras I, Mullan C, Shi X, Tilston Lunel N, Pinto R, et al. Sensitivity to BST-2 restriction correlates with Orthobunyavirus host range. Virology. 2017;509:121-130 pubmed publisher..This work provides insight to help us dissect the adaptive changes that bunyaviruses require to cross the species barrier and emerge into new species. ..
- MÃ©szÃ¡ros I, TÃ³th R, Olasz F, Tijssen P, ZÃ¡dori Z. The SAT Protein of Porcine Parvovirus Accelerates Viral Spreading through Induction of Irreversible Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Earlier we showed that SATp of the attenuated PPV NADL-2 strain accumulates in the ER and accelerates virus release and spreading...
- Guo C, Zhu Z, Guo Y, Wang X, Yu P, Xiao S, et al. Heparanase Upregulation Contributes to Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus Release. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..However, the role of HS in the late phase of PRRSV infection and the mechanism of virus release from host cells remain largely unknown...
- Liberatore R, Mastrocola E, Powell C, Bieniasz P. Tetherin Inhibits Cell-Free Virus Dissemination and Retards Murine Leukemia Virus Pathogenesis. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..many have evolved to counteract an antiviral protein called tetherin, which may selectively inhibit cell-free virus release. We generated a mouse model with an inducible tetherin transgene in order to study how tetherin affects ..
- Bringolf F, Herren M, Wyss M, Vidondo B, Langedijk J, Zurbriggen A, et al. Dimerization Efficiency of Canine Distemper Virus Matrix Protein Regulates Membrane-Budding Activity. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Such stabilized M dimeric units may facilitate further assembly into robust higher-order oligomers necessary to promote plasma membrane-budding activity. ..
- Syed G, Khan M, Yang S, Siddiqui A. Hepatitis C Virus Lipoviroparticles Assemble in the Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) and Bud off from the ER to the Golgi Compartment in COPII Vesicles. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..This work provides a unique insight into the HCV LVP assembly process within infected cells and offers opportunities for designing antiviral therapeutic cellular targets. ..
- Liu Z, Kato A, Oyama M, Kozuka Hata H, Arii J, Kawaguchi Y. Role of Host Cell p32 in Herpes Simplex Virus 1 De-Envelopment during Viral Nuclear Egress. J Virol. 2015;89:8982-98 pubmed..Thus, p32 appeared to be a core component of herpesvirus NECs, like UL31 and UL34 homologs in other herpesviruses, and to play multiple roles in herpesvirus nuclear egress. ..
- Guo Y, Yue Q, Gao J, Wang Z, Chen Y, Blissard G, et al. Roles of Cellular NSF Protein in Entry and Nuclear Egress of Budded Virions of Autographa californica Multiple Nucleopolyhedrovirus. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first to demonstrate that the SNARE system is required for efficient entry of BV and nuclear egress of progeny nucleocapsids of baculoviruses. ..
- Pourcel C, Midoux C, Vergnaud G, Latino L. A carrier state is established in Pseudomonas aeruginosa by phage LeviOr01, a newly isolated ssRNA levivirus. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:2181-2189 pubmed publisher..The present results highlight the importance of the carrier state, an association that benefits both phages and bacteria and plays a role in bacterial evolution. ..
- Brahms A, Mudhasani R, Pinkham C, Kota K, Nasar F, Zamani R, et al. Sorafenib Impedes Rift Valley Fever Virus Egress by Inhibiting Valosin-Containing Protein Function in the Cellular Secretory Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The significance of our research is in identifying the cellular target of sorafenib that inhibits RVFV propagation, so that this information can be used as a tool for the further development of therapeutics used to treat RVFV infection. ..
- Cui X, Yaghmaiean H, Wu G, Wu X, Chen X, Thorn G, et al. The C-terminal region of the Turnip mosaic virus P3 protein is essential for viral infection via targeting P3 to the viral replication complex. Virology. 2017;510:147-155 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the P3 cistron has two distinct functions: P3N-PIPO as a dedicated movement protein and P3 as an essential component of the VRC. ..
- Sonntag E, Milbradt J, Svrlanska A, Strojan H, Häge S, Kraut A, et al. Protein kinases responsible for the phosphorylation of the nuclear egress core complex of human cytomegalovirus. J Gen Virol. 2017;98:2569-2581 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings provide the first evidence that the HCMV core NEC is phosphorylated by cellular kinases, and that the complex pattern of NEC phosphorylation has functional relevance. ..