Genomes and Genes
Summary: A series of sequential intracellular steps involved in the transport of proteins (such as hormones and enzymes) from the site of synthesis to outside the cell. The pathway involves membrane-bound compartments through which the newly synthesized proteins undergo POST-TRANSLATIONAL MODIFICATIONS, packaging, storage, or transportation to the PLASMA MEMBRANE for secretion.
- Wang Y, Zhang H, Shi M, Liou Y, Lu L, Yu F. Sec71 functions as a GEF for the small GTPase Arf1 to govern dendrite pruning of Drosophila sensory neurons. Development. 2017;144:1851-1862 pubmed publisher..However, it is unknown whether the secretory pathway plays a role in dendrite pruning...
- Farhan H, Kundu M, Ferro Novick S. The link between autophagy and secretion: a story of multitasking proteins. Mol Biol Cell. 2017;28:1161-1164 pubmed publisher..The intersection of these pathways may play an important role in remodeling membranes during cellular stress. ..
- Bao J, Huang M, Petranovic D, Nielsen J. Moderate Expression of SEC16 Increases Protein Secretion by Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2017;83: pubmed publisher..However, the limited capacity of the secretory pathway may reduce its productivity...
- Samad M, Mohsin M, Razu B, Hossain M, Mahzabeen S, Unnoor N, et al. -Gingerol, from Zingiber officinale, potentiates GLP-1 mediated glucose-stimulated insulin secretion pathway in pancreatic ?-cells and increases RAB8/RAB10-regulated membrane presentation of GLUT4 transporters in skeletal muscle to improve hypergl. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:395 pubmed publisher
- Brahms A, Mudhasani R, Pinkham C, Kota K, Nasar F, Zamani R, et al. Sorafenib Impedes Rift Valley Fever Virus Egress by Inhibiting Valosin-Containing Protein Function in the Cellular Secretory Pathway. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..p97/valosin-containing protein (VCP), which is involved in membrane remodeling in the secretory pathway and a known target of sorafenib, was found to be important for RVFV egress...
- Trajkovic K, Jeong H, Krainc D. Mutant Huntingtin Is Secreted via a Late Endosomal/Lysosomal Unconventional Secretory Pathway. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9000-9012 pubmed publisher..We found that the protein is secreted via a late endosomal/lysosomal unconventional secretory pathway. Moreover, mHtt secretion can be reduced significantly by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and neutral ..
- Jain A, Holthuis J. Membrane contact sites, ancient and central hubs of cellular lipid logistics. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1450-1458 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Membrane Contact Sites edited by Christian Ungermann and Benoit Kornmann. ..
- Kirkland J, Tchkonia T. Cellular Senescence: A Translational Perspective. EBioMedicine. 2017;21:21-28 pubmed publisher..Several senolytic agents, which appear to alleviate multiple senescence-related phenotypes in pre-clinical models, are beginning the process of being translated into clinical interventions that could be transformative. ..
- Ruth C, Buchetics M, Vidimce V, Kotz D, Naschberger S, Mattanovich D, et al. Pichia pastoris Aft1--a novel transcription factor, enhancing recombinant protein secretion. Microb Cell Fact. 2014;13:120 pubmed publisher..pastoris. Furthermore, we discovered possible novel functions of Aft1 in carbohydrate metabolism and provide evidence arguing against a direct role of Aft1 in P. pastoris iron regulation. ..